Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 8, 2019 5:27 PM
Apr 2016
Mine's probably Hajime no Ippo, it's not comedy only though.
May 8, 2019 5:56 PM

Sep 2018
In no particular order-
-Konosuba 2
-Hinamatsuri (that celebration party hina threw for nitta may be the most I've laughed at any moment in anime)
-Asobi asobase
-Nichijou
-Saiki k.
-Also liked the comedy (but especially the reaction faces were hilarious) in prison school
-Some moments from kaguya sama as well.
May 8, 2019 6:01 PM
That's a pretty close tie between Tanaka and Kaguya. I think from a purely comedic standpoint, Kaguya made me laugh more. On the other hand, I enjoyed Tanaka a bit more due to its relaxing atmosphere.
May 8, 2019 6:02 PM

Aug 2016
I love most comedy anime, but for the most underrated show would be Aho Girl
(っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ 🆃🆁🅰🅿🆂 🅰🆁🅴🅽"🆃 🅶🅰🆈 🅻🅾🅻 ♥
May 8, 2019 6:38 PM

May 2017
My Best Comedy:
- Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
- Seitokai Yakuindomo
- Nichijou
- Gintama
- SKET Dance
- Grand Blue
- Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan
May 8, 2019 7:19 PM

Aug 2014
School Rumble. No contest.

My brother claims to hate anime, but loves this one. We fell over laughing a few times while watching it together.

Here's a wallpaper I edited.

May 8, 2019 10:39 PM
Feb 2019
Lucky star,gabriel droput,konosuba,lovely complex
May 8, 2019 10:50 PM

Aug 2018
deg said:

my dick got hard more watching that and the jokes are not that funny for me

did you watch it dubbed or subbed, the subbed version honestly isn't that funny but the dub is so over the top it makes the series infinitely better.
May 8, 2019 11:33 PM

Dec 2018
i laughed a lot when watch Grand blue and Saiki Kusuo, really ..
May 9, 2019 12:15 AM

Oct 2010
Aho Girl is insanely funny and Kitakubu too. I never had a straight fave while watching those. In kitakuvu they even made a parody out of cristiano ronaldo and lionel messi.
Edit forgot about ghost stories dub. I have no words to describe the comedy
CatalanoMay 9, 2019 12:19 AM
May 9, 2019 4:56 AM

Aug 2018
D-Frag for me, even if how many times ive seen it but still im like watchin it for the 1st time couz of how funny every ep of it
B O C C H I  S W E E P
May 9, 2019 2:04 PM

May 2016
i honestly haven't seen much of comedy anime but atm i'm watching konosuba. i think when i finish it i'll like it a lot for it to be a favorite comedy of mine

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
May 9, 2019 8:45 PM
Aug 2008
I haven't seen a lot of pure comedies, but my favorite so far would have to be Tentai Senshi Sunred. It has great sketches and I also love the characters in this one, especially General Vamp.

I enjoyed Stink Bomb from the "Memories" collection of short films as well. The sheer absurdity of the scenario will forever make it a classic for me.

RogertheShrubber said:
did you watch it dubbed or subbed, the subbed version honestly isn't that funny but the dub is so over the top it makes the series infinitely better.

I agree completely. The guy who did the english voice for Kintarou was so into it, that alone makes it my preferred way to watch Golden Boy.

Catalano said:
forgot about ghost stories dub. I have no words to describe the comedy

A true man of culture.
May 9, 2019 8:47 PM

Aug 2012
Nichijou is my absolute favorite! Kudos to Mitsudomoe, too.
"Could you not talk with me? I'm busy breathing."
May 10, 2019 1:18 AM
Aug 2018
There's a lot actually but first show comes to mind is konosuba, Grand blue, Asobi asobase, Dansh, Hinamatsuri, Sakamoto, Kaguya etc. forgot the rest lol
May 10, 2019 8:01 AM
Oct 2018
Cromartie is best- hands down.

Then Inferno Cop (and, is Tatami galaxy "comedy"? if so, it goes here)

After that, i'd bunch together stuff like Hinamatsuri, Detroit Metal City, Roujin Z, Welcome to the NHK, GTO, Shonan Junai Gumi, Eden of the East, Princess Jellyfish, Space Dandy.
May 10, 2019 11:00 AM
May 2019
I don't watch much comedy anime, but the first to come in mind is Aho Girl. Yoshiko is legitly cute, and I love bananas.
May 10, 2019 12:40 PM
Oct 2017
Hinamatsuri (Hina Festival) I was not expecting to LOL the whole time while watching it but that's just how it turned out, it's comedy gold.
May 10, 2019 5:06 PM
Mar 2016
One Piece, before the timeskip, made me laugh my ass off. Beelzebub is funny asf too
May 10, 2019 9:01 PM

Jul 2007
Dr. Slump and Arale-chan is the most hilarious.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

May 13, 2019 8:30 AM

Jul 2014
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou for sure.
May 13, 2019 9:35 AM

Aug 2015
99% of comedy anime just isn't funny. But these are still good:

-Joshiraku
-Nichijou
-Cromartie Highschool
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
-Tatami Galaxy
May 13, 2019 9:50 AM

Feb 2014
Nichijou
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou
Hataraku Maou-sama
Azumanga Daioh
KonoSuba
Sora no Otoshimono
Carnival Phantasm

One of the few comedy anime that have actual (and good) situational comedy, instead of the usual braindead tsukkomi routine where they ruin the joke by explaining it to you (often as loudly as possible) as if the viewers are drooling retards.
May 13, 2019 9:54 AM

Jul 2016
Seitokai Yakuindomo for me, i always laugh whenever i watch it or read the manga
May 13, 2019 9:55 AM
Sep 2018
Kaguya sama and saiki k are the best ones. Also konosuba.

My theory is that the only people who are not saying kaguya-sama are the ones who haven't watched it yet.

Do yourself a favour and watch it NOW
May 13, 2019 10:06 AM
Dec 2018
Plastic Nee-san easy
Grand Blue is hilarious
Asobi Asobase's top tier
Tsurezure Children
Hinamatsuri
Seto No Hanayome
Seitokai Yakuindomo
Non non Biyori
And GTO
Those are really fun to watch
May 13, 2019 12:45 PM

Nov 2015
sprouse said:
What’s your favourite comedy anime of all time? The anime that makes you can’t stop laughing the whole time beside the very famous one like gintama. I think if talking about comedy, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and asobi asobase are those that im dying for.

Honestly I have no idea how I discovered it but Baka and Test had me absolutely dying with laughter every episode. I've never watched anything more funny than that show, and it's one of the highest-scored series on my list.
May 13, 2019 12:52 PM

Sep 2016
My top 3 was Grand blue, Hinamatsuri, and Konosuba!
May 13, 2019 12:55 PM
Mar 2016
Great teacher onizuka all day everyday
May 13, 2019 12:57 PM
May 2019
its a tough decision between ghost stories or prison school
May 13, 2019 5:30 PM
May 2019
Definitely Asobi Asobase and Saiki, both are continuously funny every episode.
May 13, 2019 5:36 PM

Jul 2014
SadMadoka said:

My brother claims to hate anime, but loves this one. We fell over laughing a few times while watching it together.

I agree. This is the only one I found myself consistently enjoying.
May 14, 2019 1:31 AM

Feb 2016
deg said:

my dick got hard more watching that and the jokes are not that funny for me
deg for best comedy of Spring 2019, cried at this comment.
Milk_is_Special said:
Great Teacher Onizuka is the best comedy and the best anime in general.
Since you only said GTO. It's not in my favorites right now, but I can agree with this claim 100% This show made me laugh to the point of crying and then continue crying because of the emotional scene. The facial expressions of Grand Blue made me look up other anime with similar style and I stumbled across GTO.
Nabelia said:
My top 3 was Grand blue, Hinamatsuri, and Konosuba!
I started GB manga right before they animated it, laughs did not stop the whole time I was reading. Hinamatsuri made me cry when the Hina and Anzu were playing Rock Paper Scissors. Konosuba will never leave my top 20 as I have the Aqua, Darkness and Megumin nendoroids right next to me. I can't betray those by my side (literally).
SadMadoka said:

School Rumble was so good that I couldn't bring myself to watch the 2nd season because I knew it would be over after that.

As for my all time favorite comedy, it would have to be Seitokai Yakuindomo. There are only two characters that play the "straight man," Taka(male mc) and Suzu (1 of 3 female mc). The rest of the cast consists of almost all perverted female characters. Nothing makes me laugh more than girls telling dirty jokes. There are obvious parts that aren't as funny since I'm a guy and some of the jokes are aimed at the female audience. Jokes about the girls having periods aren't so funny to me PERIOD(lol)

2nd favorite is Yuru Yuri. This show really puts you in a good mood and my favorite character Sakurako is lazy, forgetful and as much a glutton as me. All while being on the slimmer side. Only thing we don't share is I'm not a bi-curious 13 y.o. female.

Honorable mentions would have to include Love Lab, Working!, Lucky Star, Gintama(only 164 episodes in) and I can't forget...

Azumanga Daioh
Ayumu "Osaka" Kasuga is literally Sakurako. They stop calling her Ayumu the first episode because one of the characters nicknames her Osaka. When the new year school year comes around, she almost cries because her name isn't on the class roster with all her friends. Funny thing is, even the teacher calls her Osaka and wrote that down instead of her birth name.
“The world is full of nice people. If you can't find one, be one.”
― Nishan Panwar
8=D ~ O:
May 14, 2019 8:02 AM
Sep 2018
The disastrous life of Saik K, Grand Blu, Persona 4 and Asobi Asobase are gold
Durfesth21May 14, 2019 8:09 AM
May 14, 2019 8:17 AM

Nov 2010
Easily Welcome to the NHK for me. The early to mid episodes were especially hilarious!
May 14, 2019 8:18 AM
May 2017
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, Grand Blue, konosuba, one punch man and saiki kusuo
May 14, 2019 8:19 AM
Dec 2017
sprouse said:
What’s your favourite comedy anime of all time? The anime that makes you can’t stop laughing the whole time beside the very famous one like gintama. I think if talking about comedy, Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou and asobi asobase are those that im dying for.

konosuba
D-frag
one piece
gekkan shojo nozaki hun
dragon ball
those had the best comedy in my opinion

Also > KONOSUBA is the best comedy anime ever
Jun 6, 2020 7:48 PM
Aug 2018
Definitely Saiki-Psi nan, konosuba, Grand blue, Danshi no Nichijou, Asobi asobase, One punch, Aho girl, Prison school, High school dxd, K-on, Haganai, Mob psycho, GTO honestly i could go on and on but this list came to my mind when i instantly recalled my list of comedic shows that made me laugh. Definitely gold shows.
Jun 6, 2020 7:52 PM

Oct 2019
Konosuba by far, the movie even more so than the series. I was literally crying with laughter at one point.
Jun 6, 2020 8:00 PM

Jan 2020
Easily Ore Monogatari. It uses misunderstandings that often, I find cliche in other animes, but in Ore Monogatari, they used it in a unique way that's absolutely hilarious.

Also, the anime itself is worth watching for numerous other reasons as well, but the humor is certainly one of the best, if not the best, factor for why this romcom is so great.
Jun 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Aug 2009
Basically any hentai with a bad English dub.

Jun 6, 2020 8:20 PM

Jun 2017
For me, two of the Big Three are:

Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou

From the rest, the ones that might some day become the third are (in no particular order):

Love Lab
Joshikousei no Mudazukai
School Rumble
Joshiraku
Ichigo Mashimaro
Yuru Yuri
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu

Jun 7, 2020 12:35 AM

Aug 2019
For me, the number one is Gintama and after that, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.
Kaguya-sama is also pretty great.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Jun 7, 2020 12:38 AM

Jul 2019
1. Gintama
many places after
Hoozuki no Reitatsu
Saiki K
Grand Blue
Gekan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Kappeki Danshi Aoyama kun
Jun 7, 2020 12:39 AM
May 2020
Geez I have 1st place tie with k-on and himouto umaru-chan

But ghost stories dub is god tier too, solid 2nd place for that
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Current MAL Top 10 Most Popular Anime

LittleStar - 7 hours ago

20 by IKKIsama »»
54 seconds ago

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - May 1

17 by Rinrinka »»
1 minute ago

» Does seinen anime focus on other things besides ultra manliness?

fallout45 - 8 hours ago

31 by Nirinbo »»
5 minutes ago

» J. Michael Tatum Appreciation Thread

APolygons2 - Yesterday

21 by APolygons2 »»
9 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7177 by Hydra_X9K »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.