Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 7, 2017 4:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Morikawa and Mio got some decent character interactions this episode. I feel like they can connect to a personal level.

Ena an Eita had a late night meeting. I thought it's kinda cute that Eita gave her a drink and she really appreciated it. Regarding Haruto, I wonder what his future will be like. He didn't seem to be thinking about Mio too much anymore.
Dec 7, 2017 5:17 AM

Apr 2010
Morikawa kept her changed look much to the surprise of her classmates, honestly tho i have trouble remembering her old look her character is just so blend.
The other girls, Natsume and Kamiya also seem to have more screen time then her tho i don't consider that a bad thing.

As for Kamiya it seems she has gotten the attention of Izumi however will she be able to win from Natsume?
For now things seem to be going well.
Dec 7, 2017 7:36 AM

Dec 2014
Ena made things awkward for both of them last ep; good that they managed to partly solve that this week.
Would be cool if Eita gets accepted to Mio's old choice, then Ena follows him and Mio gets accepted in another uni. Perfect ending.

Meanwhile St. Valentine day draws closer.
Dec 7, 2017 9:01 AM

Sep 2008
Anathor said:
Ena made things awkward for both of them last ep; good that they managed to partly solve that this week.
Would be cool if Eita gets accepted to Mio's old choice, then Ena follows him and Mio gets accepted in another uni. Perfect ending.

This wouldn't change it.
Have you seen "Tsuki ga Kirei"?
Dec 7, 2017 10:02 AM

Dec 2014
LittleStar said:
Anathor said:

This wouldn't change it.
Have you seen "Tsuki ga Kirei"?

Yeah but there I was rooting for the main girl :P so I was hoping they would stay together even if far apart.
Dec 7, 2017 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
Natsume telling Morikawa that she has finally found the person she really likes showed that she has truly moved on from her first love.

Stark700 said:
Hmm, Morikawa and Mio got some decent character interactions this episode. I feel like they can connect to a personal level.

Ena an Eita had a late night meeting. I thought it's kinda cute that Eita gave her a drink and she really appreciated it. Regarding Haruto, I wonder what his future will be like. He didn't seem to be thinking about Mio too much anymore.

Watch the episode with subs if you don't understand Japanese.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 7, 2017 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Look how popular she is with new hair cut.

Also im saying it now, some bad shit will happen with those schools choices... if you know what i mean...
Dec 7, 2017 11:28 AM

Jun 2015
Things got awkward between Ena and Eita, but it was resolved. Morikawa has gotten a lot more attention ever since she changed her hairstyle. Natsume has come to terms with her misgivings about her future and about her love life.
Dec 7, 2017 11:48 AM

Jul 2012
Eita and Ena's moments were pretty funny to watch. It's nice to see her so happy, but at the same time very sad cause quite obvious where this is going. And for it Nastume this time stepped up her game.
Dec 7, 2017 11:56 AM

Jul 2015
After the whole thing where Ena says he can look forward to Valentines Day Eita said "Muri". Impossible lmao. Tells me his feelings for Natsume are strong and Ena has no chance. Morikawa with that new hair style is cute af. Wonder if that girl that said she doesn't like Morikawa will cause problems for her. Now since both Eita and Natsume are kinda changing their school of choice to match each other I'm hoping it doesn't end up with them going to opposite schools
Dec 7, 2017 11:57 AM

Jul 2014
Well, that conversation between Morikawa and Mio seems to pretty much confirm exactly how this is going to end, but the University situation - with Mio no longer going for Suizan but Eita still doing so - could throw a spanner into the works; of course, love triangles being predictable as they are, I doubt that is actually going to happen, and it just makes it more painful that they're giving so much development between Eita and Ena if they do ultimately just sweep it aside for Mio who, while I don't hate her, simply hasn't been shown to have much chemistry with Eita at all. Then again, if Mio has moved on from her crush on Soma, who's to say it couldn't be the same for Eita and his crush on Mio? Those two crushes have (or had) a lot of parallels and similarities, so could that be foreshadowing their conclusion?

I really want to believe it won't take the predictable route with Eita and Mio, but as they say, it's the hope that kills you.
Dec 7, 2017 12:04 PM
Sep 2012
allenjke said:
Eita and Ena's moments were pretty funny to watch. It's nice to see her so happy, but at the same time very sad cause quite obvious where this is going. And for it Nastume this time stepped up her game.

More like Natsume sorted out her feelings. The way I see it, there's still a long way before she musters the courage to actually let Izumi know how she feels, she even put aside the thought of giving him chocolate on Valentine's Day. I hope she doesn't remain so passive from now on, though. This conflict between Natsume and Komiya is interesting and I'd love to see them going for another round. XD
Dec 7, 2017 12:12 PM

Jan 2016
Something is about to happen, poor Eita is giving it his all while Natsume has changed her first choice.
Dec 7, 2017 12:15 PM
Sep 2012
FireFistYK said:
Something is about to happen, poor Eita is giving it his all while Natsume has changed her first choice.

It's gonna be frustrating, right? XD
Dec 7, 2017 12:16 PM

Jan 2016
Adriel_Trigger said:
FireFistYK said:

It's gonna be frustrating, right? XD

Yea, seems like it at least
Dec 7, 2017 12:29 PM
Oct 2017
wonder if they are going to let each other knows their first choice and change it before it's too late.
Dec 7, 2017 12:33 PM

Sep 2015
Natsume your luck still the worse on the last minute.
Into the Internet!
Dec 7, 2017 12:35 PM
Aug 2010
After this episode I don't know how this is going to end at all, Komiya is definitely taking the lead right now, especially after that change in universities from Mio. Let's hope that my bad luck choosing a best girl doesn't continue here as I really want a Mio ending.
Dec 7, 2017 12:35 PM

Dec 2016
episodes become boring .... 2/5
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Dec 7, 2017 12:37 PM
Mar 2015
Poor MIo She finally realizes she likes Eita and is going to take the entrance exam to Joei his recommem nded school. while he is still is taking the exam to her former first chocie. Eta and Ena finally overcame her confesslatsion and are talking normally again She found out he wants chocolates on Valentines Day because Mio never gave him any. Mio bought him Vday chocolates which will lead to a battle with Enas chocolates One of these two needs to step up and tell the other their feelings before t is too late.
landofthekwtDec 7, 2017 3:20 PM
Dec 7, 2017 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Well this episode became somewhat dramatic for me. My emotions were flying everywhere for a long time. Pretty ticked for me in a certain sense if anything. Poor Eita he is busting hard for the Suizan exam, while Natsume decides to go for Joei exam. This is going to get really ugly if things to not work out soon, and thing do not get found out. This is maybe because both of them are just really idiots. As for the Komiya she is really going for it. I can really see where people are coming from with Komiya and Natsume. I really do. But I think it is already decided.
Dec 7, 2017 12:50 PM

Sep 2015
I feel like this is gonna be a sad ending where they both go to diff universities. Hopefully Ena end up going to his university next year and becomes his gf.
Dec 7, 2017 12:54 PM

Oct 2014
Horray switched destination plot.
Means there's a possibility for an open "we're going to meet again" LDR ending.

Though best girl Ena will probably still get rejected first, before that.
Sad.
Dec 7, 2017 1:02 PM

May 2014
damn someone got it's prediction right

the events happening about Eita and Mio taking different college exams of each other

I've seen someone said that in earlier episode discussion forums.
Dec 7, 2017 1:13 PM
Sep 2015
'Why do people go to college?' Damn, that's what I want to ask this society too.

Morikawa's new look shocked Haruto. Haruto's teacher caught him chatting on his phone but didn't confiscate it? While my teachers here confiscate our phone even when we're not using it fml

Lol @ Ena and Eita avoiding (and copying) each other
Dec 7, 2017 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
Morikawa changing her hair and everyone loves it, haruto with a late compliment too.
Eita and camera girl meet and things are alright I guess, eita and natsume about to take different school entrance exams :(
Dec 7, 2017 1:31 PM
Jan 2016
This episode frustrated and stressed me out with the university situation. I'm really rooting for a Mio ending.
Dec 7, 2017 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
This is the only episode that showed any appealing traits about Natsume. Which was nice, but it was too little too late.

I mean she's still going to win regardless. The switch university plot line is dumb as hell though.
Dec 7, 2017 2:04 PM

Sep 2013
Looks like the predictions that they'll end up going to each others Universities is coming true. That's pretty dumb. Also, a lot of side characters this episode, I'm not sure if we're evens supposed to know who some of them are.
Dec 7, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2011
Hinata said:
I feel like this is gonna be a sad ending where they both go to diff universities. Hopefully Ena end up going to his university next year and becomes his gf.

If Eita sits the exam and gets in its not like he can't change his mind. It just gives him another option as his recommendation still exists. I also think it's unlikely that Eita wouldn't find out about Natsume pulling out of the Suizan exam as you have to travel to sit the exam and he would notice her not going to sit it when he does.

All this said though, I think perhaps some people are misinterpreting the OP. I don't think the OP shows Eita and Natsume walking towards each other in the end. Instead I think it shows them walking PAST each other after they change direction. Eita is busy trying to suppress his feelings for Natsume for as far as he knows she likes someone else. Natsume knows that Eita thinks she likes someone else. Unless she does something, she really is going to be alone.
Dec 7, 2017 2:25 PM

Jun 2011
Ena is like a stalker lol. I know many people don't like Mio, but if you rewatch the beginning Ena is the annoying/ stalker character by definition... Though she is less annoying recently.

What will happen according to me :

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 7, 2017 2:30 PM

Jan 2014
Is it weird that I find Ena as best girl, but I still want MC to end up with Mio? They're not mutually exclusive things, I guess. However, I do think the Ena and Eita character dynamic is better. Still..

I can't believe there's 3 more episodes. This has felt really drawn out (not in a bad way), but I want to see how it ends already because of the anticipation.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 7, 2017 2:37 PM

Apr 2012
Ops. I hope Eita will find out in time that there is no reason to go to that school anymore.
Dec 7, 2017 3:07 PM

Apr 2016
Zelev said:
Is it weird that I find Ena as best girl, but I still want MC to end up with Mio? They're not mutually exclusive things, I guess. However, I do think the Ena and Eita character dynamic is better. Still..

I can't believe there's 3 more episodes. This has felt really drawn out (not in a bad way), but I want to see how it ends already because of the anticipation.

You're not the only one. I like Ena too, but I feel like Natsume should end up with Eita.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 7, 2017 3:17 PM
Jul 2018
I think the series doesn't know how to do things properly but at the same time things are getting better and better. Natsume showed her personality trait decently and of course, it means that she got out of the first choice, and realizing that Morikawa is pretty much well with the resolution.

And as much as I like Komiya, I do want Natsume to win with Eita, just because for me I don't think Komiya and Eita would be good together, nor their chemistry showed any sign of love towards each other, if anything its really one-sided.
Dec 7, 2017 3:23 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, Eita x Komiya feelings for each other are getting real (even though he still tries to deny it).
And now we can be pretty much hopeful that Natsume won't ruin that when she lied about having crush before. But at least she moved on if nothing else.

Not so different hairstyle for Hazuki though, did expected something more flashy (even though I understand her embarassement when everyone started talking about her as she's more of introvert person, that's for sure).

Really wonder how this all concludes... If I have to bet there would be only one pair going out of this and it won't be Hazuki x Haruto either. I'm still baffled about Junpei's role in all this, so far he's pretty much just named sidekick.
Dec 7, 2017 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
So when they'll clear these things up? At first it started so slow but then finally go on pace but this time it feels like it's getting slow again. Meh.

Dec 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Oct 2012
Eita_Izumi said:
Zelev said:

You're not the only one. I like Ena too, but I feel like Natsume should end up with Eita.

I for one think that if this series ends with anything else than Eita ending with Ena, it would be distaster. I mean, they have the best chemistry in the show and that's what love should be about - natural conversations with your loved one while having fun, not those awkward situations that only leaves the other one in pain... All the time they are emphasizing their mutual feelings of liking each other (more than with anyone else I guess) and right at this point it would be pretty much weird if he ended with Mio with almost no build-up at all. Also, it would feel as Mio picked him only because she couldn't have Haruto, and I would felt pretty bad for this choice of pity if I was him. So I don't believe this is likely if this story is to be any good. It would be pretty disappointing otherwise.

Haruto, on the other way, is poised to work hard in the town and his feelings for Morikawa could end in vain in the end if they separates in the end (as the life goes, it's very possible). That's why she had this sad face after talking to him at baseball grounds, she literally has to chose between him (love) or the university (dreams). Pretty hard choice if you ask me as she will be blaming herself for all her life for not chosing the other.
Dec 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Jan 2014
Mich666 said:
Eita_Izumi said:

I for one think that if this series ends with anything else than Eita ending with Ena, it would be distaster. I mean, they have the best chemistry in the show and that's what love should be about - natural conversations with your loved one while having fun, not those awkward situations that only leaves the other one in pain... All the time they are emphasizing their mutual feelings of liking each other (more than with anyone else I guess) and right at this point it would be pretty much weird if he ended with Mio with almost no build-up at all. Also, it would feel as Mio picked him only because she couldn't have Haruto, and I would felt pretty bad for this choice of pity if I was him. So I don't believe this is likely if this story is to be any good. It would be pretty disappointing otherwise.

Haruto, on the other way, is poised to work hard in the town and his feelings for Morikawa could end in vain in the end if they separates in the end (as the life goes, it's very possible). That's why she had this sad face after talking to him at baseball grounds, she literally has to chose between him (love) or the university (dreams). Pretty hard choice if you ask me as she will be blaming herself for all her life for not chosing the other.

Eh, I wouldn't say they have good chemistry. I think you're referring to their character dynamic by how different they are. If anything, Ena is mostly carrying the conversations, but that's due to her personality; it has nothing to do with chemistry. The only reason he's comfortable with her is because he doesn't see her as a lover.

I could also reverse your argument back to you by saying it would be sad if Eita settled for Ena.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 7, 2017 3:47 PM
Oct 2014
I am pretty sure that the university that Mio is going for is the one that Eita got a recommendation for (yep just checked and indeed it is).

Not sure how preferences work in the Japanese university entrance system, but surely his recommendation would still be there even if he takes Mio's former choices exam.
HikariGoDec 7, 2017 4:02 PM
Dec 7, 2017 3:51 PM
Dec 2014
It was fun watching Ena and Eita becoming awkward and conscious of each other but it was even better to see them come to terms, of sorts. I just hope Ena's expectations don't come crushing down. T_T
Also, I kinda felt Natsume's change of heart came very suddenly and out of nowhere.
Dec 7, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
I have a sinking feeling that Ena will end up with the broken heart. To me she is the most sympathetic of the girls.
Dec 7, 2017 5:04 PM

Sep 2017
Well, things are going to get awkward if Eita doesn't find out that Mio changed her first choice. Although, this means the best girl Ena would win... except that wouldn't happen, and it would probably just be depressing. Someone did point out that Mio's new uni is the one that Eita had a recommendation for, which i hadn't realized, so that could definitely spice things up.
Dec 7, 2017 5:46 PM

Nov 2011
Well here we go ladies and Gentlemen, it is Store Bought Chocolate (Natsume) vs Homemade Chocolate (Komiya). The battle for Eita's heart begins...or well I would say but Eita basically confirmed that they can't go back to being on the terms they had before Komiya's confession. =/

Morikawa and SOma interaction was nice.

And I think I can speak for everyone when I say..."I hope the Bluray fixes this fucking TERRIBLE animation!"
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 7, 2017 6:40 PM
Apr 2017
Hinata said:
wouldn't that actually confirm each others feelings tho?
Dec 7, 2017 6:42 PM
Dec 2017
SoraSenpai said:
Well here we go ladies and Gentlemen, it is Store Bought Chocolate (Natsume) vs Homemade Chocolate (Komiya). The battle for Eita's heart begins...or well I would say but Eita basically confirmed that they can't go back to being on the terms they had before Komiya's confession. =/

Morikawa and SOma interaction was nice.

And I think I can speak for everyone when I say..."I hope the Bluray fixes this fucking TERRIBLE animation!"

Jeah, the animation in this episode was far from good. I keep thinking what Eita had in mind with what he said after Ena departed from the shop. I hope nothing negative.
Dec 7, 2017 6:49 PM

Dec 2012
I probably one of few that prefered Morikawa old hairstyle than current one. Not current one is bad but old one is suit her more imho.

I never expected the part Morikawa asked about Natsume feeling to Souma, it was nice she admitted herself and has moved on from Souma. Now the only left for Natsume to making move on Eita from certain stalker clutches.
Dec 7, 2017 7:46 PM
Nov 2017
Today episode is great
Finally Mio realize that she loved someone else other than her 1st love

Hope Mio will be ended up with Eita
I just can't imagine Eita x Ena e.e)
Dec 7, 2017 7:54 PM

Jan 2016
Morikawa new look is better than before and Mayuko is still jealous at her. I wonder if there'll be a drama between two of them cause it's been hinted since the beginning.

The different uni choices though.. Urrgghh this is gonna be painful to watch~
Dec 7, 2017 8:02 PM

Aug 2016
The amount of metaphors and foreshadowing this episode lol..
Mio is studying for the university that Eita got a recommendation for and Eita is studying for the university that Mio originally wanted to go to, but they'll probably end up in the same one after resolving all the miscommunications. Also really happy to see that Mio is over her first choice both in terms of Haruto and her first university, meaning she has changed her mindset to think for herself. Instead of blindly liking someone to fit in with her friends and following her sister to the same university she has began to act independently and more maturely. Character Development Intensifies

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2017

112 by DeBritto »»
Apr 13, 11:48 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2017

354 by OtsuksRiinko29 »»
Apr 3, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2017

110 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:44 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2017

145 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Just Because! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2017

134 by Haru_2806 »»
Mar 17, 12:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.