Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 21, 2019 9:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, they adapted chapter 67+ including that Pig God eating scene. Eww.

Looks like they gave Tatsumaki slightly more screen time and we got more Super Fight tournament action with Saitama vs Suiryu. I still can't take Saitama with that fake hair on his head
May 21, 2019 9:52 AM

Aug 2017
Tatsumaki is the best girl from OPM.

J.C.Staff ruined Flashy Flash's attack lmao.

I never care about the tournament arc in the manga, so is the same shit with good or bad animation. At least we don't have the manga's slow pace.

2/5
NurguburuJun 5, 2019 10:19 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 21, 2019 10:00 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
So, it seems like we get introduced to a method that can turn humans into monsters. Although it's ideal for a hero to use that to get stronger, but you'd look ugly af, so not worth it, lol. Atomic Samurai's got a really cool look and I wish he plays a bigger role later on.

We also get Saitama vs. Suiryu, and, well, I've actually seen fan animation that's better. But at the same time, it's not bad. There was one or two decent cuts there, but nothing wowing I guess. But that ass attack still gets me, lol.

Some Saitama vs. Suirfu fan animation out there
GoldenDevilGamerMay 21, 2019 10:03 AM
May 21, 2019 10:00 AM

Feb 2018
Seems like this won't get any better, just the same awful art, terrible shading, lazy close ups, bad animation, and shity effects. The pacing was particularly horendous this episode, with them not leaving any time for any of these moments, which screws over all the characters that had their fighting debut in this episode. Also look at drive knight lololol.
They fucking cut out Bones part!!! I swear bloody vengeance upon these bastards for having the audacity to disrespect Bone-sama. And they fucking dared to use the Boros theme....... they cut out so much, it's insane.
At least gimme some more hilarious garou faces, this is just boring.
May 21, 2019 10:06 AM

May 2017
The pacing is really quick. In all of the scenes there is practically subtle build-up. The raw emotion and energy that existed in season 1 does not carry on to season 2. There be less hype in the actual fights. A few things are impressive here and there, but too far and in between. I feel the direction is the biggest problem at play here.
May 21, 2019 10:22 AM
Feb 2019
Holy shit,they fuck the art and animation up? Cool! Nothing new actually.But this time,they fuck the story up.J.C STAFF LITERALLY CUT ALL IMPORTANT AND COOL CONTENTS FROM THE MANGA.WHERE IS MY DRIVE KNIGHT'S NANO-TECH CUBE? THEY CUT THAT SHIT? WHY? THAT'S ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS IN THE MANGA.AND WHY THE FUCK THEY CUT THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN ATOMIC SAMURAI'S STUDENTS?ARE THEY TRYING TO DELETE THOSE CHARACTERS? Holy shit,my eyes just melted. I have never seen an anime being this rushed before.Holy moly. Everything they are trying to do will just make the plot more and more confusing,and in the end,they will ruin the story
May 21, 2019 10:24 AM

Mar 2016
Can't believe we already get to see Saitama vs Suiryu?

Nevertheless i'm happy with the fight, but, the constant back and forth between tournament and monster outbreak in a single episode was confusing.
May 21, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 2019
I didn't expect the pacing to be any worse than the previous episode. Just Capapble Staff aren't even trying a bit to animate properly. Every now and then, they use ghosting just to feign to have some action in the fight. This was completely horrendous episode.
How could they even cut Bones part, that was supposed to be the best part of this episode.
The fight between Suiryu and Saitama is one of the most detailed in the manga. Here it felt weak as f*ck. There was no actual sense of movement. Everything was so choppy. The sound design is too bad.
Suiryu, his face distorts with every frame. The VA also weren't effective. The manga had almost a whole volume dedicated to Suiryu vs Saitama, JC are not even doing good job at tracing it.
Saitama vs semi finalist also felt weak. Overall the action choreography in manga is far superior and provides more sense of movement and impact than the mediocrity served by JC staff.
Karunasagar_GvMay 21, 2019 11:03 AM
May 21, 2019 11:01 AM

Aug 2013
Saitama vs Suiryu was great. Suiryu even survived a punch from Saitama.

May 21, 2019 11:05 AM

Feb 2018
I'll say it: I liked the Saitama vs Suiryu fight. Specifically the comedic aspect of it.

The rest of the episode? Eh.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
May 21, 2019 11:06 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
Statements about the pacing is a bit too overblown. Yes, it's faster then usual, covering around 180 pages. But only minor dialogues here and there were cut out. Not to mention, the manga's slow pace during this segment was criticized by many, so you don't lose much by going through that content quickly. The real issue is the flow between scenes because the constants jumps back and forth don't work in its favor.

SYquan2000 said:
WHERE IS MY DRIVE KNIGHT'S NANO-TECH CUBE? THEY CUT THAT SHIT? WHY? THAT'S ONE OF THE COOLEST THINGS IN THE MANGA.
Well, transforming a robotic horse to a box, only to change it to a sword is inefficient. Logically, the anime's take makes more sense, but it's also hard to tell what his ability is in the anime because of it. But I can't say much was lost by cutting it out. It's clearly not one of the coolest things in the manga. Not even one of the coolest of its own volume.

SYquan2000 said:
AND WHY THE FUCK THEY CUT THE CONVERSATION BETWEEN ATOMIC SAMURAI'S STUDENTS?ARE THEY TRYING TO DELETE THOSE CHARACTERS?
You talking about that 3 page conversation that adds absolutely nothing for the series? I'll post them here so anime-only viewers can decide if they're important enough to rant about and turn your caps lock on for.

Karunasagar_Gv said:
The manga had almost a whole volume dedicated to Suiryu vs Saitama,
Parts of chapter 70-71, so roughly 80 pages. These pages barely had any dialogue to them too. Definitely not a volume.
May 21, 2019 11:07 AM

Apr 2008
lol. Saitama said it best. Martial arts is to make it look cool. Too bad the episode was animated so badly everything looked like shit. Least it was kinda funny. In more ways than one. This season in itself is a joke.
May 21, 2019 11:07 AM
Mar 2018
What was wrong with this episode ? It was so rushed. The animation looked even worse then ever before WTF
May 21, 2019 11:10 AM
May 2019
99% opm s2 work by animators of shoujo, no power, impact and passion. But i hope they remake all eps for bd disc, because bd disc release 8/27 (delay almost 2 months) form last eps
May 21, 2019 11:17 AM
Jan 2018
i think this was the weakest episode of the season so far. too many fighting scenes and conversations were skipped from the manga. so rushed, so.. SO FUCKING BAD.
holy shit the animation was garbage, the sounds were atrocious.. what the fuck ,man?
i'm not trying to compare it with the first season because maybe the bar was set a bit too high but holy shit this is some awful garbage that they're releasing. its like they got some some 2nd hand staff that nobody wanted just so that they can actually release content.
i'd rather not have seen it at all. G A R B A G E!
sorry, had to vent a bit
May 21, 2019 11:18 AM

Jan 2009
damn there goes the result of bad production schedule hitting them hard lol

im gonna re-read the manga sometime lol

May 21, 2019 11:22 AM
Nov 2015
This fight lasted for over 300 panels in the manga, and I bet it didn't have even 300 key frames in the anime!

I really don't care that much about the animation quality, but that fight was lame AF! They just botched one of the best moments in the manga.

I was expecting much much more. I even did re-read it last week. The pacing was awful, they butchered so many relevant parts. I thought the episode was going to end just before this fight, so the next episode could be all about Saitama vs Suiryu, and even so it would still be a bit too rushed. But what they did instead just ruined it all! Was there no planning at all for this shit?

And, even though I don't care THAT much about the animation, it felt so bland, the movements didn't pass any weight sensation. The sound direction contributed a lot to this too. It was a clusterfuck. Worst episode so far.
felipeliborioMay 21, 2019 12:09 PM
May 21, 2019 11:25 AM

Aug 2014
Seriously, what was is wrong with the "animation", it look as if a kid was introduced to the powerpoint "animation" feature back in the year 2000. it is literally a still image being dragged across the the frame. And his animation is supposed to be the center of attention at that point, in the middle of the screen. meanwhile Suiryu is actually animated to an acceptable degree in the same shot despite being rather irrelevant at that point.
May 21, 2019 11:26 AM

Aug 2018
Not a manga reader so no idea what they cut but the episode was okay. The final fight was entertaining. Hopefully we get more of Garu next episode, Saitama's fights are too predictable. I only would be interested in seeing Saitama vs the monster king.
<Insert clever quote>
May 21, 2019 11:27 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
LOL, hips don't lie.

And I'm extremely pleased with that Tatsumaki appearance.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 21, 2019 11:28 AM

Jan 2018
I didn't care about animation quality or about the episode after the butt attack

Yay Tatsumaki
May 21, 2019 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
10/10 for Suiryu's nipples. I'm easy just like that.
May 21, 2019 11:36 AM
Jan 2016
Well, another shit episode. This season has been seriously poor so far. And somehow I doubt it's going to get any better.
May 21, 2019 11:36 AM

Nov 2017
Special Move: Hip Thrust!!!! Lolololo. Let the Master show you how it is done!!!
May 21, 2019 11:41 AM
Oct 2013
They butchered the fight of the season for me.
for anyone interested, go watch Durzoo version's of the manga fight, it's way better than this.
JC staff approach is simple, a parody manga gets a parody anime adaptaion, just plain storyline and plain animation, get it over with and let's focus on the Loli and animate Fubuki boobs.

** also before anyone quotes and says they are here for the story, FFS Suiryu as a character got butchered badly, they rushed his dialoges, thet didn't show his hint of flashback, this was a massacre of side character that needed solid ground before the next episodes events. damn damn.
lasso_914May 21, 2019 11:49 AM
May 21, 2019 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
The switching of perspectives from the monster fights to tournament is jarring af, that being said this was by far the worst ep I have seen this season, Saitama and Suiryu fight took things to a whole new level of underwhelming.. just.. wow.
May 21, 2019 11:50 AM

Sep 2012
This shit gets worse and worse. I'm about to drop it, what a complete disaster.
May 21, 2019 11:51 AM
Jul 2018
even worse quality than the EP's before.

At 19.49 in this episode when the seiryu dude did his rock split hit, saitama still wears the hat.
I dont even want to get into the sounds for seiryus hits, sound like silvester to me
May 21, 2019 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
The Suiryu fight was one of the greatest (even tho a little short) fights in the manga, yet they managed to ruin that too.

It's just so disappointing to see how J.C staff treats this project, they show 0 care and are just in it for the money, they make it brutally obvious with their poor sound design, their very bad animation choices, bad direction, then there is that weak opening that only has 2 seconds in it that I actually enjoy, the ED is straight up lazy and has no character to it at all.

It's sad to see that a series I enjoyed so much gets this treatment.
May 21, 2019 12:08 PM
Nov 2016
I haven't watched this episode yet (will watch it in 1 hour) and from what I'm reading they even ruined Saitama and Suiryu's fight which is one of the coolest fight from season 2.

How the fuck is this anime still close to 8.0? this shit deserves a 7.0 or lower at this point. Fuck you J.C Staff.
May 21, 2019 12:13 PM
Apr 2016
While the animation was horrid, this episode was rather enjoyable. The guy was strong, but compared to Saitama he's nothing...
May 21, 2019 12:17 PM

Dec 2012

Tatsumaki's legs/10 this ep.
May 21, 2019 12:18 PM
Dec 2015
Saitamagenos100 said:
99% opm s2 work by animators of shoujo, no power, impact and passion. But i hope they remake all eps for bd disc, because bd disc release 8/27 (delay almost 2 months) form last eps

Can they do that? Remake the episodes to be better? Cause God Almighty, this episode surely needs it, along with the rest of the season for that matter.
May 21, 2019 12:19 PM
Oct 2016
animation has decayed a lot in these last episodes but it is not only this until the jokes are bad hand.

or it is me who is getting annoying even taking the last scene of the Saitama that was cool but was harmed by the animation "๐Ÿ˜ฆ๐Ÿ™
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2019 12:20 PM
Dec 2015
For so long I've been giving JC Staff the benefit of the doubt, but this episode not only felt rushed but just felt a powerpoint presentation on speedrun. How the show has fallen from its glory Madhouse days is unfathomable. If it were me, I'd have Wit Studio, Cloverworks or Bones animate season 2.
May 21, 2019 12:26 PM

Oct 2018
I like how the martial arts fight was adapted.
Some mixed action animation this time around, some horrendous, some half-decent.
The comedy was good though, I really liked this tournament arc in the manga.
ใ€๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ผโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ตโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ทโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ดโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ซโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฑโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹ ๐Ÿ‡ฉโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ชโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ธโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฎโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ฌโ€‹๐Ÿ‡ณโ€‹ใ€‘

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

May 21, 2019 12:28 PM
Apr 2019
I really liked the Saitama Suiryu Fight it was funny.
May 21, 2019 12:32 PM
Apr 2016
I finally get it now. Saitama's whole existence and power is the manifestation of Hero's Will, their desire for justice! And as long as true heroes exist he will keep being invincible.
Re:formed
May 21, 2019 12:41 PM
Dec 2017
Man, this was a bad episode (if you've read the manga. Anime only watcher might of liked it). They cut out the dialogue between Mumen Rider and Tank Top Master, which was suppose to parallel the insults that Suiryu was throwing at heros. The parallelism was supposed show how hard the heros were working and trying to protect innocent people while Suiryu was bashing them for being useless. It was pretty deep, only to get tossed out the window.
May 21, 2019 1:12 PM

Jul 2016
Well, this episode was just as boring as the manga chapter it was based on.

NEXT!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2019 1:18 PM
May 21, 2019 1:21 PM
Apr 2019
Is this One Punch Man or One Twerk Man?
May 21, 2019 1:35 PM

Dec 2016
5/5
One of the best episodes
It's all about Saitama๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ‘Œ
May 21, 2019 1:41 PM

Apr 2013
Need more TATSUMAKI and Garou, cant complain about Saitama screentime this episode
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
May 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Oct 2011
I laughed super loudly when Saitama's pants fell off. Good episode

May 21, 2019 1:45 PM

Apr 2015
And it manages to get even worse... makes me really sad to see such a great work that is loved by some many people receiving this kind of treatment.
May 21, 2019 2:03 PM

Jul 2014
The first half is quite forgettable, between the fast pace and the lack of flow between the scenes with the constant cuts, things just happen and no particular scene has any kind of impact.

Well, there was something really good, TATSUMAKI'S LEGS, damn those thighs! I want them to sandwich me.

The second half was hilarious, between Saitama holding his wig and then beating Suiryu with a Keijo!!!!!!!!! attack it was very funny. The fight itself was decent, had some hype moments but others where I didn't know if I was watching a mix of The Promised Neverland with Dragon Ball Super episode 5 or OPM.

To finish, I love Lin Lin's design, I hope she participates somehow in the series and is not just a throwaway character with a great design. And they are really hyping the Watchdog Man, I hope he doesn't disappoint... him, not the animation.

Mod edit: one screenshot per post
BarnaldMay 29, 2019 7:42 AM
May 21, 2019 2:11 PM
Mar 2018
The anime isn't getting any better. You can easily see it looking at the distribution of votes in the poll this time, they're trying to fit in too much in too little time. No information was given to us regarding the monster association, the S class hero introduction was too fast and unlike some of the previous episodes, the animations really felt lacking in this one particularly.

Suriyu VS Saitama wasn't hype at all, I just didn't feel as excited as watching it than watching the Lord Boros fight. Instead of combining the Monsters vs S class heros fights and the martial arts tournaments, they should have dedicated enough time for each but alas we have to live with this.

Disheartening
May 21, 2019 2:14 PM

Sep 2014
Tournament ended as expected with Saitama getting revealed.

Not quite as many cuts as in the last episode as well, nice.

The animation is finally getting worse and worse, just as I expected. The colouring on the metal parts were just gross.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
May 21, 2019 2:15 PM

Feb 2019
Seriously how can there be people who defend this show at this point? only with its forced excuses, this episode is very bad, the S1 was memorable for its excellent animation and comedy, it does not deserve merit because it simply has not managed to do any of that, just to be called "One punch man" it does not save it, it's still a show of an invincible bald guy who does not care about his life and nothing around him.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.