Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 24, 2017 6:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, they really put some details into making the food this episode. The Umaru special!

Looks like this episode takes place around the Christmas holidays. Even this show celebrates it! I thought it was kinda cute to see Umaru and Ebina giving presents to Taihei. We also got kimonos back too!

7/10.
Dec 24, 2017 8:43 AM

Feb 2013
Another kawaii and funny episode.
Dec 24, 2017 8:45 AM

May 2011
RIP hopes and dreams of a S3.
Dec 24, 2017 9:00 AM

Nov 2016
Well, it was a nice episode about Christmas and new year,but it kinda lacked the feeling of a final imo.

It was still an awesome watch and I will miss my weekly dosis of crazy cuteness.Hope there will be an OVA in the future.

8/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2017 9:14 AM

Sep 2013
Gee Umaru-chan, 3 christmas's already? Well it's a pretty normal episode, not like a finale any more so I guess we're just on the wait for more at some point.

All of the best parts are still the parts without Umaru though.
Dec 24, 2017 10:22 AM
Dec 2016
To all the Umaru fans: This anime ends on chapter 137 of the manga. Chapter 138 and on is where the anime leaves off. Your welcome.
Dec 24, 2017 10:29 AM

Jul 2015
Another nice episode to conclude this sequel! Umaru S2 was consistently nice and a solid improvement over the first season, really enjoyed it.

8/10 from my part, time to pick up the manga.

Vizor_Everlast said:
To all the Umaru fans: This anime ends on chapter 137 of the manga. Chapter 138 and on is where the anime leaves off. Your welcome.

Thank you so much, I was just going to ask for that!
Dec 24, 2017 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
last episode about Christmas and new year...fun show will miss it
Dec 24, 2017 10:58 AM
Jun 2017
Really lovely last episode. I'm going through the worst phase of my life, but Umaru's adventures in her second season made me smile for 24 minutes, at every episodes.
So thanks for everyone worked on this anime.

And I can't wait for a 3rd season!
"A childish appearance is much better than a childish behavior." ~ Sasamiya Saya (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Dec 24, 2017 11:24 AM

Feb 2013
Great season, possibly better than the first season. I would definitely love to see another season. This is a great anime.

8/10
Dec 24, 2017 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
Great sequel. One of those sequels where you can ask yourself if it was better than the original, which is a good thing. Might have to pick up that manga.
Dec 24, 2017 12:47 PM

Aug 2017
I think this season was better than the first one.

Vizor_Everlast said:

Chapter 138 is not one of the episodes? :?
Dec 24, 2017 1:18 PM

Nov 2015
this season was just like i love cgdct unlike first season where they rather focused on umaru being useless and oniichan doing everything for her. Really preferred change to focus more on friendship between characters. Needless to say Taihei with just hes sister is always worst to watch while when they are with others it gets really fun.
Its pity Taihei never ended up talking to Ebina about her "possibly" brother he met. More Kanau would be cool too.
JotunheimrLokiDec 24, 2017 1:21 PM
Dec 24, 2017 1:50 PM
Mar 2016
hopefully we'll get a season 3 soon, they started making the Himouto Umaru-Chan G manga so *fingers crossed* and maybe it could have more than 12 eps this time around
Dec 24, 2017 1:59 PM

Aug 2013
As always another fun episode.

A great sequel and I will miss watching this. 8/10.

Dec 24, 2017 2:33 PM

Sep 2013
Christmas Time, okonomiyaki instead of pizza, buying presents and going to sylphin's place.
Umaru still a himouto XD
This season has more development than the last but takes away some of the fun too 8/10
Dec 24, 2017 3:05 PM

Sep 2015
Umaru-R Overall Impressions:

If you loved the cast of characters in Season 1, you will love Season 2. Slyphie and Umaru are lovable as always, and the new girl who calls Taihei her onii-chan, Hikari, is pretty cute and great. I really liked Kirie and Ebina now because they had further screen-time and interesting backstories this time. There is more character exploration and development with the main four girls and their brothers that makes the comedic and heartfelt bits of Umaru-R more fulfilling.

The narrative, animation, music, and direction remains pretty standard, but overall, the improvement and expansions for characters makes Season 2 worth finishing for fans of this anime. I hate that there will not be any more Umaru for a while. I definitely want to see a Season 3, as I would love to see the entire cast develop more close familial-like relationships. I wanna see Taihei and Kanau get together. I want Kirie to gain full confidence in herself to reach her dream. I want more hilarious moments from Bomber, where was he this season?!?!

Vizor_Everlast said:

That ends so close to the manga though. So that doesn't leave a lot of room for S3. Maybe they can make OVAs for the remaining chapters.
Dec 24, 2017 3:17 PM

Feb 2012
Vizor_Everlast said:

Thanks lad

Overall awesome season, the girls sure have grown compared to 1st season, especially Umaru.

Kinda sad to see Ebina still left hanging as the only one without her brother, but it is what it is.
Dec 24, 2017 4:37 PM

May 2015
The episode didn't have that finale feel at all, but it was good, though.

The sequel was another enjoyable season for me. Sad to see it go again.

8/10.

Dec 24, 2017 4:40 PM

Apr 2017
Now the show ended. Sayonara Umaru and tomodachi.
Dec 24, 2017 5:14 PM

Aug 2017
Really enjoyed this season, it was miles better than the 1st season. Solid 8/10

I REALLY hope for an OVA / season 3 that will cover more of Ebina and Taihei's relationship, they built it up so much this season so I really hope there will be some payout with it.
Dec 24, 2017 6:13 PM

Aug 2014
Excellent sequel, an improvement in pretty much every way desu wa.
Sieg Zeon!
Dec 24, 2017 6:14 PM

Jan 2017
You can't really complain about this anime, it's got a really broad storyline; which allows for the subtleties in between. Can't wait for the third season

I'd rate it between 7 and 10/10

I really feel for kanau's unrequited love... So I ship taihei and kanau's, mainly 'cause ebina's feelings feel more like a brother complex. Nevertheless, I like the moments that happen with taihei and ebina

Bloody exorcism s*** happened in this scene 😂😂😅

The only thing I have against this anime is that every other episode there's a seasonal theme, like summer time etc. (I swear I've seen like four summer episodes, though I may be mistaken) and she's not aged.. she is in high school right, I'm sure she's like 16 yrs old
Dec 24, 2017 6:27 PM

Nov 2009
Never made me laugh quite as much as the first season, was tough to keep playing up slob monster version Umaru. Still watchable, would watch more, 7 / 10 needs more ~SHBAAAAAAN
Certified "cute girls doing cute things" expert

the cute girls doing cute things club needs you!

maybe you didn't give re:stage dream days a chance; please re:consider
Dec 24, 2017 7:56 PM

Jan 2008
Don't like how they skipped Christmas day despite all that build up.
Dec 24, 2017 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
That's right Umaru. A delivery pizza is also considered a handmade because the Company is the one that making it. And for that brilliant thinking, you receive a New Year's Money, lots of it. xD
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 25, 2017 12:01 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Satisfactory ending to a highly anticipated and great season of Himouto Umaru Chan!

To be honest, it felt as though this episode was not ‘special’ enough to conclude this wonderful season. I’m aware of the fact that it is due to my personal justification, but it just felt like any other regular episode. Well, that aside, I did like the little addition there after the ED, as it showed just how cunning and witty Umaru is and just how caring Taihei is. Moving on, it was nice to see Ebina-Chan and Umaru purchase a gift for Taihei, and lol heck they were some Christmas gift. Sylphin just being Sylphin too was a pleasure to see and it was enjoyable to see the girls enjoying themselves. Sylphin’s mom though xD, I just loved how she got herself in that wicked looking position instantly to warn Sylphin about her kimono. At the beginning of the episode, it was nice to see the great details made on the Umaru Special! with Alex and Motoba. Overall, it was a pleasing episode but not the best of finale episodes you will find. Not bad though, but a little underwhelming is all.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 6/10
Not much to say about this since this show doesn’t really have much of a Storyline in this first place. All the episodes felt more like a stand-alone compilation of two or three stories.
- Characterization/Character Developments: 8.5/10
Definitely one of the most appealing of the departments of this show. It was pleasing to see the cast receive more and more screentime this time around than that during the last Season. Moreover, all the main cast of this show received some sort of a Character Development, so that’s another plus point.
- Art/Animation: 8.75/10
Not much of an issue here to be honest. It was just fine, and nothing too out of the ordinary.
- Sound Department: 8.25/10
Once again, not much of an issue here either. It was just fine, and nothing too extraordinary. I think I liked the old Season’s one better though.
- Personal Enjoyment: 9/10
Undoubtedly, one of the shows that I was very hyped for and enjoyed thoroughly while it was airing. Hence, very pleased to say that it surely lived up to it.

-> Overall: 8/10
Pretty hilarious and enjoyable show. Definitely the better Season of the two, but not too much far off. Would definitely love a Season 3 but guess chances of that happening are rather low. Might try out the manga sometime soon though, so hopefully it will be just as good as these two Seasons.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 25, 2017 12:03 AM

Jul 2014
It didn't feel like a final episode but it was a nice one.

The first season was great but I think this one has definitely been better ... less Umaru's tantrums + character development + bonding between the girls and a great addition to cast like Hikari is good.

Kirie was my favorite this season and I'm sorry Ebina but Kanau is <3 ... she needs more screen time.

Hoping for more Umaru. ^^
SkyLETVDec 25, 2017 7:45 AM
Dec 25, 2017 12:25 AM

Jun 2017
Needs more Himouto moments. In other words, more moments of Umaru taking advantage of a caring brother.
Dec 25, 2017 3:29 AM
うまぴょい伝説

May 2017
Wow they did 2 Christmas in 1 season. I thought Ebina's brother would at least show up this episode to see Ebina since it's Christmas.

Overall the sequel is better than the previous season, every character improves a lot and more Desu wa! than the previous season.

8/10
Dec 25, 2017 4:02 AM

Feb 2017
it didn't feel like the finale at all, I was expecting more than this. wut a waste *sigh
Dec 25, 2017 4:32 AM

Jun 2013
it was an okay episode not like a finale at all
Dec 25, 2017 7:18 AM

Jun 2016
Whoa. That's it for the finale episode? Noooo. It seems like a normal episode and not the finale. Noooooo! I need moooooore. How dare you, show!?!? ;-;

But I love that this episode is set during Christmas and New Year celebration. Lmao.

I wanna cry. I'm gonna miss this show every week so much. It makes my day better, tbh. ;-; I hope it will not take two or more years before we get a 3rd season. I need more Umaru in mah life.

8/10 for this season. Waaaaaaah! ;-;

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Dec 25, 2017 7:02 PM

Aug 2007
I really enjoyed this last episode. And I enjoyed twice because was a special christmas episode and I watched it today, December 25.
Dec 25, 2017 7:17 PM

Jan 2011
I'm happy with how much less of a shit Umaru was this season. Must be the influence of the other top tiers girls.
Dec 25, 2017 7:47 PM

Jan 2013
So it's over folks :/ Can't believe that the episode ended like this, so simply... I was expecting at least an announcement for a new season or Ebina meeting her brother.
It was a great season, glad to see Umaru evolving as a character but i still think that the ending could have been much better.
Hope there will be a 3rd season! Because they left so many things outside, we need a 3rd season!
Loved this season, because compared to the 1st season, in this one we could see Umaru trying to be more mature.

8/9-10
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Dec 25, 2017 8:36 PM

Feb 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
Satisfactory ending to a highly anticipated and great season of Himouto Umaru Chan!

To be honest, it felt as though this episode was not ‘special’ enough to conclude this wonderful season. I’m aware of the fact that it is due to my personal justification, but it just felt like any other regular episode. Well, that aside, I did like the little addition there after the ED, as it showed just how cunning and witty Umaru is and just how caring Taihei is. Moving on, it was nice to see Ebina-Chan and Umaru purchase a gift for Taihei, and lol heck they were some Christmas gift. Sylphin just being Sylphin too was a pleasure to see and it was enjoyable to see the girls enjoying themselves. Sylphin’s mom though xD, I just loved how she got herself in that wicked looking position instantly to warn Sylphin about her kimono. At the beginning of the episode, it was nice to see the great details made on the Umaru Special! with Alex and Motoba. Overall, it was a pleasing episode but not the best of finale episodes you will find. Not bad though, but a little underwhelming is all.

Not much to say about this since this show doesn’t really have much of a Storyline in this first place. All the episodes felt more like a stand-alone compilation of two or three stories.
Definitely one of the most appealing of the departments of this show. It was pleasing to see the cast receive more and more screentime this time around than that during the last Season. Moreover, all the main cast of this show received some sort of a Character Development, so that’s another plus point.
Not much of an issue here to be honest. It was just fine, and nothing too out of the ordinary.
Once again, not much of an issue here either. It was just fine, and nothing too extraordinary. I think I liked the old Season’s one better though.
Undoubtedly, one of the shows that I was very hyped for and enjoyed thoroughly while it was airing. Hence, very pleased to say that it surely lived up to it.

Pretty hilarious and enjoyable show. Definitely the better Season of the two, but not too much far off. Would definitely love a Season 3 but guess chances of that happening are rather low. Might try out the manga sometime soon though, so hopefully it will be just as good as these two Seasons.

You Should have made a review instead of stating this on the forums
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Dec 25, 2017 8:37 PM

Feb 2016
I completely loved this second season, I could have given this a 10 just because the character development. Still, better than the first season!

8/10
~Blackwall
Dec 25, 2017 8:41 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
HereticHunter said:
_MushiRock11_ said:

Nah, I’m fine with this. I might start writing reviews in the future, but not now.
Thanks by the way!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 25, 2017 9:33 PM

Feb 2016
_MushiRock11_ said:
HereticHunter said:

Nah, I’m fine with this. I might start writing reviews in the future, but not now.
Thanks by the way!

Fair enough!

You are welcome
~Blackwall
Dec 25, 2017 11:25 PM

Jul 2009
Didn't really feel like a last episode, but had some good laughs. The Christmas part was really cute - and Umaru getting Taihei a present?! Wow, out of everyone, that's some great development from her. Hikari and Kanau's part was cute too, I wish we could have seen more of it :P Everyone looked pretty in their kimonos and I guess it ended pretty typically of the series. Poor Umaru huh, the money just seems to disappear :P

Overall S2 was better than what I expected! I honestly was surprised at how much I enjoyed most of the episodes. It provided me with some good laughs along with mostly enjoyable art/animation and music. Great to see the character development, especially in Umaru compared to the first season! The characters were all nice to see again and I liked seeing more side characters introduced as well. Plus the friendship between the main 4 was nice to see. I really enjoyed watching most of the episodes, so this earns a solid 8/10 from me :)
Dec 26, 2017 1:42 AM

Aug 2013
So the second season has finally drawn to a close.

I definitely enjoyed this season, but I think for different reasons than the first season.

I think the first season was a bit more heavy on the comedy and such. While this season still had its share of comedy, I think that took a bit more of a back seat in favor of character development which I'm perfectly ok with. I actually really appreciate it even more when I realize how little exposure the characters got in the first season.

For example Sylphin didn't get much screen time last season apart from forcefully inserting herself into a conversation in the classroom or something for a dumb gag, and I would go so far as to say I truly disliked her character. I didn't feel too different about Kirie either. However with how many Sylphin focused scenes and episodes we had this season that really gave some depth to her character, she ended up becoming one of my favorites. I ended up having to separate Ebina as best waifu and Sylphin as best girl.

Kirie got a lot of time too to explain her family life and her passions and how she came to grow out of her secluded shell which was nice. And we got that touch of story with Ebina and her brother who left (I'm still disappointed Taihei never told her about him when he met him). Lots of bits of low-key comedic romance too with Ebina, which I'm all for since in the spinoff manga that revolves around Ebina she actually confesses to him. If a sequel happened I wouldn't mind seeing them incorporate bits of spinoff material into the main series.

Hikari also managed to get a good bit of screen time and story despite being introduced fairly late. They handled her character well with the time they had.

I'm going to miss the abundance of "desu wa" and schwaaa/shupaaa/shubaaan.

BluePikmin11 said:
Umaru-R Overall Impressions:

If you loved the cast of characters in Season 1, you will love Season 2. Slyphie and Umaru are lovable as always, and the new girl who calls Taihei her onii-chan, Hikari, is pretty cute and great. I really liked Kirie and Ebina now because they had further screen-time and interesting backstories this time. There is more character exploration and development with the main four girls and their brothers that makes the comedic and heartfelt bits of Umaru-R more fulfilling.

The narrative, animation, music, and direction remains pretty standard, but overall, the improvement and expansions for characters makes Season 2 worth finishing for fans of this anime. I hate that there will not be any more Umaru for a while. I definitely want to see a Season 3, as I would love to see the entire cast develop more close familial-like relationships. I wanna see Taihei and Kanau get together. I want Kirie to gain full confidence in herself to reach her dream. I want more hilarious moments from Bomber, where was he this season?!?!

Vizor_Everlast said:

That ends so close to the manga though. So that doesn't leave a lot of room for S3. Maybe they can make OVAs for the remaining chapters.

Who knows. There may not be a lot of manga material left to cover, but I remember after MAL posted the news saying the manga was ending...like a week later there was an announcement saying that the manga was getting continued as a "new manga". Just called Himouto Umaru-chan G. Seeing as how it's nothing more than a title change there can eventually be enough material to do another season.
Dec 26, 2017 7:13 AM
May 2014
I enjoyed all the Kanau parts, and her interactions with Hikari are cute. Her Christmas alone last season and this episode were not in the manga, so they are filler as far as I can tell. I still enjoyed them though because I can't get enough of Kanau.

Spoiler for what she does for Hikari for a Christmas in the manga.

I actually would have liked that if they adapted that in the anime.
Dec 26, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2013
This season's a great improvement over the first one. More diversity and more screen time for other characters. The new character Hikari is hilarious with that round eyes of hers.

Dec 26, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2017
Vizor_Everlast said:

Is there even a plot line to continue? And is it worth it? Or might I just wait for a third season?
Dec 26, 2017 10:07 AM
Dec 2016
TsundeReaper said:
Vizor_Everlast said:

Is there even a plot line to continue? And is it worth it? Or might I just wait for a third season?

Kind of, yes. Although every chapter/episode is episodic, like every chapter has its own mini story, it is still entertaining and we get further with character development. Waiting for season 3 is a waste because there are like around 30 more chapters of the manga until you finish all the updated chapters, and they all have 9 pages each, i finished that in less than 45 mins, so ya.
Dec 26, 2017 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
Kanau is so awesome. Shame she didn't get to sped time with Taihei.
Dec 26, 2017 6:06 PM

Oct 2008
what a very nice season 2 episode ender!
Okonomiyaki various mix seafood and meat is great!
LOL at Taihei's evil laugh when he's too fired-up on preparing the food for the okonomiyaki!
It such a good scene to see when Umaru and Ebina gave their gifts to Taihei!
LOL Kanau doesn't even know that Hikari always goes out of the appartment to go to see Big Brother and Umaru! Looks like Kanau failed to get the perfect Chirstmas present for Hikari...which is Taihei himself!
At least all four of them were able to celebrate the new year!
LOL Umaru made the effort to exchange the 35k yen into 500-yen coins and put it into the piggybank! but she inadvertently spend it all! hahah FAIL!
I hope there's Season 3 since we need to see the development of Taihei & Ebina!
5/5.
8/10.

Dec 27, 2017 4:13 PM

Feb 2017
Better than Season 1, very weak last Episode tho
Dec 27, 2017 11:46 PM

Apr 2015
...spending 35k yen(310$) in petty fees in just a few days? Wow...

Not really a finale but ok episode. Ok series too. 5/10
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2017

40 by Mat2468xk »»
Mar 1, 8:16 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2017

38 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 29, 10:21 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2017

42 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 23, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2017

59 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 22, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Himouto! Umaru-chan R Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2017

48 by Mat2468xk »»
Feb 18, 11:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.