Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 21, 2019 2:14 PM
Mar 2014
This was a great episode. I'm glad this anime had a good finish
Jan 21, 2019 3:43 PM

Jan 2015
A beautiful anime, and a beautiful ending... What more can you ask for?
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Jan 21, 2019 6:08 PM
Jun 2016
Personally, this show gets a 9 from me. I loved the emotions and the way the story flowed to convey them. I loved the atmosphere and the art. I agree the last episode left off feeling like there should be more but overall I just really loved this series. I do hope there will eventually be a second season.
Jan 21, 2019 7:22 PM

Mar 2010
Gonna throw my unpopular opinion here. One of the worst series i have completed recently. Usually i love sports genre. I didn't watch Free so (watched it abridged instead lol), guess they both have some kind thing to it that i don't like *cough *guys acting too much like girls* cough*.. Art was wonderful, characters were super 'meh' to me. The conclusion was good, could predict half of it though. Worst thing is that in the end i just didn't even care about most of the characters anymore.. Especially rival team - they were just some characters to me. I could have just watched the last five minutes and skip half series, and i think i would have got the same experience.

Art was great though. And the sport itself also beautiful, nice insight. But if you take these away, what's left? .. I just wish everything else had been done better.
6/10
Jan 21, 2019 7:47 PM

Mar 2018
It was fine. I was expecting a little more from the anime but overall it was nice and simple, and I'm glad they didn't add too much unnecessary drama.
That final moment tho... haha. 6/10
Jan 21, 2019 8:17 PM

Dec 2008
It's such a shame that it's so underrated despite how good it actually is story-wise & art-wise ;o;

the last episode is so touching. Everything is just so aesthetic during the match! I hope it will get another season ;;
Jan 22, 2019 3:44 PM
May 2007
I loved Tsurune to pieces and I'm already too attached. Everything was so beautiful, one of my absolute 10/10 favorites. My heart was racing a lot and more this last episode. I felt like I needed to pause to breathe. I hope S2 happens. I need more Kazemai & Kirisaki kyudo boys with Masa-san. Tsurune gave me a new life goal, to draw a bow wearing a beautiful kyudo hakama at least once.
Jan 22, 2019 4:29 PM

Apr 2012
Well, it was a terrific experience. I finally got the male version of the Class S, which also resonated with my personal experience and was devoted to the interesting for me Budo. Not to mention Minato's harem and adolescence in general, lol. I was somewhat disappointed by the low sales of the first volumes, but overall, I am still incredibly grateful to KyoAni for this show.

With a clear conscience 8/10

Jan 23, 2019 2:27 AM

Jan 2011
The last two eps were good, but everything else was meh.
Jan 23, 2019 2:43 PM

Dec 2016
I couldn't have been more satisfaced with this ending. I mean, for me, it had everything: great OST, good passing, beautiful visuals, and so on. I'm so glad that Kazemai High School won in the end, they all worked really hard and as a result, they ended up becoming a great team.

The only thing I didn't like about this series was the overdramatic it became in certain aspects such as Masa-san's "accident", Onogi's behaviour towards Minato during the first episodes, etc. But at least, all the drama concluded in a good note, so I'm really happy. c:

P.S.: During the time this anime had been airing, I was following Pen's account (@ pen_dag) in twitter because of the extra info it contains about the series (e.g. Kazemai's group chats), so I recommend it if you want to know more about Tsurune.
Jan 25, 2019 4:17 AM

Jun 2013
That final scene in the end tho. My feels ahhh. Both were indeed fated to meet.

Kinda sad 'cause I wanted more in-depth characterization from Shu. Nevertheless, it was a fun ride with this show. Archery is beautiful.
Jan 25, 2019 10:12 AM

May 2017
That scene after the credits. Oh my god. Tiny Minato asking his mom what that sound was and finding his dream, with teenage Masa-san next to him, realizing that he enjoyed kyudo. Wow. Were they watching his grandfather compete I wonder?
That was a great one. I think that having the scene of Masa-san speaking to his grandfather's friend would have been more meaningful. The parts where Masa-san teared up and got emotional about his difficult relationship were the best ( the 11th ep I think), but having him tell Minato of how it went down and feeling his grandfather strongly while he shot seemed really "adult" to me. While the past scenes of him speaking of his grandfather made him seem young and confused, and the team reacted that way too, saying "adults have problems just like we do, they don't suddenly go away". So I don't know. It showed that Masa-san has grown up somewhat, but a much more emotional scene would have suit me and the show much more in my opinion. But great ending nonetheless. I hope Minato and Shu can shoot together in the future..

I'm also curious about the OVA, or episode 14 ♡♡ can't wait.
Jan 26, 2019 5:26 AM

Jul 2017
This episode was a pleasure to watch.

So beautiful!

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Feb 9, 2019 3:25 AM

Apr 2016
Really enjoyed this a lot. I feel like I have some small complaints, but I did enjoy it a lot. 7/10 for me.
[
Feb 9, 2019 3:31 PM

Jun 2014
What a great ending. This Anime continued to get much better toward the end, which make me glad.

It appears that when Minato was a child, and first heard that "Tsurune" sound, a teenage Masa-san was standing right next to him, but neither knew each other at the time.

Mar 4, 2019 11:17 AM

Nov 2016
I absolutely low how the anime went full circle. The very last scene made me so happy and it blew me away.
Apr 8, 2019 3:56 PM

Mar 2017
I liked this anime, especially the message that age doesn't make you wiser, or more mature or better at life. No one has their shit together and that's totally okay!

I do feel like the first half of the anime dragged a bit, making the competition segment a bit fast paced and the characters weren't as likeable as the ones from Free. But other than that an enjoyable watch
Apr 11, 2019 8:04 AM

Aug 2018
shanimebib said:

...then the final scene! Oh, boy! That was super beautiful! Simply beautiful!

This anime was beautiful from start to finish!

Yea I actually checked the first episode and saw that the story was very calculating, in which it made this anime so wonderful.
May 2, 2019 10:22 PM

Jun 2017
Shiro-cat said:
phantomfandom said:
Seiya's dog: I ship my owner with Minato
Masaki's owl: I ship my owner with Minato

Shuu's grandmother: I ship my grandson with Minato

Me: I ship everyone with Minato

:)
Jul 4, 2019 10:47 PM

Apr 2015
this anime got the queer bait that i came for lol, was not disappointed. some sad points were the underwhelming characters (i guess i was expecting more after watching free). i would have loved to amp up the drama, honestly, the misaki being a ghost bait was the best part of the series lol. i disliked the fact that they did not show a lot of the action like cutting parts of the shots or the HAT SCENE THE HAT SCENE OMG LIKE WHAT HAPPENED DID THEY NOT GET BACK THE BASEBALL CAP OMG). would love to see a second season in the future, a loveable cast, i can see it on a great path

Although we part as I leave for Inaba,
where pines grow on the moutain peaks
If I am to hear that you pine for me
I shall come back to you again
Hyakunin Isshu (小倉百人一首):
Poem #16 "Tachiwakare"
©
Jul 16, 2019 12:26 PM

Jul 2016
Really strong finale. I initially thought this anime started off a bit dreary but I started really connecting with the second half especially around eps 9-10. This finale was pretty gorgeous with lots of well-earned emotional highs. I'm happy this was made by KyoAni.
Aug 19, 2019 10:22 AM

Aug 2009
Really good final episode, which largely makes up for the OK middle episodes. The match looked so good (sasuga KyoAni) and the tension was really ramped up as well.

Still one of my least favorite KyoAni productions, but it was a good watch. 7/10
Aug 26, 2019 12:16 AM

Jul 2013
Surprisingly, this turned out somehow better than I expected. The show starts off with Narumiya's target panic but he quickly got over it. Well not really... I mean not entirely but at least he was able to function decently and got his love for archery back thanks to Masaki. I honestly thought the whole show was gonna revolve on him and his target panic but it surprisingly went by quickly. That ghost subplot they were going for was pretty funny. I actually got fooled as well lmao.

Towards the end, it shifted to Seiya and Masaki's own issues. I think the former was well done because we've pretty much seen since the beginning that Seiya also has his own issues he's enduring on his own. He's quite obsessed with Narumiya and seeing how his friend is moving forward without his help really got to him because he realized he can no longer do anything for him. Masaki's an important character so obviously he's gonna get his own fair share of attention. I'm just dissatisfied with the resolution to his problem mostly because there was a lack of attention to it. He basically just went to his grandpa's friend's dojo and realized that his grandpa actually loved him. It's not a bad theme but still very lacking that it becomes boring. I expected more attention to such a central character.

I'm also surprised that the drama is pretty mellow compared to KyoAni's standards. It's usually sappy and full of waterworks to say the least but this show had none of that. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not but it's certainly different from the usual.

The show is basically about Narumiya, Seiya and Masaki. I mean the 1st season of Free! was all about Haru and Rin and it's one of my favorites so I'm in no position to judge Tsurune for that but I just wished the rest of the cast weren't so boring. I'm especially disappointed with Shu. He looked like a major player to the story but I don't think the plot would have been that much different without him. I'm actually glad they didn't reuse the angsty rival character ala Rin but I wish they could have utilized him more. He's just a background character at this point.

I guess it's a 6/10 at best in my book

Dull_LullAug 26, 2019 12:20 AM
Nov 4, 2019 9:25 PM
Aug 2011
As per usual KyoAni fare it was beautiful to look at but I was super bored for the majority of its run.
Masa-san was the only likable character the rest were no good.
Most of them were really annoying (twins, Nanao, Onogi), the others were too bland (Seiya, Minato, Shuu).
Needed more Masa-san moments but I will say that the last shot where we see a younger version of him standing next to Minato was great.
I even went back to the 1st episode to check and yeah he was there but we only saw his legs or part of his body. Good job with that one.
Jul 12, 2020 1:08 PM
May 2015
The ending gave me goosebumps. This show was nice and inspiring for those who are suffering of block on their dreams and passions! Inspiring and Kyoto Ani type of animes! I liked it.
Nov 4, 2020 7:18 AM

Nov 2019
I do not know anything about Kyūdō, I decided to watch the anime after the announcement of Tsurune movie.
I'm glad I watched Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu. This was a beautiful journey and I love everything about it. The story, the art, the characters, the Soundtrack, the Seiyuu. Now I'm reading the Novel and watching the anime again.
My favorite Character is Shuu.
For me 10/10
Dec 22, 2020 8:08 AM

Jun 2020
Beautiful anime. 10/10 for me, I loved every subtle moment.

Everything about this anime was beautiful. The art, the cinematography, the animation was so good, loved the characters, loved every nuanced moment, OST is beautiful. You can just tell how much passion went into creating this anime, as expected of KyoAni, this is definitely up there in their finest works, every single detail & aspect told a beautiful story of self-discovery & friendship, of life.

That final scene was so good. Storytelling at its best.

Only complain is I wish there were more focus on Ryohei & Nanao. Especially Nanao, he’s quite the compelling character too. He may seem frivolous but he pulls his weight around & is so observant in his own ways too.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 10, 2021 3:39 AM
Apr 2020
( THIS ANIME IS CRIMINALLY UNDERRATED, HUH? )

As always, KyoAni always exceeds my expectations. I had not that very high hopes coming from this cuz it's not that known by many (even if it is made by kyoto) but I really enjoyed this a lot. The animation and OSTs are really good and the plot is really interesting, given the background of the characters. Though all of them not had some of their important moments and some of their stories are a little bit rushed or not role-played enough (especially for Shu and some parts of Minato) but thankfully it didn't affect the story much, thanks to the decent scripting. And also I think I'm okay with the ending. It's a pretty good wrap up for me.

I'll rate this a 9/10 for a job well done again by KyoAni. Now I'm gonna wait for the movie for the animes anniversary. I hope it's not a overall summary or recap cuz I'm hearing things that it will be like that
Aug 12, 2021 1:26 PM
Aug 2010
Pretty decent and chill anime. I kinda dislike that they won in the end, it seems very unrealistic with a team full of first years and almost none experience in a final. I really wish they got a lot of experience from this cup and would have won in their second year or something. Overall a really good 7/10 I cannot say anything bad about this series, but nothing mindblowing good.
Sep 6, 2021 5:34 AM

Apr 2020
Good anime but nothing that really stands out imo. It felt a little rushed. 7/10
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Apr 16, 2022 1:07 AM

Feb 2020
Nice finale. I'm so happy they won. :)

Overall, it was an okay show, but maybe a little more boring than I expected. Also, some of the characters were pretty annoying, like Onogi, Nanao, and those twins.

The animation looked great. Once again, KyoAni did a good job.

SerafosNov 29, 2022 1:14 AM
Aug 27, 2022 12:58 PM
Apr 2022
Sep 24, 2022 12:47 AM
Aug 2020
what a fucking episode..... bro....
Oct 2, 2022 10:15 PM

Aug 2019
What a fantastic conclusion. I didn't expect Shu to miss, but the guys performed absolutely amazing. Very well deserved..

and the ending!! What are the chances that they were both watching at the same time?
Jan 4, 2023 5:10 PM

Oct 2014
Shiro-cat said:
I hoped for announcement for second season, not sure how much first season covers from novel and if there is enough material for second one. Hopefully there is enough.

Also a bit disappointed that Shuu missed the target, he didnt miss any through the whole tournament and then he misses last one? I know that its because he looks at Minato, instead at target, but still.
Anyway, I really liked this series. Art was stunning, pace was ideal to get into the story, some of characters were left undeveloped, so that why I hoped for more.

Anyone knows what Shuu told Minato at the end?
Omedeto?

I thought it was "Okaeri" (Welcome back)?
Jan 8, 2023 6:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Wow they even won! That was emotional, definitely some good and deserved development after all the struggling at the beginning, now I can't wait to see how S2 will turn out
Jan 16, 2023 1:26 AM

Oct 2015
Ohh I'm gonna miss the opening by Luck Life! One of the best openings ever. <3

Twins still pissed me off. They only make me miss the twins from Run With The Wind. -.- Tho when one of them got a target panic, I did feel sorry for him.

Seiya finally getting back on Shuu was such a nice dessert! Him saying that he stopped chasing Minato and walking WITH him instead - that was so satisfying! :D

Everyone was amazing. Minato described each of the perfectly. Kaito was like a warrior and he finally reached the result that he wanted - bow turning. Ryouhei was confident in his shots and was able to get back on his feet after missing a shot. My boi Seiya looked so... gallant! With the headband on him, he was like a real archer/samurai in the past! I thought of Nasu no Yoichi! He was calm and stable. He was really beautiful. (Oops! My bias is showing! Moving on!) Nanao was very charming and cool. I loved seeing him shoot. Minato was the best. His shots were beautiful and he was able to produce some fine "tsurune" that I also love. I agree with Seiya. Shuu might have a beautiful form, but I also like Minato's more. :)

It was a great final episode. Minato is a different archer than Shuu. While Shuu thought shooting is only for oneself, that you're alone out there, Minato had a different perspective. You're not alone. This is why I kinda got pissed off by Shuu previously cause I didn't agree with him lol.

Ending is great. Masa-san is okay, both physically and emotionally (maybe not 100% but he's getting there). This man is also beautiful. The last scene was a surprise tho. Did not expect that Masa was also there with Minato when he first heard the "tsurune" that made him fall in love with archery.

Oh well. I'm glad I re-watched this. Season 2 is currently airing and the gap is 4 years. FOUR YEARS. I can't believe it's been that long. Of course I'd forget a lot about this anime! I just remembered how much I loved this. Some scenes stayed in my mind like the first time we saw Masa in the dojo shooting his arrow at night. I also came to love "tsurune" because of this anime. <3
   HuaLian <3
Jan 19, 2023 8:43 AM

May 2015
They finally did it !

Pretty enjoyable show, despite Free was still better.
Feb 25, 2023 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
Really good anime. Beautiful art. Just a nice feeling when you watch. 8/10
Apr 6, 2023 9:39 PM
Nov 2021
A really enjoyable show with great animation
Apr 13, 2023 7:45 AM

May 2012
That final was intense, holy moly. Loved trying to figure out who would be the first person to miss a shot. Animation was beautiful during the finals too. Easily the best episode from the whole first season.

The rest of the season was good, but it had a lot more drama than I expected. I also don't find many of the characters very loveable. They're growing on me, if anything, but they don't particularly stand out to me either. But at the very least, that last episode definitely made the experience worth it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2018

48 by Ratris_Decision »»
Yesterday, 3:35 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2019

37 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

50 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2018

40 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

45 by George8 »»
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.