Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 14, 2019 9:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, we're actually getting the test of courage at the night after the buildup and hype.

I still think Fuutarou looks ridiculous in his makeup and outfit but it is what it is. Funny to see Yotsuba put on a little makeup herself too. The episode managed to squeeze in a good amount of humor thanks to the character chemistry.

Interestingly, Nino had her own moment in the forest with her partner. Hell, she even request for a dance.
Stark700Mar 14, 2019 4:35 PM
Mar 14, 2019 11:41 AM

Dec 2017
wow, this was actually a pretty nice episode. i like how this arc is slowly building up towards the climax - the dance and who will he pick. Ichika showing her feelings up in the end was a bit unexpected tbh. and of course the cliche "got locked in something with a girl" trope

Yotsuba being Sans was pretty amusing as well

Mar 14, 2019 2:45 PM

Apr 2015
School camp is going on and everyone seems to have fun. The test of courage was really nice, while Ichika and Miku were not scared at all, it was super sweet to see how Itsuki freaked out at Fuutarou hanging upside down in that tree XD Yotsuba sure is fired up!

Poor Fuutarou, having to keep up the lie of his "relative". Nino has quite the docile side, I like it. I am glad both Nino & Itsuki are safe in the end.

Miku confronting Ichika about her feelings towards Fuutarou. However she didn't quite get the answer she was looking for.

Oh boy, Fuutarou and Ichika being stuck in that shed, next week might become spicy. From those tears alone, Ichika's feelings are clear, I wonder if we get a confession next week!
Mar 14, 2019 2:53 PM

Sep 2018
Nice episode Futarou got himself into real mess both with Nino and Ichika, also Ichika is now for sure my number 2 best girl (Miku cant be overthroned)
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 14, 2019 3:17 PM
Feb 2016
Great episode. Nino's reaction to blonde Futaro was so adorable!
Mar 14, 2019 3:19 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Damm Yotsuba sure had a hidden talent for cutting wood lol. The good old clown in the dark trick huh. The deeper voice sure did well in enhancing the clown. Looks like Ichika is starting to pull ahead in the race. It was cute seeing Nino be so docile for once considering her fiery personality. Hmm Nino likes the wild type of boys then. Amusing how Futaro's attempts to break away are having the opposite effect. Though the cliff was a close shave for them it only served to reinforce Nino's crush. Ichika's impersonation of her sisters was most impressive. Seems Ichika was also reluctant to give up the dance despite saying otherwise. Well being locked up together sure will allow Futaro to improve his bond with Ichika. Interesting ep that did well in expanding Nino's character while also revealing how far the bond between the sisters and Futaro has gotten.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2019 3:39 PM

Nov 2016
Not gonna lie, the immoral, lecherous Nino was kinda hot ok rather funny

And although I'm not a big fan of misunderstandings, this episode was still very hilarious haha.

Also looking forward to more Fuutarou x Ichika screen time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2019 3:40 PM

Nov 2018
cant wait for nino to find out it was futaro xD
Mar 14, 2019 3:53 PM

Aug 2014
this was great episode! It was funny, it was romantic, it was deep and it was surprising as I wouldn't expect Ichika to be so sad about that ;o
Nino was great and Miku is maybe that girl from the photo ;d Not so much about Itsuki in this episode, I rly wonder how it will end too bad have to wait 2 more weeks.
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Mar 14, 2019 3:56 PM

Feb 2015
This episode was over far too quickly. Quintuplets is like my comfort food this season. Wonder how Futaro will get out of the barn, can't be that bad being in there alone with Ichika
Mar 14, 2019 4:01 PM

Aug 2018
Really great episode under every aspect, but i can't stand the animations. This episodes were worse than usual. It deserves a lot more good animations than this.
Mar 14, 2019 4:08 PM

May 2013
Well so many things happened this episode, i couldn't even stare much at everyone, besides Nino.

Fast Paced but kinda ok?
I mean 12 episodes can't handle all romcom right? Freaking Kiminitodoke had like 100 episodes before any romcom.

So far so good, i hope this season don't end with some Drama between the Five.
Mar 14, 2019 4:28 PM

Jul 2008
Fuutarou be like:

"Ichika or Nino... which will I choose to dance with..."

“Option #1: Ichika, whom I promised to dance with. I kinda have to dance with her in order to make that guy believe that I and Ichika are dancing, thus making sure that he doesn’t bother her anymore… or any other guys for the matter. He and Miku expect to see me dancing. I can just inform Nino that her non-existent guy will not be coming. Not taking this option would be breaking a promise, and worse.“

“Option #2: Nino, who asked me to dance while I pretended to be a guy who doesn’t exist. I did not promise anything, Nino was always an ass towards me, and I kinda ran away because it’s very much possible that someone realizes that it’s me, especially once they get a proper look. So if I dance, it may end in a large catastrophe that will turn me into mincemeat, not to mention that I am also betraying Ichika with this, as well as Nino. Technically, the only real upside would be dancing with Nino for a few minutes.”

"...well, it's obvious which is the superior option. Hey Ichika, shall we call it quits?"

Good to know that my boi Fuutarou knows who the best girl is!
Mar 14, 2019 5:33 PM

Nov 2017
Fun episode, Itsuki being spo0ked is the cutest thing. She was best girl for this episode for me. Uesugi has it rough, Miku crushing on him, Ichika falling in love with him aswell now, Nino falling in love with his 2nd personality, Itsuki now spying on him all the time, and Yotsuba.. being Yotsuba to him? I can handle 2 in your average harem but 5 I can barely comprehend :S
Honestly I think he should tell atleast one of them about what happened with Nino. Preferably Ichika ofcourse. And did Yotsuba and those girls lock them up on purpose I think?

that moment when you realize..

plz @ me
Mar 14, 2019 5:34 PM
Mar 2017
Today's episode was too sweet, is my imagination or the Nakano sisters looked exceptionally cute and lovely than usual?
The test of courage was a success thanks to the duo of Fuutarou-Yotsuba, they let themselves go and gave a good scare to every couple that approached, well Ichika and Miku do not count. That adorable smile from Yotsuba was so cute.
The next couple was Nino and Itsuki, apparently Itsuki does not like the terrifying things and Fuutarou gave her such a fright that Itsuki quickly fled (damn ... Itsuki's breasts moved so much that the movement became hypnotic, although if someone manages to put that part in slow motion I will be very grateful)
The conversation between Miku and Ichika can only confirm that Miku is jealous that Ichika is going to dance with Fuutarou, but Ichika offers her place, but finally Miku refuses to accept Ichika's proposal.
I still can not believe that Nino has become so docile and cute, Fuutarou is in big troubles thanks to his carelessness with the wig, now Nino believes that he is Kintaro and Nino is totally delighted to meet the bad boy that she likes so much, Nino looks so lovely in this part, I still have trouble admitting it, but denying it would be a big lie. Fuutarou tries to get Nino a bad impression of Kintaro so she can hate him, but in the end the situation gets worse.
The part where Nino saves Fuutarou and he falls on top of her was so cute, Nino blushed is so adorable, I wish she was like that most of the time, but now things get more complicated now that Nino invites Kintaro to the dance on the bonfire and to top it now Fuutarou believes that the quintuplets hate him again, the part with the chibi quintuplets with pouting faces was so cute.
Fuutarou and Ichika end up helping with the firewood for the next day and Ichicka tries to help Fuutarou to get along with her sisters, but then Fuutarou asks Ichika not to dance the day of the campfire and the poor Ichika cries after listening this, I do not know about you but is very clear to me that Ichika loves Fuutarou, for what reason she would cry with such sadness if that were not the case. Now the situation gets even worse and Ichika and Fuutarou are locked in the cellar, although that fake laugh of both makes me think that the situation will be very uncomfortable until their classmates realize that both are missing.
In the next episode we will see the quintuplets in the mountains with their winter outfits, I want to see Miku with that cute outfut.
Mar 14, 2019 5:36 PM

Nov 2017
Coolio. I guess Nino can be a sweetheart/waifu material when she wants to be
Mar 14, 2019 6:12 PM
Feb 2016
BestJo said:
Really great episode under every aspect, but i can't stand the animations. This episodes were worse than usual. It deserves a lot more good animations than this.

Let's hope next season has the studio take more time doing them and not try to rush it like this one. I feel that the staff isn't the problem, but the amount of time invested making it is. There's a lot of shots in the anime that do look really well done, and then a lot that also look weird/out of place. So in my opinion, it's more of a time management issue rather than a budget issue

And this season may have been a bit rushed, since the series as a whole is still very new and they more than likely wanted to capitalize on the current hype of the show to make sure they get the most profit from it as well. Let's just hope if there is another season, then they'll wait until October 2020 or Jan 2021 to release it instead of Jan 2020 to make sure it has better quality. Good news is though that the manga is selling incredibly well now because of the anime, so that may also affect as to how much more budget the show will have as well
Mar 14, 2019 6:53 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:

And although I'm not a big fan of misunderstandings, this episode was still very hilarious haha.

SMH
this why you should catch up to manga :S
abandon the ichika church and join the nino or miku church
or be me and stay in the yotsuba master race :>
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 14, 2019 7:18 PM

Nov 2016
Golden_Scarlett said:
FMmatron said:

SMH

A man can dream,tho.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 14, 2019 7:20 PM

Oct 2015
FMmatron said:
Golden_Scarlett said:

SMH

A man can dream,tho.

no its because she got screentime das why you should abandon :S
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Mar 14, 2019 7:42 PM

Jan 2018
eb2 said:

At the very least not this season.
Mar 14, 2019 7:44 PM

Dec 2016
Try guessing who the first one to confess to Futarou.
Mar 14, 2019 8:17 PM

Feb 2019
Really good episode. I really like how they've progressed Ichika. Although, now it seems like Itsuki is falling more and more into the background and I don't like it. I thought she was the main sister.
Mar 14, 2019 9:09 PM

Jul 2014
Obligatory "I wish I was that box"

Miku cute as always.

Itsuki's ghostly cry was hilarious.

Nino was very cute in this episode but it was weird, like it wasn't really satisfying because Nino thought he was someone else.

Goddam Fuutarou, how dare you make Ichika cry, that was painful to watch. I never would have imagined that I would love Ichika so much when at the beginning of the series she hadn't really caught my attention.
SkyLETVMar 21, 2019 9:31 PM
Mar 14, 2019 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
great episode! Ichika :( so dam cute when she was crying, painful to see. The whole Nino situation kinda made a cringe just that little bit but still loving the series!
Mar 14, 2019 9:41 PM

Aug 2018
HaHaAhah Well, they got us. 😭
Mar 14, 2019 9:59 PM

May 2016
Pretty good adaptation, though Fuu's offering the charm as also "promoting easy childbirth" was skipped, lol!

Skip all the romance drama, and Yotsuba wins.......
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Mar 14, 2019 10:21 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Even though Miku is still my favorite, I cannot deny how much I love Ichika now, and I'm at a point where I just want either one of those two win in the end because god damn these two girls are just perfect
Mar 14, 2019 11:01 PM
Jan 2019
I swear to god Fuutaro's gonna end up with Itsuki and right now it sounds disapointing to me, but I trust that she will grow on me eventually. No manga spoilers, but this has almost 80 chapters in the manga, so I'm excited to see her develop further.
Mar 15, 2019 12:07 AM

Feb 2015
Question for Manga readers, how much material is left and is there enough for a second season yet?
Mar 15, 2019 12:12 AM

Jan 2018
Crashmatt said:
Question for Manga readers, how much material is left and is there enough for a second season yet?

Well, after the latest ch not so much unless the author wanted to extend it but there's enough material for season 2 I mean it's going to end at ch 32 or 33 where they come back from the trip and they can adapt ch 34 to 68 which contains 3 arcs.
Mar 15, 2019 12:17 AM

Apr 2018
Everybody this has to get a season 2 or we riot.
Mar 15, 2019 12:34 AM

Mar 2017
Nino is in love with Kintarou alright. She's not going to learn his identity anytime soon though.

Ichika is in love with Fuutarou and she isn't aware of her own feelings yet. Or may be she's trying to deceive herself into not realising those feelings.

Ichika and Fuutarou had some good reaction after getting trapped lol.
Mar 15, 2019 2:11 AM

Nov 2007
And I still remember not liking Nino that much even until this point. How did Negi manage to change my opinion is beyond me?

Also, yeah, Ichika crying was quite sad. It came out of nowhere for the manga readers as well.

Ofc you guys can tell that she has been bottling up her feelings for him that poured out just like that. The only one who noticed it was Miku which is why she had been asking Ichika about her feelings for him. Then again, it also hurts Miku because her personality is such that she cannot be too friendly in the open like Yotsuba or Ichika. The moment she pouted when Fuutarou said he was looking for Nino also sums her up!

The current field-trip arc is the beginning of many emotional moments. You'll also realize why this manga is different from other harem romcoms. Because, the relationships amongst the quints will play major roles in their character development.

Crashmatt said:

This season will cover up to chapter 34 as assumed. It has 77 chapters available (the latest one and boy, was it great!) with speculations that at least another 24-27 chapters will come out. So, to answer your question, the manga already has enough materials for a complete new season which will include three major arcs. First of which (starting at chapter 39) was the one that made the popularity of the manga explode!

If you are wondering whether to pick the manga up or not, just pick it! You won't regret it.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 15, 2019 2:47 AM

Nov 2018
Congintive said:
eb2 said:

At the very least not this season.
well i guess its time to catch up with the manga then :p
Mar 15, 2019 3:47 AM

Feb 2017
dat indirect rejection for ichika PepeHands, he choose nino

Kmlshblr said:
Hahaha there are no brakes on the Nino train 😎 Gooo girl

evonieeMar 15, 2019 4:08 AM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Mar 15, 2019 4:33 AM

May 2018
Here we go Fuutarou said something without thinking first, and made Ichika in tears. Ichika really hold her own feeling to make the way for Miku, that's a sacrifice for the oldest sister.

Nino isn't that bad actually. It just that her criteria is weird.
Mar 15, 2019 6:00 AM

Jul 2014
I get what this episode was going for and all, but honestly the whole situation was pretty damn annoying to watch unfold. Like honestly, if Futaro would just tell Nino the truth then pretty much none of this episode's second half would have happened and we'd probably be better off for it. The only thing we really got from this episode was Ichika realising her feelings, but with just a couple of episodes left that's obviously not going to really pay off before this season ends.
Mar 15, 2019 6:47 AM
Jul 2009
everyone's nightmare:
"Go study some more!"
Mar 15, 2019 9:22 AM

Apr 2018
Another enjoyable episode, but animation really bothers me. I wonder, apparently manga sells great in Japan but they can't get good studio to make an anime. I hope it will get better because this show deserves it.
Mar 15, 2019 9:33 AM
Mar 2019
Anime has only 13 episodes...we won't get to the good parts, RIP
Mar 15, 2019 10:35 AM
Feb 2019
Nayrael said:
Fuutarou be like:

"Ichika or Nino... which will I choose to dance with..."

“Option #1: Ichika, whom I promised to dance with. I kinda have to dance with her in order to make that guy believe that I and Ichika are dancing, thus making sure that he doesn’t bother her anymore… or any other guys for the matter. He and Miku expect to see me dancing. I can just inform Nino that her non-existent guy will not be coming. Not taking this option would be breaking a promise, and worse.“

“Option #2: Nino, who asked me to dance while I pretended to be a guy who doesn’t exist. I did not promise anything, Nino was always an ass towards me, and I kinda ran away because it’s very much possible that someone realizes that it’s me, especially once they get a proper look. So if I dance, it may end in a large catastrophe that will turn me into mincemeat, not to mention that I am also betraying Ichika with this, as well as Nino. Technically, the only real upside would be dancing with Nino for a few minutes.”

"...well, it's obvious which is the superior option. Hey Ichika, shall we call it quits?"

Good to know that my boi Fuutarou knows who the best girl is!

Exactly my thoughts, he knows who the best girl is, thats why he didnt think twice in the matter, and decided to dance with Nino xD

#TeamNino
" THE BIRD OF HERMES IS MY NAME, EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME... "
Mar 15, 2019 11:21 AM

Jul 2008
Crashmatt said:

There is enough material for 2 more seasons. Hopefully we get a 2nd season, but Anime nowadays rarely get 3rd one unless they are extremely popular. Which is a shame, because the story gets more intense the more it progresses.

taco_ said:
Another enjoyable episode, but animation really bothers me. I wonder, apparently manga sells great in Japan but they can't get good studio to make an anime. I hope it will get better because this show deserves it.

A lot of more popular works sell damn well, and still get shitty adaptations :(
Mar 15, 2019 12:55 PM

Feb 2015
Nayrael said:
Crashmatt said:

There is enough material for 2 more seasons. Hopefully we get a 2nd season, but Anime nowadays rarely get 3rd one unless they are extremely popular. Which is a shame, because the story gets more intense the more it progresses.

taco_ said:

A lot of more popular works sell damn well, and still get shitty adaptations :(

If we get a second season I'd be happy with and anime original ending up for that's all were going to get
Mar 15, 2019 1:07 PM

May 2018
Way to go Fuutaro you got locked in with Ichka.......
Mar 15, 2019 1:16 PM

Aug 2013
I almost died when he made up his name and said Kin(金)tarou.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 15, 2019 1:47 PM

Sep 2018
Wait was that a motherfucking Monogatari Oshino reference lul

Sad that Ninos development to begins right where Season 1 ends....probably will end at chapter 32

-Mullerio-Mar 15, 2019 2:15 PM
Mar 15, 2019 2:02 PM

Sep 2018
Crashmatt said:

Episode 12 will probably end at Chapter 32 and there are currently 77 Chapters out so there will definitely be enough source material for a 2nd Season....
Even though the adaptation doesnt live up to the Manga in some points i still hope for another Season because most of the Character development acutally starts after Chapter 32

So if there is no 2nd Season read the Manga from the beginning if you have the time or just start at Chapter 32 (its not confirmed i think but that would be the end of the current Arc)
Mar 15, 2019 3:31 PM

Jul 2017
Uesugi janai. Katsura da!

Man, I miss Gintama.
あなたは誰?
Mar 15, 2019 4:22 PM

Aug 2018
A cool episode

Talking about season 2, I really hope they decide to make another one but... it doesn't look like the anime works that well (not badly rated but not a Top Winter 2019 anime).

Hoping for more !
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2019

120 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Today, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2019

129 by FortHell0 »»
Yesterday, 2:14 PM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

301 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 13, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Gotoubun no Hanayome Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

112 by Sporecraft »»
Apr 9, 6:45 AM

» My review of the 5-toubun no Hanayome

aTi - Apr 4

17 by ElmoBoredAsf »»
Apr 5, 3:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.