Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2018 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So the Phantom Thieves are going after Haru Okumura now...interesting.

The episode honestly felt silly imo especially the first half with the "beauty thief" stuff. However, the episode did to grab more of my attention as the Phantom Thieves dealt with with Okamura's situation and Sugimura.

It's a tough world and honestly, Okumura is lucky to be found by the Phantom Thieves.
Aug 18, 2018 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
It seems like cat is working with the lady appeared at the end of last ep.

The group went into the world alone. Robots working...

They met the two. Lack of cooperation. The cat is still mad at them.

Student council girl knows who that lady is. She is daughter of the business man in target. She accidentally followed the cat and became one.

She was appointed a marriage to save his company.

Son of politician not treating her nicely.

Helping the cat doesn't help. The lady helped out in speaking out truth. The cat just wanted purpose to exist. She also said her truth about her fiance.

So she's officially one (I know she's when she's duo w. the cat, but she's in ED w. everyone else)? She's forced to live with her "kimoi" fiance, though.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Aug 18, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
"Pussy and the cat is here"

Also dude! You can build an airport on that forehead lol.
Aug 18, 2018 11:22 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Despite Ryuji's attitude its funny seeing him being called out. The little comedy act between Beauty thief and Mona sure was hillarious. So Haru's motivation for being a thief is to find the true thoughts of her father huh. Ryuji sure shot himself in the foot with is apology attempt. But Haru herself sure is sharp being able to see past Mona's lies. Its nice seeing Mona and the team make up by revealing their own fears and goals. Looks like the ice is starting to break between Haru and the team as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2018 11:37 AM

Jul 2017
Not a bad episode. I loved that absolutely cringey introduction of the 'Beauty Thief'. I died of laughter when I saw this from the game, and it was funny here too.
Aug 18, 2018 1:24 PM

Jun 2017
Will they even have enough episodes to cover the entire story at this point? Or will there be a season 2/ more than 24 episodes?
Signature.
Aug 18, 2018 1:46 PM

Jun 2014
This whole situation with Mona didn't last as long as I thought it would. I think that's good, as a subplot like this could get frustrating to watch if it was dragged too much.

Aleph199X said:
Will they even have enough episodes to cover the entire story at this point? Or will there be a season 2/ more than 24 episodes?

Well here on MAL there's a question mark where the total number of episodes should be. It used to say '24' there, so maybe there will be more than 24 episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 18, 2018 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
This episode was really good, even the animation was better than usual. The Beauty Thief's entrance was so funny and great, it made me laugh quite a bit, just like in the game. The stuff with Morgana was also beautifully settled.

Okumura was still as despicable as ever though, using his own daughter as a bargaining chip is so low that words can't describe it. Sugimura was pretty disgusting too, treating her as an object and kicking Mona like that, it still makes me furious, even though this is like the third time I'm seeing it, I just can't stand it. I'm glad Haru is no longer by herself, even though things are going to get rough now.
Aug 18, 2018 2:07 PM

Dec 2016
tsubasalover said:

She was appointed a marriage to save his company.

The marriage is not to save his company but rather to have more power / connection / foothold in the political world, since the fiance is a son of some famous / big politician. Since Kunikazu Okumura is aiming to enter political stage now.

More info:
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Okumura%27s_Palace

------

Kinda worry about the rest of the story, since some site listed this as 26 Eps. only. Either they rush the hell out of it or added some OVA to cover the rest of the story. Hope they choose the OVA one, since there are still quite long story to cover from here on out.
HiddenArmyAug 18, 2018 2:14 PM
Aug 18, 2018 2:10 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, glad they wrapped up the Mona Ryuji subplot quick. I might call out this subplot as the worst part of the game but the end result of this subplot a.k.a Mona finally being honest with himself and saying he wants to stay with the Phantom Thieves forever is a really heartfelt scene. :)

Mona and Haru's skit was absolutely hilarious.
Aug 18, 2018 3:16 PM

Apr 2013
I enjoyed the episode a lot. Was nice to see how they handled Morgana reconciliation with the group and adding Haru.

Aleph199X said:

Has to be more than 24 episodes mentioned because still so much more to do.
Aug 18, 2018 4:45 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Pretty good episode. I like how the team reassures Morgana that he isn't useless and now they essentially have Haru to be a part of team.

am looking forward to the next ep.
Aug 18, 2018 7:34 PM

Aug 2017
Morgana arc was handled better than the game, at least in my opinion. Haru joins! 3/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 19, 2018 2:13 AM

Jan 2015
I didn’t hate this episode... But, I haven’t really been buying Morgana’s whole self conscious complex, over the last couple of episodes. I mean, where did it come from, all of a sudden? Why didn’t we see any such concerns from the beginning? He has been incredibly forthright and courageous, all the way back to the first episode. Only now he’s suddenly unsure of his role and his abilities? He can transform into a truck, and has been singularly responsible for helping the Thieves escape danger!

Well, whatever... The addition of the ‘Beauty Thief’ was ridiculously handled. By which I mean to say, it was so over the top that I didn’t find it especially funny. And that, coinciding with Mona’s suddenly having seemingly turned against our main crew, just kind of annoyed me, overall. And everything else in the episode felt either resolved way too quickly, or not at all, like a bum-rush.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 19, 2018 4:15 AM

Feb 2014
I really enjoyed this episode more than I thought it would. The animation and art quality was miles better than last week and was consistent throughout the whole episode too.

This mini-arc for Morgana wasn't the strongest point in the game version, but it was still pretty good overall. However, I think the anime handled it better than the game, to be honest. The plus points were Haru's main introduction to the Phantom Thieves ending up as a car-crash that had me laughing more than the game's version of the same scene. Same goes for Morgana's many expressions in this episode too.

The resolution at the end felt heart-warming and wrapped up the episode nicely. Of course, Haru's fiance is one absolute prick that I want to punch in the face for his treatment of Haru and Morgana. >_<
Aug 19, 2018 10:46 AM

Jul 2012
Okay i liked this better than the game, i think Haru's part was very rushed in the game and this beginning part was handled better. And the animation was finally pretty good/decent (quite surprising at this point).
Aug 20, 2018 1:18 PM

Mar 2015
sXeblues said:
I didn’t hate this episode... But, I haven’t really been buying Morgana’s whole self conscious complex, over the last couple of episodes. I mean, where did it come from, all of a sudden? Why didn’t we see any such concerns from the beginning? He has been incredibly forthright and courageous, all the way back to the first episode. Only now he’s suddenly unsure of his role and his abilities? He can transform into a truck, and has been singularly responsible for helping the Thieves escape danger!

In game it mostly build up from a moments, when Makoto and Futaba are joining into party. They are more knowledgeable about how Metaverse is working, and Morgana is often trolled by Ryuuji, that he only can drive them in Mementos, while have no knowledge how does Metaverse work and how overall smarter the new members are.
And like how everyone said already, drama with Morgana felt useless and forced in the game, and in anime they're make it less annoying.
Aug 20, 2018 11:04 PM

Jan 2015
Tlahuizcapante said:
In game it mostly build up from a moments, when Makoto and Futaba are joining into party. They are more knowledgeable about how Metaverse is working, and Morgana is often trolled by Ryuuji, that he only can drive them in Mementos, while have no knowledge how does Metaverse work and how overall smarter the new members are.
And like how everyone said already, drama with Morgana felt useless and forced in the game, and in anime they're make it less annoying.

That’s interesting... Thanks for the insights. Although, to me, it’s still pretty annoying, even in the anime.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
Aug 21, 2018 7:43 AM

Jan 2018
The cringe from the introduction I'm glad that they didn't drag this any more
Aug 21, 2018 4:12 PM

Mar 2014
This was probably the best episode so far. Then again it's what the #bestgrill in P5 deserves
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 21, 2018 9:12 PM

Oct 2008
Phantom Thieves is increasing in numbers!
Another chic added: Beauty Thief Okumura Haru!
Mona is NOT useless!
4/5.

next ep: Haru will rebel!

Aug 23, 2018 11:37 AM

May 2016
Probably am the only one who likes Morgana... mainly enjoyed it because of him.
Aug 23, 2018 11:50 PM

Apr 2018
Hope that people are just exagerating when they say that they died of laugher because of the comedic introduction
Aug 24, 2018 11:41 AM

May 2018
Haru doesn't need to become a Phantom Thief to find out what her father's true heart is. It's as plain as day that he doesn't give a shit about her. All he cares about is his company and politics. So much so that he's basically whored his daughter out to an abusive ass just because he comes from a political family.

Glad Morgana's temper tantrum is over. He's my least favorite character.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Oct 10, 2019 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Haru makes her official debut!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 2, 2020 8:28 AM

Jul 2015
Hold on Mona I thought you were going to do things on your own, smh can't even infiltrate the 'small fry' palace without some help can ya? Sugimura kid really is a scumbag for wanting to control Haru but also beating up Morgana, he really should have fought someone of equal standing like a rat or something.

Apr 23, 2023 4:37 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
At least Morgana's issue has been fixed and now it's time to help Haru

More topics from this board

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2018

143 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 15, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 8, 2018

40 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:37 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 22 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2018

32 by ArctiKFox »»
Apr 14, 11:14 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 13 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

6 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 21, 10:27 PM

Poll: » Persona 5 the Animation Episode 12 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

4 by ArctiKFox »»
Feb 16, 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.