Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 3, 2020 7:42 PM
May 2016
Decent fight on Nezuko, little weird MC fight in the swamp and swamp full of mud even the sound looks like dive in mud not water and it's really hard to see in mud and move, we know he already training in water and harsh mountain but in the mud, that was a different league.
There's Tokyo when Taishou Era, fashion, surroundings, building, transportation(but I don't see automobile maybe next eps.)
and Muzan who looks like Michael Jackson just like MJ makes other people dance, Muzan makes other people become Oni. start to interesting.
Feb 9, 2020 9:30 AM
Feb 2018
That was a great episode. Muzan looks amazing and very intimidating. Looks like a good villain. Who would have thought he was living the human life.
Mar 13, 2020 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
Floor demon thing's noises confused the shit out of my dog. Great start.
Mar 27, 2020 3:40 PM
Jul 2013
Vsegda7 said:
Kidnapped girl who saw nothing, piece of cloth with 'trophies' from missing people.. am I the only one thinking that poor guy is gotta get caught for serial murder?

I was thinking about how he'll explain to girl's parents what just happened, probably accused of kidnapping/rape, but yeah, if anyone seen him with all these trophies, he's in real trouble.

It's funny to me how Tanjiro did not hesitate to go underground into demon's reality, even though he didn't know a thing about it, or to leave Nezuko behind in a new city and storm off tracing demon scent, but at the key moment when he found Muzan, he couldn't do shit because of his family. Shonen at its best.
Welp, now that Muzan has been found out he should turn Asakusa into a zombieland.
Apr 4, 2020 1:36 PM

Oct 2013
It was pretty boring until the end, this Muzan character got me a bit more interested in the series at the end. I still haven't watch a single episode of this series so far that give me the urge to find out what happens next.

It is going to take a while for me to finish this series with the pace I'm going, hopefully it gets more interesting its far too basic for my taste so far.
keragammingApr 4, 2020 1:48 PM
Apr 7, 2020 6:03 AM

Jul 2014
This Muzan guy is acting all tough and "kind" at the same time lool
May 11, 2020 5:47 AM
Mar 2020
this episode was very good, the battle against the onis was very good and the scene at the end was very epic
May 23, 2020 12:30 PM

May 2020
Tanjirou's first mission getting intense. Now who stole lolies is a devil. This enemy is pedo
Jun 13, 2020 3:19 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Its a pretty intensed battle on the lake.... Nezuko saved by Tanjirou there. So they both just saved each other, its an equal, good....

Muzan, the reason of the whole demon disaster? Hmm, whatever, then! He really could make people changed into a demon! Goddamned, how could you defeat that jazz star if he hide his identity? Anyway, Tanjirou, don't drop your food! And Nezuko... She kept sleeping, very nice habit you had there, young demon lady! So thats it for this episode.

Not much satisfaction. Lets see how far the meeting with Muzan
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jun 23, 2020 10:14 AM
Jan 2010
That was actually the worst episode of anime I've watched in months, had me in fits there at the end. The writing is fucking laughable. That sense of smell sure is convenient, you can fill up the plot any way you want with it and just cross over all the stuff a writer usually has to think about. Even a child would get insulted by the way the characters constantly have to go on expository monologues about every small little thing. And the plot is nonexistent, the only thing we have is "i LOVE my little sister!" but you wouldn't think it with the way he leaves her helpless on a random street bench in the middle of a bustling city. Instead it just goes from a shitty battle to the next with absolutely no downtime in between. It's just too much.
Jul 10, 2020 10:38 PM

Mar 2020
i would've smoked that nigga infront of his family fuck you mean
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Jul 16, 2020 10:10 AM
Jun 2020
Although the first half felt a lot like filler a lot of plot progression happened in the second half. Finding the only demon that could cure nezuko/the demon that killed his family. i dont understand how tanjiro knew that the oldest demon was the one that killed his family though???
Aug 2, 2020 3:30 AM

Dec 2010
What was this this cliffhanger, I can't take it.
Aug 27, 2020 1:21 PM

May 2016
Nezuko having accumulated two whole years of beauty sleep must be the reason why she's a lot stronger than the usual demon. I wonder if she'll be able to receive combat training later on to make up for her powerful but predictable moveset.

If there's someone who knows about loss, it's Tanjiro, pal. It's nice to see that the guy immediately realized what he meant when he gave him advice to move on forward no matter what. He might as well live on for the sake of those girls who weren't as lucky as the last victim and immortalized them in memory.

After disrespecting that delicious bowl of udon, he surprisingly met up with his greatest enemy but in very complicated circumstances. It's despicable that he'd go as far as to have a human family to use them as hostages if necessary while casually turning other humans into demons willy-nilly.

Sep 2, 2020 10:32 AM

Aug 2020
Eu esperava que ele iria trabalhar como um caçador de recompensas ou coisa do tipo, se ele apenas recebe uma missão seguida da outra, de onde ele recebe o dinheiro para viajar de cidade em cidade? Como funciona a economia de Kimetsu?

Ele é obrigado a realizar uma missão atrás da outra? E se ele se cansar do trabalho? Ele não pode simplesmente se demitir ou dar um descanso? Ou o trabalho dele é o pagamento pela espada especial?

Então o Muzan Kibutsuji é o único que consegue transformar os outros em demônios? Eu achei que ele seria de uma linhagem e que existiriam outros semelhantes a ele. Se ele é o único, isso não torna as coisas mais fáceis? Eu sei que o Tanjirou não está no nível dele, mas se ele se unir a outros caçadores, eles podem acabar com isso com facilidade, certo?
Sem Muzan Kibutsuji = Sem demônios = Paz mundial

Eu gosto de um universo bem construído, se as coisas são diferentes da realidade eu quero saber como isso afeta os aspectos da humanidade e coisa do tipo.

Tirando a minha chatice de lado, a direção de arte está muito consistente! Sem deformação na face, movimentação de combate fluida e o uso de CGI foi perceptível, mas muito suave e perfeitamente aceitável. Sem dúvida a animação de Kimetsu é um dos pilares do seu sucesso.

//

I hoped he would work as a bounty hunter or something, if he just gets one mission followed by another, where does he get the money to travel from city to city? How does the Kimetsu economy work?

Is he obliged to carry out one mission after another? What if he gets tired of work? Can't he just quit or take a break? Or is his job paying for the special sword?

So Muzan Kibutsuji is the only one who can turn others into demons? I thought he would be of a lineage and that there would be others similar to him. If he is the only one, doesn't that make things easier? I know that Tanjirou is not at his level, but if he joins other hunters, they can easily end this, right?
No Muzan Kibutsuji = No demons = World peace

That aside, the art direction is very consistent! No face deformation, fluid combat movement and the use of CGI was noticeable, but very smooth and perfectly acceptable. Undoubtedly Kimetsu's animation is one of the pillars of his success.

(Sorry for baka english)
Unlimited Rulebook, boku wa kimegao de sou itta.
Sep 17, 2020 1:41 AM

Jun 2020
what an episode! really thrilling and i even exclaimed OH SHIT at that end when he turned that man. damn muzan what a demon, so stylish & the voice acting suited his character so well, i'm entralled!

also nezuko is INSANELY cute

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 19, 2020 10:05 AM

Mar 2010
I"m a sucker for these end game encounters with the last boss and yet he is too inexperienced and too damn flustered to do shit. He just ran in there with a game plan that just crashed and burned he needed more back up or some shit.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Oct 10, 2020 4:16 PM

Dec 2015
Kill the woman and the kid, see if he cares at all. This show has no hesitation in killing innocent people for shock value anyway, so why not. Also, at least my sister is alive and I had 2 years to grieve and a goal, but be sure to move on pretty please, pal. What a power move. Also, here is a souvenir from swamp-world so that you can get charged with multiple kidnapping and murder.
Dec 24, 2020 6:05 PM

Dec 2020
i was just thinking "man, udon sounds great right now!" AND THEN HE DROPPED THE BOWL
"give up on your dream and die" -levi ackermann
Jan 1, 2021 8:50 AM

Jul 2015
Rip bowl of udon, wasted but its taste not forgotten...
Muzan really out here looking like a smooth criminal. Seems like Tanjirou's kindness is a double-edged sword, I bet if that one guy from the test encountered muzan he wouldn't have hesistated at all in trying to slay him.

Feb 16, 2021 5:30 AM

Feb 2014
oh shit, that was an interesting development!!
If you don't like me, acquire some taste
Mar 10, 2021 10:16 PM

Jun 2009
Pretty stupidly written lol. There's no way that guy doesn't get blamed for all the murders.
Mar 10, 2021 10:33 PM

Jan 2011
seems a bit early to show off the final boss
Apr 5, 2021 5:53 AM

Feb 2019
Tanjiro should've killed this Michael Jackson demon as he was passing him by to save the other person, I'm sure he wouldn't have seen it coming.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Apr 30, 2021 9:00 PM

Oct 2019
What an episode. 5/5
Muzan and Wing have the same va, did not expect that!
May 2, 2021 3:13 AM

Apr 2013
I did not expect them to find the big demon boss already. Don't know why he's hesitating to kill him, he was just filled with rage a moment ago.
May 20, 2021 7:41 AM

Apr 2021
May 22, 2021 4:35 AM

Jul 2013
Gator said:
I did not expect them to find the big demon boss already. Don't know why he's hesitating to kill him, he was just filled with rage a moment ago.

Tanjiro's hesitating because Muzan is holding a child. The bastard is basically using a little girl as a shield.

Anyway, I'm rewatching the show and I didn't remember just HOW MUCH NARRATION the characters give to their thoughts. The episode could've been five minutes shorter if they'd just cut most of it. We can actually see the moving pictures, you don't have to say "he's swimming around me" and stuff.
May 24, 2021 3:55 AM
Mar 2021
The episode was just good what else to say
Jun 2, 2021 12:37 PM
Jul 2018
Muzan Kibutsuji wants a quiet life!
Jun 4, 2021 10:39 PM
Mar 2021
that was pretty intense damn
Jun 7, 2021 12:58 AM
Mar 2021
Lol. I had training in thin air so I can easily stay underwater for 5 minutes. Lmao. That's just dumb writing.
Jun 11, 2021 10:23 AM
Mar 2021
Jun 11, 2021 4:03 PM
Mar 2021
Jun 19, 2021 9:14 PM

Feb 2014
Wait why can't Nezuko regenerate quickly like other demons? Like I know that she sleeps to recover, but like the demons who eat humans recovery quickly even when...they're not actively eating humans...Does eating humans give you some sort of passive recovery?

Oooh he found Muzan Kibutsuji! Why didn't his whole family get turned into demons though? I guess he got his fill then only made Nezuko a demon? Wonder what's gonna happen next!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 28, 2021 8:23 AM
Aug 2020
So am I the only one who noticed the similarities to FMAB? We got a sibling pair, one of which has lost their body/humanity and they try to get it back, while the antagonist is a non-human monster who plays family with a wife and kid? Hmm.
Jul 24, 2021 12:57 PM
Feb 2021
I want to appreciate the fact that Tanjiro did not try to play down Kazumi's loss with his backstory.
Aug 26, 2021 4:37 AM
Mar 2021
Nezuko is just too strong.
Sep 22, 2021 4:09 AM

Jun 2016
Tanjiro managed to kill the demon, but I'm still wondering how that guy would be able to explain how he has all the vanished girls possessions on him. He'd be a suspect, would he not... I guess he's lucky then that demons exist.

To run into Muzan so early, Tanjiro doesn't have the best of luck.

Oct 6, 2021 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty clunky animation, absolutely not inspired. Even MAPPA is doing better.
Oct 18, 2021 1:29 AM

Feb 2014
Tanjirou being a weak willed, indecisive idiot and showing mercy to demons yet again, and as a result, ended up getting two people killed.

towelgirl21 said:
Gator said:

Tanjiro's hesitating because Muzan is holding a child. The bastard is basically using a little girl as a shield.

Anyway, I'm rewatching the show and I didn't remember just HOW MUCH NARRATION the characters give to their thoughts. The episode could've been five minutes shorter if they'd just cut most of it. We can actually see the moving pictures, you don't have to say "he's swimming around me" and stuff.

That's shounenshit for you. They're even worse than regular anime when it comes to braindead narration and exposition, treating the audience as if they're a bunch of retards.

Yeah, douchebag, the people who die when they're killed. I can see it. I can put two and two together. You don't need to explain every damn thing.

And then there was this cringy moment from this episode. All we needed to see was him showing his realization through his facial expressions and body language, and maybe some "emotional" background music to drive it home. But instead, he blurts out what is already obvious to anyone with more than 2 brain cells to work with.
Oct 22, 2021 9:29 AM

Jul 2017
Forgot to write in the episode thread after seeing this episode yesterday again. The writing for the fight felt a bit clunky throughout with Tanjiro and his senses and abilities but overall, not a bad episode. I think it did help that the cliffhanger with Muzan definitely was by far the most tense part of the series so far, which for how grim it is at times with Tanjiro's family being murdered, etc, has felt very lacking in real tension. It was a good cliffhanger I have to say.
Nov 13, 2021 6:24 PM

Sep 2015
The art for the crying animation, is nice and interesting

Tokyo city gave me just as much surprise as it did to Tenjiro

AWWW MAN!! He dropped the bowl of Udon,
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Dec 28, 2021 3:50 AM

Nov 2014
Looks like we get to see our main antagonist? He's surprisingly cool though. I'm excited to know more about him.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 17, 2022 7:04 PM
Oct 2021
will admit weird seeing the final boss this early felt a little rushed, but im starting to get use to the odd pacing of the show. i loved that fight scene and seeing Nezuko fight is always a treat. she still a cutie tho.
the ending to this episode is a definite wtf moment lol. cant wait to see what happens next.
May 26, 2022 7:54 AM
Apr 2022
Wow muzan hates tanjirou but he dont show
These feelings
Aug 1, 2022 1:14 AM

Jul 2017
This one was kind of weird? I'm not too impressed with the design of the bad guy. Then he just turns some guy into a demon right in the middle of a crowd. I really wonder how the common person does not know about demons with all of the stuff going on.
Dec 16, 2022 4:43 PM

Mar 2019
I never understood why Muzan does this. There has to be a story to how this all started so I'm hoping we get a story in the future.

Not a fan of the transformation thing at all, I can't watch it!
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jan 1, 2023 7:46 PM
Nov 2022
rest in peace ramen ;-;. 3/5
Jan 27, 2023 10:44 PM
Jan 2023
shit is mid pokemon
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

» Bad animation?

Leon888 - Yesterday

29 by Yellow2000 »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

228 by skatensleep »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RebelPanda - Jun 15, 2019

309 by skatensleep »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

201 by skatensleep »»
May 10, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2019

216 by skatensleep »»
May 9, 11:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.