Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2019 4:41 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, this is getting scary. I feel bad for all the people that got involved in this mess up there at that temple.

The Distortion King continously preys on desire to further his goals. This is the second part of the Distortion King arc and I have a feeling the character is looking to push his agenda even further. Also really interesting to hear about Hina's past. Human feelings are fragile.
Stark700Mar 8, 2019 6:13 AM
Mar 8, 2019 6:24 AM

Dec 2017
so we continue to see other people's dreams. still not entirely sure what's the meaning of Distortion King putting all these people under his genjustsu
and what he seeks by projecting moments of the past that still bother them

well, it sure is a mystery, but looks like this Kentarou guy broke out of the loop. interesting to see what's gonna happen next
Mar 8, 2019 7:02 AM

Sep 2018
Am I just, dumb, have I missed something because honestly most of these episodes have left me a bit lost. This past episode me and my buddy just had no idea what was going on really aha.

I want to like Boogiepop, I really do, I like the Boogiepop character and the settings, but something about it clearly isn't clicking with me. I loved the story arc with Spoopy E but the rest.. not so sure about.
Mar 8, 2019 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
This ugly guy is intelligent. I am liking him so far.

I usually hate it when everything is a dream, but it seems good execution can make it all quite entertaining.

I really want to read the light novels of this anime!!
Mar 8, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2018
Ugh we need more boogiepop and nagi
Mar 8, 2019 9:12 AM
Dec 2013
I think the main problem with this anime - that I'm quite enjoying tbc - is that there are so many characters is sometimes difficult, for me at least, to wrap my head around what's happening and who's who. I'm sure that is made worse by the fact that we get one episode at the time, and probably this issue would be less prevalent if I was binge watching a-la Netflix.

For example, it took me until the end of the episode to realise that

Again, if I was watching one episode after another these things might be clearer or maybe it's just me, I don't know.
Mar 8, 2019 9:25 AM

Aug 2013
Looks like Kentarou was able to free himself from his dream.

Mar 8, 2019 11:10 AM

May 2018
How many more eps til Boogiepop kicks the King of Distortion's ass????
Mar 8, 2019 11:42 AM
Apr 2016
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
How many more eps til Boogiepop kicks the King of Distortion's ass????

0? Because it would never happen? They either get over their rough corners in the heart and everyone wakes up with Boogiepop just going home, or something triggers King of Distortion and he starts actually posing a threat to everyone under his influence. So far he is a Mr. Proper, and everyone else has some dirty laundry to wash.
Leo said:
Looks like Kentarou was able to free himself from his dream.

It seems that he got over his problem even before going into the tower.
Re:formed
Mar 8, 2019 12:46 PM

Sep 2011
That girl knew the one in front of her wasn't really her friend, but even so all that she could do was to apologize. I wonder what the King of Distortion meant when he said that she should take her pain and turn it into "gold".

Regrets are heavy and sometimes it's just hard to move on as they continue to eat at you. It just seems really cruel to "target" them, but it could be also something positive, giving those people the chance to do something about their suffering. I still don't know what he is trying to do, but if Boogiepop is acting then I guess it can't be good. It was nice to get to know a bit more about some of the new faces in this arc though, good episode.
Mar 8, 2019 1:51 PM

Feb 2011
Can somebody explain to me why this show expects me to care about the past/inner struggles of these characters that I have never seen before ? Thanks!
Mar 8, 2019 1:51 PM

Jun 2012
I'm surprised that this arc is a lot less confusing than all the other arcs, lol.
Mar 8, 2019 2:11 PM
Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Can somebody explain to me why this show expects me to care about the past/inner struggles of these characters that I have never seen before ? Thanks!

I can explain you that it (is a series) and does not care if you do whether. You are overestimating your value as a viewer here, which such questions are evidence of. You came here to be entertained, to exert "care", but, news flash, this is not a burger and if you still look at a psychological discourse into modernity (and philosophy) like one, well... You are overestimating.
Mar 8, 2019 2:26 PM

Feb 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hatsuyuki said:

I can explain you that it (is a series) and does not care if you do whether. You are overestimating your value as a viewer here, which such questions are evidence of. You came here to be entertained, to exert "care", but, news flash, this is not a burger and if you still look at a psychological discourse into modernity (and philosophy) like one, well... You are overestimating.

The only overestimation here is yours, towards this anime. You can't just have characters pop out of nowhere and expect the viewer to care without any sort of introduction or characterization.
Mar 8, 2019 3:19 PM

Mar 2017
This arc is amazing so far! Think it might be my fav
Mar 8, 2019 5:52 PM

May 2015
I feel bad for Hina...Blowing up in someone's face in the heat of the moment only to regret it later. Words can't be taken back once they have been spoken.

Lol he kicked himself in the face...

King of Distortion trapping everyone in Dream Land. Looks like we'll be seeing this arc under Kentarou's perspective to see if he can find a way to wake them all up...
Mar 8, 2019 6:03 PM

Jan 2011
this arc is good but scary due to the uncertainty of these poor people,will say after last weeks large amount of background characters having all the unconscious people end up as CGI wasn't great to look at
Mar 8, 2019 6:39 PM

Apr 2018
So now we've reached Matrix/Inception shit, lol! I wonder y boogiepop wasn't able 2 "help them this time" like she said on the previous episode? I'm pretty sure she'll still show up at the end, but I wanna know y she couldn't wake evry1 up and kill the King Of Distortion from the very beginning.
Mar 8, 2019 10:40 PM
Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The only overestimation here is yours, towards this anime. You can't just have characters pop out of nowhere and expect the viewer to care without any sort of introduction or characterization.

And, once again, no one expects you (or any other consumer, at this point) to care about anything or everything. You seem to misunderstand the concept of "watching" anything. Even though you look like a grown up.
Mar 9, 2019 7:08 AM
Jan 2019
The guy called Kentarou I like him. He is smart and cunning. He discovered the way out of the dream in a short time, without panicking or anything like that, except for Godzilla xd. I think he and Nagi would make a good couple.
Mar 9, 2019 10:18 AM

Jun 2015
i like how intelligent and smart the characters are, but im wondering how the hell is boogiepop suppose to help out here now
Mar 9, 2019 8:01 PM

Sep 2017
Awesome. So Kentarou was able to get out of his dream. Perhaps that means he's over the thing from his past that is supposed to be bothering him or whatever. Tho I can't say for sure that's a necessary condition for waking up since he was able to shake his buddy awake. He's clearly very smart anyway. It helped that his dream "spawned" him so close to the tower.

I was trying to find a pattern in the distortions. Well as Kentarou put it, dreams is a good name for it since it takes place in your memory. What's interesting is that he was able to run into the little boy. Was he able to break into someone else's dream, or are they all linked in some way?

At first it seemed that the KoD would always appear as a dead person. This theory fell flat when Nagi shows up talking to Kentarou. However, every past trouble has involved romance or strong relationships in some way. I guess we have to exclude the kid, but we don't really know what his deal is yet.

Shame I have to wait a week for this and will forget some of the details.
Mar 9, 2019 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
https://discord.gg/qBW5UPc - Boogiepop Discord Server
Mar 10, 2019 10:57 AM
Apr 2016
papsoshea said:
BenSpeirs said:
Am I just, dumb, have I missed something because honestly most of these episodes have left me a bit lost. This past episode me and my buddy just had no idea what was going on really aha.

I want to like Boogiepop, I really do, I like the Boogiepop character and the settings, but something about it clearly isn't clicking with me. I loved the story arc with Spoopy E but the rest.. not so sure about.
It keeps giving you answers, but everytime it does it only brings forth more questions. It fills in a blank or two, then pulls the camera back to reveal more blanks that you couldn’t see in close-up. Let's be honest, watching paint dry is more interesting at this point.

Hatsuyuki said:

What that snob is trying to tell you is that you can't critique anything.

Oh boy those kindergartners... Saying "Why I can't care for the characters" is now a "critique"? Oh boy, people have been developing the concept of art critique for thousands of years now, you know? Better not spit into their timeless efforts with some immature retorts, don't you think...
Mar 10, 2019 3:12 PM

Oct 2017
I'm very interested in the King of Distortions goals are and what this "gold" is referring to. Getting these new characters backstories are fine as they are going to be the stars of this arc and it's important to see their perspectives. I enjoy these types of shows in which you focus on multiple characters and not just a select few.
Mar 10, 2019 5:48 PM

Dec 2017
soreru said:
Hatsuyuki said:
This show is very psychological. These kinds of stories tend to elaborate on how a character thinks, why they think that way, what motivates them, etc. You do not have to be extremely attached to them, but you should be able to understand them.

Other shows like this are Evangelion or Utena. All the characters in Evangelion are messed up and would be unlikable under normal circumstances. But you're given their thought process a bit... or at least, it's strongly hinted (how they think, why they think so). Hmm... a more recent psychological show is Death Parade I guess.

Anyway, in Boogiepop's case, the story even revolves around an extremely large recurring ensemble cast. You probably will see these characters again in the future (in the light novel). The cast we saw in the first arc have already made several appearance. You care a lot more about Nagi now after the events of ep 10-13, right?

The setting is one where you have multiple characters living their own lives. There isn't just 1 straightforward story with 1 main protag that you follow from straight to finish. Other series like this are Baccano. You switch perspectives to eventually piece together the greater plot.

This kind of story is probably not your thing. Or maybe you are not used to it.
Spot on. The psychological aspect is what hooked me into watching this series in the first place. Feels like a breath of fresh air that I finally can watch something in the midst of those abundant isekai animes which doesn't suit my taste (still recovering from Goblin Slayer *LOL*).
We need more psychological series!
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Mar 11, 2019 12:16 AM
Jan 2015
Hatsuyuki said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

Says person who has katanagatari in top-20, which is basically "pop out sword owner and random useless ninja and let them die in 20 minutes" every episode.
Mar 11, 2019 2:30 AM

Feb 2011
Vizvezdenec said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Says person who has katanagatari in top-20, which is basically "pop out sword owner and random useless ninja and let them die in 20 minutes" every episode.

Says person that actually takes time of his day to go through a random dude's profile to look for stuff to try to invalidate his opinion. Fucking pathetic mate.
Mar 11, 2019 4:58 AM
Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Vizvezdenec said:

Says person that actually takes time of his day to go through a random dude's profile to look for stuff to try to invalidate his opinion. ********* pathetic mate.

You now have something in common with him, then. Either way if you have nothing to discuss about this series, I suggest you do not start empty arguments on forums. Find a series that suits your worldview, spent time in a way that you yourself would find meaningful. Back in the days players in different games were referred to Call of Duty... because it would suit them well.
Mar 11, 2019 5:03 AM

Feb 2011
Daniel_Naumov said:
Hatsuyuki said:

Says person that actually takes time of his day to go through a random dude's profile to look for stuff to try to invalidate his opinion. ********* pathetic mate.

You now have something in common with him, then. Either way if you have nothing to discuss about this series, I suggest you do not start empty arguments on forums. Find a series that suits your worldview, spent time in a way that you yourself would find meaningful. Back in the days players in different games were referred to Call of Duty... because it would suit them well.

So am I forbidden to offer my opinion in a discussion thread because it offends idiots ? Well then.

Also I have never once clicked any profile of anyone that replied to me in this thread so there's that. Don't really know what you're talking about.
Mar 11, 2019 5:42 AM
Apr 2016
Hatsuyuki said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

So am I forbidden to offer my opinion in a discussion thread because it offends idiots ? Well then.

Also I have never once clicked any profile of anyone that replied to me in this thread so there's that. Don't really know what you're talking about.

We can try this again if your are willing. What was your opinion, could you state it clearly?
Mar 12, 2019 10:56 AM

Aug 2017
Roses are red
violet are blue
Kentarou has 8000iq
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2019 7:42 PM
Mar 2015
The King of Distraction really does screw with people's dreams and memoriies
Mar 13, 2019 11:33 PM

Feb 2015
The mother at the beginning of the last episode is in her dream, watch King of Distorsion as Kyoichirou Teratsuki, he was an ex-couple that helped her economically to rise the children with no father. Sakiko, in her dream, is walking through the train tracks, Hina, a friend of her, brought her water and then she realized Hina was her friend and is already dead. Harada, in his dream, is working as a hacker, and after a police investigation he met Kirima, talking with her at a cafe he confronted her as King of Distorsion, Kirima changed to Saotome and the restaurant started to shake, Harada discovered a giant dinosaur in the city and found the kid from the mother in the last episode (the kid called the monster "Zooragi"), he took the kid with him to the "Moon Temple" and looked for his body. Harada regained consciousness and woke Shirou up.

I normally don't like things like dreams and stuff, cause commonly are made to be confusing and tell stories that aren't gonna have an impact in the real story. This episode made look Harada as a really smart guy, quickly concluding that he was in a pointless dream (obviously helped by the fact that Kirima told him she was the King of Distortion), despite that, it could be very confusing, unless Harada has been conscious that he was in "Moon Temple" and he was transported to an illusion.
Atlas77Jul 23, 2019 9:03 PM
Mar 16, 2019 10:26 AM

Jul 2008
I wonder....did those two actually wake up or not.
Mar 19, 2019 3:38 PM
Jun 2016
I love Kentarou. He is pretty smart and figured out how to wake up. I can totally see that Nagi ship.
Mar 28, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2017
So Kentarou met Nagi before....

It seems that he and the boyfriend from the dead girl of the first arc woke up.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 6, 2019 9:35 AM
Apr 2016
Stuck inside a dream, ah. This is really complex, seems messy and then suddenly everything starts connecting, this anime is beyond impressive... Great episode.
Apr 8, 2019 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
i really like kentarou ever since he first appeared. it's a shame he only showed up this late in the series.
i'm probably gonna look up for the novels, they seem pretty interesting now.
Apr 9, 2019 7:23 AM

Mar 2008
Is it just me that would like to have met the King of Distortion?
Apr 29, 2019 11:18 AM

Nov 2017
Welcome to my magic tower, where we go over your brightest and darkest memories in order to turn you into pure matter for the Kremlin. The Kremlin loves those uncut, pure emotions.

I hope this wicked CEO turns out good, his bad side is bad.
Sep 4, 2023 9:22 AM

Sep 2017
I don't even know who the characters are lmao
خ
Sep 28, 2023 1:58 PM

Jan 2020
Oh this sounds like a good plot that would work better as a movie in my opinion.
MOKUSHI KUSHIMO SHIMOKU KUMOSHI MOSHIKU SHIKUMO.
Apr 11, 4:51 PM
Oct 2022
Can gold really be achieved through inner peace? The building is very cool. I hope they effectively develop it. You can always find me a fan of interesting architecture. She threatens him and claims threats won’t work against her. She gets revenge by raising her children to be good people. The twisted structure is tangling the mind of its occupants. She lies about loving the king. They are prodding at the edges of time. She tells her friend she might as well die because she’s skinny. I am uncertain as to the validity of this statement. She regretted saying it’s so much that she also wanted to die. Seemingly a twisted and evil conclusion within this context, even to make about one’s self. Refining suffering into gold. Abstracting gemstones out of pain. And glitter out of the distorted guitars that have started to stab the drum beat. He hacked into her brain. Godzilla has entered the nightmare. Godzilla is manifesting the train tracks. While being chased by a massive monster he still has time to yell at a kid for calling him, sir. He finds himself back inside the building where it all began.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2019

66 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 9, 11:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.