Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2017 1:30 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
korean scans are out

damn Eraserhead is disabled by that vector/arrow quirk villain

and Deku is having a hard time fighting Overhaul then suddenly the ceiling floor collapse and now Ochako and Froppy as well as the dragon quirked hero is here too
Oct 5, 2017 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
Poor Eri...I feel really bad for her.

But hey, at least reinforcement is here now. Hope they can save her. I want to see Ochako kick some major ass.
Oct 5, 2017 2:04 AM

Dec 2013
Interesting that Chisaki can use that truth quirk.

The girls have arrived and they are STILL fighting the giant dude.
Oct 5, 2017 2:11 AM

Aug 2010
Eri-chan ;_;

For some reason I kinda lol'd when she said "No" about thinking Deku can save her xD So much for that :P

Let's see what the girls can do now. Didn't expect Nighteye saw Deku dying as well :o
Oct 5, 2017 2:20 AM

Jan 2009
damn nice to see that Nighteye is still alive somewhat

and MANCHESTER SMASH!!! lol if All Might is about American locations then Deku is European locations
Oct 5, 2017 3:55 AM
Oct 2017
Damn that Chrono guy was hot AF. I just wish eraserhead comes out safely.

I Still think that Mirio is gonna die.
Oct 5, 2017 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
that was kinda letdown, but the development is intersting... eri starting to annoy me tbh...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Oct 5, 2017 5:40 AM

Jun 2014
Oh shit I almost forgot about Team Ryukyu. Hopefully this will be enough to help defeat Chisaki.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Oct 5, 2017 6:02 AM

Oct 2008
I was p irked that they left all the girls at the front door including the literal friggin DRAGON so I'm pumped to see them busting through the ceiling!! Dragon Action!!!!!!
Oct 5, 2017 6:08 AM

Dec 2015
lol! finally! the girls came to the rescue! thought they were forgotten.
Oct 5, 2017 6:15 AM
Jun 2013
I really want Chisaki to taste some of his own medicine.

You know, the quirk erasing kind.
He will be left with literally nothing. Just like he deserves.
Oct 5, 2017 6:46 AM

Nov 2016
Yet another group is interfering in this battle.

And while Eri might be annoying, I feel so bad for her..

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 5, 2017 7:57 AM
Mar 2015
The cavalry arrives in the nick of the time
Oct 5, 2017 8:45 AM

Apr 2015
Just how much will Eri need to suffer?

Yass now hurry and help him.

4/5
Oct 5, 2017 9:22 AM
Dec 2016
That was some deus ex machina shit right there. The floor just happened to fall right on top of Chisaki. Not that I'm complaining.
Oct 5, 2017 9:51 AM

Sep 2013
Deku to straightforward with his attacks and eri needs to come out but the others arrive.
Oct 5, 2017 10:27 AM

Feb 2013
Reinforcements are here!
Oct 5, 2017 10:42 AM

Apr 2017
Uravity and froppy are here! About fucking time..I completely forgot about them

Oct 5, 2017 12:18 PM

Sep 2015
This arc has gone downhill in the past 3 chapters
Oct 5, 2017 12:29 PM

Sep 2014
haze__ said:
This arc has gone downhill in the past 3 chapters

Past 3 chapters? The chapter from last week was probably the hypest sh*t in the past year, what are you even talking about lmao
Oct 5, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2014
Sir Nighteye is not dead...... what a plot armor and deus ex machina at the end of the chapter appeared....

1/5

this arc is garbage
Taito10Oct 5, 2017 12:53 PM
Oct 5, 2017 12:46 PM

Aug 2015
Honestly, seeing Midoriya get saved/receive help again is starting to annoy me. Not because I think it makes him weak, but because I want everyone to understand just why Deku is the right person to inherent One for All. Having him fight with his friends is good and all, but every now and then I want them to take a back seat and let the true star shine.

Just when we were about to see Deku prove his words, someone had to show up and steal a part of his spotlight... again. Don't get me wrong; I don't need Deku to win. I just need him to fight on his own. That's what happens when you get invested with a protagonist. You root for them.

Even I am starting to doubt Midoriya, especially when you've got a great guy like Mirio who tugs at your heart strings. And it's not like I like Mirio because he's strong. I like him because he got shit done on his own. Hell, I'm starting to care more about Mirio than Midoriya, and that's not a good thing when Mirio is not the protagonist.

Overall, it's starting to wear on me. Chapter was ok.
StarisametaphorOct 5, 2017 12:54 PM
...At least let me finish.

Oct 5, 2017 2:46 PM

Apr 2017
Taito10 said:
Sir Nighteye is not dead...... what a plot armor and deus ex machina at the end of the chapter appeared....

1/5

this arc is garbage

Soooo..You just assumed he's not gonna die? *sigh* alright

Oct 6, 2017 4:44 AM
Jun 2013
What even is Eri's power at this point?

I know it has to do with erasing quirks but why the hell can't she do it on her own?
If she wants Chisaki to stop so badly, she could just fuck up his quirk for eternity.
Oct 6, 2017 4:59 AM

Dec 2013
megakruemel said:
What even is Eri's power at this point?

I know it has to do with erasing quirks but why the hell can't she do it on her own?
If she wants Chisaki to stop so badly, she could just fuck up his quirk for eternity.

Its her blood that destroys quirks.
Oct 6, 2017 8:16 AM

Dec 2014
Seeing Mirio's destroyed face like that was so incredibly sad. T.T

Deku's attacks are too straightforward, Chisaki's got the upper hand against him.

Damn, Eri coming back like that was surprising and especially when you see the way Chisaki has basically brainwashed her into thinking she should be the only one who should suffer. Feel so bad for her. :(

Reinforcements are here! I think I would've liked it even more had they arrived after Deku had fought Chisaki a little longer but hey, let's hope together everyone can take Chisaki down.

Bones adaptation of this is gonna be glorious.
Oct 6, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 2017
Starisametaphor said:
Honestly, seeing Midoriya get saved/receive help again is starting to annoy me. Not because I think it makes him weak, but because I want everyone to understand just why Deku is the right person to inherent One for All. Having him fight with his friends is good and all, but every now and then I want them to take a back seat and let the true star shine.

Just when we were about to see Deku prove his words, someone had to show up and steal a part of his spotlight... again. Don't get me wrong; I don't need Deku to win. I just need him to fight on his own. That's what happens when you get invested with a protagonist. You root for them.

Even I am starting to doubt Midoriya, especially when you've got a great guy like Mirio who tugs at your heart strings. And it's not like I like Mirio because he's strong. I like him because he got shit done on his own. Hell, I'm starting to care more about Mirio than Midoriya, and that's not a good thing when Mirio is not the protagonist.

Nothing else Deku could have done to win he is way too inexperienced and still getting used to his quirk, unless done it through an asspull. Your forgetting one of the reasons why All Might is messed himself up was by doing everything himself, being a hero is learning to work in a team and receiving help when lives are at stake this is not a tournament or DBZ.

Sure Mirio would be a great successor to All Might so will Deku difference is their learning speed plus Miro is a third year student everybody is different. Plus it's easy to concentrate on his losses and forget about wins.

I say if getting annoyed now Deku losing you might as well stop reading because there's alot trials and tribulations ahead Deku gone face including losses. This is not Fairy Tail.
Temujin26SOct 6, 2017 9:24 AM
Oct 6, 2017 10:01 AM

Aug 2015
Temujin26S said:
Starisametaphor said:

Nothing else Deku could have done to win he is way too inexperienced and still getting used to his quirk, unless done it through an asspull. Your forgetting one of the reasons why All Might is messed himself up was by doing everything himself, being a hero is learning to work in a team and receiving help when lives are at stake this is not a tournament or DBZ.

Sure Mirio would be a great successor to All Might so will Deku difference is their learning speed plus Miro is a third year student everybody is different. Plus it's easy to concentrate on his losses and forget about wins.

I say if getting annoyed now Deku losing you might as well stop reading because there's alot trials and tribulations ahead Deku gone face including losses. This is not Fairy Tail.

Read properly. I literally said in my post that I don't need him to win. I just need him to fight on his own. Check the difference before you drop a reply.

The annoyance is not about him losing (he hasn't even lost yet, where did you even get that from?) the annoyance stems from him getting saved. The hell does Fairy Tail even have anything to do with my comment?

If you get so on the defensive when people have different opinions than you, to the point that you need to put words in their mouths just so you can try and justify your arguments, you need to reavulate yourself. And your twisted logic. Nothing you said made sense in relation to my comment.
StarisametaphorOct 6, 2017 10:05 AM

Oct 6, 2017 10:33 AM
Jan 2017
Starisametaphor said:
Temujin26S said:

Read properly. I literally said in my post that I don't need him to win. I just need him to fight on his own. Check the difference before you drop a reply.

The annoyance is not about him losing (he hasn't even lost yet, where did you even get that from?) the annoyance stems from him getting saved. The hell does Fairy Tail even have anything to do with my comment?

If you get so on the defensive when people have different opinions than you, to the point that you need to put words in their mouths just so you can try and justify your arguments, you need to reavulate yourself. And your twisted logic. Nothing you said made sense in relation to my comment.

What your saying makes no sense why wouldn't he need saving, his fighting a battle on his own where he has high chance of not winning and lives are at stake in addition to him being cornered. Now if no help came the author went with your dumb logic of him not being being saved he would be forced once again to use 100% damaging his arms permanently or even worse. Another reason your post makes no sense there have been times Deku has fought on his own and not needed help so your point is moot.

Your annoyance implies you want him to win or his not winning enough in your head. Your that one got triggered by chapter made a nonsensical post.

You know why I mentioned Fairy Tail and what is known for so don't play dumb.
Temujin26SOct 6, 2017 10:41 AM
Oct 6, 2017 1:22 PM

Aug 2015
Temujin26S said:
Starisametaphor said:

What your saying makes no sense why wouldn't he need saving, his fighting a battle on his own where he has high chance of not winning and lives are at stake in addition to him being cornered. Now if no help came the author went with your dumb logic of him not being being saved he would be forced once again to use 100% damaging his arms permanently or even worse. Another reason your post makes no sense there have been times Deku has fought on his own and not needed help so your point is moot.

Your annoyance implies you want him to win or his not winning enough in your head. Your that one got triggered by chapter made a nonsensical post.

My opinion remains unshaken. I wanted him to face his battles on his own, because I desire to see the skills he's fostered up to date used against the villain of the arc. With a chapter being wrapped up while Deku throws in inspirational words, it's only logical to expect him to live up to it. Having someone back him up right after, is frankly anti-climatic. What annoys me the most is the fact that it isn't the first time since it happened. I guess people disliking what you like nowadays is the same as nonsensical?

(It's sort of funny how you keep bringing up Fairy Tail, like do you want to start a discussion about it in a completely irrelevant thread or something? Or is it that you think it would be too plot convenient if Deku fought on his own.

I guess people showing up just when Deku needed them isn't plot convenient either?)

Although it's funny how you call me triggered (nowadays y'all just using that word pretty easy but don't quite understand what it means and forget to look into the mirror, I guess?). Since you've got me calmly stating my dislikes and there's you, who clearly has a problem with that.

After all...

You've got me, stating my dislikes of the chapter and then you've got yourself, replying to my dislikes and summarizing with ''This is not Fairy Tail'' (lol) and dropping in a couple of other irrelevant anime that have nothing to do with my post (lol DBZ, calm down), and you call me triggered because you can't handle my opinion?

Boi.

You've got yourself, so against my opinion, you said ''dumb'' twice (relax) and ''nonsensical'' right after I called you out (take a breather), and you call me triggered?

Boi.

(I can almost taste the salt).

Sit down. Don't get too triggered when people don't worship the feet of the manga you love. Sorry I couldn't like this chapter. Maybe next time? Will that make you less pressed?

Oct 6, 2017 4:27 PM
Jan 2017

Overall, it's starting to wear on me. Chapter was ok. [/quote]

I say if getting annoyed now Deku losing you might as well stop reading because there's alot trials and tribulations ahead Deku gone face including losses. This is not Fairy Tail. [/quote]

If you get so on the defensive when people have different opinions than you, to the point that you need to put words in their mouths just so you can try and justify your arguments, you need to reavulate yourself. And your twisted logic. Nothing you said made sense in relation to my comment.[/quote]

[/quote]

My opinion remains unshaken. I wanted him to face his battles on his own, because I desire to see the skills he's fostered up to date used against the villain of the arc. With a chapter being wrapped up while Deku throws in inspirational words, it's only logical to expect him to live up to it. Having someone back him up right after, is frankly anti-climatic. What annoys me the most is the fact that it isn't the first time since it happened. I guess people disliking what you like nowadays is the same as nonsensical?

Are you foolish or just stupid Deku faced him alone, Overhaul is clearly the superior opponent on top of that lacks the experience or mastery of his quirk to beat someone at that level. It doesn't matter if he throws inspirational words that's just way of being hopeful doesn't mean his going to win that's typical shounen cliche bullshit that's why I said go read Fairy Tail if you want that.

The fact you mentioned Mirio wanting have One for All implies you think Deku is not winning enough, Mirio with OFA would be boring there would no real tension or stakes or hardship because his already at his peak we know he is going win.

Your an idiot how is it anti-climatic or plot convenience where it's been set up several chapters ago there's another hero team in the vicinity and were progressing through so those points are moot.

Your complaints have no actual merit that's why

Haha your the one getting salty and triggered by the chapter implying you want a new protagonist you can't get more butthurt that that lol

I'm sure there's more the way for you lol.

I don't particularly like this arc think it's mediocre so no I don't worship the manga like its the second coming so try again.

Temujin26SOct 6, 2017 4:36 PM
Oct 7, 2017 6:09 AM
Jul 2017
Starisametaphor said:

dude cmon midoriya has almost no real fighting experience compared to mirio
Oct 7, 2017 6:12 AM
Jul 2017
Starisametaphor said:
Temujin26S said:

(It's sort of funny how you keep bringing up Fairy Tail, like do you want to start a discussion about it in a completely irrelevant thread or something? Or is it that you think it would be too plot convenient if Deku fought on his own.

I guess people showing up just when Deku needed them isn't plot convenient either?)

Although it's funny how you call me triggered (nowadays y'all just using that word pretty easy but don't quite understand what it means and forget to look into the mirror, I guess?). Since you've got me calmly stating my dislikes and there's you, who clearly has a problem with that.

After all...

You've got me, stating my dislikes of the chapter and then you've got yourself, replying to my dislikes and summarizing with ''This is not Fairy Tail'' (lol) and dropping in a couple of other irrelevant anime that have nothing to do with my post (lol DBZ, calm down), and you call me triggered because you can't handle my opinion?

Boi.

You've got yourself, so against my opinion, you said ''dumb'' twice (relax) and ''nonsensical'' right after I called you out (take a breather), and you call me triggered?

Boi.

Sit down. Don't get too triggered when people don't worship the feet of the manga you love. Sorry I couldn't like this chapter. Maybe next time? Will that make you less pressed?

so you're saying "just fight on your own,it doesnt matter if you lose this fight where people will suffer if you lose,why?because i want to see that"
Oct 7, 2017 7:05 AM

Aug 2015
Temujin26S said:

Are you foolish or just stupid Deku faced him alone, Overhaul is clearly the superior opponent on top of that lacks the experience or mastery of his quirk to beat someone at that level. It doesn't matter if he throws inspirational words that's just way of being hopeful doesn't mean his going to win that's typical shounen cliche bullshit that's why I said go read Fairy Tail if you want that.

The fact you mentioned Mirio wanting have One for All implies you think Deku is not winning enough, Mirio with OFA would be boring there would no real tension or stakes or hardship because his already at his peak we know he is going win.

Your an idiot how is it anti-climatic or plot convenience where it's been set up several chapters ago there's another hero team in the vicinity and were progressing through so those points are moot.

Your complaints have no actual merit that's why

Haha your the one getting salty and triggered by the chapter implying you want a new protagonist you can't get more butthurt that that lol

I'm sure there's more the way for you lol.

I don't particularly like this arc think it's mediocre so no I don't worship the manga like its the second coming so try again.

Aaw, sweetie, calm down. My opinion still persists. Don't get your panties in a bunch.
StarisametaphorOct 7, 2017 7:09 AM

Oct 7, 2017 7:20 AM

Aug 2015
398288 said:
Starisametaphor said:

After all...

Boi.

Boi.

so you're saying "just fight on your own,it doesnt matter if you lose this fight where people will suffer if you lose,why?because i want to see that"

That seems pretty warped of you to assume that if he loses people will suffer.

There are plenty of people in coming who can take care of the remaining wounded while Deku faces his opponent alone. That was the point. Which is why I've made clearly from the beginning that ''I want Deku to fight on his own''. I quote and unquote: ''Having him fight with his friends is good and all, but every now and then I want them to take a back seat and let the true star shine.''

With his friends showing up just when Deku was about to make good on his words, is anti-climatic in the sense that Deku needs to be backed up while fighting again. It's annoying imo. It's frustrating. And I don't like it.

Oct 7, 2017 7:32 AM

Aug 2015
398288 said:
Starisametaphor said:

dude cmon midoriya has almost no real fighting experience compared to mirio

I wasn't talking about experience. I was talking about the character itself.

Both Mirio and Midoriya had it rough in different ways, but it all comes down to the same thing; they were seen as inferior or not good enough and had (prolonged) periods of time where they truthfully believed they wouldn't be able to become a hero. Their pasts are very similar in that sense.

To have someone like Mirio then sacrifice something he has worked so hard to gain, you're struck with the sense of ''Woah, you really are a great hero''. He tugs at my heart strings even more so now that Deku has fallen completely to the background. I'm left to wonder why Deku was supposedly someone who deserved One for All more than Mirio. I'm left to wonder what made Deku so great in light of Mirio. Was it purely coincidence that Deku was chosen and not Mirio, but that alone gives me even more reason to like Mirio more than Deku. Or was it because Deku had something that Mirio didn't, and if so, what exactly?

With two characters who are so similar, there's the pressing need to have affirmed why one of them is the protagonist and why the other isn't. And that alone is even more reason to see Deku face this battle on his own, imo.

Oct 7, 2017 9:13 AM
Jan 2017
Starisametaphor said:
398288 said:

That seems pretty warped of you to assume that if he loses people will suffer.

There are plenty of people in coming who can take care of the remaining wounded while Deku faces his opponent alone. That was the point. Which is why I've made clearly from the beginning that ''I want Deku to fight on his own''. I quote and unquote: ''Having him fight with his friends is good and all, but every now and then I want them to take a back seat and let the true star shine.''

With his friends showing up just when Deku was about to make good on his words, is anti-climatic in the sense that Deku needs to be backed up while fighting again. It's annoying imo. It's frustrating. And I don't like it.

It is warped people lives are stake there is no time for pride or stubbornness especially when there is superior opponent whose clearly superior it's foolish to be him alone when a team can help. Like I said he has faced opponents on his own so your complaints are moot.

We don't know for all we know Deku may changed the future slightly plus don't can just fix everything with his fists there's gonna be repercussions and consequences from this mission. So again its'not anti-climatic, plus he will have plenty of chances to shine in the future.

You can't talk about the character without the experience since your comparing Mirio and Deku. Yes they similar but not the same, one had a quirk but didn't know how to use correctly until he meet Sir Nighteye, while the other had no quirk and wanted to be hero when he did get a quirk his playing catch up who have had their quirk for years.

I understand Mirio is definitely a great hero would've been a great successor to inherit OFA, but I think alot people missed the point the author was trying to convey, instead people are picking sides who would be the the best OFA inheritor which is wrong.

The whole point of Mirio introduction was to show how lucky Deku was to receive the quirk and his not special, many people out there just as qualified or even more deserving to inherit OFA but never got a chance to prove themselves. Now Deku know this it's pushing him more to work harder and become a great successor to All Might.

Remember All Might was still looking who to pass OFA onto and hadn't met Mirio yet, he choose Deku because he saw his passion and the fact they were both had something in common them being both quirkless. If All Might had Mirio first he would've gotten OFA.

That's why I give props to Horikoshi he could've easily discredited Mirio by giving him have a fatal flaw or him turning evil to make Deku look better or Deku was the special one all this time, but nope he twists it making us realise there's people just as passionate when comes to saving people just as Deku.

Deku will probably aspire to him to next level heroic wise.

You to remember Deku in the beginning of the story narrating saying how be became the number one hero so he going to show his a worthy successor and we see growth in him already.

I understand a bit where your coming sorry if I come off aggressive and dismissive.

Temujin26SOct 13, 2017 12:11 PM
Oct 8, 2017 2:44 PM

Jun 2010
That was some good shii maine, poor Eri though who knows how many times chisaki has already turned her into tomato paste and back again :(
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Oct 9, 2017 7:48 AM
Sep 2012
Since they got in the residence of the EightFold Cleansers I kinda feel underwhelmed by the arc instead of hyped by the upcoming actions. I felt meh about Kirishima's development, Rappa's reason he followed Chisaki, rescuing Eri, and Nighteye's quirk (I personally don't like the concept of not being able to change destiny and the ability to see the future).. I really don't know why, maybe the main problem here is that I feel the series is trying too hard right now to be dramatic?? They care too much about a little girl they barely know.

But hey, I love the arcs before hero license (I think the hero license arc itself is entertaining to read, but this current arc just doesn't seat well with me) and will keep reading.
Oct 9, 2017 1:04 PM
May 2015
We finally get to see Chronostatis without his mask, find out his name and quirk. Interesting. Even is Aizawa is slow I hope he can someone use his quirk on him.

I feel so bad for Eri! I hope she does get saved and Chisaki gets beaten so that she never has to see him again. Honestly, team Ryukyu crashing in is probably because so they can take Eri away from there so that Deku can fight Chisaki without having to worry about her.

I wonder if Sir Nighteye saw them crashing in. If there is anyone that can change the future, it is definitely Midoriya.

Oct 12, 2017 3:36 AM
Jul 2016
Tbqh, I'm actually finding this arc to be ny least favorite so far, and I think this has mostly to do with Chisaki.
All the Heroes we were introdyced to are great characters and I love the focus Kirishima is getting but... Chisaki doesn't feel like a MHA villain, he feels like a mix between Orochimaru(who was already my most hated character from Naruto) and Fyodor from BSD.
He doesn't have the charisma the League of Villains has, his motives are unclear and he has no redeeming qualities, even treating his henchmen like literal trash.

I just hope he gets dealt with soon enough so we can go back into focusing either on school stuff or the LoV
Oct 12, 2017 7:40 AM

Apr 2017
ShishoEO said:
Tbqh, I'm actually finding this arc to be ny least favorite so far, and I think this has mostly to do with Chisaki.
All the Heroes we were introdyced to are great characters and I love the focus Kirishima is getting but... Chisaki doesn't feel like a MHA villain, he feels like a mix between Orochimaru(who was already my most hated character from Naruto) and Fyodor from BSD.
He doesn't have the charisma the League of Villains has, his motives are unclear and he has no redeeming qualities, even treating his henchmen like literal trash.

I just hope he gets dealt with soon enough so we can go back into focusing either on school stuff or the LoV

His motives are clear, he wants to be the next symbol of evil (the next all for one) and by that he needs money, he'll gain that money through selling drugs that boost quirks..That's what all this arc is about damn were you reading this manga or not?

Oct 13, 2017 7:48 AM

Dec 2014
Starisametaphor said:
I'm left to wonder what made Deku so great in light of Mirio. Was it purely coincidence that Deku was chosen and not Mirio, but that alone gives me even more reason to like Mirio more than Deku. Or was it because Deku had something that Mirio didn't, and if so, what exactly?

With two characters who are so similar, there's the pressing need to have affirmed why one of them is the protagonist and why the other isn't. And that alone is even more reason to see Deku face this battle on his own, imo.

The only one who could answer a question like that is probably All Might, honestly. In fact, I'd almost expect us to get a scene later where All Might (or maybe Nighteye) explains the quality that inspired him to choose Deku over Mirio.

And as for fighting alone, I think a point the manga's constantly made is that Deku's still growing. Mirio is a third year, while Deku in spite of all his growth is still a first-year, and not even at the top of his class. Mirio at Deku's age wasn't even able to do what Deku's doing now, he was still struggling with phasing through stuff.

And I can guess at what might be going through your head at that; that Deku's only at this level because he got One For All and Mirio didn't. But that's where All Might's reasoning comes in- and everything after this is all my own opinion.

All Might chose Deku after seeing him go in to save Bakugou despite his own conflicting desires- 'his feet moved on his own' and whatnot. And that's one of the two crucial things that sets Deku apart from Mirio, at least that we know of so far. Deku had just as much courage as Mirio, if not more so, despite being so much weaker than even Mirio was at the time. And that was enough to make All Might choose Deku instead. All Might himself was Quirkless, remember?

Yea, this is like a week after the chapter came out, but I'm slow to catch up on this stuff and I just wanted to toss my opinion out there. Feel free to critique and all that shizz.
Oct 13, 2017 8:53 AM
Jul 2016
naschyamamoto said:
Starisametaphor said:
I'm left to wonder what made Deku so great in light of Mirio. Was it purely coincidence that Deku was chosen and not Mirio, but that alone gives me even more reason to like Mirio more than Deku. Or was it because Deku had something that Mirio didn't, and if so, what exactly?

The only one who could answer a question like that is probably All Might, honestly. In fact, I'd almost expect us to get a scene later where All Might (or maybe Nighteye) explains the quality that inspired him to choose Deku over Mirio.

And as for fighting alone, I think a point the manga's constantly made is that Deku's still growing. Mirio is a third year, while Deku in spite of all his growth is still a first-year, and not even at the top of his class. Mirio at Deku's age wasn't even able to do what Deku's doing now, he was still struggling with phasing through stuff.

And I can guess at what might be going through your head at that; that Deku's only at this level because he got One For All and Mirio didn't. But that's where All Might's reasoning comes in- and everything after this is all my own opinion.

All Might chose Deku after seeing him go in to save Bakugou despite his own conflicting desires- 'his feet moved on his own' and whatnot. And that's one of the two crucial things that sets Deku apart from Mirio, at least that we know of so far. Deku had just as much courage as Mirio, if not more so, despite being so much weaker than even Mirio was at the time. And that was enough to make All Might choose Deku instead. All Might himself was Quirkless, remember?

Yea, this is like a week after the chapter came out, but I'm slow to catch up on this stuff and I just wanted to toss my opinion out there. Feel free to critique and all that shizz.

There was a panel some chapters ago(can't remember which one tho) where All Might thinks "If I hadn't met Midoriya, I'd surely have chosen Togata".

There's no difference in their virtues, it's just that Deku was in the right place, at the right time. He hadn't met Mirio yet.

I'm sure if given the choice, All Might would have had a hard time because both Mirio and Deku are heroes at their core.
Jan 4, 2018 12:01 PM

Nov 2011

umm,the whole point of one for all is for its bearer to fight on his own and be the shining star of the whole world,so the whole point of the manga is making deku be the next all might ,and be able to shoulder the burden of the whole world ,so while its fine to fight in groups it's literally not what the end point is going to be ,also the last chapters are not the problem ,as soon as all might fought one for all ,the author hit the breaks on the plot (there were moment before that but this when it became clear) he's obviously now going the way of similar shounens : introducing new characters(both hero and villains) giving every one of them a fight and a background story instead on focusing on already established characters and furthering the story ,i mean it's the usual for shounens ,its just frustrating by the author standards ,the pace slowing and stretching of small arcs,compared to the fast pace from before makes it seem like its gotten bad ,when it's actually still better than many shounens ,hopefully the author focuses the story and plot cause i would much rather a 200 ch great manga than some 900ch+ unending just decent manga
- Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.

- The biggest challenge in life is being yourself… In a world trying to make you like everyone else
May 31, 2019 2:02 AM

May 2016
Deku's fighting Overhaul with all the power he can muster without breaking himself in the process but it wasn't enough for him to finish his opponent off alone. All the torture her foster father did to her had a brainwashing effect on Eri and everything they've stood up for was almost reduced to nothing but the ladies came crashing into the battlefield to change Nighteye and Deku's fates!

Eraserhead and Mirio's still in trouble out there though...

Mar 12, 2022 5:03 AM

Feb 2021
Damn Nighteye saw himself and Deku dying in his foresight?

Aug 16, 2022 8:20 PM
Community Mod
💧Focalors💧

Mar 2022

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Yesterday

2 by TengenFr »»
Today, 6:36 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.