Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Real Girl
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 24, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I find the study session between Tsutsui and Iroha to be cute and funny. It also kinda feels like he's being more direct with their relationship.

On the other hand, I do find the scenes between him and Takanashi to be rather awkward.

Tsutsui is once again being made fun of in class. Sigh, drama never seems to escape from him.
Apr 24, 2018 10:53 AM

Mar 2012
Enjoyed this episode quite a bit. That ending though, the cliffhanger :C
SparkleDuckApr 25, 2018 6:19 PM
Apr 24, 2018 1:32 PM

Jan 2015
I feel like this series is super underrated. This maybe be my favorite of the season
Apr 24, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2016
Family just casually spying xD

And lol,this is one hell of a misunderstanding.

Pretty shitty of Takanashi to be responsible for it,but I wonder if he's going to redeem himself.
FMmatronApr 24, 2018 1:58 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 24, 2018 1:36 PM

Jun 2015
Tsutsui and Iroha's study session was cute and amusing. That guy is scum for spreading those awful rumors. His sister feels so bad.
Apr 24, 2018 1:51 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
This is one of the very few shows this season i really look forward to everytime. There's no real telling what's gonna happen and i like it.

Helps that i like both MC's a lot.

But that blonde dude can fuck off, such a low thing to do and i hope he suffers from it.
Apr 24, 2018 1:56 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm being lectured by your favourite anime character about life lessons is a new experience. Even faced with his rival it's impressive that Hikari maintained his calm there. Still Hikari's answer to what he will do was pretty hillarious. But causing such an incident that got the police involved that rival sure plays dirty. Despite that its nice that Iroha is sticking by Hikari. But Iroha's response to Hikari's attempt was just priceless. Kinda ironic that the bullies little sister cares about Hikari's younger brother though. A slow paced episode that introduced the first real hurdle to Hikari and Iroha's relationship.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2018 2:19 PM

Jan 2018
MC relationship is getting better Tsutsui is getting more confident
What Takanashi did was low
I love this series but I'm scared about the ending
ArugustorApr 24, 2018 2:23 PM
Apr 24, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2017
I thought this episode was really good, would be quite interested in how they would solve this misunderstanding since changing peoples opinion of you is really hard in high school.
Will be impressed if they solve it uniquely. :D
Apr 24, 2018 4:03 PM

May 2015
Well that was rather infuriating lol
Apr 24, 2018 4:38 PM
Aug 2017
Even tho I was at work I still almost punched a wall seeing him being treated like that. I hope that blonde guy has to grovel in front of the whole school and admit what he did and show how pathetic he is. Not to mention some sort of trouble with the police
Apr 24, 2018 5:06 PM

Mar 2016
I did get angry watching this episode on a personal level, but I still really liked it and thought it was a good one. Tsutsui's experiences of being bullied like that....I've seen and relate to the shit he went through this episode, via some now rather cloudy memories from my high school days. And I'll be honest, I've seen much worse...yes, worse than even the stuff from Mahou Shoujo Site (without the "everyone else is a douche" thing, ofc). So that being said, I really like how that type of situation was depicted and displayed, and I'm glad that at least the situation came back around and bit that pretty boy in the ass xD

Like seriously, this series is SO underrated. Heck I've seen 7.5 to 8.0 rated stuff here on MAL that are not even close to being as good as this, imo
Apr 24, 2018 5:44 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, this is stupid...

Not only we now have self-proclaimed rival trope here but he also acts so desparate when trying to win the girl over it's very hard to believe he's good with women at all. Forcing them to do things your way that's not how you win their hearts.

And no way would MC be allowed to go to school if he was framed as molester, he would be kicked out of the school instantly. And even if he wasn't those rumours would never end, no matter what. It would be big deal that would prevent him to get decent job in the future even.
But here I fear the small girl and her brother apologizes in the end and everything would be nice and shiny again. That's not how the real life works and it doesn't work well even as romance drama.

The problem of this anime/manga is that it always brings in some interesting story hook but it's obvious nothing is thought over and whole situation is always concluded half-heartedly (not to mention it's cheesy af). In the end this developement feels artificial and it is hardly believable.

Gcalle26 said:
Even tho I was at work I still almost punched a wall seeing him being treated like that. I hope that blonde guy has to grovel in front of the whole school and admit what he did and show how pathetic he is. Not to mention some sort of trouble with the police

I hate to break it for you but the blond guy would probably become his friend (and occasional friendly rival to him), that's how this trope usually goes. Yeah, it feels ridiculous but that's badly written anime for you.
Mich666Apr 24, 2018 5:54 PM
Apr 24, 2018 6:26 PM

Jan 2012
Wow so they really went the "get everyone to believe he's a lolicon pedophile so I can steal his girlfriend" route huh? Uhhhh that's a bit much show, don't you think? XD And only two people actually believed him! I'll ignore the mom and brother since, while fucking stupid, their doubts were clearly meant to be humorous. Again, they totally failed in that regard, but still. I'm probably taking this more seriously than the show wants me too, in fact I'm sure I am, but wow just...wow. So literally everyone in their class except of course Igarashi and Ito are irredeemable scumbags now in my eyes. Even Arisa I'm sorry to say even if, again, her doubts were supposed to be played for laughs. Good job if that was your intention show! Well whatever, blonde douche is already beginning to get some comeuppance from his sister I guess and maybe as the weeks go bye I'll forget this garbage plot point but the show definitely took a step backwards this week.
Apr 24, 2018 8:18 PM

Aug 2014
Mich666 said:
And no way would MC be allowed to go to school if he was framed as molester, he would be kicked out of the school instantly. And even if he wasn't those rumours would never end, no matter what. It would be big deal that would prevent him to get decent job in the future even.
But here I fear the small girl and her brother apologizes in the end and everything would be nice and shiny again. That's not how the real life works and it doesn't work well even as romance drama.

My thoughts exactly, I really hated how they handled the situation. I don't know how the criminal law works in Japan, but at least in my country, falsely reporting a crime to the police, then taking a picture of the person and publicly defamating him/her would be more than enough for the victim to sue with a guaranteed fine (even if we're talking about minors/high school students). Ok, this anime is intended be comedy, so they don't expect the viewers to think too much about what's happening, and how that would be in real life, but it's hard to ignore the MC being victim to a serious crime and doing nothing about it.

But yeah, as you said, next episode will probably end up with the blonde guy apologizing, then they being friends and everyone conveniently forgetting about what happened.
Apr 24, 2018 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
The last three episodes have been the same premise.
"You shouldn't be with me."
"There's someone better"
Blah blah blah.
Jesus lord.
Tsutsui stands up for himself in ep 1 and then just takes an ass beating in this episode.

Also...animators...Stop being lazy. You used the same scene TWICE! In 3 separate occasions. In the class room when that clown and those females were surrounding his desk, when He was leaving the classroom and Ito was just looking, and another classroom scene where he's walking in. Laziness at it's finest. Add in the constant jumping around when it comes times as well. This anime is just not constant.

I had hopes for this anime after episode 1 but it looks like my hopes and dreams were shattered. 3/10 so far.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 24, 2018 8:30 PM
Jul 2017
Wtf does that kind of thing? First of all blondie, if a girl tells you no it means no. She isn't interested and you punching her boyfriend and getting him arrested isn't going to help matters. He is the kind of bastard that is obviously only interested in her because she is one of the few people who have told him no in his flipping life.

Speaking of Iroha, she was a BAMF this episode. Not only helping out her boyfriend with his self-esteem issues, but telling blondie off and it seems she even figured out that he was the one who spread that rumor before Azu showed up and spilled the beans.

Speaking of which, that was probably the only part of the episode I didn't really like. How convenient is it that his little sister happens to have a crush on Tsuntsun's (I love the nickname she gave him) brother. Then she also happens to run into him, and just so happens to fall right in front of Iroha. I get why they did it, but still feels a bit forced.
Apr 24, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2008
Had really hoped they solved this jumping back and forth relationship with the previous episode, but now we're back to it. Meh.

And I see everything that happens is still following the pattern of being a chain reaction of convenience.

Guy who happens to like the MC girlfriend happens to have a little sister that happens to meet the MC who happens to get falsely accused of a crime trying to help her that happens to trouble the younger brother of the MC who happens to be friends with the little girls in where she happens to stumble upon the girlfriend when explaining to her brother.

It's like the main character isn't going to have to do anything to solve the matter as all the side characters will do it for him, making this entire bit pointless other than some god awful drama. Even worse is this asshole of a character who caused this is probably going to become part of his friend group if following standard tropes.

Needed more of the couple interacting and less of what we had for the rest of the episode.
Apr 24, 2018 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
I've got a short list of characters that I genuinely would come out of my pocket to see mercilessly tortured and slaughtered in canon. I'm willing to expand that list again as of today.

What next, the MC gets NTR'd by this guy and his family gets killed?

This somehow manages to get worse and worse every week, but I can't sit through 20 minutes of punching and sword fighting every week. So I'm watching by virtue of the genre and only that.

Also worth noting, the fact that the MC didn't punch this guy's teeth down his throat from the get-go only made things more frustrating. I'm by no means a tough guy, but I'm not letting another man violate me the way the MC did. Tells you he's gonna steal your girlfriend from you, then yolks you up and pins you against the wall, and you still won't tap that jaw. How annoying to watch.

SJ7izmApr 25, 2018 3:15 AM
Apr 24, 2018 9:29 PM

Jan 2015
So she's not that "perfect" after all. It's okay, since that can be charming in any other point of view.
I gotta say that "event" is just to cliche, for Tsutsun become the lolicon otaku. But for him saying "no need" to be his girlfriend anymore... I think that's just too much.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 24, 2018 9:30 PM

Jul 2015
Not even his mom believes he's not a lolicon, that hurts.

I love the Iroha-Tsutsun relationship, these two are too good.
Apr 24, 2018 9:48 PM

Jul 2017
Whilst the story this episode was way too farfetched and over the top, I thought it was a solid episode which I can relate to in a way since I've had rumors spread about me throughout middle school for shit that I didn't do and it took me years to recover.

Tsutsun and Iroha's relationship is progressing nicely too.
Apr 24, 2018 10:43 PM

Oct 2017
Stark700 said:

Tsutsui is once again being made fun of in class. Sigh, drama never seems to escape from him.

Well i don't think ppl will let him be just because he have a girlfriend now, Would they.
Apr 24, 2018 10:49 PM

Feb 2018
It's okey that you are stupid if you excel at other things wow that guy really knews how to talk to people
Apr 24, 2018 11:09 PM
Mar 2018
Mich666 said:
Okay, this is stupid...

Not only we now have self-proclaimed rival trope here but he also acts so desparate when trying to win the girl over it's very hard to believe he's good with women at all. Forcing them to do things your way that's not how you win their hearts.

The problem of this anime/manga is that it always brings in some interesting story hook but it's obvious nothing is thought over and whole situation is always concluded half-heartedly (not to mention it's cheesy af). In the end this developement feels artificial and it is hardly believable.

Gcalle26 said:

I hate to break it for you but the blond guy would probably become his friend (and occasional friendly rival to him), that's how this trope usually goes. Yeah, it feels ridiculous but that's badly written anime for you.
Yeah i really wish they don't follow the trope here, but from what i'm hearing they probably will. Seeing as this type of false accusation destroys lives and follows you forever, i'd wish/hope they'll go in to it more, or at least the fact that the impetus for him feeling bad is his sister's guilt and not because he's realized he did something wrong.
Apr 25, 2018 12:16 AM

Sep 2008
The worst part is probably that his family doesn't believe him. They tried to make it look funny, but it really wasn't.
Apr 25, 2018 1:22 AM

Jan 2018
Watching this anime means you are ready to hurt your own feelings like NTR, nobody trust you, and so on.
but I quite enjoy it for my first shojo romance anime. so far so good.

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 25, 2018 2:33 AM
Jul 2018
This guy is such a piece of trash, spreading rumors like that hurting not only Tsutsui and his family, but his own sister too..

I hope he realises how garbage he is and does something about it..
Apr 25, 2018 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
Well, I'm honestly quite proud of MC. He didn't back down in the face of danger even knowing he stood zero chance at all. Now he just needs to stop being depressed about everything and he'd be great, though it's very understandable why he is. Good thing the kids are close, was wondering what kind of roll the little bro would play, he was so absent this whole time it was weird.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 25, 2018 4:57 AM

Sep 2010
SoraSenpai said:
-snip-
Tsutsui stands up for himself in ep 1 and then just takes an ass beating in this episode.
-snip-
Iunno about that... Looks more like Tsuitsui can sometimes stand up for others (Itou once and Igarashi twice), but not for himself; at least not to an actual bully.

Kfier said:
Mich666 said:
My thoughts exactly, I really hated how they handled the situation. I don't know how the criminal law works in Japan, but at least in my country, falsely reporting a crime to the police, then taking a picture of the person and publicly defamating him/her would be more than enough for the victim to sue with a guaranteed fine (even if we're talking about minors/high school students). Ok, this anime is intended be comedy, so they don't expect the viewers to think too much about what's happening, and how that would be in real life, but it's hard to ignore the MC being victim to a serious crime and doing nothing about it.
Iunno how the law works either, but it looks like they had to release him due to a lack of evidence. I doubt they could get Anzu to say anything that would incriminate him. ...and that might have been the end of it, if not for the rumors at school, and Tsuitsui's own family not believing him.
Remember, Tsuitsui is quite the doormat. He's not the type to sue someone who wronged him, or even lawyer-up.

Kfier said:
But yeah, as you said, next episode will probably end up with the blonde guy apologizing, then they being friends and everyone conveniently forgetting about what happened.
I'd disagree with you... if Mitsuya was not all over the OP. >.> I'll assume he wasn't reckless enough to let the school know he started the rumors, otherwise he'd already have no escape.

I'm liking this anime. Reminds me a little of Kemono Friends - doesn't look that good, but I feel like there's something interesting underneath it all.
TakataApr 25, 2018 5:03 AM
Apr 25, 2018 6:35 AM

Jan 2016
I liked the episode, it was a disgusting move by that other dude but it's sweet to see how Igarashi stands up for him and believes in Tsutsui. It was disturbing how his family reacted to the whole situation though, they shouldn't be like that

Underrated show
Apr 25, 2018 6:42 AM

Sep 2015
Every time that girls does that weird behaviors when Tsun does something, like in the beginning of the episode, makes my my brain crunch.

She is at the same the girl who can let LITERALY any guy kiss her without even thinking about it at any moment and fell nothing and then suddenly in the next moment she gets weird just because the guy who she is going out for one week put his head on her shoulder, thats make absolutely no fuckin sense!

I can't figure out what the hell is wrong with her personality.
Apr 25, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2017
Am I the only one who's living in a society where:

Otaku is an honorific and being called a lolicon is a thing getting proud of?

"The universe was made, just to be seen by my eyes."
Apr 25, 2018 9:55 AM

Sep 2016
Pretty much predictable but yet they made it bearable and somewhat fun to watch.

Kinda wanna see how ojou-chan handles Kaoru kun XD
Apr 25, 2018 10:45 AM
Jan 2018
I really admire Ihora, she looks for good qualities in people and isn't won over by superficial social status or charisma
Apr 25, 2018 10:59 AM

Sep 2013
Tsutsui gets labeled a lolicon and gets beaten up by the ikemen.
Feels bad, atleast iroha and hsi friend support him :'(
Apr 25, 2018 11:06 AM
Mar 2015
the real people who count to the MC his friend and his girl friend stood up for him despite the smear campaign. He stood up to the rival his family and his class despite being defamed. He did not run away Instead he laughed at the absurdity. People lose their jobs just for being accused of these types of crimes even where there is no evidence On the other hand he is in no worse position than he was when he ostracized as an otaku
Apr 25, 2018 11:19 AM

Dec 2014
The protagonist is such a good guy... Really appreciate him more..... Things people do
Apr 25, 2018 11:35 AM
Apr 2018
For some reason this episode emotionally worked me up, but I liked how it somehow came back to him through his little sister.

And for the first time I've seen a blonde lose to someone else.
Apr 25, 2018 1:28 PM

Feb 2015
Im getting rather tired of the ridiculous drama and the absolute wet wipe of a MC
Apr 25, 2018 2:22 PM

May 2013
Man, that blonde guy sure is an asshole.

All I wanted was for Tsuntsun to have kicked him in the balls and proceeded to kick his head while he was down.

Letting a prick like that tell him shit... Guy even got his family involved...
Apr 25, 2018 2:30 PM

Feb 2016
I found this episode to be quite irritating, also bittersweet when it comes to Igarashi's care for Tsutsun (literally the only thing I did enjoy of this episode)

Fuck that prick, at least this show's quick pace is helping him get what he deserves.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 25, 2018 2:31 PM

Feb 2016
AyunaAni said:
Am I the only one who's living in a society where:

Otaku is an honorific and being called a lolicon is a thing getting proud of?

Do you live in an Upside-down town from another universe?
~Blackwall
Apr 25, 2018 2:37 PM

Feb 2016
shiro_kai said:
Every time that girls does that weird behaviors when Tsun does something, like in the beginning of the episode, makes my my brain crunch.

She is at the same the girl who can let LITERALY any guy kiss her without even thinking about it at any moment and fell nothing and then suddenly in the next moment she gets weird just because the guy who she is going out for one week put his head on her shoulder, thats make absolutely no fuckin sense!

Well, that's called "Being in love" I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how it works. Welcome to Romance.
~Blackwall
Apr 25, 2018 2:43 PM

Feb 2014
I guess shows like this is what gives singles hope.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Apr 25, 2018 2:52 PM

Apr 2016
Mich666 said:
Okay, this is stupid...

Gcalle26 said:

You are a child.

To begin with he wasn't booked or anything he was let go, there is no record of the arrest, there is no evidence, he was simply held for questioning, if the police hold you for questioning in a murder case, that doesn't mean you are fired from your job on suspicion of murder. It's called due process. It's the basis of any legitimate legal system.

2. Women go for status and power, you can delude yourself into believing whatever made up nice guy dichotomy you have invented but it is not how women behave. Women prefer alphas who dictate the frame.

The reason you don't like this anime is because you can't understand anything that isn't binary, you don't understand that characters become interesting if their actions are inconsistent, that they fumble around, that their understanding of morality changes and that they grow in all ways. You want some washed down "I won't let anyone get hurt!" with no nuance. You want Monster where for no fucking reason at all the guy throws away his life to stop a killer, just because of some binary retard tier moral compass and the big conclusion is now he's become the monster. That shit sucks. It's completely childish and doesn't understand that people are not stable, and that there is nuance and context to everything.

That's what this anime does well. It understands fluctuations in how people interact due to the context.

shiro_kai said:

Pretty obvious at this point its a rumor spread by people who don't like her. The artist is drawing parity between the dichotomies of being a beautiful popular girl that women despise and spread rumors about vs a detestable guy who gets rumors spread about him for his hobbies.

I think the point that was brought up in episode one where he asks "why am I being treated like this for liking something" is a poignant one that will play into the story. The reason the rumors spread was probably because Iroha had a crush on her friend's boyfriend or he liked her or some variation of that situation, and that is also why she doesn't want any friends.

MywifessonApr 25, 2018 2:56 PM
Apr 25, 2018 3:41 PM

Sep 2015
Mywifesson said:

shiro_kai said:

Pretty obvious at this point its a rumor spread by people who don't like her. The artist is drawing parity between the dichotomies of being a beautiful popular girl that women despise and spread rumors about vs a detestable guy who gets rumors spread about him for his hobbies.

I think the point that was brought up in episode one where he asks "why am I being treated like this for liking something" is a poignant one that will play into the story. The reason the rumors spread was probably because Iroha had a crush on her friend's boyfriend or he liked her or some variation of that situation, and that is also why she doesn't want any friends.

In the first episode she was going out with at least two guys (or at least made enough things with them to make they think they are going out, and was just playng with them), and she was about just a week in the town , so was not JUST a rumor. She was promiscuous before Tsun.
shiro_kaiApr 25, 2018 3:49 PM
Apr 25, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2015
HereticHunter said:
shiro_kai said:

Well, that's called "Being in love" I know it doesn't make sense, but that's how it works. Welcome to Romance.

I think it can happen when someone fall in love, but I dont think thats the situation here. She did not started to suffer from a big amnesia and changed 100% of her personality (yet).
Apr 25, 2018 3:56 PM

Apr 2016
shiro_kai said:
Mywifesson said:

In the first episode she was going out with at least two guys (or at least made enough things with them to make they think they are going out, and was just playng with them), and she was about just a week in the town , so was not JUST a rumor. She was promiscuous before Tsun.

No
this is the logical progression
>Spread rumor Iroha is a whore
>Iroha is a whore I'm gonna get some box
>Goes up to Iroha and tries to force something
>gets denied
>knows about other guys who are rumored to have smashed
>thinks he is better than those guys
>aren't we dating?

something along those lines, the preconception that she is an easy girl effected the encounters with the two men, and they perceived something different than Iroha herself. Since Iroha has no friends they might have asked to go somewhere with her and she agreed because she has no friends.
Apr 25, 2018 4:10 PM

Sep 2015
Mywifesson said:
shiro_kai said:

No
this is the logical progression
>Spread rumor Iroha is a whore
>Iroha is a whore I'm gonna get some box
>Goes up to Iroha and tries to force something
>gets denied
>knows about other guys who are rumored to have smashed
>thinks he is better than those guys
>aren't we dating?

something along those lines, the preconception that she is an easy girl effected the encounters with the two men, and they perceived something different than Iroha herself. Since Iroha has no friends they might have asked to go somewhere with her and she agreed because she has no friends.

I think there is some holes in that theory, like, if she denies at least ONE GUY that should stop or at least change the rumours. That is not what happened she let THAT guy kiss her wihout any hesitation, clearly and straight. And you are right they are playboys, they are not there just for a kiss.

I REALLY think those guys would not considerate they are in a relantionship with Iroha without at least a little of consent from her in those actions.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 6:11 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

19 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 5:47 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 10 Discussion

10 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 21, 4:08 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

247 by Blackgirls536 »»
Jan 20, 9:05 AM

Poll: » 3D Kanojo: Real Girl Episode 9 Discussion

13 by samekenne »»
Jan 9, 5:51 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.