Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 14, 2017 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, rock paper scissors. The Nobuaki and Riona moment was really cringe. He definitely deserved that slap and kick this episode.

Chiemi died this epsiode despite Nobuaki desperately trying to save him. Mm, at least they confessed to each other. I think Nobuaki is pretty much reaching his breaking point. Sigh, this show. Only 1 more episode left and this mess is finally going to end.

Natsuko is still a batshit psycho.
Dec 14, 2017 9:00 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
....And do you think this end? or will it continue with one survivor?
The janken game was xD
Well, bloody again, and hope a surprise in the last episode!!!!
Dec 14, 2017 9:32 AM

Jun 2015
Nobuaki and Riona trying to save each other was funny to watch. It was even more funny when she kicked him in the balls. I couldn't take it seriously. Aimi died in this episode, but I don't really care. After Chiemi died, Nobuaki was given a choice to either continue the game or punishment. Natsuko is her usual psycho self trying to survive. One more episode left until this awful show is finished. I'm curious how it's going to end.
Dec 14, 2017 9:33 AM

Sep 2011
Thank goodness there's only one more week of this. This wasn't the WORST episode, but... it was pretty bad.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 14, 2017 9:38 AM

Oct 2017
I browsed to the unsubbed version, and from my limited Japanese knowledge, I can already tell this episode is some non sensial bs with all the characters instantly betraying each other last second. If they gonna do that, why not all murder Natsuko when they have the chance if they can kill each other so easily.

That Aimi saying "Natsuko daisuki " is top 5 stupid moment/ character of all time in an anime lolz..
Ventus_SDec 15, 2017 12:47 AM
Dec 14, 2017 9:53 AM
Jul 2017
They actually tried to make us sympathise with Nobuaki, and for a while i somewhat did, like in the way that i thought that he was just the most unlucky guy ever, then this crap comes out. He continoud the fucking game folks!!! He says he doesnt want abyone else to die...yeah im not really buying that crap. The entire series they have made him look like the type of guy to throw himself on the wire and let his buddy climb over him. Thats pretty sweet and noble, but no!! He is actually the type of guy to bring the fucking wore to another random class! All this time he makes us belive that he would rather die than to let others, but this episode just showed us that that is not true. Good job, you just screwed the one semigood thing about this mess.
And the censoreship is just too hilarious, im just laughing at this point!
One week to go, i can see the end of it!
Dec 14, 2017 10:09 AM

Sep 2013
Nobuaki survives twice and riona also save, chiem killed herself for nobuaki, natsuko with the traps and some karma for the others.
Dec 14, 2017 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
The fact that Natsuko is still getting away with all of this is beyond comical and as usual the characters continue to be brain dead.

Seriously they could have knocked her unconscious and chained her up or something already.
Dec 14, 2017 10:49 AM

Jun 2014
The greatest moment of this show was Riona kicking Nobuaki in the balls.......actually, it's kind of sad when a short moment like that is the best part of a show.

We finally got the flashback of how Chiemi died, but are you kidding me, Nobuaki chose to continue the game? Bro, just take the punishment. We've seen multiple times now that punishment doesn't always = death, so it could have been something simple and/or non-fatal. Do that, then move on with your life. But instead he decides to bring this mess to another class.

The rest of the students of course continue to show how idiotic they are. They clearly have no problem betraying and backstabbing each other, but none of them thought to join forces as a class to gang up on Natsuko and stop her. No wonder Natsuko gets her way so easily, her classmates are too stupid to do anything about it. One more episode of this mess and it's out of our lives forever, can't wait for next Thursday.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 14, 2017 11:02 AM
Apr 2016
Ah nothing brought me more joy in this series (well...besides the fucking hat scene in episode 9's end which had me laughing for most of the day) then seeing are dear protagonist getting kicked in the gonads

Plus at this point I think my youngest nephew is smarter then have these dumbasses. And he's goddamn 4

Dec 14, 2017 11:12 AM
Dec 2017
Just like I expected they counted the dead guy as the last one,and he was punished by suffocation.

When did you take of your shirt and tie it around your waist, in the opening?you can do that?

Ha I got behind, game was fun.

Chiemi was holding a knife the whole time but didn't defend herself earlier when she was taken hostage,and just how much weak nobuaki is he was holding her hand but couldn't stop her, then she tapped the knife a bit on her belly and died within 15 seconds

"what there's a straight road over here but a sign says the way is on the right we should definitely follow it" just like Tom and Jerry

"I've put a bit of twigs on ground hoping someone would come this second from this specific way and slip up" and when he fell on ground and waited till she came and broke his leg.

She slipped by the guy and fell in front of him for some reason,"omg one of my legs is broken I can't move" "you got what you deserve " this anime teaches you maners,but then she abandoned her friend the next second

Where are you going natsuko why do you know how this place roads and where everyone is, the black ponytail started crying out of nowhere ran and.... wai.... what? Why is cliffs tossed around this place?
rinpans_kunDesDec 14, 2017 12:20 PM
Dec 14, 2017 11:24 AM

Jun 2017
That forest has some conveniently placed pits.

Dec 14, 2017 11:53 AM

Sep 2011
yui_chi0k said:
Chiemi was holding a knife the whole time but didn't defend herself earlier when she was taken hostage

To be fair, that was the knife the guy used to hold her hostage, which she pulled out of her leg after he was already dead.
That's the only thing I can defend out of all that though... which says a lot about the quality (or more accurately, the lack thereof) in this show...
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Dec 14, 2017 11:58 AM

Jan 2013
i knew it...yet they made a deal out of MC getting it last week yet a minute in then they went 'oh it was the drowned guy, move along" i hate this show lol

im still not feeling Riona just being forced down out of nowhere as the love interest in the current timeline.....actually this show is good at that, things happen out of nowhere just randomly for no reason and nobody cares lol

where the hell are all those cliffs coming from?
Dec 14, 2017 12:34 PM
Dec 2017
MistLiigh said:
yui_chi0k said:
Chiemi was holding a knife the whole time but didn't defend herself earlier when she was taken hostage

To be fair, that was the knife the guy used to hold her hostage, which she pulled out of her leg after he was already dead.
That's the only thing I can defend out of all that though... which says a lot about the quality (or more accurately, the lack thereof) in this show...

Lol didn't see the blood on the knife earlier, or I started losing some of my common sense through the show
Dec 14, 2017 1:03 PM

Aug 2017
Another comedy episode of the worst anime of the season. The rock paper scissors made my day.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 14, 2017 1:12 PM

Jul 2013
I still don't know why Rina suddenly saw the corpses of the peope she sacrificed, but the zombies looked so bad it was fucking hilarious.
Even though I'm sad this is going to end, I cannot wait to see what kind of retarded ending they are going to pull.
Dec 14, 2017 2:01 PM

Sep 2016
This show is pretty bad, but one thing for sure is i like Riona geez. I love tsundere's like Riona dammit. Your too good for this show.
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Dec 14, 2017 2:10 PM

Aug 2015
The ending is definitely gonna make the anime even more hated, not that I know it... Just a guess.
Dec 14, 2017 2:30 PM
Oct 2017
Slight credit where it's due, Natsuko using a double negative to fake out her classmates off course was decently smart. The rest of this episode is pretty dumb.

First off, Nobuaki deciding to continue the King's game after Chiemi died. Well good job Nobuaki, you are now personally responsible for the death of everyone in your class. I suppose there's at least an argument that Natsuko is to blame for all this too but that hardly makes him spreading the suffering any better.

Usual bullshit with morality switches in character's heads being turned on and off, the guy literally could've just rolled to stop Natsuko stomping on his ankle. Oh and apparently everyone is so able to betray their classmates who did nothing to them, but Natsuko, the person who is now literally going around and causing more deaths, nah she just can't be killed off.

Last episode, obviously everyone except Nobuaki is going to die and we may get an explanation for the King's game, but I highly doubt it, it'll probably just prolong itself for a second season it won't get.

Sometimes the worst thing you can do is make suffering pointless and that seems to be this show's goal.
Dec 14, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2017
How many times did someone trip on something and fall this episode.lol
Dec 14, 2017 4:07 PM
May 2015
I was hoping Nobuaki and Riona will win against Natsuko. I know Natsuko is evil, cunning, twisting and psycho woman who want to win the ousama game and kill another classmates. But this is gonna be tricky and twisted episode. Please let be Natsuko. She's the one who deserve for killing her best friend and other classmates.
Dec 14, 2017 4:24 PM
Mar 2013
Some shows are so good they treat you into a 'feels trip' then there's Ousama Game that treats you into a 'falls trip'.

Dec 14, 2017 4:26 PM
Jun 2017
The final message on Nobuaki on his last King's game has been said, continue the game or punishment... that means this game has no end... hahaha

*too bad for him he see Chiami died on his own face...

* Riona x nobuaki

* natsuko really is so desperate that she is already making sure she is the only one that will reach the summit that she is already killing those who will reach it..
Dec 14, 2017 4:28 PM
Oct 2017
i'll rewatch mirai nikki after this show ends...
Dec 14, 2017 5:25 PM

Jun 2015
hahaha what the actual f*ck is up with this episode, the random cliffs, the retarded legs that don't know how to fucking walk.
Well, one episode left, I only hope Natsuki dies.
Dec 14, 2017 5:43 PM
May 2017
to kind of defend it, I like the show despite plot holes and sudden sentimental moments right before a new character dies.

Nobukai probably hadn't thought it through moments after Cheimi died that he should just take the punishment.

put yourself in his shoes he doesn't WANT to die, he also wants to defeat the king, it's not like he was deciding to end the game all together or not, simply do you want to be in the next game or die here and now making the death of everyone you knew for nothing. do you think the weight of everything hit him with the death of Cheimi or it was later when he actually realized that it was real. Also I think his plan was to not get involved/attached to anyone in the new class and he probably thought he could do it. obviously very mistaken. but you can't put the game coming to the new class on him, Natsuko was already there. that part kind of bugs me, how long ago was she there, and how long ago did she play the game just like Ria from the first class.

wait did Nobukai sit in the same seat in the new class that Ria sat In the first class? back of the room against the window

But what's great is I take it as a gore anime at face value. 100x better than Another in my opinion.
StrikeyTheFoxDec 14, 2017 5:47 PM
Dec 14, 2017 6:36 PM

Jan 2014
Lmao this show is inconsistent. Did nobody catch the detail? At the very end, it said only 5 remained. Both of the girls fell off the cliff, I guess. But what about the guy whose two legs were broken? I don't recall a message saying he died. So how can there be 5 left if he's still alive..?

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 14, 2017 6:57 PM

Dec 2013
Weird to me how Nobuaki wasn't punished in his last King's Game because he wasn't technically the one who killed Chiemi, she killed herself. The Game has been shown to be stricter over dumber things before so to let that slide was a little strange to me.

Aimi definitely has some kind of Stockholm syndrome for Natsuko. Or she's just intensely stupid, as most people in this anime are. Poor thing.
Dec 14, 2017 7:21 PM

Jan 2015
Just one kick at the ball won't stop Nobuaki from sacrificing himself, Ryona. After all, he's the survivor of the previous King's Game. LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 14, 2017 8:03 PM

Nov 2016
StrikeyTheFox said:
But what's great is I take it as a gore anime at face value. 100x better than Another in my opinion.

I'm going to have to disagree with you there. Another may not have been a masterpiece, but at least is was focused and consistent. Unlike Ousama Game, the first portion of Another was not a massive kill-fest. A strong focus was put on building the ambiance of mystery and the unknown, allowing a slow build to a much more satisfying climax. In addition, the viewers were given an opportunity to emotionally connect with the character before they displayed the worse sides of themselves, falling into the depths of depravity. The cast's progression towards madness is far better paced.

Ousama Game spends no time on developing characters. Because everyone immediately devolves into murderous psychos, there's no way to establish an emotional connection with the characters, much less come to like any of them. Furthermore, the story telling method is unfocused and sloppy. Constantly bouncing between the past game and the present game further weakens the show's characterization because its impossible to keep track of a cast of nearly 50 characters. Nobukai is a boring, generic protagonist who is overly invested in people he doesn't even know, or else he does know them and the show just didn't feel like actually showing him getting to know them.

Another was a decent mystery anime. The final solution was a bit of a deus ex machina, but it at least established a good atmosphere of suspense. Ousama Game has terrible pacing and is an unfocused mess. It tries to be dramatic despite the utter lack of any interesting characters makes those attempts pointless.
Dec 14, 2017 8:59 PM
Jul 2018
When did the tsundere girl begin to fall for the MC? Were there hints, or did it come out of nowhere?
Dec 14, 2017 10:42 PM
May 2014
wasn't there more after chiemi died for nobuyaki? where does the scene where nobuyaki waked up underwater and found naked chimei drifting away from him fit in?
Did nobuyaki really choose to continue the game? I am not so sure. well i will wait and see.
Dec 14, 2017 11:06 PM

Jan 2011
this had some pretty damn funny moments despite being a awful episode mainly her kicking him in the nuts no way he could have gotten up so quick after that kind of kick.

will admit Natsuko capitalizing on the distrust of everyone to her own gain was cunning
Dec 14, 2017 11:13 PM

May 2015
Aimi fights for her friends!

And what the hell was that scene with Rina and looking at zombies? Like where the hell did that come from? I don't even....lol!

Zelev said:
Lmao this show is inconsistent. Did nobody catch the detail? At the very end, it said only 5 remained. Both of the girls fell off the cliff, I guess. But what about the guy whose two legs were broken? I don't recall a message saying he died. So how can there be 5 left if he's still alive..?

Do you notice anything weird about this image?
Dec 15, 2017 1:29 AM
Sep 2016
Accept to continue the game and take correspondence courses. Problem solved.

I mean, who in their right mind would enroll in another school after being the sole survivor of a King's Game? Surely you'd be putting your classmates in mortal danger. Nobuaki is so inconsistent as a character it makes one wonder if he isn't even more of a nutcase than Natsuko. He constantly swings back and forth between having his mind set on surviving or dying without any regard for logic or reason.

Then again, it's not like the rest of the class is any better. In fact this anime's cast might just be the dumbest I've ever seen, so I guess that's something.
Dec 15, 2017 1:49 AM

Dec 2014
ok so everyone dies and nothing is explained still the protagonist should have chosen punishment instead of continuing the game
Dec 15, 2017 2:24 AM

Oct 2011
Every episode is stupider than the rest - removed another point of its score so now it is a 2. At least 1 episode is left so no point in dropping now

Dec 15, 2017 4:45 AM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't have trusted Natsuko either,but it was obvious that she would be honest for once.

And damn, these escarpments literally appeared outta nowhere,lmao.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 15, 2017 5:05 AM
Oct 2013
OK I'm just going to ask, who's bright idea was it to split up the one group who had a chance of surviving this if they worked together?
Dec 15, 2017 5:18 AM
Jul 2017
Aimi still smiling like that when she was decapitated was so cute
Dec 15, 2017 6:58 AM
Dec 2015
It feels like they realized they only have one episode left and are rushing to finish things. Can I give this show less than a 1?
Dec 15, 2017 7:25 AM

Jun 2016
They've changed things a lot. In the first manga, I thought Chiemi died due to the stab wound she had. I prefer that one over this, because once again someone is sacrificing themselves for Nobuaki while he just whines about wanting to save everyone. Natsuko is smart, but she's psycho. I don't get why that girl just freaked out though and caused her own death. At least wait for the 'Obedience Confirmed' text before freaking out.

I do think it's funny that while Natsuko will attack people in order to survive, Nobuaki will guilt them into thinking he's a good guy so they can sacrifice themselves for him. It kind of reminds me of the quote from Rick & Morty when Rick says, "You act like prey, but you're a predator! You use pity to lure in your victims! That's how you survive!" to Jerry. That's how I feel about Nobuaki.

He's done nothing to warrant this level of hero worship from his classmates and yet they'll all try to die for him.

And while I didn't understand things, I did look through the manga that this season is based on and more people died during the run to the island.

I don't know what the show is doing now. I thought that I'd learn what happens in the second manga, since it isn't translated, but they're not really following things from it.

junior456 said:
I was hoping Nobuaki and Riona will win against Natsuko. I know Natsuko is evil, cunning, twisting and psycho woman who want to win the ousama game and kill another classmates. But this is gonna be tricky and twisted episode. Please let be Natsuko. She's the one who deserve for killing her best friend and other classmates.

MonoJuMalDec 15, 2017 7:31 AM
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 15, 2017 9:51 AM

Jul 2013
I laugh every time no one tries to stab Natsuko in the head.
I guess the b*tch deserves to live after all, since she's literally the only character with functioning brain.
Dec 15, 2017 9:54 AM

Jan 2014
Tarotist said:

And what the hell was that scene with Rina and looking at zombies? Like where the hell did that come from? I don't even....lol!

Zelev said:

She died? Idk lol I just assumed she was tired.. or are you referring to the placement of her hands?

Dec 15, 2017 10:23 AM

May 2015
Zelev said:
Tarotist said:

She died? Idk lol I just assumed she was tired.. or are you referring to the placement of her hands?

Didn't the rules state that you are not allowed to use any means of transportation to get to the summit? I don't know what's happening anymore!
Dec 15, 2017 10:54 AM
Mar 2016
Oh shit Natsuko is trying to kill everyone, and some them were still to trusting her, I hope Nobu-kun and the other outsmart her.
Dec 15, 2017 10:56 AM

Jan 2014
Tarotist said:
Zelev said:

Didn't the rules state that you are not allowed to use any means of transportation to get to the summit? I don't know what's happening anymore!

But he carried other people on his back before, so why would it matter now?

Dec 15, 2017 11:12 AM

Nov 2012
Is the story changed a bit from the manga? I think I read something different in this thread:

Ousama Game's General Timeline (Spoiler Alert/Ending)
Dec 15, 2017 11:20 AM
Sep 2014
Tarotist said:
Zelev said:

Maybe she thought of him as a friend not means of transportation.:)
What? It worked perfectly well in Fairy Tail. :D
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 19, 2017

202 by sjw_vegeta »»
Feb 29, 11:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.