Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
King's Game
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 9, 2017 4:00 AM

Oct 2017
Hello, everyone.

I'm writing this to give some info on the events that will happen in the series as there's no Wikia or a translation about the 3rd and 4th manga adaptation of Ousama Game. This will not be thorough timeline since I'll primarily explain the start and ending of each manga adaptation (I will skip the full intro of Kigen and Ousama Game since it's already fully translated).

Don't read this if you don't want to be spoiled.

Let's start at the origin first.

Timeline:
A. Ou-sama Game - Kigen (King's Game: Origin)
30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village. This is where it all started and the participants are all the villagers (30-31 people I think)

Main Characters:
- Honda Kazunari
- Natsuko (I'm not sure if her last name was revealed or I forgot her last name.)

B. Ou-sama Game (King's Game)
One day, all of the students in Nobuaki's class received their first message from someone calling themselves the "King", in which was written a baffling command. They thought it was a prank but later found it was true that they will be punished (e.g death) if they don't follow the order.

The life-threatening "Game" has now begun for the 32 students of the first year's B Class.

Main Character:
- Kanazawa Nobuaki
- Honda Chiemi

C. Ou-sama Game: Rinjou (King's Game: Spiral)
This is a side story for Ou-sama Shuukyoku.

Many years after Ou-sama Shuukyouku. Two teenager girls went to an old school to try and investigate the King's Game that killed 30 students in high school. They found out a notebook written by
detailing the events that happened on the Ousama Game on that school.

Main Characters

What happened to Ou-sama Rinjou?

D. Ou-sama Game: Shuukyoku (King's Game: Extreme)
Nobuaki transferred on a new school and met all the new classmates. He later found out that a new Ou-sama Game is starting.

Main Character:
Honda Natsuko
Kanazawa Nobuaki
Riona Matsumoto

F. Ou-sama Game: Metsubo (King's Game Annihilation)
All high school students in Japan must participate in the Ou-sama Game. Participants from Hiroshima prefecture must move to Okayama Prefecture

Main Character:
Tomohisa (not sure about his last name)
Tomoka (not sure about her last name)

(No details in the ending since I can't read the novel)

Some info we know:

G. Ou-sama Game: Shin'en (King's Game Abyss)
32 Students from Japan, Korean and Taiwan who gathered in an isolated island in Taiwan for training. Then suddenly, new Ou-sama game command has been issued and the new hell game starts.

Main Characters:
Akio Sakamoto
Komatsuzaki Mika
9A955506Oct 17, 2017 4:39 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 9, 2017 4:22 AM
Oct 2017
So Riona was suppose to be sole survivor or winner in King's game? That a shame i like her character very much and i don't expect that she would live till the end.
Oct 9, 2017 4:27 AM

Oct 2017
m1652937 said:
So Riona was suppose to be sole survivor or winner in King's game? That a shame i like her character very much and i don't expect that she would live till the end.

Oct 9, 2017 4:28 AM
Oct 2017
JPRX_R said:
m1652937 said:

No i mean if she wasn't kill herself. She would be winner right?
Oct 9, 2017 4:31 AM

Oct 2017
m1652937 said:
JPRX_R said:

Yes. :) She will be the winner since every other participant is already dead.
Oct 9, 2017 4:35 AM
Oct 2017
JPRX_R said:
m1652937 said:

So do you think something will be change in Anime? Like some character's fate or the ending.
i read novel vol 4 and 5 don't expect that it will be students massacre in entire Japan.
m1652937Oct 9, 2017 4:40 AM
Oct 9, 2017 4:48 AM

Oct 2017
m1652937 said:
JPRX_R said:

So do you think something will be change in Anime? Like some character's fate or the ending.
i read novel vol 4 and 5 don't expect that it will be students massacre in entire Japan.

I believe they will follow the series throughly and will just add some minor changes.

The anime will directly adapt Ousama Game and Ousama Game: Shuukyoku. I believe there will be some flashbacks from Rigen that will appear as well since it will explain the twisted behavior of Natsuko.

There's some minor changes though.
Natsuko is supposed to be #24 in the class attendance book but in the anime she's #25 so maybe there will add some other minor changes.
Oct 9, 2017 4:53 AM
Oct 2017
JPRX_R said:
m1652937 said:

I believe they will follow the series throughly and will just add some minor changes.

The anime will directly adapt Ousama Game and Ousama Game: Shuukyoku. I believe there will be some flashbacks from Rigen that will appear as well since it will explain the twisted behavior of Natsuko.

Natsuko is supposed to be #24 in the class attendance book but in the anime she's #25 so maybe there will add some other minor changes.

that was Interesting.... waiting to see Natsuko's crazy in anime (probably next 2 weeks)
Oct 9, 2017 5:33 AM

Oct 2017
m1652937 said:
JPRX_R said:

that was Interesting.... waiting to see Natsuko's crazy in anime (probably next 2 weeks)

I got some info about the next Ou-Sama Game after Nobuaki's Ou-sama game and listed some changes on the endings of each series. Updates listed above.
9A955506Oct 9, 2017 5:41 AM
Oct 9, 2017 6:32 AM
Jan 2017
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how did you read Ou-sama Game: Shuukyoku, i’ve been trying to find it online but i can’t find it. Unless you actually read the manga then that’s all good. :)
Oct 9, 2017 6:55 AM

Oct 2017
DylanIsBored said:
Thanks for the information. I was wondering how did you read Ou-sama Game: Shuukyoku, i’ve been trying to find it online but i can’t find it. Unless you actually read the manga then that’s all good. :)

I read the manga. :) It's not yet translated.
Oct 9, 2017 7:48 AM
Oct 2017
JPRX_R said:
Hello, everyone.

I'm writing this to give some info on the events that will happen in the series as there's no Wikia or a translation about the 3rd and 4th manga adaptation of the series. This will not be thorough timeline since I'll primarily explain the start and ending of each manga adaptation (I will skip the full intro of Kigen and Ousama Game since it's already fully translated).

Timeline:
30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village. This where it all started and the participants are all the villagers (30-31 people I think)

Main Characters:
- Honda Kazunari
- Natsuko (I'm not sure if her last name was revealed or I forgot her last name.)

One day, all of the students in Nobuaki's class received their first message from someone calling themselves the "King", in which was written a baffling command. They thought it was a prank but later found it was true that they will be punished (e.g death) if they don't follow the order.

The life-threatening "Game" has now begun for the 32 students of the first year's B Class.

Main Character:
- Kanazawa Nobuaki
- Honda Chiemi

Many years after Ou-sama Shuukyouku. Two teenager girls went to an old school to try and investigate the King's Game that killed 30 students in high school. They found out a notebook written by

Main Characters

Nobuaki transferred on a new school and met all the new classmates. He later found out that a new Ou-sama Game is starting.

Main Character:
Honda Natsuko
Kanazawa Nobuaki
Riona Matsumoto

All high school students in Japan must participate in the Ou-sama Game. Participants from Hiroshima prefecture must move to Okayama Prefecture

Main Character:

Some info we know:

32 Students from Japan, Korean and Taiwan who gathered in an isolated island in Taiwan for training. Then suddenly, new Ou-sama game command has been issued and the new hell game starts.

Main Characters:
Akio Sakamoto
Komatsuzaki Mika

About Metsubou arc i think Shuichi(Tomohisa's best friend) is Main Character too in later of this arc
Oct 12, 2017 3:47 PM

Oct 2017
m1652937 said:
JPRX_R said:
Hello, everyone.

I'm writing this to give some info on the events that will happen in the series as there's no Wikia or a translation about the 3rd and 4th manga adaptation of the series. This will not be thorough timeline since I'll primarily explain the start and ending of each manga adaptation (I will skip the full intro of Kigen and Ousama Game since it's already fully translated).

Timeline:
30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village. This where it all started and the participants are all the villagers (30-31 people I think)

Main Characters:
- Honda Kazunari

Main Character:
- Kanazawa Nobuaki
- Honda Chiemi

Main Characters

Main Character:
Honda Natsuko
Kanazawa Nobuaki
Riona Matsumoto

Main Character:

Some info we know:

Main Characters:
Akio Sakamoto
Komatsuzaki Mika

About Metsubou arc i think Shuichi(Tomohisa's best friend) is Main Character too in later of this arc

Not sure, we might be able to see when there's a manga version of Abyss
Oct 14, 2017 3:03 PM
Aug 2016
I'm still slightly confused on the ending of Ou-sama game, what exactly did Nobuaki's wish do?
Oct 14, 2017 7:22 PM
Jan 2017
Tyro1313 said:
I'm still slightly confused on the ending of Ou-sama game, what exactly did Nobuaki's wish do?

I’m not sure if i’m right but i think he was in a dream at the end of Ousama Game. Idk because i guess he was that sad.
Oct 14, 2017 8:04 PM
Aug 2016
DylanIsBored said:
Tyro1313 said:

I’m not sure if i’m right but i think he was in a dream at the end of Ousama Game. Idk because i guess he was that sad.

Seems like a reasonable explanation, I'm just curious to understand how his wish ties into the sequel and connects the two parts. I did find this answer on a forum page from over a year ago

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/30924/can-you-explain-the-ending-to-ousama-game

But the explanation seems a little confusing to as how everything went down, and doesn't fully explain how it ties into the sequel, it just explains what his wish may have been and how it affected things.
Oct 14, 2017 11:37 PM
Jan 2017
Tyro1313 said:
DylanIsBored said:

Seems like a reasonable explanation, I'm just curious to understand how his wish ties into the sequel and connects the two parts. I did find this answer on a forum page from over a year ago

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/30924/can-you-explain-the-ending-to-ousama-game

But the explanation seems a little confusing to as how everything went down, and doesn't fully explain how it ties into the sequel, it just explains what his wish may have been and how it affected things.

Yeah this is confusing me now. I hope in the future there will be a real/reasonable explanation about this.
Oct 15, 2017 1:53 PM
Jul 2017
WOW this is so depressing, im not going to have a fun time while watching the ending of the anime
Oct 17, 2017 3:45 PM

Feb 2017
Thanks a lot, i've only read the first manga so far and watched the released episodes. Endings seem uncreative. Will definitly skip this shit fest now
Oct 20, 2017 3:37 PM
May 2016
So in the end excepted for the first game all the rest were conducted by researchers ? And all of that was approved by the japanese governement ?
Oct 21, 2017 5:44 PM
Sep 2009
Tyro1313 said:
DylanIsBored said:

I was wondering about this too !!
It would make sense for him to wish for the Ousama game to never happen again or for Chiemi to come back.
However no one said that wish would come true right? I mean if he wished for the Ousama game to never happen again, it would be weird for the Ousama game to happen again in what is happening in the anime no?

If he wished for Chiemi to come back, does that just mean he just went back in time and had to relive the entire game again, and then the Natsuko (twin sister/ daughter) arc happens after?

It seems like the stackexchange answer suggest that he goes back in time, and instead of Chiemi he is actually confessing to Natsuko (the twin) because Chiemi won't be there because his wish would be: bring Chiemi back in a world where ousama does not exist?
Or it could be parallel universes, he wishes for something and go to a parallel universe where everything is good and nice, and all the bad things just still happens in the world we are in now?

If anyone made sense of the ending of Ousama game ending please @ or Quote me. I'm so very very confused
Oct 21, 2017 6:19 PM
Aug 2016
agentmanga said:
Tyro1313 said:

I was wondering about this too !!
It would make sense for him to wish for the Ousama game to never happen again or for Chiemi to come back.
However no one said that wish would come true right? I mean if he wished for the Ousama game to never happen again, it would be weird for the Ousama game to happen again in what is happening in the anime no?

If he wished for Chiemi to come back, does that just mean he just went back in time and had to relive the entire game again, and then the Natsuko (twin sister/ daughter) arc happens after?

It seems like the stackexchange answer suggest that he goes back in time, and instead of Chiemi he is actually confessing to Natsuko (the twin) because Chiemi won't be there because his wish would be: bring Chiemi back in a world where ousama does not exist?
Or it could be parallel universes, he wishes for something and go to a parallel universe where everything is good and nice, and all the bad things just still happens in the world we are in now?

If anyone made sense of the ending of Ousama game ending please @ or Quote me. I'm so very very confused

Don't nessesarly have an answer yet, but if we are talking about the whole Natsuko and Chiemi ending idea, its possible that it was at first Natsuko posing as Chiemi (for some reason) and when Nobuaki was given the ability for a wish he asked for a life where the Ousama game didn't exist and to be with Chiemi again, it caused a switch with Natsuko and Chiemi and had him relive the whole event (unknowingly) just to continue onto a different school sparking part 2. Id think with that wish it kind of messed him up and took on the second part of his wish (in this case) switching Chiemi and Natsuko (who would have been "Chiemi" in the first time he lived through it).
Oct 27, 2017 8:11 AM

Dec 2014
thankyou so much for the info...it makes a lot more sense now
Oct 29, 2017 12:01 PM

Dec 2014
Oh my god I love this horrible series. x'D
I hope to god we get to see most Extreme animated (though given the pace so far I rather doubt it.)
Nov 4, 2017 2:18 AM
Sep 2017
There is actually two more arcs that come before Abyss, Play, and Purgatory. I did find the cell phone novel online if anyone is interested in reading it https://estar.jp/_novel_view?w=10534837 You will have to use Bing Translate to read, but it's the best way since the group translating the novels abandoned the project. I'm liking the anime so far, it seems pretty faithful with a few minor changes here and there. I'm interested to see how they do the end for the first arc, since at the beginning of the anime what happened to Chiemi is quite different.
Nov 9, 2017 10:44 AM

Jun 2014
Usually dont like spoilers, Im actually kinda glad to know whats gonna happen in this bumpy ride adaption.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2017 7:09 AM
Oct 2017
It is just me or they change about Riona's part in anime version to different form manga?
m1652937Nov 25, 2017 5:51 AM
Dec 9, 2017 9:32 AM
Jul 2015
Too bad Riona died following the Nobuaki's death. I think this ousama game is a series that remain unsolved until the end of all the series. Most of the ending didnt even getting close to how to stop this "poisonous and deadly virus".

From what I learned in my biology subject, virus can't be killed. It only can be frozen or weakened. The only way to stop virus is to create a vaccine, a weakened viruses that teach the immune system to train your body to fight disease by mimicking the viruses itself.

But yeah, this is a fiction world. Anything can be happen illogically.
Dec 15, 2017 12:05 AM

Apr 2016
So who makes all the orders?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 15, 2017 7:33 AM

Jun 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

A virus that was created from a jar of curses.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 15, 2017 9:11 AM

Apr 2016
MonoJuMal said:
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

Huh? How? Viruses don't have brains or a concept of time.
Dec 15, 2017 11:05 AM

Nov 2012
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

Huh? How? Viruses don't have brains...

Neither does this series.
Dec 15, 2017 11:25 AM
Apr 2016
well some say natsuko honda was the ousama king
she was mutated with virus and chiemi was also infected with virus
Dec 15, 2017 11:30 AM

Jun 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
MonoJuMal said:

The original Natsuko broke a jar in her family's storage room, because she was angry about not being able to sleep with her cousin. That jar was filled with 1000 year curses that her family liked to collect for fun, only when Natsuko broke the jar she let them out and they infected the entire village with a virus. (this happened in the prequel and it's the only Ousama Game that makes sense)

Years later, that virus discovered cellphones and decided that being a human virus wasn't fun anymore. So it somehow became a digital virus and infected people via the power of mobile technology.

I'm assuming that the jar of curses was so potent that it was able to become gain a brain or something. How? That's not something one really needs to worry about in this series.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 15, 2017 3:25 PM

Apr 2016
MonoJuMal said:
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

The original Natsuko broke a jar in her family's storage room, because she was angry about not being able to sleep with her cousin. That jar was filled with 1000 year curses that her family liked to collect for fun, only when Natsuko broke the jar she let them out and they infected the entire village with a virus. (this happened in the prequel and it's the only Ousama Game that makes sense)

Years later, that virus discovered cellphones and decided that being a human virus wasn't fun anymore. So it somehow became a digital virus and infected people via the power of mobile technology.

I'm assuming that the jar of curses was so potent that it was able to become gain a brain or something. How? That's not something one really needs to worry about in this series.

Okay, thank you. Now what about the being torn limb from limb and the burning to death part. Influencing self-destruction within the host is one thing, but their's certain things the body can't do on its own without environmental influence. Am I to assume that's the curse's doing too?
Dec 15, 2017 3:28 PM

Sep 2009
So which ones are hentai plots? Or are they all basically hentai?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 16, 2017 5:16 AM

Jun 2016
CJ_Kiyoruki said:
MonoJuMal said:

Okay, thank you. Now what about the being torn limb from limb and the burning to death part. Influencing self-destruction within the host is one thing, but their's certain things the body can't do on its own without environmental influence. Am I to assume that's the curse's doing too?

The virus curse uses hypnotism to compel a person's body to do that. So if it says that you're going to die by having all of your limbs torn off, then through the power of hypnotism, you'll do that even though it's not humanely possible.

MortalMelancholy said:

None...
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 16, 2017 2:18 PM

Sep 2009
MonoJuMal said:
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

The virus curse uses hypnotism to compel a person's body to do that. So if it says that you're going to die by having all of your limbs torn off, then through the power of hypnotism, you'll do that even though it's not humanely possible.

MortalMelancholy said:

None...

So all of them? lmao
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 17, 2017 6:29 AM

Jun 2016
MortalMelancholy said:
MonoJuMal said:

None...

So all of them? lmao

Well when you put it like that
lol
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 20, 2017 12:59 AM
Mar 2015
MonoJuMal said:
CJ_Kiyoruki said:

MortalMelancholy said:

None...

I honestly can't suspend my disbelief to believe that. The human body can't all of a sudden have its skin and bones become jello or paper like I'm the cases of beheading or dismemberment and it certainly cannot be hypnotized into Self Immolation. Honestly the entire premise and reveal is way to nonsensical and makes little, if any sense. If it had been an actual curse, I could get behind it, but the idea that it's a virus that infected the phones and network and compels people to die with, "intense hypnotic suggestion" is extremely vague, unfufilling, and completely dissatisfying.
Dec 21, 2017 7:18 PM
Oct 2012
So i cant find a site to read all of them can u help me?
Dec 22, 2017 7:53 AM

Jun 2016
QuiutheAwesome said:
So i cant find a site to read all of them can u help me?

Ousama Game and the prequel have been translated and you can pretty much find it anywhere. The manga that this anime is based on only has one chapter released, but the raws are out there if you're interested.

There are some light novels as well, but I don't know if they've been translated or not. (I just checked and only the first volume has been translated, but it's not finished)

Lukeyuriraine25 said:
MonoJuMal said:

None...

I honestly can't suspend my disbelief to believe that. The human body can't all of a sudden have its skin and bones become jello or paper like I'm the cases of beheading or dismemberment and it certainly cannot be hypnotized into Self Immolation. Honestly the entire premise and reveal is way to nonsensical and makes little, if any sense. If it had been an actual curse, I could get behind it, but the idea that it's a virus that infected the phones and network and compels people to die with, "intense hypnotic suggestion" is extremely vague, unfufilling, and completely dissatisfying.

The original virus/curse took on the feelings of the original Natsuko, who wanted to get revenge on anyone who opposed her relationship with her cousin. The virus then mutated and wanted to destroy everyone else. How did it go into the phone network? I don't know, but it's not something we're meant to question much. It started off as a curse/virus and mutated into something much more.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Dec 27, 2017 8:05 AM
Jun 2017
Thank you for explaining all these things :O I really want to know more about the Ousama Game universe (though I didn't like the anime, but the manga especially Kigen was good), does anybody know a place to read/download the Rinjou manga in english? or maybe a translation of the Metsubo or Shin'en? I know this is a pretty impossible thing but maybe..
Mar 16, 2018 3:07 AM

Oct 2012
Zeinfier said:
Hello, everyone.

I'm writing this to give some info on the events that will happen in the series as there's no Wikia or a translation about the 3rd and 4th manga adaptation of Ousama Game. This will not be thorough timeline since I'll primarily explain the start and ending of each manga adaptation (I will skip the full intro of Kigen and Ousama Game since it's already fully translated).

Timeline:
30 years ago in the remote Yonaki Village. This is where it all started and the participants are all the villagers (30-31 people I think)

Main Characters:
- Honda Kazunari

Main Character:
- Kanazawa Nobuaki
- Honda Chiemi

Main Characters

Main Character:
Honda Natsuko
Kanazawa Nobuaki
Riona Matsumoto

Main Character:

Some info we know:

Main Characters:
Akio Sakamoto
Komatsuzaki Mika

holy shit thanks for explaining everything. bascially the kings game can never end?
Mar 30, 2018 4:14 PM
Mar 2018
So Riona did not go to heaven with the others because she killed herself? I say this because Nobuaki sees all his friends even Natsuko 0_0
Mar 30, 2018 6:50 PM

Oct 2012
Megy_Meow said:
So Riona did not go to heaven with the others because she killed herself? I say this because Nobuaki sees all his friends even Natsuko 0_0

I guess not or we never know since we saw the heaven scene first and then her death.
Mar 31, 2018 11:43 AM
Mar 2018
ss4chris said:
Megy_Meow said:

I guess not or we never know since we saw the heaven scene first and then her death.

I say it because according to religion if you commit suicide then you do not go to heaven and as seen in the scene the sky does exist and Natsuko is there although he killed several of his companions xD
Mar 31, 2018 7:19 PM

Oct 2012
Megy_Meow said:
ss4chris said:

I say it because according to religion if you commit suicide then you do not go to heaven and as seen in the scene the sky does exist and Natsuko is there although he killed several of his companions xD

so killing others means you do? wtf.
Apr 1, 2018 1:13 PM
Mar 2018
ss4chris said:
Megy_Meow said:

so killing others means you do? wtf.

It seems to be the logic of Ousama Game. Idk
May 15, 2018 5:42 PM
May 2018
So I’m confused, I read that nobuaki ( sorry if I spelled it wrong ) is the new king, yet he’s killed by natsuko. So is he the only the king after his first game or is he the king who runs the future games
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2017

138 by Jakerr11 »»
Apr 16, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

131 by Nitrofire11111 »»
Mar 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

316 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 10, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

99 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 6, 11:35 PM

Poll: » Ousama Game The Animation Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

116 by sjw_vegeta »»
Mar 3, 12:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.