Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 11, 2018 6:57 PM

Feb 2012
Excited that this is finally out!!! Was this something you guys were looking forward to this season?
What makes me even more excited is that Netflix decided to simulcast the series!!!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 11, 2018 7:06 PM

May 2010
I'm excited to see how the buffoons on this site manage to come up with reviews scoring it the inevitable "3" and "4" with their unprecedented bitching and moaning about how;

a. IT didn't live up to its "hype"
b. "Style over substance"
c. Anime is dying, mainstream casuals taste sucks, blahblahblah

Queue; you're up @andocommando @sterl1 @veronin @zephsilver @Captain220

I'm impatiently waiting :)

If anyone does not love the Lord
Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 11, 2018 7:07 PM

Dec 2017
I dont even know that this anime was going to be out.
Should i watch it?

i like avocados on toast 
Jan 11, 2018 7:08 PM

May 2010
LeiLH said:
I dont even know that this anime was going to be out.
Should i watch it?

Sure why not. It's got Kyoto' Ani's unprecedented visuals accompanied by a masterclass award winning source material.

This has all the ingredients of a masterpiece.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 11, 2018 7:21 PM

Dec 2016
BararaqSaiqa said:
What makes me even more excited is that Netflix decided to simulcast the series!!!

Tfw I live in the US and my Netflix isn't simulcasting

Decent first episode tho.

What's the difference?
Jan 11, 2018 7:25 PM

Aug 2017
Johan said:
I'm excited to see how the buffoons on this site manage to come up with reviews scoring it the inevitable "3" and "4" with their unprecedented bitching and moaning about how;

That's where the REAL show begins. =^)
Jan 11, 2018 7:26 PM
Jun 2017
I don't know man
Violet Evergarden is probably the most hype show out there right now
it got top rank with just the promotion, like WTF

would probably still watch it, but i'm will just wait till it finish airing
Jan 11, 2018 7:27 PM

Apr 2017
Long_Ng said:
I don't know man
Violet Evergarden is probably the most hype show out there right now
it got top rank with just the promotion, like WTF

would probably still watch it, but i'm will just wait till it finish airing

I'm curious whether or not the show will retain its score by the time the season is done airing lol
Jan 11, 2018 7:31 PM

May 2010
Daeamon said:
BararaqSaiqa said:

You know what else the USA doesn't have?

Universal health care, a free & open internet, a living wage to people who work full time jobs, free post-secondary education, etc.

Time to go cross the Atlantic ;]

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 11, 2018 7:36 PM

May 2012
probably the best show in some time. easily better than most of the favorites of elitists.
Jan 11, 2018 7:36 PM

May 2010
PoeticJustice said:
probably the best show in some time. easily better than most of the favorites of elitists.

B-b-but my Ping Pong the Animation ;-;

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 11, 2018 7:38 PM

May 2012
Johan said:
PoeticJustice said:

trash. ugly art. ugly chracters trash.
Jan 11, 2018 7:40 PM

Oct 2013
Well, the visuals does look pretty.
Jan 11, 2018 7:40 PM

Feb 2012
PoeticJustice said:
Let's just hope and pray that it continues to impress and doesn't become something that makes absolutely no fucking sense.. great first ep though man, that last bit was a tear jerker.

Johan said:

Lol only time will tell fam.... but you're right, it is inevitable
Jan 11, 2018 7:47 PM

Jun 2015
Looked pretty good even though not a whole lot happened.
:)
Jan 11, 2018 7:53 PM
Jul 2018
I've been part of the hype train, but literally nobody has explained why this anime will be great, aside from its visuals.
Jan 11, 2018 7:57 PM

Dec 2016
Johan said:
Daeamon said:

You know what else the USA doesn't have?

Universal health care, a free & open internet, a living wage to people who work full time jobs, free post-secondary education, etc.

Time to go cross the Atlantic ;]

I don't give a shit about those things, but Netflix not simulcasting Violet Evergarden has finally done it. I'm packing my bags tomorrow.

What's the difference?
Jan 11, 2018 7:59 PM
Jun 2016
I'm sooooo excited. They say it's amazing story and amazing art.
Jan 11, 2018 7:59 PM

Nov 2016
NihilisticLoner said:
I've been part of the hype train, but literally nobody has explained why this anime will be great, aside from its visuals.

Haven't seen it yet (and I know almost nothing about it so I could be wrong), but I think it's adapted from an award-winning novel. The people hyping it up probably read it, or saw the first 3 episodes at that event a few months ago.
Jan 11, 2018 8:06 PM
Jul 2018
Nomar_95 said:
NihilisticLoner said:

Haven't seen it yet (and I know almost nothing about it so I could be wrong), but I think it's adapted from an award-winning novel. The people hyping it up probably read it, or saw the first 3 episodes at that event a few months ago.

I mean I love pretty visuals, but mainly when those visuals actually say something, about the overall anime.
So far, the only thing the visuals seem to communicate to me, is that it's going to be, "very tenderly sad and feelzy". And drama is a genre I've been skeptical of for the past few years (you kind of grow to get sick of it after transitioning to adulthood)
Jan 11, 2018 8:53 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly, once I get to watching it, I’ll probably fan over the visuals hard. I’m already gushing over screencaps without even seeing them in motion.
Jan 11, 2018 9:15 PM

Jul 2014
@johan

As long as you promise to misconstrue self-defecating humor that's literally based on a basic Buzz Killington joke and box me in as your Izen villain despite that top 100 you've already seen and the convo we've already had, then don't worry kiddo, I'll make sure I shit on it with the same level of laborious fixation you dedicate towards jumping the gun :)
Jan 11, 2018 9:58 PM

May 2015
Did they decide to simulcast it in the USA or you just live somewhere else?

PoeticJustice said:
Johan said:

Oh please, as if someone who rates Shitcom a 1 can tell the difference between trash and good. smh.
zalJan 11, 2018 10:13 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2018 10:07 PM

Apr 2011
It's gonna be hilarious if this bombs, what with all the hype you people kept piling up on it.
Jan 11, 2018 10:11 PM

Dec 2013
Is the source material really good or something? I like the genre combo and am looking forward to it, but I don't get the hype. Why this particular show?
Jan 11, 2018 10:26 PM

May 2016
Gymkata said:
Is the source material really good or something? I like the genre combo and am looking forward to it, but I don't get the hype. Why this particular show?

It's a KyoAni non-high-school anime based on a source that is at least above-average.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Jan 11, 2018 10:40 PM

Nov 2007
Well, VE is the only LN out of all the LN adaptations from KyotoAnimation which is said to have won the Grand Prize from KAI. The jury actually quoted the LN to be one of a kind that will capture the heart of anyone who read it, at least by one of the short stories in it, if not, by all of them. And then there is Violet's own story.

Note that VE won the award because of the short stories it contained and not just because of Violet's own story which we saw a glimpse of in the first episode. The stories of her clients moved the jury enough to award it the Grand Prize. Violet's own story is just the cherry on top of a cake which we are yet to experience.

Of course Netflix was going to license it knowing how popular it might become. Those who read the LN all said it is worth an 8/10 or better.

I personally have been resisting myself from reading it because I want to experience and enjoy the anime without knowing much. The same reason why I don't read other LNs or novels when they are/were animated. For e.g. Oregairu, Saekano, Hibike! Euphonium etc.

Also, since it's gonna be a complete adaptation as the LN has finished, there is very little chance of wronging it since they already have the entire content to animate.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 11, 2018 10:44 PM
Jan 2018
The animation is so pretty I want to cry ;-;
Jan 11, 2018 11:41 PM

Mar 2014
It was sleep inducing. People only like it because of the art/animation
PoeticJustice said:
Johan said:

You have it in your favorites and you haven’t even watched Violent Evergarden. Stop trolling lmao
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 12, 2018 2:40 AM
Aug 2016
Johan said:

^LMFAO

OT: Damn, Violet Evergarden has made a pretty damn good first impression on me and I look forward to seeing more episodes.
Jan 12, 2018 2:45 AM
Aug 2016
I'm excited because it's available on Netflix for about the entire world, except the US, the bad kind of excitement, the one that makes you want to punch a wall.
Jan 12, 2018 2:45 AM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
Well, VE is the only LN out of all the LN adaptations from KyotoAnimation which is said to have won the Grand Prize from KAI. The jury actually quoted the LN to be one of a kind that will capture the heart of anyone who read it, at least by one of the short stories in it, if not, by all of them. And then there is Violet's own story.

Note that VE won the award because of the short stories it contained and not just because of Violet's own story which we saw a glimpse of in the first episode. The stories of her clients moved the jury enough to award it the Grand Prize. Violet's own story is just the cherry on top of a cake which we are yet to experience.

Of course Netflix was going to license it knowing how popular it might become. Those who read the LN all said it is worth an 8/10 or better.

I personally have been resisting myself from reading it because I want to experience and enjoy the anime without knowing much. The same reason why I don't read other LNs or novels when they are/were animated. For e.g. Oregairu, Saekano, Hibike! Euphonium etc.

Also, since it's gonna be a complete adaptation as the LN has finished, there is very little chance of wronging it since they already have the entire content to animate.

I appreciate all the inside detail into this - this has been one of the key points I myself have reiterated (that the LN iss an award winning source material).

I too agree with you, i prefer to watch works animated rather than reading the source material, so to each their own.

One thing's for sure this is absolutely atop the list of things i'm potentially interested in this year.

Aslt said:
Johan said:

^LMFAO

OT: Damn, Violet Evergarden has made a pretty damn good first impression on me and I look forward to seeing more episodes.

Also do i get bonus points for making this guy laugh with my response LOL. I feel honoured >///>

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 12, 2018 2:50 AM
Aug 2017
I've been looking forward to it for a long time . I dont care if it doesn't live up to the hype for others , i will watch it without a doubt .
Jan 12, 2018 2:58 AM
Jul 2018
Kyoani does a good job for not following novel at the early episode and made a change with the story-telling (give a little backstory about Violet).
Jan 12, 2018 2:59 AM

Jan 2017
I went from extreme intrigue to bitter disappointment after the 1st episode. Maybe it'll get better.. maybe.
Jan 12, 2018 3:07 AM
Aug 2016
@Johan

Well, that's good... I think? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't know why you would feel honoured though.
Jan 12, 2018 3:21 AM

May 2010
Aslt said:
@Johan

Well, that's good... I think? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I don't know why you would feel honoured though.

Everytime i see you you're a real cynical guy haha. So I think it's nice to make you laugh <3

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 12, 2018 3:37 AM

Jun 2016
@Johan

After that first episode, you might just get your wish cause, oh dear, that was not good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 12, 2018 3:42 AM

May 2010
AndoCommando said:
@Johan

After that first episode, you might just get your wish cause, oh dear, that was not good.

LOL don't worry as i mentioned in my post your hate was more inevitable than Donald Trump cutting taxes for corporations.

Jesus Christ
Let him be accursed
O Lord, Amen!
Jan 12, 2018 3:47 AM

Jun 2016
Johan said:
AndoCommando said:
@Johan

LOL don't worry as i mentioned in my post your hate was more inevitable than Donald Trump cutting taxes for corporations.

This isn't just because it ain't living up to the hype, but because I legitimately found that first episode really fucking bad, even on a technical standpoint it was not good, especially for KyoAni standards. I'm just hoping that it improves.
Jan 12, 2018 5:31 AM

Oct 2015
Oh sweet Lord, now I can see it at a lower rank now.

π”šπ”žπ”«π”«π”ž 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠π”₯ 𝔢𝔬𝔲,
π”šπ”žπ”«π”±π”¦π”«' 𝔢𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ π”žπ”©π”© π”ͺ𝔢 π”ͺ𝔦𝔀π”₯𝔱

Jan 12, 2018 5:32 AM

Apr 2017
Saw the episode one and wasn't that good. Only visuals are good.
Jan 12, 2018 6:06 AM
otp haver πŸ€ͺ

Jul 2017
It looks nice and I know KyoAni did it so it has clearance to be good but I won't get to it until it's over.
Jan 12, 2018 6:14 AM

Sep 2012
@Johan

Let me give you a secret.

Just because you like it doesnt means everyone will like it.
Just because it has awards doesnt makes it good.
Just because it has good visuals we cant rate it high.

I hope that wasnt too much for you. You dont have to be a hater to rate low. Shockingly.
Jan 12, 2018 6:19 AM

Nov 2014
Wow is Violet Evergarden finally here? I couldn't tell, it's not like it's already causing massive shitstorms on the website, has numerous threads and previews made on it and already got a bunch of people salty as fuck.
Jan 12, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2017
Johan said:

Oh for fucks sake i thought we were done with this "MUH elitists" bullshit ages ago. plz stahp.
Jan 12, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2016
I never thought that it was a big hype, though I'm pretty much the same with them as of now since I've read the first half of the story, I'm more interested on how they will capture the hearts of people. It made me teared up a bit but it didn't made me cry while reading the Novel with Sawano's Sad Music. Honestly I think the 2nd and the 3rd episode would make the anime sky rocket if they will adapt the original beginning, those stories can definitely make a normal person cry.
Jan 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Feb 2017
sasalx said:
@Johan

Let me give you a secret.

Just because you like it doesnt means everyone will like it.
Just because it has awards doesnt makes it good.
Just because it has good visuals we cant rate it high.

I hope that wasnt too much for you. You dont have to be a hater to rate low. Shockingly.

From what I've seen lurking, it honestly looks like he considers his opinions to be irrefutable facts, like the one time he claimed Kirito to be one of the top 10 characters of all time or something, and no one had yet "proven him wrong".

Maybe one day ten years down the line he'll reveal he's been trolling, and all of MAL will applaud him as the greatest of all time but till then...don't bother.

OT: drama isn't really my thing, but I have high hopes VE will cross that barrier, and amazing visuals are always a plus.
"Dirty, money-grubbing Clorfors. Tried to clorf me right out of my money. Blew those little bastards up is what I did!"
Jan 12, 2018 2:33 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Its pretty decent so far, but its not that good.
Jan 12, 2018 6:02 PM
Feb 2016
Johan said:

Reviewing VE doesn't sound like a bad option, but i already have my sights set on Darling in the FranXX. Whether it gets roasted or not remains to be seen but i assure you you'll be the first one to know. ;)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2018

617 by AMazingWay »»
Apr 22, 5:27 PM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2018

244 by _Anime-Lover-44_ »»
Apr 15, 1:02 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 17, 2018

422 by TabbyPog »»
Apr 5, 2:36 PM

» Do you love Violet Evergarden? ( 1 2 )

Stacias - Jul 19, 2022

90 by Zarutaku »»
Apr 5, 4:41 AM

Poll: » Violet Evergarden Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2018

239 by AdrianRawr »»
Mar 30, 6:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.