Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2017 2:18 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh this was an intense episode. Seeing Boruto in action and kicking ass was fun to watch and he did a neat job at it too.

Not to mention, he uses Shadow Clones (like the way his Father does)
Shizuma Hoshigaki's transformation looked hideous.
Nov 1, 2017 3:25 AM

Jul 2011
Shadow clones assist gale palm attack was nice :o

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Nov 1, 2017 4:04 AM

Feb 2013
Samehada was the only good thing about this episode.
Shizuma was too weak anyway.
Nov 1, 2017 4:14 AM

Oct 2015
I like seeing that the new series has some creative new techniques. I hope to see more attacks like "gale palm". It's like the writer of the series listened to my childhood self.

The next episode seems like some sort of filler, even if the entire series has no base to begin with. I'd like to see them become gennins finally.
Nov 1, 2017 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
Man this episode was too intense. The teamwork between Mitsuki and Boruto was great and that gate palm attack was just the icing in the cake.
Nov 1, 2017 5:29 AM

Jul 2017
Action was great and well animated
But Kagura...sigh

Also Excellent Mitsuki/Boruto team work it was nice tho
5/5 Nothing to say.
Look forward to the next arc
Nov 1, 2017 6:02 AM
Apr 2017
Cool episodes. Great fights, nice animation, looked like pure sakuga in all episode) Like Mitsuki and Boruto teamwork)
Nov 1, 2017 6:03 AM

Dec 2016
Really nice episode ! But next episode ... yey .. boruto forget to bring a souvenir to her sister.. it will again be boring ^^'
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Nov 1, 2017 6:25 AM
Mar 2015
I think this is my favorite episode this far, this was the first episode where i was worried for boruto and mitsuki despite knowing they will survive.

There wasn't any unrealistic talk no jutsu in this episode
Nov 1, 2017 6:38 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
I'm very glad that Shizuma wasn't pathetic like the rest of his crew (Minus Benten of course) but I kinda wanted to learn his exact relation to Kisame though >.<

Other than that, Kagura is the biggest dumbass ever but thankfully he came to his senses (People can complain about TnJ but this kid is Boruto's friend and it would be incredibly retarded and out of character for him to kill his friend over stupidity)

The fight scenes and the animation were awesome though, especially during that BORUTO STREEEEEEAAAAAMMMMM and the combo by Boruto and Kagura....Mitsuki was a badass as usual so I'm not surprised by that lol but his teamwork with Boruto was LIT

I admit that I was a bit underwhelmed in the first half but it was still a good episode overall
Nov 1, 2017 6:39 AM

Jun 2014
Pretty good action in this episode, and it was cool to see Boruto briefly wielding half of Hiramekarei to beat Shizuma.

Now that all of this is over, it's back to the boring filler stuff......well I guess it's technically not filler in the conventional sense, but it feels that way. I saw Orochimaru in the preview though, so that will probably be the most interesting part of the episode.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 1, 2017 6:42 AM

Apr 2012
Finally a decently animated fight, tag-team with Mitsuki was rad.
EratiKNov 1, 2017 7:23 AM
Nov 1, 2017 7:08 AM

Dec 2014
It was an average episode, action and Samehada were the only things I liked about it.

I knew I could count on Samehada to do the right thing and devour Shizuma, the episode should have ended with Samehada eating Shizuma and burping. That would have been class. The fusion transformation was unneeded. Shizuma was too weak anyway.

Back to random stuff from next episode I guess.
Nov 1, 2017 7:31 AM
Apr 2016
Whatever you will be , you're still my friend

-Boruto
Nov 1, 2017 7:49 AM

Jan 2017
kagura waves his sword around (anticipate a jutsu...) nothing happens

boruto got his first major sort of wound, albeit not so heroically

a lot of talk-no-jutsu but it got exciting at points(they definitely turned up the animation for the fight); but some 'dead' ambitions from shizuma

some original tactics; i think mitsuki is one of the most interesting characters.. definitely my favourite.

after that fight, walks over and says "its over,"

NO S**T SHERLOCK, we can see that... he is too funny (*≧▽≦)ノシ))
Nov 1, 2017 7:57 AM

Jun 2015
The action was well animated. Shizuma was too weak to handle Samehada and got eaten by it. His transformation was creepy. Boruto and Mitsuki did great teamwork. Boruto's gale palm attack was pretty cool.
Nov 1, 2017 8:00 AM

Sep 2015
So that Shimuza guy died right
Nov 1, 2017 8:03 AM

Jan 2017
Wasn't the biggest fan of the construction of some aspects of Kagura's character. Other than that I thought that the arc was nice.
Nov 1, 2017 8:33 AM

Aug 2013
Such a fantastic episode with great action sequences. Nice animation as well. Really enjoyed the conclusion to this arc.
Nov 1, 2017 9:01 AM
Apr 2011
Kagura was the weakest part of this arc. I loved the tactical way of using jutsus here, really smart stuff rather than just blowing stuff up.
4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42 4 8 15 16 23 42

http://putridcheese.deviantart.com
http://www.booksie.com/tosh/
http://stoptazmo.com/
Nov 1, 2017 9:16 AM

May 2016
Wow, this fight was good. Best fight yet.
HyperLNov 1, 2017 9:42 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Nov 1, 2017 9:23 AM

Sep 2013
Nice fight, shizuma not a pushover.
he turned into a fish man XD I guess that explains kisame being a fishman too, he was inexperienced but no one stopped him so the fish form stayed permanent.
Nov 1, 2017 9:26 AM
Sep 2017
The action was so good that it made me forget all about Kagura's terrible character writing.
The most epic and mysterious moment was when Boruto activated the JOUGAN. It was really cool. It made me wonder a couple of things, the most important among these is the fact that Jougan activates whenever Boruto gets very excited or intense.
The story ended really well with actions making you completely forget about the plot.
And Mitsuki! Oh...my...God! He is absolutely awesome. I just love him! He is so cool, calm and strong! and sweet!
The saddest part is that as the series is becoming better day by day, the rating is decreasing. Previously it was 7.35, now its 7.33. So sad!
Nov 1, 2017 10:00 AM

Oct 2015
I wonder about, Sarada and Hachiya relationship hahaha...
Nov 1, 2017 10:13 AM

Apr 2012
ichii_1 said:
Nice fight, shizuma not a pushover.
he turned into a fish man XD I guess that explains kisame being a fishman too, he was inexperienced but no one stopped him so the fish form stayed permanent.
No, in old threads they explain he had this appearance before he got the sword (in flashbacks).
EratiKNov 1, 2017 10:22 AM
Nov 1, 2017 10:21 AM

May 2014
Really awesome episode.
But the ending seemed really rushed? Also was that shikimaru in the shadows when Shizuma was talking? Wtf.

Awesome animation and Shizuma showing his true colors but it was kinda cheesy without much new things with him, and we didn't get a closure for the arc.. That was annoying.
4/5

Nov 1, 2017 12:39 PM
Mar 2015
Suradoe_Uchiha said:

The saddest part is that as the series is becoming better day by day, the rating is decreasing. Previously it was 7.35, now its 7.33. So sad!

Boruto is very underrated relative to other series on MAL, i guess the reason is that it is a different type of series than naruto resulting it some naruto fans not liking it.

I increased my rating to 9/10 after watching this episode, sure the series has some issues(plot armor, sasuku and naruto being overpowered, not as mature as shippuden, etc) but it is still the only series i am following now.
Nov 1, 2017 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
Despite budget cuts it was still pretty good where it counted.
It wasnt really a good arc though. Glad its over and hopefully we get something more interesting next.
Nov 1, 2017 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
Those fights are amazing! I adore the speed it all goes with, the moves, smooth and meaningful. My only complaint about the whole series would be how they are always creating shadow clones behind the screen unseen to anyone but them, but hey, well, eh! It is stunningly well done, all aspekts accounted for.
Re:formed
Nov 1, 2017 2:56 PM
Apr 2016
Tokoya said:
I'm very glad that Shizuma wasn't pathetic like the rest of his crew (Minus Benten of course) but I kinda wanted to learn his exact relation to Kisame though >.<

Other than that, Kagura is the biggest dumbass ever but thankfully he came to his senses (People can complain about TnJ but this kid is Boruto's friend and it would be incredibly retarded and out of character for him to kill his friend over stupidity)

The fight scenes and the animation were awesome though, especially during that BORUTO STREEEEEEAAAAAMMMMM and the combo by Boruto and Kagura....Mitsuki was a badass as usual so I'm not surprised by that lol but his teamwork with Boruto was LIT

I admit that I was a bit underwhelmed in the first half but it was still a good episode overall

I think the turning point (which was, as always, well done) was when Shizuma told Kagura he actually does not care about him, he was just using him for the fun. And Kagura thought he was actually a friend to Shizuma, but that revelation surelly shattered his self-created illusion. Thus, anyone claiming "Talk no Jutsu" is a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Nov 1, 2017 3:21 PM

Feb 2012
This guy Shizuma was just one big walking cringe character, his whole idea about starting the war was stupid.

But at least the fight was nice and the way Boruto beat him in first round was really cool, his transformation I wasn't really feeling too much, so I'm glad he got beat really fast, thought they might drag it another one.

Looks like we're back in Konoha next week, and Orochimaru in the preview that's good.
Nov 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Mar 2016
Intense battles ... uhhhh shit .... that’s all I have to say

bye
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2017 3:37 PM
Apr 2016
Ramkec said:
This guy Shizuma was just one big walking cringe character, his whole idea about starting the war was stupid.

But at least the fight was nice and the way Boruto beat him in first round was really cool, his transformation I wasn't really feeling too much, so I'm glad he got beat really fast, thought they might drag it another one.

Looks like we're back in Konoha next week, and Orochimaru in the preview that's good.

Of course it was stupid. The thing is, he did not care, right? The concepts of stupid and smart mean nothing to him, because he enjoyed it. You gotta try to understand what kinda insane enemy character is before you to provide worthy criticizm, just saying.
Nov 1, 2017 3:47 PM

Dec 2013
The action in this episode was more hype than I expected.
Nov 1, 2017 4:15 PM

Jan 2016
That was quite an unexpected move from Boruto that was sick!
Hopefully it won't be too long of a setup until a new arc starts, since this is giving me a feeling that the next episode is gonna be a filler....
Nov 1, 2017 4:16 PM

Jan 2008
Kagura and Boruto's fight was terrible. Thank goodness everything got better when they fought Shizuma. Not amazing, just better.

Kinda wished they showed Boruto learning his wind and lightning jutsus.

Hope this arcs done.
Nov 1, 2017 4:41 PM
Jan 2014
Well that was yaoi ...XD, this episode end like always was predictable, the good things are the interactions with sarada and the others but in the end the it feels like this arc lost their point.
Nov 1, 2017 4:51 PM

Oct 2015
This whole arc was a waste. I can see how from a physical ability stand point Kagura might be considered for Mizukage, but after that arc I would never let him near the position. He's too easily manipulated and dense. The villains were laughable at best and annoying at worst. Glad its over.
Nov 1, 2017 5:39 PM
Nov 2017
I’m wondering why Boruto’s eye triggered during his time fighting with Kagura WHAT IS HIS DOJUTSU!!!?
Nov 1, 2017 7:05 PM

Dec 2009
I think I actually like the Boruto anime better then Naruto now overall. Holy crap episode 31 was so freaking good. Great animation, fight scenes, and a shit ton of teamwork. The character chemistry between the various cast members puts a smile of my face too.
Nov 1, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2009
thebrentinator24 said:
Pretty good action in this episode, and it was cool to see Boruto briefly wielding half of Hiramekarei to beat Shizuma.

Now that all of this is over, it's back to the boring filler stuff......well I guess it's technically not filler in the conventional sense, but it feels that way. I saw Orochimaru in the preview though, so that will probably be the most interesting part of the episode.

De-escalation between major arcs is kinda needed though.
Nov 1, 2017 7:53 PM
Oct 2007
Suradoe_Uchiha said:
The action was so good that it made me forget all about Kagura's terrible character writing.

The story ended really well with actions making you completely forget about the plot.

This!! The fight / battle was pretty cool and only saving grace to be frank.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2017 8:36 PM
Mar 2016
Ahh this show isn't even as good as the original Naruto and that wasn't as good as shippuden. I just hate the characters so much, they are not even close to their parents in design. Ps. Bitch all you want at me this is my opinion.
Nov 1, 2017 9:40 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Daniel_Naumov said:
Tokoya said:

I think the turning point (which was, as always, well done) was when Shizuma told Kagura he actually does not care about him, he was just using him for the fun. And Kagura thought he was actually a friend to Shizuma, but that revelation surelly shattered his self-created illusion. Thus, anyone claiming "Talk no Jutsu" is a REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...
Yeah, I think so too tbh....Kagura is still pretty stupid though
Nov 1, 2017 11:43 PM

Jul 2016
Animation was good.

Story was shit.

Boruto as strong as sage Naruto already and not even out of school.
Nov 2, 2017 4:19 AM

Feb 2016
Great Mitsuki/Boruto action. Really enjoyed this episode.
Nov 2, 2017 6:56 AM

Dec 2010
Quite good tbh. Loved the fight. Tho I find Kagura's "omg I'm a weakling!! I'll just stay here and cry and look how everybody fights" pretty irritating and exaggerated.

Also I keep asking myself how the hell are those kids, that aren't even genins, so strong? I remember Naruto not being able to even create one correct shadow clone before the genin exam. Also Sasuke at Boruto's age was barely able to use his fire jutsu.

Also, another thing I hate is how weak the kage was. Like really. He is a damn kage after all.
Nov 2, 2017 9:05 AM

Jul 2017
KAKASH1_UCH1HA said:
Ahh this show isn't even as good as the original Naruto and that wasn't as good as shippuden. I just hate the characters so much, they are not even close to their parents in design. Ps. Bitch all you want at me this is my opinion.

well, im not bitching, i do appreciate ur opinion, well maybe its not ur taste for having this OP kid
but im still keep watching and enjoy the series as much as i can, but its okay for you to drop but well oh do whatever you want, that ur priorities XD
Nov 2, 2017 11:00 AM
Jun 2008
I just love Mitsuki .
His fight style is so damn cool.
Nov 2, 2017 11:14 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
As the grandson of such a blood soaked figure from such a time period I can only guess at the hardships that Kagura went through. So Mai was also doing her own investigations and managed to locate all the remaining traitors then. Looks like this coup is over. Shizuma only cares about turning the village back into a blood soaked one where he can kill more again. The tag team of Boruto and Mitsuki sure is effective. The fight between the two really is pretty intense though. Like his father Boruto's tactics really are creative. Never expected the sword to actually become the last boss though but it serves Shizuma right. Its nice that in the end Kagura saw the error of his ways and helped to bring an end to this. Now that was an interesting arc. Nice to see the village hidden in the mist has changed under Chojuro.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 168 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 4, 2020

28 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 23, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 173 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2020

26 by bottleblonde »»
Apr 18, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Apr 17, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.