Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 24, 2018 3:16 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Hi everyone, and welcome to the Anime Roulette #24. For those who are new, in the monthly Roulette everyone submits an anime, the 1st day of the month every anime submitted gets randomised, and you end up having to watch the anime you received. You have two months (preferably one) to watch your anime or you'll end up penalised like me, so be careful. I advise to read the rules if it's your first time participating, everything's there.

And this is for everyone. Given the precedents I've decided that accounts with less than 40 completed anime that participate for the first time (as well as those which look fishy) are banned from entry unless I give them specific permission. It's unfair for those that genuinely want to participate, but there have been a lot of cases of low anime count users who drop or don't even start what they get. If you haven't watched a lot of anime but still want to participate, feel free to PM me and (at least for now) I'll probably let you participate.

I'll start randomizing on the 1st of May, so make sure to submit your anime before that day. Once randomized, you will know what anime you have to watch, and you should watch it before the month ends.

If you have watched the source of an anime and you don't want to watch the adaptation, or if you have strong feelings of animosity against it (you have to say why, and I won't accept the likes of "I don't like the genre" as an excuse. I'll definitely keep in mind if you systematically try to avoid anime for no evident reason), please SAY SO before the randomization starts. To say that, if you watched the source you don't need any specific format, but if you have other reason (strong feelings of animosity) you have to stress that you do not want the anime by either bolding or underlining the not. Once everyone gets their anime, the only reclamation I'll accept is that you already have your anime in your list or that you already told me that you didn't want it in a proper way.

I'd love if you let me know in the comments that you finished your anime. That way, you can discuss it with other members (especially the one who submitted it) and it makes it easier for me to make the count.
Conde_MohrMay 23, 2018 7:21 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Apr 24, 2018 8:03 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
This edition comes with the first permanent ban, as well as some other changes that I don't like but I feel I have to do. I feel that, as of late, Roulette isn't going as smoothly as I'd like due to me not showing up, I'll try to fix that.

Now that I'm unbanned and mentally in order (more or less) maybe it's time to start participating again, although with exams and all it may prove difficult. I'll decide this week.

By the way, I have to finish a big class project that consists in projecting the construction of a medical centre, and deadline is on the 31st of May. Since I'll probably be wanting to die because of how much work that will be and not paying attention here, I need someone to host Roulette #25 next month.

PS: Last edition's completed list will be done later, I just signed up to a gym and I should at least try to work out a bit :P

Apr 24, 2018 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
@Conde_Mohr I'm not 100% sure but I'll prolly be able to help with hosting #25.

Also I submit Seikaisuru Kado.

Apr 24, 2018 9:31 AM

Oct 2016
Apr 24, 2018 9:34 AM

Apr 2014
Demo can do it. My final is 31st of May xD
No validation, no applause
You don't have prove you got it when you know it's yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSSKDIcpdSE
Apr 24, 2018 1:40 PM
Jul 2014
I nominate Drifters !
Apr 25, 2018 4:11 PM

Dec 2016
I nominate Baccano!
Apr 26, 2018 9:41 AM
Apr 26, 2018 3:09 PM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
Demonarion said:
@Conde_Mohr I'm not 100% sure but I'll prolly be able to help with hosting #25.

Also I submit Seikaisuru Kado.

Thanks, and sorry for the trouble ^^

Apr 26, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
Ping Pong the Animation

I don't want Houseki no Kuni because I'm reading the manga.
MikochondriaApr 30, 2018 9:21 AM

Apr 27, 2018 11:04 AM
Apr 29, 2018 3:11 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
https://myanimelist.net/anime/120
Fruits Basket

Type: TV
Episodes: 26
Aired: Jul 5, 2001 to Dec 27, 2001
Studios: Studio Deen
Source: Manga
Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Shoujo
Duration: 24 min. per ep.
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older

"Note: so far want to avoid Hoshi_wo_Ou_Kodomo, part of the recommendation challenge I'm working T_T (the one I have to watch things in order)" (and got it for the mini-roulette)

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Apr 30, 2018 9:17 AM

Dec 2015
Houseki no Kuni (TV)

Damn, I wanted to avoid one anime for the same reason as Shey, but amongst the series submitted so far there's only one another I haven't seen yet x''D Guess I'm just gonna hope I'll get lucky x'D
Apr 30, 2018 9:21 AM

Apr 2014
Gwathgor said:
Houseki no Kuni (TV)

Damn, I wanted to avoid one anime for the same reason as Shey, but amongst the series submitted so far there's only one another I haven't seen yet x''D Guess I'm just gonna hope I'll get lucky x'D

This is the main one, so you are allowed to say "no" to things for that reason (unless Conde changed that rule when I wasn't looking).

Apr 30, 2018 9:37 AM

Dec 2015
Well, yeah, but that wouldn't be much of a roulette if there was only one series available for me xD
Apr 30, 2018 1:49 PM
Feb 2013
May 1, 2018 4:46 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
I'll submit Bartender and start randomising now.

Gwathgor said:
Well, yeah, but that wouldn't be much of a roulette if there was only one series available for me xD

If you're online, say that now or stay silent forever, since I'll randomise now. I can always look for stuff to submit that you haven't watched yet.

May 1, 2018 5:23 AM

Apr 2014
I don't want Bartender because manga (submit earlier pls, or I'm close to missing these) and I can also swap mine to something Gwathgor hasn't seen if wanted, but I'm expecting that is too late :p

May 1, 2018 5:31 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
And randomisation done. I'll leave home in around an hour, so that's the extra time I'll give @Gwathgor to tell me if she has a problem with the anime I gave her. I'll leave the results below.

@Conde_Mohr - Fruits Basket
@Demonarion - Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
@Gwathgor - Mahoujin Guruguru (2017)
@jimanator - Baccano!
@Kassitero - Dennou Coil
@Mikochondria - Mahoutsukai no Yome
@Pantemic - Bartender
@piemenux - Ping Pong the Animation
@Punkero - Houseki no Kuni (TV)
@SheyCroix - Seikaisuru Kado
@sytemet - Drifters
@thingsandstuff - Fune wo Amu

I hope you were lucky with your draft, I'm fairly happy with mine, since I wanted some old anime to watch (that means I'll have to push the one Demo recommended me for when I finish my Roulette anime). I'll finish Michiko to Hatchin before that, though, since that was the roulette anime that got me banned and I'm on my way to finishing it :P

@Mikochondria I checked the manga list of the person who received my submission just in case, but I'll keep that in mind. I hope Pantemic likes drinking.

May 1, 2018 5:34 AM

Apr 2014
I was really hoping not to get this, so no :) I should have 4 points to spend in case it's as bad as I think rgiht?

But alright, good that you do check, then it's probably fine

May 1, 2018 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
Nice, seems like I got the better anime out of the ones I haven't seen yet, because I wasn't very entusiastic about any of the other options TBH.
PunkeroMay 1, 2018 5:42 AM
May 1, 2018 5:43 AM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Hi guys! (._.)/ I've been busy lately so have been cutting down on anime watching, but hope to maybe participate in the next roulette. (at least my penalties go down in the meantime, yay)
May 1, 2018 5:52 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Nice~ I was looking forward to getting that one ♥

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 1, 2018 6:49 AM

Nov 2014
Conde_Mohr said:
And randomisation done. I'll leave home in around an hour, so that's the extra time I'll give @Gwathgor to tell me if she has a problem with the anime I gave her. I'll leave the results below.

@Conde_Mohr - Fruits Basket
@Demonarion - Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo
@Gwathgor - Mahoujin Guruguru (2017)
@jimanator - Baccano!
@Kassitero - Dennou Coil
@Mikochondria - Mahoutsukai no Yome
@Pantemic - Bartender
@piemenux - Ping Pong the Animation
@Punkero - Houseki no Kuni (TV)
@SheyCroix - Seikaisuru Kado
@sytemet - Drifters
@thingsandstuff - Fune wo Amu

I hope you were lucky with your draft, I'm fairly happy with mine, since I wanted some old anime to watch (that means I'll have to push the one Demo recommended me for when I finish my Roulette anime). I'll finish Michiko to Hatchin before that, though, since that was the roulette anime that got me banned and I'm on my way to finishing it :P

@Mikochondria I checked the manga list of the person who received my submission just in case, but I'll keep that in mind. I hope Pantemic likes drinking.

i completed baccano for a previous anime roulette
May 1, 2018 7:55 AM
Pecadorrr

Oct 2014
jimanator said:

I must have mistyped the name and it didn't appear. I seriously need a way to do this automatically. I want to do this before leaving (something came up), but since there are less than 3 people who have not watched Baccano! yet, I'll use a substitute. I'm thinking about banning top 100 popularity instead of 50 next time, if not using a set amount of members, this is not the first time it happens.

@Kassitero's randomised substitute is Serial Experiments Lain

May 1, 2018 8:41 AM

Apr 2014
Conde_Mohr said:
jimanator said:

I must have mistyped the name and it didn't appear. I seriously need a way to do this automatically. I want to do this before leaving (something came up), but since there are less than 3 people who have not watched Baccano! yet, I'll use a substitute. I'm thinking about banning top 100 popularity instead of 50 next time, if not using a set amount of members, this is not the first time it happens.

@Kassitero's randomised substitute is Serial Experiments Lain

Yes, I had the exact same issue with Higurashi. Banning the top 100 is a good idea

May 1, 2018 12:31 PM
Feb 2013
ok then :) let's roll - i accept challenge :D
May 2, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2014
@Punkero @Conde_Mohr I've finished Hoshi wo Ou Kodomo and it was ok.

It was really pretty anime to look at but, other than that there was nothing more to it...which is par for the course in a Makoto Shinkai movie.

May 3, 2018 1:30 PM
Feb 2013
@Conde_Mohr - completed Ping Pong :)

@Mikochondria. for people who have never held a racket in their hands is a bit too difficult anime and spouting all motivational stuff in one place makes it "save screenshots for memes", only one joke about shinsegumi and "tachikoma song" kinda strengthens emotions, but.. like proverb sais - if there's love in it, it can't be bad and I was surprised that i ate with plesure anime that still looks plain to me :/ i rate it 7. fellings after watching - confused :) looking forward for next unusal challenge! thank you.
piemenuxMay 3, 2018 1:37 PM
May 12, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
@Conde_Mohr, @piemenux - I've completed Dennou Coil.

It's clearly one of the best animes I've ever seen. Many thanks for the recommendation.
May 12, 2018 3:56 PM
Feb 2013
@Kassitero - glad you liked it :)
May 13, 2018 7:46 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
Finished Seikaisuru Kado. That was pretty good =3

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 15, 2018 11:53 PM

Nov 2014
Finished lain. It was really odd
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » 🍃 SPECIAL EVENT 🍃 : SPRING MANGA ROULETTE

TitanInsane - Apr 14

7 by hoshi4 »»
6 hours ago

Sticky: » Anime Roulette #86 [Re-sharing as it's now an AWCc Collab | Sign-Ups Till 2/23] ( 1 2 3 )

Crazee - Feb 8

107 by Eleanora1315 »»
Yesterday, 9:53 AM

Sticky: » Anime Roulette #87

Crazee - Apr 7

33 by CsillaLoli »»
Yesterday, 6:44 AM

Sticky: » Intermittent Roulette — Anime Edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Mikochondria - Apr 28, 2018

855 by trojangirl12 »»
Apr 24, 7:18 PM

Sticky: » Manga Roulette #81

Demonarion - Mar 16

14 by jimanator »»
Apr 16, 12:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.