Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 18, 2017 7:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
About time the pacing picked up a bit. Infiltration time!
This was no doubt Chakuro and Ouni's most dangerous mission yet and I have to say, they are quite brave at what they're doing.

Screw the Imperial Army though. Hope those guys what they deserve. Also, Ryodari...I hope he gets what he deserves too. The guy has one of the worst personalities imo from this season.
Stark700Nov 18, 2017 7:31 AM
Nov 18, 2017 8:47 AM

Dec 2014
Siege part 2; this time around they were waiting for the empire. Even though the kujira dudes went with bows against rifles, they managed to put up a fight.

Ouni going around decimating enemies like nothing, can say it was satisfying to see. Can't say the same about the end of the episode though; should have expected that ambush. That last sentece from Ginshu smelled so much of death flag.

Hakuji making a stand to protect the kids was the least he could do; cosidering he was about to kill them himself, just a couple episodes back.
Didn't particularly care he got finished by Ryodari. Now if someone were to off this pink haired brat, that would be very appreciated.

Shuan vs Ryodari is something to look forward to, next week.
Nov 19, 2017 5:07 PM
May 2015
R.I.P. Tokusa. At least Lykos was able to save Urumi.

Seeing Ouni fight was mesmerizing, lol.

Next week the twins appear. According to the wiki they're called Shikoku and Shikon. I'm also looking forward to Shuan vs Liontari. I'm hoping Shuan at least shuts this boy up for a while; he's so twisted(but weirdly interesting).

Nov 19, 2017 5:58 PM

Dec 2014
Good episode, the insert song was great.

The people of Falaina were able to put up a fight. From what Lykos mentions it seems that people of Falaina seem to have stronger Thymia, probably because they keep their emotions?

Ouni was pretty awesome this episode.

They definitely should have expected that ambush at the end.
R.I.P Tokusa, you did well.

Looking forward to Shuan vs Ryodari, that should be interesting.
Nov 19, 2017 6:27 PM

Oct 2014
Wow. That was my favorite episode so far.
I feel like it made up for all of the issues I had with the first six episodes. All of the mud whalers finally got it together and fought back, no more cowering and bumbling around like idiots.

It felt like everything that happened was monumental. So much of the potential that was built up by the first half of this show is finally being realized. I'm so glad the pace really picked up for the siege, it was even punctuated by a beautiful song from Neri.

Another cliffhanger, but this time I'm actually really excited to see what comes next.
Nov 19, 2017 6:33 PM

Jun 2015
This was a great episode. The insert song was pretty. The people of Falaina were able to defend themselves against the attack. Lykos mentioned that they have stronger Thymia than the imperial soldiers. Ouni's fighting was great. Hakuji defended the children by taking him and the soldiers to their deaths. He was talking to Suou, but Ryodari killed him before he could say anything else. What a douchebag. The ambush at the end was to be expected. That sucks. Shuan vs Ryodari is going to be interesting.
Nov 19, 2017 6:43 PM

Dec 2016
Another massacre as expected for both sides.

Infiltration mission not going so well, of course the enemy would be prepared and lay traps.

Chakuro did save some of them earlier from the ambush.

I am hoping that Shuan beats the crap out of Ryodari/Liontari, definitely a character everyone can hate with his personality, considering they aren't actually supposed to have emotions.
LukesYGO_WSonYTNov 20, 2017 1:18 AM
Nov 19, 2017 7:43 PM

Jan 2014
I'm starting to get annoyed. Just how many people exactly are even on this mud whale? I feel like side characters are getting killed left and right, yet more side characters pop up to fill the void like it's no big deal. Attack on Titan had this same problem. There's no sense of a declining population whatsoever.

As a side note, it was pretty obvious everyone that went inside would die except blue-haired girl.. because they're side characters that barely got introduced.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Nov 19, 2017 9:57 PM

Oct 2016
Ouni was so badass taking down the enemies. And I’m so happy to see Suou saved in that last moment by captain, really looking forward to see the fight between Shuan and Liontari
Nov 19, 2017 10:44 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Shuan really nit the nail on the head when he said that that cunt was as annoying as a damn mosquito, GOD I WANT THIS BITCH TO DIE SO BADLY

It's really hard to watch this because I'm on the edge of my seat out of fear for each and every one of these guys and RIP Bro Tokusa TwT

Ouni was a boss as usual but I hope he and Chakuro can deal with this ambush from the enemy
Nov 20, 2017 12:29 AM

Sep 2015
Dam that trap....
Nov 20, 2017 1:04 AM

May 2010
Good to see more retarded sand whale people die. 'Lets admire the pretty glass'.
Nov 20, 2017 1:32 AM

Jun 2008
Firstly, I have to agree that I am extremely looking forward to Shuan vs Ryodari!!

I also appreciate Ouni more and more every episode. He gets crap done.
Nov 20, 2017 4:00 AM

Apr 2012
I of course apologize, but the author wants to make couple with Nibi and Ouni? These two are too close to each other, and considering that the original manga is shoujo...
Nov 20, 2017 4:06 AM

Apr 2016
Yep, people are dying.

Also someone already kill that pink haired girl.
Nov 20, 2017 5:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
First one to kill pink edge lord is my new favourite character and it looks like blond haired captain is gonna try. Honestly it would be retarded if he just loses after he was being brought up to be as capable as Ouni really.

The lighthearted (dare i say actually trying to be comedic moments) come off as forced, it just doesn't fit to a setting and a situation like this.

That elder sacrificing himself for the children was the best part of the episode IMO, the idea makes me think that but the actual execution is ???. These emotionless and trained soldiers shouldn't let themselves be pushed off by an already slashed old geezer.

Just tidbits like these make me unable to get into this story and i really don't have any hope that it will somehow get very good. Sure it's still interesting enough and i have characters i do care about a little (Ouni and Suou).
Nov 20, 2017 5:51 AM

Feb 2014
Let the assault begin! Both sides are taking casualties as both fight for their respective goals. The sacrifice of the elder to take down two soldiers was pretty admirable, but his last words to Suou was sadly interrupted by the pink-haired asshole, Ryodari. The sooner that guy gets killed off, the better. =/

Things isn't going too well for Chakuro and company. With the group split into two, only Lykos and the other girl survived a gun onslaught by surprise. It'll be interesting to see how Chakuro and Lykos will respond. Either way, I see more bloodshed for next time.

On another note, seeing Neri sing while both sides were clashing each other was surprisingly beautiful and felt a little melancholic as well. I wonder if she'll make any significant moves in the next episode...
Nov 20, 2017 6:00 AM

Jan 2015
OH YEAH, I almost forgot about that Singing Idol girl. Singing in the middle of sandstorm before do the "Bloodshed" may not be a bad idea after all.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Nov 20, 2017 6:04 AM
Jun 2015
Am I the only one who noticed that thing that looked like Mt Rushmore?
Nov 20, 2017 6:30 AM

Jul 2014
It was annoying how much screen time this episode gave to the pink-haired asshole: seriously, I hope he/she/it/whatever gets killed in the most violent way possible. Also, it should have been obvious that it was all a trap, and I bet that they're gonna kill Ginshu as well next week, based on that distinct death flag at the end.
Nov 20, 2017 7:53 AM

Feb 2016
The song with the still shots was done very well!
..But the pacing is terrible. They failed to make a proper adaptation it seems, panel by panel with action and talks in between doesn't seem like a good idea to make into anime. Felt like too little happened with too much unnecessary talking.

At least having stronger thymia gives a lot of hope for the Mud Whaleans.
pls don't kill Ginshu ;_;
AquamirrorNov 20, 2017 7:57 AM
Nov 20, 2017 7:57 AM
Nov 2016
So the Mud whale-crew was having a jolly good time killing people on Skylos and getting to the Nous without encountering any problems... But then, riiiigh the end, they were nearly wiped out... I TOTALLY didn't see that coming(that's sarcasm btw, I did see it coming from a long way out.)

The show is doing a pretty good job with the story but I do feel that they could try and make the lead character Chakuro a bit more likeable, he is mostly a pansy ass dude on the show. Ouni is bad ass and I hope that pink haired dipshit dies at the hands of that Yellow-haired one-eyed badass
Nov 20, 2017 8:14 AM
Nov 2010
Well that was expected lol

Also kill the pink guy. he's the bad kind of annoying
Nov 20, 2017 8:39 AM

Dec 2016
Really great episode, I'm really enjoying the fact we're getting action packed episodes now. Also Ouni is more badass then we could've imagined

Also good looks to the Elder who was a dick most of the series, but hey he went out a hero and you gotta respect him for that

And that ending was fucked!
TheFreycookNov 20, 2017 8:47 AM
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Jul 2009
Yeah, saw that coming. The moment they said the leader's group with just Lykos in it from the main cast i'm like y'all ain't coming back (minus Lykos).

And now I'm sorta worried about the group guarding the door because Ouni and Chakuro left them.

And goddamnit Suou don't scare me like that. I was just praying someone useful would come save you cuz you can't do shit. Thankfully it was Mr.BadHusband.
Swagernator said:
Yep, people are dying.

Also someone already kill that pink haired girl.

Boy. It is most likely a boy. Listen to the voice.

Also, I think it's official now. He still has his emotions. Don't know why Lykos suggested he shouldn't be capable of feeling. MAN FEELS TOO MUCH. BadHusband, kill him please.
InugirlzNov 20, 2017 11:06 AM
Nov 20, 2017 11:07 AM

Nov 2016
That damn edgelord Ryodari, can't stand him at all.

Lot of action and blood during this episode, great.

That ambush at the end was to be expected,was really close to yell at my screen :S

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 20, 2017 11:13 AM

Apr 2016
Inugirlz said:
Boy. It is most likely a boy. Listen to the voice.

In my eyes he's just a little girl, and need to be silenced, for good.
Nov 20, 2017 11:29 AM

Apr 2015
Anyone know, where I can find the 'new Neri's' song from this episode? It was just so epic for me.
Nov 20, 2017 12:33 PM

Nov 2015
I think that this show has gotten me interested in the manga, but having this huge cast of people popping in all of a sudden...plus just weird pacing...is not endearing as far as the anime goes. It's fine but not what I'd hoped.
Nov 20, 2017 12:51 PM

Apr 2012
Shuan best boy. Still haven't forgotten how he treated his wife though.

Ema's song was pretty good.
(why so many people confuse her with Neri wwww)
EratiKNov 20, 2017 1:01 PM
Nov 20, 2017 12:59 PM

Mar 2015
So what was the purpose of the song at the beginning?
Nov 20, 2017 1:00 PM

Mar 2015
Atavistic said:
It was annoying how much screen time this episode gave to the pink-haired asshole: seriously, I hope he/she/it/whatever gets killed in the most violent way possible. Also, it should have been obvious that it was all a trap, and I bet that they're gonna kill Ginshu as well next week, based on that distinct death flag at the end.
Yup, You summed well. where is the like/love button XD
Nov 20, 2017 1:41 PM

Apr 2015
EratiK said:
Shuan best boy. Still haven't forgotten how he treated his wife though.

Ema's song was pretty good.
(why so many people confuse her with Neri wwww)

It's not like I confused her with Neri. I just forgot her name and by saying 'new Neri' I think most of the people knew, about who I was talking. ;)

But now I will remember. Ema! :D
Nov 20, 2017 1:54 PM

Sep 2016
less suou less chakuro more ouni pls
and that pink boi sure full of emotion for being 'emotionless'...
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Nov 20, 2017 4:39 PM

Jul 2016
And for the next episode, we'll have "Bad Husband" vs. "Emotionless Brat" (Kinda
ironic that Shuan, being a "sinner" of the Fareena, is the one who less emotions shows). I hope the next week will be the last we see that pink hair kid.

P.S.: Ema's song sure was gorgeous but I was expecting someting else to happen but... it was just that... a cute song.
Nov 20, 2017 5:32 PM

Jul 2015
Some moments in this anime are so weird, like two emotionless soldiers defeated by a hurted old man, anyway... That pink guy cringes me every time he starts to talk, hope he dies soon.

I still don't care about any character in this anime to feel bad or worried by their deaths, just keep dying whaletards.
Nov 20, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2015
oh god
it was so obvious they'd get countered by the people before the nous
dammit guys, listen to Lykos :c
Nov 21, 2017 4:39 AM

Aug 2013
Ryodari needs to get killed off. Lets hope Shuan does the job. Their fight is something to look forward to.

Ouni was a badass, taking down the enemy like that. The ambush in the end was to be expected.

Nov 21, 2017 10:09 AM

Jun 2016
Ohmygod when that pink-haired girl started singing, I immediately asked myself "What's the point?" then I had a cringe attack. Lmao.

I can't stand that insane asshole from Skylos. Shuan, please kill him slowly. Do us a favor and do it. A badass Shuan again next episode? Yes, please!

Kinda did see it already coming that those kids with Lykos and Chakuro will die, but still goddamn.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 21, 2017 10:53 AM
Jan 2014
This show is pretty high effort and is the kind of thing that should be good, it's just a shame that the MC is such low testosterone beta bitch femboii that it's impossible to like him enough to get all that invested in the story.
Nov 21, 2017 11:42 AM

Nov 2010
That episode was weird. Everything felt like slow motion. Also a lot of things felt so ... arbitrary. Don't get me wrong, i want the show to be good, but this episode really put a strain on me.
For example many characters die without any fanfare from simple arrows, but the elder not just survives a blade through his face but also a large fall (which the enemy magic users didn't, at least they are missing after the fall).
Also i think they failed partially at making the emotionless enemy feel emotionless. I know it is really hard to do, because we are human and it is hard to imagine a person without any emotion, but the scenes showing the enemy discussing things feel inconsistent in the sense that i get a ton of emotion from these guys instead of none (i think the crazy guy was in some kind of experiment so his crazyness is kind of dismissed for now, but if he wasn't he would be the biggest break away from the emotionless drone they described the enemy to be).

Feel free to explain to me if i missed something, but this episode really felt like a real strain on my suspension of disbelief.
Nov 21, 2017 7:21 PM
Jul 2018
This episode to me feels like one of the more weaker episodes, regardless it was still good on its way. Of course, things aren't going so well as it could have been of course with the entire idea, which is kinda an issue for them.

As for the Pink-haired dude... can anyone just kill him with fire? xD
Nov 21, 2017 7:48 PM
Jan 2014
pink hair guy is 100x better than the MC.
Nov 21, 2017 11:16 PM

Oct 2008
And the slaughterfest has begun!
poor old man Elder, just god slashed, dropped from a high altitude and being finally killed by an arrow and the wisdom last words of his wasn't able to finish!
Shuan vs Ryodari would be cool, but I doubt Shuan would be a childsplay against that cruel Ryodari killer!
4/5.

Nov 22, 2017 3:54 AM

Oct 2017
The directing is a bit all over the place in this episode. They should put pink hair girl's song at the end of this ep, which will make the final scene more dramatic.
Nov 22, 2017 6:40 AM

Dec 2014
the fight starts..and it gets more depressing
Nov 22, 2017 8:33 AM
Oct 2017
Took me forever to sit down and watch this episode : I really didn't want to see that overthetop childish cliché pink haired psycho.
The elder dying was fine until the people he pushed over the cliff ... disappeared from the following shot. Did they fly away ?
Lycos-chan could have warned them that it hadn't been enough hardships and things were getting fishy, but she took a plot-convenient amount of time to realize it so that it would be 2 seconds late to prevent the yet-again-another-free slaughter. Speaking of which, it was so expected to happen, because... The way they divided the groups... Everyone who went to the nous room were... Absolutely background characters with 0.5s screentime, plus Lycos who obviously survived. BTW Suon should have died in that other encounter. I support him but pink psycho spending over 30seconds before slicing a throat is OOC and obviously plot-guided. What was he thinking, going to the front line without thymia? Weird and irresponsible. I understand the despair to be useful but... Sigh. I guess that's the traditional kamikaze ways or something?

Maybe the two nous have been interacting through the song, I wonder what will happen about that. Still interested obviously but I take no pleasure watching this. I feel very sorry for the staff because they put so much work and somehow it's still "cold"
Nov 22, 2017 4:27 PM

Jun 2015
Everything wrong with this anime
Nov 23, 2017 3:19 AM
Aug 2017
Why did everyone call Liontari as Ryodari?
Nov 23, 2017 5:14 AM

Dec 2014
Himawari9 said:
Why did everyone call Liontari as Ryodari?

https://myanimelist.net/character/149279/Ryodari
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2017

95 by Noelle43 »»
Apr 24, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

63 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 8, 1:44 AM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2017

160 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 7, 9:55 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2017

46 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 14, 2023 7:38 PM

Poll: » Kujira no Kora wa Sajou ni Utau Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2017

51 by RawrOMG »»
Sep 11, 2023 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.