Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 27, 2019 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, the first half of this episode made me face palm a few times mostly because of Fumino and the shirt lifting scene. She and Nariyuki were so conscious during that scene. Super perverted Diet problems really got Fumino concerned about her weight.

Funny to see the Chemistry Club president making her appearance this episode! Sawako just wants to go to same university as Ogata.

Looks like 3+ chapters adapted this episode.
Stark700Apr 27, 2019 10:09 AM
Apr 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Dec 2014
Tummy rubbings, how lewd. I approve. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That was a fun basketball game, Uruka being adorable as always. <3
Apr 27, 2019 10:44 AM

Aug 2013
This was a fin episode.

That basketball game was good. Uruka was great.

Apr 27, 2019 10:58 AM

Jul 2014
Finally! the belly rubbing scene did not disappoint, caught me off guard when they showed Fumino's booty too.

Ogata slowly but surely falling for Yuiga is adorable to say the least.

I don't normally watch Uruka parts but I made an exception this time cause I wanted to see if they'll really adapt Fumino's hair style change which they did thankfully.
Sad this scene didn't make it tho

They also added an OG anime part with Mizuki in the end, iirc that never happened in the manga, lil sis getting some love.
Apr 27, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2016
I think I'm on board of the uraka X nariyuki ship
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 27, 2019 11:58 AM

Dec 2014
nice tsundere side chara
Apr 27, 2019 12:01 PM

Mar 2012
The comedic timing just keep getting better. Also Bokuben special reaction face is utilized to the max.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 27, 2019 12:26 PM
May 2017
Meh, still no Sensei and Fumino's part has been shortened
Apr 27, 2019 12:53 PM
Apr 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
Meh, still no Sensei and Fumino's part has been shortened

Well Sensei officialy introduced at chapter 16 so maybe next episode if they keep this pace 3 chapters/eps..

Its shame about fumino part...

But i like imouto get some screentime..
Apr 27, 2019 12:54 PM

Nov 2016
Dunno if I should be creeped out that Nariyuki knows how his little feels or not.

And lol, girls and their issues with scales. A look in the mirror is more honest, luckily a lot of them seem to be aware of that by now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 27, 2019 1:22 PM

Mar 2013
There's no goddamn way this is a modern series. This has to be some elaborate prank. At the end of the cour, a load of anime staff members are gonna all come out with hidden cameras and tell us the plot for this show came from a 2003 series that was shelved. They can't have actually just done one of these annoyingly dull "wah, I gained weight!" storylines in the year of our lord 2019, can they? It didn't even have an interesting conclusion. What a waste of everyone's damn time.

Nariyuki: A girl's never liked me before!
Uruka, from across town: ...
Apr 27, 2019 2:46 PM

Feb 2016
straggy said:
There's no goddamn way this is a modern series. This has to be some elaborate prank. At the end of the cour, a load of anime staff members are gonna all come out with hidden cameras and tell us the plot for this show came from a 2003 series that was shelved. They can't have actually just done one of these annoyingly dull "wah, I gained weight!" storylines in the year of our lord 2019, can they? It didn't even have an interesting conclusion. What a waste of everyone's damn time.

Yeah, that was kind of how i felt as well. I've enjoyed the first three episodes, but this was trope on boring trope with a side of trope. The saving grace was the new tsundere girl. The rest was omega-meh.
Apr 27, 2019 5:01 PM

Mar 2019
Pudding x squared + eel - f(t) = udon a/b

Hahahaha poor Fumino
Apr 27, 2019 6:46 PM

Jun 2015
The weakness of this series is that the author cannot develop more than 1 girl per chapter or per subscene. That makes it rather episodic.. You know, when girls other than your favorite is on the screen, you can't help but to put only half of your attention(or even not interested) to it and if your favorite is getting screentime, you suddenly go 110% engrossed in it.

To put it simply, if you have 5 heroines and 100 chapters, you will only have 20 chapters worth of plot progress xD
YosepRAApr 27, 2019 6:55 PM
Apr 27, 2019 7:06 PM

Apr 2018
What kind of a little sister makes too much cheese tart and a freaking three layer cake especially considering their financial situation.

    I'm not lazy...
      I'm just very unproductive.

Apr 27, 2019 7:51 PM

Jan 2011
YosepYRA said:
The weakness of this series is that the author cannot develop more than 1 girl per chapter or per subscene. That makes it rather episodic.. You know, when girls other than your favorite is on the screen, you can't help but to put only half of your attention(or even not interested) to it and if your favorite is getting screentime, you suddenly go 110% engrossed in it.

To put it simply, if you have 5 heroines and 100 chapters, you will only have 20 chapters worth of plot progress xD

It's always a bit of a problem that outside of a long LN series, or VN, it's very difficult to develop the depth of relationships to make a true harem series (mc "marries" them all, and the brides are happy with the situation). As a result, the anime treatments in particular often leave you wanting more development, or they go heavy into one route and just leave the other girls hanging. Or worse yet, do a total cop-out with a no choice ending. Although I've only watched a couple of otome shows, they seemed to follow the same pattern but my sample size is too small to base an opinion on.

Each of the three girls got a cute moment or two tonight, and Nariyuki picked up at least a couple of affection points, as well as a possible lust point in the basketball game, so I thought that was pretty good development. Uruka is still clearly the one who thinks most about Nariyuki in a romantic way.

Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 27, 2019 7:58 PM

May 2016
Sekijou was awesome, as I'd hoped! As for Nariyuki comparing Uruka to his sister, I'm sure she's rubbed on him plenty of times in the past.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Apr 27, 2019 8:02 PM

Jun 2015
rodac said:

It's always a bit of a problem that outside of a long LN series, or VN, it's very difficult to develop the depth of relationships to make a true harem series (mc "marries" them all, and the brides are happy with the situation). As a result, the anime treatments in particular often leave you wanting more development, or they go heavy into one route and just leave the other girls hanging. Or worse yet, do a total cop-out with a no choice ending. Although I've only watched a couple of otome shows, they seemed to follow the same pattern but my sample size is too small to base an opinion on.

Each of the three girls got a cute moment or two tonight, and Nariyuki picked up at least a couple of affection points, and a possible lust point in the basketball game, so I thought that was pretty good development. Uruka is still clearly the one who thinks most about Nariyuki in a romantic way.

Yeah, just by glancing at it, to develop such a huge cast in a rather short time with great depth is simply reckless. Even though Gotoubun pulled it out somehow with its special plot setting.

But still, I don't want to lay my hand by complaining too much about this matter since I've been avoiding Harem genre since lately and so I don't know how harem authors handle these kinds of setbacks.

And yeah, by far Uruka is the sweetest among them all.
Apr 27, 2019 8:10 PM
Jan 2019
Fumio Ogata and Uraka parts ❤️❤️❤️
Apr 27, 2019 8:45 PM

Mar 2008
Good episode, semi lewds all around almost.
Apr 27, 2019 9:28 PM
Jan 2017
Does anyone else think Fumino's subplot was resolved too quickly? Seriously, we're just told that she went back to her normal weight. Her subplot was completely inconsequential to the rest of the episode. She doesn't learn anything from Nariyuki, nor does Nariyuki learn anything about her.

Rizu and Uruka's subplots do salvage this episode, what with the introduction of Sekijo and the weird yet hilarious "no bra" scenario. On one subplot, Nariyuki guesses that Sekijo just wants to be friends with Rizu, but Sekijo is just too prideful to admit her emotional vulnerability. On the other, we are treated to some amazing comedy as Uruka attempts to avoid making a scene. This episode might not reach perfection, but it was still a solid and enjoyable experience.
Apr 27, 2019 10:50 PM

Feb 2015
This show is so painfully average in every department, I can already tell there will be zero progress before it ends.
Apr 27, 2019 11:07 PM

Jul 2014
I liked that the episode was divided into three different parts, the three girls are great so it was nice that each one had her moment to shine, even the sister at the end. And speaking of the sister, I like that the show is generous with the fanservice.

I already like Sekijo, she's a lot of fun and what can I say? I love tsunderes, hopefully we'll see more of her.
Apr 27, 2019 11:16 PM
Mar 2017
Wow ... starting the episode with Fumino in the shower was 10/10, Fumino is too feminine and her legs are so long and delicate, but she faces the biggest enemy of a girl, her weight. Now Fumino starts a diet that she has a hard time following because of the temptation to eat the delicious snacks and desserts brought by Yuiga, Uruka and Rizu, I must say that I laughed a lot with the things they brought to eat. The girls' conversation about their weight was fun, how would Uruka know that Rizu's breasts grew with the food she eat? In the end she gets a punishment for Rizu and Fumino for her insensitivity.
In the end Yuiga finds out about Fumino's situation in a very embarrasing way for her, her stomach makes a loud growl and Fumino to prove to Yuiga that she gained weight allows him to touch her beautiful belly ... that scene was dangerous, it's the second girl this season that lets a guy touch her belly, these girls should think how deadly their bodies are. In the end Yuiga discovers that Fumino eats snacks at night and is the main reason for her weight problem, which Yuiga restricts the snacks and changes it for something with less calories and so Fumino recovers her slender figure.
Today we had the pleasure of meeting a new girl, Sekijo Sawako who is opposed to Rizu studying in a humanities university, besides she belive that Rizu made that decision because she wants to go with her boyfriend to the same university and obviously Sekijo believes that Yuiga is Rizu's boyfriend. Being sincere I loved the design of Sekijo's eyes, they looks like the eyes of a cat.
I laughed a lot about how Sekijo is eating udon while Rizu and Yuiga study, in the end Sekijo tries to get information from Yuiga, but he misunderstands that he is popular with girls, but with so much conversation they make little Rizu angry and she takes them out of the restaurant. Yuiga is very intuitive and quickly concludes Sekijo's intentions, she wants to be Rizu's friend but she is very tsundere to admit it. I love when Yuiga gives head pats to Rizu, because she blushes with happiness.
And the episode ends with Uruka who also makes a fatal mistake, she forget to put on her bra and the worst is that they will have a game of basketball and Yuiga is on the opposite team, this makes Uruka feel akward to play well, besides physical contact with Yuiga makes her feel ashamed. Uruka is so cute, I love when she blushes because Yuiga is worried about her, her imagination ends up changing what Yuiga said with the words she most wants to hear from him. In the end Uruka plays without fear, but in an encounter with Yuiga, she ends up landing her breasts in the face of Yuiga and the worst thing is that he notices the sensation of her breasts without bra, which ends up embarrassing poor Uruka more.
Yuiga should be more attentive when talking about the girls' underwear, he received a good blow from Mizuki for his insensitivity.
With the preview of the next episode I can only wait for more fun moments, but seeing little Rizu in the rain made me feel sad.
Apr 27, 2019 11:54 PM

Jan 2014
Sadly i can easily say after watching the first 4 eps(with a little help of the fast forward function) that this is just another meh show to add to the 2019 anime average easily forgotten mediocre list. 5/10
Apr 28, 2019 2:06 AM

Feb 2014
Only Uruka showing a feeling towards Nariyuki...
Apr 28, 2019 2:42 AM

Apr 2011
And that's how it should be.
Apr 28, 2019 5:58 AM
Dec 2013
Furuhashi's uncensored ass tho.
Apr 28, 2019 6:37 AM

Jul 2012
That belly rub was too pure... or impure.

"There are three things you can never get back: The word after it's said, the moment after it's missed, and the time after it's gone."
-Koe no Katachi

Apr 28, 2019 8:26 AM

Feb 2014
If you tell me Uruka isn't best girl, you're wrong.
I dare you to check my PTW list.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Apr 28, 2019 8:30 AM

May 2018
Ok so when will that maid girl appear and what's gonna be her issue?????
Apr 28, 2019 9:38 AM

May 2018
Too many questions regarding this episode, which still made me laughing. I mean, who the hell just agree with showing her tummy and let anyone see it ? And who can directly commenting about girl's underwear without permission (even if that's your own sister) ? OMG okay enough for it.

Anyway, I just realize that Ogata's seiyuu is the same as Gabriel and Sophie, which is very fit to her character. Good picj on there.
Apr 28, 2019 9:55 AM

Mar 2012
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Ok so when will that maid girl appear and what's gonna be her issue?????
Not that much of spoiler but hidden anyway just in case.

Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 28, 2019 10:02 AM

Jul 2014
Other than Sekijo being a fun new character, this episode was honestly annoying. Half an episode of Fumino needlessly worrying about her weight, and then a dull final segment with Uruka isn't a great combination at all.

Also, if Yuiga's family is so dirt poor, why and how did his little sister make the cheese tarts and wedding cake in Fumino's segment?
Apr 28, 2019 10:58 AM

Jan 2017
I've been genuinely impressed with the sound design of the whole series so far, but this episode really went beyond:

* Fumino's voice change when she imagines people laughing at water fleamino (so far, every episode has had a special effects voice gag with Fumino, and I love that this is a thing)
* The Yuiga Engine roaring as he reaches for Fumino's belly
* Nariyui's internal "huh?" echoing to either side (more noticeable in headphones)
* Sekijou's internal "mmm? mmm? mmmm?" going on like that - great vocal direction there
* Nice-sounding basket swoosh
* Great OST all round
* Great voice acting all round

Like, once you start noticing how good the sound design is, there's really a lot to like.

Also, Fumino a best.

(Also also, apparently the Yuiga family can't afford a bra for each day of the week for Mizuki, haha)
Apr 28, 2019 2:40 PM

Dec 2012
HeroVladimir93 said:
Does anyone else think Fumino's subplot was resolved too quickly? Seriously, we're just told that she went back to her normal weight. Her subplot was completely inconsequential to the rest of the episode. She doesn't learn anything from Nariyuki, nor does Nariyuki learn anything about her.
Well the anime did skip an important chapter of hers which was supposed to appear episode 2 or 3.
IshkotenApr 28, 2019 2:44 PM
LightBladeNova said:
It makes me sad to know that still hardly anyone knows what a visual novel is, even in the anime community.
Apr 28, 2019 5:39 PM

Oct 2008
ow fanservice for Fumino!?
how dumb of Uruka forgetting to wear her own bra!
on that last part! i sense a lot of peeping from to her own imouto Mizuki, so MC has a lot of nipslips service from her own imouto huh! that's ERO!!!
4/5.

Apr 28, 2019 5:55 PM

Aug 2015
That belly rub was glorious.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Aug 2018
So, that makes a lot of body contact for our dear Yuiga ! And it seems this will continue next episode with Ogata, according to the short preview after ending credits.

A funny episode overall.
Apr 29, 2019 3:44 AM

Mar 2009
Gotta love Uruka lol.
Apr 29, 2019 9:09 AM

Jan 2013
The scene after the ending song is hilarious
May 1, 2019 4:30 AM

Jun 2017
Damn bubbles, but anyway, that was a good first half of the episode.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
May 2, 2019 2:09 PM
Jul 2018
Flat tummy and boobs in your face, the MC broke into the wicked side of being a harem protag this week, LETS SEE WHERE WE GO NEXT WEEK WAHOOOO
May 9, 2019 7:18 PM
Jan 2019
Hahahaha, a very funny episode.
I noticed that this time they fragmented it into 3 parts. One for each girl.
1. "I feel like I'm doing something wrong" 😂. He had no choice, Furuhashi asked him.
2. "A girl who supports the family [...] Everyone should go to the university they prefer". Wise answer Nariyuki 👏.
3. "Why Ogata does not flinch?" I laughed a lot with those words. LOL.
4. "For the first time in my life I am popular!", Tell that to Uruka.
5. "When you play sports, you shine the most." Nariyuki is a crack 👏.
6. "Mizuki, today if you have one, huh?" Never, but never say that to a girl and less to your sister. LOL 😂.
May 10, 2019 4:00 AM
May 2019
you can fit many hentai tag on this episode
May 30, 2019 2:13 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
The new girl is probably a potential contender, and I wouldn't mind, he's keeping up a strong and steady harem so far, I only wonder if he has enough luck to score that pink haired teacher, only then, his harem would be legendary.
Just who asks their sisters on if they are wearing bras or not. I hope it doesn't descend to the dangerous incest territory. Domestic na Kanojo has fed me enough of that.
Jun 11, 2019 8:30 PM

Aug 2017
First half with Fumino funny and the third (basketball game) was much better.

Bored to death by the new character for the second half.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 1, 2019 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
uraka nice job with no bra and falling on him at the end 😂
Aug 7, 2019 4:05 PM
Apr 2019
Furuhashi in shower? Masterpiece episodd
Aug 8, 2019 10:20 AM
Jul 2019
I'f like Uruka no Basket
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2019

111 by Nova22 »»
Mar 9, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 11, 2019

80 by MrDomovoi »»
Dec 17, 2023 7:12 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 22, 2019

72 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:41 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 15, 2019

92 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:40 AM

Poll: » Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 8, 2019

73 by WELLERM »»
Dec 17, 2023 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.