Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 5, 2019 12:59 PM

May 2017
I can't believe Motoyasu is still out here trying to defend Bitch. Is he okay mentally?
Jun 5, 2019 1:16 PM

Jun 2009
FMmatron said:
machetevuoi said:

But that's how the wiki refers to him too or this a spoiler? If yes, then I would prefer you leave giving information about his occupation to the series.

IMO calling him

Mod Edit: Modified quote of edited post.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJun 7, 2019 7:14 PM
Jun 5, 2019 1:29 PM

Nov 2016
Chiezuru said:
FMmatron said:

But that's how the wiki refers to him too or this a spoiler? If yes, then I would prefer you leave giving information about his occupation to the series.

IMO calling him

Not really, he was shown in the openings and if we go by the pattern with the weapons, it's just putting two and two together. Also, I already mentioned this way back in episode 14, before I had read the wiki.

DeadlyRavenJun 7, 2019 7:15 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2019 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
Motoyasu is still an idiot as ever! How can he still believe in Malty after all she's done to the Shield Hero?? He is blind as hell! Wake up!!

Slut never learns, does she? It's a good thing that she was caught in the act while poisoning the pie Naofumi and his party was going to eat -_-; Way to go princess, stop your sister's foolishness!

It was an ok episode, was expecting more to be honest ^^; can't wait for more next week! :3 The scene with the shields was very funny XD

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 5, 2019 1:46 PM

Aug 2013
So that was amusing. The fangirling of the Queen was the highlight of the episode tbh. Anyways we got 2 eps left. Either it's gonna be rushed to all hell considering the arc to come, or we are gonna get a to be continued type thing which may lead into a potential second season. Honestly I'm expected a rushed ending to this series and no second season ever.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 5, 2019 2:30 PM
Apr 2018
mofassil_qureshi said:
my bad actually it was like this..
2 ep to go

UPDATE: The 1-hour special was not counted as multiple episodes in the home release. I'll share more information as soon as it becomes available.

"Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari" (The Rising of the Shield Hero) episode #24 is flagged as the final broadcast episode on multiple stations. Kinema Citrus is animating the series.
source livechart

I'm a little confuse....so we have two more episodes with the last one being an 1 hour special?
I'm asking this because Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san it goes on air just after the hero shield and the last episode is June 27th, so to get an 1 hour special you need another time slot.
Blaze35Jun 5, 2019 3:07 PM
Jun 5, 2019 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
Lot of derp faces this episodes. Especially Raph. She looked outright manly at times lol
Jun 5, 2019 2:44 PM

Dec 2016
Told you the whore would come back to cause more harm. Could've subjected her to torture, publicly broadcasted for further humiliation, then killed. Slowly.

But no, better to have the thot around. After all this ruckus...I don't expect her to be killed this time around, the show had had its chance.
Jun 5, 2019 3:01 PM

Aug 2008
Have all decent anime writers died out? I already said it after Magmel episode but it was fucking awful. Fucking. Awful. It's starting to intrigue me how is it possible to write something so atrociously bad.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 5, 2019 3:02 PM

Aug 2013
AntonioWux said:
Those 2 new characters got my interest.

Why didn't they queen throw Bitch and Trash in a cell,that would make more sense...

Or maybe just do not let them enter the castle, since there are no longer nobles (If I understood right, not just the name changed, but their titles were disposed)

I'm having one doubt about the class upgrade. Since Raphtalia and Filo didn't get a new class, will they learn anything else? At least they don't have the level 40 cap anymore.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Jun 5, 2019 3:10 PM

May 2016
Gotta admit loved the episode but the story felt void after all that harsh fight those three retards don't get together, and Myne is just using her stupid ways to harm naofumi.

The animation and angles were almost perfect especially at the beginning of the episode, and that ost at the end would love to know its name if someone share it with us.
Jun 5, 2019 3:17 PM
Aug 2018
Really liked this episode as a bridge between the two arcs with a piece of mind set in for Naofumi. One thing I had a problem was the round table meeting with the adaptation from the LN But....... Kinema Citrus has kinda shifted gears to focus on the Archipelago (which is what I'd do with the time left in the episode count).

Jun 5, 2019 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
After everything that happened the other heroes haven't learned a thing...
And it seems that b*** is back again...

I hope those 2 are good xD The girl is actually very pretty haha
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 5, 2019 3:42 PM

Mar 2017
Every time i think those three bakas are finally turning a corner they do something stupid again... i totally agree with Naofumi; they are a lost cause! I feel so sorry for him that he has to spend an extended amount of time stuck on a ship with them!

I also feel sorry for Elhart (the blacksmith) too... just openly being robbed by Naofumi, Raph and Filo haha
Jun 5, 2019 3:57 PM

May 2013
kater_tot said:

I also feel sorry for Elhart (the blacksmith) too... just openly being robbed by Naofumi, Raph and Filo haha

I was like, U kidding me? DUDE the blacksmith had

Well a cheap copied china one at least.
Jun 5, 2019 4:05 PM

Jul 2013
Who in the living hell invited the bitch to the party lol?
Jun 5, 2019 4:14 PM

Mar 2019
interesting that the season goes into volume 9, i thought it'd end with the victory against the church etc.
Jun 5, 2019 4:20 PM

Aug 2018
Not a bad episode. My personal "highlights" : the Queen's reaction when Melty told her she met Fitoria (quite priceless, that was surprisingly if we refer to her attitude last 2 episodes eheh) & the introduction of Lark & his friend (very quick but since he appears in the OP 2, I guess he'll earn his part through the show).

Other heroes fighting like kids again, with such a condescendant attitude (except for Ren, he was quiet as usual). Funny to see that the Kingdom actually adopted & applies the new rule claiming Malty/Myne = Bitch/Slut.
Jun 5, 2019 5:13 PM

Oct 2013
@FMmatron , maybe he is a hero within his own realm? Like he does not belong to Four Cardinal Heroes and he cannot be called as "Cardinal Hero", but he is a hero in that fantasy world who chose that kind of way of life and/or people started calling him as "a hero"?

I haven't watched this episode yet and I'm an anime-only viewer, though after reading posts about that

Ayy, so can I expect Axe, Mace or Crossbow heroes to appear as well? xD

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
DeadlyRavenJun 7, 2019 7:16 PM
Jun 5, 2019 5:21 PM

Nov 2016
Adnash93 said:
@FMmatron , maybe he is a hero within his own realm? Like he does not belong to Four Cardinal Heroes and he cannot be called as "Cardinal Hero", but he is a hero in that fantasy world who chose that kind of way of life and/or people started calling him as "a hero"?

I haven't watched this episode yet and I'm an anime-only viewer, though after reading posts about that

Ayy, so can I expect Axe, Mace or Crossbow heroes to appear as well? xD

Good guess, it's kinda like that xD

DeadlyRavenJun 7, 2019 7:16 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 5, 2019 5:23 PM

Oct 2015
I guess Bitch hasn't learned her lesson, what a troublesome trash!

In my view those four heroes suck, Naofumi and Motoyasu are the worst. The only better one is the sword hero, he was the one that gave Naofumi the benefit of a doubt than others. There was a time when I felt pity and cheers for Naofumi and his party, but now the bastard is arrogant and acts so big that I think he deserves to be cast away. I'm going to come out and say I Hate him, plain and simple. This series ain't ending soon enough, these next last episodes should come already so I can say good riddance 'Stinky'.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 5, 2019 5:32 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
Almost felt like last episode was for nothing with these 3 heroes and Malty learning jackshit and being douche as usual.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jun 5, 2019 6:01 PM

Jul 2014
It was pretty hilarious to see the queen fangirling over Fitoria and just as hilarious to see how they have to call Myne Bitch and Slut... but on the other hand, it's pretty stupid that My—Slut can still be around doing her shitty things.

Poor girl xD

It was also amusing how Naofumi copied one of the blacksmith's shields and then Raphtalia and Filo all excited began to bring him shields.

New characters! The guy seems to be pretty cool and the girl is pretty + voiced by Saori Hayami <3
SkyLETVJun 6, 2019 4:22 PM
Jun 5, 2019 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
this episode was hilarious nobody learns anything huh lol whats with these shows not knowing when to end properly slime was bad at this as well

BUT hey after 20 episodes did some decent characters finally show up at the end?
Jun 5, 2019 6:38 PM

Dec 2014
I remember the conference where they talk about their abilities happening during the training in the archipelago. Maybe I'm misremembering it.

The red haired dude and the blue haired girl never show up in the WN so I'm assuming they are LN/manga exclusive. I like their designs and they are voiced by Saori Hayami and Jun Fukuyama which is good civilization, so I approve. XD

Best scene of the episode was the one near the end with Naofumi, Raphtalia and Filo. :)
Jun 5, 2019 7:02 PM

Mar 2018
Wish malty would die already.. Also wish Raphtalia f'd that dude raw :)
{\_/}
(•~•)

{\_/}
( •-•)

{\_/}
( – _ -)
Jun 5, 2019 7:20 PM
Jul 2018
I think that these two (the ones Iwatani talked to) are the people who helps the waves because they looked so suspicious (lol)
Jun 5, 2019 7:37 PM

Aug 2018
Pretty laid back episode for Shield Hero. Looks like they’re running out of time to even start a new arc. It’s enjoyable though, nevertheless.
Jun 5, 2019 8:08 PM
Jan 2019
this episode was a moment of peace for Naofume and his team. This new character intrigued me.
Jun 5, 2019 8:30 PM

Sep 2017
God are the other heroes still going to be totally incompetent? I thought we might actually get some reasoning to why Naofumi is so much stronger despite being lower leveled. They'd be like "this is how we've been training" and Naofumi would be like "aha, that's why you're all so weak" or some bs, but naaah they just bitching and moaning some more.

And omg fucking bitch/slut like??? I was totally okay with her not being killed last episode under the assumption that she's basically written out of the story. But then they go and have her back to her old ways. Like what is with this writing man.

At least the new character seems decent. Wonder how long that will last.
Jun 5, 2019 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
Leo said:
Not a bad episode.

Honestly, the other heroes are just useless.

At least Raphtalia and Filo were able to get a class upgrade.
DazeFire said:
lmao bitch the slut is still at it even after all that just happened not to mention the other heroes are still acting weird towards Naofumi even with what just happened as well

seems like they'll be that way for a long time as for the new guy hmm idk something about him i already don't like tbh

but looking forward to the next ep am sad there's only a few eps left i really wonder will it get a season 2 at some point as i'm really hoping it does
AnimeDane said:
Honestly the spear hero is a disgrace to all other spear characters.
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
After last episodes goodbyes I honestly thought we are finally done with all the stupidness I had to witness throughout the season, but FUCK NO! WE ARE GOING BACK TO REMIND YOU HOW FUCKING IRRITATING THE ENTIRE SIDE CAST HAS BEEN.

When Bitch/slut/whatever the fuck the writer's kink is, tried to kill naofumi again I realized what her whole existence in this justice fetish meant. It's because of the fucking DOUJINS.......just think, the amount of people nutting for Bitch's revenge rape doujin. It's always been about the doujin sales.

It's fucking disgusting, I never imagined I would be writing something like this on any anime ever. I had to get this anger out.

The best part was when they ACTUALLY LEFT and gave Raphtalia some purpose for her future and Naofumi wanting to find them happiness, also finally I feel like we have met a sort of best boy.

I'm sorry if I went overboard, I just had to let it out.
Dudi4PoLFr said:
God... I was thinking that after the last episode a lot will change but nope...

Swordsman and archer are still stupid and spearman is annoying AF everlastingly blindly trusting that slut and the Bitch is still a bitch.

I was hoppîng so much more from this anime...
Ryuseishun said:
Seems like Naofumi's attitude kinda rubbed off on Raphtalia during that party xD

And yea, the other three heroes are still fucking absurd. Like, geezus, my niggas, how dat fuck was Naofumi supposed to automatically know the shit you just shared with him back then....considering all that harsh experience and treatment he went through early on. Like, does common sense still mean nothing to you??
LocalTrashcan said:
I can't believe Motoyasu is still out here trying to defend Bitch. Is he okay mentally?
PurpleGirl203 said:
Motoyasu is still an idiot as ever! How can he still believe in Malty after all she's done to the Shield Hero?? He is blind as hell! Wake up!!

Slut never learns, does she? It's a good thing that she was caught in the act while poisoning the pie Naofumi and his party was going to eat -_-; Way to go princess, stop your sister's foolishness!

It was an ok episode, was expecting more to be honest ^^; can't wait for more next week! :3 The scene with the shields was very funny XD

DatRandomDude said:
Almost felt like last episode was for nothing with these 3 heroes and Malty learning jackshit and being douche as usual.

katsu044 said:
this episode was hilarious nobody learns anything huh lol whats with these shows not knowing when to end properly slime was bad at this as well

BUT hey after 20 episodes did some decent characters finally show up at the end?

kater_tot said:
Every time i think those three bakas are finally turning a corner they do something stupid again... i totally agree with Naofumi; they are a lost cause! I feel so sorry for him that he has to spend an extended amount of time stuck on a ship with them!

ProofByColor said:
God are the other heroes still going to be totally incompetent? I thought we might actually get some reasoning to why Naofumi is so much stronger despite being lower leveled. They'd be like "this is how we've been training" and Naofumi would be like "aha, that's why you're all so weak" or some bs, but naaah they just bitching and moaning some more.

And omg fucking bitch/slut like??? I was totally okay with her not being killed last episode under the assumption that she's basically written out of the story. But then they go and have her back to her old ways. Like what is with this writing man.

Y'all got baited so hard thinking that Bitch, Motoyasu or the other 2 heroes had turned over a new leaf. Honestly, Bitch has a deep seeded hate for the Shield Hero, Motoyasu has had his face buried in bitch's ass for the longest time, and Ren Itsuki may have been skeptical about the rape allegation and Bitch's actions, but they're still kids, and kids aren't going to mature over night.

NyronGTR said:
Told you the whore would come back to cause more harm. Could've subjected her to torture, publicly broadcasted for further humiliation, then killed. Slowly.

But no, better to have the thot around. After all this ruckus...I don't expect her to be killed this time around, the show had had its chance.

Not sure if you read the source material or not, but as someone that has, I am honestly amused by the number of people that fell for that shit.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting
LoveLikeBloodJun 9, 2019 9:23 AM
Jun 5, 2019 8:42 PM

Mar 2016
Demyx_IX said:
Leo said:
Not a bad episode.

Honestly, the other heroes are just useless.

At least Raphtalia and Filo were able to get a class upgrade.
DazeFire said:
lmao bitch the slut is still at it even after all that just happened not to mention the other heroes are still acting weird towards Naofumi even with what just happened as well

seems like they'll be that way for a long time as for the new guy hmm idk something about him i already don't like tbh

but looking forward to the next ep am sad there's only a few eps left i really wonder will it get a season 2 at some point as i'm really hoping it does
AnimeDane said:
Honestly the spear hero is a disgrace to all other spear characters.
Shotttooo00_0000 said:
After last episodes goodbyes I honestly thought we are finally done with all the stupidness I had to witness throughout the season, but FUCK NO! WE ARE GOING BACK TO REMIND YOU HOW FUCKING IRRITATING THE ENTIRE SIDE CAST HAS BEEN.

When Bitch/slut/whatever the fuck the writer's kink is, tried to kill naofumi again I realized what her whole existence in this justice fetish meant. It's because of the fucking DOUJINS.......just think, the amount of people nutting for Bitch's revenge rape doujin. It's always been about the doujin sales.

It's fucking disgusting, I never imagined I would be writing something like this on any anime ever. I had to get this anger out.

The best part was when they ACTUALLY LEFT and gave Raphtalia some purpose for her future and Naofumi wanting to find them happiness, also finally I feel like we have met a sort of best boy.

I'm sorry if I went overboard, I just had to let it out.
Dudi4PoLFr said:
God... I was thinking that after the last episode a lot will change but nope...

Swordsman and archer are still stupid and spearman is annoying AF everlastingly blindly trusting that slut and the Bitch is still a bitch.

I was hoppîng so much more from this anime...
Ryuseishun said:
Seems like Naofumi's attitude kinda rubbed off on Raphtalia during that party xD

And yea, the other three heroes are still fucking absurd. Like, geezus, my niggas, how dat fuck was Naofumi supposed to automatically know the shit you just shared with him back then....considering all that harsh experience and treatment he went through early on. Like, does common sense still mean nothing to you??
LocalTrashcan said:
PurpleGirl203 said:

DatRandomDude said:

katsu044 said:

kater_tot said:

ProofByColor said:

Y'all got baited so hard thinking that Bitch, Motoyasu or the other 2 heroes had turned over a new leaf. Honestly, Bitch has a deep seeded hate for the Shield Hero, Motoyasu has had his face buried in bitch's ass for the longest time, and Ren Itsuki may have been skeptical about the rape allegation and Bitch's actions, but they're still kids, and kids aren't going to mature over night.

NyronGTR said:

Not sure if you read the source material or not, but as someone that has, I am honestly amused by the number of people that fell for that shit.

Except you’re wrong about the jebaiting. I wasn’t expecting them to improve, anyway. But it’s still annoying that they’re still there with their toxic influence.

LoveLikeBloodJun 9, 2019 9:24 AM
Jun 5, 2019 8:48 PM

Oct 2008
that bitch is now a lost cause! why would they ever let her roam around and attempting to party crashing poison anyone! damn!
This is now an eternal curse, that the 4 heroes won't get along together!
LOLZ Elhart got ripped off by that skill copy!
okay! new cool character up ahead L'Arc! looks like competent especially his VA lolz!
5/5.

Jun 5, 2019 9:55 PM
Dec 2013
Is it me or is this anime getting worse after each episode..
Jun 5, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2017
The first part of the epi where everyone used Bitch and Slut as Maltys name was hilarious and the second part was full of emotions when Raphtalia said I can't imagine a world without u Naofumi sama that was super lovely.
Jun 5, 2019 10:05 PM

Mar 2012
rennth said:
Is it me or is this anime getting worse after each episode..

Well, this episode is sort of serving as a bridge to the next arc. Trust me, the next three episodes are going to be balls to the wall.
Jun 5, 2019 11:36 PM

Apr 2015
what a wholesome ending to the episode
Jun 5, 2019 11:36 PM

Aug 2012
Luxeraph said:
Interesting that the legendary weapons unlock skills based on what the wearer thinks.

I'm guessing it's due to that that naofumi is broken since unlike the other three that think of their abilities based on the game from the world they came from which I assume would include some sort of balance, naofumi's might be a combination of subconscious tropes from visual novels and games from his world(thus no balance) and limitations from thinking he's in a real world.

I wonder if this system could be exploited beyond the rage mode.
Not really. Is just each has his different approach to the world. As Naofumi proves by using copy all their ideas have merit. Problem is each of the other 3 think their way of dping things us the best.
FMmatron said:
machetevuoi said:

DeadlyRavenJun 7, 2019 7:18 PM
Jun 6, 2019 12:52 AM

Sep 2016
AntonioWux said:
Those 2 new characters got my interest.

Why didn't the queen throw Bitch and Trash in a cell,that would make more sense...
this tbh, lol. like i get they spared their lives but they are still a danger to society, lock them up

and seriously i thought those guys would be a bit more open or feel sorry for all the trouble caused to naofumi but they really dont give a fuck, whats wrong with them? here i was hoping i would see some change in their character and grow fond of at least one of them. the other heros are arrogant to the point where it feels a bit unnatural
Jun 6, 2019 1:19 AM

Jun 2013
Another boring episode, nothing much happened that is actually noteworthy. I suppose the incels were really riled up and got hard watching Raphthalia protect Naofumi's "honor" by almost slaying a half drunken man.

I have very low expectations for the last three episodes. Naofumi wants to go back but obviously he's going to find a way to bring back his waifus with him. He won't be able to find any woman who would be willingly his slave back in Japan unless he joins a BDSM club and signs a contract with someone.

Bitch/Slut whatever her name is, is only in his series to serve as cannon fodder for justice porn. Her role is pretty boring, she would've been better off dead. Everyone in this series, including Naofumi, are all annoying and boring.
臭い-
Jun 6, 2019 2:03 AM

Aug 2018
I can't believe we still have to deal with the bitch, this show would be a lot more tolerable if we just forgot about her existence. The spear hero still being a dumbass and defending slut is just bad writing and the other heroes having learnt nothing and still saying stuff like cheat shield is just purposefully lazy writing in an attempt to bring out anger from the viewer. It's honestly boring and repetitive at this point.

Naofumi and his gang along with Melty are decent characters but most of the side characters are just trash. Next arc looks like it might be fun, hopefully we get some good action and they can finally level up and get some new skills. Also they never specified what class they got so that'll be something to look forward to as well.
<Insert clever quote>
Jun 6, 2019 2:31 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
People still bitching about the others heros are NOT listening, I thinking I m not the only reader that has said it here, but again, the other heroes WONT have a change of heart anytime soon, dont expect them to, you would need a S3 to see things starting to change abit, so what are you even expecting?!

NyronGTR said:

The gist of it is, she will never learn, no matter the opportunities she is given, expect her to keep doing shit in the future.

Cal Mira starts with this episode, anime onlies havent realized, but Naofumi just learned ALOT.
He learnt that he can fast travel, copy weapons, having his shield craft all stuff in auto mode provided it is feed the right materials, and has learnt about 3 distinct ways to power his party further.
On the LN this was the turning point for him, and next episode will start to show him growing alot in power, since him and his party had all these limitations they didnt know about, besides that rank up more than doubled Rapth and Filo's stats.
L'arc looking good but dunno if that VA suits him for when he gets to start fooling around.
2 episodes left with last one beind around 47 mins probably, so 3 episodes lenght left you could argue (that 1 hour is never an hour), I think they can end it really well, besides 47 mins for everything that will happen in the end, rather than dividing it in 2 episodes separated by one week will do it good.

Cal Mira is a much better point to stop than vol7 or 6, happy they are going with this pacing, at the end of this arc I think there will be alot more questions to mess around with anime and even manga fans, since those answers have yet to be adapted in the manga.
Should be fun.
Btw really enjoyed that moment Naofumi, Rapt and Filo shared near the end, so warming and cozy to see~~
Jun 6, 2019 2:57 AM

Jul 2012
So, the three stooges are still dumb and useless, got it.
I really think Motoyasu has some kind of brain damage, his stupidity is unreal.

And what was Bitch doing there?? They just set her free just like that?... And are they just gonna let go the fact that she tried to poison Naofumi and his team?... I just...

Anyway, those two new characters really caught my attention though. Hope they'll be fun to watch!
HikariShoumeironDec 28, 2019 10:13 PM
Jun 6, 2019 3:17 AM
Apr 2018
Playcool said:
episodes left with last one beind around 47 mins probably, so 3 episodes lenght left you could argue (that 1 hour is never an hour), I think they can end it really well, besides 47 mins for everything that will happen in the end, rather than dividing it in 2 episodes separated by one week will do it good.

I'm curious,its since yesterday that i read about the last episode being a 48 mins-long, so I did some research and didnt found nothing about it, even in the official store but I went to check the vol 4 Bluray(last volume) and in the description it says that the duration is 132 minutes vs the first volume with 176 minutes.
The others two volume are the same as the last one 132 minutes, so where did this famous 1hour lenght episode came out?
Jun 6, 2019 4:30 AM

Sep 2007
Was weird that after their "grand exit" last episode they just came right back this ep....so misleading :/

Other than that....felt like this was weirdly placed filler....
I'm liking L'Arc though.... if he's really the "Scythe Hero" like some people are saying, all the more reason I'd really like him to become best bros with Naofumi and be able to teach him stuff....cuz while Naofumi did pick up that 'copy weapon' skill from the brief meeting with the other 3.....wellll.....I don't see them being openly friendly with him any more beyond that

Putting aside their wrong impression of Naofumi this whole time....they're so selfish/prideful of themselves -as we can see from them arguing about what is the "best" sort of weapons to power up...none of them were even open to the other's explanation
Well....I guess I can kind of see why they acted like that though...if I was leveling up my equipment etc one way for a long time then told I been doing it completely wrong I'd probably be a bit annoyed too...
IkanoJun 6, 2019 4:34 AM
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 6, 2019 5:49 AM

Dec 2016
Demyx_IX said:

I haven't read it. Since the moment of false rape accusation, i considered the whore irredeemable. Tbh, commonly seen belief in her change of attitude after 21 episodes is probably a result of nothing but false hope. I'll let meself to quote: "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"
Jun 6, 2019 5:55 AM

Apr 2019
Nice episode. I don't really like the other heroes but the overall episode was funny and satisfying.
Jun 6, 2019 6:07 AM

Jan 2013
Sure, the heroes enjoy arguing but I feel they'd enjoy more having their sense of "fairness". I imagine them throwing a childish tantrum to have Naofumi share his secrets now that they had already shared theirs. Can't see him getting off the hook that easily.

SSL443 said:
Meanwhile, more plot contrivance; the other heroes know about some XP booster event, even though past experience suggests that they should be the last people with such knowledge. [...]

Of course, no episode would be complete without validating the MC, as befits any proper self-insert. And the queen delivers, informing everyone that all the heroes will die in the next wave if they don't work together - except Naofumi, of course. Never mind that this makes no sense if the only way for the heroes to survive is by working together. Self-insert plot armor takes precedent over logic.

I'd argue it's reasonable for the other three to be familiar with the XP booster event. They have been treating this whole adventure as a game so makes sense they'd seek out the best way to "farm" exp using game logic.

This anime is certainly self-riotous towards the main character but it feels reasonable that Naofumi could possibly make it out alive compared to the other three. He is a tanky turtle who has speed to run to safety, as he has been shown to do thanks to Filo. While the others being primarily offensive units means that if they come across a stronger enemy that they can't handle it'll be much tougher for them to flee or outlast them without losing or getting seriously hurt.

fejota said:
Since Raphtalia and Filo didn't get a new class, will they learn anything else?

Am assuming their chosen class was just overwritten with a different class by the thing affecting them. Even though the anime suggests it's due to their items I'm curious if it may be due to Naofumi's cursed shield.
Mica-Chan10Jun 6, 2019 6:12 AM
Jun 6, 2019 6:31 AM

Feb 2018
Honestly i don't know how are they going to wrap this up at the end.

There is so much stuff that has to be covered in order for this show to have a good ending.

I just want to see will naofumi go back to real life when it all settles down in the end.
Jun 6, 2019 9:40 AM

Nov 2011
So my guess is that the relationship between the heroes has to be good for more things to be unlocked. Considering the three idiot heroes have a decent relationship they were able to unlock everything. Since Naofumi said he would have faith in them he was able to unlock the Copy weapon ability. That's how I see it at least.

Raphtalia sticking up for her man. F that garbage drunk.

Bitch/Slut is still up to no good. You'd think that she would appreciate Naofumi for saving her life. smh.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2019

197 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2019

219 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 9:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.