Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Mar 12, 2019 10:33 PM

Feb 2010
DIMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

he is the MVP of this whole season, saving Mob everytime he's in trouble (vs Mogami, when his house was burning, now this)

Reigen and Teru being impressive as always and The Body Improvement Club part is the most amazing in this eps

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Mar 12, 2019 11:47 PM

Oct 2008
Damn! another awesome episode!
Thumbs-up for Ekubo possessing sleeping Shigeo and Muscle guy!
For sure Mob is stronger than a single Ultimate 5, that is if they bout on 1 vs 1...
LOL at Reigen suddenly being fired-up on strategizing things!
5/5.

Mar 13, 2019 12:43 AM
Nov 2016
Is episodes like these that makes me dislike this anime, while the episode wasn't bad I was cringing in some parts, for example how the fitness trainer guy was protecting Shigeo from getting stomped by that esper guy, I don't care how strong that fitness trainer body is but there's no fucking way in hell his body would have handled that stomp without being turned to pieces because that esper guy can destroy rocks and boulders easily and a rock is plenty times stronger than a human body so yeah, that part was fucking stupid. With that stomp the fitness trainer guy should have died or at least have his spinal cord broken for fucks sake.

I can understand the part where Dimple possessed the fitness trainer guy to gain super powers and by that point being able to resist the stomp or whatever but not when he was a normal human being.
xZabuzaxMar 13, 2019 12:48 AM
Mar 13, 2019 1:07 AM

Oct 2016
xZabuzax said:
Is episodes like these that makes me dislike this anime, while the episode wasn't bad I was cringing in some parts, for example how the fitness trainer guy was protecting Shigeo from getting stomped by that esper guy, I don't care how strong that fitness trainer body is but there's no fucking way in hell his body would have handled that stomp without being turned to pieces because that esper guy can destroy rocks and boulders easily and a rock is plenty times stronger than a human body so yeah, that part was fucking stupid. With that stomp the fitness trainer guy should have died or at least have his spinal cord broken for fucks sake.

I can understand the part where Dimple possessed the fitness trainer guy to gain super powers and by that point being able to resist the stomp or whatever but not when he was a normal human being.

Isn't it rather petty to find fault regarding realism in a minor transition scene of a supernatural anime show that constantly plays with abstract art? You might as well argue that fire doesn't flicker the way it is drawn or that the amount Reigen sweats on a daily basis isn't healthy for an adult human. Not to mention Captain's resilience could easily be explained away by the ambiguity of the exact moment Dimple possessed him.
Mar 13, 2019 2:53 AM
Jan 2017
what the great episode,, im so exciting when ekubo posseing the mucle club leader and make the 100% mucle power to beat the ultimate 5 its so great moment,,
Mar 13, 2019 3:41 AM
Jun 2017
So much hype, wish this season had few more episodes just to give the fights their due justice.
Mar 13, 2019 3:57 AM

Apr 2016
Soometimes it's a joke. Sometimes it isn't. I dont know
bitchassdarius said:
lunarxlunar said:

Can you elaborate on which parts of the scripting feel wrong to you? Especially for the best episodes, s2 ep7, 6 and 1.
I didnt find anything especially redundant in those.
I dont find any problems with dialogues as long as they are used well. Talking is just a part of life and how are you supposed to portray the life of a kid trying to socialize and be popular without heavy dialogues. (Probably not even that heavy)

I mean Im not a film expert but I dont think show dont tell means you shouldnt have too many dialogues. It means you dont tell the message directly. Social Network has a lot of dialogues but its still great. Oh from wiki it even won best adapted screenplay from academy award, ok.

you're misunderstanding what i'm saying. i'm not saying anything about "too many dialogues." is english your second language? genuinely curious, i admire greatly those that are bilingual and multilingual. however, in no way did imply that the amount of dialogues is the problem. what i did mean was that since dialogue is such an important method this show chooses to direct it's narrative progression, then the QUALITY of the dialogue should be analyzed. and by no means can this be considered good dialogue.

for instance, not even 5 minutes into the first episode of s2, you have a villain, the plant possessing spirit, tell mob that all he's doing is destroying "but a tiny portion of the plants I control." tell me, under what situation would any person in a fight reveal to the person that he is fighting his weakness? if i'm fighting you, why would i tell you that i'm right handed? this shit doesn't make any sense, and this level of dialogue is typically found in the ubiquitous shounen jump battle anime that isn't really known for quality scripting. i could go into the other episodes you listed but i dont have much time at the time i'm writing this to do so.

Nidhi_Manju said:

yea, "bitchassdarius" just constantly complains abt how the characters "explain their powers" too much while completely missing the point that ITS A JOKE that every esper other than mob does that. they all talk big abt. their powers, and then get blown away by a middleschooler. thats the joke. idk how he watched this far without getting that lol.

if you think any of the bad scripting is a joke, you either A) don't know what a joke is; or B) don't know what a parody is. there is nothing parodic about mob psycho, and it's not a joke when a bunch of characters do the same thing over and over again. mob psycho is not a parody, if you think it is the onus is on you to prove it. even if by some twisted understanding of comedy we consider this a joke, then this is a joke that has been beaten more than a dead horse, in which case what we have here is bad comedy. so if you really with to die on this absurd hill you label as "jokes," then you're just saying mob psycho does shitty comedy, which is up to you to defend that claim. but you're not going to do either

Ok....yes its my second language.
I was mistaken but if it's just the exposition of power, it seems even more trivial to me, not only that, but also missing the point. Villains in this series are manchildren who are obsessed with their status. They dress, talk and act like a badass just to find their own place. The show is mocking their bahavior so when a villain does that it fits.
Sometimes its not a joke? Teru might also have explained his power. I dont remember. Its just how it is for shonen. I dont want to complain fried food being fat. (Not saying shonen is fast food) It seems petty to find realism in shonen. Not everything has to be realistic. Sometimes its ok for shows to be cheesy. This isnt the that type of show where everything has to be down to earth.
If its exposition of power is the biggest thing you remember coming out of this show, I dont think the show is for you anyway. Because the best episodes( the best slice of life parts) dont have any of that.
BarnaldMar 14, 2019 3:22 PM
Mar 13, 2019 5:37 AM

Mar 2014
Nurguburu said:
The show is getting better.

Reigen defeating all of them with a spray is hilarious.

not being nitpicky or anything but we are on episode 10, this show being doing "better" for a long while now
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Mar 13, 2019 8:04 AM

Mar 2014
uninstallthegame said:
holy shit, i can't believe he did it. the madman did it. what a champ

Anybody can do that if they throw enough money at it. Didn't you hear her ask if he spent more money lol
Mar 13, 2019 8:13 AM

Aug 2018
Stark700 said:
Dimple's fight this episode was dope.

Hell yeah. Dimple got some pretty good action this episode, kind of like last season when it got close to the end as well.

I also like the positive message of working hard to achieve things, with regard to the muscles and how the muscles trained were superior to "artificially buffed" muscles by psychic powers.

This episode is dope and I can't wait for the next one hahaha
Mar 13, 2019 10:53 AM

Sep 2011
Man I wish the quoting system on MAL was better. You guys have some funny trolls.
Mar 13, 2019 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
Glad Teru is okay. Dimple and Reigen make me laugh so much. XD
Mar 13, 2019 12:36 PM
Nov 2016
Germs_N_Spices said:
xZabuzax said:

Isn't it rather petty to find fault regarding realism in a minor transition scene of a supernatural anime show that constantly plays with abstract art? You might as well argue that fire doesn't flicker the way it is drawn or that the amount Reigen sweats on a daily basis isn't healthy for an adult human. Not to mention Captain's resilience could easily be explained away by the ambiguity of the exact moment Dimple possessed him.

Yeah it is indeed rather petty to find fault on these type of scenes because this is a shounen anime and these type of animes are supposed to be full of crap like these that makes no sense but I just can't help it when I see it. Sure, Dimple possessing him can be explained on why he resisted the stomp but we all know that wasn't the case, he didn't had Dimple before the stomp, he resisted the stomp with his human body for a while and THEN Dimple possessed him. Extremely cringy for my taste and this is just another plot armor which allowed him to not get smashed into pieces.

That's like having a normal human being in Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Super resisting a Kamehameha from Goku. If the normal human stays alive after the Kamehameha then that would be absurd and would also be cringy for my taste, well... that same shit happened here with the stomp. I can understand a superhuman resisting these type of things but not normal humans because that's simply a stupid plot armor and Reigen sweating a lot exist, that's called Hyperhidrosis so there's nothing wrong with it, I have palmar Hyperhidrosis myself so I also sweat a lot from my hands.
xZabuzaxMar 13, 2019 12:42 PM
Mar 13, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
xZabuzax said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Yeah it is indeed rather petty to find fault on these type of scenes because this is a shounen anime and these type of animes are supposed to be full of crap like these that makes no sense but I just can't help it when I see it. Sure, Dimple possessing him can be explained on why he resisted the stomp but we all know that wasn't the case, he didn't had Dimple before the stomp, he resisted the stomp with his human body for a while and THEN Dimple possessed him. Extremely cringy for my taste and this is just another plot armor which allowed him to not get smashed into pieces.

That's like having a normal human being in Dragon Ball Z or Dragon Ball Super resisting a Kamehameha from Goku. If the normal human stays alive after the Kamehameha then that would be absurd and would also be cringy for my taste, well... that same shit happened here with the stomp. I can understand a superhuman resisting these type of things but not normal humans because that's simply a stupid plot armor and Reigen sweating a lot exist, that's called Hyperhidrosis so there's nothing wrong with it, I have palmar Hyperhidrosis myself so I also sweat a lot from my hands.

It’s not really the same thing. Dragon Ball’s writing has always been based on a tangible scale to determine who can or can’t do something. The writing is considered poor when that scale is undermined, as is the case for multiple other shounen.

Using the logic you’ve applied, Dimple possessing Musashi to overpower Shibata should be your primary complaint. Dimple didn’t enhance his muscle through psychic powers. He brought out its latent potential, which is entirely natural and man made. Why does that work in this scenario? It works because, with MP100, the writing isn’t focused around powers and who’s stronger than who. That aspect is only ever showcased for narrative purposes, and that purpose is written around thematic consistency. The themes present in these scenarios is what you’re meant to pay attention to. Looking back on S1, Dimple would always tell Mob to stop working out like regular humans and focus on his physic abilities. Using that to foreshadow Dimple’s character development this arc is what made the writing rich.

You have to keep in mind that this is only considered a shounen because of the main character’s age. The writing is still closer to OPM than any other battle shounen.
Mar 13, 2019 4:16 PM
Nov 2016
hornetsentinel said:

It’s not really the same thing. Dragon Ball’s writing has always been based on a tangible scale to determine who can or can’t do something. The writing is considered poor when that scale is undermined, as is the case for multiple other shounen.

For me is the same thing dude, the same also happens in Dragon Ball Super which also has crappy writing like this, for example seeing someone weak like Master Roshi competing in the tournament of power and having his way against those super powered guys that are most likely above 1 million power level is absurd but at least I can forgive this somewhat by thinking that Master Roshi is not a normal human being, he's someone that destroyed the moon after all in Dragon Ball so he's clearly stronger than most humans, the only ones stronger than him are the Z warriors. The Dragon Ball Franchise is not consistent with the power level thing and I expected a short anime like Mob Psycho to avoid these type of issues.
hornetsentinel said:

Using the logic you’ve applied, Dimple possessing Musashi to overpower Shibata should be your primary complaint. Dimple didn’t enhance his muscle through psychic powers. He brought out its latent potential, which is entirely natural and man made.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, Dimple clearly enhanced his latent potential and also gave him additional power because there's no way in hell that a normal human being would be able to throw another human that high into the sky without superpowers, he thrown him so high that the bad guy reached a third floor of a building, you can only achieve this with superpowers so I can easily forgive this by saying that Dimple enhanced his muscles and gave him additional powers.
hornetsentinel said:

The themes present in these scenarios is what you’re meant to pay attention to. Looking back on S1, Dimple would always tell Mob to stop working out like regular humans and focus on his physic abilities. Using that to foreshadow Dimple’s character development this arc is what made the writing rich. ".

I'm not saying the anime is bad, what I'm saying is that little details like these which is not consistent at all with realism makes these type of anime lose potential. This anime has character development and that's good but the thing that is not good is having a super powered guy that can destroy buildings easily try to stomp a normal human and suddenly that normal human resist the stomp with his back for a while without getting smashed like a potato, crap like these is what I find hard to forget.

On an unrelated note, this forum needs to be updated, the quoting mechanic of this forum is complete crap compared to other forums.
xZabuzaxMar 13, 2019 4:43 PM
Mar 13, 2019 6:57 PM

May 2016
great episode, although I was waiting for mob to finally wake up and he didn't until the very end :/

Mar 13, 2019 7:47 PM

Feb 2013
xZabuzax said:
hornetsentinel said:

For me is the same thing dude, the same also happens in Dragon Ball Super which also has crappy writing like this, for example seeing someone weak like Master Roshi competing in the tournament of power and having his way against those super powered guys that are most likely above 1 million power level is absurd but at least I can forgive this somewhat by thinking that Master Roshi is not a normal human being, he's someone that destroyed the moon after all in Dragon Ball so he's clearly stronger than most humans, the only ones stronger than him are the Z warriors. The Dragon Ball Franchise is not consistent with the power level thing and I expected a short anime like Mob Psycho to avoid these type of issues.
hornetsentinel said:

Using the logic you’ve applied, Dimple possessing Musashi to overpower Shibata should be your primary complaint. Dimple didn’t enhance his muscle through psychic powers. He brought out its latent potential, which is entirely natural and man made.

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree, Dimple clearly enhanced his latent potential and also gave him additional power because there's no way in hell that a normal human being would be able to throw another human that high into the sky without superpowers, he thrown him so high that the bad guy reached a third floor of a building, you can only achieve this with superpowers so I can easily forgive this by saying that Dimple enhanced his muscles and gave him additional powers.
hornetsentinel said:

The themes present in these scenarios is what you’re meant to pay attention to. Looking back on S1, Dimple would always tell Mob to stop working out like regular humans and focus on his physic abilities. Using that to foreshadow Dimple’s character development this arc is what made the writing rich. ".

I'm not saying the anime is bad, what I'm saying is that little details like these which is not consistent at all with realism makes these type of anime lose potential. This anime has character development and that's good but the thing that is not good is having a super powered guy that can destroy buildings easily try to stomp a normal human and suddenly that normal human resist the stomp with his back for a while without getting smashed like a potato, crap like these is what I find hard to forget.

On an unrelated note, this forum needs to be updated, the quoting mechanic of this forum is complete crap compared to other forums.

You say his muscles were enhanced because its not possible for him do what he did without enhancements, yet that's immediately following your complaint of it being impossible to do what he did prior to Dimple taking over. If you feel the latter is bad writing, then I fail to see why that wouldn't extend to the sequence of events that followed right after it. To imply that the same established logic, or lack thereof, isn't being applied to two subsequent events would be the worst instance of writing here. Its borderline schizophrenic. I'm not sure why you'd forgive that.

Beyond that, when you mention realism and consistency, you're still overlooking the logic that's been showcased throughout the entire series. For instance, take two scenes from episode 4:

Realistically, Reigen covering his head is irrelevant when put beside the fact that he was brutally slammed against concrete to the point where the concrete itself broke. I'm not a doctor or anything, so if I'm wrong in assuming that an adult male would likely be killed by this, its safe to say that he'd AT LEAST be crippled for the remainder of the events occurring this season.

He has a massive gaping hole through his chest with no medical assistance for what was apparently hours. I don't think I have to say the rest.

What this says is that looking for logic in human resistance against superpowers won't work because its very well established that this concept does not abide by realistic laws.
Mar 13, 2019 8:01 PM
Nov 2016
hornetsentinel said:
xZabuzax said:

You say his muscles were enhanced because its not possible for him do what he did without enhancements, yet that's immediately following your complaint of it being impossible to do what he did prior to Dimple taking over. If you feel the latter is bad writing, then I fail to see why that wouldn't extend to the sequence of events that followed right after it. To imply that the same established logic, or lack thereof, isn't being applied to two subsequent events would be the worst instance of writing here. Its borderline schizophrenic. I'm not sure why you'd forgive that.

Beyond that, when you mention realism and consistency, you're still overlooking the logic that's been showcased throughout the entire series. For instance, take two scenes from episode 4:

Realistically, Reigen covering his head is irrelevant when put beside the fact that he was brutally slammed against concrete to the point where the concrete itself broke. I'm not a doctor or anything, so if I'm wrong in assuming that an adult male would likely be killed by this, its safe to say that he'd AT LEAST be crippled for the remainder of the events occurring this season.

He has a massive gaping hole through his chest with no medical assistance for what was apparently hours. I don't think I have to say the rest.

What this says is that looking for logic in human resistance against superpowers won't work because its very well established that this concept does not abide by realistic laws.

Yeah thanks for bringing that up, those scenes were pretty stupid too because a normal human being would have died with that or be severely injured to the point of death. Reigen resisting that slam is one of those stupid plot armors which I dislike. At least the 2nd one was pretty close to the point of death, he survived but at least he was close to dying so that one gets the pass from me I guess...

I usually forgive crap like that in other type of shounen animes like Naruto because they are ninjas with superpowers, they can use chakra and all and do all type of crazy shit that no other human being could do but when I see a normal human in an anime then I expect them to act like normal humans even on shounen animes.
xZabuzaxMar 13, 2019 8:42 PM
Mar 13, 2019 9:17 PM

Apr 2016
Guys this is the same show where mob destroyed the whole school and there were still no witnesses.
This is the type of shows which prove realism is overrated. When the story consistently doesnt take itself seriously in terms of not abiding real life rules. You shouldnt expect it to do otherwise.
What matters is the characters, themes and emotion, not some pedantic details. It's not like it suddenly changed from being logical to not. It has always been choosing style over logic in a lot of moments.
The point is those "plot holes" dont hinder the presentation of the themes and characters. They only make the show look cooler. Like the ground doesnt necessarily have to break if you want it to be realistic. But otherwise the scene would've looked dull.
Mar 13, 2019 10:15 PM
Nov 2015
lunarxlunar said:
Guys this is the same show where mob destroyed the whole school and there were still no witnesses.
This is the type of shows which prove realism is overrated. When the story consistently doesnt take itself seriously in terms of not abiding real life rules. You shouldnt expect it to do otherwise.
What matters is the characters, themes and emotion, not some pedantic details. It's not like it suddenly changed from being logical to not. It has always been choosing style over logic in a lot of moments.
The point is those "plot holes" dont hinder the presentation of the themes and characters. They only make the show look cooler. Like the ground doesnt necessarily have to break if you want it to be realistic. But otherwise the scene would've looked dull.
lunarxlunar said:

Please ignore them.

They are SJW and don't like joke fun anime.

They want realistic and realism bullshit for political agenda.
Mar 13, 2019 10:24 PM

Dec 2016
Another God-Tier episode
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Mar 13, 2019 11:33 PM
Nov 2016
lunarxlunar said:

Point taken but it just feels weird for me when that happens. Another example would be this: imagine if Frieza from Dragon Ball Z/Super or whatever tries to kill a normal human with a stomp and then suddenly another normal human appears and stop Frieza's stomp with his back for a couple of seconds and survive, with no damage or anything, no broken bones, no broken spinal chord, etc... wouldn't that be stupid?

The manga author (ONE) of Mob Psycho can still provide a good story while leaving the example I made out of it because it just doesn't feel right.
Mar 14, 2019 12:19 AM

Nov 2015
lmao people are complaining about realism when in episode 4 of season 1 the Body Improvement clap was casually slapping people and sending them to the air higher than this episode. It's even funnier when the complain comes from who rate OPM a 10 when there's even more ridiculous human feats on OPM. Mumen rider for example.
Mar 14, 2019 12:28 AM

Apr 2016
xZabuzax said:
lunarxlunar said:

Point taken but it just feels weird for me when that happens. Another example would be this: imagine if Frieza from Dragon Ball Z/Super or whatever tries to kill a normal human with a stomp and then suddenly another normal human appears and stop Frieza's stomp with his back for a couple of seconds and survive, with no damage or anything, no broken bones, no broken spinal chord, etc... wouldn't that be stupid?

The manga author (ONE) of Mob Psycho can still provide a good story while leaving the example I made out of it because it just doesn't feel right.

Sorry for making things confusing.
I meant to say its a shonen, so having exposition isnt all that jarring to me. (But I assume it's actually mocking shonen. But I dont remember whether teru has explained anything abt powers after he turned. Whatever.)

But for all other things("plot holes") that arent shonen tropes,
I consider this show like Rick and Morty or South Park. Very different shows but they are all consistent on their style. R&M shares more similarities with mp100 and Id say there are some bypassed logic in R&M too just because it's a cartoon and a sitcom. I dont see much difference for mob psycho. Its less of a sitcom but also kind of is? (Also there are older shonen manga like guyver just dont explain things because it knows its better to have fun than being self serious.) Just because other shows("mainstream") are like that doesnt mean mob also has to take itself very seriously and explain every supernatural power or things that dont apply to rea life.

Actually one piece is like that too. People just have super strength and you can actually blow air in your bones from your thumb. No extra explanation needed because the manga has always been goofy.
So mob is not that weird I guess.

Edit: Jojo is probably the best example for being ridiculous but its just not my thing.
lunarxlunarMar 14, 2019 12:42 AM
Mar 14, 2019 1:08 AM
Nov 2016
PiggyBancon said:
lmao people are complaining about realism when in episode 4 of season 1 the Body Improvement clap was casually slapping people and sending them to the air higher than this episode. It's even funnier when the complain comes from who rate OPM a 10 when there's even more ridiculous human feats on OPM. Mumen rider for example.

One Punch Man gets the free pass from me because most of the heroes have superpowers, they are not normal humans. Mumen Rider can be considered a skilled normal human, I have no problem with him because he always gets his butt kicked because he always fight monsters stronger than him and the fight between him and Deep Sea King went exactly how it should go, he got injured badly and that's because Deep Sea King was only toying with him, he didn't even tried to kill him. And BTW, if I see a normal human blocking an attack from Boros without suffering broken bones or anything then yeah, I would cringe. By normal humans I'm talking about the random people on the streets, not Class-C heroes because they are considered a lot stronger than normal humans.

Another thing is that I consider OPM more of a gag manga/anime so the crazy shit that happens there gets a free pass, I consider Mob Psycho a bit more serious on that regard and I want serious manga/animes to act more mature in those stuff.

That's the reason I love Steins;Gate, it's a serious mature anime that has time travel stuff and the characters acts like normal human beings that can get injured and the reason I hated Steins;Gate 0 is because they tried to make some characters act like rambo/terminator by fighting a whole trained squadron in the middle of the warzone while dodging bullets and shit, Steins;Gate 0 sucked for me because they ruined a serious mature anime with crap like that which I only expected to see in shounen animes. That's not the only reason why I hated Steins;Gate 0 but that part was definitely the cherry on top for me.

lunarxlunar said:

Sorry for making things confusing.
I meant to say its a shonen, so having exposition isnt all that jarring to me. (But I assume it's actually mocking shonen. But I dont remember whether teru has explained anything abt powers after he turned. Whatever.)

But for all other things("plot holes") that arent shonen tropes,
I consider this show like Rick and Morty or South Park. Very different shows but they are all consistent on their style. R&M shares more similarities with mp100 and Id say there are some bypassed logic in R&M too just because it's a cartoon and a sitcom. I dont see much difference for mob psycho. Its less of a sitcom but also kind of is? Just because other shows("mainstream") are like that doesnt mean mob also has to take itself very seriously and explain every supernatural power or things that dont apply to rea life.

Actually one piece is like that too. People just have super strength and you can actually blow air in your bones from your thumb. No extra explanation needed because the manga has always been goofy.
So mob is not that weird I guess.

I understand your point, for me Mob Psycho is more mature than this and this is why I don't like to see the type of stuff that happened in episode 10. I don't mind the thing that happens in One Piece because they also have all type of crazy superpowers there, I don't take One Piece seriously but I do with Mob Psycho somehow. It's probably the presentation of Mob Psycho that makes me see that anime a bit more serious than the other shounen animes.
xZabuzaxMar 14, 2019 1:37 AM
Mar 14, 2019 2:12 AM

Apr 2016
xZabuzax said:
hornetsentinel said:

Yeah thanks for bringing that up, those scenes were pretty stupid too because a normal human being would have died with that or be severely injured to the point of death. Reigen resisting that slam is one of those stupid plot armors which I dislike. At least the 2nd one was pretty close to the point of death, he survived but at least he was close to dying so that one gets the pass from me I guess...

I usually forgive crap like that in other type of shounen animes like Naruto because they are ninjas with superpowers, they can use chakra and all and do all type of crazy shit that no other human being could do but when I see a normal human in an anime then I expect them to act like normal humans even on shounen animes.

People need to stop throwing the word "plot armour" around. It's same as "asspull". They dont mean shit to film(?) criticism. People usually use them to criticize contrived plot, but not really.
It's only a problem when the show is setting up something too large and then fails to find a solution and try an easy way out to push the plot forward.
I get it can feel cheat when naruto sets up tail beasts(in that red cloak mode) to be so strong only to let kakashi and guy casually handle 6 of them without any hints of them being on that level of strength.
But it dont feel cheat when Reigen can withstand more pressure than usual because (1)the story didnt set up training/planning to beat the villain as the goal and (2) this show isnt about power level.
Mob is at max lvl from start. ONE can write whatever he wants to let mob beat the villain. What he learns from the confrontation and how he confronts the villain emotionally are way more important than the physics/mechanics of the fight.
Also, the themes are mature but the show never takes itself or the fights seriously. Why would the fights be important when characters keep saying having superpower doesnt make you special? The strongest character in the whole show only knows to use the blandest ways to attack. They look cool, but they dont have much to think about. Thats all.

You like it or not is totally personal preference though.
lunarxlunarMar 14, 2019 2:24 AM
Mar 14, 2019 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
redcobra said:
lunarxlunar said:
lunarxlunar said:

Please ignore them.

redcobra said:
lunarxlunar said:
lunarxlunar said:

Please ignore them.

Uh not sure if you guys misinterpreted my post but I was showing that MP100 has never tried to be realistic for it to be a valid critique against it
Mar 14, 2019 5:45 AM

Jan 2011
Body Improvement Club are best bros.
Mar 14, 2019 7:03 AM

Mar 2019
The amount of people who consistently refuse to get the point of the series is appalling. You'd figure after getting this far into it they'd know ONE works with themes and narratives on a subjective plane, never chaining himself to realism, lending the series to absurdity to better convey the message at the core of the series.

It's akin to watching The Lobster and saying "this movie is dumb the government wouldn't do that it has many problems how would other countries react???".
Mar 14, 2019 7:38 AM
Oct 2017
lunarxlunar said:

Ok....yes its my second language.
I was mistaken but if it's just the exposition of power, it seems even more trivial to me, not only that, but also missing the point. Villains in this series are manchildren who are obsessed with their status. They dress, talk and act like a badass just to find their own place. The show is mocking their bahavior so when a villain does that it fits.
Sometimes its not a joke? Teru might also have explained his power. I dont remember. Its just how it is for shonen. I dont want to complain fried food being fat. (Not saying shonen is fast food) It seems petty to find realism in shonen. Not everything has to be realistic. Sometimes its ok for shows to be cheesy. This isnt the that type of show where everything has to be down to earth.
If its exposition of power is the biggest thing you remember coming out of this show, I dont think the show is for you anyway. Because the best episodes( the best slice of life parts) dont have any of that.

this is an extremely generous reading of the show that doesn't even work. if characters on both sides, villains and allies, do this, then you're just wrong. if you watch the first season, during ritsu attempt to break out of claw imprisonment, the kids with the shitty powers do this as well. everyone character is subject to this bad scripting, so this idea that the show is "mocking their behaviour" is a falsehood. there is no joke, it's all played "seriously" in the sense that the script is intended to explain the power, nothing more nothing less.
BarnaldMar 14, 2019 3:23 PM
Mar 14, 2019 7:44 AM
Mar 2017
No doubt as we get closer to the end, the quality of the episodes goes up, THIS ANIME IS AWESOME, with only three remaining episodes, I can only wait for an EPIC ending.
The Boss of Claw has planned a radical change for society, psychics users will be the new governors.
It is incredible the power that the psychic soldiers have, they demolished several buildings and defeated the police, imagine the power of the 5 psychics next to the Boss, it must be lethal.

Damn Reigen never changes, first he refuses to get involved in this battle of psychics, but after they deny him his insurance, the wrath of this forces him to enter the battle, thus leading to the pyromaniacal that burned his office.
Reigen and his spray made me laugh a lot, he knockout the psychic soldiers without any problem, I really like the effort of Reigen and Dimple to keep Mob safe.
Minegishi and his power to control plants I liked a lot, he defeated Shou's friends easily, I wonder how powerful he is?

Shibata is a damn muscle tank, Reigen's spray made him a furious and unstoppable monster.
Dimple proved to be a very useful character again, he saved Mob, but he also saved Tsubomi from being involved in this fight.
Shimazaki and his power of teleportation is terrifying, I wonder if the group that went to the sewers will survive?
The guys from the bodybuilding club are the best, the support they have given to Mob is incredible and now the group is trying really hard so Shibata does not hurt his partner, best guys and Musashi was best man, my regards to him for defending Mob and Dimple took all the muscle potential of Musashi by possessing him and they defeated him, but Shibata was still conscious and he attacks again, but is Mob who wake up and finally defeats him.
Things get more difficult for the rebel group, but i hope the awakening of Mob will give them a turn in this very complicated situation and the preview shows moments with a lot of action so I hope this anime continues this EXCELLENT QUALITY THAT ALWAYS HAD.
Mar 14, 2019 7:38 PM

Aug 2016
boring first half, Fun second half. this anime is nice to watch when the main characters make a move. just don´t care about the rest. and even the later isn´t as entertaining as watching them in 1st season. still ok sequel so far. Body improvement club should have their own OVAs
MichaelJacksonApr 7, 2019 12:15 AM
:v
Mar 15, 2019 11:01 AM

Jun 2012
Dimple-powered Musashi was fking great, nice end to an otherwise "eh" episode. Next week Mob's back, let the hype flow.
Mar 16, 2019 9:38 AM

Jun 2013
Another wonderful episode! I keep saying this but the Anime is so much better than the manga. Yes, the manga is more "complete" but the voice acting, colors, animation and movement and so much more makes this series an amazing experience. I've watched the first season over and over again and once the second season ends, I will do the same.

I loved the how precious Serizawa was, thinking he could become a company executive. Those fucking badass scenes of Dimple possessing both Mob and Musashi and making them fight. Dimple is right, Musashi is leagues ahead of purple muscle guy. Hard work will always trump a body that was artificially enhanced by psychic powers. It reminds me of those guys who inject her muscles with this type of oil to make it look bigger so that on weekends they have a "muscular" body. That will never trump a body that was built with hard work and dedication.
臭い-
Mar 16, 2019 6:41 PM
Apr 2018
sarath2002 said:
Ekubo and the captain were the real heroes this episode.

Yes. Ekubo ftw, and it was proven that Shigeo isn't wasting his time in the body improvement club!
Mar 16, 2019 9:51 PM
Aug 2017
Captain and Dimples 100% muscle usage wow ahaha overpowered steroids. Captain was MVP this ep dam cant wait next ep.
Mar 17, 2019 1:08 AM
Aug 2017
uninstallthegame said:

pretty nice build up episode. the next couple of episodes are gonna be massive NUT

He probably whales in Mobblue Fantasy
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Mar 17, 2019 8:55 AM

Aug 2013
A great episode.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Mar 18, 2019 12:41 PM

Jan 2015
Omg, this series turned out so intense. I'm really enjoying it more than first season. Finally, Mob woke up.
Mar 19, 2019 9:26 AM

Oct 2012
I miss the old,funny, episodes...
Mar 19, 2019 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
I DIED LAUGHING WHEN REIGEN USED THAT PERFUME THO LMFAO, HE'S SUCH A LUCKY HOT BASTARD I CAN'T EVEN

i can never get enough of dimple mob, where's mob with a gun tho!! >A<

lmao musashi be like... beyond the limits! PLUUUUS ULTRAAAA!! i love how well they adapted this, im so proud of this strong friendo, shigeo deserves love and affection :')
Mar 24, 2019 8:14 AM

May 2015
BODY IMPROVEMENT CLUB FTW!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 31, 2019 8:08 PM

Jul 2013
Reigen was to funny this episode. His face after hearing that he won't get compensated for his burned office was just priceless. :D

That plant guy seems super strong. Even the 3 subordinates of Sho looked anything but weak but they were no match. In the meantime Reigen knocked everyone out with the sleep parfume he stole from Sakurai. Unfortunately Shibata was to tough and got even stronger from it lol.

I absolutely loved the appearance of the body improvement club. Damn these guys are real buddies. When Goda protected Mob at first I thought he developed psychic power but Dimple just fooled me >.<

But even then it was so epic when these 2 monster fought with their pumped muscles. Dimple is definitely right. Trained muscles > fake muscles. At least Mob finally woke up. I guess it's party time.

So the claw boss has multiple persons who are as strong as the scars.

Apr 4, 2019 12:33 PM

May 2012
That was really great to be honest, really impressive episode and what an ending! Let's see what's next.
Apr 6, 2019 7:46 PM

Jun 2015
dimple's got some mad powers, no wonder he was a cult leader
Apr 7, 2019 5:24 AM

Jul 2013
That leader of Claw, does he have psychic powers too? Cause he's not doing anything aside from ordering people left and right kinda like Reigen lol. Anyway, those body building club members are real bros.
Apr 9, 2019 6:36 AM

Dec 2015
They guys from the Body Improvement club are true bros. Kageyama has good senpais looking out for him.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 12, 2019 5:14 PM

Aug 2007
uninstallthegame said:

pretty nice build up episode. the next couple of episodes are gonna be massive NUT

This was honestly the best part of the whole episode. The timing was hilarious.

Apr 20, 2019 4:24 AM

Mar 2012
Way to go Muscle Bros! Dimple too lol.
May 7, 2019 10:29 PM

May 2013
Musashi *heart eyes* Whatta manssssss! So badass. Def deserve the title of captain :D

Reigen's sleep cologne was soooooo funny! Hahahahh xD

Ritsu is not stronger than Mob lmao, but a boi can dream ;P Love Ritsu tho <333333
That kiddo tells himself he's stronger than his dad, ahhahahah.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Apr 1, 2019

405 by strawberryfools »»
Apr 22, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 4, 2019

420 by SorrowG »»
Apr 15, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Jiharo - Dec 4, 2018

347 by Nm-Lahm »»
Apr 5, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

251 by squiddard »»
Apr 1, 4:36 PM

Poll: » Mob Psycho 100 II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

217 by squiddard »»
Mar 30, 5:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.