Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
To The Abandoned Sacred Beasts
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 5, 2019 4:40 PM

Jun 2015
The synopsis a lot Fairy Gone and it seems Fairy Gone didn't live up to the anticipated "hype". Anybody read the manga that could give me a hype rating?
Read Toriko!
Jun 6, 2019 9:32 AM
Aug 2018
phantom346 said:
The synopsis a lot Fairy Gone and it seems Fairy Gone didn't live up to the anticipated "hype". Anybody read the manga that could give me a hype rating?

I’ve read some of the manga and I can confidently say that this series is a lot better then Fairy Gone and I’m really hype for this series especially since Mappa is animating it
LoganMcClure21Jun 16, 2019 6:32 PM
Jun 18, 2019 7:50 AM

May 2012
It is made by MAPPA, and it has better looking girls

I'm sure it will be better than Fairy GOne
Jun 18, 2019 11:54 AM
Mar 2019
Honestly I'm kinda afraid it will be a second Fairy gone, hope not and I'll give it a try.
Jun 21, 2019 2:27 PM

Jan 2012
Seriously looking forward to this one

Jun 25, 2019 8:27 AM

Apr 2016
MAPPA has only made great anime. Fairy Gone is what I call the end of gay pride month
Jun 30, 2019 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
IDK, looks like it's gonna be a bit fat 'MEH' from me. Tends to be the case with most MAPPA shows, they can rarely keep a show together till the end of a single season.
LOL, your opinion is wrong!
Jun 30, 2019 5:21 PM

Jul 2017
This certainly sounds a lot like it, but of course, haven't yet got to the manga yet, and hopefully MAPPA will still do a good job about it.
Jun 30, 2019 7:51 PM

Mar 2016
I'd like to see this as 'what Fairy Gone couldn't do well', I'll give this a try.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jun 30, 2019 9:20 PM

Sep 2016
I think it would be much better than the Fairy gone was shit
especially from the studio MAPPA
Jun 30, 2019 9:32 PM

May 2009
It's manga adaptation not anime original. You can check yourself first chapters.
Jul 1, 2019 5:56 AM

Oct 2014
The animation shown off in the PV is more promising than the Fairy Gone PV, which was only character designs, promotional art, and concept art. This is a manga adaptation too. An adaptation of anything would turn out better than Fairy Gone, the bulk of that show's problems was the rushed and unfinished story.
Jul 1, 2019 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
It seems ... not as good as Fairy Gone. (At least episode 1 seems like it's going to be an episodic shounen that forces on brutality/gore with an additional girl forced into the plot just to have a girl in there for the fans.)
Jul 1, 2019 11:43 AM
Sep 2016
You can't say that, the manga of this series was serialized since 2014, so it's the inverse perhaps
Jul 1, 2019 12:23 PM

Mar 2016
Haven't seen the episode yet but I do agree that the synopsis sounds a lot like Fairy Gone. But the manga was already publishing before Fairy Gone was even announce. But then again, P.A. Works originals take around 3 years to produce. We won't know who came up first with the idea.

Edit:
"Published: Jun 9, 2014 to ?"
It was the mangaka.
Jul 1, 2019 2:40 PM

Oct 2013
It's already a lot better than Fairy Gone, just by the first episode.
Jul 1, 2019 6:30 PM

Jul 2017
this is like nothing like fairy gone at all tf r u on?
Jul 1, 2019 6:50 PM

Aug 2018
There is just a common point with Fairy Gone : a war including soldiers created with some sort of supernatural stuff that allows them to invoke/transform themselves into supernatural creatures. There it is, no more, no less.

Not gonna lie, it caught my attention, so let's sit tight & watch next episodes to get an opinion.

Jul 1, 2019 6:51 PM

Jan 2019
Aside from both series having military setup and monster connected to people in some way, I don't see too much similarities.

in FG the characters had some sort of fairy/spirit inside them, said spirit was manifested as an independent creature, pretty much like a summon. In this anime however the humans can transform into monsters and they seem to start losing their minds after some time.

Also while FG anime started with the premise of some sort of special unit dedicated to hunt down fairy users and the female mc searching for someone + probably wanting vengance at some dude, it ended up being more about politic machinations and conspiracies than the actual hunting/search/vengeance.

What seem strange to me about Katsute is that the description I read talk about a female mc wanting to avenge her father, but the entire first episode seems to revolve around male MC. So not sure if it is him the real mc or the girl in the description that is probabky going to show up in next episode.
Jul 2, 2019 6:15 AM
Apr 2016
This is a healthy Fairy Gone - an original setting taken and executed properly, by experienced professionals from MAPPA. People who have dealt with Bahamut, dealing with another grey morality series? We will follow your career with great interest.
Re:formed
Jul 2, 2019 8:13 AM

Dec 2016
thepath said:

What?? Fairy Gone had also good looking girls.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 2, 2019 9:39 AM

Jun 2017
Luthandorius said:
It seems ... not as good as Fairy Gone. (At least episode 1 seems like it's going to be an episodic shounen that forces on brutality/gore with an additional girl forced into the plot just to have a girl in there for the fans.)

Girls can exist in anime. Like they exist in real life. And who knows. She might be a strong female lead. But she is definitely NOT for fan service.
Jul 2, 2019 10:11 AM

May 2012
Nieznajomy43 said:
thepath said:

But they don't show a lot of skin
Jul 2, 2019 11:36 AM
Jun 2019
rieihdius said:

What seem strange to me about Katsute is that the description I read talk about a female mc wanting to avenge her father, but the entire first episode seems to revolve around male MC. So not sure if it is him the real mc or the girl in the description that is probabky going to show up in next episode.

That's why I think this Ep is just prolog for main story that will started next week... really judge this anime by Ep 1 was nonsense tho *look at some people on internet
blacklagunaJul 2, 2019 11:42 AM
Jul 2, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2016
thepath said:
Nieznajomy43 said:

But they don't show a lot of skin

Well, sluty not always means better, also FG female clothes were more logical and less fanservice and I really appreciate it. And Noel from ending looks incredible good to me.
Manga recommendation:
- Spy x Family (Ch.96/? - biweekly) | Sakamoto Days (Ch.163/? - weekly)
- MARRIAGETOXIN (Ch.85/? - weekly) | Mama Yuuyu (Ch.29 - Finished)
- Make the Exorcist Fall in Love (Ch.63/? - biweekly)
- You and I Are Polar Opposites (Ch.52/? - biweekly)
Anime recommendation:
- Deca-Dence (Finished) | Wave, Listen to Me! (Finished)
- If My Favorite Pop Idol Made It to the Budokan, I Would Die (Finished)
- Diary of Our Days at the Breakwater (Finished)
Jul 2, 2019 2:34 PM

Dec 2015
So, they decided to lure the TV consumer by showing a late flashback first? Nice strategy.

2/5

rieihdius said:

What seem strange to me about Katsute is that the description I read talk about a female mc wanting to avenge her father, but the entire first episode seems to revolve around a male MC. So not sure if it is him the real mc or the girl in the description that is probably going to show up in next episode.

blacklaguna said:

I think this Ep is just a prologue for the main story that will start next week...

You'll get the introductory chapter (manga's beginning) adapted in the ep.2.
Jul 3, 2019 5:38 AM

Oct 2007
to the OP.

Katsute is much better imo.

Fairy Gone, well that show went to shit.
Jul 3, 2019 10:11 PM

Feb 2019
The two are damn near identical in setting, this would be like if they started out with an episode entirely of flashback. It also shares the affinity for poorly fitting music, but veering toward cheery military rather than rock. The animation is strong, but the baffling direction and writing certainly hurts there. Moving into a more monster of a week format as the ending speech rather unsubtly laying out the structure going forward would certainly help matters there, but giving up the silly montages and using the animation at actual dramatic moments would do that as well. The last couple minutes were close to the only part where my prevailing thought wasn't "good god, this is complete nonsense", which isn't a great first impression, and, as usual, the whole thing would've been greatly improved had the previous 15 or so been a quick montage lead-in to this. It's not like we needed a setup for "making war monsters probably has some negative consequences."
Jul 4, 2019 9:44 AM

Mar 2017
No, it's Furry Gone.
Jul 5, 2019 3:36 PM
Nov 2016
I see lots of people bashing Fairy Gone. Like, how bad could it be? I havent watched it yet and Im not the type to drop animes. I just need to know how high my expectations on the anime should be before watching it.
Jul 6, 2019 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
Serukan said:
No, it's Furry Gone.

LOL best comment in this thread.

It does have a Fairy Gone feel but it's much better. I dropped Fairy Gone, couldn't stand it. I'll probably revisit it a few months or years later.

The transformations remind me slightly of Terra Formars and Animorphs (ahh my childhood).
臭い-
Jul 9, 2019 3:37 AM

Dec 2015
Actually it reminds me more of the first Garo anime (the 2-cour fantasy one in medieval style fantasy setting) - because of that demonic sounding voices of the incarnates in evil mode. Also they seem a bit like overpowerd demons - similar to them. And evil.

Main chars are going on an adventure like-trip to hunt them. And at least the main male also has super powers.
Jul 9, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2015
OK so now that there's 2 episodes out already we can safely say that this is waaay better than Fairy Gone.
Read Toriko!
Jul 16, 2019 3:21 AM

Aug 2012
phantom346 said:
No, is much much worse. I liked Fairy Gone despite being nothing great. At least the person that wrote Fairy Gone knew a bare minimum about how war works.
Jul 16, 2019 5:41 AM

Feb 2017
Huh after almost falling asleep with the latest episode I came here to see if everyone was hating on Fairy Gone but didn't find that much hate.

I find this anime score painful when you compare it to Fairy Gone and just goes to show most people rate dumb action(as in not interesting) high even if the overall show is boring as fuck(SAO comes to mind), I might give this thing one more episode and drop it if stays as boring as it has been till now.
Jul 20, 2019 10:13 AM
Apr 2015
Luxeraph said:
Huh after almost falling asleep with the latest episode I came here to see if everyone was hating on Fairy Gone but didn't find that much hate.

I find this anime score painful when you compare it to Fairy Gone and just goes to show most people rate dumb action(as in not interesting) high even if the overall show is boring as fuck(SAO comes to mind), I might give this thing one more episode and drop it if stays as boring as it has been till now.

Ok i will say you
Plot will become better in ep 6
There will be plot twist and story will be better

More topics from this board

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2019

80 by Wolfie_WildeSan »»
Feb 19, 12:01 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2019

72 by Fisher94 »»
Oct 25, 2023 3:26 AM

» Does this anime have nudity in it?

yed123 - Feb 6, 2022

1 by SurgingSoulZX »»
Oct 14, 2023 6:58 PM

» Is the score low just because it is "poorly adapted"

GilgaGOAT - Sep 18, 2019

9 by amf85 »»
Oct 13, 2023 10:37 PM

Poll: » Katsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2019

40 by PedroKarim64 »»
Dec 15, 2022 3:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.