Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 26, 2017 5:51 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Now this episode really did feel like a finale with everyone gathered together with even Aoba taking the stage to introduce herself as a character designer. Kou really looked like a leader out there and expressed her passion for making games.

Momoji and Aoba had some interesting moments this episode imo. Aoba and Kou also had an emotional moment. Kou's goodbye really felt like a good way to conclude this season.

This episode had more emotional moments than I had expected. 8/10, loved this season as much as the first, perhaps even more.
Stark700Sep 26, 2017 10:31 AM
Sep 26, 2017 5:54 AM
Jul 2018
where did u watch it
Sep 26, 2017 6:29 AM
Jul 2018
Welp, it's over. Time to cry because of all the feels it left behind. No more cute girls doing cute stuff during 9:30PM JST.
removed-userSep 26, 2017 7:49 AM
Sep 26, 2017 7:42 AM

Mar 2016
NOOOOOOOO PLEASE DON'T BE OVER

i am surprised i started tearing up, i really will miss this show. sEASON THREE PLEAAAAAASE

8/10
Sep 26, 2017 7:43 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful finale and quite an emotional one at that.

That moment when Koi invited Aoba onto the stage by reaching out her hand was wonderful. That was honestly my favorite moment in the entire episode.

The sweet sweet Shoujo-ai wrenches my heart, lovely scene with Rin and Ko's farewell.
Classic airport sendoff as well and yet another lovely moment between Ko and Aoba. That translation for Aoba's Baka yaro was rather strong and had me laughing. XD

Nice post credits scenes as well and I like how Aoba was mentioned at the back of the cover.

Overall, just as good as the first season. Loved all the character dynamics especially Aoba's and Ko's mentor-mentee relationship. Good development for all the characters and show was just as cute and charming as always. No complaints here. The weird things is it never really sunk into me that this was ending today, It was only when I started the episode that I actually realized that this was finale and we aren't gonna be getting more for quite some time. It feels like this show should just continue. :(

8/10 , hope we get a 3rd season and until then best of luck to all the girls.
Sep 26, 2017 7:55 AM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
An amazing finale to a great second season! The sendoff for Yagami at the airport was really emotional. The parting scenes were handled so beautifully. T_T

I absolutely love this season of New Game! Only time will tell if we'll ever get a third season. However, I am looking forward to the next new game they're going to make. :D Go, go, Aocchi & Nenechi!
Sep 26, 2017 8:15 AM
Aug 2016
I definitely gonna miss New Game.
Season 2 imo wasn't great as season 1 for obvious reasons, but it became a product that i really love, and it has for sure a place in my top 10 since i'm really attached to the girls.

Love ya, 8/10
Sep 26, 2017 8:21 AM

Oct 2016
I can't believe Yagami was actually going to quit altogether.

Nenechi was my favourite character, loved her development throughout the season and I really hope there's a season 3
Sep 26, 2017 8:23 AM

May 2015
yagami saaaaan ;(

this season felt more dramatic compared to last which was more light hearted
stahp making aoba cry
Sep 26, 2017 8:27 AM

Jun 2015
What a wonderful finale. Everyone saying their goodbyes to Kou was heartwarming. I can understand why she's leaving and I respect her decision. The moment when she reached out her hand to invite Aoba on the stage was marvelous. A great show overall. It's just as good as the first one. 7/10
Sep 26, 2017 8:30 AM
May 2016
Ko, you big dummy. We're all going to miss you. Enjoy working in France (I'm going to assume you're working at Ubisoft) and come back to Eagle Jump stronger than ever. What's funny is they're probably going to be a lot more liberal with you sleeping under your desk in your panties. Also, good luck with the food :P

Rin, your beloved will come back sooner than you think. She has you to still take care of her even tho she's on the other side of the world. You won't be alone, ever. Keep her in your thoughts always, and you'll be stronger and ready to tell her how you truly feel when she comes back.

Aoba, congratulations on PECO. You've grown so much as a designer since joining Eagle Jump and now it's time for you to make your big break and become a star. Ko's gone, but you'll be ready to lead in her absence before you know it. I can't wait to see your new game.

Momo and Naru, I was tough on you earlier on but I've learnt about the expectations that have been put on you and I know you're both trying your best to succeed. Welcome to the fold, and congratulations on getting hired.

Nene, Umiko has high hopes for you to do your best, and I'm also confident you'll grow as a young woman and only keep learning. Do your best, baby boo!

Hifumi, words can't describe how much I am in love with you, believe me I've tried writing them down. As someone who also has social anxiety, I'm extremely proud of how you've grown and felt more comfortable around people. I cannot wait to share more experiences with you, and remember I'll always have you by my side (mainly cause your adorable face is all over my stuff). I love you.

Shizuku, it's gonna be hard without Ko, but your company is in safe hands with Aoba. Also, screw you for ruining that perfect romantic moment between Ko and Rin. Once your forehead heals I must just flick it again. (I do it out of love, tho).

Umiko, you have good students in Naru and Nene. Treat them well, and lighten up a little, yeah. You're still awesome.

Hajime, you're such a bouncing ball of fun and you've been nothing but absolute joy. I can't wait to see you again.

Yun, thank you for being the voice of reason, and for keeping Hajime slightly grounded. She'd fly into the sun if it wasn't for you :P

Christine, I was hard on you before for being just a publisher mouthpiece, but if it wasn't for you, Ko would have straight up quit. So thank you for that. Also, go home, you're drunk (even though drunk Christine is best Christine)

Girls, thank you for putting a smile on this depressed loser's face. You may not be on the telly, but you'll all still be a big part of my life, especially you, Hifumi.

To the creator, animators and staff for New Game, thank you for putting a smile on this depressed loser's face. Anime has gotten me through a lot in the last two years, but your franchise in particular has filled my heart with so much goodness. This better not be the end. I want you to start working on a third season as soon as possible please.

Shotaro Tokuno, you have no idea how happy your little manga about cute girls working for a game developer has made me. I have nothing but the highest level of respect for you because of that.
Sep 26, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2008
Video game company in France. Ubisoft? Would love to see sequel. Season 3 when?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 26, 2017 8:47 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Third season please!

This was just as good as season 1, they really nail the ending episodes. Very emotional and i really felt for Rin :(
Sep 26, 2017 8:53 AM

Sep 2013
Not gonna lie, I teared up a lot. Saying goodbye to a role model and leader like that would be hard. I was just glad that Aoba was able to get everything out she needed to say before Kou left. That scene with Rin tugged at my heart strings. I was waiting for her reaction all week and I'm glad it delivered well. It was such a beautiful scene between the two. Super happy that Kou was giving Aoba a lot of credit during that panel as well! Aoba worked hard and she deserved it. Hopefully some little girl out there will be inspired by her work like how Aoba was inspired by Kou.

Goodbye Yagami! Hope she does well in France, though I'm sure she'll do well. I wonder how people in France will react to her habit of taking her pants off? I bet that would be real treat to see their reaction. Anyways, I hope she gets better and returns soon because it's not going to be the same without her

5/5- for the episode
9/10- for the season

I loved this episode. It felt like a finale compared to last season. I think Yagami leaving was a good thing for Aoba to grow and become more determined to be better for when Yagami returns. Momiji is seemingly friendlier to Aoba as well and I hope their rivalry will continue sharpening each other's sword. Iron sharpens Iron so I hope they will grow. I am kinda bummed we didn't get a drunk post-credits scene like last season. That was hilarious though this post-credit was great.

In my opinion, this season was much better than last. Though in my opinion the comedy was lacking a bit. However, the added drama and emotions to this season made up for it a lot. I came for the moe girls but I got some feels a few episodes so that was great. Also the chemistry between the usual suspects and the new girls were greatl. I'm also a little biased because I absolutely adore Hifumi and was very happy to see her get a lot of screen time in the earlier part of the season. Though I would've loved to see Nene a lot more too.

I also like the additions of Momiji and Narumi as well. It added a little life to the series and will hopefully fill the void after Kou's departure. I do wish they took their personalities from home to work because those girls were entertaining when they're not serious. I also loved the 3rd ED song out of all the songs, with the 1st OP song and 2nd OP song being a close 2nd.

Now I just wished there was a lot more material left to adapt. This cast is too fun to watch. Anyone know if there are more raws that haven't been translated? I'd love to read them when I get the chance.
TehSnawnSep 26, 2017 9:13 AM

Sep 26, 2017 8:57 AM

Sep 2015
Someone should stop her or maybe remind Yagami about her half naked sleeping.

She can get assaulted if a man saw her that defenless.

And why you don't just go to Nintendo or any big game company on your own country?
going outside japan gaming company = murder! blood! dark shit story! curse! kind of game no more friendly kind world.
ZBlastHistorySep 26, 2017 9:09 AM
Into the Internet!
Sep 26, 2017 9:09 AM

Jan 2012
And so Ko really left after all. At least for now. My thoughts on this second season of New Game are honestly surprisingly sparse. Best-girl Nenecchi was still best girl. Naru was a huge bitch. The rest was pretty much just like season one, which is good considering how much I enjoyed that. That's it really. 8/10.

Sep 26, 2017 9:13 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
For what was technically a very slow adaptation of the manga, the pacing still felt pretty good somehow. It also gave them time to focus more on the individual scenes in this finale to make it a bit more impactful than it was in the manga. So yeah, nicely done

From what I read in the afterword of volume 6 by the author, we'll be seeing some of Yagami's adventures in France first-hand in the future, so if we get a third season sometime we could have both that and the so-far skipped prequel volume adapted
Sep 26, 2017 9:18 AM

Apr 2011
Well. That was over. Time flies so fast. It got really emotional about Yagami's going to France.

The anime was fun. But it felt so short. The two new hires are okay for now.

I really wish there was more.

8/10.
Sep 26, 2017 9:31 AM
Jul 2017
I ship it.

This season was way more emotional and serious than the last one but still had a good balance with the humour aspect. This was a great season finale for a great season cant wait for a season 3.
Sep 26, 2017 9:31 AM

Apr 2016
Amazing finale, best episode of the season.
Sep 26, 2017 9:35 AM

Aug 2010
What a huge letdown after the first season. The AAAAAAAAANGST-filled melodrama was really out of place in this show and made the supposedly emotional scenes too jarring to enjoy. The new additions to the cast weren't exactly anything great either, the shtick of 'antagonistic newcomer finds out that the person he dislikes is actually really good and hardworking' has been done to death and utilizing it for both characters was lazy and unengaging. Not to mention it was to the detriment of already existing characters that got shafted screen time wise. If this is the future of New Game then I'm definitely clicking on the quit button in the menu. 5/10 and I'm generous.
Sep 26, 2017 9:42 AM

Dec 2015
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL ENDING!!! I COULDNT STOP CRYING!! SO EMOTIONAL!!!

i hope we get a third season next year, please god!

8/10
Sep 26, 2017 9:56 AM
Jul 2018
Satisfying show and nice ending, 10/10.
Sep 26, 2017 9:58 AM

Apr 2015
I dunno man, I feel the one that Ubisoft truly need is Nene with her debugging powers.

9/10, more yuri than S1.
befriend (v.): To violently attack someone with very dangerous and extremely powerful blasts of magical pink light until your target sees the validity of your viewpoint.
Sep 26, 2017 10:48 AM

Sep 2016
so, Kou is going to Ubisoft to learn how to make garbage games that sell well even with shitty pricing and microtransaction hell? hmm

japanese games are way better, Kou made mistake!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 26, 2017 10:48 AM

Nov 2008
Rin.. you can do it .. you just have to wait for her to come back and finally confess lmao - it went were we (at least I ) thought it was going and it was a great season; ive been reading both the manga and watching the anime so .. I hope for a season 3. Since weill be seeing from what the afterword of vol 6 (anime covered etc) we will see Ko in france not sure how MUCH but we will see her.. (it would be very odd to drop her off the face of the series seeing as how damn popular she is lol) But I look forward to a maybe season 3 and to see how the characters will really act especially Rin with no Ko .... perhaps we can get a little more comedy balance back into the 'drama' though Great season 9/10

TYxTxYT said:
I dunno man, I feel the one that Ubisoft truly need is Nene with her debugging powers.

9/10, more yuri than S1.

lol i agree
Sep 26, 2017 10:59 AM

Jan 2014
beautiful ! this is what finale episode should be !
i need one more episode, an OVA maybe? after that i will be satisfied.
8/10
Sep 26, 2017 11:06 AM

Nov 2014
Really enjoyed it and looking forward to a future season 3 and more updates on the manga.

My ships need to sail.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Sep 26, 2017 11:19 AM

Nov 2016

That got me good xD

Truly a wonderful final, got everything I hoped for and even exceeded my expectations.

Overall this season definitely surpassed the first one for me. Over the course of the show the cast really grew on me especially through the character development and the drama and after such a fantastic conclusion it's kinda hard to give out anything below an 8 tbh. But despite enjoying it very much not every episode had the same level of quality,which is why I have to settle down for a 7.

Gonna miss this, S3 would be appreciated.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 26, 2017 11:21 AM

Jan 2016
Wow what a finale this was. What else can I say... I really enjoyed this season ^^

8/10
THANKS SENPIEX
Sep 26, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
Everyone getting their feelings out and they continue on :'(
More emotional than last season 9/10
Sep 26, 2017 11:42 AM

Jan 2014
I enjoyed the second season. I like how their relationships built off from last season. Judging by the ending, there "might" be a third season? Who knows.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Sep 26, 2017 11:46 AM

Nov 2011
Great season! After a great first season, the next one, he was able to keep up the expectations and relaunch a story that he could not advance more than that - at least that's what I was thinking before starting this second season. Instead I was amazed at the good work done on the narration to add to the comedy also a serious and as realistic as possible side. The graphics quality on the field was great and the characters were up to expectations, even the new arrivals; even though I think of Nene, Umiko and Hazuki as the best characters. However, I would like to emphasize that the rest of the girls are amazing and very nice.

8/10
Sep 26, 2017 12:09 PM
Aug 2017
So is there enough content in the manga to go for a Season 3? Or is this really the end because this episode really did feel like a sendoff episode for the series' anime adaptation.
Sep 26, 2017 12:14 PM

Feb 2014
Now I feel a little bit empty again. D=

Just like the season before, New Game season two has been an absolute joy to watch. Their might've been more drama, but it was dealt with pretty well and effectively, which is refreshing.

So it was nice that Kou got a great send-off from all of Eagle Jump, but most noticeably, Rin and Aoba. Their respective speeches to Kou was emotional, very well done and had me shed a tear or two as well. T_T

I'm going to miss the Eagle Jump crew once again. I hope that there'll be more material for a third season someday. =)

8/10 or 9/10. I can't decide between the two. >_<
Sep 26, 2017 12:52 PM
Aug 2011
She's thinking that she will learn to make better games, but we all know that another assassins creed is all that's waiting for her.

Unless she will be making Beyond Good and Evil 2 or new Rayman.
Sep 26, 2017 1:03 PM

Aug 2015
I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this show. definitely needs a third season
Sep 26, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2013
Great finale, top kek improvement over first season. Gonna miss it, good luck to Eagle Jump!
Don't believe the hype.
Sep 26, 2017 1:29 PM

May 2015
And so it ends with an emotional finale. It's been another great ride, just like the first season. Enjoyed it just as much ;__;....

Hopefully this season will do just as good as the first season, or even better, to warrant another season after there's more material.

Going to miss the cast and the show ;__;....

10/10.

Sep 26, 2017 1:30 PM
Jun 2016
we better get another season, or a spinoff of her time in france!!
Sep 26, 2017 1:35 PM

Jun 2017
It was a nice ending and we are left open for a season 3 which will probably happen at one point. This one was also among the better shows this season.
Sep 26, 2017 2:08 PM

Mar 2009
I don't know why but there's something about this anime that always makes me keep watching. It's so silly yet heartwarming and the characters all have their own unique personalities. If there will be another season I'll definitely watch it!
Sep 26, 2017 3:01 PM

Apr 2010
A shame it's already over it was a nice anime to watch just like the first season.
I hope we will be able to see more of Aoba animated since she is a great character.

The ending was also nice, Yagami left it up to the newbies.
Sep 26, 2017 3:20 PM

Oct 2013
As I said last week, New Game!! gets a 9/10 from me. That was one outstanding final episode.

I'm praying for season 3, or at bare minimum a movie.
Sep 26, 2017 3:28 PM
Jul 2017
Awesome finale for a somewhat bumpy season.
Sep 26, 2017 3:54 PM

Oct 2013
On a whim I decided to watch episode 12 of season one. It's cool that they show Christina several times during the ep, but she never speaks. At almost the very end there is a shot looking in at the party from the lobby, two girls are shown from behind, standing at the outside edge of the crowd - one with cherry red hair and the other a brunette- could these two be Momo and Narumi? I'm not sure why they would be at the party though, but maybe they crashed it.
Sep 26, 2017 4:36 PM

Dec 2016
Really sad to see a beloved member leave, can't blame Yagami though, she only wanted to improve and get better, nothing wrong with that.

Really nice moment there at the airport with everyone saying goodbye to her.

Aoba's rant was really funny.

Hope to see another season this, really enjoyed both and want to watch more.
Sep 26, 2017 5:13 PM
Apr 2010
One of the best ending episodes I've ever seen. This season ain't that great but this final made me up the score to 8/10. The feelings with Ko leaving were just too much.

Well done
Sep 26, 2017 5:26 PM
Feb 2014
Yagami left to give Aoba and Momiki the chance to grow, since they would always be overshadowed by her popularity (just like with PECO). That's why they emphasised that she was going to quit at first, improving her skills is just an excuse.
Sep 26, 2017 5:29 PM

Aug 2013
The ship sailed!!! Been waiting so long for this \o/

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 1, 2017

84 by Kristiwazhere »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 15, 2017

100 by kitoha »»
Apr 21, 8:29 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2017

87 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 4:20 PM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2017

72 by winddevil1 »»
Apr 20, 9:49 AM

Poll: » New Game!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2017

99 by whitebeartigtig »»
Apr 7, 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.