Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 10:11 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah I like the realism for the family lives of the characters. They are just small details but it makes me interested in them.

Tsubasa's team is interesting to see. Some of the more outspoken members really show their perosnalities this episode. Feels like the episode is trying to get the players more comfortable into their positions. They have a lot to work on. The soccer plays itself is neat too especially with the goal this episode :D
Apr 16, 2018 11:53 AM

Dec 2011
The pacing is quite slower than usual but i like the filers they add in the story making it more realism.
I think this whole adaptation might just cover the kid years of Tsubasa.
Apr 16, 2018 11:56 AM

May 2016
kaitonic said:

Probably but I hope they will cover the sequel...

However, this episode was nice even if I prefered the 2 mlast episodes.
Apr 16, 2018 12:28 PM

Dec 2011
hassage said:
kaitonic said:

Well ii hope for more too but with just about 50 episodes and this pacing I doubt there could be more.Road to 2002 did the kid years in about 30 episodes with the International Jr. Youth arc too but their pacing was quite fast.
Apr 16, 2018 1:51 PM

Feb 2008
I also agree that the pace is way too similar to the manga. Quite faithful adaptation this time.

But I love it. Even with french subtitles.
zerojApr 16, 2018 8:40 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Apr 16, 2018 4:03 PM

Nov 2013
I really like how they are being so faithful to the manga, many things from the manga were not adapted in J and in Road to 2002, so it's great to see them again after the 1983 anime.
Apr 16, 2018 4:11 PM

Jul 2015
If that wasn't clear already, damn, Tsubasa is crazy OP, that goal.

His personality motivated a lot his teammates, and looks like Roberto also has things already prepared to improve their skills, things are looking good for them!
Apr 16, 2018 8:31 PM

Aug 2016
Of all the anime remake that they made of the 80s and 90s, this is the best of all for me :)
Apr 17, 2018 12:57 AM
Jan 2018
from what ive seen so far.. its very accurate adapting the manga this time so if this goes on.. it will cover the whole elementary arc with a total 52 episodes separated in 2 seasons with 26 episodes each
Apr 17, 2018 9:35 AM

Feb 2018
This adaptation feels more realistic than original series, J or Road to 2002. And the pace is bit slower than original. it makes sense if they will adapt elementary arc in 52 episodes. But i hope they will adapt middle school arc too, maybe on the next season or series.
gadboyzApr 17, 2018 9:47 AM
Apr 17, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2016
Well, this is getting better each episode.
The animation is good enough to a sports anime.
That goal from one side of the field to the other was kind of dumb.
The music seems to be more bareble compared to the first two episodes. But I'm still waiting for them to play the acoustic ed over a game (like the original did with it's op (which is this one's ed (I think...)))...
Apr 17, 2018 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
Another episode, and I loved this one as much as the first ones! It makes me feel with 8 years old again!! It's following the manga and that's fantastic!
(One thing I thought was fun was the fact that Iwami and Manabu's hairs were so different from the original series!)
So, they're animating the whole elementary arc... I expect a sequel for all the next arcs!! I read the manga and they are amazing!
Apr 17, 2018 5:28 PM
Jan 2016
hassage said:
kaitonic said:

However, this episode was nice even if I prefered the 2 mlast episodes.

If diamond production handling of jojo has anything to go off by if this does great in japan like jojo did ( most likely will because its a remake of people's beloved franchise both anime and manga) this is not really a db kai but actually something new so japan probably loves this.

I think financially this is a smart move not only it take 2 years to finish the 52 ep however it gives the studio more time to adapt part 5 of jojo. also give part 8 more time and if araki does part 9 more time for that also.

They will probably switch between Tsubasa and Jojo
Apr 17, 2018 8:03 PM
Apr 2017
NEETazertyY said:
Well, this is getting better each episode.
The animation is good enough to a sports anime.
That goal from one side of the field to the other was kind of dumb.
The music seems to be more bareble compared to the first two episodes. But I'm still waiting for them to play the acoustic ed over a game (like the original did with it's op (which is this one's ed (I think...)))...

Well the field was probably much smaller than a normal football field, so him scoring that goal wasn't really dumb, it just shows how better he is as compared to the rest.
Great episode again , 5/5 . :)
Apr 17, 2018 8:36 PM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode, great adaptation so far.

The matches are actually animated, you have no idea how happy that makes me especially after watching Days, the presentation is superior in almost every way.
Keep it up David Production!

"The Ball is your friend" <3
This meant so much to me back as a kid, I really took these words to heart when I used to play. XD
Apr 17, 2018 8:50 PM

Jul 2017
This show has been the 'surprise' of the season for me and this episode was excellent.

I love football with all my heart but I didn't think I'd enjoy Captain Tsubasa as much as I would.

Tsubasa is OP but very likable and the match was great to see.

David Production is excellent at readapting classics. JoJos was very well handled and so far, I can tell Captain Tsubasa is well handled too.
Apr 18, 2018 2:07 AM

Nov 2016
Tsubasa getting out the best of the team he's playing with.

This show continues to have a good run.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 18, 2018 3:00 AM

Aug 2013
is this a remake? or just updated visuals?
Apr 18, 2018 4:30 AM

Nov 2016
Tsubasa is a talented kid.A new team was made only by himself. The match was cool showing Tsubasa's skills but also the others guys of how do they play and which flaws they have.
The packng was a bit slower but not that slow. That beginning of the episode with Tsubasa's mom was funny.
Apr 18, 2018 4:58 AM

Jan 2016
one of the best remakes I've ever seen, this makes me feel like a kid all over again!

The pacing is slower than I had anticipated but I don't mind if we get quality like this, also the opening has really grown on me. Who needs JoJo when we've got Tsubasa right?
Apr 18, 2018 7:21 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The first Tsubasa´s goal was amazing, cross all the field!!!!
Apr 18, 2018 7:41 AM

Mar 2015
Where do you watched the episode?
Apr 18, 2018 9:26 AM

Oct 2015
hey tsubasa if u heard weird noises at night its okay
Apr 18, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2012
crying bc its so good.......

i want like 30953290532 episodes of this series.
Apr 18, 2018 2:18 PM

Jan 2013
Freestyle80 said:
is this a remake? or just updated visuals?
Issa remake.

Great episode
Apr 18, 2018 2:48 PM

Sep 2016
This is a good adaptation so far, good job David Production.
Damn i wished more people could watch this show. I don't know what Viz Media was thinking, they license this show but they don't simulcasts it wtf :(

They are holding this hostage. Honestly worse than netflix imo
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 18, 2018 8:56 PM

Oct 2016
I'm loving this new series, favorite anime currently watching!
Apr 19, 2018 10:10 AM

Mar 2016
The goal tsubasa scored at first. Dope, man!!
This series is amazing with its quality and nostalgia. I just love football, and tsubasa purposely slipping the ball between his legs to ishizaki which fooled the defenders. That was perfection!
Apr 19, 2018 10:23 AM

Aug 2017
This series was literally my childhood along with pokemon, digimon and beyblade. It was because of this series my love for football increased more and more.
I have to praise how faithful this adaptation has been so far.
I am just so happy so see this series again I feel like I have 10/12 years old again
Apr 19, 2018 3:45 PM
Jul 2018
We all know that Ruberto is banging Tsubasa mom on the side while dad is at work.

Jokes aside, i liked the way they are displaying the teams with all the cards and the animation is pretty solid.
Apr 20, 2018 1:06 PM
Jun 2016
I was worried this might end up being a showboat anime, where the main char just blitzes through everything and is the greatest ever, and while he's a great char I love how in this episode he passes the ball, when he can't easily shoot he gives others a chance, yes he won the game, but he didn't let the team not have their moments to try to shine.
Apr 20, 2018 3:25 PM

Oct 2014
They finally start to cut animation here and there, but other than that so far so good.
But I wonder how will they cover the national tournament arc with this pace.

I wonder what's the plan for this franchise as a whole.
Apr 20, 2018 5:46 PM

Nov 2013
Revvie-chan said:
They finally start to cut animation here and there, but other than that so far so good.

The 3 episodes so far covered almost exactly the first 3 chapters of the manga, and Misaki appears in the 4th chapter so he will probably appear in the next episode.

If they are going to continue this pace the anime will end after the first arc, cause the manga ends it in the chapter 51 and the anime will have 52 episodes.
Apr 20, 2018 8:53 PM

Oct 2014
lucasnake said:
Revvie-chan said:

The 3 episodes so far covered almost exactly the first 3 chapters of the manga, and Misaki appears in the 4th chapter so he will probably appear in the next episode.

If they are going to continue this pace the anime will end after the first arc, cause the manga ends it in the chapter 51 and the anime will have 52 episodes.

heh? 52? confirmed?
Apr 21, 2018 2:44 AM

Dec 2011
lucasnake said:

The 3rd episode only cover chapter 3 page 1-36.So i guess episode 4 will cover the rest of chapter 3 and wee might get Misaki at end of episode 5 or even at episode 6..
Apr 21, 2018 12:03 PM
Jan 2018
Revvie-chan said:
lucasnake said:

heh? 52? confirmed?

yes at animenewsnetwork
Apr 21, 2018 4:50 PM

Oct 2014
Finnq8 said:
Revvie-chan said:

heh? 52? confirmed?

yes at animenewsnetwork

can't find it anymore on ann but some other sites quoted it.
Thanks.
Apr 21, 2018 5:40 PM

Nov 2013
kaitonic said:
lucasnake said:

The 3rd episode only cover chapter 3 page 1-36.So i guess episode 4 will cover the rest of chapter 3 and wee might get Misaki at end of episode 5 or even at episode 6..

Oh yeah my bad, i forgot ep 3 only covers half of the chapter, it actually ends on the page 23 so yeah probably he won't appear in the next episode.
Apr 22, 2018 4:55 AM

Aug 2014
I'm liking the series so far.
Do we know how much of the manga will this adaptation cover?
Because I really want to see the third national school tournament, J and 2002 had only the first tournament and skiped to the later parts after that, hope it won't be the case again with this one.
Apr 22, 2018 6:20 AM

Jun 2016
This was quiet a good.
I loved the pacing and the match. The team was really joyful at the end. I guess I'm going to enjoy this even though I don't often watch Sports anime.
Apr 22, 2018 5:16 PM

Jul 2016
I liked the match in this episode, and I can't wait to see more challenging ones! Also I think the OST is very good, it adds a lot to the scenes.
Apr 24, 2018 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
Cool episode and the match was quite fun to watch. Tsubasa is definitely another OP mc even though he looks kiddy, which is what I like about him :D
May 4, 2018 3:08 AM

Jan 2015
I love the atmosphere of this anime. Tsubasa is so pro. I love the remake and the adaptation.
Jan 12, 2019 1:32 AM

Dec 2015
I will never get used to the way everyone looks so oiled. The Predator style isn't always a good thing.
Anyway, a good way to introduce Tsubasa's effect on others.

4/5

About the "VIZ taking hostage bla bla", why would we be 100%entitled to be able to watch something right after its original country's broadcast? ...

@SeidouTZ @Nezperdian So many children were joking about that when I was younger. ^^"

@FMmatron Du hast diese Serie gefolgt. Wie war es?

November 2023, 5th
Ammoora94 said:
Why did they show us the father working abroad has a smart phone in the 1st episode if the father is sending letters for communications with his family.The 1st episode ruined the entire show.

They show this as a way to implant "softly" the events of an 80s manga series in the current world. Sure, they sometime keep actual letters but cellular phones keep appearing and being used too through the two "modern" series. Using postal letters might seem "weird" to some people but it is still very much a thing, be it for holidays or on other occasions, private or business.
How is this able to ruin an entire series?

Warning: the matches commentators often sound like a fantasy element if you think about them, given how they are present for such lunimportant matches and are so aware of simple primary or middle-school club players. In the second series, it sounds even more extravagant when you realise that there are commentators for friendly matches abroad and they are well ifnormed about very young japanese students. But it's not a problem, simply a narrative device.
Rei_IIINov 5, 2023 10:35 AM
Jan 12, 2019 5:17 AM

Nov 2016
Rei366 said:
I will never get used to the way everyone looks so oiled. The Predator style isn't always a good thing.
Anyway, a good way to introduce Tsubasa's effect on others.

4/5

About the "VIZ taking hostage bla bla", why would we be 100%entitled to be able to watch something right after its original country's broadcast? ...

@SeidouTZ @Nezperdian So many children were joking about that when I was younger. ^^"

@FMmatron Du hast diese Serie gefolgt. Wie war es?

I'm enjoying it a lot. David Production added some cool features to make it look flashier during plays and the narrator kills too. The team dynmaic is enjoyable as well, there might be less comedy compared to other sports anime, but I don't mind the least.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 13, 2019 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
Rei366 said:

I only starting thinking about that now with this reboot because at the time the original was airing that idea went completely over my head, and sense neither of the other kids in my school brought that up (off-topic:because we usually spend most of the time joking about Megabots power-ups due to the way the dub worded it sounded like a swear in our native language) i didnt really notice. But men watching now it is impossible to not see it in any other way XD
Nov 25, 2020 3:17 PM

Dec 2007
as i guessed, tsubasa is overpowered, and as it stand now his team is kinda sucks and he's the one to push everyone around, hope to see more from his teammate than him, we saw plenty of him already.

liked the idea of roberto, exactly as i thought myself.
Apr 15, 2023 4:33 PM
Sep 2022
it was ok but could be better so far
Nov 3, 2023 7:58 AM
Dec 2022
Why did they show us the father working abroad has a smart phone in the 1st episode if the father is sending letters for communications with his family.The 1st episode ruined the entire show.
Nov 9, 2023 7:00 AM

May 2012
Reply to Ammoora94
@Ammoora94

Manga is the from 1981... they did not have smartphone at that time

All these changes are made by anime producers

More topics from this board

» Can I enjoy this?

Kirukato05 - Feb 10

3 by JaysonNnN »»
Feb 11, 12:12 PM

» Are there any filler episodes?

BestWeebOT - Mar 23, 2023

2 by BestWeebOT »»
Mar 23, 2023 3:41 AM

» New season scheduled for October 2023

Klad - Mar 22, 2023

4 by davidyodo24 »»
Mar 22, 2023 9:44 PM

» First PV of 2nd Season and Studio Changes

Dbagas8 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by Dbagas8 »»
Mar 22, 2023 7:35 PM

» Is the announcement of the new season true?

GLabra92 - Mar 22, 2023

0 by GLabra92 »»
Mar 22, 2023 8:49 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.