Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 21, 2019 2:15 PM
Jul 2018
"THERE HE IS GRAB HIM"

(-.-) "shit".

Oh I freaking died, looked good, sounded good, loved it. Way to get back in the discussion OP game stark.
May 21, 2019 2:21 PM
Sep 2014
I've been pretty lenient with this season so far, since I love the story and the production has been passable. But... The pacing this episode... This goes beyond budget or schedule, it's just incompetence. Felt like we skimmed 2-3 episodes of content, and they cut out so much and rushed so much that everything could have easily been given ample time.
Aren't they supposed to be focusing more on talking to avoid animating? So why are they just skipping bits and not having any pauses?

Why is the animation the best thing about the production this episode? (Well, Saitama's punch was pretty well done though.)
πŸ‘Œ( Ν‘° ΝœΚ– Ν‘°)πŸ‘Œ
May 21, 2019 2:23 PM
Apr 2016
RayReynolds said:
Seriously how can there be people who defend this show at this point? only with its forced excuses, this episode is very bad, the S1 was memorable for its excellent animation and comedy, it does not deserve merit because it simply has not managed to do any of that, just to be called "One punch man" it does not save it, it's still a show of an invincible bald guy who does not care about his life and nothing around him.

A simple reality check - not everyone comes to watch this great series for either beautiful moving picture OR some comedy segments. Let's assume others come here for NO WAY? story and characters. Because they are done with diligence and thought deeper than you can see on the screen. If you can see beyond it, that is.
Re:formed
May 21, 2019 2:26 PM
May 2019
So Basically what happened to Game of thrones season 8 in terms of story writing is happening to OPM season 2 in terms of animation; too high of a standard since the past season was so good and then different animators (writers for GOT) come and prove they're too incompetent..

Season 1 had DUMB fights/story compared to season 2 but season ended up as legendary and season 2 is trash as far as i can tell..
May 21, 2019 2:31 PM

Feb 2014
Even though the pacing has felt a little off recently, the constant switching between the monster attacks and the fighting tournament was on the annoying side this time.

On the bright side, at least the S-Class heroes are making their arrivals and getting the job done, even if it's on the more disturbing side, like with Pig God.

Happily, Tatsumaki makes her return, with those HOT thighs giving us fans something to cheer about as she easily destroyed the octopus monster, trash-talked the other heroes, including Flashy Flash and then she left, just like that. XD

The Saitama Vs Suiryu fight was, no surprise, lacking on the animation ans visuals part. However, it still had plenty of moments from the dialogue and character interactions that still made me laugh in a good way. =)

Those girls from the Keijo!!! show (I still need to watch it!) would be proud of Saitama's butt thrust move that defeated Suiryu so easily. =P
May 21, 2019 2:31 PM
Apr 2016
KariminO said:
So Basically what happened to Game of thrones season 8 in terms of story writing is happening to OPM season 2 in terms of animation; too high of a standard since the past season was so good and then different animators (writers for GOT) come and prove they're too incompetent..

Season 1 had DUMB fights/story compared to season 2 but season ended up as legendary and season 2 is trash as far as i can tell..

I hope you did not create this account just to sound smart, but - ding ding! - reality check.
Game of Thrones became a mess because incapable people ran out of actual material and were forced to make their own, instead of adapting a well thought-out story. Comparing that situation to animation of any sort is a sign of kindergarten level analysis skills.
Re:formed
May 21, 2019 2:33 PM
Jul 2018
RayReynolds said:
Seriously how can there be people who defend this show at this point? only with its forced excuses, this episode is very bad, the S1 was memorable for its excellent animation and comedy, it does not deserve merit because it simply has not managed to do any of that, just to be called "One punch man" it does not save it, it's still a show of an invincible bald guy who does not care about his life and nothing around him.

Season one had some serious displays of weak animation, and to be honest the franchise itself isn't that great to begin with. I personally love it, but it isn't the greatest story to ever be put on paper.

Season two is plenty funny, and the animation while different from season 1, it uses a lot less of that "wavy sketchy comic book page in motion cheap cop out animation bullshit" that season one loved to display, and that is a plus.

I think deep down the bandwagon for season one got a little out of control, and now people are trying to make amends by going on witch hunts for season 2's flaws. Some cool anime fans (( what is an oxymoron cause all western anime fans kind of suck, myself included )) are on this hipster hoorah saying this overly loved franchise is now trash, and to be honest it just makes the lot look like hemorrhoids in motion. So despite the cordial pains in the ass trying to rectify their false love of hints and trends, season 2 is pretty good stuff. Also your assessment about Saitama's character is incorrect. He literally just punched a dudes shirt off, nearly ending the fight sooner than he wanted, for trash talking hero's. He is just humble. If you are so indoctrinated into the hating trend that you miss marks like that, how can anyone take your criticisms seriously? Have a banana dude, it will be okay.
removed-userMay 21, 2019 2:36 PM
May 21, 2019 2:39 PM

Jan 2013
This episode... whoo boy.
They keep on slacking off with the animations right on the parts where they are crucial.
Drains all the energy away from the action.
May 21, 2019 2:40 PM

May 2016
Finally, second half was almost all Saitama scenes I couldn't ask for more.

Suiriyuu is damn strong his kick left some scratches on Saitama's head.
May 21, 2019 2:40 PM
May 2019
Maybe we will signate the petitions as the creation of the second season by MadHouse?
May 21, 2019 2:41 PM

Nov 2016
Lol, the way Suiryu was taken out, tho.

He must feel humiliated now, but Saitama gave him some nice advice, words of wisdom spoken by a person that is in a league of his own.

Don't care about the production as much as others, but I'm relieved that the leg game is on point.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 21, 2019 2:42 PM
Apr 2019
bad animation after all. sound effects so terrible, fighting scenes so rushing and awful. if you understand. they just make some audio repeatable again and again from the beginning of the season.
i kinda sad while disappointed after watching and i can guess how's the end of final battle and animation.
i won't see for next episode, so suck and fucked up
thankyou saitama. manga and my imagination is the best after all
May 21, 2019 2:44 PM

Jul 2013
Not gonna lie, this episode made me laugh... at the CGI crowd that wasn't even moving in the background.
May 21, 2019 2:48 PM
Apr 2017
This is some Sonic lvl pace in this episode.
May 21, 2019 2:50 PM
May 2019
Daniel_Naumov said:
KariminO said:

I hope you did not create this account just to sound smart, but - ding ding! - reality check.
Game of Thrones became a mess because incapable people ran out of actual material and were forced to make their own, instead of adapting a well thought-out story. Comparing that situation to animation of any sort is a sign of kindergarten level analysis skills.

I think you're missing my point smartass
What you said about GOT is true they couldn't adapt a well thought-out story since that story is what made GOT as popular and hyped before season 8 came out..
For OPM what made it one of the best is the way season 1 was animated....if you take the same dumb story from season 1 and give it an awful animation and story development like the one in season 2 it would obviously be one of low tier anime..

My comparison was in terms of incompetence nothing more nothing less as the new seasons couldn't live up to expectations...
May 21, 2019 2:51 PM

Sep 2014
Holy hell hat was horribly adapted lmao xD
May 21, 2019 2:52 PM
Jul 2018
This is an actual travesty. They butchered all the fight scenes. Honestly the impact is abysmal. Some of my favourite scenes from the manga are ruined. This should’ve never been made. Even worse is the pacing, far too fast and skips over way too much detail. It feels lifeless compared to the first season. Seeing the attacks with two looping keyframes were the worst and really it’s just lazy. Read the manga. Seriously. Thinking of dropping this.
May 21, 2019 2:57 PM
Feb 2012
Nurguburu said:
Tatsumaki is the best girl from OPM. Good episode.

it's not hard to be best girl when there's only 2 girls in the entire series
May 21, 2019 2:59 PM

Nov 2017
A enough funny episode!

Especially during the fight between Saitama/Charanko and SuiryΕ«! The moment Saitama holds her wig endlessly when SuiryΕ« attacks her! And when SuiryΕ« attacks Saitama and the latter moves vertically, like a pole then crushes him in the ring as a mushroom! xD
May 21, 2019 3:01 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
While not particularly stunning, the fight with One Kick Rick has definitely been the high point for animation this season so far, hopefully we can get more like that as other fights have been... lacklustre.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 21, 2019 3:04 PM

Sep 2012
Fucking finally, this is what I was expecting from OPM. Even if the animation isn't as good as season 1, it was a really fun and funny episode, unlike the previous episodes.
May 21, 2019 3:17 PM

May 2018
The next episode could literally be a slideshow of coloured manga frames and a lot of people here would still praise the show.

Actually I'm starting to get amazed at how many still frames the studio can put in a single episode, while still having the nerve to call it animation.
A Signature Is Supposed To Be Here.
May 21, 2019 3:17 PM
Nov 2016
Just watched the episode, the impact of this fight was much MUCH better in the manga, the anime was crap in comparison. I also had enough of that fucking blurry shaky camera to hide the god-awful animation in the fighting scenes, it's cheap as fuck.

At least the part of Drive Knight was kinda cool, too bad it only lasted like 5 fucking seconds. Goddamn.

Also, the soundtrack is extremely mediocre or the director is doing a mediocre job implementing the soundtrack in the anime, I'm not "feeling it" in the soundtrack department at all.
xZabuzaxMay 21, 2019 3:26 PM
May 21, 2019 3:18 PM
Nov 2017
Fenryr19 said:
Fucking finally, this is what I was expecting from OPM. Even if the animation isn't as good as season 1, it was a really fun and funny episode, unlike the previous episodes.

Well, you should give credit to ONE, thr author then. But it didn't make JC even a little bit good and forgiven.
May 21, 2019 3:19 PM
Mar 2019
very bad episode, a lot of manga content material was cut, the sound was very bad why saitama was so, and also the action was still as bad as the previous episode, overall 2/10
May 21, 2019 3:23 PM
Oct 2018
Dam this was disappointing. The fight did not even come close to looking as good as the manga. I really hate myself now for looking ahead in the manga last week to see the fight. i guess i might as well drop the anime and start reading the manga if it's so much better. Really bummed out because this has SOOOOOO much potential
RjstizzerMay 21, 2019 3:30 PM
May 21, 2019 3:23 PM

Apr 2016
This is easily the worst episode yet. The pacing was so fucking slow before that them skipping things and blitzing through everything here caused major whiplash (I know they burned through chapters throughout the previous episodes too and in every single episode of this show, things just happened without any establishment or time for things to sink in or breathe, but nothing fucking happened in the past 3 episdoes before this one so it still felt like walking through deep bog), and the visuals are at their worst. Freakishly frequent and fucked-up artwork mishaps all over the place (especially in the main fights of the episode), awful editing that proves that these fights are acftively missing cuts, and a main fight that is so bad it actually rivals the likes of Hand Shakers and Berserk 2016's fight scenes. This makes episdoe 5 look competent, and barring one or two amusing moments (the first of which suffered from the sound effects and the animation not being timed well), this is just an absolute dumpster fire on all aspects. Fuck this episode and fuck this show. Can't wait to tear it to pieces when it ends.

Also, the interactions between the heroes this episode just further cements how unlikable everyone is this season.
May 21, 2019 3:25 PM
Sep 2018
People who don't watch anime rage over GoT season 8, i guess anime fans have it too....
May 21, 2019 3:27 PM
Feb 2019
The episodes from this new season are enjoyable but when you compare them to s1 they're just so bad, this episode, in particular, was kinda lame tbh and it's just a pity that the animation has gotten such a downgrade, everything looks lifeless and stale... and the jokes aren't really hitting as hard as they used to for whatever reason.
May 21, 2019 3:42 PM

Mar 2014
Looks like we got ourselves a continuity animation error...

Without wig.

Wig on?

Mod edit: one screenshot per post
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:58 AM
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
May 21, 2019 3:59 PM

May 2015
Grizzziff said:
RayReynolds said:

Season one had some serious displays of weak animation, and to be honest the franchise itself isn't that great to begin with. I personally love it, but it isn't the greatest story to ever be put on paper.

Season two is plenty funny, and the animation while different from season 1, it uses a lot less of that "wavy sketchy comic book page in motion cheap cop out animation bullshit" that season one loved to display, and that is a plus.

I think deep down the bandwagon for season one got a little out of control, and now people are trying to make amends by going on witch hunts for season 2's flaws. Some cool anime fans (( what is an oxymoron cause all western anime fans kind of suck, myself included )) are on this hipster hoorah saying this overly loved franchise is now trash, and to be honest it just makes the lot look like hemorrhoids in motion. So despite the cordial pains in the ass trying to rectify their false love of hints and trends, season 2 is pretty good stuff. Also your assessment about Saitama's character is incorrect. He literally just punched a dudes shirt off, nearly ending the fight sooner than he wanted, for trash talking hero's. He is just humble. If you are so indoctrinated into the hating trend that you miss marks like that, how can anyone take your criticisms seriously? Have a banana dude, it will be okay.

You're high. S1 looked amazing. Nothing in S2 even comes close. It literally does nothing better.

May 21, 2019 4:03 PM

Aug 2014
the episode felt all over the place. The animation was good but the sound wasn't.
Still a good episode tho.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
May 21, 2019 4:26 PM
Nov 2014
Loved the episode. Hearing about it being a milion times longer in the manga, I'm really glad they didn't drag out one action scene forever.
May 21, 2019 4:42 PM
Feb 2016
Leo said:
Saitama vs Suiryu was great. Suiryu even survived a punch from Saitama.
no he survived a shock wave like Genos did
May 21, 2019 4:52 PM
Mar 2019
HueyLion said:
Looks like we got ourselves a continuity animation error...

Without wig.

Wig on?
it was proven that they were very lazy to make animations, why not just make the whole CGI
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:58 AM
May 21, 2019 4:52 PM
Nov 2016
Don't know why everyone is complaining. This episode was the best of the season. Loved the animation when Saitama told Suiryu to not get any stronger if he wants to continue having fun. That zoom in on his fist was great. The sound was great as well, like when Flashy Flash was fighting, and when Atomic Samurai obliterated Haragiri.
May 21, 2019 4:55 PM
Apr 2019
What a disappointing episode, apart from the crooked designers was quite strange besides annoying
May 21, 2019 4:55 PM

Oct 2015
They just had to go with the disqualification route, I mean Charanko was great to watch.

This was a mediocre of an episode, the next we were seeing these old guys holding a meeting then suddenly one turns into a monster, the next thing we saw this blonde s-class hero appearing out of nowhere and got outclassed by Tornado. Most of all we saw Garo going to fight that Watchdog hero, what the hell happened? The Suiryu/Saitama fight lacked an impact.

This was due to the absent of pacing, as always.
lihle808May 21, 2019 5:00 PM
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

May 21, 2019 4:58 PM

Jan 2013
The directing is incredibly awful. This is the only thing I really dislike about this anime. The scenes cut from one to another senselessly and without no build-up. It just feels like a compilation of fights at this point.

Anyway, the tournament arc was what was keeping me really interested so far these episodes. Every Saitama scene was great. Sadly I'm not being too entertained by the whole Hero vs Monster Association thing. Hopefully, Saitama joins that.

Also, something about the sound effects felt off.
May 21, 2019 5:05 PM
Mar 2019
Venumidas said:
The Suiryu fight was one of the greatest (even tho a little short) fights in the manga, yet they managed to ruin that too.

It's just so disappointing to see how J.C staff treats this project, they show 0 care and are just in it for the money, they make it brutally obvious with their poor sound design, their very bad animation choices, bad direction, then there is that weak opening that only has 2 seconds in it that I actually enjoy, the ED is straight up lazy and has no character to it at all.

It's sad to see that a series I enjoyed so much gets this treatment.
yes not only that, they also massacred all character designs, say Genos, metal knights, flash, and other stupid CGIs, believe milking from the popular series is the best for JC STAFF while saying "who cares about the quality of animation, after all people people will still like it "

Ali_Khan243 said:
Saitamagenos100 said:
99% opm s2 work by animators of shoujo, no power, impact and passion. But i hope they remake all eps for bd disc, because bd disc release 8/27 (delay almost 2 months) form last eps

Can they do that? Remake the episodes to be better? Cause God Almighty, this episode surely needs it, along with the rest of the season for that matter.
BD will not correct any action, it will only improve color quality and enlightenment, unless there are good-hearted studios out there who are willing to make a new remake, as happened at the FULL METAL ALCHEMIST, so the only way is to change the anime studio

Sakata_geen said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Seems like this won't get any better, just the same awful art, terrible shading, lazy close ups, bad animation, and shity effects. The pacing was particularly horendous this episode, with them not leaving any time for any of these moments, which screws over all the characters that had their fighting debut in this episode. Also look at drive knight lololol.
They fucking cut out Bones part!!! I swear bloody vengeance upon these bastards for having the audacity to disrespect Bone-sama. And they fucking dared to use the Boros theme....... they cut out so much, it's insane.
At least gimme some more hilarious garou faces, this is just boring.
fuck off man. ....seriously
I agree with this man, the animation does look very damn and the musical tone is not suitable

Mod edit: fixed double post
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:45 AM
May 21, 2019 5:17 PM
Nov 2016
Grizzziff said:

You're joking right? I mean you must be when you say something like season 2 use a lot less the "wavy sketchy comic book page in motion cheap cop out animation bullshit" but you don't even mention the fucking blurry shaky camera that season 2 is plagued with to hide the shitty animation in the action scenes.
May 21, 2019 5:24 PM
Apr 2019
Attack on titan 3 part 2 also has some production problems but compare the level of both opm 2 looks rubbish
May 21, 2019 5:27 PM

Oct 2008
I'm getting tired of most of the action reduced to before-and-after images with a quick black frame or a shaky blur in place of actual movement. None of the action has any real impact (hits don't look or feel like they hurt and their reaction is merely because the script calls for it), and Flashy's movements had no sense of speed whatsoever--just the same generic fast movement that basically everyone has had this season.

The visual storytelling is so poor. The fights just aren't exciting. Every time a fight goes from a key frame to the same three blurry frames flashing on screen for five seconds (which happened very fequently in this episode) I get bored. Watching OPM has become a chore. I didn't expect JC to live up to the high bar set by Madhouse with season 1, but it seems they are making an effort to run as far under that bar as they can.

And my god, the SFX (not the music) are abysmally weak.

Unless the rest of the season improves dramatically, as in I mistake it for another studio and team, then I very much doubt I will be buying the blu-ray. Season one will be lonely.
Prouldy addicted to chloroform!
May 21, 2019 5:33 PM

Jul 2014
The ending of the episode was hilarious, I laughed asf there XD

Tonku said:
I'm getting tired of most of the action reduced to before-and-after images with a quick black frame or a shaky blur in place of actual movement. None of the action has any real impact (hits don't look or feel like they hurt and their reaction is merely because the script calls for it), and Flashy's movements had no sense of speed whatsoever--just the same generic fast movement that basically everyone has had this season.

The visual storytelling is so poor. The fights just aren't exciting. Every time a fight goes from a key frame to the same three blurry frames flashing on screen for five seconds (which happened very fequently in this episode) I get bored. Watching OPM has become a chore. I didn't expect JC to live up to the high bar set by Madhouse with season 1, but it seems they are making an effort to run as far under that bar as they can.

Unless the rest of the season improves dramatically, as in I mistake it for another studio and team, then I very much doubt I will be buying the blu-ray. Season one will be lonely.

You guys so into the animations and sounds (which I don't see anything wrong with those), come on its a funny anime and the 2nd season get even better than the 1st one.

Mod edit: fixed double post
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:46 AM
May 21, 2019 5:46 PM
Apr 2019
GingZ said:
Tonku said:

You guys so into the animations and sounds (which I don't see anything wrong with those), come on its a funny anime and the 2nd season get even better than the 1st one.
Season 2 goes far from being better than the first talking about the whole set: animation, direction, ost, comic timing.
May 21, 2019 5:47 PM
Mar 2019
GingZ said:
Tonku said:

there won't be any fools who want to give their money to buy BD, if the animation is still very bad, what makes fans like OPM is because of the quality of badass action and funny comedy
May 21, 2019 5:48 PM

Jul 2017
All the chapters seems so rushed for me.
𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž
ㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀㅀ𝐿𝒾𝒻𝑒 π’Ύπ“ˆ π’Ώπ“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž (ᐒ..ᐒ)
γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€γ…€ »[π’₯π“Šπ“ˆπ“‰ 𝒢 π“‚π‘’π“‚π‘œπ“‡π“Ž]«
May 21, 2019 5:49 PM

Feb 2015
Leo said:
Saitama vs Suiryu was great. Suiryu even survived a punch from Saitama.
|
Saitama never contacted Suiryu, it was just an air punch. that's why Saitama says he almost cut the fight short.
May 21, 2019 5:54 PM

Jul 2015
It basically looked like they drew the characters and cut them out and pasted them to the screen to have them move in random places lmao.
May 21, 2019 5:56 PM

Apr 2018
Nah it wont get better isn't it? It's just getting worse, dropped.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.