Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 93 94 [95] 96 97 » ... Last »
May 21, 2018 5:54 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
staina said:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
@SheyCroix could you recommend me something?
Thanks <3

Sure ♥
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5984/Ristorante_Paradiso
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28149/Nihon_Animator_Mihonichi

yme1983 said:
Can someone tell me what constitutes an 'Original' anime for the challenge? I'm new to this whole challenge thing.

Original series that are stated with the source as that. An example would be
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8115/Uchuu_Show_e_Youkoso

check in the information area (left side, below picture and alternative titles) that it has: Source: Original

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 21, 2018 5:59 PM

May 2018
SheyCroix said:
staina said:
(102) Watch an anime recommended to you by a challenge staff member
@SheyCroix could you recommend me something?
Thanks <3

Sure ♥
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5984/Ristorante_Paradiso
https://myanimelist.net/anime/7662/Shinrei_Tantei_Yakumo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20431/Hoozuki_no_Reitetsu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu
https://myanimelist.net/anime/28149/Nihon_Animator_Mihonichi

yme1983 said:
Can someone tell me what constitutes an 'Original' anime for the challenge? I'm new to this whole challenge thing.

Original series that are stated with the source as that. An example would be
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8115/Uchuu_Show_e_Youkoso

check in the information area (left side, below picture and alternative titles) that it has: Source: Original

So is there a way to search up original anime or do I just have to check each one to see if it's original?
I think people should try to ignore their race, and just treat each other as equals. -- Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist
May 21, 2018 6:00 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
yme1983 said:
So is there a way to search up original anime or do I just have to check each one to see if it's original?

If you go and check the challenge list post with the explanations, there's a link that has several original titles listed (in that item).
Sorry, I don't have that post open to paste the link.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 21, 2018 7:07 PM
osmamthus wine

May 2014
I have a question: I changed my name half-way through the challenge. For the ones where I need a screenshot with my username as evidence (such as "Watch an anime suggested by MAL or by Anime+ "), do I need to redo those ones? Or am I still okay?
OfDeathandLoveMay 22, 2018 11:07 AM

落ちていく涙さえ偽りと引き換えに
言い訳を繰り返してを生きる
この悲しみの果てにある明日は
怯えてるこの心ただ蒼く染めてく
に塗れた美しき世界で霞ゆく眩しさに
手を伸ばそうとを仰いだ
May 22, 2018 5:05 AM

Aug 2017
For challenge #107: finish a dropped or on-hold anime. The rules state that you need to watch something you dropped before July 2017, and that you should have screenshots to prove it. I didn't join mal until August of 2017, so i don't have any proof of when i started the show i used for that challenge. What should i do in that case?
If I had a nickel for every anime that began airing on October 9th 2022 that started with a B and ended in "ock", I would have two nickels.
That's not a lot, but it's funny that it happened twice.

May 22, 2018 5:41 AM

Jul 2014
@DistructiveNick
Change this item for another one from the same tier.
May 22, 2018 6:49 AM
Jan 2014
Hey there ya'll I was thinking about doing the anime challenge of watching an anime between 1917 and 1959. And the other one of 1960 to 1979. Does anyone know of any that would be good from these times to watch? And preferably legal as well? I also have VRV, netflix, and Hulu. If that is of any help.
May 22, 2018 7:28 AM

Nov 2014
SakaRaki said:
Hey there ya'll I was thinking about doing the anime challenge of watching an anime between 1917 and 1959. And the other one of 1960 to 1979. Does anyone know of any that would be good from these times to watch? And preferably legal as well? I also have VRV, netflix, and Hulu. If that is of any help.
I watched Kumo to Tulip for the 1917-1959 challenge last year and it was pretty enjoyable for what it was. Nothing spectacular, and I had to watch it without subs but it was short and decent enough.

I've heard Lupin III is pretty good for the 1960-1979 challenge, but I can't necessarily vouch for it. (I plan on watching it for my challenge item).

Good luck finding anything pre-1979 legally. Streaming sites tend to not go back that far, so the only way would be finding old physical copies which could get really tricky. Personally, I'd say to grit your teeth and go by less moral routes, but I get that some people really have a problem doing so.
May 22, 2018 7:59 AM
Jan 2014
abhutrash said:
SakaRaki said:
I watched Kumo to Tulip for the 1917-1959 challenge last year and it was pretty enjoyable for what it was. Nothing spectacular, and I had to watch it without subs but it was short and decent enough.

I've heard Lupin III is pretty good for the 1960-1979 challenge, but I can't necessarily vouch for it. (I plan on watching it for my challenge item).

Good luck finding anything pre-1979 legally. Streaming sites tend to not go back that far, so the only way would be finding old physical copies which could get really tricky. Personally, I'd say to grit your teeth and go by less moral routes, but I get that some people really have a problem doing so.

That sounds good. And I am hoping to find something on YouTube. Since anything I think like before 1940 is in legal domain. I will look far and wide for your recommendation though. Thank you as well for Lupin III. I will certainly give that a watch.
May 22, 2018 8:40 AM

Nov 2014
SakaRaki said:
abhutrash said:

That sounds good. And I am hoping to find something on YouTube. Since anything I think like before 1940 is in legal domain. I will look far and wide for your recommendation though. Thank you as well for Lupin III. I will certainly give that a watch.
Kumo to Tulip is easily found on YouTube, so you good there. :D
May 22, 2018 9:30 AM

Apr 2010
G00bster said:
Hey All,

If possible I need 2 recommendations!

(31) Watch a Featured Anime:
(52) Watch a completed anime with less than 2,500 completed members:

Features anime has something to do with Featuers Articles?
If so, I think most animes are mentioned. Here some anyway:
Aktatsuki no Yona
Psycho-Pass
Sakamichi no Apollon
Pandora Hearts
Tears to Tiara

About less than 2500, that what I found:
Sekai Meisaku Douwa: Hakuchou no Mizuumi
Ginyuu Mokushiroku Meine Liebe Wieder (2nd season):

yme1983 said:
yme1983 said:

If you enter an anime page, you can say its origin. Sometimes, it's not based on anything, so it original. (other options: manga, novel, light novel, games, music) Some examples:
Psycho-Pass
Endride
Project K
Re:Creators
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

May 22, 2018 9:31 AM
Jan 2014
abhutrash said:
SakaRaki said:

Kumo to Tulip is easily found on YouTube, so you good there. :D

Oh than you so much!! I am at work right now. So you just saved me some time looking it up haha
May 22, 2018 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
@SakaRaki
abhutrash said:

This is an official website from the Japanese Government which archives a bunch of really old anime shorts. It's quite a good (and entirely legal) source for those.
May 22, 2018 10:49 AM

Nov 2014
Jhiday said:
@SakaRaki
abhutrash said:

This is an official website from the Japanese Government which archives a bunch of really old anime shorts. It's quite a good (and entirely legal) source for those.
Ooh, awesome. Thanks for the resource.
May 22, 2018 11:31 AM

Jun 2010
Would Mugen no Ryvius fit this? It began airing in Oct 6, 1999 and finished in Mar 29, 2000.

(46) Watch an anime which began airing between 1990 and 1999.

Or does it need to be an anime that started airing before 1999?
May 22, 2018 12:31 PM

Jul 2014
@Catexia
It works for #46.
May 22, 2018 1:00 PM

Jun 2010
@mozgow
Alright, thanks!
May 22, 2018 8:23 PM
Dec 2016
Can someone help me with (27)? Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread
May 22, 2018 11:12 PM

Oct 2016
I just realized that the special character tab does not include the ! so the show I chose will not work. All the other shows I can think of do not work either. It can't be a keyboard character, I guess. Does anyone have any suggestions?
May 22, 2018 11:13 PM

Aug 2017
LostInKos-Mos said:
Can someone help me with (27)? Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

Made in Abyss
Sakamichi no Apollon
Toradora!
May 23, 2018 2:06 AM

Feb 2018
KaRue3 said:
I just realized that the special character tab does not include the ! so the show I chose will not work. All the other shows I can think of do not work either. It can't be a keyboard character, I guess. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Yuru Camp△
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭: Koi to Junjou no Service-kai
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV)
May 23, 2018 3:21 AM

Jul 2014
KaRue3 said:
Lucky☆Star ?
May 23, 2018 8:25 AM

Dec 2007
G'day, people! I have a question about the challenge 83.

I want to watch Lupin III - Cagliostro no Shiro, but I didn't watch Lupin III before. It's a parent story, not a prequel or a sequel.

It's valid for the challenge? Thanks!
May 23, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
Nyarlathotep said:
G'day, people! I have a question about the challenge 83.

I want to watch Lupin III - Cagliostro no Shiro, but I didn't watch Lupin III before. It's a parent story, not a prequel or a sequel.

It's valid for the challenge? Thanks!
You're good to watch it. Unless it's specifically stated in the challenge like Item #79, whether or not you've watched related works is irrelevant.
Hope that helps!
May 23, 2018 9:48 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Hey there everybody, just poppin' in real quick to ask if Strike Witches is eligible for challenge #61; Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth ?

Thank you!
May 23, 2018 10:01 AM

Jul 2016
Hey! If it says "completed anime" in an item, does it mean it has to be a regular TV anime? Or can it be a movie or OVAs, etc?
May 23, 2018 10:07 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Yta_kawaii said:
Hey! If it says "completed anime" in an item, does it mean it has to be a regular TV anime? Or can it be a movie or OVAs, etc?

If I remember correctly, it can be any type unless specified otherwise.
May 23, 2018 10:14 AM

Jul 2016
Ranacchi said:
Yta_kawaii said:

If I remember correctly, it can be any type unless specified otherwise.

hhmmm... ok.. But then IDK what's the difference between "anime" and "completed anime" n.n'
Well the completed means it has already finished airing but... if it's a movie that's easy! XD
Thanks anyway! <3
May 23, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2014
Ranacchi said:
Hey there everybody, just poppin' in real quick to ask if Strike Witches is eligible for challenge #61; Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth ?

Thank you!
Yep! Strike Witches is listed under England in this blog entry made specifically to help with this challenge item.
If I remember correctly, it's not referred to as England in the show, but it's pretty obvious which fictional countries are supposed to represent which real ones.
May 23, 2018 10:28 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Yta_kawaii said:

hhmmm... ok.. But then IDK what's the difference between "anime" and "completed anime" n.n'
Well the completed means it has already finished airing but... if it's a movie that's easy! XD
Thanks anyway! <3

Yeah you can watch a finished OVA or finished Movie if you prefer those over a TV series as long as it suits all other requirements, unless it's specified otherwise.
It has to say finished. For example, to take my Strike Witches:

@abhutrash
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was eligible before starting it.
RanacchiMay 23, 2018 10:32 AM
May 23, 2018 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
Ranacchi said:
Yeah you can watch a finished OVA or finished Movie if you prefer those over a TV series as long as it suits all other requirements, unless it's specified otherwise.

abhutrash
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was eligible before starting it.

Ok thank you so much! :D
May 23, 2018 12:11 PM

Feb 2018
Ranacchi said:
Yta_kawaii said:

Thanks anyway! <3

So it has to have finished airing as I start watching?
boredrandomguyMay 23, 2018 1:33 PM
May 23, 2018 7:06 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@boredrandomguy @Ranacchi @Yta_kawaii
It's stated in the Challenge List with Explanations post but "Completed anime = anime that already finished airing"

OfDeathandLove said:
I have a question: I changed my name half-way through the challenge. For the ones where I need a screenshot with my username as evidence (such as "Watch an anime suggested by MAL or by Anime+ "), do I need to redo those ones? Or am I still okay?

Depends the item. For most of them you will be okay as long as you add a note before the challenge list saying you changed your username and that's why they have it like that. Do check the explanations post to see of any of your items requires of you to change the anime for another with the new username.

tlato_but said:
I need recommendations for these 2 challenges:
91) Watch a completed anime adapted from a manga with a score of 6.50 or lower
92) Watch a completed anime with a score of or below 5.00
I'd prefer if both have horny hot girls (only ecchi) and very few blood, please. Or at least the first condition.
@SheyCroix ¿alguna ayudita aquí?

Te iba a recomendar algo antes cuando lo vi, pero no cumplen con las condiciones que pusiste. Si no te molesta recibir sin ellas te recommiendo

91 - https://myanimelist.net/anime/14045/Mangirl (I have yet to see this)
92 -
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6392/Issho_ni_Training__Training_with_Hinako
https://myanimelist.net/anime/413/Hametsu_no_Mars

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

May 23, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2016
boredrandomguy said:
KaRue3 said:

Yuru Camp△
Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭: Koi to Junjou no Service-kai
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV)
Thank you!
May 23, 2018 10:32 PM

Oct 2016
mozgow said:
KaRue3 said:
Lucky☆Star ?
I chose a recommendation that someone else gave me, but thank you, that was a great suggestion!
May 24, 2018 3:01 AM

Apr 2016
Ok, so I have 2 things:

Number 72 says:
Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username - only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters; This means that you have to watch an anime which title starts with the same last letter your username has. In my case an anime that starts with D; if you change your username before you finish the challenge you have to change this accordingly.
Now nowhere does it say it has to be the title used by the website so would Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit work for me since the last letter of mine is M?
Edit: it does say it in the tab at the top of the web browser, but is in parentheses. Still don't know if that counts.

Number 27 says:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here
Soooooo... I kinda need one...

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
May 24, 2018 6:00 AM

Aug 2015
bear_minimum said:
Ok, so I have 2 things:

Number 72 says:
Watch an anime with a title that starts with the last letter of your username - only letters. Exclude any numbers and/or special characters; This means that you have to watch an anime which title starts with the same last letter your username has. In my case an anime that starts with D; if you change your username before you finish the challenge you have to change this accordingly.
Now nowhere does it say it has to be the title used by the website so would Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit work for me since the last letter of mine is M?
Edit: it does say it in the tab at the top of the web browser, but is in parentheses. Still don't know if that counts.

Number 27 says:
Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread - ask for an anime there and link the reply with the recommendation here

#72:
Alternative titles don't count for this item.

#27:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/440/Shoujo_Kakumei_Utena
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20689/Hamatora_The_Animation
May 24, 2018 9:07 AM
Aug 2016
Has the standard list format changed? I don't remember sorting by tiers when I accepted the challenge.
May 24, 2018 12:57 PM

Apr 2016
TuyNOM said:
bear_minimum said:
Ok, so I have 2 things:

Number 72 says:

Number 27 says:

#72:
Alternative titles don't count for this item.

#27:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/440/Shoujo_Kakumei_Utena
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8426/Hourou_Musuko
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20689/Hamatora_The_Animation
Cool, thanks TuyNOM.

Sometimes you just gotta realize that you can't watch every
anime you want to. The struggle is far too real for that.
May 24, 2018 2:48 PM

Aug 2017
*Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth.

Please, i need some recommendation here (12-13 episodes or less).
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 24, 2018 2:55 PM

Oct 2016
Nurguburu said:
*Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth.

Please, i need some recommendation here (12-13 episodes or less).

Maria the Virgin Witch (12 episodes), it takes place in France.
Kiki's Delivery Service (a movie), it takes place in Stockholm.
Chrno Crusade (26 epsiodes), it takes place in the United States
May 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Oct 2016
I have one more question. I was planning on using Gunslinger Girl S2 for an anime with a child character. Characters in the show repeatedly call the girls children, but their ages are never exactly stated. How would I go about cataloging this?
May 24, 2018 4:28 PM

May 2018
I hope this is the right place to ask, since this is related to the challenge.

Due to issues with MAL, I was unable to log back into my other account, AL19, so I had to make a new one. Since I obviously cannot edit my post from the sign-up challenge, am I allowed to repost my challenge (So I can be able to edit), just under a different username (There wouldn't be any changes to the post itself) or not?
May 24, 2018 6:35 PM

Apr 2018
So how does this work :/
May 25, 2018 12:30 AM
Jul 2013
I have a question about how to select one of my topics. It's watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on my sign up page, and I'm not sure where I go to do that.
May 25, 2018 8:25 AM

Jan 2009
I'd like to ask for help with: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Series that aired in 2017 are welcome^^

Thanks in advance.

May 25, 2018 8:35 AM

Apr 2018
how does this work...
May 25, 2018 9:33 AM

Aug 2017
lubryka said:
I'd like to ask for help with: (27) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread.

Series that aired in 2017 are welcome^^

Thanks in advance.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/33489/Little_Witch_Academia_TV
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 25, 2018 9:52 AM

Nov 2014
animewarlordo said:
how does this work...
This is the discussion page for the challenge. You can go here and read the first few posts to sign-up and get started. If you have specific questions as to the set-up after reading there, you can ask them here.

jshain411 said:
I have a question about how to select one of my topics. It's watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on my sign up page, and I'm not sure where I go to do that.

AWC_mod said:
Watch an anime from the predictive search using a participant on your sign-up page - state the username and initial post number; use the username of any participant that posted on your page; if they change their username before you finish the challenge you have to change this accordingly; save a screenshot in case we don't get the same anime when searching.

How to: In the predictive search bar select "Anime" from the drop-down menu on the left. In the search area write their username completely, without spaces. The anime used should be one from there. You can't press the "View all results" area

^ From the challenge description. Any of the other 49 users on the specific page your sign-in form is on. Search bar is on the top right. Hope this helps!
CureEtudeMay 25, 2018 10:06 AM
May 25, 2018 10:02 AM

Aug 2015
@AWC_mod: I submitted my turn in form a week ago, and wanted to ask if you guys had a chance to take a look at it?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (124) « First ... « 93 94 [95] 96 97 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Courage the Cowardly Dog Anime

ZakuF_ - 5 hours ago

16 by traed »»
23 seconds ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - Apr 27

44 by Ezeeql »»
3 minutes ago

» Write your takes in anime and I'll prove you're incorrect.

Gashadokur0 - 4 hours ago

32 by kataneer »»
14 minutes ago

» Anime that made you feel emotional

ST63LTH - Today

12 by Akuya »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of the big 3 do you think has the best music?

Akuya - 2 hours ago

8 by FanofAction »»
31 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.