Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2018 10:58 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Miura still trolling us....even after 16 years on the god damned boat :/
Apr 24, 2018 12:44 PM

Jan 2017

FUCKING HELL.

F U C K I N G H E L L.
KannoSugakoApr 24, 2018 12:55 PM
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Apr 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Jun 2009
Even trolls appeared in the chapter.

We wanted Casca but we got Griffith...
Apr 24, 2018 1:06 PM

May 2013
That sure was unexpected, hopefully Miura know what he is doing.

Apr 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2017
Really Miura?
He really wants us to suffer lmfao.. as if we already haven’t for so long
Apr 24, 2018 1:45 PM

Apr 2017
Well, we expected a hiatus at first but we got a chapter instead. That's cool at least. Hopefully the focus will shift back to Casca and the rest soon.
Apr 24, 2018 1:59 PM

Jun 2017
I almost feel like giving us this chapter was even more cruel than going on hiatus, haha. Epic trolling indeed.

One thing that did stand out to me, though, it seems like Griffith is just openly allying with monsters now? I always got the impression that he tried to hide the fact that his army was made up of Apostles. I don't have time to look it up now, but I remember the arena with Apostle fights was kind of a dirty secret in Falconia, and Mule was rather shocked when he first met Griffith's army. I guess not any more?
Apr 24, 2018 4:50 PM

Jul 2015
to think i was joking in berserk groups about how the new chapter would be about rickert (would be better than this shit)...
Apr 24, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2017
Lol, what a fucking troll. Lazy Miura strikes again, I'm currently doubting he even knows how to handle Guts and Casca's reunion..thats why he just shifted focus to Griffith & wasting time here until there is a hiatus
Apr 24, 2018 5:48 PM

Dec 2015
God dammit Miura...you just had to take us away from the important stuff. Anyway, a lot of 2-page spreads in this chapter, with great art as always. It seems like we won't go back to Casca for at least a few chapters, as the focus will stay on Griffith until the end of this battle, and maybe even more. I can already see a lot of people hating this chapter for changing the focus.
joe_g7Apr 24, 2018 5:54 PM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 24, 2018 5:52 PM

Dec 2015
LunaLena said:
One thing that did stand out to me, though, it seems like Griffith is just openly allying with monsters now? I always got the impression that he tried to hide the fact that his army was made up of Apostles. I don't have time to look it up now, but I remember the arena with Apostle fights was kind of a dirty secret in Falconia, and Mule was rather shocked when he first met Griffith's army. I guess not any more?
The arena was a place where no normal soldier went to, but there were a few battles in past chapters where Griffith openly used his apostle soldiers in front of regular humans. Also, when Rickert was going to Falconia in his carriage, the archer apostle was there to help and everyone acted like it was normal. Those are just a couple of cases I can recall.
Apr 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Sep 2015
FUCK NO, GRIFFITH IS ATTACKING ELF ISLAND!!!!!

LunaLena said:
I almost feel like giving us this chapter was even more cruel than going on hiatus, haha. Epic trolling indeed.

Well, he revealed the apostles during that whole tree of life ordeal a while back, I think he made that arena to have the apostles not trampling over the humans and making them feel secure.
Apr 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Aug 2016
Meh, great art, but lame chapter. needs more Puck
:v
Apr 24, 2018 6:22 PM

Sep 2015
I think I am actually sensing a darker plot-twist than we all anticipated. Something fishy is going on here, and I am not just talking Femto and his army of Apostles attacking at such a convenient time, rather, there are too many factors juggling itself right now for it to be played straight.

We have Sonia, Zodd, and Mule under Femto's command.

Zodd will probably have to confront Guts. Sonia will have to confront Shierke as per their prior meeting, and Mule is a wild card in all of this. Mule is somehow shocked at the fact that island is home to trolls! There's no way he is going to be played straight.

I forsee either one of the two conclusions to this arc:

1. (Really dark) Femto winds up invading and massacring the Elf Island and captures Casca after he/ Zodd has difficulties defeating Guts.

2. (Less dark, yet I buy this one more) Guts and the rest of his crew/ Elf Island escape Femto's raid, throwing him off completely. Maybe just the army dies and just maybeee the Elf Queen gets killed by Femto.
Apr 24, 2018 7:28 PM

Dec 2015
@Draconix814 I think you might be jumping the gun a bit. Griffith is not attacking the island...
Apr 24, 2018 7:30 PM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
@Draconix814 Why do you say that Griffith is attacking the elf island????

Isn't that what's going on, or am I misinterpreting something????
Apr 24, 2018 7:32 PM

Dec 2015
Draconix814 said:
joe_g7 said:
@Draconix814 Why do you say that Griffith is attacking the elf island????

You are misinterpreting things, my friend. There's no indication at all that Griffith is on the island. He's probably off somewhere else, fighting for his kingdom or whatever.
Apr 24, 2018 7:33 PM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
Draconix814 said:

You are misinterpreting things, my friend. There's no indication at all that Griffith is on the island. He's probably off somewhere else, fighting for his kingdom or whatever.

What about the trolls then??? Those are magical beings no? And what about this timing?
Apr 24, 2018 7:37 PM

Dec 2015
Draconix814 said:
What about the trolls then??? Those are magical beings no? And what about this timing?
You forget that after the World Spiral Tree sprung, the Astral and Physical worlds came together. So creatures like trolls, harpies, dragons etc. are basically everywhere now.
Apr 24, 2018 7:39 PM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
Draconix814 said:
You forget that after the World Spiral Tree sprung, the Astral and Physical worlds came together. So creatures like trolls, harpies, dragons etc. are basically everywhere now.

Guess that makes sense, but where would they possibly be attacking now? I get your point, just asking.
Apr 24, 2018 7:41 PM

Dec 2015
Draconix814 said:
Guess that makes sense, but where would they possibly be attacking now? I get your point, just asking.
I don't know. They could just be defending Falconia from a troll invasion. We'll have to wait and see.
Apr 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
Draconix814 said:
I don't know. They could just be defending Falconia from a troll invasion. We'll have to wait and see.

Well, thanks for pointing that out to me then.
Apr 24, 2018 8:32 PM

Feb 2014
Alex_HT said:
to think i was joking in berserk groups about how the new chapter would be about rickert (would be better than this shit)...
ya more Rickert RPG action pls lol screw Griffith

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Apr 24, 2018 9:10 PM

Dec 2013
Are you serious? Seems we are going to be waiting even longer for Casca’s return...
Apr 24, 2018 10:04 PM

Nov 2015
maaan what a cocktease :p
Thankfully, unlike a lot of other people I'm actually interested in Griffith's campaign. Let's see if this new troll king can match up to ganishka.
sugasweetnitmareApr 25, 2018 5:01 AM
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Apr 24, 2018 11:11 PM

Jul 2015
Do you guys think this is happening before, during, or after the potential timeskip?(because of time moving faster on Elf Island compared to everywhere else)
Sup...
Apr 25, 2018 4:07 AM

Mar 2018
I think the timeline could work either way? Maybe it's after Griffith's coronation or we're seeing just a side crusading mission. We'll see but Miura's storytelling has always worked for the best.
Apr 25, 2018 4:09 AM

Aug 2015
No one cares what faggith is doing, yeah we know he's fighting, great. Should have focused on the reunion or rickerts group instead.
Apr 25, 2018 5:03 AM

Apr 2017
Art aside, this chapter was random crap to say the least...seriously WTF? Sex with no climax
Apr 25, 2018 5:53 AM
Apr 2012
REEeEEEeEEeEee!!!!
Apr 25, 2018 9:21 AM

Aug 2015
HOLY SHIT! THE MADMAN DID IT!

Miura right now:
Apr 25, 2018 10:22 AM

Jun 2017
@Draconix814 and @joe_g7 - thanks for clearing that up for me! Wasn't sure if I'd have time to search through to confirm what I thought I remembered, so I appreciate the reminders.

Draconix814 said:

Zodd will probably have to confront Guts. Sonia will have to confront Shierke as per their prior meeting, and Mule is a wild card in all of this.

I disagree that Zodd will end up confronting Guts, I think Miura has clearly marked Skull Knight as Zodd's destined nemesis. :) So even if they were at Elfheim, I think it would be more likely that Skull Knight would show up again to face Zodd. As annoying as it is that Guts's group resembles a JRPG party, I think it's because Miura is deliberately setting up foils to Griffith/Femto: Guts=Griffith, Farnese=Charlotte, Schielke=Sonia, Skull Knight=Zodd, etc. Therefore I think it's quite possible that Isidro or Serpico will be Mule's foil - Isidro because he is Mule's polar opposite (street rat background with lack of formal training), or Serpico because he and Mule share a similar background but fight for opposite causes. If anyone's a wildcard, I think it's most likely to be Casca: she's the one who was always caught between Guts and Griffith, right from the beginning. I don't mean that I think Casca will join Griffith or she's still in love with him or anything, just that they have a long complicated history that can't be easily discounted.

Also, did I miss some indication that Griffith is repelling the troll army from Falconia? I mean, it's likely that that's the case, but I think there's also a possibility that he is the attacker, not the defender. I have a theory that Griffith, having obtained everything he wanted, is going to find that he's bored. I think he's going to realize that pursuing a dream is much more interesting than achieving it, and like Alexander the Great, "he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." So perhaps Griffith is looking for new battles to win and new worlds to conquer, because that's really what he enjoys.
LunaLenaApr 25, 2018 10:27 AM
Apr 25, 2018 11:34 AM

Sep 2015
LunaLena said:
@Draconix814 and @joe_g7 - thanks for clearing that up for me! Wasn't sure if I'd have time to search through to confirm what I thought I remembered, so I appreciate the reminders.

Draconix814 said:

Zodd will probably have to confront Guts. Sonia will have to confront Shierke as per their prior meeting, and Mule is a wild card in all of this.

I disagree that Zodd will end up confronting Guts, I think Miura has clearly marked Skull Knight as Zodd's destined nemesis. :) So even if they were at Elfheim, I think it would be more likely that Skull Knight would show up again to face Zodd. As annoying as it is that Guts's group resembles a JRPG party, I think it's because Miura is deliberately setting up foils to Griffith/Femto: Guts=Griffith, Farnese=Charlotte, Schielke=Sonia, Skull Knight=Zodd, etc. Therefore I think it's quite possible that Isidro or Serpico will be Mule's foil - Isidro because he is Mule's polar opposite (street rat background with lack of formal training), or Serpico because he and Mule share a similar background but fight for opposite causes. If anyone's a wildcard, I think it's most likely to be Casca: she's the one who was always caught between Guts and Griffith, right from the beginning. I don't mean that I think Casca will join Griffith or she's still in love with him or anything, just that they have a long complicated history that can't be easily discounted.

Also, did I miss some indication that Griffith is repelling the troll army from Falconia? I mean, it's likely that that's the case, but I think there's also a possibility that he is the attacker, not the defender. I have a theory that Griffith, having obtained everything he wanted, is going to find that he's bored. I think he's going to realize that pursuing a dream is much more interesting than achieving it, and like Alexander the Great, "he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer." So perhaps Griffith is looking for new battles to win and new worlds to conquer because that's really what he enjoys.

I like your theories, but to clarify, when I said Guts and Zodd will be "confronting" each other, I did it with the idea in mind that Zodd might actually turn against Femto and the confrontation could likely be where he does so. It's a fan theory I am actually quite fond of, so I said that without properly referencing that idea, so it's my fault in that respect.

I do see what you're saying with Casca being the wild card, but I don't really see her going to Femto's side whatsoever, so I think the unpredictability of her character will be more in what she's can/ willing to do if that makes sense.

You know what I just noticed, that this is actually a perfectly transitioned perspective change. We see Griffith in his crippled form in the chapter before it, and then we switch to Femto as he murders some trolls in this one. I have a feeling this perspective change is more indicative to building more of what we know about Femto and his team/ memories/ (lack of) feelings, or perhaps how Casca healing will affect the demon baby (or the Moonlight Child), than it is simply a tangent for tangent's sake.
Apr 25, 2018 11:36 AM

Sep 2015
harshtruth said:
Art aside, this chapter was random crap to say the least...seriously WTF? Sex with no climax

...Are you on the right chapter bud, or are you just playin?
Apr 25, 2018 11:58 AM
Jul 2018
harshtruth said:

???
I don't get it but if you're competing against Miura in trolling buddy then you've picked the toughest guy to fight with.
Apr 25, 2018 3:10 PM

Sep 2015
I just want to reiterate this because it'll be hard for everyone to see since it's in my other post.

The transition between Casca thinking about Griffith's decrepit body and Femto's adventures murdering trolls is too convenient a transition and looks like it is trying to mislead us.

The way the scenes transition into each other feel cinematic too, and they flow too well when you're reading them side by side.

With whatever this raid is that Femto is doing to these trolls, I do believe there to be a greater purpose other than both trolling its audience by cliffhanging.

One theory I suggest is that Miura is going to hereby show us something new either about Femto and his new army/ world, or something will be clarified or built upon in regards to the Moonlight child.

Now we don't know what time this is happening-- before, after, or during Casca's healing. We also don't really know Femto's objective or even where he is attacking. That said, there is an indication that Femto, at least on the outset, is fighting the trolls because they are murdering humans (the skinned human they're using as a banner) and picking a fight with them, in lack of more detailed terms.

But let's take note of one thing-- that Sonia took note of an irregular flow of OD behind the bushes of the Troll leader.

I have a feeling this is going to BIG and not just in terms of the upcoming fight. This can be something that will affect Femto and the Troll leader's "fight" (if you can call it that) and this can also be something that can shed a new light on Femto and his body/ the Moonlight Child.

That said, how does any of this mislead us about what's going to happen with Guts and Casca? Well, I have a feeling that whatever is happening over with Guts and Casca will have a major effect on Femto. That ominous flow of OD can be contributed to that.

Just something to think about, but since I hardly grasp the magic system of Berserk, I would like some extra opinions. I hope this can be used as a starting off point in a sense because I'm not sure many people noticed these little details and especially the way the chapters would transition (though not completely obvious it is interesting).

EDIT: Let's also not forget the myriad of unanswered questions that arose from Casca getting healed in the first place. What happened when they were off dreaming? Just how much time passed? Why did the Elf Queen immediately give Casca a dress? etc. It's possible that something happened off screen, and it ties with whatever is happening with Femto.
Draconix814Apr 25, 2018 4:23 PM
Apr 26, 2018 12:23 AM

Sep 2014
Lol Miura wtf? Well I didn't mind that random transition tbh since I really grew sick of Elfhelm and the whole thing that's going on there. As much as I want to see Casca as well the change as random as it is, came out refreshing to me even if I have to see that bastard Griffith again.
Apr 26, 2018 2:37 AM

Dec 2012
So shooooooooooorrttt!!!!!
Apr 26, 2018 3:05 AM

Mar 2014
goddamn it Miura trolling us once again. we were fearing a shift to Rickert's party but we got Griffith instead

I hope we get back to Casca soon :(

anyway , the art was pretty good, even if the chapter felt pretty short and inconsequential (as a standalone of course). I imagine this intervention serves a purpose in the long run
Apr 26, 2018 4:45 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Epic Griffith fight against trolls and Giants!!!
Well, i didn´t like the change of arc, because the Casca feelings after look Guts returned and it would have been interesting what happened with her!!! :/
Apr 26, 2018 6:20 AM
Oct 2017
Lolllll.....when I first saw the new chapter I was excited! Then I saw Griffith....and I was like. "Oh no!!! Don't tell me he is attacking elfhelm!??" But oh no. This whole chapter has nothing to do with casca's ultimate come back and next few chapters will have Griffith battling for sure. I think Miura is really a very unpredictable person. We put our towers of imagination about how Miura will handle the next chapters only to find out that in the end, miura is miura no one can predict him no one. I think he needs more time to think about "how to fuck with readers?" And "how can I torture guts and casca more??" He really really trolled us big time. He really diverted the whole scenario, some mangaka he is. Well maybe he wants to show that during the time period guts and party were in elfhelm, Griffith changed the whole geography outside?? Or its just a random battle he created as distraction
kanishka_BApr 26, 2018 6:25 AM
Apr 26, 2018 7:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Aardwolf94 said:
Lol, what a fucking troll. Lazy Miura strikes again, I'm currently doubting he even knows how to handle Guts and Casca's reunion..thats why he just shifted focus to Griffith & wasting time here until there is a hiatus

I don't think he's trolling. I have written a long time ago that I got the feeling that Miura wasn't 100% sure of how he would handle this. It's really a momentous decision and up until now, he hasn't committed to anything major.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 26, 2018 10:13 AM

Oct 2017
Farabeuf said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I don't think he's trolling. I have written a long time ago that I got the feeling that Miura wasn't 100% sure of how he would handle this. It's really a momentous decision and up until now, he hasn't committed to anything major.

That would be even more disappointing though. Its been 20 years..there was really plenty of time to think about Guts and Casca's reunion and how to handle it.
Apr 26, 2018 12:14 PM

Sep 2015
Sliusarek said:
Of course he knows how to handle it! Please, don't make any comments judging the writer when you don't even know how they work. The story is usually laid out months and months ahead. When the 355 was out, he had 356 somewhere in the table ready to be printed. I won't be surprised if he already has full story-boards for chapters 357-370 and he spends two weeks drawing the chapter and two weeks thinking about the story.
For someone who has been a writer for the series for a very long time, he knows his characters well.

The previous two chapters had a lot going on and it is natural to see one slow-burner thrown in.

Farabeuf said:
Aardwolf94 said:

I think it's not whether he knows how to handle it per say, I think he does, but we have to remember that Miura doesn't like giving clear and definite answers until they draw the most impact. That's just the basics of good writing, to build upon the right ideas to draw out the biggest emotional payoff. Yet, Miura is definitely a master of his craft, no one with so much painstaking detail into one's characters and world wouldn't be, so this is definitely something intentional with a clear purpose in mind-- even if we don't have the full picture yet.
Apr 26, 2018 9:11 PM

Sep 2015
HOLY FUCK THE TROLLS ARE CONNECTED TO THE HOLY SEE: ....................................................................................................... v

Apr 27, 2018 12:14 AM

Oct 2007
It has been so long, i forgot who these characters are, what they do and what their motivations are.

I don't know if it's worth going back and reading what they are about because i might forget again by the time they show up again in few years or whenever...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2018 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Draconix814 said:
The transition between Casca thinking about Griffith's decrepit body and Femto's adventures murdering trolls is too convenient a transition and looks like it is trying to mislead us. The way the scenes transition into each other feel cinematic too, and they flow too well when you're reading them side by side.
You're reading to much into it. Miura is just a very skilled artist, that is all. There is no "deeper meaning" in the panels.

With whatever this raid is that Femto is doing to these trolls, I do believe there to be a greater purpose other than both trolling its audience by cliffhanging.
It is just that though. Ever since Griffith obtained a corporeal body, we've constantly juggled from Guts to Griffith, and to Rickert too. The POV hasn't changed ever since the gang arrived on Elfhelm, plus Casca finally came back, and --as much as I hate that Miura went back to Griffith-- something like this was expected.

One theory I suggest is that Miura is going to hereby show us something new either about Femto and his new army/ world, or something will be clarified or built upon in regards to the Moonlight child.
We have already seen everything about Griffith's army and city. That was the whole point of when Rickert was in Falconia. Moonlight Boy only appears during a full moon (thus the name 'Moonlight Boy'), and in this chapter you can see that it's daytime. There's no way he has any connection with this.

Now we don't know what time this is happening-- before, after, or during Casca's healing.
Is literally says on the first page that this is happening after Casca woke up:

We also don't really know Femto's objective or even where he is attacking. That said, there is an indication that Femto, at least on the outset, is fighting the trolls because they are murdering humans (the skinned human they're using as a banner) and picking a fight with them, in lack of more detailed terms.
There's quite a HUGE indication actually, Griffith is fighting them because the trolls attacked humans. They have dangled corpses and skeletons on trees (?), use human skin as banners. On page 2 you can see one of them carry half a door, another one is using a ceiling as a helmet, another one uses the front half of a boat as a helmet, they use human shields as body armor -- ALL THESE can safely be assumed they obtained by killing and raiding human villages.

But let's take note of one thing-- that Sonia took note of an irregular flow of OD behind the bushes of the Troll leader. I have a feeling this is going to BIG and not just in terms of the upcoming fight. This can be something that will affect Femto and the Troll leader's "fight" (if you can call it that).
That irregular flow must be the person/being controlling the trolls. It is likely this will be something different from what we've seen so far, but in no way be this:
"and this can also be something that can shed a new light on Femto and his body/ the Moonlight Child."

That said, how does any of this mislead us about what's going to happen with Guts and Casca? Well, I have a feeling that whatever is happening over with Guts and Casca will have a major effect on Femto. That ominous flow of OD can be contributed to that.
No, you're just saying shit again Draconix...

EDIT: Let's also not forget the myriad of unanswered questions that arose from Casca getting healed in the first place. What happened when they were off dreaming?
They had a party on Elfhelm. Guts had a few drinks with Serpico and Farnese's fiancee.

Just how much time passed?
One day:

Why did the Elf Queen immediately give Casca a dress?
Because she thought to wear dirty traveling rugs for a reunion with her lover was un-romantic:
joe_g7Apr 27, 2018 10:56 AM
Apr 27, 2018 11:50 AM

Sep 2015
joe_g7 said:
Draconix814 said:
The transition between Casca thinking about Griffith's decrepit body and Femto's adventures murdering trolls is too convenient a transition and looks like it is trying to mislead us. The way the scenes transition into each other feel cinematic too, and they flow too well when you're reading them side by side.
You're reading to much into it. Miura is just a very skilled artist, that is all. There is no "deeper meaning" in the panels.

It is just that though. Ever since Griffith obtained a corporeal body, we've constantly juggled from Guts to Griffith, and to Rickert too. The POV hasn't changed ever since the gang arrived on Elfhelm, plus Casca finally came back, and --as much as I hate that Miura went back to Griffith-- something like this was expected.

We have already seen everything about Griffith's army and city. That was the whole point of when Rickert was in Falconia. Moonlight Boy only appears during a full moon (thus the name 'Moonlight Boy'), and in this chapter you can see that it's daytime. There's no way he has any connection with this.

Now we don't know what time this is happening-- before, after, or during Casca's healing.
Is literally says on the first page that this is happening after Casca woke up:

We also don't really know Femto's objective or even where he is attacking. That said, there is an indication that Femto, at least on the outset, is fighting the trolls because they are murdering humans (the skinned human they're using as a banner) and picking a fight with them, in lack of more detailed terms.
There's quite a HUGE indication actually, Griffith is fighting them because the trolls attacked humans. They have dangled corpses and skeletons on trees (?), use human skin as banners. On page 2 you can see one of them carry half a door, another one is using a ceiling as a helmet, another one uses the front half of a boat as a helmet, they use human shields as body armor -- ALL THESE can safely be assumed they obtained by killing and raiding human villages.

But let's take note of one thing-- that Sonia took note of an irregular flow of OD behind the bushes of the Troll leader. I have a feeling this is going to BIG and not just in terms of the upcoming fight. This can be something that will affect Femto and the Troll leader's "fight" (if you can call it that).
That irregular flow must be the person/being controlling the trolls. It is likely this will be something different from what we've seen so far, but in no way be this:
"and this can also be something that can shed a new light on Femto and his body/ the Moonlight Child."

No, you're just saying shit again Draconix...

EDIT: Let's also not forget the myriad of unanswered questions that arose from Casca getting healed in the first place. What happened when they were off dreaming?
They had a party on Elfhelm. Guts had a few drinks with Serpico and Farnese's fiancee.

Just how much time passed?
One day:

Why did the Elf Queen immediately give Casca a dress?
Because she thought to wear dirty traveling rugs for a reunion with her lover was un-romantic:

1. I wasn't talking about the panels themselves, I was referring to the transition of ideas that was misleading us.

2. Build up of plot points that would be intended for the climax of the Fantasia arc was what I was referring to as a "greater purpose".

3. With the Moonlight child, I understand that he can't come out if it's sunny, I was more referring to if he was the demon baby. Hence my multiple references to the effect Casca's healing could have on Femto's body.

4. Didn't register it, my bad.

5. I... am horrible at catching on little details like that, so yeah, basically.

6. I was expecting some sort of elf magic to be at work to combine the two simultaneous situations together in a literal or thematic way. Just curious though, why would anyone be controlling the trolls?

7. Again, I was expecting whatever was going on over at Elf Island to have an effect on Femto. I don't know if I was pushing (though I said I don't grasp the magic and lore of Berserk that well) but I wasn't just speaking out of my ass.

8. ...But is that everything?

9. Didn't catch that, honestly. I also read it a month ago, so I was bound to forget the specifics even if I didn't miss it.

10. Ok, so I seriously lack attention to detail, thanks for proving that point to me.

But hey, at least I spotted that connection with the trolls to the Holy See, unless that is already explained somehow and I just remember nothing from the last 100 chapters.
Apr 27, 2018 12:16 PM

Dec 2015
It makes sense from a narrative standpoint to raise the tension and build up the Casca Guts confrontation further.

But I also assume Miura wasn't quite sure on how he'd handle it and altough I'm a little disappointed by it nonetheless, I feel like it's best if he has more time to plan out how things will go for Casca from here on out.

Still what I'm really bitter about is that he didn't switch to Rickert and Erica's group instead (it does make sense for it to be Griffith, since he was on Casca's mind)

Miura might be pushing this little Griffith moment in between, so that he can establish something new about Griffith (or reconfirm a certain character trait or sth) and afterwards show how tragic it would be if Casca wants to go back to Griffith now
Apr 27, 2018 12:52 PM

Dec 2015
@Draconix814
1. There is nothing misleading about the transitions. It's just a new chapter.
2. This arc hasn't gone on long enough to end. Also, I doubt Fantasia will end before we get a proper resolution between Guts and Casca.
3. Why would Casca's healing have any effect on Griffith??? I don't understand. Has anything like that ever been implied??
6. Just like Ganishka before, there might be someone else out there who wishes to oppose Griffith's rule.
7. No, no effect on him. If there was we would see it here, but he was completely fine and acting normal.
8. We'll see...

Oh yeah, I forgot to reply to that. If you ask me, it's just a shield and nothing more. Don't read to much into it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 376 Discussion

MegamiRem - Yesterday

32 by Diogotrufas »»
21 minutes ago

» Chapter 376 - The End is Near

luckysjjsjsjs - Yesterday

18 by WalterBlack59 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 8 Discussion

KitaTsuki - Mar 5, 2011

45 by Thegyew »»
Yesterday, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Artstyle is not everything, story matters!!! ( 1 2 )

CoffeewithEdgawa - Apr 7

80 by BakLol »»
Apr 24, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Berserk Chapter 14 Discussion

Rasco - Sep 24, 2010

32 by MrGutz »»
Apr 23, 11:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.