Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 14, 2019 9:08 PM

Mar 2016
Got back into it last year and really started collecting cards again. I have a monarch deck, buster blader lock deck, and zombie horder deck as well as dragon collide deck. Games mad fun with all the new summoning mechanics.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 14, 2019 9:54 PM

Feb 2016
I used to play pretty frequently with my friends, and I enjoyed playing the game a lot.

After realizing how bad Konami was, however, we decided to start playing magic instead.

Yugioh is still a great game, but the way the newer cards work is just kind of.. eh.
i watch anime
Feb 14, 2019 11:02 PM

Nov 2011
LegendaryGaijin said:
I used to play pretty frequently with my friends, and I enjoyed playing the game a lot.

After realizing how bad Konami was, however, we decided to start playing magic instead.

Yugioh is still a great game, but the way the newer cards work is just kind of.. eh.

idk about the yugioh community - stopped playing after yugioh GTX, but as for the magic the gathering, whatever bad rep konami has, magic is probably not much better.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NQLAZkg-0
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Feb 14, 2019 11:29 PM

Feb 2016
DreamingBeats said:
LegendaryGaijin said:

idk about the yugioh community - stopped playing after yugioh GTX, but as for the magic the gathering, whatever bad rep konami has, magic is probably not much better.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h1NQLAZkg-0

I don't really know anything about the drama in either community. I wasn't talking about that.
I just play the game with my friends sometimes and I competed in some tournaments last summer. Konami doesn't support their game very well, at least not in the states. Wizards of the Coast, at the time that we were more heavily involved in playing in tournaments, supported magic pretty well. So we started playing magic more often, and yugioh was pushed to the side. I like both games a lot, I just ended up putting more time into magic because there was more stuff to do.
i watch anime
Feb 15, 2019 12:27 AM

Feb 2018
no i stopped being 10 years old about 14 years ago
Feb 15, 2019 12:40 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I started recently playing again for some casual fun, but until Astrograph Sorcerer comes off the ban list, my Exodia deck can't be at full power. Now using my 2nd most favorite deck, Fossil Dyna+Necrovalley+Ultimate Falcon deck which is never gonna be affected by the ban list unless they ban Gamble for being too OP XDDD
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 15, 2019 1:31 AM
May 2016
i used to play pretty often, but only online, never irl. had a lot of fun with it too, specifically with my lightsworn deck. then pendulums came out, and i just didn't care enough to learn how they worked so i stopped
Feb 24, 2019 2:01 PM

Feb 2019
LegendaryGaijin said:

What made you turn against Konami?
Feb 24, 2019 4:14 PM

Nov 2008
I'm waiting for Link Evolution on the Switch to get back into Yu-Gi-Oh which will be quite a while seeing that no new information was available in the latest V-Jump issue.

Feb 24, 2019 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
i used to play it when i was in highschool and i played a ton of yugioh millenium duels on my xbox one. i havent really played much lately though
Feb 24, 2019 10:39 PM

Feb 2016
SamHandwich said:
LegendaryGaijin said:

I talked about this earlier, but, Konami doesn't support yugioh very well in the united states. At the time that I was playing cards more often, WOTC supported magic really well, so my friends and I ended up playing magic over yugioh.
i watch anime
Feb 25, 2019 12:21 PM

Feb 2019
LegendaryGaijin said:
SamHandwich said:

I talked about this earlier, but, Konami doesn't support yugioh very well in the united states. At the time that I was playing cards more often, WOTC supported magic really well, so my friends and I ended up playing magic over yugioh.

Magic's a great game to get into because you can have a group of friends who all play fun decks like tribal or peasant, so everyone can have good long games and see weird little synergies pop up that they didn't quite expect. There's also a large library of good and cheap outdated cards for casual play so you have a lot of breathing room.

With that said, Magic has two downsides.
Wizards has become too greedy, adding mythic rares, intentionally bad rares, and $240 modern masters boxes with 24 packs and still bloated with bad rares. It's highlighted their game's qualities as a gacha "money spending simulator" game.
The other is that the singles market needed to access higher levels of play is unforgiving, mostly because WotC keeps it this way by withholding reprints. When I quit, Tarmogoyf was still $200 and necessary for a lot of decks.

I still play sometimes with my old decks but I have to stay away from local tourneys where everyone's trying so hard to end the game in 4 turns like they're not enjoying it.
Feb 25, 2019 10:32 PM

May 2014
I currently play Madolche, Nekroz, and Lunalight.
I enjoy all the new game mechanics as well. It's also nice to see Konami release new cards for old archetype from time to time. I was very surprised when they announced Thunder Dragon was gonna be an archetype lol
May 18, 2019 6:23 AM
Feb 2019
Yeah I play it on my Xbox one.
May 18, 2019 6:45 AM

Jun 2014
No, because I'm not 13 anymore.

May 18, 2019 9:34 AM

Nov 2011
Used to play the physical card game during my middle school years.

Then, I got back to it briefly around 2014-2015 but has taken a break since. I'm probably getting it back to it someday though. I still own some of my Game Boy Advance games from the 2000s.
May 19, 2019 9:21 PM

Feb 2019
LegendaryGaijin said:

Magic's great for flexibility. You can buy a fat pack from a newer set and mix it in with an Onslaught-era deck with no problem. In Yu-Gi-Oh you pull a card and it tells you to activate it with (Card name from same set) to summon (Card name from same set) so people keep investing every time a new set drops.
May 19, 2019 9:29 PM

May 2018
It's been a while since I last play it. Sold my old cards. Now I feel like giving it a try. Anyone can recommend me the best Yugioh game available on PC?
May 19, 2019 9:33 PM

Mar 2012
Gorochu said:
It's been a while since I last play it. Sold my old cards. Now I feel like giving it a try. Anyone can recommend me the best Yugioh game available on PC?
YGOPro Percy if you want automated simulator with newest card available. Can only play online though since there are no AI opponent.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 23, 2019 7:38 AM

Aug 2016
Well in the past ~
nice to see that ppl still are into it
May 23, 2019 7:54 AM

Jun 2014
Vazka said:
Seiya said:
No, because I'm not 13 anymore.

BorisM3 said:
no i stopped being 10 years old about 14 years ago

Majority of the people that play it nowadays aren't that young. Just like how a lot of older people play Pokemon too. Ignorance at its finest lmao.

I wouldn't play Pokemon at my age either.

May 23, 2019 7:57 AM

Aug 2016
Seiya said:
Vazka said:

Majority of the people that play it nowadays aren't that young. Just like how a lot of older people play Pokemon too. Ignorance at its finest lmao.

~ still do not badmouth the interests of others
May 23, 2019 8:22 AM

Jun 2014
Vazka said:
Seiya said:

Thats fine. But if you actually thought only kids are into them then you're completely wrong.

Nobody actually "played" Pokemon cards back in my day.

Around 1998, when it was really popular, people would buy Pokemon cards, and trade them, but that was it. Also, fads died really quick, because my school would ban anything fun within weeks of it becoming popular.

My school banned Pokemon cards, beyblades, Yugioh cards, etc.

May 24, 2019 3:14 AM

Sep 2011
Used to but I think I stop caring anymore the moment they introduced this synchronizing thing and that alone enough makes me think YuGiOh is not the same anymore.

May 24, 2019 3:33 AM

May 2019
yeah i play a red eyes deck that i put together
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 2, 2019 1:14 PM

Dec 2018
Ashscot said:
I just bought a Yu-Gi-Oh game for my GBA. Does that count? I was feeling nostalgic and decided to try it out.

The Yugioh GBA games are so good! I was actively playing Duel Links/Legacy of the Duelist for awhile last year, but I took a bit of a break. I like playing the old YGO video games for nostalgia's sake though every once in awhile. Super excited for Legacy of the Duelist to release on Switch as well. :D
Jun 2, 2019 4:49 PM
Jul 2018
retr0ali said:
Super excited for Legacy of the Duelist to release on Switch as well. :D

same its actually super hype another yugioh game is getting a physical release (im old fashioned)

honestly though i cant really complain duel links has been great for a long time
Jun 2, 2019 7:25 PM

Dec 2018
xMx16 said:
retr0ali said:
Super excited for Legacy of the Duelist to release on Switch as well. :D

same its actually super hype another yugioh game is getting a physical release (im old fashioned)

honestly though i cant really complain duel links has been great for a long time

Same! I'm super excited that they're releasing physical cards with it as well.
Jun 2, 2019 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
retr0ali said:

like in the box? if so thats amazing

i wish when i was a kid i knew how impossible to get the graceful/skull dice and exchange that came with eternal duelist soul would be and took better care of them :c
Jun 2, 2019 9:29 PM

May 2018
So what's everyone favorite card? I don't own that many cards as my interest in Yugioh as a kid is pretty short. Here's mine for each category.

Monster: Elemental Heroes Bladedge
Magic: Monster Reborn
Trap: Magic Cylinder

Because I was in hiatus from Yugioh since playing it as a kid, I heard some cards like magic cylinder was banned for being too OP(please correct me if I'm wrong). Kinda make me wonder why Konami create those OP cards in the first place if they will ban it later.
Jun 2, 2019 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
Gorochu said:
So what's everyone favorite card? I don't own that many cards as my interest in Yugioh as a kid is pretty short. Here's mine for each category.

Monster: Elemental Heroes Bladedge
Magic: Monster Reborn
Trap: Magic Cylinder

Because I was in hiatus from Yugioh since playing it as a kid, I heard some cards like magic cylinder was banned for being too OP(please correct me if I'm wrong). Kinda make me wonder why Konami create those OP cards in the first place if they will ban it later.

my favourite monsters are toadally awesome, black luster soldier envoy of the beginning, rainbow dragon, red-eyes flare metal dragon, UA mighty slugger

spells cosmic cyclone, UA powered jersey, red-eyes fusion

traps solemn judgment, imperial order

magic cylinder isn't banned and as far as i know has never even been limited or semi-limited (allowed at 1 or 2 copies), it's not a good card competitively, you might have read a meme that was making fun of it or something

they make cards that end up being OP and utilize a ban list because it's impossible to have the foresight to know exactly how much of an impact a card will have on the meta, and since they don't use set rotation like other popular card games they need a ban list to get rid OP cards or they will be abused until the end of time
Jun 2, 2019 10:58 PM

May 2018
I have a question regarding this Levia Dragon's effect card.
You can send 1 face-up "Umi" you control to the Graveyard; destroy all other cards on the field.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Levia-Dragon_-_Daedalus

It says here if I use this monster's effect, I can destroy all other cards on the field, does this 'other' include Levia Dragon or all other cards on the field except for Levia Dragon?
Jun 3, 2019 1:52 AM

Mar 2012
Gorochu said:
I have a question regarding this Levia Dragon's effect card.
You can send 1 face-up "Umi" you control to the Graveyard; destroy all other cards on the field.

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Levia-Dragon_-_Daedalus

It says here if I use this monster's effect, I can destroy all other cards on the field, does this 'other' include Levia Dragon or all other cards on the field except for Levia Dragon?
If it say other that mean everything except the card that activate it. In this case Daedalus remain on the field. You can compare to another "nuke" card like Black Rose Dragon where it destroy everything on the field up including itself.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 3, 2019 6:36 AM

Dec 2018
xMx16 said:
retr0ali said:

i wish when i was a kid i knew how impossible to get the graceful/skull dice and exchange that came with eternal duelist soul would be and took better care of them :c

Yep! Like they did with the old games.
Jun 3, 2019 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
retr0ali said:
xMx16 said:

well now im more excited for this game than any in the past 8 years, im probably gonna get 2 copies lmao

i wonder what the cards will be, probably at least 1 will be a link monster of some kind
Jun 3, 2019 12:25 PM

Dec 2018
xMx16 said:
retr0ali said:

well now im more excited for this game than any in the past 8 years, im probably gonna get 2 copies lmao

i wonder what the cards will be, probably at least 1 will be a link monster of some kind

I think some of the advertisements/promotional images showed the cards, but I forget what they are off the top of my head haha.
Jun 3, 2019 12:30 PM

Oct 2018
I still remember the title screen's soundtrack and most of it's OST for the GB Color though I forget how I even got my hands on that game as a kid.~

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 3, 2019 5:51 PM

Jun 2017
^Nice avatar! :)

as for the question,yes i do IRL. only play oldschool though.
Jun 5, 2019 6:13 PM

Dec 2018
Ashscot said:
retr0ali said:

The Yugioh GBA games are so good! I was actively playing Duel Links/Legacy of the Duelist for awhile last year, but I took a bit of a break. I like playing the old YGO video games for nostalgia's sake though every once in awhile. Super excited for Legacy of the Duelist to release on Switch as well. :D

I agree! Growing up I only had and played Reshef of Destruction and The Sacred Cards. Sure they are a little different from traditional games but I still had fun. The game I just bought was The Eternal Duelist Soul, which I'm having lots of fun with.

Ahh I love EDS, it's so good. :D I have way too many hours in that game haha.
Jun 5, 2019 7:38 PM

Dec 2016
Yu-Gi-Oh never interested me at the slightest. Not then, not now.

But I would play again many of the Pokemon games, those were really really fun and insanely addictive.
Jun 7, 2019 5:48 AM

Dec 2015
Not anymore.

I always had a certain love for Magic (and other kind of games, that's what pushed me to start the manga and helped me to love the first part and some bits of Battlel City despite its length).

As for YGO, the IRL Magic&Wizards, while I appreciated it at first (thanks to the simpleness of the game and its effectiveness), the piled-up mechanisms (and terribly long texts) and constant banishments/retrictions of cards (seriously, what's the point of restricting cards to 1exmplar at their release if they end up being reduced to 0 later?!) ended up eating my last bits of sympathy. I always played between friends or family but everyone always insisted on using the official lists...
I never really liked the presentation of the cards (even the "modern" Magic style seems better to me) and the illustrations were rarely nice while MTG still boasts numerous good-looking artworks and varous distinctive styles.
Jun 7, 2019 7:23 AM

Sep 2014
tried to get into it during my temporary frustration with MtG, but I quickly gave up after realizing it's worse at pretty much every aspect.
Just like every card game, getting into it was a blast but moving further into just slightly more competitive games revealed the problems with design, and these are much worse than other card games in YGO, imo
Jun 7, 2019 11:49 AM
Jul 2018
Yeah i still pay Yu-Gi-Oh i play it with a few friends

i have a few decks i have Dark Magician Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Buster Blader Red Eyes Zombie Dragon and Phantom Knights
Jun 7, 2019 7:38 PM
Jul 2018
Nero_Angelo said:

i have a few decks i have Dark Magician Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Buster Blader Red Eyes Zombie Dragon and Phantom Knights

nice, i dont have many decks rn (mainly play paleo frogs) but i was thinking about making dark magician soon it seems really fun

id probably play crystal beasts if crystal bonds weren't 30$ each
Jun 8, 2019 5:39 AM
Jul 2018
xMx16 said:
Nero_Angelo said:

nice, i dont have many decks rn (mainly play paleo frogs) but i was thinking about making dark magician soon it seems really fun

id probably play crystal beasts if crystal bonds weren't 30$ each

ah nice

yeah Dark Magician is pretty fun and it's actually got a bit more support recently witch is helpful

oh yeah i've been interested in Crystal Beasts i really like the cards they look cool but yeah they are a bit pricey
Aug 11, 2022 6:40 PM

Aug 2009
More though the Duel Monsters era video games, but I started collecting cards again in 2020 and Link Evolution has inspired me to get certain archetypes.

Aug 11, 2022 7:20 PM
ああああああああ

Apr 2013
Not really, anymore. I don't have anyone to play it with right now. I still watch Cimo pretty regularly though.

This ground is soiled by those before me and their lies. I dare not look up for on me I feel their eyes
Aug 12, 2022 9:56 AM

Aug 2016
Don't collect cards(anymore) or play the TCG(would like to do so), but I do play Master Duel pretty frequently now a days.
Aug 13, 2022 8:27 AM

Sep 2014
the only games I completed were Reshef of Destruction and The Sacred Cards.

« »
🔮 Tojo Nozomi
Washi Washi
Aug 26, 2022 11:58 AM

Dec 2020
yeah but i only play 'virtual' duels (aka duel links or master duel games) since i dont have enough money to create my own deck from real cards. sad but true, although i wish to have a real yugioh card collection.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
4 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
4 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
6 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.