Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Bungo Stray Dogs
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2019 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, tough choices have to be made this episode. The action was a bit over the place but seeing the two sides clash is thrilling.

I'm glad they're still keeping Lucy somewhat relevant this arc. Kyouka is struggling to fight against Akutagawa, which I don't find that surprising. Kaiji is also back with his explosive attitude. What an episode.
Jun 14, 2019 6:58 AM

Nov 2007
So HiroC's character knew about what the boss said and did, but Ishida-san's character is smart, too.

Most of them decided to continue to fight (meaning disobeys the boss). Hosoya-san's character is hurt badly with the bomb girl last ep.

So... there's still a way, the case not done investigating. Hosoya-san's character somehow got himself together and helped main guy w. that case.

HiroC's character releasing his power?! Both of them into the book.

The girl vs. OnoKen's character, but draw.

That weird bomb guy brought many lemon bombs...

Both bosses went missing. Mamo's character woke up. While everyone's looking for them, they are meeting up to fight one vs. one.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 14, 2019 8:06 AM

Apr 2016
If life gives you lemons ... turn them into explosives and throw them at people.
Jun 14, 2019 8:46 AM

Jul 2013
I will never get over how Mori's ability is called Vita Sexualis and is basically a Stand with the shape of a little girl. I just cannot.

Episode was cool, Ranpo was especially badass, trolling Chuuya with Poe's ability (is always nice to see him too), and they made Kajii look cooler than in the manga. Kunikida's voice acting at the beginning of the episode was also great.
Too bad they did my boy Katai dirty. He deserved better ;_;

So, they are going to end this season with
Jun 14, 2019 8:54 AM

Apr 2016
What an action packed episode. So the Agecny and Port Mafia decided to duke it out, and the Port Mafia won. No surprise there.

Ranpo outsmarted Chuuya and now they are stuck in Poe's world. Poor Chuuya, always lets his temper get the better of him. That's how he also lost to Dazai and that's why he can never be the leader of the Port Mafia. He is dictated by his emotions rather than cold logic like Mori.

Kyouka went up against Akutagawa and lost. But it's nice to see him a bit more mellowed-out now. I guess that time he spent fighting against and alongside Atsushi has definitely helped. And it seems that all that time he was talking about giving Kyouka a purpose meant that he did care, since he saw himself in her, an empty husk who wanted to die, until he found a purpose in life.

Katai has been eliminated, which is no surprise either, since the previous episode pretty much established that Fyodor knows everyone who is connected to the Agency, be it friend or foe, like Katsura, Aya and now Katai.

Dazai is finally awake, but still in bed. And Mori and Fukuzawa, two old friends will fight for the sake of their organizations and subordinates.

Overall, pretty nice episode.
Jun 14, 2019 8:57 AM

Jul 2014
So much stuffs were happening, Ranpo pulling a fast one on Chuuya was the most memorable part, the ep felt like 10mints, time fcking flew, the story really knows how to pull you in.
Again I do not see how this can be concluded in 2 more eps, will this end in a cliffhanger for a season 4?
PS. Dazai's finally awake.
Jun 14, 2019 9:03 AM

May 2015
Loved this episode.

Ranpo-Poe duo against Chuuya was amazing! The glimpse to Akutagawa's past was pretty nice too.

The head on battle between bosses seems like the most logical thing in this situation but I have a feeling there's still an ace up someone's sleeve who'd turn everything around.
Jun 14, 2019 9:31 AM

Sep 2017
My biggest problem with this episode was the direction felt... off. The scenes just kept cutting back and forth, from Rampo to the frontal attack squad to the President to Atsushi. It didn't feel very cohesive. Besides that, this was a thrilling episode. Rampo's strategy to die with Chuuya was brilliant, although it resulted in him disappearing when the Detective Agency would need him most. I didn't expect Katai to get "erased." Fyodor really does think of everything. The fight between Kyouka and Akutagawa was well animated and choreographed, making it a treat to watch. It ended in a mutual draw, which was a good ending. Why hasn't Akiko gone to heal Dazai yet? Where is the cat going? I don't actually know who will come out of this 1v1 alive. This will be fascinating to watch.
Jun 14, 2019 9:39 AM

Dec 2008
Wait a minute, Elise-chan was his ability?
Jun 14, 2019 9:40 AM

Feb 2016
This episode Direction was kinda off, but damn, the events were really worth. Fyodor playing his cards by eliminating Katai. Poor Kunikida is going to get insane at this rate ;_;

That cliffhanger tho, a battle between bosses, I'm really looking forward to it!

That lemon dude tho xD.

Illyricus said:
I will never get over how Mori's ability is called Vita Sexualis and is basically a Stand with the shape of a little girl. I just cannot.

Stand Master 「Mori」
Stand Name 「Vita Sexualis」
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jun 14, 2019 9:46 AM

Apr 2018
Dayumm this is hype. I wonder what happened to futon guy. Didn't think Elise chan was his ability and it's called vita sexualis lmaoo.
Wait, this is episode 35 right? Why is it 10 instead of 11? Confused
shimraiJun 14, 2019 9:52 AM
Jun 14, 2019 10:09 AM

Mar 2016
HereticHunter said:
This episode Direction was kinda off, but damn, the events were really worth. Fyodor playing his cards by eliminating Katai. Poor Kunikida is going to get insane at this rate ;_;

That cliffhanger tho, a battle between bosses, I'm really looking forward to it!

That lemon dude tho xD.

Illyricus said:

Stand Master 「Mori」
Stand Name 「Vita Sexualis」

Great, now I'll be like "IS THAT A JOJO REFERENCE?!" whenever Demon Snow or Vita Sexualis is invoked for the rest of the show.
Jun 14, 2019 10:32 AM

Mar 2017
When life gives u lemons make lemonNADEs
Jun 14, 2019 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
I'm honestly surprised that Elise is just Mori's ability, as she's seemed like her own character for all this time (albeit a bizarre one even by this show's standards). Other than that, this episode was good but not at all cohesive, with the constant flicking back and forth between the various groups and various conflicts; I would have personally preferred the show to go through each of these fights in full before switching focus, but I can understand choosing the approach they did.
Jun 14, 2019 10:58 AM

Apr 2015
Gytanzo said:
Why hasn't Akiko gone to heal Dazai yet?

No Longer Human will automatically shut down her ability as soon as it comes in contact with Dazai.
Jun 14, 2019 11:49 AM
Jan 2016
Damn, Rampo did a good move on Chuuya!

Was nice to see detective agency fighting this episode!

So the bosses vanished and decided to finish it with a duel between them, obvious it is the most logical choice, they have a lot to protect!

Looking forward next episode!
Jun 14, 2019 11:52 AM

May 2016
This is where the fun begins...
-
Jun 14, 2019 11:55 AM

May 2018
Oh man Kunikada it's at his lowest, and them detective guys weren't making much progress.
Jun 14, 2019 12:03 PM

May 2018
Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

I was surprised about that too. Has that been mention before or I just have short memory.
Jun 14, 2019 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
Illyricus said:

Episode was cool, Ranpo was especially badass, trolling Chuuya with Poe's ability (is always nice to see him too), and they made Kajii look cooler than in the manga. Kunikida's voice acting at the beginning of the episode was also great.
Too bad they did my boy Katai dirty. He deserved better ;_;

So, they are going to end this season with

Since you are a manga reader please tell me one thing
Is dazai ploting something right now?
Will be get dazai vs fyodor ?
Don't tell me what is gonna happen i just want to know if we will have dazai vs fyodor
Without spoling, Dazai is obviously planning something respecting the situation, but if you want a proper Dazai vs Fyodor, you may have to wait for a future season, or read the manga. And I'm not going to tell you more, because otherwise I may have to spoil.
Jun 14, 2019 1:12 PM

Feb 2018
Yukichi vs Ougai is a fight i didn't know i wanted but here it is , Looking forward for the next episode .
Gytanzo said:
Why hasn't Akiko gone to heal Dazai yet?

Her ability will get canceled as soon as she touches him .
Jun 14, 2019 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Action packed sure but it feels very disjointed and not very interesting.

the last half was cool and liked the Kyoko's development. That cliffhanger was annoying oh well.
Jun 14, 2019 2:22 PM

Mar 2017
Could that have ended at a more intense moment?! I wanna know more about Mori & Fukuzawa's past together... maybe one season, the 3 ep prequel will be about them?

I really hope that Katai isn't dead because he seemed like he had more to give as a character and honestly, i think he'd be an awesome addition to the regular cast.

That moment between Akutagawa & Kyouka was awesome too; maybe Akutagawa actually cares about her, in a similar way that Dazai cared about him?
Jun 14, 2019 2:51 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm so they have 17 hours until the virus kills huh. Still the agency really is backed into a corner here. The death of that girl though really had quite the impact on Kunikida. Still its good to see that he didn't let fear take him. As plans go while Rampo's one was a basic one it sure proved to be surprising effective. Despite being on opposing sides the two bosses really do think alike in that both are trying hard to protect their men. Though deciding to fight a dual to settle things sure was unexpected. Quite curious as how this dual would go though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 14, 2019 4:40 PM

Jul 2017
damn Ranpo looking badass, having everything under control
Jun 14, 2019 5:52 PM

Oct 2015
Can't wait for the boss versus boss fight, I've been waiting forever to see those two square off.

"Vita Sexualis" Mmmm! Sounds like an enticing ability! Mori-san you naughty old dog! Can't wait to see what it does!

Can't believe we already left with two episodes, time flies when you're watching Bungo.

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 14, 2019 7:57 PM
Jun 2017
Boss fight between Port mafia and Detective agency next week. Yeah... im ready for it..
Jun 14, 2019 8:05 PM
Mar 2017
fukuzawa will cut elise-chan :(
damn rampo is so smart to bring chuuya to world without superpower ,i think rampo is trusting everything in dazai
Jun 14, 2019 8:34 PM

Oct 2015
Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:

i mean, why wouldnt it,
bungou in the end, is a series that also falls victim to the
your ability manifests in a way that matches your personality/such best

a lolicon would ofc have an ability that basically lets him be a filthy degen

also to everyone surprised about elise being mori's ability
what on earth did you guys taught that scene where she saves mori meant lul

Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jun 14, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2012
CHUUYA I LOVE YOU BUT YOU ARE A IMPULSIVE DUMBASS

That was hilarious, though. Being an Agency member since it was founded, Ranpo might know a lot about Chuuya for just a few clues Dazai gave him. And again, Taniyama´s "aaaaAAAAAHHHH!!" strikes back. I just love him so much.

Poe´s reaction! He´s totally drawn to Ranpo and has no problem saying it out loud lol

Akutagawa recognizing Kyouka´s growth was touching. And also one of the cutest things he did, somehow. And Kaji also doesn´t give a f*** about his boss´ building... And poor Kunikida... Even working as a detective all those years... To think some characters had to see that in a daily basis, like Akutagawa and Chuuya.

It´s interesting to see how many people are surprised about Elise being Vita Sexualis. She is just around, even if there is not need for battle, because Mori really loves her... And has weird tendencies... You know. Good thing she isn´t a real nine year old.

Next episode, there will be THAT controversy. Hooo, boy. People will discuss a bunch about it.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
Jun 14, 2019 9:33 PM

Jul 2014
Chuuya falling into Ranpo's trap was great... And then the raccoon just taking the book lmao.

Finally a bit of screen time for Naomi, I don't remember the other girl very well
though. What is sure based on the opening is that the cat is into something.

Like every time she appears: Yay, more Lucy!

And wait, what?! Elise was Mori's ability? Huh, that really surprised me, I thought she was just a gifted girl, although her presence always seemed a bit bizarre to me.

Next week hype!
Jun 14, 2019 9:35 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Loved the part where Ranpo intimidated Chuuya.

Katai's dead? I don't see how he could've survived that without some ability interference. My biggest question with all that is that happened to his body?

Boss vs Boss. :(
To many things to protect. :(
Jun 14, 2019 10:48 PM
Mar 2017
The situation continues to get more violent, the detective agency is divided into two factions, a group will attack the Port Mafia to kill Mori and Atsushi with Kunikida will continue looking for the creator of the virus, but it seems that Fyodor is still the one with the advantage over all.

Ranpo managed to get rid of Chuuya who was one of the lethal elements of the Port Mafia, Poe was a great help, although it was used by Ranpo.

Akutagawa vs Kyouka was what I liked the most about the episode, Kyouka still has a touch as a stealth assassin, but Akutagawa still has the advantage over little Kyouka.
Akutagawa recognizes that Kyouka has changed positively since that time when they met, when she recently joined the Port Mafia and her eyes were empty and she despised her life and the existence of Yasha Shirayuki.

Motojirou is a lunatic for the lemon-explotions, that bombing he did was epic and he cut the route of advance to Yozano and the boys, this ends up leaving them with the only option to retire.

What a pity it was to learn that Katai was ambushed by Fyodor, personally I do not think Katai is dead, but one can not be sure, especially if Fyodor is involved.

Mori and Fukuzawa leave their respective hiding places and decide to end this conflict in a duel, but what an overwhelming cliffhanger and what surprised me most was to see that Elise was part of Mori's ability.
I hope that the next episode gives us a better explanation of how this battle will be solved, will end with the death of one of the bosses in the duel? or Atsushi with Kunikida will find the creator of the virus? Or maybe Dazai is the one who can find Fukuzawa and Mori and manages to save them? Everything is possible, but we'll have to wait to find out.
Jun 14, 2019 11:20 PM

Oct 2017
Well im curious about Fukuzawa and Mori-sans past. But sadly only two episodes left to air and dun thnk that will happen in this season or even possible to show it in this season. Gotta wait till next season i guess.
Jun 14, 2019 11:52 PM

Feb 2014
AbrarFyioz said:
Well im curious about Fukuzawa and Mori-sans past. But sadly only two episodes left to air and dun thnk that will happen in this season or even possible to show it in this season. Gotta wait till next season i guess.

Me too. Hope we get an OVA adaptation to that.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 15, 2019 12:59 AM

Dec 2016
Why the agency boss does not kill himself ? He was talking about the balance of city etc
Jun 15, 2019 7:25 AM
Mar 2015
A bunch of great matches. now we get a boss battle
Jun 15, 2019 7:35 AM
Jan 2019
The ep didnt quite appeal to me although i gave it 5/5 cuz its still amazing... but i felt it was inferior to the usual BSD enjoyment.. well.. i wonder how in hell are they gonna end allll this in 2 eps.. seems theyll ruin it
Jun 15, 2019 9:38 AM

Feb 2014
tayako said:
dasprn said:

Me too. Hope we get an OVA adaptation to that.

Hmm that'd be kinda sad.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 15, 2019 9:44 AM

Nov 2016
Now that's what I call two great leader, looking forward to their showdown.

And I don't think that Kaitai is dead, well, at least I won't believe it without a corpse.

This season is on fire right now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 15, 2019 9:11 PM

Dec 2014
Damn I wish Kitai is alive somehow... the two bosses fight hmm epic
Jun 16, 2019 9:42 AM

Nov 2018
Great episode
Hyped for the last two episodes
Jun 16, 2019 10:33 AM

Apr 2019
I really enjoyed this one. Rampo challenging Chuya was very good showing of the fact that by outsmarting he can win fights. Also kyoka vs akutagawa was nice especially the little flashback of akutagawa's past. The charracter with lemon bombs( I forgot his name) poured some fun into the action. I'm also looking forward to the boss 1v1.
Avazak21Jun 16, 2019 10:56 AM
Jun 17, 2019 3:47 AM

Jun 2013
Time goes by so fast. There are only two episodes left.
I'll need to catch up with the manga and light novels.
臭い-
Jun 17, 2019 2:04 PM

Oct 2017
I know a lot of people didn't seem to like the jumping between fights but I enjoyed it. It seemed obvious that the each fight was going to end in a draw so there wasn't much point to have a huge focus on each fight. I am interested to see Ranpo and Chuuya trying to solve the mystery.
Jun 17, 2019 5:28 PM

Mar 2010
Dam Fyodor. Lots of fights this episode
StardewJun 17, 2019 5:51 PM
Jun 17, 2019 6:16 PM

Oct 2008
Clash of the bosses! nice!
5/5.

Jun 17, 2019 7:26 PM

Jun 2015
the bosses fighting each other, oh man..
Jun 18, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2014
Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
That's also what I'm thinking right now. Im quite confused how. I thought it was somewhat controlling your fear :/ (from what I remember from the st season). Still the Detective Agency's boss haven't showed his gift yet, and I'm looking forward how dope it will be.

Jun 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
castbound123 said:
Crazy_Cofee_Cat said:
That's also what I'm thinking right now. Im quite confused how. I thought it was somewhat controlling your fear :/ (from what I remember from the st season). Still the Detective Agency's boss haven't showed his gift yet, and I'm looking forward how dope it will be.

We already know what it does though. All Men Are Equal allows people in the detective agency to have better control of their abilities. It was explained in the 1st season.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2019

82 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 11:04 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2019

85 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 10:06 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2019

103 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 5:07 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2019

75 by Karva1 »»
Apr 24, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Bungou Stray Dogs 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2019

149 by Virtecek »»
Apr 7, 2:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.