Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 14, 2019 5:58 AM

Nov 2007
Fuji Television's late-night anime programming block +Ultra revealed its series lineup for years 2019-2020.

Carole & Tuesday (Spring 2019)
For the first series on +Ultra lineup, the anime adds more supporting cast members to the list. The series is slated to premiere on April 11 and will be exclusively distributed via Netflix.

Cast
Dahlia: Kenyu Horiuchi (Black Clover)
Valerie: Tomoko Miyadera (Gakuen Babysitters)
Spencer: Takahiro Sakurai (Osomatsu-san series)

Beastars (Fall 2019)
Fuji TV's +Ultra programming block announced that part of its lineup would be the previously announced TV anime adaptation of Paru Itagaki's Beastars manga. The series is slated to air this fall with an exclusive streaming distribution via Netflix.

PV 2

Kuutei Dragons (Drifting Dragons) (Winter 2020)
The TV anime adaptation of Taku Kuwabara's Kuutei Dragons (Drifting Dragons) manga was announced as part of the +Ultra lineup. Its official website opened today announcing the main staff members. The series will also be exclusively distributed by Netflix.

Synopsis:
Dragons, the rulers of the sky. To many people on the surface, they are a dire threat, but at the same time, a valuable source of medicine, oil, and food. There are those who hunt the dragons. They travel the skies in dragon-hunting airships. This is the story of one of those ships, the "Quin Zaza," and its crew. (Source: Official site)

Staff
Director: Tadahiro Yoshihira (Godzilla 1-3 movies)
Series Composition, Screenplay: Makoto Uezu (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu)
Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works)
Studio: Polygon Pictures

Teaser PV

Kodansha's good! Afternoon monthly magazine is serializing the fantasy manga since June 7, 2016. Five compiled manga volumes were released with the sixth set to ship on May 7. Kodansha Comics USA is releasing the series in English as a simulpub and per volume digitally. The simulpub chapters are also distributed through Crunchyroll. It was recently announced that the publisher will release the series physically later this year.

Official site: https://drifting-dragons.jp/

Anime movies Birthday Wonderland, Kimi to, Nami ni Noretara, and Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Movie: Fine are also included in the Fuji TV +Ultra/noitaminA movie lineup.

Source: Comic Natalie 1, 2, 3
Sakana-sanSep 15, 2019 1:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 14, 2019 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
I remember Kuutei Dragons having a hint early this week that some sort of announcement would come. Glad it's an anime. This reminds me to pick up the manga again.
Mar 14, 2019 6:13 AM

Jul 2015
Beastars looks good
but after I knew that
i will not touch it
Mar 14, 2019 6:22 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
After reading the manga for Beastars im really hype for it, but i hope the combo Netflix + CGI doesnt ruin its chance of success in the West.

Anyway, +Ultra's line-up for the upcoming year looks way better than last year.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 14, 2019 7:39 AM

May 2015
tragedydesu said:
Beastars looks good
but after I knew that
i will not touch it
Dude,The manga does not focuses on it too long.So you should give it a shot.

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Mar 14, 2019 7:47 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
With nothing announced for Summer, does that mean that Carole & Tuesday will be 2-cours straight? It was already announced for two-cour, but I was assuming that it'll be a split cour. Well, this is definitely good news.

Super hyped for Beastars, as it's one of the best ongoing manga right now. Orange is a great CG studio to, so I'm not worried about the visuals. Netflix exclusivity does make me worry for its popularity. Also, it's pretty much confirmed to be one-cour, which is a shame because some of it's best moments could've been covered had it been two-cour. Fingers crossed for a second season announcement.
Mar 14, 2019 7:57 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, all these look glorious!

Especially looking forward to Carole & Tuesday and Beasters but the others look really good too! I hope Carole & Tuesday will be of two cours but I’m fine with a split-cour too and certainly Beasters to be >1 cour. Drifting Dragons seems like a cool show too, will keep an eye on it for now.

Highly looking forward to Kimi to Nami ni Noretara and Saenai Heroine: Fine Movie among the Movies! No announcement for Saenai Heroine: Fine on the finalised date yet so I’m assuming it’ll be in Fall, also since CloverWorks has got the Seishun Buta Yarou later this Summer.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 14, 2019 8:03 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
TheGeniusBaka said:
tragedydesu said:
Beastars looks good
but after I knew that
i will not touch it
saying that they're not focusing on it too much isnt gonna change his mind. even if that fact would be for only 1 second in the anime it would be too much for him. hes already a lost cause here.

Mar 14, 2019 8:05 AM
Jul 2018
Really underwhelming line-up like noitamina.
Mar 14, 2019 9:24 AM

Jul 2015
TheGeniusBaka said:
tragedydesu said:
Beastars looks good
but after I knew that
i will not touch it

Sorry but it's not something i can swallow
Mar 14, 2019 11:19 AM

May 2015
What are you doing Polygon Pictures? Where's my Sidonia 3!? Oh well...Drifting Dragons looks good too. Might be a better version of Between the Sea and Sky...

Gonna watch all three of these. Beastars looks to be the most different from the bunch, so I'll give it a shot.
Mar 14, 2019 2:14 PM
Jan 2017
I guess I'm the only one who is excited for Carole and Tuesday.
Mar 14, 2019 6:03 PM
Jul 2018
Rather this line better than noitaminA lineup.

Skimmed the first chapter of beaster and surprisingly its actually good as other says. But I have a feeling that will be seriously underwatched..

Really unsure about Carole & Tuesday but I liked the director brings up the script writer who have done TV shows so my curious is there.

Kuutei Dragons' coming in winter 2020 and is really far away.
Mar 14, 2019 6:21 PM

Oct 2010
13 fps janky CG show rivaling Berserk. Can't wait for more epic sauce to become poisoned with CGMonella.
Mar 14, 2019 7:00 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
VyseLegendaire said:
13 fps janky CG show rivaling Berserk. Can't wait for more epic sauce to become poisoned with CGMonella.
Which anime you're talking about ?

Mar 14, 2019 7:17 PM

Oct 2010
DatRandomDude said:
VyseLegendaire said:

Kuutei Dragons of course
Mar 14, 2019 7:29 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
VyseLegendaire said:
DatRandomDude said:

Kuutei Dragons of course

Oh, alright. Fair enough then !

Mar 14, 2019 7:47 PM
Feb 2014
Not that i have any interest in it since it's quite clear from the premise it's not something i'd like, but i feel bad for the fans of the manga, ya know?

And while the humans look ok, the dragon's certainly look mechanical and not at all organic, like they are machines, unless it was like that in the manga as well, this is a big fail, shame for Kuutei Dragons, at least Beastars seems to have better CGI.

Also getting two fully CGI anime soo soon, makes me fear more and more adaptations will follow this trend and i certainly don't want the anime medium to become full CGI like Western animation did! :(
My Shoujo, Josei and Female targeted anime adaptations starting from 2017+ stacks:

Part 1: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9181
Part 2: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9195
Part 3: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9225
Part 4: https://myanimelist.net/stacks/9280
Mar 15, 2019 10:12 AM
Mar 16, 2019 9:47 PM

Apr 2015
Kinda read the first volume of Beastars and boy was it awesome. Although, I didn't have the best first impression when it was shown to me by someone I follow on Twitter.

After seeing snip of other scenes I kinda feel confident that Orange studio could make me bare to watch a CGI anime.
Apr 29, 2019 6:01 PM

May 2018
The one i am most excited for was Kuutei dragon hopefully the CG will not look as bad as the trailer. Fingers cross.
Beastars look cool and have heard many good thing. Might check it out once it released.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
5 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 10 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
8 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
9 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.