Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 6, 2019 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So that's the truth of the hundred old demon....

Another emotional episode if you ask me. Even when it's not about the main characters, I feel the show has a great way of expressing itself through its storytelling. The battles were neat too in its unusual way. Hyakkimaru and Jukai have an incredible chemistry.
Stark700May 6, 2019 7:21 AM
May 6, 2019 7:16 AM

May 2016
That was really heartwarming Hyakkimaru and his Oka-chan lol scene.

He still didn't give himself a leg so I guess he is gonna get back his original soon. 5/5
May 6, 2019 7:28 AM

Apr 2016
Preparation were done, next week hype as shit.
May 6, 2019 7:40 AM

Apr 2017
loved this episode. very emotional to see jukai so down on himself. hyakki's little smiles were absolutely precious and i love their chemistry.

god i love this series. it has such a unique and interesting way of storytelling that i've never really seen before. i'm super excited to see where the story will go from here.

also, it looks like prime was actually up on time for once. it seems to have a pattern of being on time and not each week...
May 6, 2019 7:47 AM
Aug 2018
Okay, but how did Hyakkimaru know where to go to find Dororo?
May 6, 2019 7:51 AM
Nov 2018
Very beautiful to see that hyakkimaru recognized the love, concern and care of jukai with him. He is his family when he cared about his son.

I hope that Hyakkimaru takes revenge on his family just as Edmond Dantes Dantes took revenge on his enemies, that his mother, father and brother have a fate horrible like Danglars, Mondego and Villefort.

The only family of hyakkimaru are jukai and Dororo, his biological family are his enemies.

May 6, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2018
Was that cameo by master Splinter?
May 6, 2019 8:26 AM

Jul 2017
Damn what a buildup, seems like we're gonna have the final showdown at the island. Still have to deal with shark boy and lavagirl.

But wow first Dororo has to make a big decision now Hyakki's being questioned as to whether it's worth it or not

Erabel said:

He seemed to have asked that villager/traveler. As to how he knew well who knows
May 6, 2019 8:36 AM
Apr 2016
Poor Hyakkimaru, it's his body - he has the right, whether it takes away other people's value, it's still his body. People keep trying to make Hyakkimaru stop pursuing his body, but seems like Hyakkimaru will proceed to adamantly want to get his body back. Well, it was a sweet episode.
May 6, 2019 8:53 AM
Jul 2016
Okaa chan ... 😂
May 6, 2019 9:12 AM
Dec 2018
How a lovely episode... Okay, I'm cry twice this time
I love how the storytelling work here
All that moment with Hyakkimaru and Jukai give me multiple feels I would rewatch this episode hundred times
Guess Hyakki called Jukai as "Okaachan" because Dororo always saying she miss her Okaachan

Also, anyone notice the little change on ED visual?
May 6, 2019 9:12 AM
Feb 2017
It was so beautiful 😍
Everyone keeps worrying about how Hyakki would kill people and become a demon, saying they" can't save him" , but now, he pretty much "saved" Jukai and gave him a will to live.
It was what Hyakkimaru really needed at this moment, now he is so much calmer and happier.

Tahoumaru on the other hand, clearly didn't learn his lesson. No, it wasn't that your feelings "blunted your sword" it's that you just suck XD.
May 6, 2019 9:13 AM
Feb 2017
MOMOpatisierre said:

I did, even though I didn't get to watch full ending on this ep because it's cut everywhere on yt...
Edit :now that I watched it fully, I can tell there's rice on a person's hands, possibly the one Mio bought?
YzmaMay 6, 2019 9:19 AM
May 6, 2019 9:29 AM

Mar 2017
Oh fuck, this episode really got me. I cried through the whole thing!
It's so sad that either Hyakkimaru or Tohomaru has to die. It's also so painful how much of a burden Hyakkimaru has on his shoulders at such a young age and the shit he's had to deal with.

His reunion with Jukai made me burst into tears too, especially the part where Hyakkimaru calls him Okaasan... damn.
May 6, 2019 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
I really enjoyed this episode, can't wait for the next one.
May 6, 2019 9:36 AM

Nov 2016
What a beautiful episode, but even more sad shit is about to go down.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 6, 2019 9:40 AM
Dec 2018
Yzma said:
MOMOpatisierre said:

I did, even though I didn't get to watch full ending on this ep because it's cut everywhere on yt...
Edit :now that I watched it fully, I can tell there's rice on a person's hands, possibly the one Mio bought?

the visual get clearer now!! <3
But I can't see someone hand's with rice? I though that was a water drop or something
Also, a cut that some fans thought was a pregnant woman are wrong
May 6, 2019 9:42 AM
Jul 2017
So neat.

Oka-chan never meant so much for an old dude.
May 6, 2019 9:44 AM
Feb 2017
MOMOpatisierre said:

But I can't see someone hand's with rice? I though that was a water drop or something

I don't know how to show it to you, but it's right before the one with legs and hands pulling down a skirt.
I'm beyond satisfied with this week's episode
May 6, 2019 10:11 AM
Feb 2018
I still didn't get how did hyakkimaru find out dororo position
Also rip splinter 😢
May 6, 2019 10:22 AM
Apr 2016
Ayyyyyyyyyy the second time we see Splinter get offed... The first was Borderlands 2.
kater_tot said:
It's so sad that either Hyakkimaru or Tohomaru has to die. It's also so painful how much of a burden Hyakkimaru has on his shoulders at such a young age and the shit he's had to deal with.

His reunion with Jukai made me burst into tears too, especially the part where Hyakkimaru calls him Okaasan... damn.

Mark my words Tohomaru lives through this series, Hyakkimaru does not.
Daniel_NaumovMay 6, 2019 10:30 AM
Re:formed
May 6, 2019 10:22 AM
Dec 2018
Great episode but how exactly did hiyakkimaru know where dororo was?
May 6, 2019 10:53 AM

Oct 2016
Jukai best mother 2019.. 1969..
May 6, 2019 10:55 AM

Aug 2008
Batster13 said:
Great episode but how exactly did hiyakkimaru know where dororo was?

probably asked if wasseen a kid around :))
The spider is watching
May 6, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2017
A very emotional episode. I hope this anime will have a nice end I didn't see any, spoilers and that's great.
May 6, 2019 11:17 AM

Feb 2016
Now we are finally back to the good stuff after 5 meh episodes. The Oka-chan scene really hit me hard on the feels. Tahomaru seems to have made his mind up and will hunt Hyakkimaru until the end of the world. It seems its time to deal with the Shark guy and from the looks of it, Tahomaru will confront Hyakkimaru on that island after whatever happens there. Can't wait for next week

Tsukihi_Phoenix said:
A very emotional episode. I hope this anime will have a nice end I didn't see any, spoilers and that's great.

You can't see any spoilers because Dororo's manga never finished and Mappa is reinventing it.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
May 6, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
The last scene was really something. Overall this was pretty good buildup episode. Hopefully by the next episode Hyakkimaru will encounter Dororo.
May 6, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2016
The reunion was so beautiful. The big man cares so much about Hyakkimaru.

Hyakki called the big man "okka-chan" . Haha. Surprised that he doesn't say 'oira' when speaking.

Blimey, the big guy was so touched when Hyakkimaru called him mother. He felt alive after so many years.

Looks like Hyakki, Dororo and Tahou are going to reunite as well. Kind of want Tahou to join sides with Hyakki, and fight Daigo instead; but I know it won't create a good drama that's needed to make stories interesting.
May 6, 2019 11:37 AM

Aug 2012
It was a k episode but the fact they bring again the false moral dilemma is annoying. There is no dilemma... the demons must be killed. Even if the land prospers the people are dying and getting eaten. What point is having a rich land with no one to enjoy it? Is so stupid!
May 6, 2019 11:42 AM

Nov 2017
Next week is gonna be omoshiroi!!!
May 6, 2019 11:45 AM

Mar 2017
Okaa-chan!!! omg this episode was a rollercoaster of emotions
May 6, 2019 11:48 AM
Mar 2019
First of all I wanna say....THE ED VISUALS JUST GOT BETTER!! I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE GROWN UP DORORO!!! This ep was an ocean of emotions!! It compensated dororo's absence since she always does the emotional work!!
It hit me HARD and broke my heart when hyakki said "there's someone" then tried to feel dororo but realized she wasn't there😭😭😭😭 it was EMOTIONAL as....I don't have the word.
He's REALLY missing her he also said "DORORO" in the end and I cried....
He called jukai oukachan.. very touching!! Dororo & jukai are his family.
He's also getting his leg back in the next ep and will fight his idiot brother😒 of course taho is gonna lose not gonna die.
Again I love dororo hyakki relationship sooooo much he also picks dororo's cheek in next ep
AND IT'S CUUUUTE😣😣😣😣!!!
Someone recommend me afew anime like this masterpiece!!
OmaiwashinduruMay 6, 2019 11:54 AM
May 6, 2019 12:03 PM

Aug 2017
wah, when hyakkimaru called him oka-chan.... T_T
Really good episode! Can't wait to see the brothers face off again.
May 6, 2019 12:33 PM

Mar 2008
aaa that's so cool! (ep 13 vs ep 17) weren't the visuals slowly becoming clearer with each episode? or was it a sudden change? I thought it was changing with each new ep.
also, the ending grew on me. I like it, though nothing will top the first ending.

May 6, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Ayyyyyyyyyy the second time we see Splinter get offed... The first was Borderlands 2.
kater_tot said:

I hope that isn't a spoiler
May 6, 2019 12:41 PM
Apr 2017
Yzma said:
MOMOpatisierre said:

I don't know how to show it to you, but it's right before the one with legs and hands pulling down a skirt.
I'm beyond satisfied with this week's episode

Looks like everyone sees different things because I saw Dororo's face getting clearer at the end
May 6, 2019 12:46 PM

Mar 2014
Really emotional episode.

I fear for Tahomaru
May 6, 2019 12:49 PM
Feb 2017
kater_tot said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

I hope so too
Especially that Hyakkimaru survives in every dororo adaptation so far and that would be upsetting AF
Personally I don't belive either of them would die in the next episode, basing on the pictures on their official website
May 6, 2019 12:57 PM
Apr 2016
Yzma said:
kater_tot said:

I hope so too
Especially that Hyakkimaru survives in every dororo adaptation so far and that would be upsetting AF
Personally I don't belive either of them would die in the next episode, basing on the pictures on their official website

He does? "Hides under fedora"
It is just my prediction based on how the story should evolve in accordance to the values it advertises. But then again, while I did correctly prophesize mother's suicide, her surviving is a surprise, but a welcome one.
Was Hyakkimaru as bloodthirsty in the originals as he is here? I am expecting him to die after fulfilling his "destiny" and ridding world of all those demons, Tahomaru takes over the domain and slowly restores it and Dororo is the narrator of the story, obviously. In this way it would bear a sort of a message, one of many possible. But then again, we will just have to see.
Re:formed
May 6, 2019 1:08 PM
Feb 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Yzma said:

I hope so too

He does? "Hides under fedora"
It is just my prediction based on how the story should evolve in accordance to the values it advertises. But then again, while I did correctly prophesize mother's suicide, her surviving is a surprise, but a welcome one.
Was Hyakkimaru as bloodthirsty in the originals as he is here? I am expecting him to die after fulfilling his "destiny" and ridding world of all those demons, Tahomaru takes over the domain and slowly restores it and Dororo is the narrator of the story, obviously. In this way it would bear a sort of a message, one of many possible. But then again, we will just have to see.

Yeah but Dororo is Osamu Tezuka's work (originally, the dark concept was that the last demon Hyakkimaru would have to kill was Dororo) and it's constantly surprising me about what direction it goes, just like with mother's suicide. Hyakkimaru isn't obsessed with chasing demons, you can see that in this episode, he's really calm about it now (he wasn't even mad when Jukai destroyed the leg) and first thing he does is search for Dororo.

That's not Game of Thrones, they need plot for 6 more episodes 😂

Mod edit: added spoiler tags
BarnaldMay 9, 2019 12:59 AM
May 6, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2016
Hyakkimaru was so cute this episode with the smile and that head-nodding. Nice reunion scene we got there! Also Jukai best okka-chan ever.
May 6, 2019 1:57 PM

Oct 2017
Erabel said:

I'm wondering this too... did he know where the map on Dororo's back led to? And how was he easily able to find it?

Yavimaya said:
aaa that's so cool! (ep 13 vs ep 17) weren't the visuals slowly becoming clearer with each episode? or was it a sudden change? I thought it was changing with each new ep.
also, the ending grew on me. I like it, though nothing will top the first ending.

Ahh so it wasn't just me who noticed how it slowly is getting clearer! I think that making the ED images clearer overtime is so cool :D
May 6, 2019 1:58 PM
Apr 2018
sad as shit man. Feel like the atmosphere of the show is getting darker than it already was.
May 6, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2015
RIP Master Splinter.
May 6, 2019 2:21 PM
Jan 2019
Just a great episode glad ep15 seed to be a one-off
May 6, 2019 3:15 PM
Mar 2015
Great episode The prosthetic maker questioning whether he did the right thing in saving him. Him stating that his right to life is greater than the good his death would do.
In the end it becomes a survival test not a question about life will we kill them before they kill us
May 6, 2019 3:39 PM
Oct 2018
Raizel said:
That was really heartwarming Hyakkimaru and his Oka-chan lol scene.

He still didn't give himself a leg so I guess he is gonna get back his original soon. 5/5

I thought he lost his real leg when he got it eaten by that warp hole demon?
May 6, 2019 4:26 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Beautiful, just beautiful. It might as well be the best episode so far, it manages to show so much and focus on so many different characters at the same time and remain just as interesting no matter what perspective it takes.
I teared up when Hyakkimaru met with the man who raised him, and even more so when they said goodbye and Hyakkimaru addressed him as “mama”. Beautiful.
It looks like we got nothing from shark boy this week, next episode there is going to be a huge showdown between Dororo, Itachi, Sharkboy, Tahomaru and Hyakkimary. Can't wait.

Hyakkimaru: "You're my mama"
mama: 😂
me: 😭😭😢
May 6, 2019 4:34 PM

Sep 2011
An amazing episode. Hyakkimaru's reunion with the doctor delivered! I got worried at first, thinking that the doctor would also try to make him give up on recovering his body for real without trying to understand him at all. But as he answered himself: the people of that domain, which was built upon Hyakkimaru's sacrifice, are Daigo's responsibility and not his. And he doesn't need to have a "reason" to want get back what was stolen from him. The doctor just wanted him to understand that the price to have it back may take its toll on him in the end. He was afraid that Hyakkimaru would lose himself, or become like him, dead inside after seeing hell up close. He does have something akin to survivor's guilt and it was so bad that even the youkai wouldn't touch him. But Hyakkimaru won't necessarily end like him. At least he was able to tell him that he wasn't alone, just for now, but he has Dororo. And he also has him, his "okaa-chan".

It hurt when he refused to give Hyakkimaru another leg, and said that he "couldn't save him" just like his mother did, when it's only thanks to him that Hyakkimaru is still here. But the "okaa-chan" moment made it all worth it. Hyakkimaru cares for him, and this connection made the doctor himself recover something important, using his own words: the "right to die". I just hope he won't die tragically using this right any time soon. I loved the small details too, like the doctor blowing the food so Hyakkimaru wouldn't get burnt without knowing that he had recovered this sense.

The part with Hyakkimaru's mother was nice too. Hyakkimaru survived the deal thanks to that goddess. I mean, I think she is right and it's nice to know. Tahomaru is the one who is stopping to care, he convinced himself that the best for his people is to kill his brother, and it's a pity. I even felt bad for the rat youkai when I should've felt bad for the people it killed to feed its offspring. Well, I wonder how Dororo is holding up, but either way Hyakkimaru is on his way to her! I just hope he recovers his leg before being found by Tahomaru. Fighting all those soldiers like that isn't going to be easy.
May 6, 2019 5:12 PM

Jul 2015
the part where hyakki called jukai his mama..literally ended my existence. how is it possible for hyakkimaru to be so precious
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.