Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 15, 2019 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok, that falling stair scene gave me more of a laugh than I had thought. I think it's probably because Natsuo being such an idiot at that moment.

Looks like we got some story development from the Literature Club this epsiode. Maybe some of these guys and girls have a chance to win the literature award. Seems this show is bouncing around Natsuo's relationship with Rui and Hina. Meh, with 2 more episodes left, it's going to be pretty open. Poor Rui...
Stark700Mar 15, 2019 11:05 AM
Mar 15, 2019 11:17 AM
Aug 2018
Good episode, that bath scene was priceless, especially with that shot of Natsuo. Natsuo's still a complete dumbass though ahhaha, every single bad decision he could've possibly made was made.
Mar 15, 2019 11:19 AM

Aug 2017
WTF is this :'D: (11:39)
Mar 15, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2017
welp, Natsuo got discovered by Rui. this whole thins wasn't supposed to last long anyways

though, after reading the manga, i finally see how the anime is adapting the story. the whole school festival mini-arc was just cut to 4-5 screens, basically all the comedy and slice of life is just being cut off. not that the side characters add a lot to the romance development. yet still, with just this the pace feels super fast

even though they cut all the comedy bits, they add something like this. which is nice

btw, who kisses while eating rice? that's fucking disgusting bruh
Mar 15, 2019 11:40 AM

Apr 2018
I am starting to like this.
Mar 15, 2019 11:41 AM

Apr 2018
How come the opening and ending are so good at the same time?
Mar 15, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 2018
the relation between natsuo and hina is driven by pure sexual desires
and it seems hina is still kinda unsure and hesitates.

no matter...but i can tell what might happen in the next 2-eps...i didnt read the manga...yet
Mar 15, 2019 12:14 PM

Jan 2019
Am i the only one who dislikes Hina i like Rui way more
Mar 15, 2019 12:16 PM

Jan 2018
this episode makes up for the last one. here i genuinely had laugh in the bath scene and was touched by Rui finally finding out about them. Last episode i was that close to drop this... It pays off.
Mar 15, 2019 12:36 PM

Oct 2018
TensaZangetsu__ said:
Am i the only one who dislikes Hina i like Rui way more

Well, just take a look at this

Mar 15, 2019 12:41 PM

May 2018
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA the episode was pure fun

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 15, 2019 12:43 PM
Oct 2017
Well fuck Hina and that cunt Natsuo. And what kind of a response was that from Rui. Disappointed.
Mar 15, 2019 12:47 PM
Feb 2019
muntahi said:

no matter...but i can tell what might happen in the next 2-eps...i didnt read the manga...yet

I think she hesitates because freaking Natsuo keeps calling her sensei even when they are alone, everysingle time im like "come on man, why the hell you keep calling her sensei???"

That, and he is really really immature. Hope he realize that soon and correct his mistakes.
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 15, 2019 12:48 PM

Aug 2013
Decent episode.

Rui found out about Natsuo visiting Hina's home. That slap from Rui,

Mar 15, 2019 12:48 PM
Jan 2018
muntahi said:

Lol no it’s not. Hina is simply a real eye candy which makes it seem that way
Mar 15, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
Mar 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Feb 2016
I swear, if Natsuo keeps calling her "Sensei" its going to end like "President" from DxD but probably worse. Smh

Natsuo is already dead, but he doesn't know yet.

I guess this is RIP Team Rui :(
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Mar 15, 2019 1:25 PM

Nov 2018
does anyone know the song played when rui finds ntasuo in hinas apartment?
Mar 15, 2019 1:26 PM

Aug 2017
This show will have 12 episodes or more?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 15, 2019 1:34 PM

Mar 2017
Such a great episode! That bath scene was hilarious and Natsuo with the whole You Hasukawa thing was so adorable! haha

I feel like i need to stick up for Natsuo here; he's being a totally idiot but i actually really like him. He's kind and thoughtful and funny but he's a silly kid trying to hard to be an adult and it's getting people hurt. BUT we all do stupid things and learn from these mistakes so i still think highly of him!
Mar 15, 2019 2:29 PM

Apr 2013
Natsuo is an ass. Petition to make anime only about Hina and Rui. Yuri sister story FTW. Fk that Main protagonist that makes the anime DRAGGING.
Mar 15, 2019 2:33 PM

Feb 2014
I really wasn't expecting Natsuo to deform into a 3-year old's type of drawing of him when Rui accidentally grabbed his manhood instead of the bar of soap while in the darkened bath, but it made the scene even funnier than I thought it would be. Nicely done! XD

But the writing was on the wall for Natsuo for the whole episode. Lying to Rui about going to Fumiya's was something that she found out easily and his apology and promise sounded genuine at first. However, he only went back to what he was doing already so he could get all cosy with Hina.

Rui only had to connect all the dots together before she finally found out about what Natsuo was REALLY doing all this time. Seeing her crying and being angry at Natsuo was justified, of course, but it does make me want to comfort her since she's such a likeable character. Plus, her outing face deserves to be protected at all costs! =3

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next after Natsuo confirms to Rui that he's in love with Hina. It's not surprising to see someone of Natsuo's age to make mistakes like this, but he does need to realise that he's only hurting himself as well as Rui, Hina and even his friend, Fumiya. It'll be interesting to see what Natsuo will do next...
Mar 15, 2019 2:39 PM
Apr 2016
Rather good new episode. Hina is really nice. Rui was forcing herself on Natsuo, luckily now she knows that Natsuo has a thing for Hina. Rui got rejected.
Mar 15, 2019 3:01 PM

Nov 2016
Busted, but I can't wait till the whole truth comes to light 🔪

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 15, 2019 3:10 PM

Jan 2017
I'm sorry, but wtf!!
I get that he got pushed down the stairs, but there should've been a greater likelihood of home breaking his back or arm... not his leg.
And then Rui's jumping into the bath with him.
Japan. Wheres this inspiration coming from; I ront get how the stepmom's like "yeah, go scrub your step brothers back in the bath, better yet, just have it with him"
Understandable, between siblings, but c'mon, they're step siblings; can you not just go about it in a more normal manner (then again, that wouldn't make for a story)
Mar 15, 2019 3:42 PM

Dec 2014
Natsuo is just a big hypocrite if you ask me. Just a few episodes ago he was reprimanding a guy so hard for being unfaithful to his wife and now he's literally that. He never admonishes Rui's advances and at the same time he's in love with Hina. He's pretty much two timing them and somehow after talking so big to Hina's ex-lover, he has absolutely no conflicts over doing what he's doing now.

This show totally went down the drain after Hina's lover thing ended.
Both Rui and Hina are too good for someone like Natsuo.

Rav8LRupsy said:
Natsuo is an ass. Petition to make anime only about Hina and Rui. Yuri sister story FTW. Fk that Main protagonist that makes the anime DRAGGING.

+1, I would watch this. xD
Mar 15, 2019 3:55 PM

Apr 2018
This was good episode. Rui found out about Natsuo and Hina so i´m kinda exited to see what happens now.

And that MS Paint natsuo was amazing :DD
Watashi wa a victim of cyberbullying. Everyday someone online calls me a "weeb" desu. Watashi won't stand for this. 26 percent of bullying victims are chosen due to their race or religion desu. I may look like a basic white boy, but deep down I am Nihongo desu. Watashi religion is anime. Anata wa bullying me because of my race and religion desu ka? Disgusting desu. Anata should be ashamed of yourself, racist pig. A baka gaijin like anata is probably jealous of my race and culture, cause Nippon is more sugoi than your shitty country desu. Watashi pity anata. You'll never be Nihongo like watashi. Educate yourself on nani a "weeb" is.
Mar 15, 2019 3:58 PM

Oct 2011
Well that escalated quickly

Mar 15, 2019 4:37 PM

Nov 2011
SO after last week i decided to read the manga...I binged 200+ chapters in 3 days. People do yourself a favor...READ THE MANGA. I never want to be that guy but I am doing it now. While the anime is good the manga is amazing.

They cut what I thought was something very important in the Culture Festival. Which makes you the viewer appreciate the side characters like Ashihara and Momo a lot more. ESPECIALLY MOMO.

uninstallthegame said:

btw, who kisses while eating rice? that's fucking disgusting bruh

I laughed so hard after reading this LOL
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 15, 2019 4:44 PM

Jan 2011
lying piece of shit! poor Rui, tho that dick grab was pretty funny was not expected him to turn into a MS paint .

episodes like this makes me question how there are still 100+ chapters after all these big plays happening , time to get on it
Mar 15, 2019 4:52 PM
Jan 2017
man this anime adding a lot of amazing insert songs <3
Mar 15, 2019 5:14 PM
Dec 2018
eb2 said:

+1
does anyone know the name?
Mar 15, 2019 5:16 PM
Nov 2009
Kissing with rice in your mouth seems like an asian thing. But man, fuck his milf/teacher fetisch. Team Rui all day.
Mar 15, 2019 6:46 PM

Apr 2017
I'm really disappointed we didn't get to see the festival chapters :/ especially the slaps :( That scene made me laugh so much while reading it. Seems like they're moving the story way too fast and skipping a bit of stuff.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Mar 15, 2019 6:55 PM
Mar 2019
First off...Team Rui all the way! Blue hair, red eyes, cute voice, cute pouting face...perfect girl!

And...does anyone happen to have the name of the song that played when Rui came to Hina's house and cried? That was a great song and I kinda want to listen to the whole thing. XD
Mar 15, 2019 7:31 PM
Jul 2017
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Ok, that falling stair scene gave me more of a laugh than I had thought. I think it's probably because Natsuo being such an idiot at that moment.

Looks like we got some story development from the Literature Club this epsiode. Maybe some of these guys and girls have a chance to win the literature award. Seems this show is bouncing around Natsuo's relationship with Rui and Hina. Meh, with 2 more episodes left, it's going to be pretty open. Poor Rui...
how do you know its 12 episodes?
Mar 15, 2019 7:49 PM

Nov 2017
Sushantbro said:

Totally agree with you on that,though the ending took awhile to grow on me,the opening was superb from the get-go.
Mar 15, 2019 7:59 PM

Nov 2017
gaurav5125 said:
eb2 said:

+1
does anyone know the name?

Not too sure,but I think its by Rui's cv artist,Uchida, Maaya and might be called Monochrome?

according to this anyway,
https://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl?show=ep&eid=212930
Mar 15, 2019 8:12 PM

Apr 2018
Starhammer said:
Sushantbro said:

Totally agree with you on that,though the ending took awhile to grow on me,the opening was superb from the get-go.
yeah same for me. I always watch the opening twice before watching the anime.
Mar 15, 2019 8:25 PM
Oct 2013
Idk about other people but for me I can relate to most of his actions but not the lying part. I mean, come on...finally you get to be with someone you like after a "long time" is pretty hype.

Anyway...I seriously feel bad for Rui especially she put THAT much faith in Natsu. That seriously make me pissed off but some part inside me can understand why Natsuo proceed with those actions.

After a little bit of thinking, Idk what to feel for Rui since she didn't actually tell Natsuo her feelings and Natsuo and Sensei is a few steps further ahead already.

But then wtf is with the guilt feeling when Rui found the truth? Any psychology experts here mind telling me?
Mar 15, 2019 8:30 PM
Nov 2018
ParsaAr said:
Stark700 said:

2 episodes left? who said that?
ParsaAr said:
Stark700 said:

2 episodes left? who said that?
Their is 2 more episodes left in the anime, it’s a 12 ep anime
Mar 15, 2019 9:10 PM

Nov 2017
Sushantbro said:
Starhammer said:

yeah same for me. I always watch the opening twice before watching the anime.

Nice,though i can't wait to see if the ost has the insert song from this episode,that was pretty decent too.
Mar 15, 2019 11:07 PM

Aug 2013
so many chapters skipped I alrd lose faith on this adaptation
Mar 15, 2019 11:09 PM

Mar 2019
Ahhh Natsuo when will you learn man!
Mar 15, 2019 11:17 PM

Oct 2015
Man, Natsuo really dug himself a hole there. This show is getting stressful to watch.
Mar 15, 2019 11:33 PM

Jul 2017
The wrecked pacing and storytelling goes one step further with Natsuo's continuous infatuation with Hina, and Rui's continuous teasing of Natsuo (though his real interest has always been Hina all this time).

That bath scene, with Rui mistaking soap for his dick, and that MS Paint moment, WTH haha xD.

However, the cat's out of the bag when Rui questions Natsuo about his "activities", and adamantly got what she had (or didn't) expected: Natsuo's lies that just took complete hold of her truths and emotions. BTW, very nice insert song!

2 episodes to go, how long will this travesty last for Natsuo?
Mar 15, 2019 11:39 PM

May 2015
They're already kissing at the beginning of the episode...Nice...

Welp, there goes the friendship between Miu and Natsuo after the elbow to the chest. But wasn't Rui behind Natsuo? She could have caught him and slowed his fall somewhat. But it looks like this episode is cutting corners with the animation and resorting to still frames...And they show the animation afterwards. Why couldn't they have just shown that instead? Save some time and frames...

"With this leg, I might not be able to go to your place like I used to." I'm calling it right now. Rui is listening right behind that door...

"What are you doing here!?"
"At this point, you've already seen it before." GO FOR IT RUI! GET HIM WHILE HE'S UNABLE TO RUN AWAY! GRAB HIM BY THE DONG AND MAKE IT EXPAND!

"Natsuo-kun has not been coming to my house." HERE IT COMES! RUI'S JEALOUSY IS RISING! I'M EXPECTING A REVENGE KISS...AND MORE!

"I've been going to Momo's place." And Rui forgets to ask why, especially with the kind of person that Momo is...

Doorbell! Let me guess. It's Rui at the door...

WE GOT CUCKED! RUI GOT CUCKED! SLAP HIM! SLAP HIM RIGHT NOW!

YES!!!!! WE GOT THE SLAP! BEST GIRL RUI!

"Are you in love with Hina-nee?" Say yes Natsuo. Say yes.

A lot of shortcuts and still frames with the animation this episode. Oh well. At leas they can still get the message across. Rui learns about the relationship between Natsuo and Hina. Now that Rui has found out, Hina might not be able to see him and be with him the same way ever again. This anime just cucked itself. Time to see how it all unfolds!

eb2 said:

According to the credits, it's called "Monochrome."
TarotistMar 15, 2019 11:47 PM
Mar 15, 2019 11:40 PM

May 2015
eb2 said:

https://youtu.be/aQ3Xs86Io00

anikevinMar 15, 2019 11:48 PM
Mar 15, 2019 11:50 PM

Sep 2011
I hate Natsuo. I hope he gets a nice boat.
Mar 15, 2019 11:58 PM

Mar 2016
Wow Natsuo, being pushed a little and losing his balance and falling off a stair just like that it quite pathetic really. It's not as if he's always prepared for these kinds of situations, but I just can't shake the fact that he was pathetic at that moment. He managed to only get a hairline bone fracture though, so that's relieving.

Rui taking care of Natsuo is really adorable, especially when she is smiling towards him or when she kiss Hina, the bath scene is simply hot, yet also hilarious! Rui accidentally grabbing Natsuo's o chin chin got me laughing hard.

There're many kissing scenes between Natsuo and Hina in this ep, Hina is sexy no doubt, but seems like I'd prefer it to be with Rui. Speaking of preference.

Boiiiiiiiiii Natsuo just done fucked up!!! He got caught lying not once BUT TWICE by Rui. The first one, he evaded it pretty well, but the second time Rui caught him, it's indisputable evidence! It seems so much more simpler if Natsuo just told her that he's actually going to Hina's place cuz he haven't been at her place for a while. That's a more believable lie. But this lie by its own is no longer a good lie the moment Rui read Natsuo's previous novel...

Rui has finally found out that Natsuo is officialy in love with Hina, and Natsuo himself admitted it saying he's been in love with Hina for a long time...

For the fact that Natsuo has lied TWICE to Rui, Rui slapping Natsuo is completely reasonable!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.