Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 16, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Arima still hasn't lost his touch this season at all I see. What a badass.

Looks like the action came back this episode. Touka is also back as her usual self too and she even spoke to Kaneki. The episode really made a point to make Arima look like one of the strongest fighters in the franchise.

Don't mess with Arima.
Stark700Oct 16, 2018 8:34 AM
Oct 16, 2018 8:44 AM

Jun 2009
hmm finally it seems that we see more of urie and co net ep was about time

wasnt a bad fight this episode and an okay ep i guess overall still missing something about it

+dont like the op(ed either
Oct 16, 2018 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
Yeah, Arima is the biggest badass in this series.

So looks like they will show "skipped" arc in the next episode ;)
Oct 16, 2018 9:05 AM
Aug 2018
I'm sorry. This is actual dog shit.

Oct 16, 2018 9:11 AM

Jul 2012
The only thing i liked until now.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
Well, the action was pretty cool. That's not saying much, considering the fight scenes still aren't really anything to write home about, but it was decent. And it's nice to see Arima showcasing his abilities.

Side note, but I don't really like the TV version of the OP. The full song is great, and after listening to it repeatedly for the last week, I just realized how weird this shortened version sounds. Instead of taking bits and pieces from different portions of the full song, they should have just used the first verse and first chorus (which was about 1 minute 45 seconds, so they could easily cut some parts from the first verse to get it down to 1 minute 30 seconds).
thebrentinator24Oct 16, 2018 9:21 AM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 16, 2018 9:23 AM

Nov 2016
Still super fast, yet a nice episode.

Mainly for Arima, but it was also cool to see Furuta getting serious.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 16, 2018 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The action was decent but again, very fast. Way too much happened in this episode.

And I also feel that the OP's full song is brilliant, but does not work anywhere near as well with the TV sized version.
Oct 16, 2018 9:28 AM
Aug 2018
The more I watch this the more I'm starting to like Root A more.
Holy shit this is just soulless and terribly directed/animated/paced.
Oct 16, 2018 9:30 AM
Mar 2011
I actually like the two episodes so far quite a bit compared to the first re: season. Too many manga fans though complaining about the pace though when the 2nd part of the manga this is adapting from really went downhill any way.
My Karma ran over your Dogma
Oct 16, 2018 9:35 AM
Oct 2018
Imo this episode is suck compared to other episode.
it feels like the studio forced many chapter into 1 episode and it's bad.
the animation is very bad, like the animator halfheartedly to do it.
Oct 16, 2018 9:36 AM

Aug 2016
Hm actually a bit pleasantly surprised, for Pierrot standards this episode was somewhat decent (sadly that still means it's not very good)...animation was not as good as these scenes deserved but more or less acceptable (I've learned to not expext more than this from this adaption)... still seemed quite fast paced tho, the directing in general could really use some work but I'm not getting my hopes up on that.
Oct 16, 2018 9:38 AM
Jul 2017
i guess everyone is feeling suicidal, even Arima, i wont blame him tho.
i suck
Oct 16, 2018 9:53 AM

Sep 2014
Srsly, this adaptation is beyond trash lmao. And they also removed Kaneki's sound distraction. smh. At least the Nimudash and Super Peace were there. The subs translated "Nimudash" to "Dashing away from my past" for whatever reason, but guess a trash anime deserves a trash translation so nobody knows what's going on ;D
Oct 16, 2018 9:57 AM
Oct 2018
Yo... That episode was actually really good, right? I'm not tripping or anything am I... After that first ep I had no hope but what the hell... Not to mention the preview makes it seem like they're doing the best Rushima bits and the Tooru bits... If meh animation is the only issue going forward this might not be such a big mess afterall.
Oct 16, 2018 10:08 AM

Dec 2011
holy fuck what a mess, i read the manga way back when this shit was still being published weekly , and i have forgotten basically almost everything lol...... can someone plz tell me why arima did a 180 and offed himself?
Oct 16, 2018 10:12 AM

Feb 2018
what a crazy episode!!!
the lil interaction between touka and ken for SOOO LONG WOOOOO

and then hinami getting her cheeks pinched by touka kawaii
<3333

eto lost her fight?!!!! she looks so crazy too ....
i guess rise kagune is just too overpowered

op is good

where is my tooruuuu trap

just a great episode i hope they can keep this pacing up

edit for someone who's seen anime only : some parts can get confusing big time but nevertheless i am still enjoying it quite a bit.
but i do intend to read the manga after this is done airing like i always do.
Qio420Oct 16, 2018 12:50 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 16, 2018 10:26 AM

Feb 2013
Badass Kaneki is finally back!
Damn, it's a pity Arima had to do that in the end, Kaneki made a mistake when he refused to kill him.
The biggest troll is starting to show his true colors.
Oct 16, 2018 10:35 AM
Mar 2018
At least girls in this anime look really beautiful
Oct 16, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2015
Only watched this week to see how they'd handle Kaneki vs Arima and I have several things to say...

>Episode scoffs over Kaneki being suicidal plot point within minutes.

>Episode censors the hell out of Kaneki's beatdown.

>Episode skips over Arima's "weakness" being his eye and why Kaneki even won in the first place(using sound from his Eto amped Kagune as a distraction).

>A dozen chapters condensed in a single episode with lackluster art/animation/storyboarding. Only reason I watched was because I loved Tokyo Ghoul and this was supposed to be the highlight of the series'... Dropped :P

Oct 16, 2018 10:41 AM

Aug 2016
This adaptation is terrible, it's like watching a clip show on 10x speed.
How the manga-ka allowed this POS adaptation I really don't know.
I know the joke is Tokyo Ghoul Re:ad the manga, but they've taken it from a joke to the only option.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Oct 16, 2018 10:45 AM

Jul 2017
Holy shit they really butchered Kaneki coming to the rescue for Touka and co. it looks so lame.

And by god, the Ken - Arima fight was horrendously done. Sasuga Pierrot ruining pretty much the last of the best arcs

On a more positive side props to Furuta's VA, I think he's doing a pretty good job

ColdCase said:
holy fuck what a mess, i read the manga way back when this shit was still being published weekly , and i have forgotten basically almost everything lol...... can someone plz tell me why arima did a 180 and offed himself?

Short_CircutOct 16, 2018 5:33 PM
Oct 16, 2018 11:01 AM
Sep 2016
too rushed. Didn't like it at all
Oct 16, 2018 11:17 AM

Dec 2017
i watched this shit at 2x speed and still not satisfied. studio clown could've increased the pace a little bit, seems a bit too slow for me
Oct 16, 2018 11:28 AM
Oct 2018
Talk no jutsu always save the day
Oct 16, 2018 11:39 AM
Aug 2018
ColdCase said:

Spoiler so dont read if you do not want to be spoiled. **********

Remember he and Eto already planned this out. Arima is the actual One eyed King. His purpose was to die to the ghoul who will be looked as the savior of all ghouls (in this case Kaneki). So in the battle, Kaneki was supposed to kill him for this plan to work. However, Kneki could not because of his affection and relationship that he developed with Arima. That is why when Arima found out Kaneki has no intention of killing him, Arima killed himself and made it seem as Kaneki was the one who killed Arima.

Oct 16, 2018 11:39 AM

Jun 2017
YIKES.
Kaneki's awakening was super fucking lame, the fight looks like a slide show and it also was heavily censorded and rushed.

I am sorry for everyone who has not read the manga.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Oct 16, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2013
it sucks and 2 rushed
Oct 16, 2018 11:53 AM
Sep 2017
I want to like it but i just can't. I haven't read the manga yet this feels so rushed. What happened here should have easily been between 2 and 3 episodes. This anime has so much potential but they keep screwing it up. It's like they think nobody watches it and they just want to be done with it. It's just sad how mocking it. I had my hopes up but in the end i guess i'll have to read the manga.
Oct 16, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2014
This is a complete disaster, even for someone like me who hasn't read the source material. Rushed, soulless and just plain terrible all around. How was this allowed to happen?
Oct 16, 2018 12:00 PM
Sep 2014
I know manga readers are not happy but I thought this was a good episode. Action all around and it was engaging. I liked it. It was rushed but it flowed. Cant wait for the next episode and damn I want to know whats so special about rize kagune later on.
Oct 16, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2017
man wasn’t that wild. but hide content was given so i cant really complain. god i missed him
Oct 16, 2018 12:18 PM

Feb 2017
BAD direction, execution, & animation... to much still frames shaking....
I know pierrot is doing Black Clover & Boruto at the same time but... why did they thought that adding TG to the list of animes being animated at the same was a good idea?
Oct 16, 2018 12:19 PM

Sep 2017
I wouldn't have exspected thsi outcome. Arime just cut his own throat after the fight...
How the f*** is that happening?!

Oct 16, 2018 12:22 PM

Jul 2015
Whats going on? the animation is trash, the direction is trash and the ART is the worst!
This is not our Tokyo ghoul anymore! how? why such low quality!?!

Although since im the anime only the ending was kind of cool and i want to know more but its the story that is shining the anime is just bad :(
Oct 16, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2013
Checked the transformation scene and I am so disappointed..... They cut out the best panels from the manga and they skipped important dialogue... Guess it's time to give up and wait for that reboot hmm..?
Oct 16, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2018
Manga readers after this episode

Oct 16, 2018 12:27 PM
Feb 2018
Did Arima really killed himself?? wtf
Oct 16, 2018 12:27 PM

Dec 2011
enibashy said:
ColdCase said:

Spoiler so dont read if you do not want to be spoiled. **********

Remember he and Eto already planned this out. Arima is the actual One eyed King. His purpose was to die to the ghoul who will be looked as the savior of all ghouls (in this case Kaneki). So in the battle, Kaneki was supposed to kill him for this plan to work. However, Kneki could not because of his affection and relationship that he developed with Arima. That is why when Arima found out Kaneki has no intention of killing him, Arima killed himself and made it seem as Kaneki was the one who killed Arima.

hmm nice i think i remember now, thanks :D
Oct 16, 2018 12:39 PM

Mar 2016
I had been looking forward to see the black reaper, and they cut out most of his scenes. Now, he is gone! Did anyone even get the chance to realise that Kaneki vs Arima was a fight between the white and black reapers?

The conversation between Kaneki and Hide had made me extremely emotional in the manga. I had re-read the scene multiple times. They ruined that scene too. Kaneki was supposed to look like a mess when he talked to Hide, but here he looks so clean and proper. The voice actors did an amazing job with the scene. They were better than I'd expected, but the artists were too lazy.

Why are Kaneki's severed limbs steaming? He isn't a titan! He was supposed to bleed.

Kaneki's limbs got healed quite soon. I can ignore that change, though it would have been nice too see him struggle to stick his limbs back.

Next episode, they're going to show some of the things that they have already spoiled in episode one. They could've just adapted it properly, and continued where the previous season had left off.

The revelation of the kings would've been a great way to end the season, but it looks like it would be over by the next episode.

The best parts about this episode were the voice acting and the music.
Oct 16, 2018 12:49 PM

Apr 2015
So Arima took his own life after he realised he lost? Certainly didn't expect that. Pacing seems really fast and the action was just lackluster. It's getting to the point where I am just going to watch to see where this is going to end.

And well, the girls... we can't forget our precious girls!
Oct 16, 2018 12:55 PM

May 2015
Fucking hell, it gets worse... This was literally the best the second part of the manga had to offer and that's what we get. Can anyone honestly say that they felt any weight behind the events of that episode?
Oct 16, 2018 1:03 PM

May 2015
I'm not even a manga reader and I can tell this is rushed as hell.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 16, 2018 1:07 PM

Jun 2017
Not even surprised at Arima, I'd kill myself too if I had to be in this trainwreck of a season.
Oct 16, 2018 1:17 PM

Dec 2017
I am a manga reader and I don't think it was that bad. Well, it wasn't good either. I'm already used to Tokyo Ghoul rushing through the episodes, so that wasn't very new. But I think even the Arima fight alone should at least take 3 episodes, not to mention all stuff that happened before the fight in this episode...

Yeah, I guess it's just the Tokyo Ghoul anime being the Tokyo Ghoul anime. I already thought that the very first season was rushed as hell and TG:re makes it worse.
Oct 16, 2018 1:24 PM

Jun 2009
Alright I'm done, first anime I've dropped so soon in a long long time
Oct 16, 2018 1:28 PM

Dec 2013
lol what a mess this is
Oct 16, 2018 1:56 PM
Jul 2018
Am very confused and disappointed. The first season of Tokyo Ghoul got me back into anime after a long hiatus. I could tolerate root a and didn't think it was that bad.
...this..
...this is absolute garbage...
Am tempted to drop, but am committed to completion. Will definitely be checking out the manga in the future.

The last 2 episodes were devoid of everything I love about the series.
Oct 16, 2018 2:04 PM

Jan 2016
Hmmm, this episode had a bit more positives.

Pros:

Furuta was funny
A bit more consistent art, in comparison to the previous season
Touka telling Kaneki "see you later" was beautiful
I was good to see weak Kaneki back when he was crying, haven't seen that Kaneki in awhile and the voice acting added to the overall experience.

Cons:

Everything that I said was good but had potential to be great, why wasn't? Because the pacing is still horrendous.
The fights were lacking good choreography which made them bland in the end.
They did Arima and Renji dirty in this adaptation as a whole. Renji in season 1 was cool but lacked depth, which was given to him in RE but of course, they had to butcher it with a flashback that barely lasted a minute.
Same with Arima. Anime Arima is such a lackluster character that he isn't even badass anymore, wtf

Also, the manga panels in which Eto is chasing Furuta have some of the most terrifying and gorgeous art in the entire manga, and OF COURSE studio clown didn't deliver.

Oct 16, 2018 2:22 PM

Jul 2013
I guess Arima was so OP that the only way of getting rid of him was making him commit suicide...
Also Furuta is hard to take seriously, like, he acts like a complete fool. That wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing if they would make his scenes more natural instead of rush the hell of them. At least he's not as ridiculous as Tsukiyama... for the moment.

The rush was beyond real too, but I'm not surprised at all.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Guys are we getting Tokyo Ghoul Brotherhood?

SlimeLordOfRats - Mar 6

23 by shmoomp »»
Apr 21, 1:09 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

96 by RapidPhantom »»
Mar 14, 9:59 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

57 by ocrlh_ »»
Jan 20, 10:50 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

201 by Cross___ »»
Dec 12, 2023 2:55 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul re: S2 below 6.50

TakaCode - Nov 15, 2018

37 by Tanishqnigam17 »»
Nov 14, 2023 10:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.