Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Seven Deadly Sins
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 26, 2018 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, at least that drama settled without too much chaos. Gowther really made everyone worry though.

The small talk between Ten Commandments was interesting. Zeldris is such an intimidating character in this season.
We even got the appearance of a demon this episode and I have a feeling it's just a small taste of what's to come for rest of the season.

Meliodas and the Seven Deadly Sins are still badass as ever!
Jan 26, 2018 4:18 PM

Nov 2007
The fight ended quickly, and memory returned.

What? That heartless guy's real form is doll? Sakamoto-san's character seems to want him "think" about his mistake before turning back to human form.

KajiKaji's character and the princess again with that talk. The pig and titan girl on the princess's side on that and even the mask guy seems to know her feeling.

A huge strong monster attack. Sword broken, but got new one (or correctly, his original sword back, bought by Sakamoto-san's character). With that, his true power shown.

Suzuki-san's character used his blood to give growth to the forest? Since his life is made of the water. Then another huge monster attack?

Fight against that monster next.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 26, 2018 7:59 PM
Jan 2017
great episode 10/10. the taizai greatness is back
Jan 27, 2018 12:58 AM
Oct 2015
Looks like the ten commandments are finally on the move with those stone monsters, aside from that I thought the Gowther's drama would last longer.
Heckle was here...
Jan 27, 2018 2:45 AM

Jul 2014
Great ep as always, Meliodas finally got his sacred weapon back! Lostvayne!
Everything feels so different when you've read the manga and know what kind of stuff they had to go through...
Anyways a minor giveaway is...
That ED song has so much feels, more so when you've read the manga all the way to "that part" the song is literal, not in a normal way.
Jan 27, 2018 4:18 AM

Nov 2016
Great episode,with some action and Meliodas finally in possesion of his sacred treasure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2018 4:34 AM

Oct 2017
It was a good episode. They could’ve revealed estarossas face a little better but whatever. I’m not expecting anything in this season to be as good as the manga. I will say though, I loved the lostvayne full counter on that Albion.

Also, greyroads voice sounds a bit weird. I was expecting him to have a more deeper voice.
Jan 27, 2018 4:46 AM

Dec 2013
I liked the pacing a lot more in this episode.

Interesting reveal with Gowther. I want to know more about the guy who created him.

Meliodas was awesome using his Lostvayne against Albion.

Seems not all the fairies consider Ban as the Fairy King.

Meliodas can be really brutal sometimes.
Jan 27, 2018 6:59 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Gowther is a doll.
Meliodas was awesome as always, that attack was great.
Wow, Ban is watering the forest with his blood.
Jan 27, 2018 7:06 AM

Jul 2013
There is an scene who has surprised me in this episode respecting the manga, and is that, during the dream of Elizabeth, she dreams with what happens to be the Meliodas depicted by the wanted poster (who looks like an older version of him). While reading that scene in the manga,

Episode was cool and the battle of Meliodas against the Albion was fine. Now that Meliodas has obtained his Treasure, the level of the Sins has increased more.
Very excited for next episode, since, if the title is indicative of something,
Jan 27, 2018 7:45 AM

Nov 2014
There were so much characters to be discussed about in this episode.
Merlin is the core of the success of 7 Sins. She controlled Gowther. She kept the Sacred Sword. She protected Camelot.
Great to see Meliodas levelep up after wielding the Sacred Sword.
Ban gave everything he has, for the sake of Elaine and the forest.
Gowther just wants a heart. Poor him. But unfortunately, he took it in a wrong way.
Slader- knight who holds full loyaty towards King Bartra- is one of all supporting chars I like. Watching him joining the circle as a loss of Ban and King determined that he is just on par as the 7 Sins. Merlin trusts him.
Arthur was so reckless against the golem. he has to learn more from the Sins how to combat. Lol he has a cute side in him wanting to endear Meliodas.
Jan 27, 2018 9:43 AM

Jul 2014
This is old events so I really forgot, how many chapters did this episode adapted from the manga, like 4 chapters?

Also next week will be hype
Jan 27, 2018 10:32 AM

Apr 2014
They adapted chapters 113-116 in this one. Not too bad. Just feels fast though. Dang.
Jan 27, 2018 11:07 AM

Jan 2016
I've waited 4 (more like 3) years to hear that amazing OST again! Now Nanatsu No Taizai is really back!
Jan 27, 2018 11:16 AM

Jan 2018
Diane vs Gowther wasn’t much of a fight but good enough.

We get to see a taste of Meliodas Sacred Treasure, pretty sure he has a lot up his sleve.

The Ten Commandments on the move next episode, can’t wait for next week!!
Jan 27, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2018
Gowther real form is a doll? That's surprising.
Jan 27, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2014
Awesome action from Meliodas in this episode, it's amazing what he can do when he has his Sacred Treasure. The OST during that part was also really good. Looks like there's trouble in the Fairy Forest now....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 27, 2018 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
well the golems sure look strong
Jan 27, 2018 5:33 PM

Jan 2017
I'm remembering all the reasons why I love nanatsu no taizai

Why is it that I can only remember Slader as a twat, I mean the moment I saw him I was like 'he's that twat'

Meliodas learnt the kage bunshin no jutsu, woah

Gowther's been given a befitting history to his character, I pity him

Let's see who saves the forest?
Jan 27, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2015
Man, that infight between the sins member was a c*ck tease *sigh* and wow, I didn’t know that Gowther is a doll, he is tecnically Pinocchio... and talking about Gowther what he did to Guila & her lil bro. was despicable I was surprised at how easy Guulia forgave him also I wonder what Gowther did to Diane?
Jan 27, 2018 6:14 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Interesting, Gowther is a doll. I'm definitely interested in learning more about his origin now.

Merlin Onee-sama. <3

The action was awesome, Meliodas getting his treasure back and decimating that golem was great. The soundtrack was great too.
Fairy Forest is under attack now, King will probably defend it.
Jan 27, 2018 11:07 PM

Aug 2011
I'm disappointed with this season. It's not bad, its just not as good as the manga. I loved S1 of NnT but looking at it now I think one of the reasons why was because back then I hadn't read the manga. After reading the manga, I was amazed how much better it was then the anime (Ban's story as well as King and Diane where just as good in the anime if not better tbh).

They changed a lot in S1 and those changes are really hurting S2. The Dreyfus thing doesn't make sense as they skipped all his important scenes, Slader was irrelevant in the anime despite the fact he had quite some focus in the manga and interacted a lot with Gowther. There's just so much they did wrong. This season at first felt extremely awkward because of the stuff they're trying to fix from S1, and then they skip scenes that really added to the lore. Last episode for example, Jericho was supposed to ask King why if he was a fairy, how come he didn't have wings?

This episode has been by far the most disappointing. They completely ruined Estarossa's reveal. The anime's art just doesn't do it justice and the message the manga was trying to convey feels completely lost.

Here's a comparison:

Gee, doesn't that guy behind Elizabeth look a lot like Estarossa? Hmm...
You wouldn't be able to notice that with the animes crap art. If you haven't read the manga, I highly recommend you do. Start from the first chapter, the anime changed a lot. I love the manga and the anime does it no justice.
Jan 28, 2018 5:07 AM

Jul 2014
So, the Gowther battle the last episode bothered to end on a cliffhanger for literally didn't matter? What was actually the point of that, then? That being said, Gowther being a doll does explain why he survived the final battle in the first season. Also, good to see Meliodas finally get his Sacred Treasure back, and what a boost that gave him.
Jan 28, 2018 5:14 AM

Oct 2017
NovaLord said:
I'm disappointed with this season. It's not bad, its just not as good as the manga. I loved S1 of NnT but looking at it now I think one of the reasons why was because back then I hadn't read the manga. After reading the manga, I was amazed how much better it was then the anime (Ban's story as well as King and Diane where just as good in the anime if not better tbh).

They changed a lot in S1 and those changes are really hurting S2. The Dreyfus thing doesn't make sense as they skipped all his important scenes, Slader was irrelevant in the anime despite the fact he had quite some focus in the manga and interacted a lot with Gowther. There's just so much they did wrong. This season at first felt extremely awkward because of the stuff they're trying to fix from S1, and then they skip scenes that really added to the lore. Last episode for example, Jericho was supposed to ask King why if he was a fairy, how come he didn't have wings?

This episode has been by far the most disappointing. They completely ruined Estarossa's reveal. The anime's art just doesn't do it justice and the message the manga was trying to convey feels completely lost.

Here's a comparison:

Gee, doesn't that guy behind Elizabeth look a lot like Estarossa? Hmm...
You wouldn't be able to notice that with the animes crap art. If you haven't read the manga, I highly recommend you do. Start from the first chapter, the anime changed a lot. I love the manga and the anime does it no justice.

Completely agree! Why on earth would they fuck up the stuff with estarossa?
Jan 28, 2018 5:25 AM
Nov 2013
It's so dumb how meliodas got his treasure back. "Oh no my swords broke, what will I do!?" Merlin: "hey, here's that sword that makes you 10000000 more powerful that I've had this whole time, that you've never asked me for- and that I've never thought to give to you until now, even though it would have made the Hendrickson fight last season pathetic!" Meliodas: "thanks!"
Jan 28, 2018 6:56 AM
Jul 2017
crystalblade13 said:
It's so dumb how meliodas got his treasure back. "Oh no my swords broke, what will I do!?" Merlin: "hey, here's that sword that makes you 10000000 more powerful that I've had this whole time, that you've never asked me for- and that I've never thought to give to you until now, even though it would have made the Hendrickson fight last season pathetic!" Meliodas: "thanks!"
you just wait til next episode m8 the sword won't do much
Jan 28, 2018 7:26 AM

Jun 2016
Now it makes sense. So, Gowther is like Pinocchio who's a doll and wants to be a human, but with a heart. Hehe. So happy that the problem with Gowther was finally resolved, but what's happening to Diane? Is Gowther behind it? Suddenly, she felt foggy? Waaah. Not my Diane.

Can this show get rid of Ban already and with his love for Elaine? Jesus. I felt so relieved when they're not showing Ban being all over Elaine until they showed him at the last minute. Damn you, show. I'll seriously like Ban if he stopped being all over Elaine. Yeah, I'll forever rant about this stupid love.

Anyhoo, maaan, I love Merlin. She's such a freaking badass and so powerful. Reminds me of Bishamon a lot, heck my Bishamon is better, though. Hahaha. Well, yeah, I love Merlin. Keep being a badass, gal. Aaand we still don't know how powerful Meliodas is especially now his sacred treasure--Lostvayne--is back and it's been with Merlin. Yaas.

What if that Meliodas in Elizabeth's dream is the true form of Meliodas? Kyaaaa. But yeah the version in the manga is much better. What the fuck. They made him look like a buff teenager with that face. Lmao.

Damn those weird ass stone titans.

Honestly, this season is disappointing so far, but the Seven Deadly Sins especially Diane and King makes me want to hold onto this and not drop it.

4/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Jan 28, 2018 7:40 AM
Nov 2013
398288 said:
crystalblade13 said:
you just wait til next episode m8 the sword won't do much

Oh I read the manga- sword was bad writing either way
Jan 28, 2018 9:28 AM

May 2017
Meliodas sacred treasure is laaaame and wtf was that kagebunshin ripoff is he tryna be like Narutrash?
Jan 28, 2018 3:14 PM

May 2014
Pretty good ep. So Growther is a doll!! Now that makes more sense why he wanted to know about what having a heart feels like and what feelings are. I actually hoped the fight between Diane and Growther could last a bit longer. I felt it was too short. It only lasted for a couple of min., but it was settled right so I half satisfied.

Meliodas is OP as ever. Damn, he is strong. I think still up to now we haven't seen his full potential. Took him only 3 hit before he defeated that demon giant monster. He is strong. He is even stronger when he is with Merlin. But talk about copy and paste Naruto with that copy jutsu. It could have been a bit more original than that, but oh well this works too.

Poor Ban even sacrificing his life for Elaine precious land that meant so much her. Their love is pure and very good. Really my top ship in this series. Another giant is attacking the forest. I guess it's King's time to shine in the next ep. Maybe with his effort he will be nominated to the next Forest King? Can't wait to see the ep.
Jan 28, 2018 3:49 PM

May 2015
oouu so Gowther is some kind of magical doll. I see.

Wild golems appeard. Use grass type or water type moves guys. It's 4 times supereffetive.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 29, 2018 12:12 AM

Apr 2017
They revealed that Gowther was made from a doll. A huge golem attacked the entire village, but Meliodas settled down everything with his sacred treasure. At last scene, the fairy forest was attacked by another golem.
Jan 29, 2018 3:03 AM
Jul 2017
the clones have a weakness tho since the power is split
Jan 29, 2018 4:31 AM
Jun 2017
Great episode, from the Gowther's true form, and from Melioda's fight against golem were awesome...
Jan 29, 2018 3:26 PM
Nov 2017
Great ep. Meliodas getting his sacred treasure back whoop. Really enjoying the return of the sins to my viewing thus far.
Jan 29, 2018 6:39 PM

Jan 2008
Diane's stone doll jutsu hand gestures was pretty cool.

Nice to see them explain what Gowther is right after the episode I was questioning what he is.

So I'm taking it that Ban is the only one left without his sacred treasure?

Jan 30, 2018 12:08 AM
Nov 2016
Just curious, do manga fans like this show?
Jan 30, 2018 5:14 PM
Jul 2017
Well, Gowther being a doll is an interesting plot twist...
Jan 31, 2018 5:24 AM

Oct 2008
Another awesome intense episode!
Nice! Slader is back and temporarily joining the team!
Slader definitely has a thing to Merlin!
Oh no, something wrong is definitely happening to Diane! very noticeable!
Nice! new Sacred Treasure "Lostvayne"! cooL!
Meliodas Quintuple Full Counter was badass insanely magnificent!
So many demon beasts emerged! Even Fairy land is no exemption!
5/5.

Jan 31, 2018 5:45 AM
Feb 2016
Paul said:
Diane's stone doll jutsu hand gestures was pretty cool.

Nice to see them explain what Gowther is right after the episode I was questioning what he is.

So I'm taking it that Ban is the only one left without his sacred treasure?

Yeah,bans the only 1 who still doesn't have his ST. Click spoiler for manga updates.

thesarcasticguy said:
Just curious, do manga fans like this show?
I readed the manga,and i appreciate this series.
Jan 31, 2018 2:52 PM

Jul 2014

Yes, they're doing it justice for the most part, for me at least.
Feb 1, 2018 7:36 PM

Jan 2014
This show has no sense of pacing. Jumps from one thing to the next. First they were fighting, then the girl leaves, then a guy appears, then they go to their home/restaurant, then they go to Camelot, then they defeat a monster.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Feb 1, 2018 8:58 PM
May 2017
A little cheated, though, is still an episode. I was expecting more from Gowther's drama, I found it very fast. I thought we would have a longer duration and finally, I would like to know more respect from its creator. And I did not like his appearance as a doll. I found it rather rough.

The little fight between Diane and Gowther was fun, although super short.

Ban "giving" blood through the Forest. Beautiful.

Meliodas giving a show as always. Brutal!
Feb 4, 2018 9:39 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Golems!!! One in Camelot defeated and destroyed by Meliodas!! But the second appeared in the Fairy Fost!!!
Feb 6, 2018 4:19 PM

Oct 2015
That was an anticlimactic fight between Gowther and Diane ( ended quickly). And Gowther is a doll, now that was a surprise and I hope he joins them to the battle against the ten commandments. Meliodas was awesome in that complete annihilation of that golem, now I think he is one strong character( also glad he has his sacred treasure sword back). Next time its my favorite character's turn to shine, Ban.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 12, 2018 2:03 PM

Dec 2015
One of the Ten Commandments looks surprisingly similar to Meliodas' poster, there must be some reason for that...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 25, 2018 6:33 AM

Sep 2017
Well this episode was full of old memories and new interesting informations.
Especially, that this heartless one is a mere doll but so strong was like "Wow wtf is wrong" to me. Even the giants are interesting.

Mar 10, 2018 6:50 AM

Jul 2013
Woah didn't expect that about Gowther now I know why he's such a weirdo. Also that fight against the golem was badass. Can't wait for their fight with the 10 commandments.
Mar 10, 2018 11:45 AM
Jan 2015
Zelev said:
This show has no sense of pacing. Jumps from one thing to the next. First they were fighting, then the girl leaves, then a guy appears, then they go to their home/restaurant, then they go to Camelot, then they defeat a monster.

glad I'm not the only one feeling that way.
The writing is just strange.
THe first season was amazing, but this.
Mar 20, 2018 2:14 PM

May 2016
Gother is a doll well I'm surprised I knew he acted weird but being a doll ehhh.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2018

69 by Butterball2305 »»
Mar 16, 11:21 PM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2018

65 by hidingfrom_BIBI »»
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

Poll: » Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu Episode 24 Discussion

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

46 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:56 AM

» I love this season

removed-user - Oct 9, 2021

10 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:51 AM

» possibly unpopular opinion

NG_Chloe - Feb 3, 2019

7 by GearheadOtaku »»
Feb 6, 2:42 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.