Forum Settings
Forums

Do you want more dominant female anime characters?

New
More dominant female anime characters?
Dec 18, 2018 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
As a huge fan of femdom, I wish there were more female characters who were dominant. I really liked Monster Musume for the fact that the female cast is so secure with their sexuality, and dominant with it. What about you guys?

EDIT: I was referring to female characters who are dominant in ANY way: sexual, strength, lead role, etc.
removed-userJan 10, 2019 9:05 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2018 7:01 PM

Feb 2013
yes but only in commited lesbian relationships
Dec 18, 2018 7:08 PM

Nov 2013
Yes dominant females are always a plus as long as they aren’t abusive. Erza is a good example imo
Dec 18, 2018 7:19 PM

Jul 2017
i wish there would be more shounen and sports anime featuring female protagonists
Dec 18, 2018 7:33 PM

Aug 2016
The world needs more dominant badass females (if we're talking strictly romance, no physical abuse for shitty reasons)
MechKingKillbotDec 18, 2018 7:36 PM
Dec 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2018
Can every anime character just be Nobunago Oda

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 18, 2018 7:38 PM

Nov 2016
yeah, i would like to see more anime with more dominant female anime characters

Dec 18, 2018 7:40 PM
Jan 2012
Dominant, or equal to the others. And I don't mean the "Oh I'm a strong girl, ready for anything, I can do what any other boy could do!" and then get taken down a peg because she was apparently useless. It's not even about making a strong female lead, all you literally have to do is to not make the "strong" female lead not go through the same cliche situations of the damsel in distresses, yet they somehow always fuck it up.

I want more characters like the Major from Ghost in the Shell.
Dec 18, 2018 7:56 PM

Jul 2017
Dominant in which regard lmao? Being sexually dominant is different from being physically/verbally dominant. And if it's the latter, then there are already quite a few examples present (Mai from Bunny Girl, Hitagi from Monogatari, Lacia from Beatless, Akame from Akame ga Kill etc.)

But if I had to say I'd go with what @OnionKnightRises said, in that they're all equal.
Dec 18, 2018 8:10 PM
Jul 2018
Short_Circut said:
Dominant in which regard lmao? Being sexually dominant is different from being physically/verbally dominant.

I was talking about all categories, actually. But I especially want sexually dominant female characters.

Dec 18, 2018 8:17 PM
Jan 2015
Short_Circut said:
Mai from Bunny Girl.
Eh, Mai and Sakuta have a really balanced relationship, so I wouldn't necessarily call her a femdom.
My Queens

Dec 18, 2018 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
Short_Circut said:
Dominant in which regard lmao? Being sexually dominant is different from being physically/verbally dominant.

I was talking about all categories, actually. But I especially want sexually dominant female characters.

I guess now it depends on how dominant you want your females to be lol. There still are quite a few sexually dominant females like Esdeth from Akame ga Kill, Miyako from Love me, Seriously, Rias and Akeno from HS DxD, Shera from How Not to Summon a Demon Lord but I understand your point; the ratio between "perfect" females/sexually driven ones is massively higher to the former

-Mahesvara said:
Short_Circut said:
Mai from Bunny Girl.
Eh, Mai and Sakuta have a really balanced relationship, so I wouldn't necessarily call her a femdom.

Yea I was a bit reluctant to include this one, but still, there are quite a few moments where Mai's clearly wearing the pants in the relationship
Dec 18, 2018 8:51 PM
Jan 2015
Short_Circut said:
HopefulNihilist said:

I guess now it depends on how dominant you want your females to be lol. There still are quite a few sexually dominant females like Esdeth from Akame ga Kill, Miyako from Love me, Seriously, Rias and Akeno from HS DxD, Shera from How Not to Summon a Demon Lord but I understand your point; the ratio between "perfect" females/sexually driven ones is massively higher to the former

-Mahesvara said:

Yea I was a bit reluctant to include this one, but still, there are quite a few moments where Mai's clearly wearing the pants in the relationship
True, but the reverse happens with Sakuta as well sometimes too.
My Queens

Dec 18, 2018 8:52 PM
Jul 2018
sure, i think that's something i liked about black lagoon :p
Dec 18, 2018 9:08 PM

Aug 2013
Isn't Monster Musume that show full of girls with no personality whatsoever
Kinda weird pick for dominant female characters
Dec 18, 2018 9:48 PM

Feb 2018
Sure, that would be a really nice change of pace, with most anime girls being rather submissive.
Dec 18, 2018 10:09 PM

Jan 2018
As long as they're well written, then absolutely. As like stated above, I'll take characters like Major anyday of the week.
What a beautiful Duwang
Dec 18, 2018 10:15 PM

Apr 2018
I fuckin love me a dominant or bad-ass female character and would love to see more of these in anime as long as they are done well. I want to see more of these characters in sword and sorcery or some similar style fantasy setting.
Dec 18, 2018 10:19 PM

Nov 2018
Dominant females to be dominated? Why yes. Not that I'm saying inequality in gender, I'm not. Putting the domination aside, they're generally great to me.
Dec 19, 2018 1:38 AM

Oct 2014
I don't want overt sexualization when it's out of place in narratives. When it happens out of place I think it's just a poor attempt at a distraction and enticement to cover flaws of a show, and if something has to do that in the first place unironically it's probably not a good series to begin with.

But no I wouldn't want femdom like that, I love women who have an imposing presence just like badass male characters. In that context considering my favorites list of Motoko Kusanagi, Olivier Armstrong, and Esdeath, I think women like this are in short supply and I want more of them.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Dec 19, 2018 1:45 AM

Sep 2011
how did i know you were the one who mad this poll
Dec 19, 2018 2:37 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
I don't find it that important since I don't primarily watch romance anime.
Genres I watch frequently benefit more from proper world-building or well put-together jokes.

But now you mention it, there's indeed often just one sexually confident individual, even in romance anime.
I cannot think of any non-hentai tv anime series in which there's two sexually confident people.
Dec 19, 2018 2:43 AM

Nov 2016
romagia said:
yes but only in commited lesbian relationships

^

This sums it up pretty well, we are in dire need of lesbian anime like Cross Ange.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 19, 2018 8:17 AM
Jul 2018
Electik said:
as a lesbian, they’re good. i love a woman who can step on me. characters like grell sutcliffe, rize from tokyo ghoul and darkness from konosuba are great. there should definitely be more (above 18 year old) women who’re secure in their sexuality but aren’t unnecessarily sexualised,,,, if that makes sense.

That does make sense. I like fan service, obviously, but I feel that in a non-ecchi series, the sexualization of a character can distract me from really appreciating the substance the character has. But yeah, at the same time, I wish more female characters in anime were secure about their sexuality, instead of freaking out over things like a kiss.
Dec 19, 2018 9:13 AM
Aug 2018
I wouldn't mind more as long as the character is fleshed out and realistic, I was a huge fan of General Armstrong from FMAB, Bad ass, strong, a leader, and able to hold her own in combat. I am getting tired seeing females act like little children especially characters like Misato (not sayiing she's a terrible character in fact she's very realistic and well written, but I despise her and dont get why people like her), as long as we can have more like General Armstrong and less like Misato then im A OK.
Dec 19, 2018 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
Femdom is a nice fetish, but I wouldn't go so far as to demand more of it everywhere. Also it doesn't work if everyone is dominant, so you need submissive characters for that too.
Dec 19, 2018 10:32 AM

Jul 2015
Depending on what you mean, probably not. Generally I am into cute feminine girls and its hard for physically or sexually dominating girls to be cute or sincere in that sense. In romance anime especially it is the last thing in the world I want to see. Submissive all the way. In action or shounen anime it can be good, but a dominating girl is never waifu material in my books.
Dec 19, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2017
If the girls don't get blush every time the MC breathes, then it will be good enough for me.
How will a girl be dominant in an normal anime?
Dominant girls sound more like a hentai.

What is femdom? Fetish for feet?

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Dec 19, 2018 11:02 AM
Oct 2018
if they are obvious feminism propaganda no.
if they are well put in the story and not forced i'd say yes.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Dec 19, 2018 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
zBluee said:
If the girls don't get blush every time the MC breathes, then it will be good enough for me.

When I say "dominant" I don't just mean dominant in a sexual way, but in personality: cool, strong, confident.

Femdom means female domination.
Dec 19, 2018 11:22 AM

May 2017
HopefulNihilist said:
zBluee said:

When I say "dominant" I don't just mean dominant in a sexual way, but in personality: cool, strong, confident.

Femdom means female domination.

Oh
I call it "independent women/girls".
"Dominant girl" sounds like in a sexual way.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Dec 19, 2018 1:52 PM

Oct 2010
I only want an Murcielago anime, the girl mc is crazy, insane, has sex with all the girls, kills all the villains, has big boobs.
Dec 22, 2018 6:42 PM

Aug 2017
I have a question....Where is the option "I don't care"?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 10, 2019 8:29 PM

Jul 2016
Yes, like in this one:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/913/Kakutou_Bijin_Wulong

This is severely under watched.
Jan 10, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2015
Yes but not taking a leading role over the male MC.
Jan 10, 2019 8:32 PM
Jul 2018
Anowser said:

How come? Why don't you want a dominant female character taking a leading role over the male MC?
Jan 10, 2019 8:40 PM
Jul 2018
Definitely not. More of stupid, weak, vulnerable lolis are what I'm personally looking forward to.
Jan 10, 2019 8:45 PM

Oct 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
Anowser said:

How come? Why don't you want a dominant female character taking a leading role over the male MC?

Nothing sexist, I just happen to like more male MC (I am not gay though). I don't care if they are equally relevant to the plot.
Jan 10, 2019 8:55 PM

May 2009
HopefulNihilist said:
As a huge fan of femdom, I wish there were more female characters who were dominant. I really liked Monster Musume for the fact that the female cast is so secure with their sexuality, and dominant with it. What about you guys?
Okay, here's my problem with your question.

If I want to see more female characters as lead protags, but I don't particularly care to see more female characters as dominant partners in romantic relationships because I'm just not a big romance genre fan anyway, what should I vote for?

edit: I voted yes anyway. whatever
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Jan 10, 2019 9:04 PM
Jul 2018
GlennMagusHarvey said:
HopefulNihilist said:
Okay, here's my problem with your question.

If I want to see more female characters as lead protags, but I don't particularly care to see more female characters as dominant partners in romantic relationships because I'm just not a big romance genre fan anyway, what should I vote for?

edit: I voted yes anyway. whatever

I meant dominant in any way: romantic, sexual, or prowess, any way. I'll double check my original post to see if I clarified that.
Jan 10, 2019 9:16 PM

Aug 2018
simply yes, because it's very attractive, well in most cases :>
Jan 10, 2019 9:23 PM

Feb 2015
Nah. I don't watch romances, but when I do, I prefer a healthy balance.
Insert Text Here
Jan 12, 2019 11:45 PM

Jul 2014
I think in a long running Shonen series, it'd be nice to see. (Main character even.)

Think that's the case with The Promised Neverland though?
Jan 13, 2019 3:40 AM
Jul 2018
okay the femdom fetish grosses me out stop

I don't mind females who seem dominant but are actually softies in bed
but outright femdom is nasty I don't make the rules
Jan 13, 2019 3:42 AM

Apr 2017
HopefulNihilist said:

EDIT: I was referring to female characters who are dominant in ANY way: sexual, strength, lead role, etc.

Hell neh, I prefer sweet and pure girls.
Jan 13, 2019 3:44 AM

Apr 2017
Kuro_Neko04 said:
HopefulNihilist said:

Hell neh, I prefer sweet and pure girls.

WAIT WAIT WAIT.. Actually I really liked the relationship on Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai, it's very funny, and actually they are both doms, and fuck, Kaguya it's so sweet, I really loved her when she blushed;

So yeah, if it's something like that I'd appreciate some more femdom
Jan 13, 2019 5:06 AM
Mar 2017
Yes, as long as strong doesn't mean that they are super cold and have issues with showing their own emotions. That trope is over and done with ((:
Jan 13, 2019 6:19 AM
Nov 2018
Well, I don't really care about that.
But if that reduces the amount of tsundere bitches, I will support it.

"Self respect is the greatest gift we can give to our self"

Jan 13, 2019 6:46 AM

Feb 2018
More proactive female characters, would be an amazing change of pace, because they are often just addons, and submissive in romance anime.
Jan 13, 2019 12:37 PM

Mar 2017
It's disturbing though not really surprising how many sexist and even misogynist replies there are in this thread.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Beach episode, hot spring episode or pool episode?

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

19 by Paul »»
3 minutes ago

» What Will It Take for You to Quit Anime? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - Yesterday

52 by PlasticRobot »»
6 minutes ago

» Upcoming anime which might touch No.1 ranking on MAL (Prediction) ( 1 2 )

ZXEAN - Mar 27

51 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 3 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

116 by notPara »»
16 minutes ago

» when introducing yourself to someone new how likely is "I watch anime" to get them interested in you?

Coldsp33d - 8 hours ago

23 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
30 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.