Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 11, 2019 2:33 PM
Jan 2015
Cheated out of a battle between Saitama and Goketsu, even after their week long break. This season is a full circle. Every corner has been cut by the studio and I'm just praying for something that's mildly satisfactory at this point.
Jun 11, 2019 2:34 PM

Feb 2019
This episode's animation was not terrible due to the fact that they did not actually show any action sequences. By doing that however they definitely fail at bringing out what makes One Punch Man great in the first place, the fantastic choreography and sakuga of the action sequences in season one.

Will ride out the rest of the season even though I know what I am in for.
Jun 11, 2019 3:01 PM
Apr 2016
Ayyyyy not eating raw sewage protects your humanity. More I see, more sick concepts of propelling the plot I learn.

A decent yet short moment with the Sonic and other ninja-dumbos, even if brief, it was quite a well made action sequence.

King said an ultimately important thing that would work in all and every series and stories with the concept of "Hero". And Saitama is finally revealed to be stuck in place on a mental level, which is why a hero-talk from King should point him towards ultimately becoming vulnerable, but heroic.

Waiting so much for the moment when Garou is offered monster cells.
Re:formed
Jun 11, 2019 3:03 PM
Apr 2016
NV_ said:
Why do people think the absence of a Gouketsu battle is laziness in both anime and manga? The whole point of the scene is that it's from Suiryu's perspective, it wouldn't work anymore if we watched the fight.

You are assuming the average viewer of an action-based series has enough mental capability to understand all the dimensions (besides the upfront action) of Japanese works of art.
He does not. It sucks and makes me want to cry sometimes, but he does not.
Jun 11, 2019 3:10 PM

Jan 2017
Great. The episode played up to its gags, but what I cant believe is gouketsu's fight...was that really it. If so, one punch really doesnt pull any punches with its premise -not even a slight fight.
RIP Suiryuu's teeth though, at least he now aspires to become a hero.
Anyway, Garou's probably coming out of this thinking how fast King is; I wonder when he'll realise who Saitama is
Jun 11, 2019 3:11 PM
Feb 2009
goddamn sonic cooking that monster cell lol
Jun 11, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
What a fantastic episode! hahah
Gotta love all the drama behind that guy trying to save Saitama and then they don't even show us how he defeated him xD

And also the free hug scene hahaha
Poor Garo, he got defeated twice by the same guy xD And Saitama doesn't even know that he defeated the hero hunter 2 times.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 11, 2019 3:31 PM
Aug 2017
ngl, this episode was actually really enjoyable for me. The character interactions with Saitama and King were great which was then followed by Garou's surprise appearance which ended comically. Probably my favorite episode of the season so far or maybe second favorite behind episode 3. The art is still pretty average but I'm not gonna let drawings alter my enjoyability by a huge amount.
Jun 11, 2019 3:31 PM

Nov 2016
Oh man, this episode had some priceless moments, such as the free hug sign, Sonic enjoying fine cuisine with diarrhea for free, Garou casually getting his ass kicked 2.0, a phone up someones ass and of course it had to vibrate, lol.

But there were also some genuinely strong character moments for Suiryu, King and Saitama. This season has so much to offer in terms of plot and characters, appreciate it guys.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 11, 2019 3:36 PM
Jan 2016
RaKana said:

I disagree with you. It was important to skip the fight here due to the next scene with his monologe. If they would had shown the fight you propably would had been hyped which would stand in contrast to the feeling of Saitamas boredom. With skipping the fight you are more in the mood and can understand Saitamas feelings better. imo. :)

I'm aware that they are preparing us for Saitama's next fight but there's better and smooth ways to do that without skipping the fight the they do it.

Still, this is just my point of view and you have the right to disagree ^_^
LAFWANJun 11, 2019 3:40 PM
┛|[ LAFWAN ]|┗

Jun 11, 2019 3:44 PM
Apr 2016
LAFWAN said:
RaKana said:

I disagree with you. It was important to skip the fight here due to the next scene with his monologe. If they would had shown the fight you propably would had been hyped which would stand in contrast to the feeling of Saitamas boredom. With skipping the fight you are more in the mood and can understand Saitamas feelings better. imo. :)

I'm aware that they are preparing us for Saitama's next fight but there's better and smooth ways to do that without skipping the fight the they do it.

Still, this is just my point of view and you have the right to disagree ^_^

Let me just politely remind you that you will not be able to eternally hide behind the subjectivity of an "opinion".
Jun 11, 2019 3:49 PM

Sep 2015
Arcos said:
Is this gorilla a Monster version of saitama?
That was armored gorilla from the first season
Jun 11, 2019 3:52 PM

Sep 2015
Haven't enjoy a OPM episode this much since season one . Had more than a few giggles watching. It's always fun when Sonic is around, and we got to see Puri Puri prisoner, and freaking armored gorilla now embracing the Saitama life style.
Jun 11, 2019 4:11 PM

Sep 2017
This episode had some really good comedy. The Saitama feeling down/King motivational speech thing was pretty random, but it wasn't bad. It was pretty hilarious when Garou showed up only to get floored.
Jun 11, 2019 4:17 PM
Sep 2014
I think this episode was meh. Sure it had some funny parts, but they skipped the most important fighting scene: The One Punch of Saitama... after watching this episode I’m really wondering which character is actually the main character of the season. They’re presenting the other characters like they’re forcing them every character should have some screen time and stuff.
Jun 11, 2019 4:34 PM

Jan 2016
Zultrix said:
Lmao Sonic get diarrhea. Im ded

Well atleast he maintain his human form i guess..

Yea I have some question too.. After getting diarrhea, will Sonic evolve into monster? But I think that monster cell will be dead after cooked and have no intended effect after getting eaten.
Life is strange

Jun 11, 2019 4:36 PM

Jan 2017
This episode was so fucking lame for OPM standards. Sappy pep talks and random bland villains that's all
Jun 11, 2019 5:05 PM
Jun 2019
this is the worst episode of season 2 OPM, the images are very ugly and cheap, seriously after 1 week's hiatus, we get bad image animations, and the music playing is always the same, do they have no intention of using new music, by the way I'm watching in 720p HD , and the quality is so bad, I can't believe that JC ruined the best series in this dirty way, damn I'm very angry and disappointed with this event.
Jun 11, 2019 5:19 PM
Jan 2019
Saitama don't want pupil anymore but wonder if he will be his follower like those 2
after Garou defeated he still try to attack king he never give up did he?
sonic coking level look tasty his still an idiot, i guest those two should explain how he should eat it ,damn it so hilarious
Jun 11, 2019 5:22 PM

Jun 2009
yet another trash episode. sasuga J.C. staff.
Jun 11, 2019 5:31 PM

Apr 2014
Okay so the scene with Gouketsu's head had so much more impact in the manga, so that was disappointing. I thought the animation in some of the more movement-heavy parts of this episode was a step above the past few episodes. It kind of felt like nothing happened though.

Oh well, I'm super excited for next episode. I'm hoping it...is at least as good as the better parts of this season so far.
Jun 11, 2019 5:38 PM

Dec 2014
Moral of the episode : Listen to what Shounen manga tells you. XD

Garou getting wrecked was awesome.

Sonic with them fine dining skills. xD
Jun 11, 2019 6:09 PM

Oct 2015
King's words to Bald cape were actually impressive, I hope he's going to use them in future and become a great hero that is motivated by justice.

As for Suiryu I'm glad his ass got brought down to earth, he sure changed in a short period. I never thought Garo could be defeated, that dog hero is strong, I really underestimated him. I really wanted to see Saitama face off against that strong monster!

Sonic is one smart ass, too bad it backfired on him :-D :-)
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 11, 2019 6:32 PM

Jun 2013
Yeah the animation is bad but it's still watchable. If you're saying it's not then you're fucking lying and just wasting time by commenting otherwise. Honestly, if it's unwatchable then you would've dropped it from the first episode and shouldn't be commenting in a post for the 9th episode. The worst would be the kick since it wasn't fleshed out, the part when Saitama kicked Garou into that building/wall.

Best part was seeing Armored Gorilla punch out that Che Guevara-looking gorilla.
臭い-
Jun 11, 2019 7:39 PM

Mar 2013
Next episode please, thinking about how will saitama defeat garo.
Jun 11, 2019 8:42 PM

Jul 2016
King's speech was my highlight.

Decent episode overall.
Jun 11, 2019 9:02 PM

Mar 2016
The funny comedic parts hit very well, but the actual emotional and/or tense content is just not showcased well, and it goes back to the degrading animation quality
Jun 11, 2019 9:04 PM
Oct 2017
Meh, average episode, the only good thing was Saitama´s kick on Garou and Sonic eating
Jun 11, 2019 9:16 PM

Mar 2014
why should they use a dramatic background music when saitama and suiryu were talking to each other, same as when saitama was talking to king lmaooo. it felt annoyingly off and stupid. really wish they didnt change studio but well...
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Jun 11, 2019 9:20 PM

May 2016
That phone in Puuri Puuri's ass was the Mvp.

Jun 11, 2019 9:27 PM

Mar 2019
I actually liked this episode a lot. It's probably my favorite episode, if not the one with the Tank Top Master/Garou fight scene. Really liked the conversation between Saitama and Suiryu, and the King & Saitama conversation. Also, Garou jumping King and the Gorilla scene near the end was really good too.
Jun 11, 2019 9:32 PM

Feb 2014
Finally we get the Gorilla face-off. Much cooler than the one punch fight.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 11, 2019 9:35 PM

Apr 2018
I don't really mind the animation, importantly I enjoyed the episode. Good thing the anime showed the funny parts. The gorilla scene made me laugh so hard. King gives advices about heroes when he's a fake pussy hero and SONIC COOKED THE CELL LMAOOOO. I guess it's safe to say the one that became a monster is his diarrhea.
Jun 11, 2019 10:13 PM
Mar 2015
That was really boring
Jun 11, 2019 10:35 PM
Jun 11, 2019 11:20 PM

Nov 2014
i dont care about animation anymore, very entertaining episode!
Jun 12, 2019 12:33 AM
Apr 2016
Siul-08 said:
i dont care about animation anymore, very entertaining episode!

Atta boy, that's the way to go! You ascend beyond the lowly desires for moving pictures!
Jun 12, 2019 1:07 AM

Jul 2016
MNafisN said:
Zultrix said:
Lmao Sonic get diarrhea. Im ded

Well atleast he maintain his human form i guess..

Yea I have some question too.. After getting diarrhea, will Sonic evolve into monster? But I think that monster cell will be dead after cooked and have no intended effect after getting eaten.

I think you already have the answer lol
Jun 12, 2019 1:16 AM

Nov 2012
I love it! Haha Saitama leaving so cooly and the monster's head landing a few seconds after was a great scene. Sonic at the end as well haha this anime is still very enjoyable despite some reviews.
Jun 12, 2019 1:34 AM

Aug 2015
This anime feels to me like Saitama feels about his life: pointless, boring and plain absurd.
Jun 12, 2019 2:35 AM

Dec 2017
unfunny jokes, the worst animation yet, what's wrong with you J.C staff..
Jun 12, 2019 3:21 AM

Aug 2017
how much do you think will this season adapt of the manga ?
Jun 12, 2019 3:25 AM

Jan 2017
'Twas a funny episode, but (as I'm sure many others have mentioned here already) the animation was bog-standard at best.
Jun 12, 2019 4:23 AM
Jun 2016
At the start of the season I didn't really feel the same way as most about the animation and all, but after this episode I do. Pretty much the jokes keeping it alive for me now. OTK garu was great and the Sonic part was pretty good.

Feel like they are trying to show how bored Saitama is by making all his fights boring, and I get that. But it's just making me bored at this point. So they are conveying Saitama's point of view very good but dude, give me something.
Jun 12, 2019 4:38 AM

Jun 2017
Lol, Gorilla meets gorilla, also, lucky sonic, only suffered diarrhea in the end.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 12, 2019 4:55 AM

Jul 2016
aybekay said:

I think at the very least this season will adapts until Phoenix Man saves Garou and Saitama one punches Elder Centipedes.
Jun 12, 2019 4:57 AM

Nov 2018
Other than a couple of things during this episode; such as free hugs, King's speech to Saitama and Speed-o'-Sonic getting diarrhea, it's borderline bad, for me it's meh. If this episode was like season 1, there would have been at least some good choreographed fight scenes instead of still frames and cutting to somewhere else with music playing.

My current goal is to revamp all the character details for High School DxD and have all the characters included in the DB.
MAL Badges is back bitches! Check the club for more info
Please show your love for my Kiss x Sis manga review here. It will only take you 2 minutes of your time 🙏🙏
Jun 12, 2019 5:05 AM

Aug 2017
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
aybekay said:

I think at the very least this season will adapts until Phoenix Man saves Garou and Saitama one punches Elder Centipedes.

hmm ok thanks :) :)
Jun 12, 2019 5:14 AM

Aug 2016
I wonder what would happen if Saitama eats monster cell?
Jun 12, 2019 5:14 AM

Aug 2015
Does anyone know why Madhouse dropped opm?
i really miss the animation and art from the first season😭
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.