Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Goblin Slayer (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 23, 2018 5:25 PM
Oct 2015
These anime/manga purists are the worst. Solid episode that gets me hyped for the next one
Dec 23, 2018 7:59 PM

Jan 2013
OMG OMG OMG OMG
This episode! Wow! I was blown away.
Never thought that i would see GS bowing and saying that he would give everything he has, damn! What a man! But i'm glad that guy said that he would help him for a beer xD
But that fight omg! These 2 episodes are definitely the best!
And the next one omg
Those big "goblins" look so scary and strong, damn!

And then you have this... simply amazing!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 23, 2018 8:05 PM
Jan 2016
That episode was awesome, one of my favourites!

GS bowing his head and asking for help to all guild adventurers touched me, was really a emotional moment, GS were offerign everything, even is life, the memonet when people started acepting and telling her reasons and what they want as reward was heartwarming!

Guild receptionist surely is the best girl, she instantly created a quest for to help adventurers acepting GS's request, and their adorable and cute smile, was priceless!

Fight part was really incredible for me, i enjoyed a lot, GS's strategy was perfect, of course we will predict every single move by goblins!

The episode endend when things had become interesting, veterans fighting against goblin champions, and "where is GS?", of course "he is killing some goblins", confronting goblin king, as expected, last scene was really badass!

Looking forward hyped for next and last episode!
Dec 23, 2018 11:10 PM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
I wonder if the guild's gonna run out of gold.. there's definitely more than 100 goblins, not including champions and riders. Also do they do a body count or do people just round up? (Because you know maybe it takes two to kill one, as seen by the spiked poles.)

Amazing episode, and not an unnecessary amount of gore.
10/10
Though does the uncle stay? Also, was I the only one who thought they were going to give away the lancer's name, at the end when they said well...he went to go slay some goblins.
Dec 23, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2015
"I won't be able to take them on in an open field." Now this is a guy who knows when and where he can win and lose fights. He can deal with Goblins little by little in a cave or a confined space, but in an open field he's just asking himself to get surrounded...

One gold coin for every goblin slayed? Guildmarm is gonna help her husbando no matter what!

Wow, Goblins going for intimidation...

We Dynasty Warriors now. And I'm betting that a Dynasty Warriors-style game is being made for this...

"He's more used to dealing with these than dealing with normal goblins." This line actually makes a lot of sense. You get used to tougher fights so much that you don't really fight as much as you like when you deal with something weaker. It's like playing a game and mastering it on the hardest difficulty, and then you try playing on the easiest difficulty and it just doesn't feel the same...

That's right! Call Goblin Slayer a guy who just slays goblins, but everyone has to admit that when it comes to tactics and strategies to deal with goblins, there's no one better than him. This episode went by fast. One more to go!
TarotistDec 23, 2018 11:37 PM
Dec 23, 2018 11:38 PM
Oct 2016
This was hands down my favorite episode yet. The way that everyone came together and showed an awesome slew of teamwork for an epic battle... definitely a great way to build up to the end of the season!!
Dec 23, 2018 11:53 PM

Jun 2013
Best episode so far. The part where he was asking for help and everyone offered their assistance. Of course, cinnamon roll, Lizardman wanted cheese and ice cream and was all gungho when he found out that his favorite snacks were made on the farm.

Btw, I'm not sure since I haven't read the manga or light novels but was cow girl raped or used by the goblins? I was a little confused there.

I guess that's the female meat shield manga/novel readers were talking about. Obviously censored for the Anime version, I saw some illustrations online before but I'm saving the LN and manga for later.

I can't wait for the final episode.
臭い-
Dec 24, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2017
now you can see some heavy armored adventurer on action.
Now Loading.....
Dec 24, 2018 1:15 AM

May 2018
Best episode so far.

Dec 24, 2018 1:17 AM

Apr 2016
I loved this episode, my favorite part was when goblin slayer offered his life in exchange for help. Seeing him in such a vulnerable position simply because he wants to save his childhood friend, really made me feel for him.

I guess my issue was that the battle itself seemed too easy. Especially as the anime is nearing it's end, I was kinda hoping for a more epic battle and a few casualties actually. I hope someone dies and it becomes a a bit more of a struggle.
Dec 24, 2018 5:40 AM

Aug 2017
Another good episode.

The ending got me hyped.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 24, 2018 6:19 AM

Jan 2010
Cowgirl is one selfish girl and also fucking dumb. Didn't she realize she will only be a distraction for him and thus make their survival chance even lower? And she even said if she ran away she will lost the farm and thus her job also and that she will life miserably.... AS IF it's the worst outcome out of the goblin attack! It's much better than to become their plaything??? How is she so dumb???
She said she doesn't want to see GS lost his home again. What bullshit. You staying will only help make that come true. At least make yourself useful and call for help at least. What a dumb bitch.

Enough ranting, now into the good part.
Seeing people ignored GS request is so sad. But I really love Lancer's response to him. And High Elf got angry in his stead is nice too!
Guild Girl win big this time! Good job!!
So nice to finally see Lancer, Witch and everyone in action! Also good to see everyone finally see what GS went through and what he is really capable of!
Missed Priestess in this episode :(

Hopefully more epic climax next ep!

Laionidas said:
She wasn't holding him back, as she knew he would be staying to die in any case, not to win. Also, she makes the cattle argument, which basically means that she and her uncle would live a miserable uncertain life in any case, as there is no Obamacare or any other wellfare/benefit arrangement in GS' world.

How she wasn't holding him back though? She staying will only make him (and herself) die faster. If she has a bit of brain cells, she would have suggested to ask for the Guild's help. Instead she just stayed, crying and waiting. Waiting for what? Getting slaughtered and raped? waiting for GS to kill the goblins and come back like she always do?

That cattle argument is stupid. As if "miserable uncertain life" is worse than getting captured by goblins.
Dec 24, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2017
OMEGA HYPE episode people wanted to help but must keep their pride as adventurers xD

also
GET THE FUCK OUT HATERS
NOBODY GIVE A DAMN FUCK ABOUT YOUR EXISTANCE
STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IDIOT
NOT EVEN PRETENDING YOU FUCKING Pepega NotLikeThis

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Dec 24, 2018 9:01 AM

May 2018
It's the battle at the Alamo now between them Goblin Hoards and adventurers.

Now see see some action with the big boobed witch and her man whore, 1 more to go.
Dec 24, 2018 9:32 AM

Mar 2012
Easily the best episode so far. Not really much to add, but hope the next episode doesn't disappoint after this kinda setup.
Dec 24, 2018 12:59 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty good episode. I just wished the meat shield part wasn't as censored compared to the manga. Hopefully this gets another season with a better budget so we get to see some really nice animated fight scenes.
Dec 24, 2018 5:14 PM

Oct 2007
Question. :)

Before the gold reward was announced. When there were already 6 confirmed to help. Witch said they might be seven. I wonder who she is referring to? Who is this seventh person who will help for free? This is sort of a puzzle to me, because people I asked in another forum have different answers.
Dec 25, 2018 12:25 AM

Jun 2017
Easily the strongest episode so far. Loved it! But yeah, they should have included the monologues of goblin lord. I don't mind them censoring the meat shields. It made its point that the goblins are ruthless and cunning. There is really no reason not to censor it.
Chrome_FalconDec 25, 2018 12:29 AM
Dec 25, 2018 1:04 AM

Oct 2007
evoniee said:
OMEGA HYPE episode people wanted to help but must keep their pride as adventurers xD

also
GET THE FUCK OUT HATERS
NOBODY GIVE A DAMN FUCK ABOUT YOUR EXISTANCE
STOP MAKING YOURSELF LOOK IDIOT
NOT EVEN PRETENDING YOU FUCKING Pepega NotLikeThis

Yeah, got to keep their pride. Nice to see everyone's morale is high.

Can't wait for the next ep. :)

And really can't do anything about the haters... this anime just somehow attracts them like a magnet.
Dec 25, 2018 2:37 AM

Nov 2013
It was epic! Great adaptation from the source.
Dec 25, 2018 2:49 AM

Oct 2008
purely awesome episode!
This is the first time GS asked and requested for assistance to all those boukensha!
GS is the strategist and he really knows 100% on what the goblins would plan their attack and how to deal and counter them.
So that's why GS was no where to be found! of course he went directly to the Goblin Lord! Damn EPIC LEGENDARY red flaring demon-like eye of GS! that was awesome!
I wonder if Priestess also went with GS! cuz we didn't see her with the rest of the Adventurers going into an all-out battle with the horde of Goblins!
Ushikai Musume crying is so hard and painful to see! protecc big boobed girl!
5/5.

Dec 25, 2018 6:36 AM

Apr 2018
Can't wait for the next episode, my fav slaying
Dec 25, 2018 9:25 AM
Nov 2018
Liddo-kun said:

Before the gold reward was announced. When there were already 6 confirmed to help. Witch said they might be seven. I wonder who she is referring to? Who is this seventh person who will help for free? This is sort of a puzzle to me, because people I asked in another forum have different answers.
Priestess. Witch doesn't forget about her.
Dec 25, 2018 3:23 PM

May 2015
Nice "shields". :D Neee? :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 26, 2018 1:48 AM
Oct 2016
I'm glad they mainly stuck with the first two volumes to adapt for the anime, especially with only 12 episodes.

Also, glad to see a character from Year One got so much screentime in this episode.
Dec 26, 2018 5:30 AM
Jun 2017
LOVE THIS EPISODE!!! Goblins, goblins everywhere... and now with goblin champs and goblin lord... goblins sure became more powerful and for that goblin slayer needs all the adventurers for that mission.. and i love how goblin slayer plan the battle for that said fight...

cant wait for the finale episode...
Dec 26, 2018 6:01 AM

Oct 2013
It was definitely worth waiting for the episode one week longer than usual. We finally get the adaptation of this awesome arc, and to say more - a very good adaptation. Everything was great here. We had emotions, such as sadness, despair, but also high mmorale for battle; very beautiful action scenes involving army of goblins and a party formed from many adventurers who accepted to join Goblin Slayer.

Almost no cons about this episode. Maybe the scene in the adventurers' guild could be more dramatic (at least it felt like that in the manga; I'm talking about this scene in which Goblin Slayer asked other adventurers for their help), but this scene was well executed after all, though I think it could have been done a little bit better. ;P

Okay, so the final episode is nigh. Can't wait to see Goblin Slayer dueling Goblin Lord!
Dec 26, 2018 9:00 AM

Sep 2017
Goblin Slayer!!!! F--k those goblins up!

Soooo hyped for the next episode, woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 26, 2018 6:43 PM

Aug 2018
11 episodes in and this show is still just completely average.

absolutely nothing special or memorable about this show. It's just a solid average show that'll be forgotten in a few months.
Dec 26, 2018 7:40 PM
Oct 2016
Glad the meat shields made it in. I think we saw enough to understand the intent and what was going on.

xxdarkknightxx12 said:

absolutely nothing special or memorable about this show. It's just a solid average show that'll be forgotten in a few months.

Doubt it.

What will you say in a few months when it's not?
Dec 27, 2018 1:29 AM

Dec 2014
wait wait wait, this happened much sooner in the manga right? right?
Dec 27, 2018 1:34 AM
Oct 2016
KuroNavi said:

This story was the original climax for Light Novel Vol. 1, meaning it happened before they went to Water Town, which was Volume 2. However, the anime producers re-arranged it. Now, it happens after Water Town.

In the manga, this fight happened, and then the Water Town quest. The anime producers switched events probably to make a more dramatic and satisfying conclusion for the anime version.

This is why people were confused about episode 5. It seemed like they were jumping ahead to Water Town and skipping Battle for the Farm. Some properly predicted they were moving this battle to the end of the season, which they did.

It wouldn't have made sense to start Volume 3 as the finale because there just wouldn't have been time at all in only 12 episodes.
Dec 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Jun 2017
Those poor two adventurers who got ambushed by Hobogoblins, poor them. This was a really good episode though, I'm glad to see a lot of action and development, but I'd say that it's a tad too late for the series. But other than that, I can't complain, I got to see the witch in action but I really am annoyed by the way she speaks. "She....... speaks like..... this......... literally............"
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Dec 27, 2018 6:46 AM

Dec 2014
UTJeff316 said:
KuroNavi said:

This story was the original climax for Light Novel Vol. 1, meaning it happened before they went to Water Town, which was Volume 2. However, the anime producers re-arranged it. Now, it happens after Water Town.

In the manga, this fight happened, and then the Water Town quest. The anime producers switched events probably to make a more dramatic and satisfying conclusion for the anime version.

This is why people were confused about episode 5. It seemed like they were jumping ahead to Water Town and skipping Battle for the Farm. Some properly predicted they were moving this battle to the end of the season, which they did.

It wouldn't have made sense to start Volume 3 as the finale because there just wouldn't have been time at all in only 12 episodes.

ahhh gotcha, i dont read the novel so i didnt know and couldnt quite remember from the manga, thanks
Dec 27, 2018 11:32 AM
Apr 2017
Finally some good episode. I'm so happy I didn't drop this when I wanted to.
Dec 27, 2018 12:43 PM
Sep 2016
This episode was amazing! They are finally taking Goblin Slayer seriously and he shows them he's an amazing strategist.
Dec 27, 2018 1:44 PM
Dec 2018
I Love this, that was fantastic episode
Dec 27, 2018 6:56 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
Best episode till date, I think it was a fantastic idea to switch the arcs up and have this close out the season. This was so awesome.

Damn, I got really emotional when Goblin Slayer bowed his head and asked for help from all the adventurers at the guild. Especially when he said he'd give up anything he had as an award, thankfully the guy with the spear turned out to be a good dude.

Guild Girl coming through big time, this is why she's the best. That smile on her face when all the adventurers got riled up. <3
I couldn't help but grin too during that entire scene, most of the adventurers are simply too prideful to admit they actually wanna help. xD

The battle was awesome, it was super cool to see everyone execute GS's strategy and I''m glad it was all really well animated. Everyone should've gotten a taste of what goblins are really like now. The final scene with GS walking towards the Goblin Lord was pure badass.

I can't wait for the finale next week, it's gonna be glorious.
Pretty much my thoughts....I got way too many feels watching this episode lol
Dec 27, 2018 8:46 PM

Feb 2015
After GS discovered the goblins footprints, he warned cowgirl about the danger of not leaving the farm, but despite the warnings, she didn’t go (which is a horrible option). GS went to the guild and asked for help to the adventurers, some of them seemed distant to the problem of a goblin horde attacking a farm, his friends and adventurers that have a continue contact with him offered to help, the guild receptionist helped giving one gold coin for each goblin killed, so GS got a lot of support. The night fell and the army started their movement, goblins came out from the trees using human bodies as shields, but with magic they could sleep the goblins and save the girls, after a while fighting some goblins came out riding wolfs, that were countered by wood spears (kind of walls). The bad news came when the hobgoblins came out, much bigger and stronger than a normal goblin, only a few adventurers are skilled enough to challenge them, but while this battle happens, GS is hunting hard for the goblin lord that is leading the horde.

Actually, there is no episode of this anime that bored me, they all are very entertaining for me. I think cowgirl’s decision not to leave is very stupid, I know she kind of feels love for him, but you don’t waste your life and integrity like that. Guild scene was cruel with GS, but only in the beginning, they all agreed to help, which could give GS a better chance to finish with the invasion. As expected, GS gave them a strategy, so they could get less surprised by goblins, including goblins, shields, wolfs and hobgoblins. The real party is about to begin.
Atlas77Jul 13, 2019 5:02 PM
Dec 28, 2018 3:22 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Oh my God, this episode, I can't even. Man, where to even start? Like seriously, this is epic.
For one, how he gained everybody's approval and the way he shared his strategic knowledge was freaking satisfying, and the battle so far was in their pocket. I really loved how he didn't directly take part of the group fight and went ahead by himself like he always does to get the big fish.
It's really nice seeing all of those silver ranked showing off what they are capable of, and man are they some strong fighters.
And now, for what I really adore, the witch that accompanies the brown-haired sliver ranked dude, isn't she the sexiest? And her tone of voice and pattern of speech is just dragging me into loving her even more.
Dec 28, 2018 3:40 AM

Jul 2016
Liddo-kun said:

The priestess MC I assume
Dec 28, 2018 5:38 AM

Apr 2015
papsoshea said:
zyke said:
Congratulations for being most generic weeb elitist.
Triggered much? Can't participate in discussing the episode or this series, but feels the need to reply with a generic response, how ironic.

-----

xscetia23 said:
i agree. this adaptation is really bad.
They even fk up the meatshield (why bother showing it if you just gonna blur it)

where is the gore? tense? psychological? everything the manga have they ruined it
and the animation is mediocre at its best

they better be joking and just make this a parody and name it Silver boi and his friends

i think it's better if other studios gets a hold of this. this show went from potential anime of the season to a crowd memefest
Been saying it for weeks, if you're a fan of Goblin Slayer, then you're better off reading the manga because this anime is trash. I literally just said 3 weeks ago that when the recap episode was announced, that it was a sign of a white flag from the studio. People try to say "it's saving the $$$ for episode 11 and 12" - which has now changed too "it's saving the $$$ for the last episode."

Pretty funny, seeing that the production has been below average with GS constantly going in and out of CG, along with the goblins. On a side note, who in their right mind, would buy this shitty series on blu-ray/dvd just too see the uncensored 'meat shields' scene? Lol, smh! Read the manga.

Figures. You are so narcissistic you thought you could trigger someone with your childish crying.
Dec 29, 2018 3:37 AM

Sep 2007
Really a great episode.
You see when despite he is only killing goblins, our Goblin Slayer was in the hearts of a lot of adventurers.
Between the duo Lancer & Witch, or just he two novice team, and our heavy armored group ...

Anyways, my only complain witht the anime is the details of the relationships of Goblin Slayer with others.
In the Light Novel, you can see him trying to evolve to be more social and others.
Like in the Water City with the Lancer and Witch. :)
But apart that, the anime is really a good stuff.
Dec 29, 2018 10:39 AM
Oct 2016
zyke said:

Figures. You are so narcissistic you thought you could trigger someone with your childish crying.

It's like papsoshea has a vendetta or something. It's sort of weird.
Dec 29, 2018 1:48 PM

Aug 2018
UTJeff316 said:
Glad the meat shields made it in. I think we saw enough to understand the intent and what was going on.

xxdarkknightxx12 said:

Doubt it.

you're right dude. A year later when people gawk over anime like SAO and Your Name, this show will definitely still be relevant :)
Dec 29, 2018 1:54 PM
Mar 2017
Awesome episode, Goblin Slayer is not alone.
Finally the battle in the farm Arc begins, they leave this Arc to end the anime and i'm not disappointed.
Goblin Slayer was overwhelmed by the number of goblins that threaten the farm and knowing the horde is led by Lord Goblin things could get worse if they are not stopped.
I think Cow girl moved me with her speech of not leave the farm, after all she and Goblin Slayer lost is understandable her sadness.
The adventurers were surprised by GS's request for help, but obviously they refused at first for justified reasons and some even mocked, but finally Goblin Slayer offers all their belongings and also his life, which surprises Spearman and the rest of adventurers, but Spearman goes further and asks "what happens if I order you to die" and his response left him stunned and he accepts, then Guild Girl arrives with a mission that will give as a reward a gold coin for each dead goblin and Goblin Slayer gets the troops necessary to eliminate the horde of goblins. I love how High Elf and company ask for their rewards, Lizardman was the most fun, this guy loves cheese.
The night came and Lord Goblin begins to mobilize his horde.
The shields meat appeared after all (I thought they would not put them by the sensitive public, but in the end they sent them to cry in a corner), I must say that was a sad image to see, those emaciated faces and lifeless eyes, but at least they managed free them from that horrible torment. High Elf is still the best archer and I love to see her concentrated eliminating pests. At last we see Spearman and Magician Girl in action, now I see they turn out to be a good duo when working together and as a team they give a better results.
The knowledge of GS resulted in a guaranteed victory, although the heavy artillery of the horde makes its appearance, Hobgoblins and two Goblins Champions and now it is the turn of the adventurers with experience to show off.
On the other hand, Goblin Slayer intercepts the Lord Goblin before he fled, the way Goblin Slayer appeared was incredible and makes it clear that the next episode will have a good final battle.
Dec 29, 2018 2:14 PM
Oct 2016
xxdarkknightxx12 said:
UTJeff316 said:

Doubt it.

you're right dude. A year later when people gawk over anime like SAO and Your Name, this show will definitely still be relevant :)

You do know this show debuted literally the same time as a new season as SAO and it also was streamed more in multiple countries all over the globe?

Dec 29, 2018 7:48 PM
Aug 2017
Goddamn this was epic
Dec 30, 2018 10:41 AM

Jul 2008
Oh cow girl....do you have a death wish? When a horde comes you run.

Glad he managed to get the guild to help cause otherwise this would have been a disaster.

Great battle though.
Dec 30, 2018 11:25 PM

May 2013
YAS BOO, YOU GO GET THAT BIG BOSS.

It was so cheesy, but I'm glad everyone decided to help for a full-on war huehue
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2018

993 by Raphkial »»
May 7, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

288 by Ronin_Alx »»
Apr 18, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2018

372 by Tartyus »»
Mar 1, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2018

382 by azzther »»
Feb 26, 8:15 AM

Poll: » Goblin Slayer Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 1, 2018

197 by RGreatDanton »»
Feb 10, 5:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.