Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2018 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I was expecting a study session but this turned into a gathering of fun with the characters.

Hiroe also looked better than her usual self with those clothes she wears. The sleepover is cute, seems everyone is just having fun and hanging out. I lol'd @ the scary story part. They made that look as dramatic as possible.
Feb 10, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well it looks like the sleep over went well and they even got some help with their study session.
The bathing scene was funny tho and there was also that scene with the screw.
Feb 10, 2018 10:33 AM

Jun 2015
The girls had a really fun sleepover. Hana was quite scared of that screw. The scary stories part was amusing. Tama was just so funny in this episode.
Feb 10, 2018 10:33 AM

Dec 2014
After this episode, Tama is my favorite. She's such a sweet and energetic girl. <3
Hiroe is a close second. XD

I love how all the girls had misconceptions about Hiroe before she taught them math. XD

Loved the scene between Tama and Hana by the sink.
Feb 10, 2018 10:34 AM

Apr 2016
Eiko is an expert in dating lol.
Feb 10, 2018 10:50 AM

Jan 2012
Study session sleep over! My goodness the yuri levels were off the charts this week! We got nipple discussion, ass slaps, and bathing together! Though unfortunately the only girl we didn't get to see bathing was Shion and her massive tits. Such a missed opportunity. I'm curious though...were they implying Tama's grannies are an item or do they really just live together? Either way Tama certainly took the spotlight, showing off cooking and comforting skills. So glad the mystery of the small screw was solved. XD
Feb 10, 2018 1:30 PM

Dec 2017
Wow a GBA SP in 2018. Tama was already my favorite but I like her even more now.

I would've expected a DS or 3DS though.
Reina_OrikasaFeb 10, 2018 3:19 PM
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Feb 10, 2018 2:57 PM
Jul 2016
Tama-chan with that backpack on makes me think she'll get run over and killed then forced to wander the streets as a ghost... but maybe that's just me. >.>
Feb 10, 2018 4:53 PM

Apr 2015
A nipple-cursing-screw, that's one scary ass screw XD

Tama is so energetic and a great cook!
Eiko is not just a player irl but also steals all the hearts in a Date Sim!
Feb 10, 2018 6:36 PM

Jan 2015
Oh no. I shouldn't thought about "ero" stuff for this anime even though they having a bathing session AND Hiroe join them too. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Jan 2012
Tama-chan was the star of this episode. Not only is she contagiously cheerful, but also very interesting.

We got the usual quota of subtle dirty jokes and implied yuri.
This episode was also overflowing with cuteness - the best so far.

Lolis FTW ~!
Feb 10, 2018 10:20 PM

Apr 2009
I...huh...WHAT IS WITH THIS SHOW?! We start the episode with a rather open-minded glance at Tama's home life with her two grandmas who seem to be domestic partners (or whatever the proper term is) and then we just go right back into the yuri moe bullshit played for laughs?! I honestly don't know what to think about Slow Start anymore!
Feb 11, 2018 2:31 AM

Sep 2015
Same good CGDCT as always but OH MY GOD WERETHE YURI CHARTS OFF THIS WEEK?!

I'd rate this ep Yuri/10
Feb 11, 2018 2:58 AM

Feb 2014
Tama might be energetic and crazy at times, but she's very considerate and also understanding too. Seeing her talking with her grandmother's to having the charming talk with Hana in the middle of the night as bumped her to my favourite character of this show.

Eiko's charm is definitely OP as hell. She never played Tama's dating sim game before and in a blink of an eye, she's pretty much conquered them all. =P

And as usual, the yuri-baiting and the talk about nipples and button imprints on Kamuri's face was certainly amusing.

Reina_Orikasa said:
Wow a GBA SP in 2018. Tama was already my favorite but I like her even more now.

I would've expected a DS or 3DS though.

Admittedly, I was thinking of the Nintendo Switch, considering how popular it is right now, but seeing the old GBA SP brings back nostalgic memories of my time playing Pokemon hours on end with it. =)
Feb 11, 2018 6:13 AM

Aug 2013
jlutholtz said:
I...huh...WHAT IS WITH THIS SHOW?! We start the episode with a rather open-minded glance at Tama's home life with her two grandmas who seem to be domestic partners (or whatever the proper term is) and then we just go right back into the yuri moe bullshit played for laughs?! I honestly don't know what to think about Slow Start anymore!

It's not played for laughs.
Feb 11, 2018 9:15 AM

Apr 2011
Tama-chan is energetic but she's a bit annoying sometimes.
Feb 11, 2018 11:30 AM

Sep 2013
Sleepover study session at hana's place, hiroe is smart and tama-chan a good cook :)
Horror stories but hana too afraid.
Feb 11, 2018 12:11 PM
Dec 2017
Hello, could someone explain what is the meaning of this series? Like 42 or to further world peace or an orphan and a bachelor uncle become a family or find father through photography or make circus or row gondolas or whatever else?
Feb 11, 2018 6:28 PM

Sep 2013
It felt like half of the episode was just rehashing jokes from when they first came over, or from when they met Hiroe. But at least some of the Hana Tama scenes were nice.
Feb 11, 2018 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
Anon028 said:
jlutholtz said:

In what way is it not? I'm pretty sure the interactions between Kamu and Eiko aren't meant to be taken totally seriously. I don't think smacking Hannen on the butt is meant to be anything other than humorous. Yes, the show has its serious moments, but this kind of juxtaposition between legitimately progressive imagery and jokey moe nonsense, like Kamu forgetting to wear a skirt, doesn't mesh well in my mind.
jlutholtzFeb 11, 2018 7:43 PM
Feb 11, 2018 6:57 PM

Sep 2013
jlutholtz said:
Anon028 said:

In what way is it not? I'm pretty sure the interactions between Kamu and Reika aren't meant to be taken totally seriously. I don't think smacking Hannen on the butt is meant to be anything other than humorous. Yes, the show has its serious moments, but this kind of juxtaposition between legitimately progressive imagery and jokey moe nonsense, like Kamu forgetting to wear a skirt, doesn't mesh well in my mind.
I can see where you're coming from, it has a lot of scenes that come off as natural, like it's the most normal thing in the world and isn't even worth addressing. And then other scenes that just come out of left field. Of course Kamuri would forget her skirt and that's a fine thing to do, of course she got a mark on her face from Eiko's cursed, hard, screw nipple.
It's a bit weird.
Feb 11, 2018 7:55 PM

Jul 2015
I hadn't thought about this before but Tama has a huge presence in this anime, so much so that she kind of overshadows the rest of the cast. As shes my favorite of the bunch, it makes me happy seeing her all energetic and happy. Also... Eiko's cursed, hard, screw nipple...
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Feb 11, 2018 8:06 PM

Aug 2013
jlutholtz said:

In what way is it not? I'm pretty sure the interactions between Kamu and Eiko

Oh man, just wait for next week, you got one girl right of those two, the other one, you'll see. I'm not sure if it's actually next week, but if it is, you'll know and you'll never call the yuri in this anime "jokey" again.
Feb 11, 2018 8:21 PM

Aug 2014
Tama is the best out of the 4 girls and i'm starting to get tired of the loli voice tbh.
Phenomenal Animation.
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Feb 12, 2018 5:26 AM

Jan 2013
jlutholtz said:
Anon028 said:

In what way is it not? I'm pretty sure the interactions between Kamu and Eiko aren't meant to be taken totally seriously. I don't think smacking Hannen on the butt is meant to be anything other than humorous. Yes, the show has its serious moments, but this kind of juxtaposition between legitimately progressive imagery and jokey moe nonsense, like Kamu forgetting to wear a skirt, doesn't mesh well in my mind.
I agree. The jokes are totally off-point, sometimes completely random to the point where it's not even funny. This show has a really weird tempo and I'm just not feeling it. It's like eating cookies with surprise ingredients in them, where the surprise is a bitter or spicy taste that is only there to disrupt the sweet taste.

That and the animation is just completely over the top. Way too much movement, very distracting. I actually hoped they would take the edge off the animation after a few episodes due to budget, but halfway in we're still getting an over-energetic vibe from this CGDCT show.
Syrup-Feb 12, 2018 5:29 AM
Feb 12, 2018 5:37 AM

Jun 2017
Tacsk0 said:
Hello, could someone explain what is the meaning of this series? Like 42 or to further world peace or an orphan and a bachelor uncle become a family or find father through photography or make circus or row gondolas or whatever else?

LOL I thought this one was about a girls' coping with being a year older than her classmates, which at that age can be quite an issue. But perhaps that didn't sell so well, so for the last two episodes it's become a generic yuri show. That has apparently raised the rating a bit.

Don't get me wrong. I love yuri. Fanservice? Keep it coming. And I have nothing against lolis - some of my best friends are lolis. However, I hope they return to the "slow start" thing before episode 12. I mean, it wasn't anything revolutionary, but at least the show explored an aspect of high school life that hadn't been utterly exhausted before in a dozen shows, and did it in very good taste in my opinion.

Feb 12, 2018 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
The girls had a fun sleep-over!
Tama-chan has vast knowledge of Galge!
4/5.

Feb 13, 2018 1:13 PM

Jun 2017
DuoraDoll said:
I hadn't thought about this before but Tama has a huge presence in this anime, so much so that she kind of overshadows the rest of the cast. As shes my favorite of the bunch, it makes me happy seeing her all energetic and happy. Also... Eiko's cursed, hard, screw nipple...

Tama kind of carries the show with Eiko imo. Compared to them our main girl is rather boring. (but cute nonetheless)
Feb 14, 2018 6:56 PM

Jul 2009
Tama is definitely best girl in this show :P I love her attitude, and man she really DOES seem responsible! Nice interaction between her and Shion, and then Hannen and the girls as well. I wasn't expecting a bath fanservice scene this episode :P The "scary stories" were funny, Eiko was terrible, and Tama was so into it lol. The scene between her and Hana at the end was nice too :3 Plus Tama gets her reward with an eel dinner at the end, nice! :D
Feb 16, 2018 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
While remaining in the canons, this series, each time, however, manages to be a little different from what I imagine, so I'm satisfied when I look at it. Hiroe seems to have become a stable character of the story and not just passing through, how nice! The two ninths of Tama are very nice, like the niece. The part concerning the bath with bath salts is nice.
Feb 16, 2018 11:22 AM

Feb 2007
Grandma yuri?

Hiroe still best girl, of course.

And more Kamu and Eiko, nice!

Eiko as the obvious choice for the player there, indeed... :D And with the expected results, of course.

She unexpectedly sucks at telling ghost stories, though...

Tama... Would be doing quite well if she wouldn't stop for the event CG. :D

That screw... And Tama with the galge philosophy. :D

Oi, don't set aside the traps, why would you do that? :P

Tama sure has an interesting way to sleep...
Feb 18, 2018 9:37 AM

May 2017
Tama confirmed gay af lol I thought she's just an otaku but after she showed her knowledge of galge and actually plays them hmmm best girl right there

this is definitely a Tama episode, heck every episode is a Tama episode, I agree with everyone here, Tama outshines the others but still not comparable to how Satania outshines Gabriel

And this episode, OTPs are hinted

HanaeTamae
KamuEiko

animefan8800 said:
Study session sleep over! My goodness the yuri levels were off the charts this week! We got nipple discussion, ass slaps, and bathing together! Though unfortunately the only girl we didn't get to see bathing was Shion and her massive tits. Such a missed opportunity. I'm curious though...were they implying Tama's grannies are an item or do they really just live together? Either way Tama certainly took the spotlight, showing off cooking and comforting skills. So glad the mystery of the small screw was solved. XD

Seems like the former and Tama's probably adopted by them without parents, make sense coz Tama is gay af
LairucremFeb 18, 2018 9:42 AM
Apr 14, 2018 9:21 AM

Jul 2009
Eiko is so good with girls that she is good playing dating simulators!
Aug 8, 2018 9:47 AM

May 2012
Fun episode again, quite loved that sleepover and that screw story :p up to the next episode!
Oct 17, 2018 5:42 AM
Jan 2014
lmao @ Tama-chan being so exclusive of the gal game heroine with an ex-boyfriend. Could she be more based?
May 20, 2019 6:53 PM
May 2019
This might be a little late, but I really liked this episode. Tama was being her usual self and she made Eiko play that dating sim game. I don't know know what was going on through her head when she had Eiko play that game, but Tama was genually surprised when Eiko maxed out the characters affinity levels in 5 minutes. Seriously, Eiko's charm is just WAY too op.
Feb 17, 2020 10:55 AM

Aug 2018
It seems that Tama and Shion quickly got along, didn't they?.. ;P Well, maybe they're happy that each other supports Hana, and also they are both good at house stuff like cooking.. So that's why they really got along quickly.. ;p
Eh.. There is nothing wrong in sweaters, though.. It's like Hana made some big deal out of Shion wearing school uniform.. Both Hiroe in her clothes of choice and Shion in school uniform look fine to me.. It's quite disappointing girls for some reason criticizing them.. There's no need in this exact place, I feel..
I actually hate baths myself.. I don't like hot water overall, it makes my head hurt sometimes.. Well, just my blood pressure changes.. So I quite dislike both baths and showers.. I can only take slightly warm showers, and still can get sometimes tired from this stuff..
Hm.. Tama says that you need to love only someone who loved only you and you alone, huh.. Didn't know Tama was yandere.. ;p Well, now I'll maybe know that she's not into Eiko then?.. As Eiko is.. em.. she plays around a lot, let's say it like this.. Including with Kamuri as well..
We all love something, and we all are scared of something. - Tamate Momochi.
- Quite a nice thing you said, Tama! ;P I'm impressed.. ;p This can actually help in cases of any fears sometimes.. I might remember this phrase for later, when I'll be nervous about something, for example, or for other cases.. ;p
Tama is probably best girl for me personally in this anime.. Even if usually I maybe not always like energetic girls.. But she's also quite smart and kind, not so her energy isn't annoying, it's not mischiefs usually, but just either be excited about world around, some ideas, people.. Well, as it seems to me.. All of girls can mischief sometimes, including Tama.. But it's not her central topic, it seems.. She's just a good energetic girl, really.. Instead of usual bad energetic girls.. Tama is really just a good girl.. ;p Of course, it's not the end, and others might get more wholesome and many other moments as well, as well as Tama can change.. But so far, with half of anime in - I enjoyed her the most so far personally.. ;P
Jun 27, 2022 11:36 PM

Feb 2020
I loved the yuri vibes in this episode.

"She just started playing, and all the girls are in love with her already!" Eiko and her yuri harem, hehe.

"But I still say don't got with one who has an ex-boyfriend!" Well said, Tama.

A screw that curses nipples. x3

Kamuri and Eiko sleeping together was my favorite moment. They are so cute. <3

That Tutankhamon scene was hilarious. x3
Jan 2, 2023 2:22 PM
Nov 2022
I am loving this anime so far, it's just so wholesome and sweet ♥
Love that Tama-chan is being raised by grandmothers. I have never seen that before ^^
Mar 16, 2023 7:39 AM

May 2022
This is a delightfully weird CGDCT show with a surprising amount of yuri fan service. The character of Tama is both fun and energetic, and lewd. Her hyperactivity frequently transforms into horny yuri energy.
Sep 22, 2023 10:03 PM

Jan 2022
One of the scenes reminded me of something. I blame that meme of drawing crying eyes like a certain character

mo_laveSep 22, 2023 10:06 PM
Dec 16, 2023 7:50 AM

Nov 2023
Typical "studying session" always turns into a friend group hangout

More topics from this board

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2018

46 by Tsune_3 »»
Mar 11, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

82 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

49 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:52 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2018

53 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM

Poll: » Slow Start Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2018

31 by nanajp »»
Dec 16, 2023 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.