Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 27, 2019 3:42 AM

Jul 2016
Skana said:
Always of a high standard.

This and Mob on the same day is fantastic
Feb 27, 2019 4:38 AM

Mar 2013
I liked this better than the last episode, that rushed love story between village man A and spider lady didn't do it for me.

Everyone forgetting that Hyakkimaru's first word was Mio, ha.

Him getting a flower after being assaulted with the stench of sulphur was the cutest thing.

The fight with the centipede was a little too much, especially with them falling into a that conveniently-placed lake that was also so shallow they'd have broken all their bones.

I'm hoping to see more of Tahoumaru and their parents soon.
90s J-rock was our aesthetic peak.
Feb 27, 2019 6:49 AM
Feb 2019
aye man this show is getting good but i dont think they'll keep it up after he gets his body back
Feb 27, 2019 10:36 AM

Jul 2017
Episode wasn't the most emotional nor complex, but it was still engaging and the ending was heartwarming. Nice to see Hyakkimaru finally be able to say Dororo's name. Proves how much he has a bond with Dororo.
Feb 27, 2019 4:01 PM

Oct 2008
I was surprised
. Hyakkimaru's second word was cute AF.
Feb 27, 2019 4:57 PM
Dec 2018
I feel these 2 calm episode is a space to give some character development for Dororo and Hyakkimaru, it maybe not feel important but needed
Like, since a child Hyakki always slash "red creature" but last eps he see it can change the color then he stop fight it
This episode too, I think this is prove of my assume that Hyakki is a fast learner, not only about language, his idea to use sound beside 'sight' is excellent, I mean who's told this to him before though? And he is just got his hearing not so long ago
Hyakkimaru indeed is a smart character
Can't wait so see more!
And I love how he and Dororo slowly bonding to each other, next Ep PV really makes me excited
Feb 27, 2019 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
2 happy endings in a row, somethig VERY bad is about to happen..

Also, we got the obligatory hot springs episode
Feb 27, 2019 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
The second episode in a row with a happy conclusion, well, if we exclude the previous brides and the two men who died, I guess I should be happy although the episode itself was just OK. I also don't know how the girl manage to survive but since that way Saru won't be alone anymore, I don't really care.

The fight against the ayakashi was entertaining to watch and I really appreciate the fact that the studio didn't make use of any CGI animation for its movement. Not to mention that I really liked its design too.

All in all, not the most complex episode but it was still entertaining.

P.S.: How fast most of the people here forgot that Hyakkimaru's first word was "Mio"... ugh, the feels again ;_;
Feb 27, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 2015
How did Big Sis survive ? Loved the teamwork between Saru and Dordoro Then Dorodoro was able to get the monster out of the cloud and tell his buddy where the monster since he could not see him
Feb 28, 2019 4:24 AM

Dec 2017
SouthRzVa said:
P.S.: How fast most of the people here forgot that Hyakkimaru's first word was "Mio"... ugh, the feels again ;_;
It seems to me that they are doing it on purpose somehow. It was supposed to be a very emotional moment. How people could just forget how Hyakki cried out Mio's name in despair is really beyond me.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Feb 28, 2019 7:38 AM
Dec 2018
electromagneto said:
SouthRzVa said:
It seems to me that they are doing it on purpose somehow. It was supposed to be a very emotional moment. How people could just forget how Hyakki cried out Mio's name in despair is really beyond me.

honestly, I didn't notice Hyakki says Mio when first time watch it in raw, I notice it after the sub out tho
Feb 28, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 2016
I know people say it's a boring episode but it was a nice change of pace in my opinion. Kinda needed after the last few episodes. A good amount of character development still happened it just wasn't as flashy as pervious episodes.
- DjFreyjaCosplay
Feb 28, 2019 1:39 PM

Jan 2015
An ok episode. Felt fillerish. But Hyakkimaru saying "Dororo" was something special.
Feb 28, 2019 5:19 PM
Dec 2017
Really love this episode...
but... clouds have souls? hyakkimaru just saw red inside the clouds lmao
Mar 1, 2019 4:40 PM

Mar 2012
WolfDFireLeo said:
Another good chapter. That insect was a difficult monster. In the end, everything went well, Hyakimaru recovered his nose, the boy, Saru, his sister and Dororo heard the first word of Hyakimaru, his name. I love the happy endings.

FuMomo-kun said:
Hyakki was so cute when his nose returned.

Nokosaregumo is quite a name. It literally means Remaining Clouds. A literal name like that really gives the impression that this story takes place in the distant past.

After Hyakki shot the arrow twice with no visible results, I understood he was using sounds as a guide. Still, it surprises me that Dororo understood it as well. That kid is quite smart for someone who looks like a toddler.

Most children's first words are something simple, like "mama". Hyakki's first word was "Dororo". I have never heard little children make those sounds. Of course, Hyakki isn't a little child, but he just recently got his ability to speak, so it should resemble the way a child speaks, probably. I really want to see if I can make a child say "Dororo" as their first word.

Mio. His first word was "Mio" after she died. How did people keep missing this?
Mar 2, 2019 5:12 AM

Aug 2017
Hey, good episode. A bit convenient that the girl is alive after that but nevermind.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 2, 2019 5:04 PM
May 2017
Dororo is a cool kid. The fact that Hyakkimaru freaked out when he couldn't hear Dororo's voice really shows how much he cares for him.
Mar 2, 2019 7:18 PM
Mar 2018
I wasn't a fan of this episode, I just couldn't find myself to care about Saru at all
Cool way to end the episode however
Mar 3, 2019 7:01 AM

Jun 2015
Another original story/maki. But at this point, Dororo's past should have been explained already.
Mar 3, 2019 11:30 AM

Aug 2008
Switch_Z said:
Another original story/maki. But at this point, Dororo's past should have been explained already.

will be ... in tomorrow episode
The spider is watching
Mar 3, 2019 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
Hyakkimaru calling for Dororo after he got knocked out was oddly adorable
Mar 3, 2019 4:10 PM

Oct 2014
korasake said:
Really love this episode...
but... clouds have souls? hyakkimaru just saw red inside the clouds lmao

Those weren't normal clouds but clouds created by the demon to hide himself from the sun, that's why it has his own spirit power. C:
Mar 3, 2019 5:46 PM

Sep 2007
Clever that Hyakimaru was actually practicing echolocation when he was throwing the stones....and I thought it was cuz he was moping xD

I also thought he was going to recover his sight but thinking about it again...sight probably will need to be the last thing he recovers otherwise he can't "see" the "soul" of things anymore....

wonder if there's a checklist somewhere of things he still needs to recover...
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Mar 3, 2019 8:57 PM
Mar 2018
An episode with a happy ending? Unprecedented.
Mar 5, 2019 2:55 AM

Mar 2017
I thought he was going to get his eye sights back.
Mar 7, 2019 8:03 AM

Dec 2016
Dororo and Hyakkimaru's friendship is just too pure lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 13, 2019 1:50 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, I love the character dynamic between Hyakkimaru and Dororo, whenever Hyakkimaru gains back something it gives me immense hope for some reason when he gains back the ability to see it's going to be a great impactful moment, but think back the last time he got back a major sense (Hearing), there were great casualties, I can't imagine what they have in store for ths sight retrieval arc (Can I call it that?).
Dororo is crazily courageous for a kid, not, for a human, period, it's like he puts everything on the line that sometimes I suspect that he's just that stupid to diving in right in the action.
Apr 13, 2019 9:40 PM

May 2016
I'm really glad that big sis ended up surviving in that centipede's belly for a whole day and it's great that Hyakkimaru's first scents were of pleasant-smelling flowers given by a person he had helped saving instead of something bad like how his first sounds were pained sobbing and his first word was calling out to a dead friend out of sorrow.

Hyakki called out Dororo's name for the first time and it shows that the little moments can also be some of the funnest ones.

Apr 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
this is my favourite episode of the whole series.
i fell in love with dororo's parents and can't not cry when i watch it.
it's funny how people here are surprised dororo is a girl after a lot of people insisted on spoiling it. i didn't notice it when i first watched it and it was a nice plot twist. she's a strong little girl just like her parents.
Apr 17, 2019 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
Man am I so glad Saru's sister was alive. After that massacre of kids and Mio I thought everyone they meet is going to die. Anyway, he got his nose back but it seems there's still quite a lot of monsters to kill to get back the rest.
May 7, 2019 1:45 PM

Aug 2013
An okayish episode.

Hyakkimaru got his nose back.

May 16, 2019 10:05 AM

Feb 2013
We had a happy ending, again!
He has a nose now!
Jun 4, 2019 7:58 PM

Dec 2016
Eww, damn! Why did this anime showed the 3 bugs (spider, cockroach and centipede) I hate the most 2 episodes in a row? That's so uncool man! Also, this centipede is very terrifying to watch! x_x

Hyakkimaru said "Dororo" for the first time!! So proud of him! ;w; Not to mention the sence of smell he gained after defeating this monster X)

Love the happy ending in this episode <3 but hate the centipede...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jun 10, 2019 4:47 AM

Mar 2013
Nice! He beat the monster centipede.
His sense of smell we're back.
Jun 11, 2019 7:12 PM

Apr 2018
Swagernator said:
Haxr57 said:
I wonder if Hyakkimaru's dick is also missing

That's the million dollar question.

omg... LMFAO! I'm pretty sure and he'll probably discover how to poop and pee
Jul 4, 2019 5:49 AM

Mar 2012
I don't get why it left the villagers alone after a bride was sacrificed. It attacked the villagers to eat them so why would a single bride satisfy its hunger? Unless it was just being a dick lol.
Aug 11, 2019 9:31 AM

Dec 2018
Lol feels bad for the guards when they're not supposed to be sacrificed, why would the guards even bother? lol.

So far, Nokosaregumo is the hardest monster to fight for Hyakimarru.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Aug 24, 2019 12:36 AM

Jun 2014
Waifwu said:
I wonder if Hyakkimaru's dick is also missing

He had NO skin at all, so...
Sep 20, 2019 4:41 AM

Mar 2015
Wow Hyakkimaru's first full word!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 29, 2020 5:45 AM

Feb 2019
aniki spoke the first word noice
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 13, 2020 2:27 AM

May 2013
Athzewe said:

hmmm he actually spoke mio's name first tho in episode 6 when she died.

"Insert cheesy ass quote here"

💙
May 14, 2020 2:00 AM

Feb 2019
aejae said:
Athzewe said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that lul
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 14, 2020 4:19 AM

May 2013
Athzewe said:
aejae said:

Oh yeah, I forgot that lul

LUL XD rip mio hahaha

"Insert cheesy ass quote here"

💙
Jun 15, 2020 12:21 PM
Jun 2015
Poor guy. First felt pain after getting his senses, heard crying in the rain when got his hearing back, screamed in pain when got his voice back, and lastlly though not as painful as before smelled sulfur when got his nose back.
I am really worried now what will happen when he gets his eyes back.

Hyakkimaru is so cool...
Aug 22, 2020 2:06 AM

Jul 2020
Hyakkimaru and Dororo working together to beat that centipede. Hyakkimaru is slowly learning to use his other senses and that’s great. Past episodes are kind of slow but it’s still good.
Aug 29, 2020 4:58 AM

Jul 2015
Toughest enemy so far, impressive of Hyakkimaru to train ears to be able to guess the distance with the rocks and arrows he was throwing and even use his own voice. Dororo and Saru were pretty helpful in this battle, almost worried there Saru's sister wouldn't survive but glad we got another happy end.

Oct 1, 2020 1:45 PM
Oct 2019
No wonder Saru defended his name. Big sis gave it to him.

The dichotomy of Hyakki is incredible. He's this elite demon slaying machine, and yet he's completely ignorant to most other facets of human life, having to learn what sounds, smells, and sensations like pain are, while learning to speak like a toddler.
Jan 1, 2021 12:11 PM

Mar 2010
That gal was lucky to survive, not a bad fight looking forward.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 6, 2021 11:30 AM

May 2020
Finally can look Dororo join the battle. This thousand feet monster just hiding behind black clouds. I like when Dororo quick think how get rid of it. Glad onee-san is alright.
Apr 9, 2021 8:11 PM
Jul 2018
Hyakkimaru finally comprehends the importance of communication and how a name can be also symbol of recognition and existence.
removed-userApr 9, 2021 8:21 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is Dororo a boy or a girl ? ( 1 2 )

JanPri - Jan 15, 2019

80 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:39 AM

» Possible reason for such ending

Raajdeep - Oct 21, 2023

24 by 1List2RuleThemAl »»
Apr 19, 11:37 AM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 14, 2019

204 by Shadowwolf21 »»
Apr 7, 11:34 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2019

108 by Bubblarz »»
Mar 31, 1:52 PM

Poll: » Dororo Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2019

442 by Flomik »»
Mar 25, 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.