Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 23, 2018 12:21 AM
Apr 2018
Compared to season 1, the story telling isn't as good. Still optimistic about the upcoming arc.
Apr 23, 2018 12:30 AM

Aug 2009
Three eps in, I'm not enjoying this season yet. Hopefully it'll get better soon.
Apr 23, 2018 1:14 AM
Aug 2017
s6Official said:
Nekostar1551 said:
I didn't like Sasaki Haise, he's fucking so annoying.
The old kaneki ken was better and badass.
I hope he'll get is memories back soon :(
After all, CCG is a full garbage they care about their own members and use everyone as their puppet and don't care about anyone

I'm so curious to ask! what part of Sasaki Haise is so annoying? =$

Sasaki Haise behaviour is not bad but compared to old Kaneki ken, Sasaki Haise sucks. I found him very boring because his new personality doesn't fit him in my Opinion and sasaki Haise is offically a CCG's dog.
And Yeah about your question, I don't think I should answer directly becoz I already said alot. :)
After all, it's my opinion. Thanks for understanding :)
Personally, It really pisses me off when someone give questions about my opinion because it's very annoying, you know. :)
Nekostar1551Apr 23, 2018 1:18 AM
Apr 23, 2018 1:47 AM
Jun 2017
wahahaha... Haise and gang cross dressed as women in their latest mission...

Ohh lets see how they will fair on their next mission?
Apr 23, 2018 4:35 AM

Apr 2018
Nekostar1551 said:

Sasaki Haise behaviour is not bad but compared to old Kaneki ken, Sasaki Haise sucks. I found him very boring because his new personality doesn't fit him in my Opinion and sasaki Haise is offically a CCG's dog.
And Yeah about your question, I don't think I should answer directly becoz I already said alot. :)
After all, it's my opinion. Thanks for understanding :)
Personally, It really pisses me off when someone give questions about my opinion because it's very annoying, you know. :)

FIRST, SORRY IF YOU'RE PISSED OFF BECAUSE OF MY QUESTION I WAS JUST CURIOUS xD

If we look at it from another perspective, isn't Sasaki Haise is just like the first Kaneki Ken (with eye-patch on)?
so there is no way to compare him to the White Hair Kaneki, White Hair Kaneki became badass because of stuff that happened to him, unlike Sasaki Haise.
in the end, they all are the same when it comes to personality, what separates them is the memories!
s6OfficialApr 23, 2018 4:39 AM
Apr 23, 2018 11:15 AM

Mar 2014
So what's the joke supposed to be here? That they made the transsexual guy dress up as a woman and that's funny because he used to be a chick (because I'm 100 % sure he's supposed to be trans)? Transphobic much
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Apr 25, 2018 2:44 AM

Aug 2015
Suzuya Juuzou (鈴屋 什造(すずや じゅうぞう)my loveee!

Apr 25, 2018 6:35 AM
Jun 2016
Well..... Saikos personality and appearance reminds me of myself 😂
Apr 28, 2018 3:31 PM

Oct 2017
FinNote said:
I didn't really like this episode.. I don't like them changing suzuya, and they could have made Saiko better
I totally agree with u
-¡Give yourself to me!
Apr 28, 2018 3:38 PM

Oct 2017
I don't know if I was waiting a lot from this season but at the moment I am bit dissapointed for it 'cause the productors were doing so slowly and boring the story. I don't know the wishes of the rest of us but I want my gore, I want to see action, even the investigation it's so boring this makes seems the previous seasons like gold if we compare. I hope this change for the next episodes.
-¡Give yourself to me!
May 2, 2018 3:36 AM

Oct 2015
I'm enjoying this series so far. Saiko looks so fat and short
May 5, 2018 2:09 PM
May 2015
Sniffing the pants holly molly LOL
Nov 18, 2018 3:44 PM

Oct 2013
Hmm... I am not a fan of Saiko, she is way too lazy haha, although I think she has huge potential if she is still quinx' member.

I'm glad Suzuya is back, he's one of my favourite characters from this show.

About quinx' members, as I was skeptical about them at first, I must say I started to like them as a whole and its individual members. :)

Good episode, by the way. That crossdressing theme was helpful for their operation and funny to the viewers of this anime.
Nov 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Feb 2010
So far.. I'm liking this more than season 2. Hopefully there's a payoff to all the buildup.
Jan 10, 2019 12:42 PM

Mar 2016
Saiko seemed like a legal loli! A gamer NEET wannabe legal loli to be exact. She's cute, the way she acts is cute, I love this character!

I completely forgot about Juuzo! I like his new hairstyle and change to black colour.

Haise squad cross-dressing was freaking hilarious! From their dancing trying to blend into Mutsuki getting drunk and accidentally managed to get a pass with Nutcracker.

The Auction day is here, I wonder if Touka's lil brother will meet with Haise...

Jan 29, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2013
Suzuya totally changed! - Still looks amazing though, just lin the previous season :D
Eto's few lines instantly reminded me of Shinobu, I love her voice ^^
Mar 5, 2019 10:17 AM

Feb 2015
I'm pretty sure some people are going to die and it gets more brutal as the anime progresses but right now, I'm enjoying the 'peace' (just don't kill off Saiko, I'm starting to like her cute chubby self)

It's nice seeing Juzo, Eto and Shu again even though it doesnt look like the latter two changed much.

edit: Its funny how they used the two traps of the show for the operation lol.
iDensityMar 5, 2019 10:20 AM
Mar 16, 2019 9:23 PM

Apr 2016
Oh, seeing so many moments and characters; show without tell, just like in the manga :))

It got me feels to see Suzuya visit Shinohara who is in a vegetable state :( And we see the paper airplane on the table beside Shinohara's bed, just like the paper airplanes Suzuya flew in Root A... There is that feeling of wanting to fly and be free in their chaotic world. I do hope Shinohara wakes up someday to a peaceful world. </3

Roma and Nico appeared at the club. They yearn to see Haise as Kaneki again and want our protagonist to wither in pain. That's so like them as Clowns. xP

It gave me feels when Kanae presented Haise's underwear to Tsukiyama, and our poor gourmet couldn't recognize Kaneki's scent... :'( I love that both Chie and Kanae care for Tsukiyama, and are doing what they can for him. <33 Kanae is clearly heartbroken that Haise's underwear that Chie got from the Quinx Squad didn't help Tsukiyama recover... x(( It was touching when Chie received flashbacks of how Tsukiyama was before Kaneki's disappearance, and that she wants her friend to be back on his feet again.

It was a bittersweet moment when Haise reflected that even if his memories come back, he hopes he'll still remember the Quinx Squad... It was nice to see the group (excluding Urie) being goofy and dancing in the club. And surprisingly, Nutcracker was approachable! Tooru spoke to Nutcracker so easily when he was drunk.

It was a cool moment to see Ayato, Hinami, Naki, and Miza stand together while they were on standby for the auction. AND YAY!! Scarecrow was attending too :D

Love that the preview included Uta (Takahiro Sakurai's voice <33), and spooky vibes from seeing Dr. Kanou at that last moment!

Cutie Suzuya appeared. I lol-ed again seeing him find candy in Haise's pockets, and Hanbee was just nodding and grinning xDD It's so nice to see Suzuya and Haise's great relationship, despite Suzuya robbing Kaneki in the past LOL!

I liked seeing Haise train the Quinx Squad too, in preparation for the auction. Akira told Haise that it's pretty much normal in their line of work to lose colleagues, so I think the least that can be done is to train and hope everyone is safe.

Good luck to Urie and his recovery from surgery. Glad that Saiko is taking her job seriously and is contributing to the Quinx Squad. It's very family-like for the Quinx Squad (excluding Haise) to do their best to get her out of bed, and lol they (excluding Mutsuki) even used their kagunes to take down the door xD
Dec 16, 2019 4:28 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Crossdressing in Tokyo Ghoul ? lol I didn't expect it
Apr 12, 2020 5:10 AM

Jul 2015
Well quite a lot of characters went downhill shuu losing his passion, Haise started to crossdress
I can see why Urie doesn't like his squad, they are way too goofy to be taken serious as an offical ghoul counter squad. I don't really like Saiko, so far she hasn't done anything and would have continued to do so if it wasn't for Urie's lie. Hopefully she changes a bit now that she is taking her job somewhat more serious

Jul 9, 2020 8:34 PM

Dec 2009
Crazy how Kanae

Weird, I expected Haise's wig to be white. Tooru looks cute. Haise as well, haha.
... For the most part this episode felt like a proper adaption of everything in the progress of the operation from what I remember but I can't remember if anything was left out from the manga.
Beautiful art but the music time-skip sequence was unfitting and awkward. The action animation was a little disappointing as well.
Didn't know that song was performed by YouTuber AmaLee ... pretty awesome that she was featured in an anime, damn. 'Didn't know that.

waalex11Jul 9, 2020 9:18 PM
Aug 17, 2020 7:51 AM
May 2020
This does not feel like Tokyo Ghoul at all.
Aug 23, 2020 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
More of a buildup episode I guess, shame that Touka did not appear again.
May 4, 2021 9:27 AM

Jun 2020
Shu scene is gourmet from what I assume This OP gets even better each episode I swear it grew on me Urie still on his Kagune worrying too much

Seems a build-up to me to make Haise remember his past, Saiko being a shut-in doesn't seem to be quite bad for this story, loved where they crossed dress even though it's so obvious with the fake wigs and dress ups hilarious I suppose so I guess a few people actually noticed who Haise is

So building up to a raid again from what this episode seems to tell us and the preparation on this episode says it.

Aug 18, 2021 8:15 PM

Jul 2021
Good build up episode. I didn't like the changes to Juuzo appearance. Of course Tsukiyama is depressed after kaneki disappeared
Jan 20, 2022 12:52 AM

Dec 2018
it really pains me to say this since i loved season one and liked season 2 but this is a hot mess and regrettably i'm going to have to drop it. it's absolutely god awful.
Mar 15, 2022 11:54 AM

Nov 2010
Damn, Juuzou and Tooru looks cute as girls. I wish they were girls. lol

The OST in this anime is quite nice I must say.

I just realized, I adhere to Epicureanism, to an extent. The simple life is the best indeed.
Aug 28, 2022 8:48 AM
Dec 2021
what the hell is this season... I'm contemplating just rewatching S1 and S2 instead

it's absolutely hilarious but in a terrible way
Sep 24, 2022 7:14 AM
Aug 2018
It seems that the creators forgot that to make the gamer neet likeable you need to do something more with the character than just the trope.
Does the Reaper Dream of Darkness Darker than Black?
Oct 14, 2022 9:11 AM
Aug 2022
Not as bad as people said.
Dec 3, 2022 4:22 AM
Aug 2021
they just destroyed kaneki
Feb 7, 2023 5:22 PM
Aug 2017
When he talked her she was pretty i melted.
Jul 20, 2023 1:19 PM

Sep 2020
Have to say that this is far, far more enjoyable than the previous two seasons.
Sep 22, 2023 10:13 AM
Sep 2023
Boring and not understanding nothing
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

May 2021
I'm so confused.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.