Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2019 9:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So now it's Hibiki's turn to fight against that Millaarc girl.

Plenty of action as I had expected this episode. Tsubasa is back to her normal self but I'm pretty sure she has a lot on her mind after what happened. Just hope she doesn't let the recent events affect her too much.

I'm really curious to see what the new enemies have in planned or their true agenda really is.
Jul 20, 2019 10:42 AM
Jul 2013
I don't like Millaarc as a character at all, would have preferred for her to get killed even though it doesn't fit the usual Symphogear formula.

I pretty much called the spoiler at the end of the episode previously, makes me wonder if they'll develop it in a decent way.
Jul 20, 2019 11:38 AM
Aug 2015
Wow that episode, Loving Yukine's Transformation sequence along with Hibiki, Shirabe and Kirika's Can't wait to see Maria's and Tsubasa's.
Jul 20, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2012
After this episode, who's higher on your shit list?

The Vampire or the Old Jackass?

Can't believe he has the gall to literally work with terrorists and then give Tsubasa flak for "failing" to defeat said terrorists. As if I didn't have plenty of reasons to hate this man already!
Jul 20, 2019 11:53 AM

May 2018
WOW! That grandpa is the one pulling the strings behind. What a twist.
Jul 20, 2019 12:07 PM

May 2015
Good episode Im glad we're going back to normal Symphogear after that previous episode.

Also "family" ? Fuck no you don't serve to say that I REALLY hope all three of them are dead by the end of the season they don't deserve a redemption ark. They randomly try to make us feel sorry for her right after she MURDERED 100,000 PEOPLE BEFORE OUR VERY EYES !!

Tsubasa was weirdly alright for some reason. Does that vampires power really just make people go mad for a tiny bit or are we going to see some psychological affects later on.

That Hibiki and Miku scene at the beginning is really exciting me for the future. There is a slight possibility that the feelings Miku was talking about being hard to convey were her feelings of love but I'll try to keep my expectations low.

This episode has kind of cleared my worries about XV being too dark or too different from other seasons. Looking forward to the next episode.

And Im glad about the twist at the end. No one liked him and we knew he was egotistical as fuck so he's a good enemy to be the big villain. Now Hibiki can punch him as well.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Jul 20, 2019 12:10 PM

May 2018
Oh yeah, thank God Tsubasa didn't goes all emo like back in season 1, at least for now. I was afraid she will turn into like in season 1 after last week episode now if only that grandpa can just shut up.
Jul 20, 2019 12:12 PM
Aug 2015
FateHero said:

Can't believe he has the gall to literally work with terrorists and then give Tsubasa flak for "failing" to defeat said terrorists. As if I didn't have plenty of reasons to hate this man already!
Hard to say really, but then again we already knew he was like that considering he basically raped his own sons wife in order to "keep the bloodline pure"
Jul 20, 2019 12:15 PM

Jul 2013
Somehow, I had the feeling grandpa Kazanari was after those two black suited men when it was revealed that Noble Red attacked the American facilities. It doesn't surprises me, since, after how nasty he was the previous season and how he raped Tsubasa's mom, it was clear they weren't going to leave him go scot-free. At least it is nice to see he will be one of the main antagonists of the season, since in AXZ he was basically a background character despite the build up he got in GX.
It's nice to see that, so far, Tsubasa hasn't gone full emo, though we still have to wait till she fights vampire girl again.

I don't know if I will feel pity for Noble Red after what vampire gal did last episode. The thing of the antagonists of the season having a tragic past already worked with Maria, Kirika and Shiraze, and I think they stretched it a bit with the alchemists last season, but this time, in case they follow it, it will be a tad ridiculous. I still don't know if Vanessa truly cares for the other two or not, she seemed caring, but distant and mocking at the same time.

Also, this episode mentioned Hibiki's dad current situation. It was a nice thing to remember him, since, as far as I remember, they did not mentioned him at any point in AXZ.
Jul 20, 2019 2:00 PM
Jun 2016
Nice episode. So far the best transformation sequences in the series. Can someone explain why can't they use the ignite module?
Jul 20, 2019 2:52 PM
Dec 2018
What can I say about this.

1) Really when I started the episode, that bitter taste in my mouth came back when I see Millaarc.

2) The two people I hate in this series (excluding Finé, Dr Ver and Adam) appear in the same episode, great.

3) Two transformations in one episode, fantastic, love the songs and the fights so much

4) Vanessa make a awesome debut

5) That twist man now I want two peoples to die in this series and again, Tsubasa needs to kill both of them

I have to say this, Millaarc has a reason to be like this because she cares so much about Vanessa and Elsa with also call their family, but man, that doesn't convince me to forgive her about what happened in the last episode, also I can't believe they need so much blood for continue to live, Vanessa I don't know if she care or don't care about these two because of how she speak.

Man Fudo is my most hated character in Symphogear with the other antagonist (excluding Carol, Nastassja, Saint Germain, Cagliostro, Prelati and Elsa of course) and seriously I can't forgive him to how he treat Tsubasa, Genjuro and the other Kazanari, the end says that he had made the plan even from the beginning because episodes 13 of AXZ, and now he's behind of all this, most reason to kill him and his reason that doesn't want a good relationship between US and Japan (I'm chilean sorry) and wants to utilize the lunar ruins, I want our protagonist to teach him a good lesson but mostly kill him.

FateHero said:

Sorry I choose both of them.
HelaLoveJul 20, 2019 11:57 PM
Jul 20, 2019 3:25 PM

Dec 2018
After the huge disappointment AXZ was for me, this season also had a terrible start but with the last two episodes the franchise kinda started to redeem itself. I mean Tsubasa didn't have any character development since the first season but now there's the chance that she'll get a decent role in this one. Also I don't feel bored while watching the episode unlike in AXZ.
Jul 20, 2019 5:07 PM

Sep 2011
Damn XV just keeps giving. It feels like they kept all the best for the last.
Jul 20, 2019 5:28 PM

Mar 2016
OH great.

Tsubasa is Shinji.

and Fudou is Gendo.

On a side note: Chris and Shirabe's transformations both in one episode was hella nice. Kirika and Shirabe again being the absolutely brilliant one-two punch.
Jul 20, 2019 6:36 PM

May 2015
America shall lead mankind into the future! You know...that bracelet reminds me of the Witchblade...

Oh boy...the remnants are working for America...this means war!

Are the noise riding Segways? That's so random!

Chris got the Brilliant Stones! Ooh! She got revolvers now! And now we know where she gets all her ammo hahaha...

You know...as much as everyone hates Millaarc, I have to admit that she's got a great design...She's quite the looker too.

Wooo! She finally shot the Red Hot Blaze!!! After 4 seasons! It's a sniper rifle that shoots explosive rounds strong enough to level a city block!

Blood packs in a briefcase and the first thing that come to Shirabe and Kirika's minds are Ketchup and a Barbecue party...

"Shem-ha"...

Great...right when Tsubasa recovers from her trauma, grandpapa Kazanari brings her down even more...

God damn it Kirika! And Shirabe said that it wasn't that simple! And it was so convenient for the spotlight to stop right where she was!

Double transformations for this episode! And we all know how Ono prioritizes Shirabe's transformation over everyone else. Alright, surprise me! Shirabe's got a nice winter outfit btw...

Wait...how come Shirabe gets the season 1 transformation treatment but not Kirika? OHHH! SO STYLISH! HAHAHA!

"Your actions are illegal under some law whose name I can't remember! Cease resisting!" Credit to whoever translated this lmao.

An even bigger Beyblade! And it hit Millaarc so hard that it caused an explosion!

Oh now that's just unfair. An EMP strong enough to disable an entire city...

WHAAAAT!? YOU MEAN THE VERY ENEMIES THAT TSUBASA AND THE OTHERS WERE FIGHTING AGAINST WERE BEING SUPPORTED BY HER GRANDFATHER THIS WHOLE TIME?! Never mind the remnants. We're going to be having ourselves a Family Feud. Fudo is Heihachi, while Tsubasa, Genjuro, and Yatsuhiro are going to be Jin, Lee, and Lars.

So both Millaarc and Elza need that RH Blood to sustain themselves, so they have their limits. Vanessa on the other hand is pretty much a cyborg and is going to be pretty dangerous to go up against. She has a fricking EMP, so she can literally play the gears in her own hands. That final scene in this episode is going get even more intense when the others learn about it, and we haven't even gotten to Miku's role yet! Unless...Miku will be the one to wear the bracelet...
Jul 20, 2019 8:41 PM

Apr 2012
Tarotist said:
Wait...how come Shirabe gets the season 1 transformation treatment but not Kirika? OHHH! SO STYLISH! HAHAHA!

Kirika's transformation sequence didn't get completed in time for episode 2, we'll see it next time she gets her spotlight.
Jul 20, 2019 9:11 PM

Jul 2015
It might end as the best season for me. Pretty solid story for now. No need to mention the production quality (animation, songs, etc...)

5/5
Jul 20, 2019 10:13 PM

Oct 2007
The vampire and also the furry loli also want to be treated like human? Well, if they did not massacre most of the audience + brutally killed one..

Old man revelaed to be evil. Is he the secret boss of this season? Maybe he also has a monster form like Adam, then the girls can beat him up. :p
Liddo-kunJul 21, 2019 12:53 AM
Jul 20, 2019 11:39 PM

Apr 2015
Armados said:
I don't like Millaarc as a character at all, would have preferred for her to get killed even though it doesn't fit the usual Symphogear formula.

I pretty much called the spoiler at the end of the episode previously, makes me wonder if they'll develop it in a decent way.

The usual Symphogear formula is "blood on hand" = "you will die", so Millaarc who killed 70k people will be killed, I think.

Ryuseishun said:
OH great.

Tsubasa is Shinji.

and Fudou is Gendo.

On a side note: Chris and Shirabe's transformations both in one episode was hella nice. Kirika and Shirabe again being the absolutely brilliant one-two punch.

Fudou is worse than Gendo come on. Gendo doesn't murder 100k people to "make Japan divine empire again"
TYxTxYTJul 20, 2019 11:43 PM
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Jul 20, 2019 11:57 PM

Nov 2009
FateHero said:
Tarotist said:

Kirika's transformation sequence didn't get completed in time for episode 2, we'll see it next time she gets her spotlight.

Kirika's transformation sequence was completed but they had to cut it out like 10 secs because it was to leaw.
Jul 21, 2019 12:55 AM

Oct 2007
TYxTxYT said:
Armados said:

The usual Symphogear formula is "blood on hand" = "you will die", so Millaarc who killed 70k people will be killed, I think.

will be hard to convince Tsubasa not to kill vampire-chan. After what she did at the concert, I think Tsubasa would kill her even if she begs for mercy.
Liddo-kunJul 21, 2019 5:53 AM
Jul 21, 2019 1:16 AM

Nov 2013
Chris' transformation felt too fast, but still cool. Kirika's transformation is really nice.
Fudo cooperated with alchemists and still blamed Tsubasa, heh. Still wondering what effect Milaarc's spell actually have.

Is it just me or this season so far have better early episodes compared to GX and AXZ? First 3 episodes are good imo. I hope they keep this momentum and deliver a great season.
Jul 21, 2019 1:40 AM

May 2016
This episode felt like a 2 part in go.

Honestly. this seasons is better than AXZ and GX put together in a blender.
Jul 21, 2019 2:16 AM

Jan 2009
Oh nice, the useless old asshole somehow became even worse.

Also nice try making me feel sympathy towards the villains, but here I'm just thinking "man sucks for the non-mass murdering people that could have used that blood"

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Jul 21, 2019 10:02 AM

Nov 2009
Kirika and Shirabe get a lot of focus in this season. Their scene are so great to watch and those combination attacks are SO COOL.

Look like Vampire-chan (damm, her name is so hard to remember) and Elsa act evil because the situation they are in and just follow order in exchange for their survival. Vampire-chan's crime is still unforgivable. I guess the best she can get is a redemption through a honorable sacrifice. Elsa might survive and join good side.

Ah...So Fudo is behind everything and not USA? Our gears are about to get back-stabbed hard then.

If I have to guess, only Fudo and Cyborg-chan are the true evil in XV. Vampire-Chan and Elsa are just get tricked and being used by Cyborg-chan. Soon, they will get betrayed. On the other hand, Symphogear users and S.O.N.G. will get back-stabbed by Fudo and need to run. Then, Gears + Alchemists will join force as rouge organization against Fudo and government under "Enemy of enemy is my friend" agreement.
Jul 21, 2019 7:54 PM

Oct 2008
oh no! gramps Kazanari is the Antagonist this time!?
4/5.

Jul 22, 2019 1:11 AM

Jun 2015
i bet grampa will just be mini boss, he wants the relic and stops Tsubasa's singing career so she can fully devote into fighting for him. Meanwhile the Custodians are still at large.
Jul 22, 2019 11:33 AM

Feb 2007
Well, that reveal was not particularly surprising after his convenient attack on Tsubasa earlier and the Americans being ruled out this time. Also goes well with Symphogear's usual trajectory since shooting the Moon in the first season of making each episode dumber than the previous.
Jul 22, 2019 9:33 PM

Jan 2008
The pacing of this series is really throwing me off. This episode was especially jarring.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 23, 2019 6:41 PM

Sep 2017
God this series never fails to impressive me with their creative attacks, and oh my god these transformation sequences are something else.
Aug 11, 2020 3:20 AM

May 2012
Wow, the elder Kazanari just can't stop being a total piece of shit, can he? He only ever seems to get worse. Would be ironic if Tsubasa killed his ass after all the time he's spent saying or implying she's useless and powerless.

Also I only realized this episode why Millaarc's name felt familiar. Carmilla, from the vampire novel of the same name, was originally named Millarca when she was still a human. And it's only a very small leap from Millarca to Millaarc.
Apr 26, 2021 10:19 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Hibike boosting Chris in the air for a sniper shot, hell yeah

If it’s anything to show that this final season is going to deliver, the transformations are like never before. Heck it’s the hibike transformation that I saw in one of gigguk’s videos that led me to watch this series in the first place. So far though akatsuki or whatever her name is, is the best one for using her scythe as a fricken stripper pole. Man this just gotta be the symphogear to end it all. Heck, the bat chick even gave tsubasa the finger in the last episode didn’t she?? LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 11, 2021 1:08 AM

Feb 2020
What a twist. So, Kazanari is going to be a "mini boss" or something like that.

This season has been excellent so far, and I'm sure it's only going to get even better.

I also like these new transformations a lot.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 8:05 AM
Jun 17, 2021 3:09 AM

Feb 2014
I ALWAYS HAD A FEELING THAT TSUBASA'S GRANDFATHER WAS ACTUALLY IN CAHOOTS WITH THE BAD GUYS SOMEHOW!!!! I've been thinking that maybeer her father is secretly there too. He started talking about making Japan amazing or something, so I wonder if he's tryna point to America as the enemy.

I wonder if Millaarc's ability that she used against Tsubasa and now Hibiki is something like being able to see an enemy's weakness or something, like it seems like she can see into their biggest fears or insecurities or something o.o

So Millaarc and Elza need the special blood to function. I'm guessing that maybe they use that blood to be so powerful. Maybe there's something special about their blood type that let's them be so powerful? Also Vanessa looks like she could be an Autoscorer or something!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2022 1:02 AM

Jul 2017
Of course old man Kaza is pulling the damn strings lmao

This season has easily been off to the most interesting start. The picture just keeps gets bigger and bigger. They're really setting things up for a bang lol

Also, my god, the henshins this season have no business being as exquisite as they are. They really going in hard this time, like, DAYUM!

Mar 21, 2023 11:03 PM
Des31

Oct 2020
I think it's just me who hate genjuuro very well, surprise me when the 2 Young girl more smarter then him,kirika can think that the enemy will aiming for the blood donor facility and taking action, how about genjuroo ? Just standing and don't command to help them by sending any backup, TF seriously
Sep 17, 2023 9:40 AM

Nov 2010
I'm glad the story didn't do the cliche of Hibiki's parents magically fixing all their issues. Usually, the relationship doesn't work again when couples divorce.
I was expecting Chris to have a sexier transformation. At least the part of her using her boobies to load up her revolver looked sexy!
Shirabe looked sexy for a loli during her transformation.
I'm loving Millaarc so far. The way she fights is so sexy! I want to lick her armpits!
Good twist at the end. I wonder how Tsubasa would react to that revelation. They sacrificed their people for that divine power.

More topics from this board

» New Symphogear project announced

Monkiesmata - Nov 20, 2022

12 by Ex-Aid »»
Apr 9, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2019

42 by rsc-pl »»
Dec 10, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2019

85 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2019

52 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear XV Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2019

41 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 17, 2023 7:01 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.