Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 12, 2018 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, they introduced the cat guy this episode. Siluca seems to have a soft spot for the character. First half felt rather boring tbh with just more buildup from some of the recent events.

However, I will say the episode gave Aishela a flashy appearance I can't take her outfit seriously though I've only read the manga version but they kept her personality pretty consistent in this episode.

Action was okay. To say the least, Aishela is a capable fighter.

Jan 12, 2018 8:40 AM

Dec 2016
This show is going to have 24 episodes apparently which may help in making it a more fleshed out fantasy show. At the start of this show I was a bit iffy on whether I was going to actually like it or not, but after this episode I think I'm going to enjoy it and I'm looking forward to the next 22 episodes
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 12, 2018 8:47 AM

Dec 2014
A cat lord! *_*
It's good that they went straight for the action, and glossed over the internal politics stuff.
I guess they will slow down at some point, but so far I think the pace is fine. I haven't read the novels, so don't know if they skipped stuff.
Jan 12, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2016
Did they just become best friends ?

But at least there is a new girl in gang, and she even have shota for herself. I want to see more of that girl ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and that ship.
Jan 12, 2018 9:12 AM

Jul 2017
This was better than the first episode for sure. I wonder how far into the source material they will go? They will definitely go past the manga at this rate, but the LN should have enough content for 24 eps.
Jan 12, 2018 9:35 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
That new girl is pretty lewd and I like it ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

And yeah, I agree with the sentiments that this was better than the first episode....I really enjoyed the action scenes this time around and I like that the two parties decided to join forces

I'm curious about the people in the post credits scene though =o
Jan 12, 2018 9:44 AM

Jul 2012
Really different feeling than when reading manga, the similar thing is the confusion what and why is happening for half ot the time (all of the time). I think manga had more stuff to show so this felt beyond rushed. I think it's not that bad, just super mediocre and if not getting into the story it should be fine. I wonder if there will be some kind of explanation to mb understand something and should i really continue watching?!
Jan 12, 2018 9:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The villagers!!! It was a surprise too!!!
Jan 12, 2018 9:59 AM

Aug 2008
Crests, catch 'em all. Feels really rushed and it's hard to feel any investment.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jan 12, 2018 10:25 AM

Dec 2014
Decent episode

Caith Sith? They going full FF eh?

I liked the action in this episode but somehow I can't just help but feel the events taking place feel so contrived. Especially Siluca and the opponent mage's fight and Theo coming to help and even the end where the opponent Lord decided to join forces with Theo.

We definitely need more world building and exposition regarding crests, lords and what not.
Jan 12, 2018 10:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The pacing in this episode was much better. And new girl is quite hawt and a total maniac in a fight too.

"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 12, 2018 10:52 AM

Jun 2015
The cat was amusing. He's not too fond of Aishela because she makes him uncomfortable lol. She is quite the fighter. A neighboring nation attacked them, but they lost and made a contract with Theo. The action was pretty good.
Jan 12, 2018 11:11 AM

Dec 2016
What's up with that kiss of death scene? O_O How cruel, trying to kill an enemy like that >_>; No wonder he's terrifyed of that kiss...

Gotta love the cat lord X3 Nice episode by the way! I wonder how far Theo will go.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Jan 12, 2018 12:20 PM
Jan 2017
The action sequence in this episode was unremarkable and played it safe. At least it got to show Aishela is good in a fight, not to mention her perverted moment with that young soldier, who I'm pretty sure will play a role in future episodes. Also, it's very convenient that Lassic didn't actually want to become emperor, just so that Theo can have a quick victory. So far, Theo isn't doing anything to break away from the bland archetype light novel protagonists are accused of having, but at least his relationship with Siluca is interesting enough.
Jan 12, 2018 12:53 PM
Jun 2017
I didnt watch episode 2 (yet)but from what other ppl say they are already in the middle of the war? Seriously? Man that was rushed...!!! A-1 picture really rushed this anime..

Only 2 episode but already adapting 9 chapters (manga).. I wonder how many volume they will adaptated for this anime because they are soo rushed...
ForTheastJan 12, 2018 12:58 PM
Jan 12, 2018 1:43 PM

Nov 2013
Aishela looks awsome/badass, wanna see more of her!
Siluca introduced her as "Artist"(well.. atleast in my sub version) is it warrior class or something?
And what those expanding tattoo's are? i guess it enchants your body or smthing, but it kinda looks like curse, how does one get it?
"Yesterday's enemy is somehow... today's enemy as well..."
-Gintama
Jan 12, 2018 2:26 PM

Aug 2013
This is a major improvement over the first episode. But Aishela is the reason why my interest is hooked. Best girl alert. I just hope Theo improves as an MC because I literally can't get with this betacuck right now.
Don't believe the hype.
Jan 12, 2018 2:29 PM
Jul 2017
Im grinnibg a little too hard right now. First we get an awsome new ally then i see 24 episodes. Life is good at the moment.
Jan 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Dec 2016
When you become a lord and everyone else around you wants your head ans status, pretty tough life.

Luckily Siluca can summon a cat & has friend of her own to help out.

Aishela is one crazy woman but wow, she can really fight.

I thought that boy was going to get a literal kiss of death.

Moreno was a very tough opponent, would have liked to have seen more of that fight between him & Siluca.

Didn't expect Lassic to laugh & surrender like that, but he explained why.

either way it's another ally, the more the merrier & Theo levels up again.
Jan 12, 2018 3:31 PM
Sep 2017
I had a bad feeling Siluca wouldn't be able to win on her own. God dangit
Jan 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Nov 2011
BlackstarFallen said:
The cat was amusing. He's not too fond of Aishela because she makes him uncomfortable lol. She is quite the fighter. A neighboring nation attacked them, but they lost and made a contract with Theo. The action was pretty good.

I can't say I blame him after seeing him in that basket and disoriented. And Aishela looks like a valkyrie for hell. So that's at least a 6/10 on the fear boner scale.

Jokes aside, this was a solid episode. Pacing was good, world building, some character progression too, and new allies for the protagonists.
Jan 12, 2018 3:39 PM
Jul 2018
Whoa another battle came up pretty fast and Theo yet gets another victory with some little effort. I thought it was kind of fun episode especially watching this show with zero expectation(literally that everyone should do I think) and also somehow liking the direction this going so far since this is 2-cour (and also way better than manga).

Btw, the new girl Aishela is really something especially battling on with crazy battle outfit and her fighting style was.. interesting indeed (° ͜ʖ°) very looking forward to see that boi again in next battle with her very soon

removed-userJan 12, 2018 3:42 PM
Jan 12, 2018 3:40 PM

Jul 2015
The second episode didn't explain how the world works and the demon lord. I guess I should give up to have any explanation and accept that this is just about everyone getting each other crests.

Jan 12, 2018 4:55 PM

Oct 2012
this could have been nice if they had followed the manga
Jan 12, 2018 5:01 PM
Mar 2017
It bothers me a little that the protagonist has no opinion or make any decision (besides going to save the "princess" / waifu of the anime, although I do not dislike) ... although ... Who is the protagonist?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 12, 2018 5:14 PM

Jan 2014
The kiss lmao. That was... intense? Passionate?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 12, 2018 5:29 PM

Aug 2014
the fight was meh and looks like the main is pretty useless..
Jan 12, 2018 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
I really like the new female warrior. I hope they develop her.
The sword that takes life gives life
Jan 12, 2018 6:31 PM

Jan 2014
The way that women fought was ingenious...
I just hope they could explain the noble ranks...
This episode was definitely better than 1st ep.if this is getting 22 eps then,I am gonna enjoy it.
That cat was funny..lol
Jan 12, 2018 10:45 PM

Dec 2016
Decent ep the development kinda reminds me of Arslan Senki. My only gripe is Theo and Silica showing hints that they have a thing for each, that's too cliche.
Jan 12, 2018 10:57 PM
Nov 2017
Enjoyable episode. It wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it was able to establish the characters a little more and progress things fairly well. Looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 12, 2018 11:57 PM

Mar 2014
those soldiers sacrificed for nothing that they never expected their lord surrendered that quick.
Jan 13, 2018 12:05 AM

Nov 2016
The characters are starting to grow on me, but the pacing is way too fast. I hope they slow down after this.
Jan 13, 2018 12:24 AM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Lelouch0202 said:

Caith Sith? They going full FF eh?

Actually from my extremely limited knowledge of Irish folklore, the Cait Sith represented here seems to be closer to the myth than the FF7 version.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Jan 13, 2018 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
Hearing Matsuouka playing another "unscrupulous" character really excited me for some reason.

Looking forward to seeing where this show goes from here.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 13, 2018 1:08 AM

Feb 2015
I enjoyed the action this episode, Aishela seems...interesting.
Jan 13, 2018 1:27 AM

Jan 2009
FireCrauter said:
It bothers me a little that the protagonist has no opinion or make any decision (besides going to save the "princess" / waifu of the anime, although I do not dislike) ... although ... Who is the protagonist?

To avoid spoiling, let me just say this: One of _the_ main points of this show is to slowly and gradually develop the relationship between Siluca and Theo. Things will not always stay as they are now. Give it some time.

Keep in mind: At this point, Theo is still an unproven lord without experience and allies. So far he didn't all that badly simply following Siluca's lead.
Jan 13, 2018 1:59 AM

Apr 2014
Mentar said:
FireCrauter said:

To avoid spoiling, let me just say this: One of _the_ main points of this show is to slowly and gradually develop the relationship between Siluca and Theo. Things will not always stay as they are now. Give it some time.

Keep in mind: At this point, Theo is still an unproven lord without experience and allies. So far he didn't all that badly simply following Siluca's lead.

Pretty much. Until Theo gets more experiences and allies, he's best to follow Silluca who clearly shows she has the brains for strategies and tactics. Even then, she's also inexperienced as proven in this episode but she, too, is learning side-by-side with Theo.

Anyway, this episode felt like a big improvement over the first episode. I'm actually enjoying it a lot more now and really looking forward to the next one!
Jan 13, 2018 5:48 AM
Dec 2014
I kinda liked the episode but cannot help but to feel it was a bit rushed. I missed the scenes with the villagers because even though not a lot things happen they develop greatly Theo's personality as a Lord. Also, I kinda felt even the battles were a bit rushed.

Despite that, it was a rather good episode.
Jan 13, 2018 5:56 AM
Aug 2017
Improvement from the first episode and I quite enjoyed this. Some decent fight scenes and so far the characters are interesting. Will def keep watching now
Jan 13, 2018 6:48 AM
Apr 2016
Ok the demon kid just murdered some and no mention of it what-so-ever? Theo, I am a little disappointed. I can still feel the flame of passion burning in me, but it just got a little-something- dimmer.
Re:formed
Jan 13, 2018 7:17 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
So it looks like the news of Theo's new accent is finally spreading. Theo looks pretty surprised at the land that he inherited though which is understandable i guess. So Theo eventually decided to leave his hometown to try and save it huh. The look that Irvin gave when told Siluca actually has friends though. So the friend that was summoned was a cat in a cape huh interesting. Seems that Siluca is serious about the contract she has with Theo. Aishela sure is interesting. Silica's combat magic though not as flashy was well thought out and implemented. Aishela though really takes a fancy at the strangest things. But the enemy sure has plenty of skilled fighters as well like captain steel there. But man that was one outcome that was most unexpected. But its nice that Theo gains another ally for his fight though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 13, 2018 7:46 AM

Aug 2015
Even the characters say that Siluca's clothes don't match. The design of the characters is very similar to other series... But I have loved Aishela since the first time I saw her. I loved her personality and especially the voice acting. But that kiss on any character... Unnecessary, hateful. Maybe I'll watch the third episode to confirm my displeasure, but I'll probably drop the series here.
Jan 13, 2018 8:05 AM
Mar 2017
If he could go up from "level" to knight degree by killing a three-headed wolf, why not do it many times and go up more?
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jan 13, 2018 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
Jalter said:
Even the characters say that Siluca's clothes don't match. The design of the characters is very similar to other series... But I have loved Aishela since the first time I saw her. I loved her personality and especially the voice acting. But that kiss on any character... Unnecessary, hateful. Maybe I'll watch the third episode to confirm my displeasure, but I'll probably drop the series here.

U jealous someone can spread the love while u can't? That's is some nasty envy here.
Jan 13, 2018 8:28 AM
Apr 2016
FireCrauter said:
If he could go up from "level" to knight degree by killing a three-headed wolf, why not do it many times and go up more?

Because no where it says "the tiers of achievement do not change".
Jan 13, 2018 10:03 AM

Jun 2013
Cat is here...they already changed the chance to Theo see Siluca's silly side tough, but OK with that...

and AISHE IS HERE! Absolutely love Her....Bad Ass....and outright silly when it comes to Siluca...and Opponents she is interested in....and here are Moreno and RASIK/Lasyyk ARE HERE!!!! Personally like these 2...interesting Lord and Mage....and good Allies on Theos side...

Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jan 13, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2016
WTF Aishela finds romance that easily and boy she's quite a sadist.
Jan 13, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2009
Well this episode was a massive improvement over the first which was as bland/generic as possible.
Jan 13, 2018 12:09 PM

Oct 2011
Seriously it's too rushed. They skipped too many scenes and changed a lot of them:

1. They could have shown Theo seeing Siluca and the cat talking which in return makes her embarassed, but in the end Theo gets to know her better and her objectives. (CHARACTER GROWTH AXED)
2. Not going to villagers - so next episode we will see villagers coming to aid Theo in the huge upcoming battle? Really? They began to love their lord to even go and risk their life to the lord which they NEVER MET? (anime only) since in manga it is at least shown and you can understand their reasons to aiding him. (villagers come to love their lord + Theo's character growth AXED)
3. Battle itself was changed. In manga Siluca said TO NOT KILL ANYONE, anime made it KILL EVERYONE. Which already made it shit adaptation since Aishela and Irvin are OP and if they are allowed to kill VICTORY is 100% guaranteed for their side, but because in manga Siluca said not to kill THEY STRUGGLED HARD against their opponents. (CRITICAL CHANGE to story and outcome to battle)
4. During Siluca Moreno fight, Moreno blamed Siluca that because of her, Theo will die, because she is far too arrogant and thinks everything will always go her way, which in return makes her feel guilty about it that she put Theo in such situation which he never even thought to be in. (CHARACTER GROWTH ONCE AGAIN AXED)
5. Siluca vs Moreno fight. They axed the part of Siluca being defeated which is why Theo came to her aid. In anime he came because "he can see which side is winning". Of course it's his side which was winning... since both evil seal users ARE ALLOWED TO KILL, so he coming to aid was pointless... (Theo's reason to come aid her AXED)

I can't even bring myself to like where this anime is going, even if I like the story and characters. It's simply too painfull to see an anime which has potential to be good ruined like that, because some morons decided to rush it. If it's 24 episodes why rush it!? How can anime be good if you ruin characters personalities, axe their growth, world building etc. just for the sake of "action".
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

53 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 30, 3:44 AM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2018

62 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 10:42 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 26, 2018

99 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 19, 2018

85 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 10:14 PM

Poll: » Grancrest Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2018

182 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 29, 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.