Forum Settings
Forums

What was the longest time it took you to finish an anime even though it wasn't a long one?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 26, 2019 8:06 AM

Sep 2014
I wanted to binge through Shinsekai Yori for my first rewatch after 5 years but its been over a month and Im still not done. Literally what the frick.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 26, 2019 8:10 AM
Nov 2016
i watched kaichou wa maid sama for about 10 weeks without watching any other during the period

:v
Apr 26, 2019 8:15 AM

Jan 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
silent_knight98 said:
Seriously?! That was my most favorite part of the whole SAO series LOL.

Our tastes must be very different then lol, I couldn't stand it. It felt like filler and it was really boring and honestly there was no point of it, it didn't progress the series in any way.
Yeah i guess XD
Those stuffs i mentioned above dont click with SAO imo. And thats why its annoying sometimes.
Apr 26, 2019 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
It took me more than 2 years to finish the first season of haikyuu. I loved it, though.
Apr 26, 2019 8:49 AM

Jan 2017
I've been watching Gurren Lagann since last year December. I have no idea why it's taking me so long. It's not even bad, it's actually really good but I just get lazy and tend to do something else.
Apr 27, 2019 10:40 AM

Oct 2015
I'm still watching Kemono no Souja Erin and it's been 3 months or so. I enjoy watching it periodically more though as gives me a better sense of progression.
Apr 27, 2019 10:53 AM
May 2017
Isekai Shokudou, the Iyashikei style of storytelling really doesn't suit itself to binging
Apr 27, 2019 1:12 PM

May 2016
Kiznaiver at 167 days. Got almost all the way through, then stopped and remembered I was watching it like a few months later

Apr 27, 2019 1:35 PM
Jan 2018
Whenever an anime is around 12-25 episodes it takes me either 1 or 2 days to finish it. Hell, the last anime I watched, Devilman: Crybaby, took me about 6 hours to complete (I would've finished it sooner if I wasn't checking Discord between episodes). However, It took me about an entire week to watch Girls Last Tour. This is mainly because I was attending school so I was limited to watching about 2-3 episodes after coming home as opposed to having an entire day to watch something while on break or during the Summer. I guess it was a good thing GLT was mainly episodic. Overall it was enjoyable.
Apr 27, 2019 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
Bakemonogatari took me 3 years to finish
Same for Code Geass and Taimadou Gakuen 35 Shiken Shoutai
There also have been a lot of anime I began four or five years ago and still haven't finished

Not that I hate these animes tho (I even like Monogatari Series and Code Geass now I did finish them actually)
Apr 27, 2019 2:51 PM

Nov 2012
So true and weird to see how common it is, they can be shows you like and enjoy watching but no matter how short they are some shows just take extra long to finish.

For me it was To Be Hero, only 12 episodes and each episode is only 11 minutes long. For some reason it took me months to finish this series. I really enjoyed the series and didn't have the same problem with the sequel. It is odd, maybe I was just really bad at making the time to watch that particular series or maybe other shows I was watching at the same time often took priority.
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers
Apr 27, 2019 3:36 PM

Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Just an example:

For now, I've been watching Psycho Pass's first season for about 9 weeks, even though it's only 22 episodes, so not long at all

I enjoy it, it's a good anime, but for some reason I keep stopping watching it for a short period of time, and watch something else meanwhile, then continue it

Shakugan no Shana season 3 took me 4 years to finish. No joke. I watched about 20 episodes over a month back in 2014 and I finished it around september last year. God I hated it. BUT FUCK IT ENDED SO PERFECTLY. Shit pissed me off so much I stopped watching with 4 episodes left even though it was one of my favorite series ever at the time and I was at the stage where I watched anything and everything.
Apr 27, 2019 6:24 PM

Sep 2018
Promised Neverland took me 3 months to finish

Apr 27, 2019 9:11 PM

Sep 2018
Asassination classroom, watched the first few episodes 3 years ago, i haven’t touched it since. and it’s not like i even lost interest i just have been consistently distracted with other shit and haven’t gotten the motivation to come back
Apr 27, 2019 9:51 PM

Apr 2019
Took me 3 months to watch Fate Zero...
LIamaKing1Apr 28, 2019 7:52 PM
Apr 28, 2019 6:06 AM

Nov 2017
A little more than 2 months ago I started watching Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru with 23 episodes. I'm at ep 13 now but im really busy atm

plz @ me
Apr 28, 2019 6:18 AM

Oct 2010
I watch almost all my anime weekly, so a 12 ep series would take me 3 months to finish. Best ex for this thread would be hello kiniro mozaic which took me 1 year to watch it, I put it on on hold list and let it rot there, but then I said: lets finis it, karen was cute.
Apr 28, 2019 6:26 AM

Jan 2018
Chuunibyou. Idk why it took me so long to get through those 12 episodes, but I just refused to drop it, as it was a recommendation from a friend. Needless to say I thought it was the epitome of mediocrity, but I stuck it out. Must've taken me like four months though.

"I am not sure that I exist, actually. I am all the writers that I have read, all the
people that I have met, all the women that I have loved; all the cities I have visited.
"
― Jorge Luis Borges
[url=]Goodreads[/url] | [url=]Letterboxd[/url]

Apr 28, 2019 2:27 PM
Apr 2019
Psycho pass took me about 1year and 8 months to complete just 22 episode.
I watched first 8 episodes for more than 4 time as i would drop it at 8-9 episode every time i started watching, but when i actually finished it a week ago it was really good.
I think it was because of dub that i couldn't watch it so i tried sub this time around and luckily made it through.
Apr 28, 2019 2:35 PM

Feb 2010
Took me a couple of years to finish both Aria and Clannad. The former because I wanted to only watch it when I'm on the right mood, which wasn't the case all that often. The latter because it was very tedious to watch and I only foced myself through it because I wanted to know what the big deal about AS was. I can say that while AS has a handful of great episodes it was overall not worth the trouble.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 28, 2019 2:53 PM

Mar 2018
It took me five years to finish Death Note. Started it 2010, dropped around episode 27 or so, then tried rewatching it a couple more times until I FINALLY finished it in 2015. Runner up goes to Mirai Nikki, which I started in around 2014-2015 but finished in 2018.

EDIT: Totally forgot about Attack on Titan. Watched a good bit of it when it was coming out, but only finished it around the beginning of January this year. That might take the cake.
Apr 28, 2019 3:02 PM

May 2015
It took me around 2 years to finish Nichijou, despite really enjoying it. I just think at one point I wanted to take a break and watch something that wasn't episodic... and never bothered coming back to it. The only reason I ended up finishing it was because Crunchyroll ended their partnership with Funi and it was going to be removed from their site, lmao.

Funnily enough, when I finally got round to watching the last few episodes I'd been saving for years... I realised that it wasn't enough and I wanted more episodes. Its too good of a show.

♡ artist
サコ
Apr 28, 2019 3:02 PM

Apr 2015
To Love-ru, took me 33 weeks to watch 26 episodes. It's just one of those Anime that have a more episodic approach instead of story arcs, which makes it easy to forget you were watching it.
Apr 28, 2019 5:29 PM

Dec 2017
Evangelion I think took about 3 months for me to complete, everything on my on hold and dropped are gonna take longer tho lol

Why don’t we become monsters and really mess up this awful world? Just destroy until there’s no more evil, no more sadness, no more anything…
Wouldn’t that be great?

Apr 28, 2019 6:39 PM
News Team
Demon Spawn

Apr 2017
There are so many I could add here lol.
When I first started watching anime, I was so picky that if I wasn't engrossed in the first 2 minutes, I would just move on and find another one. So, because of that, there were so many gems that I missed out on. Here are a few:

- Gurren Lagann (Started this in about 2016, finished it yesterday)
- Shiki (Probably 2017 but I'm binging it now because omg it's so good what was I thinking)
- Kill la Kill (took about 2 years to finish that)

And there's so many left that are stuck in my "I'll finish it eventually" list, like Re;Zero, Steins;Gate and Haikyuu
Apr 28, 2019 7:14 PM

May 2016
probs death note i think it took me like 3 months to finish the show

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Apr 28, 2019 7:27 PM

Sep 2016
I started A Certain Magical Index in summer 2016 and I finished it January of this year. I didn't even hate it that much, but every time I thought of watching it, my brain would literally shut down.
I skipped the opening, recap, ending and preview of every episode and forced myself through it... I'm on to Railgun finally.
Apr 28, 2019 9:51 PM

Apr 2017
Serial Experiments Lain took me almost a year to finish, because I put it on hold after episode 8. I came back a year later and restarted it from the beginning and enjoyed it more than my initial viewing.
Apr 28, 2019 10:54 PM

Aug 2010
Sword Are Online season one took me 4 years to complete. I don't even know why I completed it...
Apr 29, 2019 12:20 AM

Aug 2018
I've had Hataraku Maou-sama! on hold since like August. It's not even that I don't like it, I just distract myself with other shows.

I guess you could also technically say Kill la Kill since I tried watching it and stopped (twice!) before I could fully commit about two years after the first time I tried watching it.
Apr 29, 2019 12:23 AM

Jul 2016
I've had the first season on Initial D on hold since February last year and still haven't touched it
Apr 29, 2019 4:41 AM

Aug 2012
Too many to name. I do it frequently where I stall anime for years and then come back to them sometimes to the point where I have to re-watch them from the beginning.

The most recent anime I took years to complete was Shirobako, which I had started watching when it was originally airing back in 2014, but I just finished watching it earlier this month. More than four years after I started it. Honestly don't know what took me so long. After I stalled it on episode 6 I watched an episode in 2016, one in 2017, one in 2018, and then after watching episode 10 I gathered up the enthusiasm to finish the series. I enjoyed it. I just have to be in the mood sometimes to watch something and it took me that long to be in the right mood.

I still haven't finished several series that have been stalled for YEARS. But, I'll get back to them eventually...
Apr 29, 2019 5:17 AM
Dec 2017
I'm gonna start from the shortest to longest time of me watching an anime series...

The shortest time of me watching is when I've watched Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu which took me for about 12 hours (?) including the short breaks like going to CR, eating food and whatsoever.

Next is Keijo!!!!!!!! While watching this series, I am undergoing on some serious cramming in my high school wherein I took a lot of all-nighters after beginning the series. Every single episode took me for at least 3 days before watching again a new episode. So, all in all, that's 3 days x 12 episodes = 36 days, about a month and a fourth.

Lastly is No Game No Life. I know, right? It's a short series which ended 4 years ago. Why is this the longest that took me to finish? It's very simple, I had no money to pay for my internet connection and is unable to get to internet cafes to rent because I'm shorthanded on money and it took me 2 years to reconnect my internet connection at home and have a stable income once again. So yeah, more likely I would say that this is my longest time.

Apr 29, 2019 5:20 AM
Oct 2017
I guess it will be some boring anime that I just want to finish for example Fullmetal Alchemist (Start Date: 11-07-17, End Date: 12-02-18)

Or No Game No Life: Zero :D Its just 1 hr 46 min movie but it took very long for me to complete it (Start Date: 11-29-17, End Date: 01-26-18)
Apr 29, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2018
I took around two weeks to complete Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu (Parasyte: The Maxim) - the show has around 24 episodes.
Apr 29, 2019 10:56 AM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017
It took me one year to finish the 3rd season of Boku no Hero Academia. I started watching when it was airing, decided to take a break a 6 month break from anime when I was on episode 24, and I just finished the last episode last week after getting back into anime.

Same situation for Hataraku Saibou, though it started airing in summer and I stopped at episode 8. Though, this anime only has 13 episodes.
Apr 29, 2019 12:35 PM
Oct 2018
March comes a lion is still going. 1 episode in 2 months. Don't ask me why I haven't dropped it. As a action fan I find it boring and good at the same time. 2 guys sweating while playing a game I don't know almost nothing about.
Apr 29, 2019 12:42 PM

Dec 2014
520 days to complete the 1st season of Boku No Hero Academia as when I watched it the 1st time I dropped it and just couldn't get in to it. Now it is one of my fave anime
Apr 29, 2019 10:44 PM

Dec 2012
Arcana Famiglia (2 years)
Bakemonogatari (1 year)
Black Cat (3 years)
Love, Chunibyo and Other Delusions Lite (7 years)
Colorful (11 years)
Cowboy Bebop (7 years, the broadcast had an episode cut that I never saw until I bought it)
Coyote Ragtime Show (2 years)
Rave Master (6 years)
12 Kingdoms (1 year, joined an anime club in college who was in the process of watching this, finished it later on when I had money for the sets)
Kekkaishi (6 years)
Martian Successor Nadesico (5 years, 1st ep aired during Giant Robot week and I finished it a few years later)
Le Chavalier D'Eon (1 year)
Madlax (1 year)
Magical Angel Creamy Mami (2 years)
My-HIME (1 year)
My-Otome (1 year)
Mobile Suit Gundam (11 years, canceled TV broadcast, no decent DVD release until 2012)
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed: Destiny (2 years)
Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit (1 year)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (3 years, 1st ep aired during Giant Robot week and I finished it a few years later)
Problem Children Are Coming From Another World, Aren't They? (3 years)
The Seven Deadly Sins (3 years)
Outlaw Star (2 years, an episode was cut from TV that I didn't see until I bought the DVD release)
Corpse Princess (2 years)
Shimoneta (2 years)
Star Blazers 2199 (1 year)
Tiger and Bunny (7 years)
Twin Star Exorcists (2 years)
Witchblade (2 years)
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Apr 30, 2019 12:05 AM

Feb 2016
I started watching Monster in 2017. It's currently 2019 and I'm still only on episode 20. It's not even a bad show. I love it, it's just so hard to commit to a long show
Apr 30, 2019 12:55 AM

Nov 2017
Definitely, 2nd Season of Tales of Zestiria took me over a year to complete... and last 2 episodes of Steins GAte 0 more than 5 weeks :D
Apr 30, 2019 6:31 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Bamboo Blade I guess. Started it many years ago.. then I had "no drop policy" so I somehow watched 1-2 eps mby a year.. then eventually I didnt touch it for like 3 years.. and then eventually when I picked it up again and when I already had dropped my "no drop policy" then I picked, watched 1 ep, dropped.
Apr 30, 2019 6:35 AM
Mar 2019
Tokyo ghoul not specially but season 3 and 4 literally they were so boring I liked the first two seasons so watching 3 and 4 felt like a chore #reboot
Apr 30, 2019 7:22 PM

Apr 2014
many anime i completed were in onhold limbo for years, and some still are. i guess 5 years for some
May 3, 2019 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
For me usually weeks and months at a time but i did set a record for myself for binge watching certain anime and finishing them in a month.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Post the Last Anime Items you bought ( 1 2 )

SpeedyAlchemist - Mar 10

72 by MadanielFL »»
11 seconds ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

40 by Kruszer »»
52 seconds ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by AzafuseKingTora »»
3 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

52 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

» Who are your enemies in the anime industry/fanbase?

Catalano - Yesterday

49 by Ratris_Decision »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.