Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 16, 2019 3:33 AM
Aug 2017
_BombA- said:
I really like this show (9/10) and liked all the eps so far but this episode pissed me off to the point this is my first post about an anime.

Comedy was bad (note : the boy destroying zenitsu with words was the only fun part)

Zenitsu was annoying as f*** I hope this guy die quick.

Rest of the episode was.. ok i guess

FrozenRaider said:
Zenitsu - just let him die quick. PLease.

He is one of the main characters and one of the most popular characters so your wish is not gonna come true. LOL.
Himawari9Jun 16, 2019 3:38 AM
Jun 16, 2019 4:06 AM
Jul 2018
Zenitsu's so loud and noisy.
Jun 16, 2019 4:38 AM
Apr 2018
The first girl in this eps sounds like Kaguya (koga aoi) do you guys know who is VA
Jun 16, 2019 5:37 AM

Apr 2015
tidoesstuff said:

Okay. Was it just me, or were these expressions just perfect; honestly though, this was a great episode.

Tanjirou disgusting faces were the best.
Jun 16, 2019 6:02 AM

Nov 2014
i know some ppl find this new guy annoying but i think he's fucking hilarious. It's hard to imagine that he actually shares the same voice actor as Dabi from My Hero Academia. They're just so different, and imagining Dabi acting this way is so... Oof.

This new demon has an interesting power. It's like one of those tilted house attractions and paintings. I wonder how Tanjirou will get out of this one (yes i finally spelled his name correctly) and I can't wait to see more of the pig guy. He looks like a fun fella.
Jun 16, 2019 6:13 AM

Jun 2016
This is different types of people between guy who can be serious when situation ask for it and silly when not which is Tanjirou then A guy who is silly all time even at serious situation which is Zenitsu. So People here saying Zenitsu is like us normal people in real world is bullshit. Who act silly and moron in situation as life and death like this. Tanjirou is way more realistic.

I hope Zenitsu don t get anymore annoying. I already read the manga I like All main characters(just okay inosuke) Zenitsu is the only one I don t like

If zenitsu get anymore annoying than this I will not watch this first half part. The second part is way better than which I already read And why I love This series.

Zenitsu is literally opposite of Giyuu tomioka in Demeanour amd personality haha. No wonder I distain this guy.

Everything besides zenitsu related okay episode still enjoying too see my boy Tanjirou he is my favourite character in this series equal with Giyu Tomioka
PrideRoyalIvyJun 16, 2019 6:20 AM

Jun 16, 2019 6:19 AM

Jan 2009
I usually don't criticize the comedy in shows aimed at a younger audience but holy shit this is so cringy and annoying!
Zenitsu is exactly what this show didn't need but it had to have him because mediocre writers think they have to follow certain rules (like having a comic relief character) and end up overdoing them.
Jun 16, 2019 6:48 AM

Mar 2013
I liked the whole scene*O*
Holy cow! Cliffhanger! episode 12 please!
Jun 16, 2019 7:49 AM

Dec 2018
Yes as everyone's saying, Zenitsu is annoying.

But if story telling of the show is good(which it is), I can see how Zenitsu has the potential of being a great character, if not even the best. Why?

Because characters who are flawed or characters who make the audience actively dislike them have the highest chance of ending up being the best characters, because they have the highest room to grow. Compared to Tanjirou, Zenitsu already have that aspect in spades, unless the story telling takes a hard left turn(Shield Hero much), but I doubt that would happen.

Also Zenitsu and Boar head dude appears as the closest characters to Tanjirou and Nezuko according to the ED, so I doubt people who already dislike him will keep disliking him.

By the way I haven't read the manga.
Jun 16, 2019 7:57 AM

Jan 2018
my boi inosuke coming through!!!!!
Jun 16, 2019 8:22 AM

Mar 2008
Annoying comic relief character hoooo! Tick off that box on how to write a cliched action series. I really hope they tone down Zenitsu going forward and don't just make him the stock comic relief character. Breaking tension is a good thing but do they need to have him scream and moan like a pathetic child?

I'm really supposed to believe this moron made it through the final challenge when he can barely stand on his own two feet and not yell and scream at the prospects of a demon being nearby? Our MC barely made it through the final challenge.
My Channel Anime Reviews, Unboxings and More
Drak Shadow For LetsPlays and Movie Vlogs
Jun 16, 2019 9:20 AM

Dec 2009
hmm well at least all the Zenitsu's screams and whining sound less annoying than i thought he would be; lol idk maybe because his voice actor is my favorite and i really enjoyed all the noises xD and i also think zenitsu is hilarious he definitely my favorite especially after that chapter-
Jun 16, 2019 10:53 AM

Feb 2014
I'm not surprised to see a few users here showing their frustration at Zenitsu's constant screaming and all, but I must say, even if he IS a little annoying at times, you have to admit that his comedy moments with Tanjiro was really funny.

I almost lost it twice when Tanjiro showcased his disgusted face at Zenitsu's endless whinging. XD

Anyway, the demon that both Tanjiro and Zenitsu are sent to kill looks tricky. Not only does he look fearsome, but his ability to change the layout of all of the rooms in his house in a blink of an eye is going to be a nuisance.

However, a third demon slayer is also after the demon as well, which is the boar guy. His twin swords look really lethal and his personality is also crazy, but very likeable, too.

The next episode should be another great one, I'm sure of it! ^_^
Jun 16, 2019 10:58 AM

Apr 2019
The new charracters are breath of the fresh air the series needed and the demon looks really interesting.
Jun 16, 2019 11:10 AM

Jan 2015
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
But if story telling of the show is good(which it is), I can see how Zenitsu has the potential of being a great character, if not even the best. Why?

I’m usually not the type of person who says “he gets better”, ‘cause from a personality standpoint, the content of what we’ve seen this episode of Zenitsu, will stay the same through all the manga. He just gets toned down a little.
Anyway, there are some reasons why Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character in Kimetsu no Yaiba, even more than Nezuko and Inosuke (in Japan at least), and I assure you that by the end of the season, a lot of people who are hating on him now, will come to love him. During the next arc, you’ll see yourself why, ‘cause it’s there that he gets some important character development. Not saying he’ll change, but once you get to know more of him, you’ll start loving him. People who are patient will be rewarded. In fact, everyone who read the manga, or at least, almost everyone, were not bothered a little by him during this episode.
I’m not ashamed to say that he’s the best written, and the most interesting, resulting the best character in Kimetsu no Yaiba in my opinion.
XenocrisiJun 16, 2019 11:18 AM
Jun 16, 2019 12:07 PM

Dec 2018
Xenocrisi said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

I’m usually not the type of person who says “he gets better”, ‘cause from a personality standpoint, the content of what we’ve seen this episode of Zenitsu, will stay the same through all the manga. He just gets toned down a little.
Anyway, there are some reasons why Zenitsu is the 2nd most popular character in Kimetsu no Yaiba, even more than Nezuko and Inosuke (in Japan at least), and I assure you that by the end of the season, a lot of people who are hating on him now, will come to love him. During the next arc, you’ll see yourself why, ‘cause it’s there that he gets some important character development. Not saying he’ll change, but once you get to know more of him, you’ll start loving him. People who are patient will be rewarded. In fact, everyone who read the manga, or at least, almost everyone, were not bothered a little by him during this episode.
I’m not ashamed to say that he’s the best written, and the most interesting, resulting the best character in Kimetsu no Yaiba in my opinion.

It's fine to have a character's personality stay the same throughout the whole show, it's the character depth that needs to be expanded on, and as you are saying here that is what happens so all is well.

I figured all that out from what we've already seen from the show, I think Zenitsu and Boar head guy are the only characters that actually have two appearances(or more) in the OP and have a prominent moment in the ED, and it looked like they are going to be a team with our main duo, that alone should have made it clear that they are going to be expanded on.

It's just I'm sad that people aren't realizing whats in the OP and ED and are actually dropping this show because a character with high anxiety just shows up.
Jun 16, 2019 12:09 PM

Sep 2011
Calxyaflos said:
The first girl in this eps sounds like Kaguya (koga aoi) do you guys know who is VA

I was thinking the same thing.
Jun 16, 2019 12:25 PM
Apr 2019
so far the only good character in this show is nezuko, who doesn't talk
Jun 16, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Horrible episode, the transition to and from comedy relief during the battle got obnoxious. Literally had to skip the parts as they took about 30% of the episode and contributed nothing.
Jun 16, 2019 2:34 PM

Sep 2017
Man Zenitsu is an absolute lunatic. Amazing that he's managed to survive this long. Still even if he got really lucky during the final trial thing, I doubt he made it through without killing a single demon. This demon house thing is looking like it's gonna be pretty cool in the mean time.
Jun 16, 2019 3:26 PM

Apr 2016
tanjiro's faces at zenitsu are hilarious! also fuck this guy he sucks im gonna chop his head off bro how do u guys like this. go ahead and say im normie for thinking he's annoying. i know you're just pretending to be OK with him because it's the road less taken. Good on you
moe moe ichijou seiya

Jun 16, 2019 6:55 PM
Jan 2019
THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS EP RATINNNNNNGS
Jun 16, 2019 7:10 PM
Oct 2018
Wow, that was extremely hard to watch. Worst episode yet by a landslide. For the duration of this show, I will skip every scene with the dumb yellow kid in it.
Jun 16, 2019 7:19 PM

Aug 2015
The girl Zenitsu wanted to marry really sounded like Kaguya from Kaguya-sama: Love is War. The impression was cute, too. Could she be a foreshadowing of an upcoming character with her voice?
Jun 16, 2019 9:04 PM

Apr 2018
ProofByColor said:
Man Zenitsu is an absolute lunatic. Amazing that he's managed to survive this long. Still even if he got really lucky during the final trial thing, I doubt he made it through without killing a single demon. This demon house thing is looking like it's gonna be pretty cool in the mean time.
ShadowBlazer3000 said:
I'm really supposed to believe this moron made it through the final challenge when he can barely stand on his own two feet and not yell and scream at the prospects of a demon being nearby? Our MC barely made it through the final challenge.
did you guys really believe that zenitsu is a weak character? LOL
I think it's not a spoiler if i say that zenitsu is a strong character, after all he is one of 5 kids that managed to survive the final selection.
Jfs_Jun 17, 2019 4:56 AM
Jun 17, 2019 12:23 AM

Aug 2012
salbery755 said:
Zenitsu made me laugh with his ridiculousness, normally I dislike the cowardly and annoying characters, but for some reason with this guy I could not hate him, his ridiculous faces and his exaggerated way of reacting made me laugh throughout the episode.

After that humiliating introduction where Tanjirou meets Zenitsu, they are both assigned to a new mission (for Tanjirou's bad luck).
Both find a house in the middle of the forest and nearby they find a boy and his little sister, both very terrified and they reveal that a devil lives in the house and kidnaps his older brother.
Zenitsu apparently is not as useless as he shows, like Tanjirou, he shows to have an excellent sense of hearing, but it's too late and a boy is thrown from the second floor and he dies in Tanjirou's arms, fortunately He isn't the elder brother of the little ones.
When Tanjirou decided to take action and take Zenitsu away he was too funny, Zenitsu was totally unnerved by the previous scene, but I wonder what face Tanjirou would have for that coward to change his mind?

When they entered the house there was an atmosphere of suspense really well made, but Zenitsu's cowardice ruined it, I laughed out loud at the faces he put when Tanjirou said he was still recovering from his previous battle.
The new demon has a skill that I like very much, the house is a kind of labyrinth that changes when the sound of the drum is heard.
Zenitsu in his desperation to run away finds the boy with the boar mask and obviously the ridiculous Zenitsu made me laugh for the stupid face he put, I feel sorry for the poor boy who has to be with Zenitsu.
Tanjirou discovers that the demon of the drums controls not only the change of rooms, but also the room can rotate, but in an instant the boy of the boar mask arrives at the room where Tanjirou is and apparently he is also a demon slayer.
Damn this episode seemed well balanced, I know that not everyone likes characters like Zenitsu, but being honest their stupidity and cowardice made me have a good time (and if I'm honest, I did not find him as annoying as Asta)
But now I just have to ask myself, what will Zenitsu's combat ability be? the opening shows a detail, but I want to see how he defends and saves the child (or maybe Tanjirou and boar mask do all the work), boar mask also caught my attention and I want to see if this guy will cooperated with Tanjirou to beat the demon of the drums.
The name of the next episode called my curiosity, what do they refer when they mention that Zenitsu is sleeping?
Also Innosuke>>Zenitsu
Jun 17, 2019 2:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Pretty odd episode!

Like it was good and funny for the most bit but some of the other comedic moments just felt .. awkward. Zenitsu sure is an odd fella and lol @ the comedy at the start with the short cameo of the village girl. Tanjirou’s disgusted face is soul-crushing too, I must admit xD. Boar masked swordsman makes a grand entry too and I’ve got mixed feelings over this. Mixed feelings over the whole episode, in fact. Hey, the demon at least is bloody freaky, like the usual, so looking forward to a cracking battle next week! Sound Department was totally on point this yet again, mad props to Yuki Kajiura! A little sad that there was no Nezuko this episode though and probably not next episode either ;-;
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 17, 2019 2:33 AM
Apr 2019
I didn't like Zenitsu that much when I first started reading the manga and he still isn't one of my faves, but he never made me want to drop the manga.
Jun 17, 2019 3:08 AM

Jan 2009
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

Because characters who are flawed or characters who make the audience actively dislike them have the highest chance of ending up being the best characters, because they have the highest room to grow. Compared to Tanjirou, Zenitsu already have that aspect in spades, unless the story telling takes a hard left turn(Shield Hero much), but I doubt that would happen.

Also Zenitsu and Boar head dude appears as the closest characters to Tanjirou and Nezuko according to the ED, so I doubt people who already dislike him will keep disliking him.

The problem is not Zenitsu himself, I've seen many cowardly/whiny characters that are likeable (Usopp from One Piece is a good example), the problem is that the joke about him was cringy and yet it was dragged on for over half the episode, I had to skip through some scenes.
And btw the writing won't make up for anything (if that's what you were trying to say), because it's mediocre at best and has many problems.
Jun 17, 2019 3:23 AM

Jul 2017
As an anime-only, Zenitsu is funny, but due to Asta levels of comedy, he becomes annoying. Even against the manga adaptation and the music use, unwind this episode amusing to a certain degree.

And i gotta say, Tanjirou's facial expressions sealed Zenitsu's fate. It seems as if. And both him and Mr. Pig Boar finally got revealed!

The demon of the week is pretty skilled Insidious-style, and then...cliffhanger?
Great episode, if Zenitsu with his comedy style doesn't present better now.
Jun 17, 2019 3:52 AM

Mar 2010
Wow this episode was like a horror game/movie. Children getting kidnapped and trapped in a house.
I haven't seen a whiny character like this one in a long time.
Jun 17, 2019 4:25 AM

Dec 2016
Kinda sad they remove the gag where Tanjirou can't ambush people since there no narrator.
Jun 17, 2019 4:56 AM

Dec 2018
DiabloMask said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

The problem is not Zenitsu himself, I've seen many cowardly/whiny characters that are likeable (Usopp from One Piece is a good example), the problem is that the joke about him was cringy and yet it was dragged on for over half the episode, I had to skip through some scenes.
And btw the writing won't make up for anything (if that's what you were trying to say), because it's mediocre at best and has many problems.

How can you consider what Zenitsu is going through as a joke, the guy being scared of demons and afraid of death makes him the most down to earth demon slayer in the shows world. Just imagine if you were face to face with a guy with two swords wearing a boar head and being trapped in a never ending puzzle would you be like Tanjiro and act cool, no. What that tells is Zenitsu should be the last person to become a demon slayer, but here's the beauty of Zenitsu, he became a demon slayer. He already is one.

He didn't accidentally arrive at the testing location and accidentally become a demon slayer, he somehow got through the test and became a demon slayer, and if you remember after the test Zenitsu was the only one trembling with fear, I assume he was questioning himself why he even was there and not wanting to be demon slayer.

And this is what's already making him the most interesting character, why did Zenitsu become a demon slayer? Believe me when this question is answered everyone is going to love him(And I haven't even read the manga). Right now you are supposed to be annoyed by him, if you hate him now, you are going to hate yourself for hating Zenitsu in the future.

The higher the "cringy joke" of Zenitsu(as you say), the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character to the audience when above question is answered.

But I doubt it would impact anyone if said one is willing to skip through a show.
Jun 17, 2019 5:25 AM

Nov 2018
Anyone noticing that the girl who was asked by the orange guy has kaguya-sama voice? I bet they share same va

-------------------

Oops seems i am not the only one who think so
Jun 17, 2019 7:11 AM

Jan 2009
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
DiabloMask said:

How can you consider what Zenitsu is going through as a joke, the guy being scared of demons and afraid of death makes him the most down to earth demon slayer in the shows world. Just imagine if you were face to face with a guy with two swords wearing a boar head and being trapped in a never ending puzzle would you be like Tanjiro and act cool, no. What that tells is Zenitsu should be the last person to become a demon slayer, but here's the beauty of Zenitsu, he became a demon slayer. He already is one.

He didn't accidentally arrive at the testing location and accidentally become a demon slayer, he somehow got through the test and became a demon slayer, and if you remember after the test Zenitsu was the only one trembling with fear, I assume he was questioning himself why he even was there and not wanting to be demon slayer.

And this is what's already making him the most interesting character, why did Zenitsu become a demon slayer? Believe me when this question is answered everyone is going to love him(And I haven't even read the manga). Right now you are supposed to be annoyed by him, if you hate him now, you are going to hate yourself for hating Zenitsu in the future.

The higher the "cringy joke" of Zenitsu(as you say), the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character to the audience when above question is answered.

But I doubt it would impact anyone if said one is willing to skip through a show.

I'm obviously talking about the comedy of this episode! The joke (the comedy) was cringy and dragged on, I don't get how you misunderstood that!
Also I literally said "the problem is not Zenitsu", so I don't know what you're on about.
Jun 17, 2019 7:44 AM

Dec 2018
DiabloMask said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

I'm obviously talking about the comedy of this episode! The joke (the comedy) was cringy and dragged on, I don't get how you misunderstood that!
Also I literally said "the problem is not Zenitsu", so I don't know what you're on about.

I didn't misunderstand, I knew what you said, the comedy parts of Zenitsu took almost half the episode, that's why I said : "The higher the "cringy joke" of Zenitsu(as you say), the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character to the audience when above question is answered".
You earlier said "joke was cringy" hence i wrote "cringy joke" in quotes for you to understand.
Ideal version : "The higher the annoyance of Zenitsu, the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character when we get to know his reasoning to be a demon slayer"

Ok, lets end this here, it's fine, you have your opinion, I'll have mine, I was just trying to help you understand why half the episode was "cringy jokes".
Jun 17, 2019 7:45 AM
Oct 2016
We finally get introduced to the boar head guy, excited to see more of him. Also Zenitsu is seriously a coward, he`s like a more pessimistic Usopp, didn`t think that was possible.
Jun 17, 2019 7:54 AM
Jan 2016
Zenitsu is really a funny guy, her reaction were so awesome!

Boar headed guys appeared, he looks really powerful, what a nice appearance!
Jun 17, 2019 8:33 AM

Jan 2009
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
DiabloMask said:

I didn't misunderstand, I knew what you said, the comedy parts of Zenitsu took almost half the episode, that's why I said : "The higher the "cringy joke" of Zenitsu(as you say), the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character to the audience when above question is answered".
You earlier said "joke was cringy" hence i wrote "cringy joke" in quotes for you to understand.
Ideal version : "The higher the annoyance of Zenitsu, the higher the impact of Zenitsu's character when we get to know his reasoning to be a demon slayer"

Ok, lets end this here, it's fine, you have your opinion, I'll have mine, I was just trying to help you understand why half the episode was "cringy jokes".

Then where the hell did this come from? lol.
Jun 17, 2019 8:44 AM

Oct 2008
Eugh Zenitsu.

I was really enjoying this series but this character is just too over the top you know? I can handle a little bit of this type but whiny screaming characters like this are my least favorite type.

I hope he gets a chance to build into an actual decent character but he has almost ruined this show for me.
Jun 17, 2019 9:27 AM

Dec 2018
DiabloMask said:
Shotttooo00_0000 said:

Then where the hell did this come from? lol.

It's me explaining why I like Zenitsu and my interpretation of what he can be in this show. Sorry it must have been CRINGY for you XD.
Ok I'm done using up my time for you.
Jun 17, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2018
Zenitsu is so fucking annoying... I love him!
Inosuke is giving vibes of if you put Chuuya and Bakugou in the same body.
Jun 17, 2019 1:35 PM

Jan 2013
Didn't dig the comedy at all, but the story was good. No Nezuko though
Jun 17, 2019 2:50 PM

May 2016
Just from the opening I know Zenistu is damn strong, and pretty cool kid.
Jun 17, 2019 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
Yes, Inosuke voiced by Matsuoka what a fun combination! I like Zenitsu but the comedy did seem to go a bit too far for my taste. Hyped for next episode. Can't wait to see what these guys can do.
Jun 17, 2019 7:40 PM

Jun 2013
I'd recognize that Matsuoka voice anywhere. That mfer lol.
Jun 18, 2019 1:18 AM
Aug 2015
Zenitsu is fucking annoying. Literally one of the worst character introduction I've seen in a long time. Not even remotely funny.
Jun 18, 2019 3:34 AM

Jul 2016
Meh episode. The new character is hilarious and the boar masked is mad. The monster of the week is drum demon. Less action equals meh episode. To the next episode.

Jun 18, 2019 3:45 AM
Jun 2017
zenitzu is funny.. hahaha, he must have a high luck rate to be able to survive their exam...

and i love how tanjirou's reaction while zenitzu are doing those things. hahaha
Jun 18, 2019 4:38 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, poor Zenitsu, getting dragged into the Demon Slayer Corps. He was scared shitless too when that boar-headed guy appeared.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation?

Leon888 - Yesterday

29 by Yellow2000 »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

228 by skatensleep »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

201 by skatensleep »»
May 10, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

216 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 11:09 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

220 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.