Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 29, 2017 6:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Eh this series' finale felt like any other episodes. Not really feeling it like a climax.

I will say tht the finale really had some neat witch designs in regards to this character cast. The story? It felt stale and didn't get me invested for the ideas it tried to sell. Collectively, many characters showd up in this finale.

One of my favorite episodes from this series is episode 3 and I wish it presented it more in that style. Oh well, only 13 episodes so it didn't take long to finish in the end.

Sep 29, 2017 7:06 AM

Mar 2017
I have a soft spot for game-inspired anime...I think. Haven't seen that many. But typical for game-based anime, the ending was anticlimatic.

Oh, the irony in them using a sexist term like "girl talk", and not thinking twice about it.

7/10

The reason Haruto died was probably because the door leads to heaven. Adam and Eve should've died a long time ago, so it seems plausible.
OPObsessedOct 25, 2017 6:37 AM
    have a berry

good day lol
Sep 29, 2017 7:51 AM

Jun 2015
The girls prevented Eve from destroying the world by having a tea party with her. They had an interesting discussion. It's amusing it worked out. Professor K went back to the dream to go to Haruto's room but he couldn't find it because Haruto passed away. RIP. As for the show overall, it's below average. I couldn't get invested in it.
Sep 29, 2017 8:57 AM

Oct 2007
It turned out to be a very interesting project, from the medium point of view. It clearly didn't need a plot though, and I'd rather they just made a couple more unrelated episodes.
Sep 29, 2017 9:23 AM
Jan 2017
Honestly, this episode didn't feel like climactic or eventful, but I'm okay with that. It was good that the witches stopped Eve from destroying the world, because the show actually treats them as characters instead of throwaway plot devices and because it helps continuity. Unlike episode 7, this episode makes it clear that Haruto (Shido Itsuka 2.0) has a presence here, both in helping the witches overcome their issues and by doing something of note here. I'm also glad that it was left ambiguous if Haruto was Eve's long-lost Adam; at least that way, Haruto doesn't lose agency to an unseen character and his actions have more weight in the overarching narrative. Overall, this episode had a soothing, if weird, atmosphere to conclude what was a pleasant and quirky series.
Sep 29, 2017 9:25 AM

Sep 2017
Since Eve was made from Adam that sort of makes her his sister, i think?
So i'm pretty sure Haruto is Adam
Sep 29, 2017 9:31 AM

Jan 2017
The finale felt anticlimactic. :(
I thought the series was good overall. There were some episodes that I loved but the way the others were handled holds me back from giving it anything higher than a 7/10.
BlackCiceroSep 29, 2017 9:34 AM
Sep 29, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2013
Even after all that women in power thing they still depended and were saved by haruto/adam a man XD
They shouldn't be grateful to eve for the rotten world they live in either, 8/10
Sep 29, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2012
I didn't mind how the situation with Eve was resolved. Honestly, I didn't expect her to be so calm either, quietly listening to their arguments and all, but other than that... this episode didn't feel like it wrapped things up well... Like, who the heck is that doctor(not k. the one who appeared in this last arc)? Did Haruto really die? Is he really Adam? Man. Oh well, guess those things'll just be left up in the air

Half way through I wanted to give it a 6 at least, I'll settle with a 5 now. It had its ups at times, but it mostly had its downs.

Sep 29, 2017 10:38 AM

Nov 2009
This wasn't the most horrible final episode I've ever seen, but this show was definitely a lot better in the beginning and the way it lost steam halfway through can't be ignored. The final score is 7/10 for some really good episodes at the beginning and creativity.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Sep 29, 2017 10:59 AM

May 2016
It didn't feel like a good end, I wanted Haruto to live, sorry but 7/10
Sep 29, 2017 12:13 PM

Aug 2012
Who wrote this piece of crap? I hate it when writers want to be phylosophical especially about things they have no clue about. I enjoyed the show a lot, but the end is garbage. Is the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion all over again
Sep 29, 2017 12:36 PM

Sep 2015
So Haruto was Adam?

and just who was that man few episode ago?
Into the Internet!
Sep 29, 2017 1:45 PM

Nov 2016
That final didn't really feel like one,but it got me a bit a melancholic.

Nice show overall, even tho it was a mixed bag, there were some weird episodes, but also great ones. Think 2 and 3 were the best.
6/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2017 1:46 PM

Dec 2008
I liked Haruto. I hate he chose to end his life. I wanted him to live and hang out in the bar with all the witches he saved. I guess the one good thing that came from this is that he was reunited with his sister/wife in the end.

The plot was all over the map, but still quite enjoyable. 7/10

So, who was the hospital doctor that not only knew about Haruto as a patient, but also about Eve's cult?

Sep 29, 2017 7:01 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
This ending felt anticlimactic. The confrontation against Eve turned into a girls' talk. It started cheesy at first, but, somehow, I like how this turned out. All the Witches whom Haruto saved are all present in the final episode and all the Witches understood Eve's grievances since they're all girls. I wish Haruto woke up from his coma. The doctor from the previous episode (I could recognize Hiroshi Kamiya's voice) wasn't properly introduced at all either.

Well, I wasn't expecting the final episode to be like this, but I won't say that I disliked it. It was OK with me. The series overall was pretty creative in handling each of the Witches' backstories for every episode. I like Misaki, Yuuko, and Yurina the most. :P Eve earned a bunch of cute nicknames from the Witches too. xD

I think this anime was quite enjoyable and it became one of my higher priorities from this season especially during the final episodes of the anime. Solid 7/10. :)
Sep 30, 2017 2:10 AM

Dec 2015
What a ridiculously badly drawn ridiculous (2 eps) finale... This confirms the fact the red thread of this series weighted it.

3/5 Because I smiled at a few occasions.

Highly uneven anthology, good exercise of style at times, bogged down by its desire to feature an overall intrigue and conflict. The resolutions of several cases are hard to accept thanks to their shortness. Ridiculous last episodes.
Watch ep.2, 3, (4), 5, 7, 8, (9), 10.

5/10
Still more interesting than, let's say... Re:Creators? :v
Rei_IIISep 30, 2017 2:39 AM
Sep 30, 2017 2:41 AM

Mar 2009
That was a rather lackluster ending, to be honest. And the last couple of episodes were nowhear near as strong compared to the rest that came before it.

But that doesn't take away from this being a rather unique show, having individual episodes by different directors - all with their own style. Really, at least Gonzo actually tried with this one. Guys, name the last time Gonzo actually put in any effort?

So, yeah, despite some flaws, this was easily Gonzo's most interesting anime in years.
Sep 30, 2017 2:50 AM

Sep 2017
Goddamn the last 3 episodes were just painful to watch... This series had the talent necessary to be great, and I don't know if it was deadlines, discrepances witthin the staff or what, but the last third of the series took a nosedive in quality. A shame to see this much potential wasted. The only reason that this series isn't way lower than a 5 to me was episode 7.
Sep 30, 2017 3:34 AM
Apr 2016
Hannah_Ana said:

So, who was the hospital doctor that not only knew about Haruto as a patient, but also about Eve's cult?

I guess he's the second Adam. If Eva split up, makes sense Adamn did it too.
Sep 30, 2017 8:30 AM

Sep 2015
Better than Re:Creators I guess...
Sep 30, 2017 11:18 AM

Nov 2012
Im definitely gonna say Haurto is Adam. Thats actually pretty damn cool.
I absolutely love this series. So pretty. So creative. So unique. Tell your friends abt it!
9/10
Sep 30, 2017 2:08 PM

Apr 2013
At least we figured out why Lily(Eve) was calling Haruto(Adam) brother. So He died in real life but they're together in some other dimension not the dream world but somewhere else.
Sep 30, 2017 6:59 PM

Jun 2016
Some episodes were amazing, some were ok, and some were just bad. Unfortunately I found the ending to be a bit lacklustre. The whole Adam/Eve subplot kind of ruined the show for me. It lacked tension and seemed nonsensical. I could forgive it before, since it was in the dream world, but seeing as how there was a threat to the real one it was harder to overlook.

It's a shame too, since the dream stuff was really good but as it got close to the end the series took a nosedive.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Sep 30, 2017 9:14 PM

Jun 2017
The final episode was kinda anticlimactic, but that song at the end there was really good. That should have been the ED for the entire series.

There were wayyy too many weak points for this show for it to recieve a good score, but for its good moments I give it a 5/10.
Sep 30, 2017 11:31 PM

Jan 2011
This show was flipping weird. It had some strong interesting episodes and then some that were just way off point. Finale was somewhere in the middle of that.

Oct 1, 2017 1:57 AM

Apr 2015
trying to use Adam and Eve canon and not be faithful to the original.

it doesn't answer why women had to be subservient to men
it doesn't answer why women are now liberated from this
it doesn't answer if the current women dominating the workforce is good or not
it doesn't answer the Fruit is a poison
it doesn't answer why they were thrown out of the Garden of Eden

I really have no idea why they even tried to use the Adam and Eve canon in the first place. what are they trying to accomplish?

and furthermore, if women are to be subservient to men, why aren't we seeing more pedophiles? I could easily push this further and say that a loli's opinion means nothing as they should be subservient to a stinking 30 year old otaku right? I really have no idea. I mean really, what happened?
kidlat020Oct 1, 2017 4:53 AM
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 1, 2017 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
okay, so all the girls (witches) that Haruto saved, had a tea time and discussion with Eve (earth's humanity's doom) and simply convinced her not to do it.
So Haruto just dies from that in a coma as soon as he enters that door!?
3/5.
6/10.

Oct 1, 2017 1:05 PM

Jun 2008
So they concluded the anime with some feminist shit...
Oct 1, 2017 5:27 PM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Shame they killed off the main in the end...
I really hoped they'd all meet again in person.

Lowered from a 7/10 to a 6/10.
Oct 2, 2017 5:02 AM

Mar 2017
kidlat020 said:

I really have no idea why they even tried to use the Adam and Eve canon in the first place. what are they trying to accomplish?

and furthermore, if women are to be subservient to men, why aren't we seeing more pedophiles? I could easily push this further and say that a loli's opinion means nothing as they should be subservient to a stinking 30 year old otaku right? I really have no idea. I mean really, what happened?

Japan loves to use Christian mythology. You should really avoid fantasy anime if you're triggered easily. It is often used both symbolically and metaphorically.

Both sexes are capable of being pedophiles, and of being lolis. I think the loli fetish is more about cuteness and innocence than a young age. Technically Japan's age of consent is 12, but it is socially frowned upon to engage in sexual activity with them. Japan is very far behind law-wise. I mean, their discrimination laws are virtually nonexistent.

We are all human. Males and females are not separate species. Nobody is naturally subservient to anyone but themselves. Although, I suppose you could say that parents are subservient to their children.
OPObsessedOct 25, 2017 6:39 AM
    have a berry

good day lol
Oct 2, 2017 6:53 PM

Apr 2015
OPObsessed said:
kidlat020 said:

Japan loves to use Christian mythology. You should really avoid fantasy anime if you're triggered easily. It is often used both symbolically and metaphorically.

Both sexes are capable of being pedophiles, and of being lolis. I think the loli fetish is more about cuteness and innocence than a young age. Technically Japan's age of consent is 12, but it is socially frowned upon to engage in sexual activity with them. Japan is very far behind law-wise. I mean, their discrimination laws are virtually nonexistent.

We are all human. Males and females are not separate species. Nobody is naturally subservient to anyone but themselves. Although, I suppose you could say that parents are subservient to children.

I'm not triggered, it's just they aren't doing any justice to the canon. the topic of women should be submissive to men is a pretty huge issue at least personally speaking.

as for lolis, it really has nothing to do with fetish. if you don't like them, it only means that you like old hags. which is really a huge no. And if I can't have a loli pussy despite having a stable job after being sold to le education meme, then anime and vidya it is. after all, men are the breadwinners right? but I guess ((((they)))) never got the memo that we only want the best pussy out there if we're to make ourselves practically slaves there.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Oct 3, 2017 4:29 AM
Mar 2012
End arc concepts were good, but could've been executed much better. Haruto(Adam) & sister Lily as original vs Eve as after the apple. Maybe young doctor is original or post fall of man?... eh never got explained. Unusual contrast ep12 'climax war', ep13 calm feminist girl's talk tea time. Kinda bizarre but does fit their goal of calming Eve's anger to save the world.
So... rip Haruto, Lily... & Char.
Episodes quality varied by a huge range 3-10/10, but quite enjoyed 2-3, 7-10. At least the quirky creativity & music were mostly great.

Oct 3, 2017 3:40 PM

Mar 2016
:/ well that was an okay ending... I guess I like the series. I found it interesting at least.

I liked the idea of multiple people making there own story out of a base plot. I would watch another project like this.

Someone who knows about the game or has played it, was the story or plot similar to this series or no? I would just like to know (like is that the same ending but they just change the girls stories in between or was that how the actually game was level by level?) <== or nothing like that at all.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2017 6:06 AM

May 2012
This anime is pure trash

Episode 2 was the only good episode
Oct 7, 2017 2:49 AM
May 2016
I just caught up. I expected a lackluster ending but man...this is so weak. The animation fell so greatly too...

It's funny, though, and Eve's design is great. I love seeing the witches gather. I have no comments for feminist thing and all. There are more meh episodes for me, but the great ones are great, so 7/10. This show tried to do something new and different, and they accomplished it in some way. The music is always great for me as well.

I wish that doctor's (Hiroshi Kamiya lol) identity is revealed or something. He is hot. I'd rather have him than Haruto to be honest, but it's sad to know that Haruto passed away. Since Eve split into 2, maybe Haruto and the doctor are Adam?

My favorite episodes are episode 1, 2, 3, 7 (no. 1), and 10. Episode 9 hurt me lol but hey Misaki is pretty great as a girl and she grows. She fights cool too.
Oct 9, 2017 5:20 PM

Jun 2013
I really like the mystery/supernatural aspect of this show. The episodes with different witches were interesting and confusing. It was also funny, weird, sad and grotesque. However, the main characters weren't really developed or explored deeply since there wasn't much information about them. In addition, I didn't like the climax with girls talk being a deciding factor for the fate of humanity. It just seemed stupid and unnecessary. I still don't understand the whole Adam and Eve theory. Haruto's reason to join Eve/Lily in God's world because he might be Adam seemed vague considering the fact that he wanted to wake up all along.
Oct 9, 2017 11:47 PM

May 2017
6/10 .....but

He build a harem, only to die in the end, became repetitive in the last three episodes too smh kinda stupid

5/10
Oct 12, 2017 11:06 AM

Feb 2013
I wasn't sure how to rate this anime. I thought it was a pretty good story, the animation basically changed styles every episode which was neat. But the last two episodes kind of put a bad taste in my mouth.

7/10 but could be dropped to a 6.
Oct 13, 2017 11:22 AM

Aug 2016
I thought Haruto wake up at of his hospital bed. Not what i was expected.
Oct 15, 2017 6:09 AM

Jul 2011
I honestly wanted to like it, especially after that episode with Pol Pot and that episode where we realized there's actually a plot.

However, the final episode feel so anticlimactic. I was waiting for some pew pew explosions here and there from the witches fights.

And it didn't happen. I can't believe I let on stay with this. 4/10
Oct 15, 2017 10:09 AM

Jan 2009
First couple episodes deserve a 7/10. but last 3 were a 3/10 at most.
The animation quality was horrible, felt like a rush job.
And the plot ending is just .. dump.
Nov 12, 2017 10:12 AM

May 2012
Well that was not a total bad ending to be honest, this series was weird and quite strange, but some episodes were great! And well in general it wasn't all that bad but it did lack quite some proper points to make this anime "good".

All in all a decent watch.
Nov 15, 2017 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
kie_ said:

This quote alone makes this anime entirely worth it, because this is the funniest fucking thing I've read relating to this anime.

Anyway, 8/10. If it wasn't for the garbage Episode 9, some loose plot threads, and the (what seems to be) unintentional animation dip in the final two episodes, this would have easily been a 10/10 show. Gonzo's best in such an incredibly long time, and one of the most creative and engrossing anime this year. Plus, it leads to people online saying shit like this anime being "feminist shit" lmfao.
kie_ said:

Markdoka said:
The ones hating this anime are MOSTLY SJWs, yaoifags and Narutards. LUCKILY I'M NOT ONE OF THOSE DAMN SJWS, YAOIFAGS AND NARUTARDS bashing the show for being "too edgy" and "too un-PC".
Nov 22, 2017 9:55 AM

Jun 2011
This is quite trash, so many different ways they could've gone with the series, they chose the easiest way out, probably the most unimaginative out of all the other options.

The show is full of inconsistency, especially the characterization of characters. Haruto's personality changes based on the situation he's in, in order for him to "save" the girls. In the end, this kind of feel like a glorified harem. It feels like, at the very end, we've accomplished nothing, there's no sense of accomplishment, it doesn't feel satisfying, nothing's resolved.

The final arc is lazily done, putting the art and animation aside, the pol pot girl wasn't even saved by Haruto, he's barely involved in her case yet we're gonna act like he did something worthy of her involvement?

The setting is also really disappointing. I thought the world's gonna be a lot more bizzare based on Haruto's reality (outside of his window) in the first episode, but the world looks just the same as the one we have in reality.. unimaginative. If that's not reality, meaning if he was still in his dream at that moment, then since when did he get into comatose state? I remember him going to the bar with professor to meet the 2 other dudes who were about to get killed in their dream.

Music is ok, the series was promising at the beginning but it failed to be meaningful in any kind of way, despite actually trying to be meaningful, aka a failed project. There's also a lot of unexplained occurences in the series.. that were dropped.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 23, 2017 5:36 AM

Jan 2010
Despite it's bad animation and some cringe moments, the anime had some really fresh ideas and design choices and and some of the episodes were almost 10/10. It pretty much was as messy yet beautiful as any dream would be so I guess it did its job right. I was actually satisfied with how things were wrapped up. I liked everything the girls said even if it was a bit cheese here and there. I'm glad they didn't finish this with some big battle or anything like that. Just talking it over might have been apa big anticlimatic, but it was an interesting plot choice and bringing the girls back was a lovely look back at what we've gone through. Overall I'm giving it a 7/10. Had a lot of potential, and although it turned out not that bad, it could have been something much greater as some of the episodes showed us.
Nov 26, 2017 7:21 AM
Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
This is quite trash, so many different ways they could've gone with the series, they chose the easiest way out, probably the most unimaginative out of all the other options.

The show is full of inconsistency, especially the characterization of characters. Haruto's personality changes based on the situation he's in, in order for him to "save" the girls. In the end, this kind of feel like a glorified harem. It feels like, at the very end, we've accomplished nothing, there's no sense of accomplishment, it doesn't feel satisfying, nothing's resolved.

The final arc is lazily done, putting the art and animation aside, the pol pot girl wasn't even saved by Haruto, he's barely involved in her case yet we're gonna act like he did something worthy of her involvement?

The setting is also really disappointing. I thought the world's gonna be a lot more bizzare based on Haruto's reality (outside of his window) in the first episode, but the world looks just the same as the one we have in reality.. unimaginative. If that's not reality, meaning if he was still in his dream at that moment, then since when did he get into comatose state? I remember him going to the bar with professor to meet the 2 other dudes who were about to get killed in their dream.

Music is ok, the series was promising at the beginning but it failed to be meaningful in any kind of way, despite actually trying to be meaningful, aka a failed project. There's also a lot of unexplained occurences in the series.. that were dropped.

Are you talking about episode 2? Haruto was never shown outside the dream world
Nov 28, 2017 5:23 AM

Jun 2011
LeonLanford said:
I was thinking of episode 1 actually, the first instances where he woke up, got off his bed, looked outside of his window.. the fact that he didn't find the weird scenery outside of his window, well, weird, told me that's how it's supposed to look like in their world.

If you're talking about meeting the professor, I don't remember but I think it's around episode 2 or 3 where the case involved 3 teenagers who didn't get convicted long enough because they were underage, and the professor/Haruto met up with the 2 other survivors to talk to them about the case, in a bar where they were acting suspicious because they didn't want to fall asleep, and then the huge guy couldn't take it anymore and went to sleep, and got himself killed.. I think that's what happened, or did Haruto and the professor communicate through the communication device that the Prof. gave Haruto earlier? I couldn't remember the exact scenario but I remember thinking "how could Haruto know how the prof looks like in real life" when they met up casually somewhere.. I am fairly certain that happened.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 28, 2017 6:03 AM
Jul 2008
ToG25thBaam said:
LeonLanford said:
I was thinking of episode 1 actually, the first instances where he woke up, got off his bed, looked outside of his window.. the fact that he didn't find the weird scenery outside of his window, well, weird, told me that's how it's supposed to look like in their world.

If you're talking about meeting the professor, I don't remember but I think it's around episode 2 or 3 where the case involved 3 teenagers who didn't get convicted long enough because they were underage, and the professor/Haruto met up with the 2 other survivors to talk to them about the case, in a bar where they were acting suspicious because they didn't want to fall asleep, and then the huge guy couldn't take it anymore and went to sleep, and got himself killed.. I think that's what happened, or did Haruto and the professor communicate through the communication device that the Prof. gave Haruto earlier? I couldn't remember the exact scenario but I remember thinking "how could Haruto know how the prof looks like in real life" when they met up casually somewhere.. I am fairly certain that happened.

In episode 2, he spent most of time in the killer girl's room. He communicated with professor using the communicator.
I think even until the last episode, Haruto never learned what the professor's true face looks like
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 18if Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2017

45 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:48 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2017

28 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 26, 12:34 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 18, 2017

90 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:43 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2017

39 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 3:27 PM

Poll: » 18if Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2017

48 by fiveguysshake »»
Feb 25, 2:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.