Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Really adorable character chemistry between Haru and Subaru as usual.

Interestingly enough, we also see some flashback of Subaru's parents. For the humor, I found it funny how Subaru managed to get Haru into that bag. Haru's desire to eat her catfood never ceases to amuse me lol
Mar 20, 2019 9:32 AM

Apr 2016
The cat is home alone, everyone panic!
Mar 20, 2019 10:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Good episode, look forward for the last one.
Mar 20, 2019 11:27 AM

Feb 2019
Swagernator said:
The cat is home alone, everyone panic!

Start setting up some traps in case the Wet Bandits decide to invade.

This was a waterworks episode....I was hoping for more Subaru x Nana interaction and some Subaru x Nagisa interaction, but from next week's preview, that looks unlikely.

I was surprised Nana didn't offer to keep Haru for Subaru, but I guess they aren't that well acquainted yet.
Mar 20, 2019 1:04 PM

Dec 2014
ok I am really worried for haru...come back soon masaru
Mar 20, 2019 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
Damn, when Subaru saw all the 'Blue' scenery and started crying because the memory of his parents came back really got me. I teared up too. T.T.

Haru's home alone, she's gonna get worried soon.

They really set us up for a tearjerker finale. :(
Mar 20, 2019 1:39 PM

Sep 2011
I was hoping Yugo-kun would appear again soon, and then he showed up! I'm glad for him, he could talk to the author he admires, say that he was sorry and even tell Subaru how his stories give him courage, it was great. And I feel bad for Kawase-san, but I love how Yugo-kun is pretty much the only guy out of Subaru's friends that Haru liked from the start. But I think that she is slowing accepting Hiroto too, she even let him pet her.

Now, this is no news, but Subaru was really loved. it's really poignant to get to know more and more just how much his mother loved him. Even her garden was a gift to him, to show a bit of the places she wanted to take him to. And though it hurts a lot that he was never able to travel with his parents, at least he is finishing what they started by going to Tokushima, the place with that beautiful indigo dyeing tradition. I just feel sorry for him, it's the first time he travels and he already has to deal with a cancelled flight, it's too much stress. And I was hoping he would (re-)dye his sweater too, but well.

Oh, and they finally gave the carrier a proper scene, there was no way Haru was going to get inside of it easily again. lol I was hoping Subaru would leave her with Nana, I would trust her way more than a pet hotel, but then again I wouldn't want to impose on her. Hiroto is there to feed her, but even so it looks like she is going to escape in the rain getting lost. The next episode is already the last of this season and it looks like even more feels are coming. I don't want to say goodbye yet. :(
Mar 20, 2019 2:09 PM

Mar 2017
This day is the first day of haru and next week this day we have to say bye to haru
Mar 20, 2019 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
If anything happens to my baby Haru or my Young Boy Subaru I will be EXTREMELY UNHAPPY! D<

Overall another great episode though.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 20, 2019 3:14 PM

May 2016
HOOfan_1 said:
This was a waterworks episode....I was hoping for more Subaru x Nana interaction and some Subaru x Nagisa interaction, but from next week's preview, that looks unlikely.

I was surprised Nana didn't offer to keep Haru for Subaru, but I guess they aren't that well acquainted yet.

I was pretty surprised too because that would have been the first person I'd ask instead of spending money for a pet hotel(I actually didn't know those existed, lol!). They kind of missed a golden opportunity there.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 20, 2019 6:34 PM
Jun 2017
The episode main focus for today is mikazuki and now he is on the place where the last trip of their family is. You know the sadness in him since he is thinking of his parents are with him....

And now haru is alone in that house... and theres a storm... lets see the final episode next week..
Mar 20, 2019 7:04 PM

Jun 2015
I’m surprised he didn’t talk to nana about watching haru
Mar 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Mar 2016
Agh... Why did I watch the preview for the next episode? Poor Haru, the nerves are already killing me!
Also, it's sad this anime has to end, and since there's nothing like it for next season, probably I'll re-watch this a tons of times.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Mar 20, 2019 10:16 PM

May 2018
Sad but beautiful episode. Haru is so worried about Subaru all the time. Hopefully he will get home soon.
Mar 21, 2019 12:10 AM

Jul 2017
This show is so beautiful. Such an underrated anime., definitely much better than the MAL rating right now.

Once we realize it, everything will fall into place
Our hearts calling to the future with all their might
We'll move forward, holding each other's shaking hands
Mar 21, 2019 6:05 AM

Jul 2014
Wow, an episode with almost no Haru at all, but with this episode's ending we may get a little more next week in the finale to see how she reacts to him being gone so long. More good development for Subaru this episode as well.
Mar 21, 2019 6:10 AM

Dec 2018
Subaru today realized that everything that his parents did was for him, earlier he wasn't able to realize that because they tragically left him, but from here onwards he will make sure he will do everything for his loved ones.

Subaru's parents went on a trip and never returned, Subaru went on a trip and can't return back to Haru.....yet. Haru is going to worry so much and try to find Subaru herself. Please god somehow get our boi Subaru back to Haru before it's too late.
Mar 21, 2019 7:56 AM

Dec 2016
I seriously tought Subaru was going to ask Nana to look after Haru. Maybe next time ^^

It sucks when our flight gets canceled like that :( *sees the preview for next episode* Hiroto, why did you forget to look after Haru?? She's freezing from being outside in that cold weather X(

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Mar 21, 2019 10:12 AM
Jun 2016
In hindsight, maybe not the best episode to watch at work on my lunch break... the feels :'(

Of course we have a bit of a cliffhanger leading into the final episode. Hopefully, it all works out in the end.
Mar 21, 2019 10:36 AM
Apr 2018
Damn i feel bad for this Episode 😭
Mar 21, 2019 10:43 AM

Mar 2016
We didn't get a retelling of this episode from Haru's POV. : (

There is a storm. I wonder how Subaru feels now.

Next episode is the last. Just the thought alone is painful.
Mar 21, 2019 10:51 AM

Feb 2019
Bittersweet, but at least he traveled somewhere. But of course there's a monkey wrench thrown in to the mix in the form a storm...
Mar 21, 2019 5:15 PM
Jan 2019
I get a feeling of sadness every time Subaru remembers his parents, just thinking that I will lose my mother one day makes me very sad :(.
I wonder if Okami's brother would accept Subaru as his brother-in-law. LOL.

Can not be! Haru is going to escape. Let's see how the last chapter turns out.
Mar 21, 2019 5:45 PM

Mar 2010
wow a cliffhanger :O
Mar 21, 2019 6:20 PM

Oct 2015
I still feel Subaru and Haru haven't gotten super close and hopefully this next episode will be a good trial for them.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Mar 21, 2019 6:45 PM
Time Traveler

Jun 2016
Oof, that was an emotional episode, it hit me hard
Hey you!
Yes you!
Have a nice day!
And best wishes for your life's journey!

Mar 21, 2019 7:37 PM

Jan 2008
I wish I had neighbors as nice as that lady. I always forget to water the garden and things shrivel up more often than not.

Should have just asked Nana if she can cat-sit. She's already got 2, so what's one more cat for a couple of days?

Another tear-jerker flashback with his parents...always hits me in the feels, like a punch in the gut.
Mar 21, 2019 10:04 PM
Jan 2016
papsoshea said:
This episode just hit me with the emotional sucker punch.

Subaru’s mother was bringing home flowers from all their trips as a way to share them with him. She never told him about what she was doing and obviously he never really noticed. Turns out his neighbor had been furtively watering them all these years. She was the one who told him the story behind those flowers. Subaru feels shattered because he was never able to give his mother what she so dearly wanted - a son with whom she could share her love of adventure, and not have to worry about so much.

He knows she didn’t love him any less because he was never that son, but somehow that surely makes him feel even worse. Since they could never bring their son to the world, Subaru’s parents did their best to bring the world to their son. That’s the depth of a parent’s love. When he learned of the fact that his mother always made a reservation for three, just in case he could ever be persuaded to come along – that was tough. But he needs to know these things, which his mother never had the chance to share with him. It can be a source of courage to change, just as his own writing is for his readers.

I like how his first thoughts of being at the hotel are of Haru and wishing he did bring her along. Haru hasn't been away from Subaru this long before, and her segment just showed how much their relationship has grown. Episode ends on a cliffhanger, but I'm sure we will get that special ending.

I fully agree with you!

The emotional part of this episode really got me, and the story behind the flowers sure is beautiful!
Mar 23, 2019 6:57 PM
Apr 2018
JohnTitor2036 said:
Oof, that was an emotional episode, it hit me hard

No, it wasn't! It's just allergies, ok?! ... oh, wait, you weren't calling me out or anything... um, yeah, I guess it was a little emotional... [wipes tear]
Mar 27, 2019 3:00 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, another sad episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 28, 2019 8:52 PM

Dec 2016
Man Subaru's memories of him and his family always make me sad
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 8, 2019 6:04 PM

May 2012
What a fantastic yet bittersweet episode! Really loved it and I do wonder what the last episode will have to offer!
Apr 10, 2019 10:04 PM
Mar 2017
Was really hoping that he would have taken Haru with him on the trip but still a great episode.
Apr 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Aug 2009
papsoshea said:
This episode just hit me with the emotional sucker punch.

Subaru’s mother was bringing home flowers from all their trips as a way to share them with him. She never told him about what she was doing and obviously he never really noticed. Turns out his neighbor had been furtively watering them all these years. She was the one who told him the story behind those flowers. Subaru feels shattered because he was never able to give his mother what she so dearly wanted - a son with whom she could share her love of adventure, and not have to worry about so much.

He knows she didn’t love him any less because he was never that son, but somehow that surely makes him feel even worse. Since they could never bring their son to the world, Subaru’s parents did their best to bring the world to their son. That’s the depth of a parent’s love. When he learned of the fact that his mother always made a reservation for three, just in case he could ever be persuaded to come along – that was tough. But he needs to know these things, which his mother never had the chance to share with him. It can be a source of courage to change, just as his own writing is for his readers.

I like how his first thoughts of being at the hotel are of Haru and wishing he did bring her along. Haru hasn't been away from Subaru this long before, and her segment just showed how much their relationship has grown. Episode ends on a cliffhanger, but I'm sure we will get that special ending.

You perfectly described why this episode was so incredibly heartbreaking. It's a very good thing Subaru is now realizing all this, as it will definitely contribute to his development. It doesn't make it less sad though... :(
Apr 21, 2019 7:40 PM

Jul 2016
Man, each flashback including Subaru's mother is so moving to watch, such a lovely lady indeed.

It was a rather melancholic episode since Subaru decided to visit the last place his parents went before dying. It sure was a painful stay for him but I think it can work as a way to finally overcome the guilt he must be feeling for not having spent enough time with them, especially his mother.

Nice episode overall. One more to go.
Oct 19, 2021 7:39 AM

Nov 2013
I'm always crying when i see all those flashbacks about his parents.
One thing i never appreciated enough about this anime - phenomenal voice acting, especially Haru and Subaru.
I always thought that talking animals is ridiculous and cringeworthy idea, but all those voice actors who played animals in this show, especially Yamazaki Haruka (Haru), changed my mind.
GvendolineNov 19, 2021 6:12 AM
Mar 8, 10:04 AM

May 2020
Expected Yugo to apologise the moment I saw Nana at the signing session. But has it been a year already? Maybe just a few months.

Subaru can’t come up with a new series. He’s struggling.

Finally, Subaru goes on a trip. A trip his parents were about to go to.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2019

92 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 9, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2019

34 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 7:19 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 6, 2019

37 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 6:53 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2019

29 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue. Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 20, 2019

49 by Tsuyo_Mika »»
Mar 8, 3:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.