Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 5:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, I guess we're reaching the climax of this arc.

Fiamma of the Right is really pushing his plans while the world seems helpless. While all this is happening, Sasha is back! It's been awhile. Looks like she's now one of Fiamma's target Also got to see Carissa taking on the Archangel Gabriel. What a beast that is.

That's a power of God for you.
Mar 8, 2019 5:42 AM

Apr 2014
Gab still got the short end of the budget, I laughed when a wing just exploded a car, she didn’t even kill the people in the car.

Wow the directing team still do not know how to demonstrate power. Mountain range shattering turns into car shattering.

Well...it is a small improvement over the popsicle in S1. But that’s a low bar.

And look at the credits, well well well, if it isn’t good old Nishikori. So you finally came back huh? Not going to pawn it off to the intern again? Not that makes much difference though.
ap1001Mar 8, 2019 5:54 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Mar 8, 2019 8:27 AM

Jul 2012
I think it was not that bad, yet again sad it needs to be crammed up into one episode, but for what it is - decent.
Takitsubou and Hamazura's moment and her smiling was cute.
Just not always bashing the animation, i like how the Star of Bethlehem looks.
Mar 8, 2019 8:50 AM

Apr 2014
allenjke said:
I think it was not that bad, yet again sad it needs to be crammed up into one episode, but for what it is - decent.
Takitsubou and Hamazura's moment and her smiling was cute.
Just not always bashing the animation, i like how the Star of Bethlehem looks.

Yeah, I’m just complaining about the details. Probably be my last post before the anime ends, too busy processing spoilers from NT22.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Mar 8, 2019 9:05 AM

Dec 2018
YES! we approach to finish this promotional anime for railgun saga and accelerator show.
Mar 8, 2019 9:32 AM

Feb 2013
Hm, that angel looks a bit stupid, hope it has more attacks too.
Mar 8, 2019 10:17 AM

Oct 2010
Here we go again.
Something is happening but who know what exactly and what for?
Do not think, just watch. Feel the story.

Quizz: Who out of the characters got no screen time this episode?

On the other side, I've started thinking: what was the point of this season? what creators tried to achieve?
to have a check marks on volumes adapted?
or just to get maximal profit out of the budget?
or may be this is Taboo Tatoo collab?

masaka...
they don't really think they are doing seriously decent adaptation?
because that would be a serious chuunibyou case.
Mar 8, 2019 10:24 AM

Nov 2016
I love Gabriel voice, her scream with random word gave me chill. Misaka dont even think to join the battle, you would easily knocked out.
Mar 8, 2019 10:27 AM

Jun 2017
This got me hyped for next week

Yay, more accelerator
can't wait for his own spin off adaptation
Mar 8, 2019 10:46 AM

Apr 2015
I think they used a big part of their budget/time for animating the 2nd opening and drawing the Star of Bethlehem with such details. But the whole scenario and animation are just awful.
They removed so many important scenes so you don't understand a thing if you didn't read the novels. Of course, there are some unnecessary moments like Carissa saying that she possesses several Cortana fragments. And so what? Did that change a thing? No, I don't think so. The whole fight between Gabriel and Carissa/Versailles tag team is meh. Even Sasha vs. Kanzaki in Angel Fall arc is much better than this shit.
KasuraSMar 8, 2019 10:51 AM
Mar 8, 2019 11:09 AM

Aug 2013
Decent episode.

Gabriel seems quite powerful and it will be difficult to beat him.

Looking forward to next week's episode with Kazakiri appearance.

Mar 8, 2019 12:39 PM
Oct 2018
geptor said:
Here we go again.

On the other side, I've started thinking: what was the point of this season? what creators tried to achieve?

masaka...
KasuraS said:
I think they used a big part of their budget/time for animating the 2nd opening and drawing the Star of Bethlehem with such details. But the whole scenario and animation are just awful.
They removed so many important scenes so you don't understand a thing if you didn't read the novels. Of course, there are some unnecessary moments like Carissa saying that she possesses several Cortana fragments. And so what? Did that change a thing? No, I don't think so. The whole fight between Gabriel and Carissa/Versailles tag team is meh. Even Sasha vs. Kanzaki in Angel Fall arc is much better than this shit.

It’s a little funny that you guys say that considering this current arc actually is one of the better adaptations, this episode specifically included everything
Mar 8, 2019 1:04 PM
Dec 2018
Tiau said:
geptor said:
Here we go again.

masaka...
KasuraS said:

It’s a little funny that you guys say that considering this current arc actually is one of the better adaptations, this episode specifically included everything
I ever wonder if you think the director is great or bad because it seems like you him and the studio even if he done bad shows before with JC Staff. Tell me do you think the director and the studio should keep this series or do you have a opinion?
Mar 8, 2019 1:10 PM
Oct 2018
KiLLZONE15JYU said:
Tiau said:

I ever wonder if you think the director is great or bad because it seems like you him and the studio even if he done bad shows before with JC Staff. Tell me do you think the director and the studio should keep this series or do you have a opinion?

What’s that have to do with the fact that currently they’re adapting this arc at a decent pace? Seriously, they haven’t cut much of anything of OT21, and OT20 had few cuts but nothing that would leave you as confused as the above posts claim. The only arc that really really suffered here is BR but it isn’t really relevant to what’s happening here
Mar 8, 2019 1:26 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Looks like the Fiamma's endgame is here. Its good that Takitsubo's treatment was successful. So the angel is the key then huh. Lol Touma just casually feeling Sasha up to determine whether she's connected to the angel. Nothing like a crisis to bring everyone together it seems. To think that even at this moment the church is still determined to play politics. The pope sure is becoming quite the force in his own way. Nice to see the french and the brits make peace and unite against a common threat. If anything Carissa's actions sure are doing well in aiding in her repentance. As powerful as she is in combat she's also full of surprises as well. To think that even Hyoka would make an entrance. Looks like this battle is only going to escalate which is always good to see.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 1:30 PM

Feb 2014
Considering that I'm used to Sasha's monotone-style voice and personality, I was pleasantly surprised to see her blush like a tomato and her voice going all squeaky when Toma went to feel her down. Good thing that crowbar came in handy to whack him away. XD

The animation for the episode was a bit hit or miss again, but the visual quality, thankfully, was still very good. Most of the character models looked nicely detailed and the background art was as great as usual.

Takitsubo has now made a full recovery at last, which made Hamazura happy and he hugged her out of delight. It won't be long for the two of them to swing into action again, but for now, seeing Takitsubo all better and Hamazura being happy about that makes me happy as well. =)

Good episode overall, but I do hope the fighting animation improves for next time.
Mar 8, 2019 2:04 PM
Dec 2018
Tiau said:
KiLLZONE15JYU said:

What’s that have to do with the fact that currently they’re adapting this arc at a decent pace? Seriously, they haven’t cut much of anything of OT21, and OT20 had few cuts but nothing that would leave you as confused as the above posts claim. The only arc that really really suffered here is BR but it isn’t really relevant to what’s happening here
No I'm not saying about this arc but would you like him to do NT despite what shows he made?
Mar 8, 2019 2:05 PM

Jan 2009
damn Fiamma and that Gabriel angel is overpowered as fuck how they beat them?

but nice to see Takitsubo being healthy again
Mar 8, 2019 2:13 PM

Apr 2013
Need more Misaka Worst... and Accelerator, at least Accelerator will hopefully get more screentime next episode, together with Kazakiri against Gabriel
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Mar 8, 2019 3:27 PM

Apr 2015
Lucky boy that Hamazura! Atleast he managed to get the ship sailing!

A lot is happening, more and more people are gathering now. Next week seems to become fun, Kazakiri & Accelerator vs Gabriel.
Mar 8, 2019 4:05 PM

Jan 2011
decent episode sure things feel jammed pack but their managing it surprisingly
Mar 8, 2019 9:44 PM
Jan 2016
First of all, Takitsubou showed us how to be best girl with that wonderfull words!

Awesome episode, at each episode i am even more excited for the final! The fight in this episode was cool, seems next episode we will see Accelarator and Kazakiri together against Gabriel!

I cant wait to see Misaka joining the fight!
Mar 8, 2019 10:36 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
A pretty informative and fine episode.

Lol, it initially felt as though I skipped an episode or two but slowly my mind acclimatised to it I suppose. Good to see Takitsubo recovering and looks like the two are up to something that’ll definitely be dangerous, hopefully things will go smooth for them. Sasha Kruschev and Touma’s little encounter was entertaining to watch but I don’t think I honestly understood the whole conversation there. Fiamma ditches the Russian Govt, meanwhile after playing around with them, and has even got an Angel up his sleeves, things are looking really bad for those against Fiamma here. 2nd Princess of Britain there nearly perished trying to save the large armies but apparently she had not one but two of those sacred material, can’t quite exactly recall what it was, which gives them some hope against the Angel. Too bad her plan to bind some time will prove to be problematic for Touma though, how unlucky as always lol. Best scene of the episode has to go to Misaka’s screentime though obviously, can’t wait to see her in action!

Next episode preview promises some more interesting action! Looking forward to seeing how Touma and co change the tides of this battle here!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 10, 2019 10:31 AM

May 2015
Hamazura got best girl.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 12, 2019 2:32 AM

Jan 2016
Yep. This arc finally reminds me why i love the Index franchise. This is worth the mediocre to fine arcs up to this point. I've always thought that the WW3 arc would make or break this season for me and so far its making it!
Mar 12, 2019 5:24 PM

Sep 2014
I was expecting some action this time, not 20 minutes of talking nonsense again.

I thought this was in Russia,why are suddenly people in rome shown?

Dropped back to a 6, if this continues it will probably end up with a 5.

This is a mess, nearly as bad as TG Reeeeeee

"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 13, 2019 11:10 AM
Oct 2018
Comander-07 said:
I was expecting some action this time, not 20 minutes of talking nonsense again.

I thought this was in Russia,why are suddenly people in rome shown?

Dropped back to a 6, if this continues it will probably end up with a 5.

This is a mess, nearly as bad as TG Reeeeeee

This is some amazing irony to be perfectly honest with you
Mar 13, 2019 12:39 PM

Nov 2014
If there is a thing Index does right, it's how fucking big scale everything is. I love worldbuilding in it. I just wish it was slower. I have no idea how it looked in source material, but for all the stuff happening in this story, it goes way too fast and, on top of that, time is being wasted on action scenes that, most of the time, look pretty mediocre.

But that scene made my day:
Mar 13, 2019 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
this is getting really lame, edgy and tiring!
2/5.

Mar 17, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
hmmm... so many things happening all of a sudden..it sucks that I am only an anime reader... I will be glad if someone explains the plot holes
Apr 3, 2019 12:03 AM

Jun 2009
I am soooo lost...
Apr 3, 2019 5:27 PM

Aug 2017
Another amazing episode.

It seems that Fiamma has broken off ties with the Russians and now he is alone against the whole world.

Kazakiri vs Archangel Gabriel in the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 16, 2019 3:57 PM

Aug 2011
This is one big cluster **ck, but the action and dialogue keep it going for me. Looking forward to more Accelerator scenes and... yeah, finally Mikasa arrives. I thought they were planning to oust her this arc.
May 13, 2019 1:46 AM

Sep 2012
Limaolc said:
First of all, Takitsubou showed us how to be best girl with that wonderfull words!

Awesome episode, at each episode i am even more excited for the final! The fight in this episode was cool, seems next episode we will see Accelarator and Kazakiri together against Gabriel!

I cant wait to see Misaka joining the fight!

best couple of the series for new at least until some1 gets ahead

Yukikaze_sama said:
If there is a thing Index does right, it's how fucking big scale everything is. I love worldbuilding in it. I just wish it was slower. I have no idea how it looked in source material, but for all the stuff happening in this story, it goes way too fast and, on top of that, time is being wasted on action scenes that, most of the time, look pretty mediocre.

But that scene made my day:

i died there a little inside lol
May 26, 2019 2:29 PM

May 2012
Pretty impressive episode once again. The pacing is really going good!
Jul 15, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2013
No one:

Gabriel: ahgsfzmcznxmvhsjagfhc

I'm getting bored with Hamazura and Takitsubo already. If only Mugino didn't went psycho, we'd still have ITEM now and I'd be more entertained with Takitsubo.

If there's anything to praise this season for it's the background. It looks absolutely stunning.
Oct 22, 2020 3:39 AM

Apr 2013
Only 4 episodes left... only 4 more times I have to hear that stupid sentence from Touma at the end of an episode, thank god...
Dec 17, 2020 4:32 PM

Dec 2012
Index.
Star of Bethlehem.
Gabriel?
Sasha attacks Touma?
Dat hug.
A kiss or a slap?
lol at Touma touching Sasha.
The waifu Carissa fighting Gabriel.
Kanzaki and Itsuwa.
Curtana was destroyed.
Unlimited Curtana Works!
A monorail?
Hyouka with the save.
Biri-Biri.
A nuclear warhead?
Dat ending.

Itsuwa should have been the one to be with Touma right now instead of Lessar. She's stuck helping the wounded. smh
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jun 26, 2021 10:28 AM

Aug 2018
Hyouka is back~ ;P Well, it seems that final battle is coming..
Also it seems that anime really went the route of some Code Da Vinci and stuff.. I mean, you have to watch it with feeling like that, really..
Nov 26, 2021 12:46 AM

Dec 2013
The two blondes fighting against the angel was entertaining. Still, a lot of rushed stuff on the side which is dragging everything down.
Jun 4, 2023 11:35 AM

May 2020
Dude I don't know but I watch these episodes and think I must've mistakenly skipped an episode or two in between, I mean that's just how EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED every episode feels like.

Anyways we fighting Gabriel right now. Guess after defeating her, Fiamma's turn will come.. who I'm still not sure of what his true goal is.
Jun 11, 2023 7:37 AM

Nov 2010
I like how Touma suddenly started groping Sasha, and he thought it would affect Angel Gabriel somehow, lol.
I love seeing Maiden of Versailles & Carissa in action! Carissa is so much hotter, thanks to her outfit and personality. I love her face & armpit too.
Nov 28, 2023 2:01 PM

Nov 2023
I like smiling in anime, especially Takitsubou's

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.