Forum Settings
Forums

Upcoming 'Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku' Anime Announces Additional Cast Members

New
Dec 5, 2017 3:21 AM

Nov 2007

The official website for the upcoming Death March kara Hajimaru Isekai Kyousoukyoku TV anime has announced two additional cast members. The anime will broadcast on Thursdays at 11:30 p.m. on AT-X, followed by Tokyo MX, BS11 and Sun TV starting January 11, 2018.

Cast
Maasa: Nanami Atsugi (Wake Up, Girls! Shin Shou)
Mia: Airi Eino (the Wake Up, Girls! series)
Nana: Yasuno Kiyono (Isekai Shokudou)

Opening Theme Song: "Slide Ride" by Run Girls, Run!
Ending Theme Song: "Suki no Skill" by Wake Up, Girls!

Source: animate Time 1, 2
Sakana-sanMar 31, 2018 8:05 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 5, 2017 3:28 AM

Apr 2012
Pretty funny. ReZero and KonoSuba were created to mock and parody Isekai, but they only became a powerful boost to the increase of similar anime on the screen.
Dec 5, 2017 4:25 AM

Oct 2014
RobertBobert said:
Pretty funny. ReZero and KonoSuba were created to mock and parody Isekai, but they only became a powerful boost to the increase of similar anime on the screen.

Yh and the current Mahoutskai no yome, that puts the magic back into magic, seems to have no effect at all....
Dec 5, 2017 4:39 AM

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
RobertBobert said:

Yh and the current Mahoutskai no yome, that puts the magic back into magic, seems to have no effect at all....

That is the thing tough, the very fact they went out of their way to mock the other isekai, made themselves unique, thus in turn gave the isekai genre a fresh new breath of life as they changed it. It will be a couple of more years until the trend starts to die off, As their are a couple of new upcoming isekai titles that their stories also brought a fresh take on the genre.
Dec 5, 2017 5:04 AM

Apr 2016
RobertBobert said:
ReZero and KonoSuba were created to mock and parody Isekai

Maybe once, (and only konosuba, re: Zero not a chance) now theyre the same thing they were supposed to parody.

OT: i don't know how this found its way into my PTW, guess i'll watch first episode.
Dec 5, 2017 5:07 AM
Jul 2018
Swagernator said:
RobertBobert said:
ReZero and KonoSuba were created to mock and parody Isekai

Maybe once, (and only konosuba, re: Zero not a chance) now theyre the same thing they were supposed to parody.

OT: i don't know how this found its way into my PTW, guess i'll watch first episode.

KonoSuba is still a parody to this day to be honest, at least for now. KonoSuba embraces its own stupidity but also makes the tropes entertaining and comical by comparison.

Re:Zero though is not a parody. Don't really get how it is a parody (parody means that it mocks its tropes or turns those tropes into something for comedic fashion).
Dec 5, 2017 5:21 AM

Apr 2012
Wasshio said:
KonoSuba is still a parody to this day to be honest, at least for now. KonoSuba embraces its own stupidity but also makes the tropes entertaining and comical by comparison.

Re:Zero though is not a parody. Don't really get how it is a parody (parody means that it mocks its tropes or turns those tropes into something for comedic fashion).

ReZero completely comes out as a dark parody, especially due to Subaru's reaction to the lack of popular tropes in his "real" life. In any case, the author himself perceives his work precisely as a satire.

In any case, I'm not against the genre itself. I'm just amused by the fact that most of the new Isekai is pretty generic works.

-ShadowClaw- said:
That is the thing tough, the very fact they went out of their way to mock the other isekai, made themselves unique, thus in turn gave the isekai genre a fresh new breath of life as they changed it. It will be a couple of more years until the trend starts to die off, As their are a couple of new upcoming isekai titles that their stories also brought a fresh take on the genre.

Well, in the long run, now many newbie think that ReZero and KonoSuba is a cliche storm Isekai, so how do they find out about the genre from it.
Dec 5, 2017 5:24 AM

Mar 2012
RobertBobert said:
Wasshio said:

ReZero completely comes out as a dark parody, especially due to Subaru's reaction to the lack of popular tropes in his "real" life. In any case, the author himself perceives his work precisely as a satire.

In any case, I'm not against the genre itself. I'm just amused by the fact that most of the new Isekai is pretty generic works.

-ShadowClaw- said:

Well, in the long run, now many newbie think that ReZero and KonoSuba is a cliche storm Isekai, so how do they find out about the genre from it.

By watching other anime and read other manga and LN of the same genre and compare it to others, a newbie has to watch others to make an adequate judgement, otherwise they wont have a basis for comparison. Thus their opinion can not be excepted not unless they watch the show entirely and watch multiple stories of the same genre.
Dec 5, 2017 5:34 AM

Apr 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
By watching other anime and read other manga and LN of the same genre and compare it to others, a newbie has to watch others to make an adequate judgement, otherwise they wont have a basis for comparison. Thus their opinion can not be excepted not unless they watch the show entirely and watch multiple stories of the same genre.

Oh, Russian anime fandom is a separate conversation. At us many believe that hatred of any popular titles makes them people with good taste.

Therefore, I doubt that such people will watched at least 2-3 genre works in order to have a correct idea of ​​the genre. For example, they think that all works where the protagonist died and reborn in another world, are copy KonoSuba.
Dec 5, 2017 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
RobertBobert said:
Pretty funny. ReZero and KonoSuba were created to mock and parody Isekai,

Ixion Saga is the Parody one, overshadowed by SAO

Also Blade Play Masterpiece, which is only a manga
Dec 5, 2017 8:33 AM

Jul 2017
Isekai light novel are already very popular the last few years. In fact a lot of bigger titles have yet to get adapted.

Dec 5, 2017 9:08 AM
Jul 2015
I don't mind Isekai as long as it has 2 Males in the Main Cast each getting their own loyal girls, like in "Isekai Mahou wa Okureteru".

Like for example, an Isekai/Fantasy/Action version of Gamers!, with a minimum of 2 male main cast characters each paired with their own respective girls, with romance as a sub-genre and Action/Adventure as the main meat of the story. That's why I didn't liked Hai to Grimgar-something, as even though it's not a Battle Harem and has more than 2 male characters, it doesn't have any romance as a sub-genre in it, and no couples/pairings are formed in it.
CoolitzHubertXVIDec 5, 2017 9:11 AM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 5, 2017 9:14 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, Wake Up Girls crew is all over this anime.
Dec 5, 2017 9:23 AM
Jul 2018
Paul said:

I've just noticed that actually, when I looked back at the list again Lol.

Then again they're doing the OP too so it makes a lot of sense but at the same time I don't know xD
Dec 5, 2017 9:32 AM

Jan 2008
Wasshio said:
Paul said:

Then again they're doing the OP too so it makes a lot of sense but at the same time I don't know xD

Yea, in case those aren't aware Yasuno Kiyono, which is listed with Isekai Shokudou in the opening post, is also from Wake Up Girls as a reoccuring side character and the opening song by Run Girls, Run! is just a 3-person group from the Wake Up Girls crew.

Well I guess it'll be nice hearing new people but dang, they basically just hired the entire idol group to do anything voice acting and singing.
Dec 5, 2017 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Paul said:
Wasshio said:

Yea, in case those aren't aware Yasuno Kiyono, which is listed with Isekai Shokudou in the opening post, is also from Wake Up Girls as a reoccuring side character and the opening song by Run Girls, Run! is just a 3-person group from the Wake Up Girls crew.

Well I guess it'll be nice hearing new people but dang, they basically just hired the entire idol group to do anything voice acting and singing.

So you can kind of say that they're just trying to make them more apparent in the industry I guess?

(Not like it is a bad thing, I actually like this idea but damn).
Dec 5, 2017 9:56 AM

Mar 2014
I can already tell that the girl on the right is best girl
Dec 5, 2017 10:49 AM

Mar 2015
Ah yes, the slice of life (COOKING anime) of Satou the loli harem master. I can't wait! This is one of the currently top 10 web novels in Narou. Hopefully the anime do it justice, though visual arts doesn't seem so good. But that doesn't stop KonoSuba from being popular, so I hope they can give it justice for Death March.

Dec 5, 2017 12:22 PM

Aug 2013
Eh, even if people say it's good idk if I want more isekai taking up slots and potentially breeding more bad isekai. But the character designs are nice...
Dec 5, 2017 12:28 PM
Jul 2015
This Death March anime only features one Male getting his own Harem, right ?

I'd rather watch a Battle and Fantasy Anime where there would be 2 Males in the Main Cast each getting their own loyal female comrades, and I have just found one example of such a story that could be adapted into an Anime.

That is a Fantasy Battle genre Visual Novel with gameplay, where there are 2 male characters in the Main Cast that each gets their own respective harems of loyal female comrades.

The title of that Visual Novel is....... " Venus Blood Ragnarok".

In that VN, the Main Character, Vari, is a strong and manly Half-Demon that would get up to 4 Pretty and Strong Goddesses into his Harem. One of those Goddesses is his own sister, the other is a Loli Blonde with fast and powerful lightning-based attacks, the other is a mature green-haired MILF-like elder lady Goddess with large boobs, and the last of them is another Loli Goddess. Oh, I forgot to mention that Vari will also get a Succubus into his own Harem other than those 4 Goddesses. 2 of those Loli goddesses might be petite, but they are of quite considerable age.

Vari's personality is fearless, brave ( sometimes wreckless in battle to the point he needs his loyal Imouto Goddess to rein him in ) , and manly in battle and when leading his troops, but in everyday slice-of-life moments, he knows how to chill a lot, smiling to the Goddesses in his harem like a sweet and charming gentleman, and he also occassionally likes to crack some jokes here and there, and gives out good advice to his harem, as I have read in that VN. Outside of battle, he can be a very good listener and he takes good care and concern for his Imouto, as he tries to act like a good bro to her, much like Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou.

In that VN, Vari will have sex with all the females in his harem, which includes those 4 Goddesses, and 1 Succubus Archer that'll join Vari's army after Vari defeats him in Endurance during a Sex Endurance Match.

Despite Vari, the 1st Male Lead having so many girls in his own Harem, there is also a second harem group in this game, led by the 2nd Male Lead, a Chibi Shota character by the name of Loki. Don't be fooled by his petite height and young boy face, though. Loki is actually of very old age, so he acts pretty calm, intelligent, and analytical for his age. He also smiles gently when he feels like it, and will not hesitate to crack a grin or too whenever he comes up with new ideas, plans, and strategies. Loki has some brains and charisma befitting for someone with a huge life experience.

Loki is Vari's Chief Strategist, so while Vari and the powerful Goddesses he commands in his harem are the brawns of his Army, Loki is the brains of his Army. Loki's main girl in his harem is a Nun-like character dressed in white robes, whose name is Norun. She is very motherly-like in character and smiles a lot, and is very loyal and protective of Loki, as she loves Loki very much. Loki always does sex with Norun, as they love each other much, and sometimes Norun will be the one doing the Seme on him in femdom plays. Kyaaa!! So adorable was Norun in that game ! Loki you lucky bastard ! XD

The 2nd girl in Loki's harem is a Snake-Girl by the name of Jormugandr. She has good chemistry with Loki, and engages in much skinship and playful interactions with him. The 3rd girl in Loki's harem is a cute girl by the name of Heimdall, who's also a Goddess, and she wears quite sexy pantyhose-like see-through fabric covering her entire body, with only a breastplate armor covering her chest, torso, small section of her crotch and upper back.

So there you have it. Venus Blood Ragnarok is another Visual Novel like Gensou no Idea that features 2 Male Leads each getting their own harem company of loyal female comrades that would be willing to put their lives on the line to defend and protect their Man.

Therefore, I hope any of those 2 VNs gets an Anime Adaptation, so that I can enjoy watching such an Anime where there would be 2 Harem Groups featuring cool male leads and a large cast of attractive and cute female fighters.
CoolitzHubertXVIDec 5, 2017 12:49 PM
I am someone that would like to watch a Harem Anime with 2 male leads that each gets their own harem company of girls from the main cast. For example, 1st male lead gets a company of 4 girls and 2nd male lead gets 2-3 girls etc.
Dec 5, 2017 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
CoolitzHubertXVI said:
This Death March anime only features one Male getting his own Harem, right ?

I'd rather watch a Battle and Fantasy Anime where there would be 2 Males in the Main Cast each getting their own loyal female comrades, and I have just found one example of such a story that could be adapted into an Anime.

That is a Fantasy Battle genre Visual Novel with gameplay, where there are 2 male characters in the Main Cast that each gets their own respective harems of loyal female comrades.

The title of that Visual Novel is....... " Venus Blood Ragnarok".

In that VN, the Main Character, Vari, is a strong and manly Half-Demon that would get up to 4 Pretty and Strong Goddesses into his Harem. One of those Goddesses is his own sister, the other is a Loli Blonde with fast and powerful lightning-based attacks, the other is a mature green-haired MILF-like elder lady Goddess with large boobs, and the last of them is another Loli Goddess. Oh, I forgot to mention that Vari will also get a Succubus into his own Harem other than those 4 Goddesses. 2 of those Loli goddesses might be petite, but they are of quite considerable age.

Vari's personality is fearless, brave ( sometimes wreckless in battle to the point he needs his loyal Imouto Goddess to rein him in ) , and manly in battle and when leading his troops, but in everyday slice-of-life moments, he knows how to chill a lot, smiling to the Goddesses in his harem like a sweet and charming gentleman, and he also occassionally likes to crack some jokes here and there, and gives out good advice to his harem, as I have read in that VN. Outside of battle, he can be a very good listener and he takes good care and concern for his Imouto, as he tries to act like a good bro to her, much like Tatsuya from Mahouka Koukou.

In that VN, Vari will have sex with all the females in his harem, which includes those 4 Goddesses, and 1 Succubus Archer that'll join Vari's army after Vari defeats him in Endurance during a Sex Endurance Match.

Despite Vari, the 1st Male Lead having so many girls in his own Harem, there is also a second harem group in this game, led by the 2nd Male Lead, a Chibi Shota character by the name of Loki. Don't be fooled by his petite height and young boy face, though. Loki is actually of very old age, so he acts pretty calm, intelligent, and analytical for his age. He also smiles gently when he feels like it, and will not hesitate to crack a grin or too whenever he comes up with new ideas, plans, and strategies. Loki has some brains and charisma befitting for someone with a huge life experience.

Loki is Vari's Chief Strategist, so while Vari and the powerful Goddesses he commands in his harem are the brawns of his Army, Loki is the brains of his Army. Loki's main girl in his harem is a Nun-like character dressed in white robes, whose name is Norun. She is very motherly-like in character and smiles a lot, and is very loyal and protective of Loki, as she loves Loki very much. Loki always does sex with Norun, as they love each other much, and sometimes Norun will be the one doing the Seme on him in femdom plays. Kyaaa!! So adorable was Norun in that game ! Loki you lucky bastard ! XD

The 2nd girl in Loki's harem is a Snake-Girl by the name of Jormugandr. She has good chemistry with Loki, and engages in much skinship and playful interactions with him. The 3rd girl in Loki's harem is a cute girl by the name of Heimdall, who's also a Goddess, and she wears quite sexy pantyhose-like see-through fabric covering her entire body, with only a breastplate armor covering her chest, torso, small section of her crotch and upper back.

So there you have it. Venus Blood Ragnarok is another Visual Novel like Gensou no Idea that features 2 Male Leads each getting their own harem company of loyal female comrades that would be willing to put their lives on the line to defend and protect their Man.

Therefore, I hope any of those 2 VNs gets an Anime Adaptation, so that I can enjoy watching such an Anime where there would be 2 Harem Groups featuring cool male leads and a large cast of attractive and cute female fighters.

Okay unrelated: CAN YOU STOP REPEATING THE SAME THING AGAIN? It's getting annoying.

We get it, you want 2 male protagonists in an Isekai. We get it. Just stop saying the same thing, we already saw it so many times x_x

No offense of course.

In other words Death March will not please you because it's an all girls 1 male show. It's that simple to grasp it. Just leave it at that. Even I'm not this desperate to get something, and I don't even beg a lot.
Dec 5, 2017 1:29 PM
Jul 2015
For your reference, this is Vari and Loki from the Visual Novel, "Venus Blood Ragnarok"
Vari is the tall guy, and Loki is the short chibi guy, and both have their own respective harems of loyal female comrades >>

That pic was from a scene when he had an argument with Loki regarding difference in opinions and strategies after Vari had lost a battle with another rival Male Demon. So you might see Vari with a pissed off and angry face there, but there are many scenes where you can see him making warm and gentle smiles and cracking a few jokes, especially when he's interacting with his Imouto ( Vari does sometimes act like a real siscon sometimes )

This is Vari's sister, Brunhild >>>

This is Loki's main girl, Norun, or Norn >>>

Hopefully, Venus Blood Ragnarok will get an Anime Adaptation, as the characters and artwork are much more interesting and cuter than Dies Irae, and it features lots of intense army battles. Plus, we get to see 2 distinct Harem Groups led respectively by the 2 Male Main Cast characters, Vari and his chief strategist, Loki.
Dec 5, 2017 3:19 PM

Aug 2016
RobertBobert said:

ReZero completely comes out as a dark parody, especially due to Subaru's reaction to the lack of popular tropes in his "real" life.

the fact that subaru and other people have ridiculous reactions doesnt make it a parody of the isekai genre, not even close
Dec 5, 2017 4:45 PM

Oct 2015
wat Maasa didn't look good in this anime art .-.
Dec 5, 2017 5:22 PM

Apr 2012
anemonespotte said:
RobertBobert said:

ReZero completely comes out as a dark parody, especially due to Subaru's reaction to the lack of popular tropes in his "real" life.

the fact that subaru and other people have ridiculous reactions doesnt make it a parody of the isekai genre, not even close

Please do not distort my words. It's pretty obvious what I meant.
Dec 5, 2017 8:28 PM
Jul 2015
So, I hope in the future we will get more Isekai Anime, or just plain High Fantasy Anime where the characters are already born and set in that fantasy world with no previous Isekai lives, where there would be 2 Males in the Main Cast each getting their own loyal harem of female comrades, like in the VN Venus Blood Ragnarok.

In that VN, Norn is so loyal to her beloved Loki, that she refused advances from the 1st Male Lead, Vari, during which Vari intended to make her his Contractual Subordinate by asking her if it's OK with that or not, which would require him to have sex with her in order to complete the ritual. ( Think of it as the Slave Contract between Louise and the Male MC of Zero no Tsukaima, only with the genders reversed where the Male is the Master instead of the Female, which in this case would be Vari )

However, Norn is loyal to her Man, Loki, so she rejected Vari's offer. Vari understood and made some funny remarks about Loki before he left the scene. Vari later had sex with one of the Goddesses in his harem to blow off some steam. That scene is an example of what I meant by "Loyal female harem comrades/companions", in which the girl is steadfastly loyal to her beloved Male Harem Leader that she will not ever think of wanting to follow another man or have sex with another man. That scene made me like Norn more than any character in that Visual Novel, and she has been my best girl in that VN till now, more so than Vari's stepsister, Brunhilde.

To be fair to Vari so that you guys don't hate him that much, when he made that offer to Norn, he didn't knew that she and Loki were in a romantic relationship, as he thought that Norn only presented herself as a motherly elder sister figure to Loki, so he made that offer under quite a lighthearted and calm atmosphere with no hint of coercion, so please don't hate Vari that much, as in that VN, he is more focused on chasing glory on the battlefield than becoming a full-fledged womanizer like the MC in School Days. So in terms of womanizing, the MC in School Days is a milllion times more bastard-like than Vari. At least Vari is a much more stronger, kind, charming, and understanding man than him.

So I hope we get to see such Fantasy Animes in the future where 2 Males of the Main Cast are each paired with their respective loyal girl(s), as 2 couples or 2 harem groups would make for a much interesting and entertaining show compared to one where only one Male gets all the girls with no other Males around, like in this Death March anime.
CoolitzHubertXVIDec 5, 2017 8:37 PM
Dec 5, 2017 10:44 PM

Oct 2010
I am someone that would like to watch an isekai anime with one male lead who gets only one girl ever. Who gives a shit?

I hope some children out there think that Smartphone, this, etc. are improving on Konosuba/Re:Zero by innovatively having a powerful protagonist and wanton disdain for inclusion of stakes or negative consequences. (At least that's how Death March was described to me, thus why I plan to watch it.)

Of the summer shows I watched, the one I've since missed the most is Smartphone. Or at least that was the case until I started watching Nodame Cantabile, with its ludicrously overpowered musician/conductor demigod, whose performances turn the classical music world's haughty old men into swooning fangirls. Absolutely delightful stuff, plus great characters and great music.
Dec 6, 2017 12:50 AM

Aug 2015
whats up with all these titles with "kara hajimeru isekai ...."

Re:Zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu
Zero kara hajimeru mahou no sho
and now this one? hahah
Dec 6, 2017 2:41 AM
Jul 2015
OMG I can't believe I forgot to mention the 6th girl in Vari's Harem in the VN, Venus Blood Ragnarok.

The 6th girl is an Ojou-sama character using "Desu wa" as a sentence-ending, as she comes from the Noble Family of Wezrung famed for battle prowess, and she is a sister of the current Wezrung house leader, Sieg.

Her name is Linde, and she has known Vari since a long time ago, and she has a crush on Vari.

Here is Linde Wezrung, and she likes and has a crush on Vari >>

Here is Sieg Wezrung, her Ikemen brother. Sieg is also Vari's rival in martial combat >>>

Here is Sigyn, the Succuber Archer from Vari's harem >> https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5688-868520864.jpg

Here is Jormugandr, one of the girls in Loki's harem other than Norn and Heimdall, and everyone calls her by her nickname "Yorumu" >>> https://rei.animecharactersdatabase.com/uploads/chars/5688-1058816098.jpg

I hope that VN will get an Anime adaptation, as it has 2 Males in the Main cast that each gets their own loyal female comrades.
Dec 6, 2017 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
nDroae said:
I am someone that would like to watch an isekai anime with one male lead who gets only one girl ever. Who gives a shit?

I hope some children out there think that Smartphone, this, etc. are improving on Konosuba/Re:Zero by innovatively having a powerful protagonist and wanton disdain for inclusion of stakes or negative consequences. (At least that's how Death March was described to me, thus why I plan to watch it.)

Of the summer shows I watched, the one I've since missed the most is Smartphone. Or at least that was the case until I started watching Nodame Cantabile, with its ludicrously overpowered musician/conductor demigod, whose performances turn the classical music world's haughty old men into swooning fangirls. Absolutely delightful stuff, plus great characters and great music.

As someone that has read the manga at least (I know not a reliable thing to do), imagine Smartphone but the series is more relaxed and it wouldn't be too much of an big deal. This is more or less a SoL than an normal fantasy/adventure, just something relaxing and that's just it.

And honestly the only person who really gives a shit is one person that will not be mentioned. I can understand if someone wants variety to an setting or concept, but if you're going to force it out like its really something that it should be done, I would rather have none of that because it'll be annoying to deal with.
Dec 6, 2017 8:58 AM

Oct 2010
@Wasshio Perfect! Well, I thought Smartphone was relaxing, because there was never really any tension or difficulty. :D While it was airing, I asked for SoL isekai recommendations and got Death March, Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (which was alright), and Campanella (which I haven't got to yet). Death March seems like a very misleading title. I wonder what overall reaction it'll get, maybe a low 7 score. To me fantasy SoL has the same basic appeal as generic SoL/moe shows, but when it's also an isekai harem it seems to be considered the worst of both worlds.

We're also getting Hakumei to Mikochi next season, which is a very different kind of fantasy SoL and will surely get a more positive general reaction.
Dec 6, 2017 9:03 AM
Jul 2018
nDroae said:
@Wasshio Perfect! Well, I thought Smartphone was relaxing, because there was never really any tension or difficulty. :D While it was airing, I asked for SoL isekai recommendations and got Death March, Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan (which was alright), and Campanella (which I haven't got to yet). Death March seems like a very misleading title. I wonder what overall reaction it'll get, maybe a low 7 score. To me fantasy SoL has the same basic appeal as generic SoL/moe shows, but when it's also an isekai harem it seems to be considered the worst of both worlds.

We're also getting Hakumei to Mikochi next season, which is a very different kind of fantasy SoL and will surely get a more positive general reaction.

I'll basically say that this will probably be your cup of tea then based on the description, because while yes Death March is misleading of an title, I think as something just normal is fine. Though I can see people being off-put with the characters in the show. The MC is generic but just like the MC of Isekai Smartphone (they're not similar actually) is actually tolerable to some degree. Pacing isn't something to be worried about a lot in this one considering the nature of the show.

To me I don't mind harem/SoL because as long as I can feel relaxed rather than being irritated about it, then I'm cool with it. I always place a sort of idea of what I want on a series, even if I don't get it, if it surprises me then that's good and all.

I'm actually looking forward to Hakumei no Mikochi, but that's really because of the director and script writer which are some of the more consistent staff imo. And it'll probably get a more positive reception because of the fact that the series doesn't have those aspects that people are against. Not saying it will be the case, it can be also for how it executes its SoL etc. So I'm looking forward to that.
Dec 6, 2017 11:26 AM

Oct 2010
@Wasshio I don't like males in anime in general, yet somehow I tend to be alright with most LN boys. Well, I loathed Touma in A Certain Magical Index. :D

nDroae said:
I looked at the [Smartphone] poster and thought, "Look at this harem boy smiling in his pimp coat. He looks so annoying." But in the show, he isn't annoying at all, amazingly.

I've been reading the Hakumei to Mikochi manga, and I expect it'll be my 2018 AOTY and one of my favorite anime of all time. No pressure :P
Jan 7, 2018 1:18 AM

Nov 2007
Screening Event
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kuroiwa Medaka ni Watashi no Kawaii ga Tsuujinai' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Today

13 by RobertBobert »»
4 hours ago

» Smartphone Game 'Garena Free Fire' Gets Anime Project

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

39 by Jonas-K »»
4 hours ago

» Manga 'Kinoko Inu' Receives TV Anime in Fall 2024

Hyperion_PS - Today

1 by KryzakamiHrybami »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Kakushite! Makina-san!!' Gets TV Anime in 2025

Vindstot - May 9

15 by Piromysl »»
Today, 4:47 AM

» 'Kimi no Iro' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

6 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.