Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 1, 2019 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So Summer begins in this show. Typical.

Heh, I noticed they made Rui seem cuter than usual when she's alone with Natsuo. Hina and Rui also had a conversation that I find a bit tense. On the other hand, I do find Rui's yukata outfit to be cute and suits her quite well. She has more feminine charm in those clothes.

Hina also had her own moments with Natsuo which looked to be more intimate than usual.
Mar 1, 2019 10:01 AM

Dec 2017
my face is all red from facepalming. how bad at decision-making can you be, Natsuo? the author just loves to fuck around with this fake thrill and dumb shit that he puts through Natsuo's actions

Mar 1, 2019 10:31 AM
Aug 2018
Damn Natsuo being an indecisive dumbass; pick a chick and stick PLEASE. All jokes aside, not a bad episode and also liking the addition of Alex, he seems a lot more confrontational and confident, unlike Natsuo and I think he adds a great contrast of personality.
Mar 1, 2019 10:42 AM
Aug 2018
Natsuo is such a indecisive guy, it's really funny, he keeps kissing Rui, but still love Hina, and now we know Hina loves him too, Nat-chan will have to choose one of her sooner or later
Mar 1, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2018
Crackersauce said:
Damn Natsuo being an indecisive dumbass; pick a chick and stick PLEASE. All jokes aside, not a bad episode and also liking the addition of Alex, he seems a lot more confrontational and confident, unlike Natsuo and I think he adds a great contrast of personality.
Alex has a very important role to play in the upcoming episodes
Mar 1, 2019 10:55 AM

Nov 2007
Crackersauce said:

Even the side chracters are garbage.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2019 10:55 AM

Nov 2011
Natsuo is an idiot, and Hina is basically annoying at this point for being Jealous at Rui.

Hina catching them in the act was rough, that was an awesome scene though. Yo and my man grabbed her chest too! Come on Natsuo we know Rui is the girl for you bro!

Rui deserves better T_T
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Mar 1, 2019 10:58 AM
Aug 2018
shanimebib said:
Crackersauce said:

Damn haven't read the manga, but god, why am I not surprised. Thought there would atleast be SOME good side characters, guess not huh.
Mar 1, 2019 11:08 AM
Jan 2018
Am I the only person seeing a romance version of all might lmaoo. That engrishh tho
Mar 1, 2019 11:11 AM
Feb 2019
I'm confused why they skipped so many chapters in the manga for this episode, I was expecting this to be shown around episode 10 or 11. Dont really like how they're changing it up alot, good episode though
Mar 1, 2019 11:31 AM

Mar 2017
Natsuo finally got his girl! I'm glad he finally made a choice too; one of his biggest character flaws is his indecisiveness.

I'm so happy that Alex has arrived too, i just love him! The voice actors english accent was really good too
Mar 1, 2019 11:46 AM

Oct 2018
I'm curious how Hina would/will react if she found/finds out they even had sex before, not just kissing, then it will be all over for Natsuo for sure

Mar 1, 2019 12:04 PM
Aug 2018
Anyone know the ed for this ep?
Mar 1, 2019 12:15 PM

Sep 2018
Anime doors still cant be closed(or locked), and Master issuch a great character and a nice advice guy....
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 1, 2019 12:18 PM
Jan 2019
Anyone knows the ending song?
Mar 1, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2018
damn this is crazy
Mar 1, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2015
This episode pretty much confirmed I hate every character except Rui. Natsuo is kinda dumb but I don't hate him, though I dislike him.

Edit: Natsuo's friend and the people at the cafe are good though.
Mar 1, 2019 12:44 PM

Nov 2016
-Aincrad- said:
I'm curious how Hina would/will react if she found/finds out they even had sex before, not just kissing, then it will be all over for Natsuo for sure

Oh yeah, the sweet drama it will create.pray for School Days ending

Good episode overall. I also like Alex, wonder how he will affect the story.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 1, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
How about close the door before you do something like that ffs.
Mar 1, 2019 1:00 PM

Nov 2016
Btw what's the ending song?
Mar 1, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
It's only a matter of time before this goes fully into the bad-end atmosphere of Kuzu no Honkai. Betting it now.
Don't believe the hype.
Mar 1, 2019 1:04 PM

May 2014
Oh gosh, they completely fucked up the pacing.

Now I realize they've been skipping a lot of scenes too. No mater how much I like the manga, I can't deny how the anime makes it feel like it forces drama up our throats. So frustrating...

Crackersauce said:
shanimebib said:

Damn haven't read the manga, but god, why am I not surprised. Thought there would atleast be SOME good side characters, guess not huh.

Woah, don't just believe anything put under spoiler. That doesn't happen. Also the anime seems to simplify the side characters really badly. Such a loss...
Mar 1, 2019 1:07 PM

Aug 2013
They got caught kissing. Should have at least closed the door.

Mar 1, 2019 1:15 PM

Sep 2015
Fucking trashcan Hina ruining it for Rui as usual.
Mar 1, 2019 1:27 PM

May 2018
does anybody have any idea as to how many eps will this run????

Does anybody notices Natsuo's kimono, cu'z it kinda looks like something that Batman would wear if he's Japanese.

Hina, Rui,Hina, Rui,Hina, Rui,Hina, Rui,Hina, Rui,, c'mon Natsuo make up ur mind.
JiangHaoyi1979Mar 2, 2019 9:48 AM
Mar 1, 2019 1:34 PM
Apr 2016
Oh my, Rui & Natsuo got busted by Hina...Hina is slowly developing feelings for Natsuo, sad that Natsuo is a subconscious playboy... Sweet & cute ending.
Mar 1, 2019 1:53 PM

Aug 2013
My ship is sinking down. I'm not really surprised though.
Hibiki07 said:
Oh gosh, they completely fucked up the pacing.

Now I realize they've been skipping a lot of scenes too. No mater how much I like the manga, I can't deny how the anime makes it feel like it forces drama up our throats. So frustrating...

Crackersauce said:

Woah, don't just believe anything put under spoiler. That doesn't happen. Also the anime seems to simplify the side characters really badly. Such a loss...

I just wanted to ask if that guy is serious, thanks for clarification.
rsc-plMar 1, 2019 1:58 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Mar 1, 2019 2:14 PM

May 2015
This is getting worse with each episode and it's not even in the so bad it's good category yet. Lots of facepalm worthy moments though.
Mar 1, 2019 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
And I thought that Hina was the idiotic one for not locking her door last week. Well, Natsuo and Rui make the SAME mistake as they start kissing in Rui's room as Hina walks in on them.

Even though Natsuo was being pretty insensitive for most of this episode, I do applaud his attempt to talk things through with Hina at the scene behind the shrine. He put his foot down and did his best to prevent Hina from taking the easy way out by running away and despite biting her way out of his grip, Agony Aunt Master came to Natsuo's rescue, grabbed her in a vice grip and had one good argument with Hina and rightfully criticised her for her stubbornness. This guy is the MVP of this episode! =3

At least this gave Hina the chance to talk more honestly to Natsuo and showcased how she's starting to have feelings for Natsuo. Hopefully for the time being, things between Natsuo and Hina will be less awkward. On the downside, the Natsuo X Rui ship has taken a hit. >_<

Not to forget, Alex was a pretty interesting guy. His engrish was decent, thankfully, and he did have some amusing moments, mainly with him riding a bicycle in the school hallways at speed. He's a future daredevil in the making! XD
Mar 1, 2019 2:24 PM

Nov 2007
rsc-pl said:
I just wanted to ask if that guy is serious, thanks for clarification.

Maybe you can ask some wise guy to share the chapter number and read yourself to find out?

Unless @Hibiki07's definition of

Cannot say I am not amused why some people would like this garbage.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Mar 1, 2019 2:34 PM
Mar 2019
Why should Hina be the bad one? She rejected him because everything about their relationship is WRONG... Buuuuuut love is love, and seeing the one you love kissing someone... AND WHEN THIS SOMEONE IS YOUR SISTER JESUS CHRIST :) Give them a breeeak Natsuo
Mar 1, 2019 3:00 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
revyHOLiC said:
How about close the door before you do something like that ffs.

I think by now its been established that the doors in this household do not lock, lol.

Natsuo is such a player. He loves Sensei, but snogs Rui if she's up for it.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 1, 2019 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
They skipped many chapters in the manga. That's why it has gotten so confusing now. Terrible anime. The manga is 100 times better than the anime, even though it is not that good.
Mar 1, 2019 3:42 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
This is not enjoyable at all, there's just an unhealthy atmosphere almost everytime
Mar 1, 2019 3:51 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
idk man... Rui is way sexier imo
Mar 1, 2019 4:11 PM

May 2015
Crackersauce said:
shanimebib said:

He doesn't rape her. You probably shouldn't take the word of someone who's completely biased against the series as fact.

Mar 1, 2019 4:18 PM
Mar 2017
The summer holidays begin and the drama does not delay in arriving.
Natsuo meets an interesting and somewhat strange foreign boy, Alex seems to be that classic character with a lot of energy and an extroverted personality.
I got a lot of laughter from how Natsuo and Alex become friends, nothing marks a friendship like stopping a pervert underwear thief.
Ohh god, Alex falls for Rui, I know that look in his face, but I also know that this will end up being drama in the future (near or far, you choose).
I knew Natsuo would make the mistake of mentioning that Alex was interested in Rui, how can someone be so stupid? if a girl kisses you is a little logical that she loves you (maybe I'm wrong), but how does it happen to Natsuo to tell Rui there is another man interested in her, since he already had sex with her and already kissed her? Please someone to hit him hard please.
Natsuo tries to apologize to Rui, but she is so demanding of affection that she demands a kiss of apology and when the situation became more passionate ... Hina discovers them and the dramatic bomb explodes, what an uncomfortable silence.
Rui is going to talk to her sister and it made me laugh to see Hina talk about morality to her younger sister, since she had an affair with a married man for a long time and without her mother knowing ... how can she be so hypocritical and to fix things she decides to leave the house and flee from her feelings for Natsuo, it is clear that she loves him and she is hurt to see her younger sister love him too, so her best option is to run away. I was sorry to hear the mother say that Hina is a responsible adult, a poor mother who fortunately did not know she had an affair.
The family goes to a summer festival as a last memory in family and ... Damn Hina looks so good in Yukata and Rui too, although she has that cute and adorable touch that makes you want to protect her, while Hina has that touch that makes you want to be passionate with her.
Hina separates from her family and ruin her phone, but Natsuo finds her and takes her to a secluded place and asks her the real reason why she leaves home, but Hina continues to evade the answer and she ends up fleeing, but Marie capture the evasive Hina, I laughed a lot about the childish fight between Hina and Marie.
Finally Hina brings out everything she feels and yes, she was jealous of Rui and how she kissed with Natsuo, in the end she is honest with her feelings and admits that she loves Natsuo.
Uff .... this episode with so much drama...i'm exhausted, I thought I could not stand, but anyway, Natsuo, Hina and Rui have a future full of more romantic problems that will be a pleasure to be seen by this individual.
salbery755Mar 1, 2019 4:24 PM
Mar 1, 2019 4:34 PM

Nov 2017
What a legendary episode. Absolutely loved every bit out of it. The start of the episode were Alex is introduced, I immediately knew he was western when he came biking down the hallway. I thought he was gonna speak english at first but sadly no.. But I’m just loving this character so much, definitely best character from the show, or even for the season for me... I relate to his logic and sense and doings so much its amazing! He got me out of my chair

And midway the episode.. what a plot twist. She actually walked in on her siblings kissing! Boi how I enjoyed all the drama that came afterwards. Delicious!

Anyway looks like its gonna be natsuo x hina for now even tho im a rui fan, this episode was satisfying nough’
Great voice acting, great background sounds and music, an episode to remember! 5/5

plz @ me
Mar 1, 2019 5:16 PM

Dec 2014
Eh, this is getting annoying to watch. It started out interesting but at this point I'm kinda annoyed by the developments.

*Hina walks in on Natsuo and Rui kissing
Natsuo : "It's not like that"
Me : "Are you sure about that?"

Natsuo is turning out to be like every other harem protagonist, specifically the more intolerable ones. I don't really like him, the girls are too good for him.

Engrish boy might be the best character of the show. xD
Mar 1, 2019 6:00 PM
Nov 2018
Such immature kids commenting in this thread. Why spew hatred over a show EIGHT EPISODES IN? If you keep watching with those feelings burning inside of you then you are emotionally disturbed. This is a very good anime. Those with actual social lives will recognize many of the subtle aspects, like Rui acting unmoved by their intimacy but actually wanting more. Her character is very well designed. There are a lot of great themes in this show, like Momo's way of seeking warmth through offering sex. Alas, I don't expect a twelve-year-old to know anything about this.

And ... "wah, wah, why is he so INDECISIIIVE! Pick a GIIIRL already!!!" Get a grip and try to think. It involves using the brain, so it may be hard. This is a show about a love triangle, try to read up on what that means. Then go play some computer games to get rid of your frustrations.
Mar 1, 2019 6:09 PM

Mar 2014
I feel like every new episode has less and less animation. I think I may drop this and pick up the manga instead.
Mar 1, 2019 6:09 PM

Feb 2018
Although they had a fight because Rui and Natsuo were caught kissing in the room. But after discussing they finally improved and became ...

Mar 1, 2019 6:13 PM
Nov 2018
I think the Sensei is really hot but Rui is the right girl for Natsuo. Sensei is too complicated, she still loves her last boyfriend and did something after see Natsuo kissing her sister.
Mar 1, 2019 6:46 PM

May 2015
wakawakalypse said:
I feel like every new episode has less and less animation. I think I may drop this and pick up the manga instead.

As a manga read myself, I'd recommend doing that. This adaptation honestly feels pretty lifeless. Like nobody working on it really cared. The manga is 10x better.

Mar 1, 2019 6:50 PM

Mar 2014
i even commented "they will definitely be caught by hina" when they kiss, and 5 seconds later they did!
i'm a bit surprised when rui straight confesses her love before hina. but that's quite reasonable, she always knows what she wants and go for it in spite of what others think. she's just this kind of person. i can even imagine that, if they're related by blood, she won't give up her love as well.
the last dialogues between hina and natsuo didn't surprised me. hina loves him as well, but she's the one who cares about others and inhibits her own demand to meet general interests.
despite knowing that rui likes him, hina still decides to tell natsuo her true feelings, leaving the classic and epic question to natsuo:
"who do you choose, her or me?"
oh my gosh i can't make it! i can't pull that thoughts out of my mind, to have them both! i don't mind to be called indecisive duchbag like you calls natsuo. but really, i want to give up my fortune, fame, assets, pride and even life to protect and love these sister lovers. if i could get them, i will desire no more from the demiurge in the rest of my life.
sorry, but these two girls are too good.

this episode makes the sisters' personality clearer. 5/5
Mar 1, 2019 7:02 PM
Feb 2019
Burn it up! Burn it up! What a dumbass! I repeat, repeat, and repeat the 20 second of that 'Kiss and Caught' Scene. So emotional!

In the end, Natsuo showed his manly side (umm maybe) towards Hina-nee. But Rui is still unbeaten. When Rui said "I will be more careful..." after the incident, I smiled and guessed that there will be more dangerous action.

Somehow i miss Momo and Miu right now. Hope they'd been shown up more next week
Mar 1, 2019 7:08 PM
May 2018
When will this family learn how to close doors?
Mar 1, 2019 7:54 PM

Mar 2017
This might be 1 cour yeah. I'm gonna try guessing how hina-natsuo relationship will go next

If I get this right Ima treat myself with a good yaki udon
nr101Mar 1, 2019 8:05 PM
Mar 1, 2019 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Oh my Lord...the adaptation is clearly rushing in its paces now, not that it's surprising by this point.

Natsuo, being his usual narcisstic indecisive self, still has NO idea that Rui is totally in love with him, yet he tries the new character Alex onto her (which obviously didn't work). And I have to say that Alex has more brains than Natsuo, along with his perfect English.

And with that kiss scene, let the "waifu" wars begin, irregardless of family. I'd swear that I failed to catch on that Natsuo's indecisiveness was THIS BAD, that caused the ruckus between Hina and Rui, which made their secret relationships EVEN WORSE.

The episodic ED song here is great! Any sources??

TsukuyomiREKT said:
wakawakalypse said:

As a manga read myself, I'd recommend doing that. This adaptation honestly feels pretty lifeless. Like nobody working on it really cared. The manga is 10x better.

Exactly my thoughts now.
Mar 1, 2019 9:47 PM
Jan 2019
What happened to the field trip? I was anticipating more chemistry between the club members but the anime seems to be more focusing on the main characters.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

262 by jamesheller9009 »»
Apr 19, 9:06 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

155 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 18, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

141 by venbals »»
Apr 15, 6:47 PM

» It has a happy ending

removed-user - Mar 11

37 by Kwiatek280 »»
Apr 15, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

131 by venbals »»
Apr 13, 10:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.