Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 4, 2018 3:39 PM

Sep 2015
Man Arbalest got destroyed just like that it hurt my heart :(

Everyone who skip Fumoffu won't understand with what they talking about.
Into the Internet!
May 4, 2018 3:50 PM

Sep 2016
Oh wow this is the first time we see Wraith, her real body and shes looks hot.

Tomokazu Seki is killing it with his performance after so many years, his despair omg i teared up. Fuck Leonard dammit

RIP Arbelest and AI
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
May 4, 2018 3:51 PM
Sep 2011
To those who have spoke their opinion about differences with the other media of FMP, I think the light novel, the manga, and this anime adaptation has their own strong points and weak points as well. It's nearly impossible to adapt the original story from one to another completely, e.g the detail of story in L.N., the still images from manga, and the VA intensity from anime, those are user experiences which are "unique" on their own.

As I suspected, Chidori involvement in the rescue plan is necessary because she's known as "girl of action" in the anime-series, also to highlight her whisper's capability (which also quite important in the next arc). Leonard really has shown his "yandere's" side, and the mechas fight and CGI is significantly better than previous episodes.

Overall I'm impressed with this episode, so I'll give it 9/10.
Next episode's title is a tribute to Guns N' Roses: Welcome To The Jungle!
May 4, 2018 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
GundamSoul said:

Yeah. Those sound like improvements to me. Which makes sense since the writer of the LN is working on the series.

To me it's watered down. Tessa is one of my favorite characters from the series and her being played down in this episode really annoyed me. And I can't see the reason why they would let Kaname have the spotlight when it comes to strategy instead of Sousuke.
Doesn't matter that Shouji Gatou is involved. His original work packed more of a punch and had more grit. The previous episodes did a really good job though, so i hope this one's just an exception. ^^
May 4, 2018 4:07 PM

Jun 2017
This new season is really going strong so far. Can't wait for more.
May 4, 2018 4:25 PM

Jan 2011
vanetz said:
I love the fact that Sousuke's shenanigans during that year taught the whole school how to evacuate a building in record time :)

Laughed at that bit, the second sousuke is mentioned everyone is OUT

this episode is my favourite so far really intense I liked that brief mech brawl. So excited for the rest of this season

May 4, 2018 6:49 PM

Feb 2016
Finally some mech battle, some good action. And off you go, Chidori, never liked you. Your character build is like uninvited guest with super power.

Melissa looks like Major's sister.

It is kinda bummer to have only 12 episodes.
May 4, 2018 7:53 PM

Oct 2017
This was a good-ass episode, I've been waiting so long for everyone to find out about Sousuke's true identity, and this definitely did not disappoint.
May 4, 2018 8:30 PM

Jan 2008
I bet if only the fire alarm went off, the students are gonna be like "eh, just a fire drill"...
PA: "It's Sagara." *Everyone gets up*

Wraith disguised as a teacher Eri Kagurazaka really threw me for a loop. I thought the teacher turned into a badass all of a sudden. Would have been funny if the teacher and Wraith were the same person the whole time.
May 5, 2018 12:38 AM

May 2015
There are birds sitting on the Arbalest...

Lots of action again this episode. The Arbalest got shot to bits, and now Chidori's been captured by Leonard. Tomokazu's voice really shined here.

The sub going ramming speed against the Behemoth comboed into a headshot was clutch.

So Sagara reveals his identity to his classmates and "expels" himself from the school. With the captain and Mithril successfully escaping the base and Sagara on his way to save Chidori, it looks like the next episode is where the real story begins.
May 5, 2018 12:54 AM

May 2016
LOVED this episode 5/5

I was so surprised to see what happened to Kyouko when she got injured and liked Sousuke's reaction .. he was so mad ^^

And the goodbye scene between Chidori and Sousuke was so emotional T^T

Can't wait for more
May 5, 2018 2:33 AM

Jul 2012
Wow that was amazing i'm so impressed. So much action and the animation was really good. Sagara going mad and destroying those mehcs. For the story nothing unexpected, but that's not a bad thing and feels like it's coming to an end which i'm only down, always wanted to see the conclusion (and mb the confession). Tessa's resolution as strong as always.
May 5, 2018 5:29 AM

Feb 2008
"Six o'clock, range zero" is something that I would never like to hear in combat...

It got particularly intense this week. The overwhelming power of Belial and Arbalest's demise, de Danaan's escape, CQC firefights, there was definitely something for everyone. Amalgam's failure to understand the concept of collateral damage also became brutally apparent.

Nevertheless, this is where the fun truly begins. Or drama. I loved Sagara's astute declaration.
May 5, 2018 6:10 AM

Nov 2007
Arbalest in action with those three enemies are dem good. :D that flying saucer just got to me fast. hahahaha!

anyways, so sad that Kyouko got hurt and classmates blaming sousuke is sadder. But hell, they don't know anything of what's going given the Student Council's announcement. :(

Chidori adapting her Whispered abilities, dem. him talking to Leonard and Leonard being so affected with Chidori and Sousuke's relationship, waaaaa! there's sooo much to take and i gladly want to hug all of it. What am I saying? but dem. feeling is overwhelming that it's just so perfect. <3 I don't want this to end. >.<
May 5, 2018 7:42 AM

Sep 2015
This episode just reeked of awesomeness!
May 5, 2018 11:00 AM

Mar 2010
great episode but was disappointed on how easily he took down Arbalest and crushed it to smithereens
May 5, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2012
The mecha physics seem all over the place and very inconsistent. They're sometimes way too floaty and other times grounded and heavy. Make up your mind Xebec.

The action is once again derailed by the distractingly poor CG. Thank god the story is at least remaining interesting or else I would have given up on this by now. Hopefully after this season is up they'll pass it on to another studio. FMP deserves better than this.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
May 5, 2018 10:49 PM
Jan 2009
I love this episode. By far the best episode. I loved that this episode was more about the main characters then the side characters. Great episode.
May 5, 2018 11:10 PM

Apr 2009
"On my own"

It's still not letting up for me, I've loved every episode so far including this.

So the Mithril sword shattered after all from Amalgam's hammer blows... the survivors in the TDD can regroup but without the Arbalest they'd have no choice but to lie low for a while. I'd expect Sousuke to rendezvous with them sooner or later. I wonder what happened to the Arbalest's wreckage though, that thing still has extremely valuable technology in it.

During Sousuke's fight with the Codarls I thought the Lambda Driver was still involved (just minus visual cues) since the "cooling fins" of the Arbalest were out - I don't think those things come out when the Lambda Driver isn't in use. Also because both AS types have it and the Amalgam guys presumably always use it - we just don't get to see those force field-like effects because Lambda Driver-boosted attacks go through Lambda Driver "shields" like normal attacks (as seen in TSR). It's just less flashier now than the HK fight in TSR.

Damn, the OP (in previous eps) appears to be rather spoilerrific considering I saw the wrecked Arbalest in the episodes before this. I can hazard a guess on what's happening next just from the sequences contained in it...
May 5, 2018 11:36 PM
Nov 2010
animejas said:
This episode is the best episode I have seen in this entire season so far.

Everything was intense and felt very important. The action was also fantastic to witness.

Poor Sousuke. Can't wait to see him bring Chidori back somehow!

For me it felt the same. But damn it took 4 episodes to establish the premise of the season. It's a good premise though, totally looking forward to how it plays out.

Based off the episode title for 5, I'm wondering if he's going "Mission Impossible" and going off on his own to save Chidori. Will be pretty intersting as I always loved his CQC sequences.

That escape sequence was pretty awesome. I totally thought they were gonna blast Yang lol. For that Danaan vs Behemoth, it would've been so cool if instead of saying, fire all torpedoes and move to combat speed, something like, "
FIRE ALL FORWARD TORPEDOES WITH SAFETY FUSE DISABLED,
FULL SPEED AHEAD AND RAM THE BEHEMOTH.
EMERGENCY BLOW."

Then the whole bridge, not just the XO would be looking like her like- wtf are u crazy??? haha would've been awesome.

Other that- it felt weird that Al had a premonition...I wonder what if it was supposed to mean something deeper about Al rather than just a foreshadowing.
yngtadpoleMay 5, 2018 11:47 PM
May 6, 2018 5:30 AM
Dec 2013
LF2005 said:
great episode but was disappointed on how easily he took down Arbalest and crushed it to smithereens

I think that this will be a problem this season: they are rushing a lot on everything. In the novel the fight was longer and more intense than that, but I don't think they have the time to adapt everything.
May 6, 2018 7:47 AM

Oct 2008
For what it's worth, the robots themselves really look good, even in motion. However, I do agree that the physics are all over the place with regard to how quickly they move and how much weight they possess. They should not be able to leap off surfaces or land on surfaces with minimal damage.

Also, the destruction of the Arbalest was hardly as flashy or traumatic as it could have been, considering the fact that it used to be the most powerful AS in the series up to that point. The fact that no attention was called to the powerlessness of the Arbalest's Lambda Driver was really unfortunate. However, I understand that they wanted to put more tension into the relationships between the characters in the scene, so they do still have that going for it.

Moral of the story, you have to be really, really on top of your game when you use CGI. Unlike limited animation where you can still use a ton of cost-saving techniques and still make the fights look amazing, by making the mechs even more realistic, everything from the physics need to be top-notch in order to maintain that suspension of disbelief...

Also, there really is something different about the directing when it comes to the use of CGI. Like none of the fights with CGI mecha ever make the blood pump as much as 2D mecha fights.
May 6, 2018 9:22 AM
Oct 2013
Couldn't care less about the changes, I'm just happy that they continued this amazing story. Finished the LN over 4 years ago, and I've been dying to see this ep since it was one of my favourite moments in the series along with what's about to come in a few episodes
May 7, 2018 6:16 AM

Oct 2008
Intense episode! that's all i can say!
too bad Chidori was taken...
5/5.

May 8, 2018 3:41 PM
Aug 2010
Pit93 said:
3/5 it was ok.

Sadly compared to the last 3 episodes even more of the Novel was omitted. Also the plan that Sousuke used to free the school was actually his own in the Novel and he had to taze and sedate Kaname to get her out of the picture because she wanted to sacrifice herself right from the start. I don't like the extremely fast pacing. Would've liked to see some more of Tessa's awesomeness but oh well...

Otherwise it was good.

Huh...glad they altered it then...while understandable, Chidori constantly whining irrationally would kill the intensity that the show is gearing up. I like that she was shown to be capable of using some of her capacoty as a Whispered and not just a princess to be protected. They've shown her fear and reservations, but also an ability to calm herself and think rationally...it makes her a much more likable character, I would argue more so than the Chidori we've previously seen.
JaskuraLunarisMay 8, 2018 3:51 PM
May 8, 2018 8:02 PM
Apr 2018
Great episode. Sousuke got his ass handed to him by Leonard although that little rant of leonard shows that he's just a jealous little bitch. Got a question though did Sousuke use the lambda driver o I just didn't notice it?
May 9, 2018 6:02 AM

Apr 2016
mistressjaskra said:

Huh...glad they altered it then...while understandable, Chidori constantly whining irrationally would kill the intensity that the show is gearing up.

So not wanting to risk the lifes of the students in her school and especially the life of her best friend who is strapped to a bomb is "irrational whining" now? XD

mistressjaskra said:

I like that she was shown to be capable of using some of her capacoty as a Whispered and not just a princess to be protected. They've shown her fear and reservations, but also an ability to calm herself and think rationally...it makes her a much more likable character, I would argue more so than the Chidori we've previously seen.

Problem is it doesn't fit with her coming character arc which is all about being resigning herself to her fate and not doing ANYTHING to oppose it for quite some time. This development that she showed right now is supposed to come at a much later time, so unless they change major parts of her upcoming development, this just won't fit. I agree, i like her more after she overcomes her inability to act but it's not really natural to have this development right before the one where she's supposed to have completely given up, only to get back to the way she is right now.

We'll have to wait and see.
May 9, 2018 8:43 PM
Aug 2010
[/quote]
So not wanting to risk the lifes of the students in her school and especially the life of her best friend who is strapped to a bomb is "irrational whining" now? XD
[/quote]
Pit93 said:
mistressjaskra said:

Huh...glad they altered it then...while understandable, Chidori constantly whining irrationally would kill the intensity that the show is gearing up.

mistressjaskra said:

I like that she was shown to be capable of using some of her capacoty as a Whispered and not just a princess to be protected. They've shown her fear and reservations, but also an ability to calm herself and think rationally...it makes her a much more likable character, I would argue more so than the Chidori we've previously seen.

Problem is it doesn't fit with her coming character arc which is all about being resigning herself to her fate and not doing ANYTHING to oppose it for quite some time. This development that she showed right now is supposed to come at a much later time, so unless they change major parts of her upcoming development, this just won't fit. I agree, i like her more after she overcomes her inability to act but it's not really natural to have this development right before the one where she's supposed to have completely given up, only to get back to the way she is right now.

We'll have to wait and see.

I should have been more specific I guess? O_o Though I meant exactly what I said, irrational whining. As in crying hysterically and completely losing her shit. She's a civilain, but also a Whispered and has been exposed to dangerous situations several times already. I wouldn't be able to buy into her completely falling apart at this point. And she didn't; she was obviously and understandably upset about involving others, especially those she cares for, but she still kept pushing forward. I thought that was great character development. I'm going to guess that the advancement of her maturing will probably be sped up based on what you said and how this episode was executed...stands to reason that they'd do so in an anime adaptation especially if it's only 12 episodes.
May 9, 2018 11:41 PM

Oct 2012
I am just loving the tone of this season.
Every episode does a good job conveying it, too.
May 11, 2018 12:03 AM
Sep 2017
Such an intense episode. Chidori noooo!!! My wifu. Does that count as NTR or nahh??

May 13, 2018 9:38 PM

Jan 2010
Feels like Second Raid all over again; getting too serious and using recycled, predictable and cliched shounen material.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
May 16, 2018 5:39 PM
Aug 2015
Led_Wayline said:
"Six o'clock, range zero" is something that I would never like to hear in combat...

On the plus side, you shouldn't have to worry about it long.
May 17, 2018 7:12 PM

Mar 2009
I don't even remember Wraith. Who are they?
May 17, 2018 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
It would take a very brave and careful director to fit into the shoes of the original series, and avoid the Tessa trap of trying to make that shallow minx into anything of value......and to make the stupid soldier boy wake up and grow up and use his darn brain.

I fear that wont happen in this denatured and diluted modern realm of third generation anime. The power and strength of the original art style i fear will be lost as well, which gave the original some of its crude charm. Kaname well she is a minefield waiting to be detonated by poor follow up and imitation like happened to Maken Ki and now High School DxD....a sad fat ...maybe they can pull the cat out of the hat but more likely will blow them both up.

:) still nice that they tried. the books are great if anyone reads them anymore.

May 21, 2018 8:50 AM
Aug 2017
Is this the death of Mythril?
The arbalest is 95% destroyed its core of its chassis is salvageable but everything else will have to be made from scratch. And I bet they’ll need chitdore to do it. The Arbalest and Tessa are the only things tying Sauske to Mythril, otherwise he is a total Merc. (On the surface at least) he better be able to turn the tide of war by end of season, if not then (aside from the fact that this is fiction) Mythril is Condemnd.
Tessa’s OMG he called me Tessa at the end of the seconds raid was great though.

Synopsis of Rant: This better not be the end of Mythril, there is too much character development that won’t fit into a single season (unless of course its 24 episodes)
Bring her home Souske, and slaughter that bastard without pity.
May 21, 2018 8:57 AM
Aug 2017
Long-Haired said:
Great episode. Sousuke got his ass handed to him by Leonard although that little rant of leonard shows that he's just a jealous little bitch. Got a question though did Sousuke use the lambda driver o I just didn't notice it?

No, he failed to activate it. If he had though, the resulting blast would have levels at least three square city blocks from the amount of rage that was still built up. I lost sleep because of this episode
May 21, 2018 9:15 AM
Aug 2017
Mormegil said:
I don't even remember Wraith. Who are they?

She is the woman in the spy suit (disguised as a man) in the second raid. Also she is Souskes homeroom teacher
May 27, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2016
I wasn't so sure I liked the CGI action scenes in this series up to this point. But this episode, it made me a believer. Very good episode too, and a good setup for the rest of this season.
May 27, 2018 4:28 PM
Jan 2016
The best episode of IV so far.
Awesome
Aug 8, 2018 9:33 AM

May 2012
Really lovely episode with some really intense and great development, that ending though! Let's see what will happen in the next episode!
Oct 6, 2018 2:37 PM

Feb 2012
I thought the enemy would start to notice Al because of the birds covering him.

So sad to see Kaname and Sousuke separate now.

Hope Kyoko makes it

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Oct 31, 2018 12:34 AM
Feb 2012
That. Was. Awesome. So intense...

Hope Chidori break Amalgam from the inside, so when Sagara reach their main base, it will be almost over...
Jan 5, 2019 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
Oh well, it was known that there would be bitterness to be sent down in these episodes. Damn they have taken Kaname but it does not end here, but what a fantastic episode, how many emotions.
Jan 15, 2019 4:20 AM

Jan 2013
I loved Wraith's part during this episode, well played ^^
Feb 1, 2019 9:15 AM

Sep 2014
So she turns herself in to save him. So cliche and predictable for this type of plot. Honestly I expected more from this anime.
Sep 7, 2019 12:39 AM

Jul 2015
Sagara went mad when Kyouko got hurt, too bad he lost against that last guy

Apr 3, 2020 3:12 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Damn, I hate Leonard, I hope Sousuke will save Chidori soon
Apr 18, 2020 9:03 AM

Dec 2014
the season is just so epic..gets more and more intense by a seocnd
Jun 12, 2021 7:05 PM

Nov 2010
Leonard's AS looks so bad ass and it also looks like he has a more powerful lambda driver too.
Nov 9, 2021 1:27 PM

May 2008
vanetz said:
I love the fact that Sousuke's shenanigans during that year taught the whole school how to evacuate a building in record time :)

That was hilarious, when the alarm went off and Atsunobu Hayashimizu said that it was because of Souske, everyone knew it was time to get out ASAP.

Great episode, they're really going all out on this one!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pick the best girl!

bisikerim - May 27, 2018

8 by EvilGrin »»
Mar 11, 6:01 PM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

allenjke - Aug 8, 2018

72 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 17, 7:54 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 8 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

35 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Feb 16, 7:12 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 11 Discussion

10 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory Episode 10 Discussion

12 by Comander-07 »»
Jan 8, 7:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.