Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Carole & Tuesday
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 2, 2019 7:55 PM
Jan 2019
WOW! I loved this episode! Personally, I think it's one of the best episodes in this series. What an epic final of the contest! My heart is moved by so much joy. Both presentations were fantastic, but we must admit that Carole and Tuesday had a greater impact on the audience, and on me too 😊. The lyrics and music fulfilled their objective, .. to touch the "heart" and reach the audience.
Let's be honest, if Carole and Tuesday had not had problems getting to the program on time, they would have won. But, I am more than satisfied with this ending. It was simply wonderful, and very exciting.
I love this serie. Thank you, keep it up.

Points to comment:
1. Tuesday's mother, seriously, is unbearable !.
2. Tuesday's brother is a great person. Try to act like a brother, that's great. Support your sister's dream with firmness and sincerity.
3.Gus surprised me with the words he said to Carole. Without a doubt, he was destined to be his manager. Someone who was willing to risk his skin for them. My respects
4. The "Artience Lab" is amazing.
5. Demons! Roddy really is amazing and a great friend. Look to do all that for them. I feel that Gus takes advantage of Roddy's nobility. LOL πŸ˜‚. Without a doubt, Roddy is one of my favorite characters. It is a pity that he and Gus were not present in the program to witness the presentation of Carole and Tuesday. They are undoubtedly great friends and people. Carole and Tuesday were lucky to meet them, and they to them 😁. I just hope they can get out of jail soon.
6. Angela surprised me with her request to the judges about letting Carole and Tuesday participate. She is not a bad person, she just has a bad attitude.
7. "Thank you for allowing Carole and Tuesday to participate and your final verdict." That would tell the judges. What good judges πŸ‘Œ.
Hahaha, it made me laugh to see Ertegun mourn with the presentation of Carole and Tuesday, that shows how good that was 😁.

"I finally met you" .... "We just want to sing together, here and now" ..... "This is just the beginning of your journey" ....

TO BE CONTINUED ... Hey, this is not over yet! We have 24 episodes xD.
Jul 2, 2019 11:43 PM

Nov 2011
No new episode this week.
Jul 3, 2019 8:44 AM

Sep 2009
When they first performed the "Loneliest Girl" at the early episode, I cried a little bit..
But in this episode, I cried. Now I have runny nose lol
Jul 4, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2017
damn this was a good one
Jul 4, 2019 11:55 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Gosh I love these two. What a moving performance!
I did mean to say the last episode showed that Angela had good spirit, but I think this episode sealed the deal on that. She's a good girl despite being a bit of a brat sometimes. She's even grown.
And hopefully Carole and Tuesday have grown as well. ;o;;

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jul 5, 2019 2:06 PM

Dec 2016
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOOOO!!!
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 5, 2019 7:11 PM

Jun 2015
Is it just me or does Angela's song sound an awful lot like Beyonce's Halo? Like, almost plagiarism-levels of similar? Just a thought. Please assure me I'm not crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnVUHWCynig

πŸ’– 𝐼'𝓂 π’½π’Άπ“Žπ’Ήπ‘’π“ƒβ£ πŸ’–

⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨ΰ­§Λš πŸ’ π’―π“Œπ’Ύπ“‰π“‰π‘’π“‡ πŸ’ π’΄π‘œπ“Šπ’―π“Šπ’·π‘’ πŸ’ Λšΰ­¨ΰ­§β‹†ο½‘Λš ⋆
πŸ’ π‘€π“ŽπΉπ’Ύπ‘”π“Šπ“‡π‘’π’žπ‘œπ“π“π‘’π’Έπ“‰π’Ύπ‘œπ“ƒ πŸ’
Jul 7, 2019 2:58 AM

Oct 2013
Lovely performances aside, that outcome was like when a current babyface champion gets blindsided by some heel interference outside the ring and it costs them the match. You know, the person you don't want to win wins, but the hero's integrity and reputation are protected because it wasn't a clean win. DESPICABLE.

☩ Discord: the.path.to.pathos
☩ RateYourMusic
☩ last.fm
Jul 10, 2019 1:19 AM
Jul 2019
those were definitely the two best performances so far. Not sure how the second cour can top this in terms of music, so hopefully it steps the plot up a bit.
Jul 11, 2019 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Damn, The Loneliest Girl was great!

I'm glad that the judges let them perform. A bit surprised that Ertegun almost cried. I'm more interesed in Tao and Angela's relation.

Can't wait for the next cour.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 12, 2019 2:31 AM
ε­”ηœŸγƒ»γ‚³γ‚¦γƒžγ‚³γƒˆ

Jun 2017
Amazing Episode!

Gus’s little ‘kidnapping plan’ xD but it was nice of him to share a story of himself in trying to patch things up for the girls beforehand. Poor Roddy with the unfortunate role like the usual. Meanwhile, Tuesday and her brother finally manages to have a proper conversation and it’s good to see him supportive of this notion. Pretty cool taxi driver (?) there, lol. But now, to the meaty part...

Loneliest Girl and Loneliness, both were absolutely top-notch in terms of presentation, lyrics and music! Seeing Tao and Ertegun (xD) overwhelmed just goes to show how brilliant the two performances were! Lol @ Roddy and Gus crying from behind bars though. “Our Starting Point.”, just says it all really. Angela’s singing shown in the big screen outside was a really nice addition too, I would've loved to see the same for Carole & Tuesday’s performance though. Looking forward to more Angela vs. Carole & Tuesday in the second half! I’m very glad that the judges are willing to give Carole & Tuesday the opportunity to advance forward despite the odd convenience factor and whatnot. Carole taking the disqualification at the start without any qualms was really nice to see as well. I wonder if Tao will try to contact Carole & Tuesday again.

Overall, this first half has been excellent!
Story-wise, it hasn’t been the finest admittedly and a few odd shots of animation every now and then but it’s totally off the charts in the other aspects. As such, 8.6 (=>9.0/10) to this first cour and here’s to hoping the second cour will be just as good, if not even better!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 16, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2019
I just wanted to say that I feel deeply represented by this guy:

He could be watching and enjoying the most power and exciting performance of his life and he will keep staring with that pretentious and condescending face. I absolutly love that guy.
Jul 22, 2019 12:58 AM

Jun 2016
It's been awhile since I watched this but I'm catching up and what a good episode to come back to! The first scenes were perfection when it comes to the flow of this anime I know and love. The piano in the cold open as Tuesday is taken way. The piano heavy song to show the sadness in their separation with the montage. The silent dad to daughter conversation with Gus telling Carole some advice that he wished he took when he wasn't the man he is today. Then again, more piano this time, notes going up and done with acoustic guitar playing with more instruments to come in during the joint scene between Tuesday and Spencer teaming up, and our trio coming to break her out with the "Between you and me, I'm off to kidnap a girl" we were all waiting for. Spencer in that scene showed how great of a boy he is too, a brother who was complacent with his mother's ways until he really started to understand his sister and decided to fight for her sake. It mustn't be forgotten how awful her mother is saying she has no expectations for Tuesday and locking her away for a week to keep her from influencing the campaign, having a rough mother/daughter relationship is a connection she has to Angela. On top of that great stuff, we cut to Angela and Tao with this chilling wavy and ambient track as she gives some insight into her own mental state, asking Tao to be there for her with huge shots of the future building they're in. The directing in this anime is one of my favorite parts of it. It creates a sense of fluidity and consistency I don't notice much elsewhere.

That Angela scene itself was interesting more than just Angela talking about how she wants to feel needed- as she only began because of Mama and Mama's dream. It was interesting because Tao said the system they use can tap into her subconscious and create music with it which, to me, sounds like writing music literally straight from your heart. Then the break out scene was fun, Roddy got the short end of the stick again but at least this time Gus stayed back to fight some guards for his sake. I was worried they'd leave him behind as the girls get a ride with some insane fan willing to get into a police chase for them.

A lot had happened and by the time the concerts started I thought the episode was nearing the end but it was simply 13 minutes in and I was kinda shocked! This was faced paced but not in a bad way, it felt natural. The setup for Angela winning before they even start was interesting because apparently Carole concedes she was wrong for wanting to win despite her really advising Tuesday to be more serious and stand up for herself. So, when the idea was 'we have to remember not that we want to win but that we want to sing and play music together' it made for not winning but playing for the sake of each other thematically quite nice. I was then surprised that they too won with some weird rule breaking decision, but that contrived stuff is seen everywhere, I can't act upset by any means, I mean just earlier this episode they were picked up by a random speeding fan in the nick of time.

Angela showed more that she wants to win fair and square, as if she's trying to make singing about her and prove her value to herself(or Tao). She reminds me of Tien from the original Dragon Ball in all honestly with Mama being a less scummy Crane Hermit. If that's the case then Gus is Roshi and if you know what happens in the original Dragon Ball then we should be in for a ride, even though I'm 100% kidding and don't think it'll happen. Tao smiled during Angela's song- impressed by her. Ertegun is now on Carole and Tuesday's side as Roddy did say he shouldn't let his emotions get in the way of judging music. And Gus and Roddy cried their eyes out in jail. Fun episode.
Aug 1, 2019 10:17 AM
Nov 2018
Dmn, Angela's song is so good. Also, it's 10/10 performance they made (Well.. Studio Bones). Can't wait for more music and performances from this anime.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Aug 3, 2019 8:21 AM

Dec 2016
I'm speechless of how amazing both performances have expressed the potential of both songs. Very beautiful!

Wow! Ertegun cryed? Wasn't expect him to get emotional when someone's hard to please. Remarkable! He must have regreted to listen to Carole & Tuesday's before XD

Wonderful episode!
Aug 3, 2019 8:31 PM

Jul 2016
Sorry but this episode was way too cheesy for my taste. Especially during the second half with the whole "let's rescue Tues" plan just minutes before the presentation. The random fan who helped them and the sprint through the city were pretty cliche as well. And of course, not to mention the sudden disqualification rule the judges imposed, which was later broken by themselves in order to have both Angela and C&T as winners.
Honestly, it was like watching a movie for kids, with a bit of drama and angst but no actual threat for the protagonists. Protagonists who obviously ended up getting what they wanted in the first place.

Overall, this whole arc wasn't as strong as the first couple of episodes, which is a real shame. I hope the second cour can be better and give me a more entertaining storyline now that C&T are famous.
Aug 9, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2018
I like how Tuesday and her brother bonded this episode.
Now that I think Angela's second performance was likely for Tao.
Her 3rd performance was commendable again.
And Loneliest Girl is my favorite song by Carole and Tuesday at least among the insert ones so yeah, that was a great performance.
And both our duo and Angela are debuting, very nice. That was a very solid episode.
Aug 10, 2019 5:02 PM
Jul 2014
Excellent end to a excellent arc. Makes me want to go rewatch Glass Mask. I love come-up stories.
Aug 21, 2019 9:36 AM

May 2017
big sad for Roddy

Ertegun are you Gonna Cry? Gonna Piss Your Pants Maybe? hmm?
Sep 1, 2019 5:45 AM

Dec 2015
This was a very satisfying episode to watch, I'm happy it all turned out well in the end! I still love their song, it was nice hearing it again. Looking forward to more!
Sep 18, 2019 2:45 AM

Feb 2012
Oh my god i watched this on netflix not knowing what to expect and i can clearly say i'm not disappointed.
This is the first anime in a while to have such quality.
Anyway i'm glad for Carole & Tuesday to be able to debut aswell along with Angela.
Seems like Angela is also not as a dick as we thought.

γ€Œ To other people, I might not have changed at all, but I feel like I was able to change... 」

Sep 19, 2019 9:20 AM

Mar 2010
Seems angela is sweet towards them, didnt expect that really. Saw this end kind of coming but better than the cliche ending i thought it would be which would be them winning laat minute and not being disqualified. This seemed more realistic.
Tho angela winning would be cool too to see carole and tuesday struggle and then at ep 24 win themselves :)

Ugh only 12 eps on EU netflix so that sucks.. cant wait for other 12 rlly as i loved the songs,

SouthRzVa said:
Sorry but this episode was way too cheesy for my taste. Especially during the second half with the whole "let's rescue Tues" plan just minutes before the presentation. The random fan who helped them and the sprint through the city were pretty cliche as well. And of course, not to mention the sudden disqualification rule the judges imposed, which was later broken by themselves in order to have both Angela and C&T as winners.
Honestly, it was like watching a movie for kids, with a bit of drama and angst but no actual threat for the protagonists. Protagonists who obviously ended up getting what they wanted in the first place.

Overall, this whole arc wasn't as strong as the first couple of episodes, which is a real shame. I hope the second cour can be better and give me a more entertaining storyline now that C&T are famous.

+1
Sep 22, 2019 9:06 AM
Jul 2018
Angela, gratz, I really came to like her! She seems to be little bit snobbish, but her songs reveal her feelings and she's very fair to others, even if she's hard to them sometimes. But she's hard to herself as well and very proud of her own achievements.

Tuesday's brother is so nice, good guy, and good drama there. I' glad she finally gave her the gift.

Lonelinest girl is so beautiful, love that song. x3

removed-userSep 22, 2019 9:11 AM
Oct 17, 2019 11:17 AM
Sep 2007
Well, that's all what's on Netflix, I hope they'll give us rest of the series soon.

Tuesday's mother is terrible, more concerned about her political career than her daughter's feelings. No wonder she ran away. Even mansion is a prison if you can't get out.

Speaking of prison, Gus' plan to kidnap Tuesday ultimately fails, because
1. Her brother decides to help her, so she runs free anyway
2. He and Roddy get caught.
Luckily prisoners they were put in with seems to enjoy C&T's song :)
Too bad the duo got disqualified.
Oct 20, 2019 7:30 PM

Mar 2019
Loooved this episode, and since i'm watching on Netflix that's it for now, this show is amazing overall.
Oct 22, 2019 1:04 AM

Jun 2009
To be honest, I actually thought Angela's performance was the better one.
Oct 24, 2019 5:01 AM

Mar 2013
All I could think of during Roddy's 'diversion'
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Nov 24, 2019 4:12 AM

Jul 2015
Well at least they won, now onto the big stage! becoming world famous!

Dec 3, 2019 5:30 AM

Mar 2015
They slayed it with that performance!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 19, 2020 9:08 AM

Mar 2018
It was okay. I rushed through the first twelve episodes and I have to say I am still not impressed. The song by Angela would have also worked at the Eurovision Song Contest...but wouldn't have won. We already knew the song by Carole and Tuesday and it is a cute song but I didn't understand the overly emotional reaction.

All in all the show feels also as if it was written by an A.I. Very cold and calculated. "Given" only had a single song but damn that song had a much stronger emotional impact and was also better than anything I heard on Carole and Tuesday. I will finish this show mainly because my mom loved it and said it was really good but so far I am not feeling the love.
huntress1013Jan 19, 2020 9:12 AM
Jan 28, 2020 1:10 PM

Jun 2015
Congrats on sending a minor to prison, Gus.
D-did Ertegun cry on their performance?
Probably the best episode so far, even with that double winner bs
Mar 23, 2020 1:29 AM

Sep 2011
One word, perfection!
May 7, 2021 2:15 PM

Apr 2014
amazing first half looking forward to what the 2nd half will be

series is amazing
"one step at a time"
Nov 17, 2022 10:46 PM

Oct 2022
Roddy deserves the most recognition out of all four of them, Tuesday just ran past him and didn't even notice him. Poor lad got tased and on top of that got himself locked up in prison for Carole&Tuesday's music career.
Apr 21, 8:52 PM

Feb 2019
That was an amazing performance from Carole & Tuesday at the end. I almost teared up myself when they got the chance to debut! Even Ertegun stood up. He can't deny their abilities anymore.

And I love how the guys in jail with Gus and Roddy were in tears as well lol

Angela is really a fair person. She doesn't want to win at all costs, she wants to win fair and square. I can respect that.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

82 by Shikkakku »»
Yesterday, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2019

77 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 7, 2019

85 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 23, 7:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

81 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 22, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Carole & Tuesday Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

101 by Shikkakku »»
Apr 20, 8:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.